AWeber Email Marketing Reviews

• Overall
    4.3/5
    4.1/5
    4.4/5

About AWeber Email Marketing

Turn passive prospects into loyal customers with easy-to-use email marketing and automation tools and live 24/7 customer support.

Learn more about AWeber Email Marketing

Djordje M.
Senior Adviser
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2020

"Top email marketing tool"

Comments: From the start, everything was clear for me, and I got into the software almost immediately. Every further step I have made was smooth, and what I expected. It saves a lot of time and makes sure that your emails will be delivered. Also, you get great analytics, which helps you plan for your next steps.

Pros: This software has everything that I could imagine I will need for my email campaigns. Also, there handling of potential spam mail is excellent. When you do the campaign using this software, likely, you would not have problems with your emails being characterized as spam.

Cons: To be affordable, you need to have a large number of subscribers and mail campaigns. It is not for small users or companies that have sporadic email campaigns.

• Reviewed on 29/03/2020
Fabian D.
digital marketer
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2019

"The Aweber Review"

Comments: Great autoresponder for digital marketing/ affiliate marketing professionals. Your potential to grow and maintain active lists is entirely up to your competencies.

Pros: Aweber provides great email templates with superb integration with other top tier programs. It even offers email marketing training and split testing functionality.

Cons: The only con I can think of is that the price increases dramatically as your list size increases. However it still remains very competitive with other autorepsonders.

• Reviewed on 14/10/2019
Adrian K.
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 26/08/2020

"Easy to use and great support"

Comments: I use AWeber for list managament especially for new projects where I want to test a market before allocating resources to build a website. It works really well for that. Split testing is easy and their support is very good. The landing pages could be more controllable but actually that probably isn't the most important thing in a campaign (Although you could say why bother to split test then, well that would be a good point). I would like to be able to put video in there because that does make a difference to engagement. I guess they'll add it at some point. It's not full of features like ClickFunnels but then it's much more reasonably priced as a result!

Pros: I can set up a list campaign quickly and easily without even needing a website

Cons: I can't put video in the AWeber landing page

by AWeber on 31/08/2020

Hi Adrian. Thanks so much for your review! I noticed your comment about not being able to put video on your landing page. We do allow that by simply adding the link to the video on YouTube or Vimeo. If you need assistance with it, please contact our Customer Solutions team.

• Reviewed on 26/08/2020
Amanda V.
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 21/07/2020

"I Used to Love Aweber, It is great for a beginner"

Comments: I was very happy with it in the beginning, it just didn't meet my needs as my business grew.

Pros: I liked that it was a low annual fee for my needs. I liked that they were pretty good at following trends, like customizing user experience for my email members.

Cons: Honestly, I really did enjoy using this service, my business needs just grew and it didn't grow along with it fast enough for me. It was pretty hard to get everything I needed to communicate across my multiple platforms, so I eventually moved to an all-in-one platform to make my business life much easier. But they were great for a beginnner.

by AWeber on 22/07/2020

Thanks for your feedback, Amanda. We really appreciate it. Just for your awareness, a lot has changed with our platform since you left. We've been releasing tons of new features. If you're ever interested in taking another look at AWeber, we'd love to have you back. If you have any questions, please let us know.

• Reviewed on 21/07/2020
Esther T.
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 19/08/2020

"Aweber is great for email marketing"

Comments: I am excited to have my landing page created directly from Aweber

Pros: This software makes my email marketing easy.

Cons: I am not really sure what I don’t like with this software

• Reviewed on 19/08/2020
Carma S.
Author
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 22/07/2019

"Long Time User -- Haven't Switched Yet"

Comments: I've been a member of Aweber for a very long time. They have been good to me and are quite affordable for all the features I receive.

Pros: Aweber is relatively easy to use and has most of the functions I need.

Cons: There are still some features that aren't available that make my life less easy than I'd like. However, I haven't found anything better so far.

• Reviewed on 22/07/2019
Jared S.
Online Personal Trainer
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 03/08/2019

"Best email automation software on the market"

Comments: Overall a great software to use as a small business owner.

Pros: Great functional email automation software. Easy to set up campaigns and automate. Also a great service rate per month.

Cons: Sometimes linking other software to this program was complicated such as Clickfunnels. Thankfully an AWeber team member made integration smoother.

• Reviewed on 03/08/2019
Michelle D.
Owner, Massage Therapist
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2020

"Not Great for Small Business"

Comments: This was the first email marketing software that I used when I first opened my massage practice, based on the recommendation of someone who owned a much larger business. Turns out size matters when choosing an email marketing system. While it was great for my friend with a larger business, it was too simultaneously too much and not enough for my microbusiness

Pros: It offered a functional email marketing service that complied with the Can-Spam act

Cons: It was not intuitive to use and because I'm such a small business, I had the smallest/cheapest plan which gave me less functionality. I couldn't store images or create templates with my plan, which meant I had to recreate the wheel every time I sent an email.

by AWeber Communications on 06/04/2020

Hi Michelle. Thanks so much for your feedback. I see that it's been several years since you were a customer. I wanted to let you know that a lot has changed since then and the limitations you mentioned no longer exist (e.g., ability to store your own images, create templates, etc.). In fact, every customer has access to all features and functionality, regardless of their rate. We do not have pricing tiers that limit functionality. We hope you'll consider giving AWeber another try. We offer a 30-day free trial and would be happy to do a brief demo for you, if you'd like. - BO

• Reviewed on 31/03/2020
Tom P.
Co-Founder
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2020

"A good email autorepsonder for beginners"

Comments: Great tool for starting out building an email list

Pros: Simple and easy to use email autoresponder

Cons: Lacks the features from some of its competitors, esepcially if you want more advanced marketing automation

by AWeber on 31/08/2020

Hi Tom. Thanks for your review! We would love to learn more about the features you're looking for so we can share that information with our product team for future consideration. Please contact our Customer Solutions team.

• Reviewed on 24/07/2020
Evelyn grace C.
Freelance Independent Contractor/ Home based
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2019

"Aweber Email Marketing - A good to use software for digital marketing."

Comments: It was a good experience in total. You just have to familiarize yourself with all its features and functionalities to use it well to your advantage in email marketing.

Pros: I like the functionality that you can send email campaign to a group of recipients in just a simple click. I also like that there is a template that you can use for the email and that you can add images, logos, and customized email signature.

Cons: It takes time to get familiarized with using the software. It took several trial and error before I was able to get it right the way I wanted my email campaign to look like. You need to go through with the tutorials to make yourself acquainted with all the features and functionalities of the software.

• Reviewed on 12/12/2019
Richard C.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/11/2019

"Makes life easier"

Comments: First class, the support is great and on hand 24hrs a day. Its easy to see the best performing emails.

Pros: the sign up forms are fast and easy to design and put on any website. it links in with facebook and twitter and social media. plus PayPal or stripe, so when a customer make a purchase they get added to the right mailing list and receive the automated email

Cons: im unable to automate moving subscribers from one list to another when they finish a automation series

by AWeber Communications on 25/11/2019

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your review! I noticed that you mentioned wanting to automatically move subscribers from one list to another when they complete an automation series. This is possible within AWeber, except you wouldn't need to move them from one list to another. Instead, you would keep them on the same list, and start them on a new automated series. Our support team can help you with this. Please contact us at https://www.aweber.com/contact-us.htm.

• Reviewed on 22/11/2019
Jonas L.
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 07/08/2018

"The easiest autoresponder for beginners"

Comments: Fantastic. I don't think i'll ever change autoresponder. I've tried GetResponse and others and they are also awesome, but I like the simplicity of Aweber so I don't really see why I would ever change.

Pros: I've used Aweber since 2014, and i've NEVER had an issue with them. Sure, they have downtime just like every other autoresponder a couple times per year, but it's always fixed really quickly. The deliverability is awesome, it's extremely easy to use and their customer is support is insanely responsive. I have had to do a few minor changes to my account every now and then, I kid you not, they have taken care of my issues usually within 2-3 minutes of me opening up the chat (which is now open 24/7)

Cons: I've heard that if you open a new account with Aweber now, you need to use their service for around a month using double optin, which could be annoying. When I set my account up several years ago, I didn't have to do that. So if you're planning on running paid ads etc right away, that might be an issue for you. If not, Aweber is awesome and i'm sure you'll love it.

by AWeber Communications on 06/02/2019

Hi Jonas,

Thanks so much for your feedback! We really appreciate it. I wanted to quickly clarify that, generally speaking, we don't require new customers to use double opt-in after signing up for an account. Please let us know if you have any questions or need any help with your account.

• Reviewed on 07/08/2018
Carol M.
teacher/author
Primary/Secondary Education, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2019

"Aweber helps even non-techies succeed!"

Comments: Whenever I've had a question and called Aweber they have been absolutely WONDERFUL with explaining things, walking me through my challenges, and helping answer my questions. Sometimes they've even fixed things for me. Their customer service is stellar and their product is DEPENDABLE. They must have an amazing team because the product and the customer service have never let me down over the 9 years that I've been with them.

Pros: I wasn't very technical, but Aweber still made it easy to succeed at newsletters and broadcasts. My first newsletter went out to less than 20 people, but Aweber helped me look like a pro. I LOVED the email collection options. I found the perfect sign-up forms and they are both still adding names to my email list. One form is in the right-hand column of my website (on every page). The other form is a hover light box that shows up on select pages exactly when I choose. It's amazing! The editor works great and the fact that I can copy a previous broadcast email and reinvent it simplifies my life.

Cons: I'm not a techie, so I haven't explored this software a lot. I guess the part that I like the least is the fact that there are so MANY options! Split-tests, analytics, parsing...make my head spin, so I tend to ignore those options.

• Reviewed on 25/09/2019
Suzanne S.
Education Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 13/05/2020

"AWeber can help you improve your email marketing"

Comments: Overall, it's been satisfactory. It's possible I could have benefited more by using their tutorials and calling support. It has collected subscribers easily for me and it's been effortless in maintaining them over the years. I haven't used any other programs and have considered switching recently, but I'm not sure if I would be able to transfer my subscriber information easily.

Pros: I started using AWeber to college subscribers to my college prep mailing list. They offered an affordable way to college email subscribers and sell my college product. Once subscribers are collected you can create email marketing campaigns using newsletters. It also allows you to manage your subscribers and determine which emails are effective.

Cons: From the beginning, it was a bit difficult to navigate the program. I have had problems with their templates and understanding how to use them. I also was not happy with the increase in cost from $19 to $29 when my subscribers reached a certain threshold. I have also had trouble with understanding how to schedule emails and use the data to my benefit.

• Reviewed on 13/05/2020
Haresh G.
Email Mrketer
  • Reviewed on 23/11/2019

"Awesome experience so far to use Aweber email marketing system for my all clients"

Comments: My overall experince is fantastic so far because I have almost used their all features. Moreover, I also help many people to integrate Aweber without any charges because I love to do that to help people.

Pros: Specially Aweber has great amount of templates to use for different type of emails to send out for email marketing. Moreover, they have best integration way to integrate their system with landing page. Even they provide an API option so we can easily integrate our custom workflow with website or mobile applications. I found, they have excellent email tracking history and reports. By this tracking details, we can easily find how it delivered to our customers, they the email got opened and clicked on any link which we had in email body part. Overall, my experience is fantastic to use Aweber to use it for all my clients so far. I also help people to integrate Aweber with their landing page without any charging because it doeant take much time for me so if any help needed, I would surely help you. Thanks

Cons: I found only one and that is you need to have bit knowledge of how email marketing works. But, thats a part of any email marketing though!

• Reviewed on 23/11/2019
Jorden B.
  • Reviewed on 30/06/2018

"My email server of choice!"

Pros: I've been using Aweber since the very beginning of my online business about 7-8 years ago. It integrates well with other services to make an automated flow of things. I love the segmentation I can do. Just the overall ease of using it. Oh, and their customer service is INCREDIBLE. Probably one of my favorite features. There is someone live to chat with within seconds to help you. Incredible support, no waiting.

Cons: Of course, like any new tool, is the learning curve at the beginning. But once you understand the different things you can do with your email lists...it's easy. And depending how complex or simple you do things to send emails, it can be super simple to get started.

by AWeber Communications on 06/02/2019

Thanks so much for your feedback, Jorden! We really appreciate it. We're always looking for ways to shorten the learning curve and make using our platform as easy as possible. If you have any questions or need any help with your account, please let us know!

• Reviewed on 30/06/2018
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/11/2019

"Excellent email marketing for small businesses"

Comments: I've been very happy with Aweber. It's reliable, pretty easy to use, and can do everything that I need it to do. It's rare that I need customer service, but their service has been very good when needed.

Pros: Aweber is very powerful with lots of features and options, but still easy to use. You won't have to spend hours trying to figure out how it works. There is very little learning curve.

Cons: The email automation features are a little more limited as compared to some other companies, however, Aweber is priced well and does everything that most small businesses will need.

• Reviewed on 29/11/2019
Kehinde A.
Lead Generation Manager
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 22/12/2017

"My experience with Aweber"

Comments: For easy to use Email Marketing Platform, Aweber is just the best that I have used.

Pros: The singular thing I so much love about Aweber is their User Interface UI. It is so simple and straightforward. Everything you needed are at the right place. Their inbox rate in superb, from experience I normally have up to100% inbox rate. My list is less than 2000 subscribers but then I believe their system sends out emails as though it's sending directly to one person at a time. Their landing pages are simple and easy to customize. They have Javascript, plugins for different CMS and blogging platform and Html though I use the html mostly.

Cons: Actually, Many times I had wanted to create a more sophisticated web forms but their platform is not compatible for it. What I am trying to say is that I have had needs for forms that help people to take a short survey thereby building my list with it or a two-step form but the feature is included.
Aside that, every other things are just perfect.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 22/12/2017
Curt S.
Pastor
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/09/2019

"Good Value Overall"

Comments: Overall we are happy with Aweber, despite it not being a perfect solution. They treat us well but can be a bit slow to respond to some types of support requests. New features are added pretty regularly, although some of the things we have requested don't get done.

Pros: Reasonably easy to use overall. Creating emails and campaigns is fairly straightforward. Deliverability is decent.

Cons: Deliverability is decent, but we do run into problems occasionally. Support is decent, but not excellent. Sometimes I have been told that there is no known problem when emails we send are clearly being rejected by a particular network.

• Reviewed on 01/09/2019
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/03/2019

"Great Pricing, Amazing Support"

Comments: Solid, solid, solid.

Pros: Amazing support, I did a side by side comparison customer support test for 5 other vendors and they responded the most thoroughly and the fastest. The API is thorough and haven't had any issues. Interface just works. It has all the stuff you need. The unlimited email sends for pricing is great, most vendors charge you for emails after a certain point.

Cons: The templates were a bit confusing, wish it had an advanced mode for interface with more bells and whistles so you don't have to use API to make anything advanced.

• Reviewed on 05/03/2019
Jack H.
Director / Trainer
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2018

"Powerful Email Marketing Management"

Comments: Having used Aweber for a few different reasons (online training program delivery, marketing funnel, client newsletter and updates) it has definitely been my go to software for email marketing. It is competitively priced and the functionality you get for the cost is great.
I would suggest spending a period of time familiarizing yourself with (or watching Youtube demos) and testing the software though before adding in real clients.

Pros: Many different templates make it easy to create emails.
Easy to use styling keeps emails looking professional and in keeping with brand.
Competitively priced.
Autoresponders - setting up an email series has been fantastic for setting up new clients to our programs without bombarding them with information all at once.

Cons: It takes a little while to work your way around the navigation.
The ability to split test emails to see which get a better response would be useful.

by AWeber Communications on 31/12/2018

Hi Jack,

Thanks for sharing your feedback! I noticed your comment about being able to split test emails. We have this feature, and we'd be happy to help you get started with it. Give our customer solutions team a call and we can help you out.

• Reviewed on 18/12/2018
Matthew L.
QA Developer, Web Development
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 20/12/2016

"Why AWeber?"

Comments: When you go with AWeber, you get the complete email managerial package. Simply, opt-in forms are available to embed in your website, which AWeber used to collect subscriber details. You can send out fully customizable emails manually or on an automated schedule. AWeber further allows you to segment your subscriber list down by subscriber behavior and even target content, allowing you to choose who gets what, and when. Tailoring your content to fit your subscribers is basically a gauranteed way to increase your views and subscriber base and conversion rates.

Pros: AWeber provides a simple interface which is easy to manage, and they also provide a large array of tutorials to help make the learning process a bit easier. The templates they provide are also of grat value as well. Tracking subscriber behavior and data is a huge bonus to help improve your conversions. A free 30-day trial is always a huge bonus as well.

Cons: A little more expensive than the alternatives. Template quality leaves a little to be desired as well, and the inability to send video via email seems like an outdated issue that should have been solved a long time ago.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 20/12/2016
Caroline I.
SAP B1 Consultant
  • Reviewed on 04/09/2018

"Email Marketing taken to a whole new level"

Comments: Aweber is a high end email marketing option. If you are serious about Email marketing, Aweber is a good place to start. I feel more professional and in control using Aweber for my blog subscriptions.

Pros: What I like most about Aweber the analytics that the application offers. Compared to other email marketing software in the market, Aweber offers the most specific options in terms of targeting people around the emails they get. For example, Aweber if you send out an email with a particular offer and someone opens it but doesn't click the offer, you are able to know this and decide on the next action to take to convince them to check out your offer. Another thing I like about Aweber is the fact the Customer support. They respond quickly and are very friendly and helpful - they know their staff.

Cons: Compared to Mailchimp, Aweber doesn't have very beautiful designs for your email. This is one thing I like least about the software. Another disadvantage is that the user has to have a good understanding of the application in order to reap the most from it. The good thing is there is a lot of documentation and Youtube videos online explaining how to make the most of the software

• Reviewed on 04/09/2018
O. kelvin K.
Copywriter
Internet, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/09/2018

"Great Tool For Email Marketing, But Pricey For Startups"

Comments: Overall, Aweber delivers on it's promises, customer service is top-notch as well. I currently signed up for their affiliate marketing, I would recommend it to my audience. 8/10, that's my personal rating.

Pros: I like the high level of deliver-ability from Awebers' server(s), emails deliver to inbox almost all the time, so long you check for spam trigger words. I have been using Aweber for over 6 months now, and I think it's a great value for money.
It has all the essential features anyone would need to grow their business online.

Cons: I still think it's a bit pricey if you ask me, email marketing could be cheaper and better. I know how hard I had to work to get to where I am. Email marketing is very essential to the growth of an online business, but the cost sometimes scares away struggling startups.

• Reviewed on 05/09/2018
Eric H.
president
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2018

"not the best"

Pros: Easy to build campaigns and schedule deliveries

Cons: doesn't have extensive stats, hard to move and delete contacts in bulk. Delivery was up and down

by AWeber Communications on 13/12/2018

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your feedback and review. I'm sorry to hear you had some trouble with delivery. We'd be happy to look into this for you. I'm also curious to hear what stats you're looking for that we don't currently offer. Please contact us at https://www.aweber.com/contact-us.htm.

All the best,