Parallels Mac Management Reviews

• Overall
    4.2/5
    3.6/5

About Parallels Mac Management

Mac Management for Microsoft SCCM - Manage Mac with Microsoft SCCM the same way as Windows PCs. Full lifecycle management of macOS.

Learn more about Parallels Mac Management

Kelly H.
Attorney
Legal Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2020

"Parallels Lets Me Liaison With The Windows World From My Mac"

Comments: I've been extremely satisfied with Parallels and have recommended it to several colleagues in my same situation.

Pros: I like that Parallels allows me to use Windows based software (in particular WordPerfect) that is not available for Mac.

Cons: I've used Parallels for almost 14 years. Over the years, it has become easier to install and update than in the earliest years of my usage. It still is not entirely intuitive - there are times when I find it a little cumbersome to get my most-used program up and running.

• Reviewed on 12/03/2020
Mike W.
Manager of Learning Technology Solutions
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/09/2017

"Quick, easy, access to windows applications in an equally simple Installation"

Comments: Ability to continue using windows tools that I have used regularlyin windows environments while working with a more reliable Mac Computer.

Pros: I have been an avid user of iParallels 11 and just upgraded to version 13. For the past couple years I have had no issues with running the windows operating system, products and applications side by side with OS sierra. The product makes working in both environments nearly seamless. For those who love added extras, version 13 comes with several tools for the MAC that are useful for various screen capture, video capture, audio capture purposes. Tons of neat tools and a great option for running a windows environment on a mac. A double-win.

Cons: It is difficult to find something to not like about this software. It's takes a minimal amount of space and works great. Sometimes, while using version 11, and Mac OS Sierra, I would lose cohesiveness and be kicked into window mode.

• Reviewed on 13/09/2017
Mordechai R.
Creator & Publisher
  • Reviewed on 07/12/2017

"I find it laggy and clunky and hard to keep running smoohtly"

Pros: It's great that I can run windows on my mac. It allows me access to more software.

Cons: I'm amazed at how poorly the implementation is. The bloatware and the attempts to get me to buy all kinds of external packages. Further, I find their installation policy outrageous. That I need to pay to have them keep a copy of my license for repeated downloads to the same machine. I've basically given up. It's cheaper to buy a PC and run it as a server.

• Reviewed on 07/12/2017
Product Application Specialist
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2019

"Great tool for running Windows on your mac"

Comments: Crucial applications that are only available for Windows can be used easily with Parallels. The Tools that come with it make it easy to customize from an IT perspective as well - e.g. deciding what features and functionality should be available in Windows vs those only available on the Mac OS side.

Pros: Makes using Windows on the mac really really easy. The integration allows file access between mac/windows really easily as well.
Windows feels and works just like normal.

Cons: It's annoying that the software update that happens every year comes with additional cost. I've gotten used to the free OS upgrades from Apple, but then to have to pay to upgrade Parallels every year for the new version that best supports the new OS...this cost just feels so...Windowsy :)

• Reviewed on 05/12/2019
Karen M.
Research student
  • Reviewed on 03/07/2018

"Parallels and all its applications are the best for virtual machine use and management for OS"

Comments: I install a lot of engineer applications that are only in Windows.

Pros: I have been using Parallels since 2011 and I would say that is the best tool for have virtual machines in your MAC. Last year I paid 40 dollars for the full version of Parallels 12 and I have nothing to regret. It is very easy to use, and is like you have a Windows and not a virtual machine. This software also comes with other tools that improve its functionality, I would recommend Parallels to anyone.

Cons: The software is memory consuming. I bought a SSD and also upgrade the RAM to 16 GB and I work in my MAC from late 2011 perfectly.

• Reviewed on 03/07/2018
Joel H.
CTO
  • Reviewed on 10/08/2017

"Parallels for the Mac is a mandatory application for productivity"

Comments: Ability to create multiple virtual machines on a single piece of hardware. There is also the very useful feature of running Coherence mode with two operating systems running concurrently.

Pros: You can boot windows or Mac. Or, you can run a virtual machine in Coherence mode. This creates a lot of utility for the user.

Cons: It can be difficult to migrate a boot disk on Mac. However, this isn't really a problem with Parallels so much as a wish for easier functionality around creating a bootcamp disk.

• Reviewed on 10/08/2017
Head Assistant - International Student and Scholar Services
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/11/2019

"Easy installation - Not user friendly"

Comments: Generally good experience, once the users are qualified and trained.

Pros: We have used parallels in some of our Macs for years, the installation process is very easy and we have had interns taking care of it.

Cons: Parallels itself has not always been user friendly. Some of our more tenured Mac users have struggled using it and we have had to train them on it, which has represented a cost for the company.

• Reviewed on 10/11/2019
Robin M.
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2019

"Great way to run Windows on Mac"

Comments: I have been very happy with Parallels. It has made my Mac act like two computers in one. Being able to run both native Mac programs and Windows programs without two separate machines is great.

Pros: Parallels is a great way to integrate both Windows and Mac together. Often I need to run a Windows program that is not available on Mac computers. Parallels makes this easy. I am able to run Mac OSX and open a separate space on my computer to run Windows at the same time.

Cons: Sometimes running parallels can slow down Mac programs. I tend to only run Parallels when I absolutely need it.

• Reviewed on 30/09/2019
Shane M.
Web Designer
  • Reviewed on 30/12/2019

"Necessary for our workflow"

Comments: Before we got Parallels, we were using a separate Windows computer for one specific program. As our team grew and we needed space in our office, we transitioned to getting an external SSD and making a copy of that computer on it. Now with Parallels, we don't need a separate computer or workstation just to use that one program.

Pros: Being able to use niche software that is only available for Windows on our Mac computers.

Cons: Running Parallels (or any Virtual Machine for that matter) can use a lot of processing power. There's not much that can be done about that, though, unless you boot up the other operating system from Boot Camp.

• Reviewed on 30/12/2019
Bradley L.
Home Inspector
Real Estate, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2019

"Decent but not the same"

Comments: It’s a decent product but not the best solution for windows.

Pros: Parallels is a great tool if you don’t want to switch from a Mac to a Windows PC but still need PC functionality.

Cons: That said, it’s not a PC. I eventually ended up just buying a windows laptop because Parallels just couldn’t cut it.

• Reviewed on 31/10/2019
Jose B.
IT MANAGER
Oil & Energy, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/11/2017

"We use this software to manage the virtual machines that we have in our XSERVE"

Comments: We have virtual machines running, with a very good stability with a minimum investment in licenses and services. It adapts well to platform changes.

Pros: I like that it is very simple to use. It is a software that makes good use of the resources of the hardware it has. The stability is amazing, we have placed several virtual machines to work and the software behaves well, distributes the resources in a good way. The administration works very well from VPN.

Cons: The support is limited. The server version has not advanced further. Sometimes when I take control of the virtual machine via console, this fails, the screen goes black. The configuration details can be confusing.

• Reviewed on 23/11/2017
Yezid M.
Network and IT Administrator
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2018

"Parallels MAC Management is my easy VM admin interface, very stable"

Pros: Centralized Admin GUI to manage the entire platform, to get information about hardware, software implemented, their licenses. A good tool to control and monitor PCs, MAC and Virtual Machines because of its features. Our network has MAC and Windows computers, and this software is usefull to manage and monitor

Cons: Sometimes, my software get crash suddenly, and the only way to get it up and running again is to restart it. This crashes occurs when I try to mange a new computer, I guess is a performance bug. By now its my centralized MAC admin gui with no mayor fails.

• Reviewed on 15/03/2018
Cheri G.
Office manager
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/02/2019

"HElpful especially for mobile offices"

Pros: This software has allowed our employees to log into their work computers from different locations. Allows people to work from home, or abroad. Also does not eat up space on each computer- allows for the space to be shared by all users.

Cons: Because it is connected through the internet- if internet is slow, then the processor runs slowly as well. Must make-sure there is good internet connection.

• Reviewed on 05/02/2019
Dean of the R365 Academy
  • Reviewed on 03/02/2019

"I'd choose Parallels over VMWare Fusion every day of the week!"

Pros: I used VMWare Fusion for several years before finally giving in and trying Parallels at the recommendation of some colleagues. I wish I had started with Parallels from day one. The user experience and feature set is far superior to Fusion, and it just looks nice. If you have a need to run Windows on your Mac, do it with Parallels.

Cons: Cost. As always, great software comes at a price. I wish that this software was a little cheaper to offset the Windows licenses you have to purchase in conjunction with this software.

• Reviewed on 03/02/2019
Carlos eduardo D.
Co-Founder
  • Reviewed on 14/11/2017

"A very important tool in my work"

Pros: Can't stress enough how Parallels helps my company get our job done, since it helps us test our websites and applications on Windows in a easy way.

Cons: Maybe it could be simpler to use and less intrusive from the get go, since it creates desktop shortcuts and assumes that I want to have each windows app as a new window on Mac.

• Reviewed on 14/11/2017
Chief Operating Officer, and HIPAA Privacy Officer
  • Reviewed on 02/07/2018

"This software works very well in some scenarios, but skip it if you are on a Windows Domain network."

Pros: Once it's set up, it's really easy to switch back and forth between PC and Mac. You also have your shared data folders between the two, making it easy to transfer files between Mac and PC. This software does work well in situations where you don't need a lot of third party Windows Drivers, or you are on a Workgroup network

Cons: If you are on a domain, then you will lose the "trust relationship" fairly regularly and be unable to log into Windows without resetting up the VM on the domain network. Also, if you are using this in a computer that uses USB peripherals (for example, digital xray sensors, or others) the drivers may not translate correctly.

• Reviewed on 02/07/2018
Senior Investigator
Banking, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2019

"Best software to get windows on your mac"

Pros: Has been so far the best software to run windows on my mac. It's really reliable and always up to date with the latest macOS updates and features. Right now I really loved the pencil support and the coherence feature makes my macbook looks like it has installed Windows 10 and macOS at the same time. It's really amazing.

Cons: Coherence feature is great, but also has some performance issues and some lagging every now and then which made me switch back to the normal view style.

• Reviewed on 20/09/2019
Communications Analyst in the Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO)
Higher Education
  • Reviewed on 09/12/2017

"Works pretty well but takes some getting used to"

Pros: The most amazing thing I've been able to do is open Box Edit with Parallels- a plugin that allows you to open things from the file storage Box.com directly in the program and save back to the cloud (no local copy). Parallels checks if Mac has the program (for instance Microsoft Project which is only offered for Windows versus Word which is available on my Mac) and instantly starts up Windows in Coherence mode with the necessary application, then I'm able to click the save button there and have it save back to Box which is open on my Mac side.

Cons: Sometimes coherence mode is buggy and Parallels needs to be restarted. Save often! Also it can be tricky to wrap your head around which 'drive' or desktop you saved something to and you sometimes have to install things to both sides to get coherence mode to work.

• Reviewed on 09/12/2017
Co-Founder
  • Reviewed on 29/04/2019

"Excellent way to manage Mac devices"

Pros: Parallels Mac Management was easy to set up, and the user experience is excellent. It's so much easier to use that manually setting up, configuring, and maintaining management systems.

Cons: My only complaint is that it's a bit expensive.

• Reviewed on 29/04/2019
Diego Y.
Systems Analyst Associate
Information Technology & Services, 10,001+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/08/2017

"Parallels is great, easy to use software."

Comments: Having both Windows and Mac on one computer.

Pros: What I like most about it is that every thing is laid out and easy to find. Setup is a breeze and it is very easy to setup Windows from just about anywhere.

Cons: If you have a business account, it can be one thing that you might not like about using Parallels. It can be a little tricky to setup when someone else purchases it.

• Reviewed on 31/08/2017
Jordan S.
Fraud Specialist
Airlines/Aviation
  • Reviewed on 18/10/2017

"Great experience and its easy to understand"

Pros: I like the pure easy of use of this piece of software and how convenient it is to switch from windows back to mac os.

Cons: I would say what I like least about the software program is the inability to run on more operating systems at the same time instead of just one.

• Reviewed on 18/10/2017
Patricia W.
Attorney
Legal Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/11/2019

"For the Mac Devotee who just needs an occasional PC platform "

Comments: Easy to install, has not interfered with my daily use of applications on my Mac. Easy to "switch" to the PC side. Affordable.

Pros: Easy to install and works without glitches. No need to call a sales rep, simple to download and self-installed. I use it for two programs that I need for business that are not Mac compatible.

Cons: While I'm "up and running", I think I need some training (Word documents want to open on the PC side rather than Mac side) - likely a simple fix for this, but I haven't found it in any of the on-line help material. Likely I am under-utilizing some of the features.

• Reviewed on 05/11/2019
Taylor Q.
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2017

"Perfect software for my businesses needs! "

Comments: It met all of my expectations flawlessly.

Pros: I love how easy it is to connect all of my macs and keep everything running smoothly. Definitely a good buy!

• Reviewed on 13/12/2017
COO
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2019

"An easy way to run Windows on Mac"

Comments: After the trial I found some cool tools but there are similar tools less expensive.

Pros: It's a very easy way to get Windows VM (and no VMs) running on Mac. Easy download-setup. File storage browsing its brilliant

Cons: Have some issues with domain networks and shares. Maybe it takes some time to get use to it.

• Reviewed on 23/10/2019
Curt Q.
Technology Genius
Computer & Network Security, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/04/2019

"Quickest way to run Windows on a Mac"

Pros: It's popular, installation is super fast, suspension of the machine in the background is great. The seamless integration feature is pretty neat.

Cons: Ads, some tricky networks settings that aren't currently available.

• Reviewed on 26/04/2019