15 years helping Israeli businesses

About The Mortgage Office

The most popular, highest quality, most respected software used by the most reputable, experienced private lenders in the world.

Learn more about The Mortgage Office

Pros:

Reports and customization options gives you a quick way to find what you need to find rapidly and present those findings in a coherent manner. It does what it is supposed to do flawlessly.

Cons:

The learning process was very complex and difficult to understand in the beginning.

The Mortgage Office ratings

4.8

9.4/10

The Mortgage Office has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 262 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used The Mortgage Office before?

Anisa
Anisa
Dealing Representative and Chief Compliance Officer in Canada
Financial Services Software

Long time user, first time reviewer. Stable, reliable tool. Strong support. Clean audits.

Comments: For what's out there, this tool works well. As far as I can see there is no holistic product that manages the lending side of a MIC, the capital side of a MIC, robust and standard accounting tasks (financial statement generation) and exempt market issuance. But this one works really well at getting me data that can be imported into the accounting system with minimal fuss and high accuracy. The more we use it and learn about it, the more time this tool creates for our MIC team.

Pros:

Really like the ability to save customize fields and save query views as spreadsheets. Really like the ability to save reports and letters as spreadsheets (or .pdfs through the platform vs. via print to .pdf menus). Good audit trails for reports, changes, statements, etc. We're now learning how to better manage dates to result in reports that balance to our accounting program -- pretty good. Would have loved to have known that sooner. Support team are on site with the company and are well informed as to how the platform works -- pretty decent turnaround time for a company on the other side of the continent. I have a healthy respect for the support team's skills and knowledge.

Cons:

Would love to have a hosted customer wiki or bulletin board where users could share tips and tricks. Would love to receive an email weekly with tips and tricks, did-you-know, or other implementation hints. Would love more information about stuff like how custom fields are added to the merge field list in custom letters -- using for years and just learned this. Tell us more about the nuances for customization and let us talk to each other and I think you'll have users for life.

Veniece
Office Manager in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Very happy with our new loan servicing software!!

Comments: HomesFund is very happy with the overall use, speed, and functionality of the software - and - it's in the cloud!

Pros:

Setting up was fairly easy. The customer support team has my back on a daily basis on varied topics as I continue to build out the Loan Servicing system. They get back to me quickly and with great guidance and expertise.

Cons:

Some of my uploads were not accepted; however, I'm sure there was a share of user error as part of the reason 😊

Ashlee
Accounting Specialist in US
Investment Management Software, 11–50 Employees

One Stop Shop

5.0 last month New

Pros:

TMO is easy to use and easy to understand. It is a very complex system that allows us to do many things like take payments, manage our bank loans, cut checks and plenty of more tasks that are useful in our workplace. If we run into an issue, we simply email the support team who is always quick to respond and solve our problems. The TMO support team is amazing, they are very professional and are problem solvers!

Cons:

Like any new system, it took time to understand TMO and be able to use it to its full capability, but once I got the hang of it, I could not be happier with this software. When I have spare time, I like to look around in the different tabs of TMO to find different reports or functions that could be helpful to the company; there are so many ways to utilize TMO, the possibilities are endless.

Joshua
US

Great Product / Weak Service

Comments: The sales pitch was outstanding. If you want to get someone on the phone from the sales team, boom - they're on. The software itself has been a godsend. We were doing all of our statements on Word and Excel, and we would spend ours getting everything right. As we've grown in size (we have over $150 million in loans outstanding now), we almost had no choice to buy software to help manage the behemoth we've become. We sampled some other cheaper software, but The Mortgage Office is clearly the best one out there. That doesn't mean it's perfect - I am not a big fan of the statements the software generates. For example, on an investor statement, the "interest paid in 2016" box at the top right of the statement shows the gross interest paid. I essentially want it to show the net interest paid (interest less servicing fees). There is an option to do that, but then the statement hides the servicing fees we charge our investors. I like to be transparent and show our investor what they are getting net, but also show them the servicing fees. To get this done The Mortgage Office wanted to charge huge sums of money to customize. I am also not a big fan of the investor statements in general, there are a lot of aesthetic issues that need to be fixed, but they refuse to do it unless I pay them. Regardless of the minor issues described above, the software is good and worth the money. My biggest gripe is with customer support. When you get the support team on the phone, they are incredibly polite and knowledgeable, and always solve my problems. I would give the 5 stars if I could. The reason I am giving them 2 stars is not because of them, they are great. They are just incredibly understaffed, and I've never gotten one of them on the phone. I have to leave a message, and they rarely get back to you same day. It usually takes 24-48 hours, which is just absurd in our business. I even told one of the owners that I am willing to pay a much higher monthly fee (it's about $175 per month for service) if they could staff properly and have people pick up the phone when you call. I would seriously pay about $500/month to make this possible. I am running a $150 million business, and I need to know that I can reach someone within minutes when I have a time sensitive question. This is the reason I would most likely not recommend this product. If they can resolve this issue I would give the company all 5 stars.

Pros:

Great tool to track loans, monitor loans, produce useful reports, produce borrower statements that are accurate, produces decent lender statements, the customer service reps are very helpful and knowledgeable, the software is relatively easy to use once you really study it.

Cons:

IMPOSSIBLE TO GET CUSTOMER SUPPORT ON THE PHONE - PLEASE RAISE MONTHLY SERVICING FEE IN ORDER TO HIRE MORE STAFF. I WILL GLADLY PAY MORE IF I KNOW I CAN GET SOMEONE ON THE PHONE RIGHT AWAY TO ANSWER A TIME SENSITIVE QUESTION, AS OPPOSED TO WAITING 24-48 HOURS FOR A RESPONSE.

Johanna
Loan Services Manager in US
Investment Management Software, 2–10 Employees

Great Software

Comments: It has been good! Technical support has been wonderful.

Pros:

It's easy to navigate and they are always open for implementations.

Cons:

Does not have reports that can be customized.

Raquel
System Analyst Manager in US
Investment Management Software, 2–10 Employees

The Best Company to work with!

Comments: The program and its sales, implementation and training groups are top notch. Everyone is friendly, professional and respond to your needs in a timely manner.

Pros:

Super easy to use and does all the thinking for you.

Cons:

They are very busy (which is a good thing) but you don't always get a live person when you have a question. However, they always get back to you and are able to take care of your needs.

Jill
Contract Servicing Specialist in US
Consumer Services, 11–50 Employees

TMO Review

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Good, have had great support from ABS Customer Support when needed. Most often hear back within the same day to help trouble shoot. Screen shots are often sent for easier review and answering our processing questions.

Pros:

Ease of payoff and payment processing.

Cons:

Impound Analysis has been the most challenging, as tax payments were due same time as our files have been moved over into TMO. New and updated instructions have been received along with online training.

Isamar
Loan Servicer in US
Banking, 2–10 Employees

Overall great and helpful

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Glenn and Xavier are knowledgeable and understand how our company works. Any issue that we have encountered has been resolved. It is awesome to know there is always a solution.

Cons:

A great way to improve though, is to provide more training to employees or having a second set of eyes approve their guidance before creating a bigger problem on the system. When we encountered this problem it was still resolved.

Annpriya T
Controller in US
Banking, 2–10 Employees

Awesome software very useful

5.0 last month New

Comments: Good software. Will highly recommend this software for any data management needs. Thank you!

Pros:

Very user friendly and good to use. Can keep track of all needed information in one place.

Cons:

Needs a little adjustments. Overall a good tool.

Brenda
Director, Lending Operations in Canada

Exceptional!!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: We have been a client of Applied Business Software for over 18 years and even though there are alternate products available, we have found that the TMO speaks to the versatile and flexibility it provides our company and technician support services .... simply does not compare!!! Therefore .... exceptional!!! I would recommend this program serviced by ABS to anyone.

Pros:

Simple and easy management of our loans.

Cons:

Not being able to process yearly Canadian T5 forms.

Nordany
Owner in US

Flexible Software

Comments: I have experienced worst after testing four other loan software. This is the best so far.

Pros:

It a spreadsheet format for customers' main screen which is downloadable to Excel. Allows for flexibility of how data is displayed through "Smart Views." Though one would need help from Support to figure out the correct string to use. It allows for credit reporting, which a lot of our customers want.

Cons:

The base Loan Origination module does not allow for payments to be divided monthly evenly if the first payment due date is not 30 days from contract signing. Tends to create balloon payments for that reason. One could pay to add another part to the software to take care of that issue. But in addition to paying for the upgrade one also pays 17% of that purchase price quarterly. Which leads to another minus of increased monthly cost the most modules are added. This is true of any additions one makes to the software, whether ACH processing modules or Loan Origination module etc.. So, it really increases the monthly costs of the software, after initial purchase price, the more trimmings you want with it. It is a good software, But, make sure to take into account not just the initial cost of all modules but also the extra monthly 17% or so of the purchase price that will have to be paid.

Eric
CEO in US

Top-knotch product

Comments: It's been spectacular.

Pros:

It's a great platform. What I like most is the developers are constantly making valuable improvements to the software. When new releases are launched, all involved are excited to see the new features. We've seen the software evolve in the last 10 years and it is now just as good, if not better than the most expensive products available. As a loan servicing company, we've seen data arrive from other servicers who utilize different software providers and we can quickly distinguish that TMO is a far superior product. We also utilize a lot of custom SQL scripts that make large edits extremely easy to do. The escrow module is second to none.

Cons:

There is a small learning curve and it did take us some behind-the-scenes SQL customizations to accomplish our goals. I have nothing negative to say, it's truly the best.

Evan
Managing Director - Operations in US
Used the Software for: Not provided

Robust loan servicing package with institutional scalability

Comments: 1: We have found TMO to be highly functional. TMO performs core loan servicing very well. The development team has a deep understanding of the private lending business. The learning curve is steep, so I recommend the 2 day course which is well worth the money you will spend and the time you will save by not doing things incorrectly. The compiled help is a great reference guide for intermediates or advanced users and is well maintained.
2: We have found TMO to be scalable. One of our requirements was deploying the software across multiple physical locations. Although we encountered initial hiccups in set up, these were due to MS Office (MSO) 2010's default security settings (TMO relies upon MSO to create its attachments via mail merge). Once our IT team pinpointed the MSO security settings issue (which was quite intricate and required updating registry keys), we were able to effectively scale to 2 client workstations in 1 physical location pointing back to a SQL server at an off-site data center. The option of upgrading to the SQL version (available as another add-on 'module') gave us the confidence in the beginning when we first purchased the JET (MS Access) version that the software is robust and scalable. Our SQL upgrade and proof of concept across multiple physical locations confirmed the software is robust and scalable, and this area of functionality has performed well for us. The SQL migration tool that ABS provides made the transition fairly seamless.
3: 'Sustainable' means the software should have a long shelf life and be upgraded on a regular basis. In our 3 years there have been numerous upgrades although some were unfortunately forced, and I can't recall much new functionality being added ' most of the updates were patches or new functionality for Loan Origination or other modules we were not using. However, the platform has been around (and augmented) for 30+ years.
In summary, I think the software is robust and powerful, and I give the software development team top marks in creating and maintaining an excellent product. Also AJ Poulin their VP of Sales is a pleasure to deal with, is well respected in and has deep roots in the private lending industry, and has a lot of integrity.

Nick
Controller in US
Consumer Goods, 51–200 Employees

Thankful for The Mortgage Office

Comments: The people that work there are friendly and honest. Every time I have talked to somebody they have gone out of their way to be open and truthful, even if it is not the answer we wanted to hear. I greatly appreciate it. This is true from our salesman (extremely wonderful), to the help desk and to our trainer.
What really impressed me, during our training, If trainer did not know the answer, he did not try to pull the wool over our eyes and make some fictitious answer up to make himself look good. He just simply admitted that he did not know the answer and that he would research it and get back to us later. Which he did within the same day.

Pros:

Before we had The Mortgage Office we had 300+ loans all on Excel Spreadsheets. We had to keep them there because of the "originality" of our notes. We could not find a software that could handle all of our quirks. Needless to say, working with our mortgages was extremely time-consuming. Not only is The Mortgage Office saving us massive amounts of time, But It CAN also handle all of our quirks. As a side note, their help desk is friendly and very knowledgeable.

Cons:

The biggest con to this software is the setup, it takes time to do it correct. However, I would rather take the time to go through all the steps to set up a note and have all the information I need, compared to doing the minimal amount of setup and regretting it later. To be fair to The Mortgage Office, there is a way to upload all your existing notes via a CSV file, we just opted not to do it.

Michelle
VP Administration in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Pros:

The software can be tricky at moments, but having [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to help was extremely convenient. He went above and beyond to get our insurance certificates implemented in the software, and we are extremely greatful for his determination! Other than just this task, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has shown he is very determined and works diligently to help us with all our questions, since we have just hired new employees and switched locations. We appreciate his time and consideration for our company very much.

Cons:

The thing we like least about the software is the common glitching, and having to close out and re open for it to show the correct information

Janet
Manager, Mortgage Administrations in Canada

You Won't Regret Getting This Software

Comments: I have been using the software for 4 months now and at this time, I'm fully operational and I can call myself an "advanced" user. My success of using this software is due largely to [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. These two technical support staff have been so patient with me and had supported me throughout the bad times when I mess up things in the software or ask stupid questions. They made me a better user of the software so that I can get the most out of all the features.

Pros:

Software is easy to use and technical support is second to none. Fast technical support response and each support staff is patient and understanding. I love the follow up after the support team assisted me with a problem to ensure that I'm operating smoothly and that my problem was solved. This is one software where I can customize my own documents with my own customize fields which make this work for me. Love the statement generation feature. I also love the fact that my other colleagues can view loan details without having me generating or summarizing the loan details for them. The many features offered by the software save me time and allow me to spend the time on other matters.

Cons:

I have nothing bad to say about this software.

CEO in US

TMO Review

Comments: Our experience has been overwhelmingly positive with TMO. I have recommended the software to several organizations in our space.

Pros:

I have been using TMO for several years. The ability to do so many things with so few clicks of the mouse is great. When it comes to loan originations, servicing or mortgage pools nothing beats TMO.

Cons:

The cons of TMO are that there are some simple things that could be updated but sometimes it takes them a while to make the change. I am sure this is true with all software.

Carol
Lender Liaison in US
Financial Services Software, 11–50 Employees

We love TMO, we use it all day, every day

Comments: Ability to service more loans, this program helps track everything we do as a team, lates, payments, interest rate changes, multiple lenders, multiple vendors, fractionalized notes, credti reporting, IRS reporting, online access for borrowers and lenders, and on and on and on.

Pros:

This program makes servicing thousands of loans possible. So many reports available to our lenders and borrowers. It tracks everything and allows us to report to credit. We love it and so do our clients and customers.

Cons:

It's expensive, initial costs and monthly fees but it does so much of what we need. The only feature I have trouble with is the customized reports.

Genevie
Loan Servicing Manager in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

The Mortgage Office is AMAZING!

Comments: The Mortgage Office handles all aspects of our loans, from origination to issuing checks and performing monthly reconciliations.

Pros:

I have been using this software for 10+ years and I love it. This software makes servicing easy. Anyone can use it! And if you ever have any questions, you can always call customer support and they get back to you fast with how to resolve anything. I love that this software is easy to customize to your preference. I highly recommend this software!

Cons:

No cons to using this program. Everything is easy to fix.

Chuck
President & Owner in US
Financial Services Software, 11–50 Employees

Essential to our business!

Comments: Our company has been in business for over 50 years. We've been using ABS software products as they update for 40 years! We depend on their updates, their techs, their training of staff and their customer service ever day. We view The Mortgage Office as a partner in our continued growth and success.

Pros:

We rely uppdates, training and the loan service programs

Cons:

The updates require a good deal of downtime.

Principal in US

It's the flagship software in our industry and I can say it definitely makes us more money

Pros:

It makes our company money in a few ways: 1) ACH payments to investors and accompanying notification by email. Every week when we send out interest payments, investors reply and offer to send us more capital. 2) Timely borrower payments. The paper and email payment coupons plus being able to pay by check or ACH ends up collecting a higher percentage of payments than we would get prior to using TMO. 3) Reporting. We're able to keep a close eye on our portfolio which is very useful for managing defaults but it also allows us to keep good client data in front of our sales people that they turn into more loans.

Cons:

A web-based system would be much more convenient as remote access is tricky. We would also add a couple users if the cost were a bit lower.

Juanna
Admintrator in US
Financial Services Software, 201–500 Employees

Functional

Comments: The IT team is always happy and readily available to help resolve our issues. The teachings are also done in a manner that any elementary school kids should understand. We love the IT team!

Pros:

The accessibility to navigate through the loans is easy. It's simple to understand and learn from.

Cons:

Every time there is an update, they come with many glitches that impedes us to proceed with our normal workday. We spend several hours with the stupendous IT team.

Melissa
Loan Administration Supervisor - Loan Underwriter in US
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

Loan Servicing

Pros:

TMO is very convenient in all the available tools to contact, track, store, and paper trail necessary documentation and pertinent correspondence with individual clients to easily keep our staff abreast of vital information needed to effectively service loans.

Cons:

Learning all the tips and tricks to most efficiently utilize the software for our business needs.

Jerrel
Managing Partner in US
Financial Services Software, 51–200 Employees

Big Fan

Comments: very good experience

Pros:

It's easy to use, helps me create a positive impression with borrowers and makes running my business easy.

Cons:

Id love a plugin that helped more with escrow management, calendering and managing tax and ins payments. I use TLO and it is not available. Id also like to transfer my several loan files to the online system, but my setup makes this impractical.

Emily
Office Manager in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Great Product for what is was designed for!

Pros:

Once you get a handle on the product, it is very easy to use and navigate. Lots of helpful reports and tips and tricks to making loan servicing a lot simpler.

Cons:

I do feel as though it takes a little time to get a handle on how to use and navigate the program. Especially if you're just getting your feet wet in this type of programming or industry.