15 years helping Israeli businesses

Really Simple Systems CRM Reviews

4.5 (461) Write a Review!

About Really Simple Systems CRM

Easy-to-use CRM with optional marketing tool that helps you work smarter by managing and tracking your leads, customers and engagement.

Learn more about Really Simple Systems CRM

Pros:

The account pages are a simple set up and really easy to use and easy to customise with information relevant to your individual organisation.

Cons:

Occasionally it crashes- but this usually lasts no longer than a couple minutes.

Really Simple Systems CRM ratings

4.5
4.6
4.2
4.5

8.5/10

Really Simple Systems CRM has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 461 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Really Simple Systems CRM before?

Consultant in UK
Management Consulting, 11–50 Employees

Cost effective CRM for small business

Comments: We have grown our business with this CRM, and when we were starting out it gave us a lot of "bang for our bucks", the experience has been excellent.

Pros:

Having an awareness of the cost of some of the well known CRM platforms e.g. salesforce, dynamics, the thing that strikes you is that the cost of these is prohibitive for an SME with @30 light CRM users. RSS is different. The bottom line is that they offer excellent value for small businesses. I would view this as their USP. They have a responsive team and have constantly improved the CRM over the years. Key features I like are the permissions system which lets us give bespoke access to the teams in our business with everyone given the access to the client records that they require. The integration with Kashflow (accounting) is incredibly useful and reduces unnecesary duplication in our business processes. The marketing module has been a significant driver for new business, and again is very cost effective. The activity section enables us to keep good records of client contacts, as does the ability to bcc email comunications into the client record. The layout of fields is very easy to modify to your business requirements, adding extra fields with dropdowns as required. Document storage is straightforward with drag & drop functionality.

Cons:

Nothing to complain about, happy. Maybe preferred the earlier version which let you know the last time a record was updated and by who.

5 years ago

Thanks for the review Chris! FYI the new version CRM does still let you know the last time a record was updated and by who. At the top of your screen, next to the account name, there's a little clock symbol. Hover over this and the information will appear. Regards

Stuart
Mortgage Adviser in UK

Really Simple Systems, should be rebranded Incredibly Powerful Systems

Comments: I would highly recommend this software to anyone as it has a wealth of features right from the get go on the free plan and this may very well be all you need to use, but you have the ability to easily and quickly tailor the CRM for your specific needs by adding the optional extras as and when you need them. The support is very good and any issues I have encountered, have been resolved on the same day with either an online support or a call back support. On the higher tiered levels you get more direct support and also tailored extended customisation and design. The report generation is also very useful for generating a number of different default reports, but also for generating specific reports based on your own criteria

Pros:

This CRM is incredibly easy to use with a wealth of support material including video tutorials to get you started. At its basic level it can be comprehensively customised for your/your companies needs. It provides not only a fast and extremely flexible customer database but has the flexibility to include pipeline and sales functions along with automation and cloud storage options which can be added on as needed.

Cons:

The inability to bulk move customer tasks to a new date within the Task Window. If a number of tasks are not completed, it can be time consuming to move a number of similar tasks to a set date in the future, as these all have to be done individually. So having the ability to select a number of tasks over numerous customers and set a new task date for them would be a very useful feature.

Dominic
Marketing Manager in UK
Civil Engineering, 11–50 Employees

RSS Review

Comments: We are tracking opportunities and following engagement. Unfortunately, I am still having to use an excel spread sheet because I can't quite get the CRM to duplicate the spread sheet but this is a lack of skill using the system on my part and not a take on the RSS system.

Pros:

Its very easy to use, quite intuitive in set up and implementation.

Cons:

*After using other CRM software, the lack of ability to move opportunities between accounts when the main holder is no longer the main account. I don't think this is possible without some programming by RSS team. *Having the freedom to manipulate the set up like in Salesforce, where an internal programmer will set up exactly what I require. Do RSS's team do this? *The display dashboard could be better, to have the ability to adjust the widgets to show what I want instead of a standardised return.

Emma
Design, 2–10 Employees

Happy overall

Comments: Generally happy with the overall product and understand that at this price point nothing is perfect but it does the majority of what we need it to do :)

Pros:

Generally happy with the overall offerings of RSC and how it assists with our day-to-day business management

Cons:

It would be great to have a little more ability to track task progress.Would be great to have a prompt when tasks are overdue/require attention now or soon.

Managing Director in UK
Management Consulting, 2–10 Employees

Simple Effective CRM System

Comments: Use it for my own software business and 3 other software clients based in New Zealand and UK and it can be used from complete sales pipeline management through to lead generation, depending what my clients need, simple customisation of database fields and screens makes it user configurable a must for different client requirements.

Pros:

It was the simplest CRM system I have used compared to a long list of CRM systems used over the last 15 years, it is modern and I can use it on any device I like and web browser effectively. marketing functionality built into the CRM database beats those that need to use 3rd party applications like Mailchimp, everything thats needed is in one system that is evolving and improving over time

Cons:

The data conversion and bringing in data was a challenge trying to get it to work, but the support team simply imported the data for me when it was required, data import/export functionality has been improved.

Ronnie
Head of Sheriff Officer Services in UK
Legal Services, 51–200 Employees

It does what is says on the tin, it's simple

Comments: Excellent and our team thinks it is a great system to use

Pros:

It is very simple and you can tailor drop downs and configure to your requirements

Cons:

It doesn't autosave and it would be good to make more tailored changes

Jack
IT & Data Manager in UK
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Exactly as the name suggsets

Comments: RSS has given us the ability to view and track our customer pipeline at a very reasonable cost. Something we haven't been able to do with our previous CRM system.

Pros:

RSS was extremely easy to deploy into the business, allowing us to view and track our customer pipeline.

Cons:

Some aspects of the reporting can be quite limiting, such as not being able to include contact information on an Opportunity report

Alexandra
Managing Director in UK
Events Services, 2–10 Employees

Good be incredible if I had the time!

Comments: its taking too long to enter all details in and we need to spend a large amount of time tailoring it to what we need so we are not using it in the right way

Pros:

I love the company ethos and team - we have enjoyed their organized events. It is well thoughout and could be an incredible tool in our business if we had the time to customize it!

Cons:

I would like better integration with 3 party apps, i would like a paid for service that can customize our site to make it more tailored to us and i would like more customization in general

Frank
DIRECTOR in UK
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 2–10 Employees

Small start up business

Pros:

The best features was the ease of use, value for money and customer support.

Cons:

Could do with a more segmented costing to allow a small start up business quickly move up the features.

Jaycee
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11–50 Employees

Good For Sale Beginners

Comments: Really pleased with this cost effective system.

Pros:

We needed a CRM to help us with telesales that we have outsourced and for them to use. Really simple to set up and really easy to talk users through it.

Cons:

Nothing so far.

Jonathan
Owner in UK
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Does just what it promises, quickly and cheaply. Very easy to learn and good training too.

Comments: As a micro business owner, I have to do everything from developing to sales and marketing, and I suspect like many geek-run businesses like mine, I love the first part and loathe the latter. I'd found a few tools that do a limited number of things very well and help my business in other ways, like Trello, Toggl, gmail and so on, but I was struggling to find a CRM equivalent.
I'd tried a few SAAS cloud solutions that would have been overpriced, and I tried installing a couple of open source solutions like SuiteCRM which proved to be way over the top and bloated for my needs.
Finally I hit upon RSS CRM and we were the perfect match. I went to their first user conference earlier in 2016, and what impressed me greatly was not only how good and enthusiastic the CEO and his staff were, but also the other customers.
I'd already experienced support via both phone and email (even though I was on the free plan at the time), and it was nice to actually meet the team for real, and know that they aren't outsourced from some sweatshop in a distant place. It's a UK company with a "proper" UK phone number, although there are support offices in other countries too, to account for the timezones which is good.

Pros:

The freemium model is enough to get anyone new to CRM started quickly. It's all "pay as you go", and you can bolt features on as needed. I wanted something that tells me what, when and how I did something, to whom and when, what the outcome was, and will then nag me to do the next thing. And, for me, RSS does all that perfectly. They also run free webinars which are also recorded in case you can't make it on the day. These are worth watching - I found I was missing several tricks and now get even more out of the system. I'm particularly impressed with the email integration which saves the whole endless copying and pasting debacle. It really is simple, but perfect at what it does.

Cons:

All of that said, yes, the interface does look a little tired. However, I've seen the new version which should be launched by late summer 2016 and it's really impressive. They've rewritten it with a responsive interface which works much better than the current version on a mobile. Because the underlying functionality won't be changing significantly, they're going to let users initially choose whether to be "early adopters" of the new interface, which is a nice touch as change sometimes scares people!

Ian
Sales Manager in UK
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

My Review

Comments: Overall it has been a great system for me and the team and we manage to do what we need.

Pros:

Accounts, Tasks, Contacts are all fantastic. I really love the feature where within an account, there is a google API integration so you can see a sateilleite view of your customers and gauge the size of the business which is useful for us and the industry we sell to. I also think an excellent feature is being able to look at nearby accounts too, and has a range and mileage bar which you can move to your desire. Custom reporting is really good too, but it would be better if we could have more than 16-20 custom fields.

Cons:

I dislike the fact all support is done via email, despite the email support being very good, sometimes we require complex and bespoke functions and need help to understand how to achieve what we want, and this is difficult to explain via email at times, and would be alot easier to talk it through with someone. I also am hoping the marketing module improvements come soon, as i would love to send emails and marketing via the system, but at present we use a different external system which seems silly as we pay for it, but we have struggled to use the marketing module as we cant customise our own HTML emails as they do not display how we need them to, and i was told this would be ironed out in the next release, but this has been delayed a few times so would be great to get this ASAP so we can have it all in one place.

3 years ago

Ian, thank you for your review. That's great feedback and I'm glad to hear the system is working well for you. Additional custom fields and telephone support is included in your price plan, so I apologise if we haven't been so active in picking up the phone. I have asked our support manager to get in touch and set up a call to discuss your requirements. Kind regards

Excellent for small business

Comments: The greatest benefit is sharing of customer/contact information internally across team members in an easy fashion at a reasonable price.

Pros:

We selected this software for the ease of use. In addition, there was little required for our employees to access immediately. After using this for half a year, it continues to meet and exceed those expectations. Logging in is done through a browser and does not require additional software. Sharing contact information, outstanding tasks for clients, and client specific documents are all easy tasks that are quite intuitive. Also adding new users requires very little effort since there is no software required for to install on an employees computer.

Cons:

There are several activities that are a bit clunky/annoying. When adding revenue, it is treated as an opportunity instead of simply entering the revenue for a client. Several apps within the program will also mark this revenue with the British pound instead of the U.S. dollar despite the fact that our settings are on USD. Additionally for reminders you have to use your google calendar instead of the system sending you reminders. When setting these reminders in Google calendar, it always incorrectly translates the date/time to GMT despite the fact that our calendars are on EST. So you have to be careful to reset the correct day/time when entering in to your Google Calendar. We would greatly prefer a reminder system within the program itself instead of the current clunky process.

6 years ago

Thank you for your feedback. I will report the errors you mention regarding currencies and time zones to our Development Team to take a look at. In the meantime, if you would like to contact our Support Team on [email protected] we can correct these settings for you. Regards.

Peter
Head of HR Operations in Jersey
Human Resources (HR) Software, 11–50 Employees

A straight forward system

Comments: Really simple systems has been a great addition to our organisation, as it has significantly increased trackability and improved productivity. The system's user-friendly interface made it easy for our team to manage customer information, track leads and opportunities, and generate reports. By centralising all customer interactions and activities in one place, we can quickly and easily access important data and provide better customer service.

Pros:

The system has been amazing for tracking workflows within our team, particularly where staff are working in different locations and at different times. Handover for absence has become easier to manage and has resulted in better client interactions.

Cons:

The email sync is great, however, emails do not display in an easy-to-read format. Autosync logs emails as block text, instead of in the form they send out via Outlook. This makes reviewing previous emails incredibly difficult.

Owner in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

A Game Changer!

Comments: After being a bit overwhelmed by a number of different CRMs out there, I was determined to find something very basic with A) a limited amount of fields (but enough to do the job), B) affordability, C) excellent support and D) ease of use on mobile. Really Simple Systems has delivered on all counts- and then some.
I sent an email to support mentioning that, although I love the software, I had two things on my "wish list" for their next update. I sent that request on a Tuesday morning. I received a reply within an hour (!) telling me they think they could accommodate me on both fronts. By Wednesday morning, BOTH of my requests had been incorporated into the software. Yes. You read that right. 24 hours later! I was blown away as these two enhancements continue to save me time and money on a daily basis. My advice for anyone is to try Really Simple Systems for a month or two to get a taste of how easy it is to use and how amazing the support team is. This is a game changer for small business owners like myself.

Pros:

Affordability. Ease of use. Mobile interface. Unparalleled Customer Support.

Cons:

None.

7 years ago

Hi Chris Thanks for your endorsement. I'm not sure every development request happens quite so quickly but we do try our best! Fortunately, with a simple CRM like ours there is a lot we can do to to accommodate our customers so we are pleased to hear it has been so successful for you. Best regards Helen Armour Marketing Manager

Rod
Rod

Essential Software

Comments: Overall we've had a reall good experience over 7 years and don't regret for a minute going with RSS. The few occasions we've used the support it's been good and the issues were resolved, and we tend not to think too much about RSS, but maybe that's the sign of a good system, it does what we need and is just there when we need it.

Pros:

We have all our client and contact details together, we use the integrated email so it stores all incoming and outgoing mails providing a full record of conversations and data. Overall, this is a realtively inexpensive but critical part of the mangement of our business.

Cons:

Sometimes the customisation seems a bit clunky, and whern adding in new clients and contacts there are lots of fields that we don't use. We probably could take those out but haven't because the customisation we don't find simple.

Sales Consultant in Ireland
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Simple & Easy to Use Visual CRM System

Comments: TMS Software as a business have the complete assurance of a visual sales pipeline and opportunities so the business in these difficult times is safe and sound with future business identified, qualified and with a good chance to close and become a client, all done in Really Simple Systems CRM

Pros:

Easy to access all the data areas from account, lead and opportunity, all available on 1 screen view

Cons:

Integration to email systems and other 3rd party systems

Jennifer
Client Relationship Support in UK

User friendly system!

Comments: We log all of our client base on RSS and multiple users use the system for different things. The activity notes help anyone see what previous users have input and as it also logs system generated documents or uploaded files, it is easy to keep a great audit trail of our dealings with customers.

Pros:

The software is really easy to navigate and use. It's user friendly in its layout and can be changed/adjusted to what is required from the business. I have used the system for generating reports and even if I have been unsure of how to do them, I always seem to be able to play around and figure out what is needed quite easily.

Cons:

Sometimes the display changes for no reason. Sometimes the way the notes are shown on the screen may change and then change back another day - this can be a little frustrating.

Monica
Billing Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Really Simple Systems CRM review 2022

Comments: RSS CRM has really helped me to keep track of my day to day activities and to keep all of our contacts and projects in one place. I am able to get to each project quickly and to review notes to see what is going on with each client.

Pros:

What I like most about this software is being able to easily have all the information for each client in one place and being able to quickly figure out what is going on with each client. I also like that I can set up task for each employee to make sure that things are being handled and I can check to see if the task was completed.

Cons:

Integrating with our business was kind of difficult because our business is different and we do things different than others but RSS was very helpful in helping us set up for our needs.

Clarissa
Yacht Broker in UK
Maritime, 2–10 Employees

Very useful tool

Comments: Great for keeping track of long term clients and prospects with a good record of correspondence for the whole company.

Pros:

Its a really easy to use system, a great way to record information which is accessible to the whole team. Easy to track progress with opportunities and tasks. Useful to see the progress of marketing emails

Cons:

Although the reports can be very useful, creating a report is not very self explanatory and can be quite complicated. The opportunities system is confusing with reference to unit price, sale price and value. Would be nice to have a tick box option when recording a call activity to be able to easily record if the call was answered, if a message was left, if the client is returning a call etc.

Carl
Carl
Health, Wellness & Fitness

Helpful and Useful tool

Comments: WJ is a small local business based in Hull. We have around 30 employees and specialise in several different areas from anti-slip decking to Timber Treatment and through to metalwork engineering. As the company salesman it is essential that I have regular and consistent contact with my customers as well as a smooth way of keeping records of these meetings. Without Really Simple Systems I would use a diary to keep track of this. This however makes it very difficult for anybody but me to understand where we are with each customer in our sales and follow up cycle. I always struggle to maintain order with this. Really Simple Systems offers not only a great way to keep and maintain a customer diary but also allows me to keep meeting notes and documents all stored in the same that everyone can also see.

Pros:

When we have ever had issues with the system and contacted customer service we have always had a response within 24hrs which has been understandable, concise and always helpful. the task setting and reminder system is accurate, amendable and 'Really Simple'. We had an issue around sales tracking and Forecasting where we wanted to be able to see monthly potential sales if a sale was to come off. However when we questioned and asked if this was possible within about 6 hours the facility to do what we want had been added in to the system which we greatly appreciated.

Cons:

We have no issues around the system.

Architecture & Planning, 2–10 Employees

Love this software!

Comments: As a relatively new Company (2016) it was really helpful that RSS CRM was free until we reached 100 accounts. We passed that just recently and upgraded to a payment option.
In terms of applying for business loans it was great to be able to easily download a list of enquiries and demonstrate how many projects we had won and what was in the pipeline.

Pros:

Easy to use. The reports are great and easy to customise. Webinars are really helpful

Cons:

Nothing really. If I was being picky I'd like the facility to change the account name of an opportunity as sometimes our projects can be sold on to other clients and it would save uploading them all over again. I would also like the software to be compatible to other software that create dashboards

Amanda
Marketing Manager in Australia
Financial Services Software, 11–50 Employees

A really functional and reliable resource

Comments: We have had a very positive experience with this software

Pros:

The ease of use made it very easy to roll out across our locations Drag and drop option makes it very easy to upload documents All Customer information is on one page and easily accessible [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] worked with the team to customise a solution that would work for us

Cons:

We needed a very detailed Financial Area would would require a fully bespoke solution

Alex
Web Developer in
Computer Software, Self Employed

Exactly what it says on the tin!

Comments: I have been using this product for over ten years when I was introduced to it when working at Iizuka and subsequently for my own business. I have also introduced it to other small businesses and one homeless charity I worked for called Emmaus. RSS were generous enough to provide it pro bono! It was a fantastic way of keeping profiles of each resident and sharing the information should the resident move on to another establishment. It solved a complex problem very easily!

Pros:

The product is very easy to use. It is easy to manager clients and the interactions with me. whether it be by phone or email. With the subscription product, emails can be synced with the client details which saves having to copy and paste.

Gary
Business Development Manager in Australia
Construction Software, 51–200 Employees

Really Simple Systems CRM Review

Comments: The research and selection period was made so much easier because the support is local to Australia, but mainly that the contact was genuinely interested in assisting us find the best system for us. There was no hard sell and we have a system that is set up and tailored for us prior to starting subscription.

Pros:

The software is very simple to navigate and can be used in a small capacity or it is adaptable to larger and more encompassing business use. The ability to tailor make the system to fit in with existing business is a real bonus. I found the RSS contact incredibly helpful, articulate and interested in what we were looking for in a CRM system. Perhaps the biggest single advantage this system has over it's competition......the demonstration was all inclusive and interactive, and delivered with true support. No request was too much and between the two of us we achieved our objectives before purchasing the product. Most impressed!

Cons:

We have everything we need at this stage so I have not come across any cons