15 years helping Israeli businesses

About JazzHR

JazzHR is on a mission to make recruiting and hiring easy, effective, and affordable, no matter what growth looks like at your company.

Learn more about JazzHR

Pros:

Ease of use, customer support, dedicated account manager.

Cons:

My HR team set up the job posting and I was only in charged on the recruitment and viewing candidates on JazzHR so maybe it is a settings that we forgot to check.

JazzHR ratings

4.4
4.3
4.1
4.4

8.2/10

JazzHR has an overall rating of 4.3 out 5 stars based on 468 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used JazzHR before?

Lee
Lee
Research Fellow in UK
Think Tanks, 51–200 Employees

Search feature works great

Pros:

We get a huge number of applications and so being able to easily search every CV for certain keywords can be a quick way to filter and cut down to a manageable number to get through, which you can then easily bulk download.

Cons:

Nothing really, except that it might be nice to have a single HR app, so to do leave requests through this app as well, I don't know if jazz can do this but we use different software for leave.

April
Head of People in Canada
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Good option for small to mid sized company

Comments: Overall a very good ATS for candidate sourcing and pipeline management, at a good price. Customer support is excellent - we even had our AE do a training for our managers when we rolled out the interview assessments & feedback requirements. The only reason why I might consider another platform is the reporting.

Pros:

Easy to implement and offers customization for application screening and assessments. Bulk action allows recruitment to save a ton of time by using the filter to shortlist, disqualify and send feedback to candidates.

Cons:

Reporting - it's very difficult to pull actionable data from the platform based on how it's collected. If you want to include interviews in your reporting data, all interviews must be scheduled through the platform which we've had issues with, same with offers - to be tracked they need to be sent to the candidate through Jazz. When you clone and repost jobs to keep them at the top of job boards it counts as a separate job and that messes up reporting data.

Employ Response

last year

Thank you for your review, April. We really appreciate your feedback! It is good to hear that you find JazzHR to be easy to implement and you have had a good experience with our Customer Support team! I apologize the reporting has not been an easy process for you and your team. We are always looking to improve our product, and I will be sure to share this with our team. Thanks again and happy hiring!!

Karina
HR Manager in Canada
Financial Services Software, 51–200 Employees

No complaints here!

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I have no complains. It's easy to use and the customer service team is readily available to answer any queries we may have.

Pros:

JazzHR is a very user friendly platform. It gives you an option to post and track applicants in a very easy way with a lot of great feather such as key word searching, which is a huge help when you have a ton of applicants.

Cons:

Sometimes i find it hard to locate a job we posted in the past. I think thats due to how the jobs are sorted on the Jobs menu.

Building Materials, 51–200 Employees

You get what you pay for

Comments: Track all applications electronically and post to job boards with one click.

Pros:

The system is very inexpensive and much better than having not ATS. -It posts to several free job boards with only one click. -Store, track, and update all applications in one place. -You can communicate with applicants through the system. -You can leave comments and keep record of multiple applications for an applicant. -You can send emails in bulk.

Cons:

Compared to other ATS in the same price rang and has a ton more (useless) features and is missing some key basic features. -The reports features are very complicated and not very practical -The screening and interview features are not realistic in our environment -Missing basic features like automatic replies when changing status -Admin does not have control over who has access to what. You can set users up by predefined positions such as "super user" but you can't tailor what a "super user" is. -The sales, customer service etc. have obviously never been involved in hiring -They ask for feedback but only interested in the feedback they want to hear on useless features that do not aid in hiring. -Calendar feature does not sync with all versions of outlook making it completely useless -The design features and look are horrible -To post on paid sites you must save credit card information that all Admins have access too.

Liaza
Resource Manager and Staffing in US
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Wonderful Customer Services

Comments: Exceptional overall experience with JazzHR!

Pros:

I don't need to wait 24-48 hours for customer service. They are prompt and thorough.

Cons:

I really do not have a least that I can think of at this point.

Jason
Executive Vice President, Human Resources in US
Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

Jazz Happy Customer

Comments: It has been a great experience overall. The customer service is great, the people are very friendly and attentive and the software is easy to use and fulfills all of our needs.

Pros:

The software has a very robust feature offering. It is very easy to use, once set up and is a great tool for aggregating resumes and scoring candidates.

Cons:

Setting up some of the features was challenging, such as workflows, candidate evaluations, etc. It would have been nice to have assistance. The implementation calls that I had were not very helpful and I walked away more confused than assisted.

Jessica
Jessica
Game Programmer in US
Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

JazzHR helps keep everything organized and in one place

Comments: We went from 500 to 1500 people quickly because to JazzHR's scalable design. We were able to create a streamlined and effective recruiting procedure with clear and well-defined workflows that aided each recruiter in doing their job more effectively. Facilitates consolidation of related materials.

Pros:

Platform that is simple to learn and use. Facilitates streamlined request and candidate tracking within your team. Works flawlessly with any other recruiting tools you may be using, whether they're internal or external. Setting up a workflow and aids to assist with the workflow might help reduce stress on your recruiting staff. Better candidate management, texting capabilities, and automations

Cons:

I'd like to make a standardized scoring sheet for use by all interviewees. I wish there was a way to search job boards for people who were similar to the applicants I liked best during interviews. Please make it possible to quickly revise an email before sending it to a potential employee.

Stephen Joshua
Technical Recruiter in Philippines

ATS for New/growing companies

Comments: It was a great experience overall. The after sales are also responsive to any queries or requests.

Pros:

JazzHR has been fruitful to our growing company. We were able to find the type of candidates we are looking for. The candidate database is diverse.

Cons:

Maybe the UI/UX of the application could have been improve to something more interactive or too formal-looking.

Employ Response

2 years ago

Thank you so much for the feedback, Stephen! We are so happy to hear JazzHR has helped in the growth of your company. Wishing you and the company great success! Your suggestion for an easier UI will be noted for improvements moving forward. Please let us know if you ever need anything.

Jennifer
Recruiting Manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Confusingly good

Comments: In my career, I've used over 10 applicant tracking systems and none of them have been as easy or straightforward as HR. I'm left baffled that it is not the industry leader and by the cost of the product. It does not have all the bells or whistles of a Lever or Greenhouse, but a lot of companies (like mine) just don't need that.

Pros:

Easy of use UI Customer Support Daily Use Price

Cons:

Still working on integrations with other platforms

Josh
Head of Talent Acquisition in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Great ATS

Pros:

Honestly, [sensitive content hidden] was the main reason for me staying with JazzHR. He was attentive, easy to work with, easily accessible and helped me with my concerns. I like the support Jazz offers as well

Cons:

The pricing is a little more than breezyhr or other competitors. I would have liked just the ATS component. Adding zoom integration for a extra fee is unfortunate.

Jill
Human Resources Generalist in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

JazzHR gets 5-star rating! You're HIRED!

Comments: I used to stress out when we had recruiting efforts, but JazzHR has made this process so much more organized and it's something I look forward to using. It has saved us a great deal of paper, ink/toner resources as well as filing space, too. On top of the other features mentioned, it assists us with compliance by capturing retrievable data on each candidate, so employers are already prepared for whatever might occur resulting from recruiting decisions.

Pros:

JazzHR is mutually beneficial to the candidate who can easily download a resume, cover letter and click on some buttons to answer questions that the employer wishes to learn about candidates (e.g., What Makes You Unique?). It automatically responds to the candidate (inserting the individual's name) to acknowledge receipt of their submission, thereby avoiding the "black hole" (or "black box") experience. It's also very helpful to the employer as it provides customization per job posting, knock-out questions/answers to alert us at a glance if the candidate lacks education or relevant work experience, etc. It stores all incoming and outgoing emails as well as submissions, so nothing is lost! JazzHR provides the recruiter the opportunity to download a comparison chart of all or certain candidates to quickly compare apples to apples side by side. It provides the employer the option to use a calendar system. It helps us to quickly post our job openings on popular websites for no fees and others for additional fees. It's a GREAT resource! JazzHR has an intuitive process from initial job posting through hire, and for an additional fee would provide onboarding (sending/signing offer letters online), too. Another BIG "Pro" is that JazzHR has been very responsive to my suggestions. Their product is already robust and easy-to-use by both candidates and recruiter/employer, but I've made some suggestions and have seen them implement some of my suggestions and that pleased me!

Cons:

We do not pay for the premium-level support, so there's no immediate phone call support when I'm in a pinch. They've made a fairly comprehensive Support section complete with visual and step-by-step instructions which is extremely useful by those of us who opt not to pay for the higher support level -- and they email me back within 24-hours (more often sooner).

Justin
Director of Talent Acquisition in
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

For the price, JazzHR is a great platform for applicant tracking and workflow management.

Comments: JazzHR has been a great applicant tracking system for us. Very user friendly and customizable. It is one of the most affordable systems I have seen on the market, so I think it's a great bang for your buck. Only downside is the lack of reporting/analytics for managing a recruiting team.

Pros:

This software is very user friendly and easy to navigate. You can customize your own workflows and easily extend offers with various templates depending on the position you are recruiting for. JazzHR also has an easy search feature to find a candidate by name, email address, or phone number.

Cons:

There are very few reporting tools/analytics within JazzHR to track metrics of a recruiting team. Due to this, I have to have my team send me a weekly snapshot on their submittals, interviews, offers, etc. JazzHR also does not integrate with a lot of other companies in order to streamline the onboarding process (i.e. background checks/drug screens can initiate automatically through the system)

Frank
Frank
Talent Advisor in

It's simply Jazztastic.

Comments: When I joined The VSI Team I came to know this little tool that I had never seen before, it had an awesome UI, and an UX so smooth that I just felt like I was surfing through my workflows, literally surfing... I can sit and talk about the features Jazz offers like its automated customizable workflows, e-docs, ease of integration with other platforms like HackerRank, the Crod module which instantly gives you benchmarks to compare your performance, etc. But if I had to pick one single area where Jazz adds the greatest value is Candidate Experience. Granted, your Candidate Experience depends heavily on how your recruitment team operates, but Jazz significantly helps making life easier for your Talent Acquisition team by improving their response time, their abilities to stay in touch with candidates, simplifying their tasks, . As you know, today Talent Brand and Candidate Experience are factors that heavily influence how the talent market perceives us, this is specially true if we're talking about Tech Companies, and Jazz can be a valuable ally in managing your Talent Acquisition process to deliver the best service. Oh, did I mention our Hiring Managers love it? Oh and the support team rock!

Cons:

The only drawback is in the reporting capabilities, it's missing some dashboards and the ability to keep track of your metrics, but I know from a good source that is about to change in Q1 2017.

, 11–50 Employees

If you need a new applicant tracking system, pick this. Super modern!

Comments: Relatively low cost, easy to use, live agents, modern & you can recommend ideas that go on their roadmap and eventually get implemented.

Pros:

Finally, a modern applicant tracking system! I use JazzHR everyday at work and I can honestly say this is a user-friendly and intuitive ATS. It saves me a lot of time compared with my experience using other systems like Taleo. If anyone is thinking of switching to a new ATS system, this is it. You will not regret it! Plus they have live agents to support you with any questions you have and they will get you the information you need promptly.

Cons:

Sometimes I have experienced 'bugs', but if you report it to their Customer Success team it will be looked into as soon as possible. When Amazon Web Services is down, Jazz may not function properly, but this can't always be avoided.

Bailey
Talent Acquisition Manager in
Real Estate, 201–500 Employees

Good Software that I think (hope) will get better

Comments: JazzHR is very intuitive, it's easy to use, it does a great job parsing, it offers e-signatures, and makes on-boarding very easy. It has a nice, clean interface, and the buttons are in places that seem familiar. The staff is very friendly and supportive. Sometimes there are self-help options only. I've had a lot of trouble getting my outlook and calendar to sync since we use Office365. Our IT team has needed to get involved as well. My big gripe is that they don't have to report for activity in "Discussions". Since I source most of my candidates proactively without waiting for them to apply, I depend heavily on keeping good notes and need to be able to run reports for the profiles I last opened or notes I last made-- or made within a specified time frame. Unfortunately, I can't do that and it's been a major drawback since that wasn't clear early on. They do have a feature request function though, and I have requested that functionality. We'll see what happens. It is also not as customizable as I was told. I rely on the phone, not email. I quite often only have a phone number as well since I don't bother storing work emails for passive candidates. This is a problem because Jazz uses email as the primary means of sorting candidates and mandates email be put into their profile.

Pros:

- easy to use - friendly staff - Great UI - Great parsing of resumes - Easy to upload candidates and automate processes - eSignatures are easy and store in candidate profiles

Cons:

- Lots of self-help troubleshooting - Trouble for connecting to legacy systems (could be our fault) - Can't run reports for activity from previous day - Reports seem basic - Not customizable in the candidate profile layout or required fields

Aubree
Talent & Operations Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Abysmal Customer Service

Pros:

The UX is nice and the software is easy to learn. All-around JazzHR's interface and usability are no better or worse than most competitors.

Cons:

Horrid experience. From implementation to customer service and support, we've never had a good experience with anyone from JazzHR. The representative who gave us the demo was completely lacking in knowledge and could answer very few of the questions our team had for her about the ATS. When our team had an issue with removing evaluations they relayed there was nothing they could do and mentioned they'd make a note of this issue to the technical team. When we sought to suspend the service our account representative was in no way helpful and continuously repeated whatever script he was reading from. I would never recommend an ATS or any other product with such horrible customer service. Regardless of the quality of the product, there will come a time when you need to communicate with customer service/billing/tech support. With Jazz, that experience will not be great or even productive.

Angela
Associate Talent Acquisition Partner in US
Retail, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Great for smaller companies

Comments: I liked JazzHR when I worked for a smaller company, however when i compare to a bigger software like Workday, I think JazzHR is not my first choice.

Pros:

I think this software was really great for lower volume of candidates or smaller companies.

Cons:

I think there were features that were not utilized or maybe not even created that made it unfavorable.

Colleen
Human Resources Manager in US
Wholesale, 11–50 Employees

Great value and easy to use. JazzHr helps keep my recruiting organized (and our team!)

Comments: Helped organize our recruiting process, and allows my assistant to help in the process as well.

Pros:

The ease of use - it's user friendly. And they always send email updates when they introduce a new feature with a webinar you can sign up for (or just get the info afterwards). I love that you can customize your emails, schedule an interview and even customize your interview questions right there. And the option to move a candidate forward, reject them, add an offer - makes everything much easier and more organized. I also love the bulk mailing feature!

Cons:

The integration with some paid job posting sites is a little lack luster but I think that has more to do with the recruiting sites (like Indeed) since they prefer to have their own direct customers and charge PPC.

Arpita
HR in India
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

To use Jazz Hr you have to be Tech Savy!!! :)

Comments: It helped in streamline of our recruitment process, also helped to track the assessment feedback of different hiring managers / panel.

Pros:

I like the entire features of the software specially the "Role Model" feature it becomes easier for us to screen the profiles similar matching to the role model.

Cons:

1) There should be bulk selection option of profiles. 2) The candidates who are directly applying through Jazz portal should not be visible to external recruiter or even they should not receive the email. (They should be restricted visibility to direct candidates applying from website, linkedin, free portals etc )

Christian
VP of HR & Finance in US

Great Applicant Tracking System!

Pros:

Very easy to use, interactive, and has streamlined our recruiting process from sourcing to interviewing. There are many APS's out there,and a lot are similar, but what set Jazz apart was the customer service/support from prior to purchasing through implementation , they were very helpful and flexible.

Cons:

The one item I had trouble with at the start was getting buy-in from senior level management, but our Jazz rep was willing to run through numerous demos to show how easy the platform is to use, and the amount of time it would save hiring managers.

Jill
Partner in US
Human Resources (HR) Software, 2–10 Employees

Great software, not for recruiting firms

Pros:

Very easy to use, and loved the interface.

Cons:

Was not set up for a recruiting firm. I am guessing this would be ideal for an HR department within a company

Laird
Director Talent in US
Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

Gets better and better and better

Comments: I have been a Jazz user for the past 2.5 years. By far the best and easiest ATS to work with from Day 1. No need to have a pricey consultant come in and do the set up and training, no need to waste time in long and boring training classes, very easy to use and navigate and using additional features on the Administration side are very easy to pick up and learn. The reporting feature is straight forward. It gives you reports that you need and if need to download them just export to CSV and make your pivot tables etc. New features are constantly being rolled out and implemented which other companies would make you pay for the added functionality, not Jazz they provide the new features for free or in some cases where it is a 3rd party application they may charge a nominal fee. Scheduling interviews is a breeze.

Pros:

Ease of use

Cons:

That it didn't come out 10 years ago.

Kim
CEO in Canada
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 11–50 Employees

JazzHR is a great tool for recruiting. It's easy to implement and user friendly.

Comments: Cost effective, easy to use and can scale with you as you grow. Easily integrates with BambooHR and other HRIS platforms. The customer support at JazzHR is responsive and helpful and they are always adding new functionality to improve the product.

Pros:

It's the best system on the market for the price and functionality. JazzHR easily integrates with free job boards saving posting time and looks great on mobile!

Cons:

The reporting could be improved. JazzHR integrates with a number of other HR Tech providers but at times the API can be limiting.

Melissa
HR Generalist in US
Retail, 201–500 Employees

JazzHR

Comments: JazzHR is a great product and for the price point you cannot beat it!

Pros:

For the money, you cannot beat JazzHR. Its an affordable option and has solves a lot of our recruiting admin needs. We love being able to send mass emails to candidates and sort them by the different jobs we have

Cons:

We have two separate locations that we recruit for and we could not integrate the two together. We had to create two separate accounts so we constantly are logging off and back in under the different accounts.

Kate
Office Administrator in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

I love JazzHR

Comments: The hiring "team" functionality will rely on your team being skilled at following SOP - there are a lot of "steps" you can create with the software, but unless everyone follows them it can become a mess.

Pros:

The user interface is very intuitive. The features are fantastic - being able to have the process flow so seamlessly is very helpful. The interview guides and interview scoring are particularly useful.

Cons:

While you can "copy" a posting and manually repost it, you cannot "refresh" a post on the boards until 90 days of it being active. It's also odd that you can't delete old interview templates - I end up naming them strange things starting with "XXX" so they sink to the bottom of the alphabetical list. We do not use this for our HRIS at all - for that we went with a different software.