15 years helping Israeli businesses

About Amazing Charts

Amazing Charts is a top rated EHR according to multiple user satisfaction surveys and is affordable, easy to use, and free to try.

Learn more about Amazing Charts

Pros:

Cons:

The problem is that any functionality you need to use (Like patient portal, electronic labs requests, e-prescriptions) is an additional cost to your subscription.

Amazing Charts ratings

4.0
3.2
3.5
3.8

6.1/10

Amazing Charts has an overall rating of 3.6 out 5 stars based on 99 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Amazing Charts before?

Computer Hardware, 2–10 Employees

Affordable, reliable, easy to use EHR

Comments: Experience is Amazing! No pun intended. It is affordable and runs great. I have installed it at two offices already.

Pros:

Cost. Simplicity. Easy to train new employees on it. Ability to run it off of a local server. Chart flow is smooth.

Cons:

Nothing Negative to say about the software. But the gaurdian angel support has lost its touch since being bought out. We don't need the support unless issue with licences occur,but the support lacks.

Brian

We've been happy with Amzaing Charts

Pros:

This emr has a few very nice selling points. By far, the first is the price. We are a solo practice and I spent a year listening to emr presentations before settling on AC. That was in 2009. There were no emrs that could even come close to AC's cost and still provide the same features and support. I occasionally provide training at other offices in our area that have AC. All of my feedback in the last 5 years has been that these AC offices are able to just about anything those as those that forked out 10 or 20 times more for an emr. The Decision Support feature is fantastic. It is an editable tracking area that we use for all our HEIDIS, PCMH, and meaningful use needs. It was great to finally get rid of the huge ticker files for the yearly physicals, etc. Creating call lists for overdue screenings like colonoscopies and wellness visits can be done in minutes. Not only that, but they can be produced as an Excel spreadsheet instead of printed. AC also connects to an online fax service, Updox. Updox offers a basic patient portal and makes filing faxes easier. Incoming faxes can be sent directly to the patient's chart from the Updox program. It provides HIPPA compliant email, options to send documents to patients, and an option to allow patients to schedule their own appointments. The feature that sold us on this emr in the end is access to it's database. This topic doesn't often come up during emr sales pitches. I have heard several stories from other offices needing to switch emrs and finding out that their files wouldn't transfer or there would be some new fee to make it happen. We have been able to create custom lists with this access for anything that we couldn't do within the emr program itself.

Cons:

The customer support typically responds within minutes if we contact them through online chat at their website. I have never been able to call and have their support phone answered though. They will often log into whichever computer is having a problem and fix it on the spot. It is probably best to have someone in the office that has some experience with computers. That isn't always a common employee skill which makes paying more for onsite support sound more comforting.

Junk
Alternative Medicine, 2–10 Employees

Worst EHR ever

Comments: This is a very poorly designed system which I would call zombie software since many people are forced to stay on it due to the very high cost and fraction of changing to another system. I have since moved over to a female which is much better supported, they do take a percentage of collections but compared to the nightmare of using amazing charts which almost take my practice I cannot say enough negative things about it. I cannot say the people but did try to help be transition, the IT department for courteous but I would never which this experience on anyone could shut down your practice

Pros:

I had a previous physicians practice records that was really the only reason since is a very basic system.

Cons:

The cloud-based system is really complete joke, placed on a very anxious database and essentially useless forcing me to change. They also continue to charge you for unnecessary connections but you are forced to do so if you have more than 1 or 2 people trying to access my contract at the same time.

alisa
Manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Solid EHR

Comments: I am the system administrator for a mid-sized medical practice that uses this software. I was with the practice when it migrated to Amazing Charts -- around 10 years ago. I find that it generally functions well. It doesn't quickly integrate every possible new feature, but the features it has are solid. The practice keeps pushing to switch to a cloud-based EMR (and they did so for six months, then switched back) -- but onsite server EMRs are superior when the internet goes down or is slow.

Pros:

It gets the job done, it is pretty easy for users to use, tech support is generally knowledgeable. It is easy to install. There is high-quality tech support available on the weekend for emergency issues (I have had to use this service a couple of times over the past decade.)

Cons:

As the company has been bought out, the customer support is not as responsive as it used to be. It is nearly impossible to reach them via phone, and chat is only available first thing in the morning. However, they usually call back pretty quickly, and tech support always speaks and understands good English! I dislike that the billing portion of the software is only cloud-based, and that it uses Java. The built in back up program makes a once a day complete backup -- but it doesn't cull old backups, and periodically I have to access it and delete old backups manually to free up space. New server installations require a generated key, requiring a call to tech support, which can be very inconvenient if server hardware fails. (This happened to me.)

Tamara
US
Used the Software for: Not provided

MANY good qualities! a few fixable challenges

Comments: I love the simplicity of use - there are more complicated things you CAN do but you don't have to
I love that the templates are so easy to make and its time saving and has My own way I want to express things!
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THAT WE DON"T HAVE TO CLICK AND CLICK AND CLICK! such a joy! I would just brag all the time and feel SO SMUG!
the first time I called Guardian Angel support ( as a test during the trial period) I got a call 10 minutes later from a brilliantly intelligent retired nurse in her second career -she was FABULOUS and concise and instructive! I was SOLD! They had me! HOOK LINE AND SINKER! Hurray!
REASonably priced- good for a tiny little solo practice person like me
You could give suggestions that would help with upgrades- like if you made an error in a 2015 note and typed in the person weighed 865 lbs instead of 165 you could add a late and correctly dated correction attached to that note- You CAN"t do that now but you could make the suggestion and maybe if enough people thought so that could be part of a new upgrade!
but....
Hard to reach business office! If you are short on funds + need to submit a different credit card or something- Its hard to reach anyone , guardian angels do not have the correct number but will give various wrong or disconnected numbers, after a few days trying you still don't succeed so your credit card gets charged anyway and after 3 times you get dropped from Amazing charts ( so twice now in about 9 years - seems a little harsh for someone trying to to arrange a payment- THIS could be easily fixed by having a phone #handy on the website that we can call- this is a problem SO easy to fix- if you go through various dropdowns you can find one that does not need a special password- I'm waiting for reply- would hate to loose A.C... but am looking around just in case Unfortunate change in culture of the support staff- usta be when you got them it was worthwhile- they would work with you and give various ideas and eventually the problem was solved- it was more fluid- you could suggest things like I would have suggested - why not have the Cloud reset after less time - so if you get knocked off for an inadvertent double sign on during the weekend- it would reset after maybe 4 hrs instead of 24 hrs- now they just say" No we won't do that." MAYBE they were bought in by a different company? outsourced the support staff to a different group? certainly a fixable problem!

Deborah
Owner/Nurse Practitioner in US
Medical Practice, 11–50 Employees

13 year USER - Very Discouraged

Comments: I have been using Amazing Charts since 2007.
User-friendly, easy to navigate and operate.
Horrible customer service availability.
If you have a problem with an upgrade - you are charged again for support training. Why is that not part of the support we pay for?

Pros:

Fairly user friendly. Like the chart layout.

Cons:

Cost has become an issue for a small practice. We pay (1) for the certificate, (2) for the customer service, (3) for patients portal, (4) for narcotics e- prescriptions. We pay annually per provider whether they work 1 day a month or 30 days a month, for service, support, and upgrades. Now they are tagging on taxes for these services. Nine times out of ten we can not reach support (worse since Pri-Med took over) and usually have to leave a message, it takes several days to receive a response and if the caller is not available, support leaves a message with no direct call back line and so when calling back, we start the process again. Customer support is slow and not adequate for people who do not have in house IT support. WHY should support be MANDATORY??? In messaging if you switch screens you lose what was typed why can't the message stay intact until you are finished sending. System frequently freezes when in a chart causing you to need to reboot.

3 years ago

Deborah, thanks for choosing AC EHR for the past 14 years. We apologize for the issues you experienced. We work hard to offer an affordable EHR, but occasional price increases are needed to further invest in development to enhance the product.

Jim
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Deteriorating customer service and product functionality

Comments: For those of you who plan to use EHR's as I have since 1990, be very careful. Once you have made your choice of systems you are really a prisoner of that system. The cost and disruption of switching is prohibitive. If I were earlier in my career, I would switch to something that is more dependable with excellent customer service. I would NOT use Amazing Charts. Since I am late in my career I am totally frustrated about how I will hold on with this defective EHR and poor service.

Pros:

When the EHR was produced many years ago it was simple, fast, and would run on any computer no matter how basic. Not now.

Cons:

I have been an AC user since 2003. The EHR has steadily gotten more complex, buggy, and difficult to maintain. The customer service is pathetic. When a problem develops their watchword is, "blame the customer." They do not respond to service requests in a timely manner. Sometimes they don't respond at all. Our most recent problems have been going on for weeks, but no resolution.

3 years ago

Dr. Turnage, we apologize for the issues you experienced. Please contact us if you have any additional problems or if there's anything we can do to assist you.

Rebecca
Medical Practice, 2–10 Employees

No ability to access medical records after our Physician passed away.

Comments: We were always pleased with Amazing charts. The fee per Physician was reasonable BUT....after our physician died suddenly we never hired another MD. So we never paid any future physician fees. Our system crashed after a severe storm and we called for help installing the program on another computer. We found out we had to pay $450.00 an hour to do so, reluctantly we did. The program worked maybe a month or two and again we had problems again with the SQL server, i complained and again your IT department did help us for free to fix it as the problem was on your end not ours. Within weeks we again got messages that we could not access Amazing charts. At this point our IT guy again texted your IT department and again they worked on it, it seems the problem was that Amazing charts was backing several times a day and caused us to run out of storage. ( Mind you, we have only used Amazing charts to retrieve records at requests of past patients and or Attorneys. for almost 3 years ) So your tech supposedly fixed the constant baking up. Well a week later we tried to use Amazing charts to retrieve records for another attorney and again WE CAN'T because Amazing charts is backing up at least 8-10 times a day. We called and complained and we are being told that we have to pay $450.00 an hour for your Tech Dept to again try to fix this problem. This is a problem within Amazing charts. But because we no longer pay for the physician fee we no longer have service. I NEED ACCESS!

Pros:

easy to use

Cons:

Support after our Doctor died!!!!! NO SUPPORT

3 years ago

Rebecca, we apologize for the issues you experienced. I confirmed with Support that this issue has been resolved, but please contact us if you have any additional problems.

Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Customer service down the toilet in spite $1600/year annual support fees.

Pros:

Amazing charts is intuitive and most things are found on the main screen.

Cons:

If you DO need help, forget about it. Live Chat is completely unmanned. Email support ticket opens automatically and nobody gets back to you. (I've been waiting 3 weeks now). Also, due to their own problems failures, they require urgent upgrades. They're nearly impossible to schedule, you have to pay hundreds of extra dollars and the upgrade invariably introduces new problems.

Hospital & Health Care, 501–1,000 Employees

Amazing Charts Review

Comments: Overall, a great product that I would recommend. EHRs are going to be expensive, no matter where you purchase it from. This is a solid product, solid investment.

Pros:

Amazing Charts is very easy to use. It seems like a perfect transition for those who are still using paper records, to using electronic records. I have used it mostly to document patient visits and medical record review and it has consistently been very user friendly.

Cons:

Sometimes, all of the information on one screen can be overwhelming. It helps to have 2 monitors to spread out the information.

Kerry
President in US
Medical Practice, 2–10 Employees

Death of a good emr company

Comments: Don't leave your credit card on file or they use it for purchases that you didn't request

Pros:

Ease of use and ability to use out of the box are the best features. They remain as the best features

Cons:

Sadly rather than improve the program the new owners have spent their development money on figuring out new ways to bleed owners for money features they were promised to have in the past. The current version doesn't meet the ability to meet MIPS without paying thousands of dollars in support and purchasing additional modules that should have been provided in updates. Support takes between three and five days to answer questions and the new billing department deactivates key features if you stop paying them their annual support fees. Support that used to be if you desired it is now mandatory and services are removed if you don't heed their demands for extortion. It remain cheap and affordable to start but now expect to be bled two or three times a year. Thuis used to be a great choice for small practices and now is sadly one that should be avoided

Nancy
Physician in US
Medical Practice, 2–10 Employees

Do not trust them with a credit card on file

Comments: If I could go back and select a different product i would get something else. Do NOT let them have your business credit card or debit card. We learned the hard way Lots of luck getting a live person on the phone. They debited over a thousand dollars too much, have called millions of times trying to get a refund.

Pros:

It is easy to learn to use. It is easy to print prescriptions. They can set up off site back-up. You pay for guardian support but be aware that they will not help with printers. We could not scan into the program for months and we ere on our own to figure it out.

Cons:

shuts off frequently, notes sometimes don't save, never know when I come in in the morning if it will bve working. Very few days where everything works.

Ravishankar
Spine Surgeon

The Best EHR for Small Medical Practices

Comments: I installed Amazing Charts on one of the desktop computers over one weekend in 2007 and started using it on Monday without any need for training from anyone. The online tutorials are adequate for most if not all users. The EHR itself is very self-intuitive and easy to use. I recommend transitioning from your paper charts to fully EHR over 3 to 4 months. Best if used with voice recognition software, like Dragon Naturally Speaking Medical Edition.
In terms of cost, convenience, ease of use, features and functionality and the best customer support, one cannot beat Amazing Charts. It is simply the best EHR for physicians who want to do what they like best, i.e. see and communicate with patients, and who don't want to spend their entire day being data entry professionals!

Pros:

Ease of use, excellent customer service, polite and courteous customer service reps, looks and feels like a standard paper chart, simple user intuitive interface.

Cons:

Meaningful use data compilation can be time consuming. Medication data entry could be improved.

Anna
RN
Medical Practice, 2–10 Employees

Good software for a family practice

Comments: Probably a great product if we had a different kind of practice

Pros:

Like the templates and letters, low cost as long as we keep the basic plan, practice management and meaningful use: we don't use them though

Cons:

Not appropriate for a college health clinic, scheduler is limited, good price disappears when you start adding necessary features

Tamara
physician in US
Medical Practice, 2–10 Employees

the Best of a problematic group of products

Comments: Have used amazing charts for ~ 5 years - it is the easiest most user friendly of the programs I have used

Pros:

Simplicity less clicking- also you can use the simple basic format or get fancier if you want

Cons:

as upgrades happen there is more and more clicking required

Nicole
practice admin in US

Practice Admin

Pros:

It is simple to learn the basics. It works with dragon. One does not get lost in the chart because the simplicity.

Cons:

I would like more features. We have major issues with the updating of the billing codes. The pages are not laid out in a manner that maximizes the space available. For instance the presciption writing page has huge blank gaps. I would prefer to see more of the med profile

randy

Full of Bugs Software

Pros:

I like that I can see how many times I have prescribed a medication to a patient.

Cons:

There are too many bugs in the system which get fixed in one version which then causes other bugs to be created.

8 years ago

Hi Randy, We’re sorry to hear you feel that way, but we appreciate your feedback and have passed it along to our product manager. We saw you recently upgraded to our latest version. With MU-2 behind us, this improved version of Amazing Charts EHR was driven by a decade’s worth of our users most frequent suggestions. There are dozens of improvements in our latest release, including much faster performance for things you do multiple times a day, so we hope you enjoy using this version!

Mallory
SLP in US
Medical Practice, 2–10 Employees

Took some time to learn the system, but great once established!

Comments: Would definitely recommend this program! Just be prepared for the transition process.

Pros:

Very functional - worked great for my small group of clinicians. I imagine the transition to paperless charts would have likely been hard regardless of the program, but amazingcharts made it easy.

Cons:

Learning curb was challenging for some employees, but once everyone learned the system, employees reported that it was easier.

BETH
Insurance Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Billing software

Comments: ok, nothing exceptional

Pros:

I did not like it very well, it was not user friendly

Cons:

how you had to login, the patient demographic information did not flow to other parts of the software,

Lisa
psychiatrist
Mental Health Care, Self Employed

a solo psychiatrist

Comments: This is my second EHR and is more comprehensive and yet simpler to use than the system I previously used. Since I practice an integrated style of psychiatry I appreciate having access to a full range of medical diagnostic codes.
I have not tried to utilize its meaning full use an other capabilities and am using this for comprehensive legible records rather than to meet MU.

Pros:

very straight forward, affordable the process of uploading document is much better than an earlier system used It organizes my notes in a format very comfortable for my practice style

Cons:

Getting technical assistance is frustrating as live support is never available and the call back process the next day always seems to go to voice mail. The print size is very small and not adjustable

Medical Practice, 51–200 Employees

Electronic Health Record for All Solutions

Comments: Great experience once software is learned. It can be tailored to any practice but each practice uses it differently.

Pros:

Simplicity is key and speed. Fast EHR that allows great functionality and efficiency within practice.

Cons:

Templates were not quite as functional as I had hoped. Flow is a bit tricky to learn at first.

Jody
Administrator

User review

Comments: User-friendly, easy to navigate and operate. The most challenging part is when upgrades are done that changes how a function should be done in order to capture meaningful use successfully. We don't know there is a change until we discover we're not meeting our goals then we're behind trying to catch up. Other than that it's a pretty good program.

Pros:

User-friendly. Support staff is friendly.

Cons:

System slowness, too many steps to ensure system calculates meaningful use target measures correctly. Does not have very good support when upgrades are done when it comes to a user knowledge (need to know) perspective to ensure quality measures are compliant. They now charge for training with a trainer on top of the annual support fee.

Kevin
Billing Manager in US

More bad than good

Pros:

Not much to say about it, if you're a one doctor clinic, the system is good. If you have more than one physician, find some other vendor

Cons:

Goes down daily Technical support is slow to respond Cant delete duplicate info Too many steps to post payments

8 years ago

Hi Kevin, We were told a member of our team was in touch and is working with you and your IT team to help with the issues you described above. We apologize for the inconvenience and want assure you that these issues are not the norm, so we look forward to getting them resolved.

Marcia
Medical Practice, Self Employed

Worst Software I have ever used or been exposed to...

Comments: Don't even consider using the billing portion, doesn't link to the charting portion.

Cons:

Bad support, don't call in the off hours, they have to go home, the are located in Rhode Island, so will schedule calls according to their time.

Vijay
Doctor in US
Medical Practice

Very poor customer supoport. Product as such is fairly good.

Pros:

EMR is simple and good. One screen makes it easier to use it. Person can learn this withing 1 hr easily

Cons:

Poor customer service. You get call next day or later, when you are stuck or system hangs up. When ever you call, it goes to voice message Horrible customer support system