AssetCloud Reviews

by Wasp Barcode Technologies

• Overall
    4.2/5
    4.4/5

About AssetCloud

Industry-leading asset tracking solution for organizations of all sizes looking to simplify asset management.

Learn more about AssetCloud

Lee O.
Accounting, Self Employed
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 11/03/2018

"Good Asset tracking software"

Pros: Very good software for tracking assets. Offers plenty of customisation so you can tailor for the exact type of asset that you are giving out. It also has excellent report generation software which is valuable for having an at a glance overview of how assets are being used.

Cons: I wish there was more of an offline version although this is only a minor issue as there have only been a few instances where I have would have liked to fully use it offline.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 11/03/2018
Ari M.
hardware technician
  • Reviewed on 25/05/2018

"great product. great service. always willing to assist"

Pros: service, ease of use. using the ipad to conduct our audit has been proven to save time , money and improve our overall support. we can provide better service to our customers on an ongoing basis. i would recommend this product to anyone who asks

Cons: none. ervice, ease of use. using the ipad to conduct our audit has been proven to save time , money and improve our overall support. we can provide better service to our customers on an ongoing basis.

• Reviewed on 25/05/2018
Brenda H.
Asset Administrator
Oil & Energy, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/08/2017

"Seems like a new product as it has a lot of improvements that need to be done."

Comments: The software has allowed us to begin to track our assets. We look forward to more developments as your product grows.

Pros: I like the fact that it is very user friendly. When we need to add something or make a change to an asset it is easy to figure out how to do it without help.

Cons: The system tends to be very slow. The reporting system is very weak. I should be able to pull a report on any information that I input on the system. I asked for a report back in April and it took months to get a response from a representative. It was not until we needed to purchase 10 additional users that we got someone to take action on the report request and even then the information I needed on the report was still not available. If the system has the information input it is possible to pull out the information for reporting. The app that goes with this software always has some kind of problem. We are always having to logout and log back in to get access to our information. Customer service is weak. It seems like they never have an answer for us and always have to get back to us which usually takes days.

• Reviewed on 03/08/2017
Robert N.
Computer Technician
  • Reviewed on 14/06/2018

"A huge time saver and has given us a way to be efficient and consistent with our inventory entry."

Pros: I love the fact that I don't have to worry about our users entering duplicate assets and that we have an all in one solution for entering and printing asset tags. Being able to lock in fields saves us so much time and has really helped in keeping our database consistent. It feels good knowing I can easily pull up any report on our inventory on demand.

Cons: The mobile experience isn't quite there yet but hopefully some updates will make it better in the future.

• Reviewed on 14/06/2018
Edgar S.
Service Desk Techinician
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/03/2019

"AssetCloud"

Pros: The ease of use, form customization, check in/check out, system. Overall a well rounded, cloud-based solution.

Cons: Report customization is a bit confusing but can acheive what you’re trying to accomplish

• Reviewed on 05/03/2019
IT Assistant
  • Reviewed on 05/09/2018

"If you Help desk is one of best features is that a good thing?"

Comments: The help desk is very helpful ad has been able to get me to inputting the current inventory into their system. I can download the data when I find a solution I like better so there's that. Ive been having issues with their app it crashes on my newer phone but works with my older one.

Pros: I cant really say that there was anything that blew me away it may be a solution for other businesses but not for my purposes

Cons: System is very detyailed but unintuitive. By far the worst is the inability to print more than one different label type at one time. For example I want to print a large 4x3 label for the bottom of laptops, and a simple barcode with the asset name alone on it. I would have too print the large label reset the design software and redesign the second label, I was told that this "feature" will be coming soon.

• Reviewed on 05/09/2018
Becky P.
Database Administrator

"Great Product"

Comments: At this time, our company has been using WASP for a year and a half. Every level of personnel that deal with inventory find WASP to be a much better product than our previous software. Conversion to WASP was very painless and hassle free. We were able to import all data from the old system and do some clean up in the process as well. The trainer we were sent was exceptional on all levels and worked very well with all our staff. Our data entry staff find WASP to be very user friendly and often comment on how easy it is to take care of their daily inventory additions, moves, disposals, etc. Because of the ease of use, we find that our data entry time has been cut significantly since converting from our previous inventory tracking software and we have also found inventory audit time has been cut significantly. The reason for giving 4 stars instead of 5, is the reporting feature. We would like to see reports that offer customization. In our business, we are often required to provide information that is not available on the built in reports. It is my understanding that this will be added to WASP in the near future and at that time I expect to be able to give WASP a full 5 stars.

Darla S.
Computer Systems Administrator
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2015

"I would highly recommend this software."

Comments: We have been using Mobile Asset through several versions/upgrades beginning with v3. Wasp has the best customer service. I have used their customer service many, many times and always receive the assistance I need on the day I call in. Even when our Mobile Asset was two revisions behind, and they had discontinued our product version, they still gave me support. When we upgraded our environment from Novell to Microsoft they were fabulous in assisting to move the database. We use a hand held scanner and perform yearly audits, we have not upgraded the label printer or handheld scanner since the original purchase it just keeps working. There is no year fee with the software. By far the biggest bang for your buck. The only down side is if you want custom reports. The reports are done in using Crystal, which isn't as user friendly to create new reports as I would like, if you want a report that is not included in their pre-made reports it is a little more difficult, but over all I have been able to manage and this one difficulty is nothing on the overall satisfaction I have with this software, and Wasp's customer service.

• Reviewed on 26/03/2015
Mak W.
Analyst
  • Reviewed on 09/07/2018

"We use Wasp Asset Cloud primarily to perform equipment inventory audits. Great product!"

Pros: It works great - especially when used in tandem with their barcode scanner and mobile app. You can scan a barcode, make changes to the asset information in the mobile app, then upload the changes to the cloud.

Cons: The iPad app tends to lag a bit after a few hours of consistent use. I've learned that closing the app for a couple of minutes usually fixes the issue.

• Reviewed on 09/07/2018
Matthew C.
Logistics Manager
Military, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/10/2019

"Just not for us"

Comments: I was brought on to my company after they had already purchased the software, and was tasked with rolling it out. I found it rather difficult, I called their customer support several times and they were very helpful each time, but the software ended up being far too in depth for what we wanted.

Pros: I enjoyed the organization within the software itself. And the customer service was fantastic.

Cons: The software was way too fluent. You had to input anything and everything, there was no ease of use as far as setting up mass amounts.

• Reviewed on 15/10/2019
Matthew B.
IT Specialist
Consumer Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/09/2016

"Great Software for our Business"

Comments: Our IT Dept was in need of a Inventory system to keep track of our assets. We had tried a couple other solutions and could not find a good fit for our needs. Until we went with Asset Cloud . The Software is great and very intuitive and allows us to keep track of all our devices.

Pros: Very intuitive and powerful. Once you have spent sometime with the software and input your values your only a few clicks away from adding new assets!

Cons: It is limited to the cloud so you will need a good internet connection.

• Reviewed on 22/09/2016
Laura N.
  • Reviewed on 08/09/2016

"Great Product- if not always user friendly"

Comments: I think AssetCloud is a quality product! It is really helping our school district to get a handle on tracking our theft-sensitive assets. I don't necessarily feel like it's the most user-friendly software. It's not intuitive. It wasn't until I had the WebEx training that I learned how to use the software. But with that training, I see how versatile the software is. I'm excited for how it's going to save time and help us be more efficient. Customer Service is where AssetCloud really excels! Whenever I've called, I've been met with a friendly response and helpful advocates. The people really know their stuff and during phone conversations, I don't ever feel like they are trying to get to the next call or the next customer. Their focus is 100% on meeting my needs, whether that takes 5 minutes or an hour.

Tom G.
Maintenance Manager
Facilities Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/08/2016

"Tom Grimm maintenance"

Comments: I have found that the asset cloud software is exactly what we need here at spplus. We are a management co for several parking garages and surface lots, i have several pieces of equipment stored at various different locations, by utilizing the benefits of the software it has been easy for me to track where everything comes and goes on a daily basis.

Pros: the ease of the format for imputing information

Cons: nothing so far

• Reviewed on 04/08/2016
Tammy L.
  • Reviewed on 02/02/2015

"Positive Experience with Mobile Asset"

Comments: We initially invested in Wasp MobileAsset due to our company continuous purchase of IP phones and other equipment for when a new employee started. We had been utilizing an excel sheet to keep track of which employee had which phone and laptop but kept running into issues with updating and typos. Wasp software allowed us to create a database and check in/out the necessary assets along with run reports. Another benefit we saw but wasn't expected was the audit function in the software. Now we do yearly audits on all of our company assets from the chairs to the buildings. This has allowed us to catch assets that are no longer with us and remove them from the tax books savings us countless tax dollars.

Paul V.
AVP Tech Specialist
  • Reviewed on 02/02/2015

"Makes Asset Management Manageable"

Comments: We have been using Mobile Asset since 2008. It really helped us keep track of our leased equipment. Once it is setup it will enable you to know exactly where your equipment is. This month alone it saved us over $1,000 in over charges to the lease company. That's in addition to countless man hours it would have taken to find our equipment using our old system. It is easy to use, and it works with the manufactures' bar codes. You also get software to create your own barcodes to make your own asset tags. We use the barcoded serial numbers that come on all of our equipment. Cons: You do have to make sure your people use the product for it to be of value, it will not track equipment by itself.

Tom O.
Senior Operations Assistant
  • Reviewed on 03/02/2015

"Mobile Asset has been Invaluable to Our Work"

Comments: We have a huge amount of equipment which changes hands between staff and offices across the country on a constant basis. This equipment requires maintenance records and condition notes as well as a whole lot more information. Wasp seemed the obvious solution and we have not been disappointed. We can now control an accurate inventory centrally while still allowing certain access by staff in our regional offices. When setting the system up I was provided by fantastic remote support via email, phone and remote log in. The people assisting were polite, knowledgeable and no question was to basic and they were always happy to help. Great product and service!

• Reviewed on 03/02/2015
Scott M.
Inventory Control Coordinator

"Great Product"

Comments: We have been using Mobile Asset for over a year now. We are very happy with the overall use of the product. As the primary user I am constantly finding new and innovative ways to use the product to fulfill it's primary function as well as generate the varied types of reports that different departments need. Our secondary users have a little trouble as they do not interact with the software daily. Training and tutorials were fantastic. We get a lot of sales emails from Wasp that is our only complaint. I would highly recommend this product.

Tyler P.
Information Technology
Construction, 51-200 Employees

"WMSchlosser Review"

Comments: Every time i have had to make a call some one has answered and given me the answer i was looking for.

Pros: The ease of use and customization

Cons: The label software gave me some trouble with windows 10

Wesley H.
Operations Manager/Owner
  • Reviewed on 27/03/2015

"It has taken my company asset organization to a new level."

Comments: I love this product! We had no solid way of tracking our assets in real time. With over 100 transactions a day, this was quite a headache. We now know where every asset is at a glance, and we know what is available when needed. Another huge bonus is tracking history, maintenance, and knowing what our costs actually are. Not to mention knowing the exact warehouse, shelf and bin location of everything. The program is flexible, and intuitive.

Cait L.
Consumer Goods, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/08/2016

"New to Inventory - Enjoying the Program"

Comments: Customer service has been bar none. System proving very easy to use. I very much enjoy the fact it has a mobile app. And that it is compatible with the motorola scanners.

• Reviewed on 18/08/2016
Brent H.
IT Director
  • Reviewed on 13/06/2017

"Have had trouble getting support when needed - including sales as well as tech support"

Pros: It is cloud based and accessible anywhere that I am. It will be nice to be able to use it anywhere once I get it setup.

Cons: Have to buy the complete to be able to modify label formats. No one told us that and I do not remember seeing it anywhere in the documentation. Did support chat, they told me I had to call in to get support on it. Called in and it took 20 mins for someone to tell me that I hadn't purchased the complete so I couldn't edit my labels.

• Reviewed on 13/06/2017
Brenda M.
Business Manager
  • Reviewed on 27/03/2015

"Very Good Program for Small Business"

Comments: The program is a wonderful way to label and track assets. The system allows you to put as much or as little information about an asset as you would like. The only cons I have found are that if you run into a technical issue many times you have to leave a message for someone to contact you instead of being able to speak to a rep immediately.

Andrew B.
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2016

"Quentin O'Dell"

Comments: Our IT department needed a Asset Software. I came across this Wasp Asset Cloud and so far it has made my job easier. (Customer Success Advocate) was very thoughtful and answering all my questions/concerns I had about the software. I know I can count on him again if I come across a question or concern.

• Reviewed on 30/09/2016
Colin K.
  • Reviewed on 30/03/2015

"MobileAsset - Outstanding Value for Money"

Comments: I have worked with the MobileAsset software for years. It is very good value for money. It is simple software to set up and to use. The videos and the customer support are very informative. I recommend it for anyone who wants a simple, powerful asset management solution that is robust but won't take a lot of time to set up.

• Reviewed on 30/03/2015
Alisa A.
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/05/2018

"Very dissapointed in this software"

Comments: Non really it was a waste of money in my opinion

Pros: I liked the concept of being able to let my employees access all inventory and track at any time it seemed like a great idea

Cons: Over priced! and hard to learn the software! it is just very difficult and very expensive and price almost doubles with every user!

• Reviewed on 09/05/2018