15 years helping Israeli businesses

About Toggl Track

Leading cloud-based time tracking app for small and big teams. Easy implementation, powerful reports, multi-device and offline support.

Learn more about Toggl Track

Pros:

Was using this with our tech support and content development teams. Does a nice job and allows for very specific tracking and time management.

Cons:

One annoying feature is that you can't pause sessions; you have to stop it, and create a new one. You end up with a couple of 5 second sessions.

Toggl Track ratings

4.7
4.5
4.5
4.6

9.0/10

Toggl Track has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 2,317 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Toggl Track before?

Filter reviews (2,317)

Bill
Bill
Creative Director in US
Graphic Design Software, Self Employed

Toggl Track - A MUST for Freelancers

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Easy, friendly time tracking (and more) tool. I use it every day! Toggl Track has made me a lot of money by informing me of just how much time I actually spend on a project.

Pros:

Toggl Track is so easy to use - a Graphic Designer can use it! And I do! It was simple to set up and get rolling. Adding clients and projects is simple. The interface makes it easy, and the Help features make things even easier.

Cons:

Can't really say what that might be. I LOVE this tool and it is brilliant for my business.

Rene
Resultant in Netherlands
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Great timetracking and reporting tool

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Great experience. Would like to see improvement on the weak parts, but these wouldn't stop me from using Toggl by any means.

Pros:

Ease of use, stability, features, tracking local activities on pc's to assign time worked on projects afterwards if you forgot to start a timer. It does a great job dividing tasks into several chunks according to activity.

Cons:

The userinterface, for instance searching for and managing projects and clients is clumsy and could be a lot more streamlined.

Oil & Energy, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Time manager lacking development

2.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Initial program as previously indicated, easy setup, good initial price, but with a fairly high lack of development. We believe that this prevented us from having it as number one since our needs rose and we needed immediate data and access that the program did not provide us with.

Pros:

One of the first time management applications that we used in the team at my company Chevron, we really believe that it was the best but it lacked development, the strong point is that it is at an affordable price, long-term and major clauses could be modified benefits, on the other hand it gave rise to a culture of taking time in the company, before we did not have that capacity to realize the time we were wasting, and this application was originally a good test and started saving time as it should.

Cons:

Good time taking, but very limited, remote control did not work, difficult access to collaborators with a pin that did not reach, bad support among other characteristics.

Adrian
Senior Developer in Spain
Computer & Network Security, 11–50 Employees

Ideal for working remotely

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: As a full-time remote employee that is constantly changing the task I'm working at, just by the arriving of an email or a phone call, this software is key for knowing where did I spend my working time.

Pros:

I liked it has software for different platforms: desktop, web, mobile, ... and all work great. It's also very easy to create a report of my work to HR or my boss. I also like the weekly reports or the reminder when I forget to stop a task

Cons:

I find it a bit tricky when you forget to switch to a different task, and find out later. I really feel like I'm cheating.

Michal
CFO in Slovakia
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Toggl Track - Great VALUE FOR MONEY

5.0 last month New

Pros:

ease of use and value for money, it is great for time tracking and planning

Cons:

sometimes we miss really small feature and it is in higher package but, it is not valuable for us to upgrade, but is little bit frustrated, that for XY eur we have 98% functionality and we would have to pay 100% more if we want 2% more in functionalities.

Chief Engineer in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Self Employed

Use this daily for T&M contract work

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: I used this software package from 2017 to 2020 and when I had a choice in 2024, I did not hesitate to come back

Pros:

This is an easy to set and up use piece of software. I like the desktop + web + phone tools. Reporting and tracking is easy to use, report, correct entries when errors are found (also by using the decent reporting tools)

Cons:

There are a lot of pop ups on the web tool that do not add value to my use or experience. These pop ups appear to be trying to get me to upgrade - but I'm really not interested in doubling the investment here - give it up already

Kasey
Attorney and Mediator in US
Legal Services, 2–10 Employees

Great time tracking app!

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

They are continually improving the product. It works on web, desktop, mobile and syncs once you're back online if you're in an area without good mobile data.

Cons:

Some new features need the kinks worked out. Also some new features, I'm just not sure how to use them.

Ms.Alexis
CEO in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

The best time tracking system

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: It has been a wonderful experience. However, I hope that they can become DCAA compliant in the US. We plan to go after government contracts and Toggl is not DCAA compliant and we will have to switch. That will be a very sad day for us.

Pros:

Online Time Clock Reporting User Friendly

Cons:

Can't think of anything that I like least about the software.

Noam
Owner in Israel
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

I love Toggle Track

5.0 last month New

Comments: I use it everyday any time, I'm not working without it, my and my entire team.

Pros:

I don't see any cons, I came to a point that I can't manage my business without using Toggl Track

Cons:

I don't have any dislike about Toggle Track

Andreas
Dunno in Sweden
Program Development, 11–50 Employees

Great tool for tracking remote work

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Contains mostly all feature we need. Easy to use. Supports all platforms.

Cons:

Missing a possibility to distinguish between day work and night work. Why? We charge our clients the double for night work and has no current way of doing this in an easy way.

Entertainment, Self Employed

Best Time Tracker, hands down!

Comments: My time was slipping away and I didn't know where it was all going. Waiting for files to render means 4-10 minutes of time twiddling my thumbs; then picking up on some other task like replying to emails that I would like to do for the ten minutes. That quickly turns into 40 minutes and then the momentum is gone! I don't know how long Ive been working on what and then all of a sudden its 5pm and its all over! Toggl makes the day seem worth it. When you can accurately track your time you can see where you are slipping up; going over; losing money and it helps get over the pitfalls of a busy and variety filled work day. If you work with multiple clients, have many different types of tasks, or you want to know how much to bill a client (a function I didnt use it for as I work for myself) Toggl is the job. I can think of so many more uses for it that don't apply to me or my business but its robust and really well integrated with loads of other apps.

Pros:

Toggl is so easy to use! There is an auto function that gathers info on what you are doing on your computer and you can then review the items in 15 minute chunks; by app, by webpage or by document. Its such an easy way to automatically track your time so you aren't fussing with buttons etc. Really easy and beautiful interface too. The app integrations are great and work with apps like Asana and Trello really well.

Cons:

Some small bugs when switching from apps too quickly and the mobile app doesn't have the same amount of functionality as the desktop version (which is to be expected of course) Other than that its pretty solid.

Bigue
Sole Executive in Canada
Internet, Self Employed

Simply the best time tracking solution freely available for self-employed and freelance

Comments: Toggl is simply wonderful, very close to perfect to me.

Pros:

I was tired of wasting a fortune with paid services just to track the time spent on an handful of tasks when working for my clients. I tried a few solutions out there, but all were paid, loaded with features that I didn't even need, and were a bit of a mess to navigate through just to manage my hours of issue a simple time report. I'm so glad I found Toggl : the basic free tier offers everything I need, has a sleek interface and is a bliss to use on a daily basis. Just select the project, type what you're doing and hit the "start" button to start tracking. Every previous task has a "start" button, it's as easy as one click to resume work on an existing task ! Editing time entries is as intuitive as editing text, and generating full-fledge, good looking detailed reports by client/project/task type for any time period is as easy as checking a few boxes and selecting the dates. The free version has everything you need for perfect time tracking for a single person. Simply perfect.

Cons:

None, really, apart from a few very minor annoyances I found with the browser UI : - Some quirks when editing time entries, but you get used to the way the time editing UI works with experience. - In some specific states, clicking the "start" button has no effect, so you end up not having tracked your time after doing a task. It still happens to me from time to time. This can be annoying, so I have to keep a vigilent eye the status icon (browser tab icon) when I'm working on something.

Abby
Abby
Web Designer in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Couldn't survive in business without Toggl

Comments: I've been using the free version for about 3 years I think. It's critical to my business. It doesn't have so many features that it's frustrating - it's just nice and simple. The paid version has WAY more features and tools that would be useful for a business of more than 1 person, or for someone who's a better business person than I am.

Pros:

It's very easy to use, and the FREE version is all I need. I have a little app that runs on my computer that even reminds me to track my time if I'm not timing. I get really wrapped up in what I do, so it's easy for me to spend way longer than I anticipated on things. Being a solo entrepreneur, it was critical early on when I was trying to figure out how long things actually took me to do. I don't think I'd have been able to develop a clear enough pricing strategy for projects because I literally had no idea how long it took me.

Cons:

The Windows app does undergo changes every now and then, so it gets a little glitchy. Right now, I can't hide the timer away like I used to be able to. I'm sure that'll be fixed by next updated but in the meantime it's only a minor annoyance for the benefit of the program. Which again, is FREE.

Mir Fida
Mir Fida
Web Designer in Pakistan
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Efficient and convenient work schedule tracking & management

Comments: I would recommend it for any beginner to medium level startup, freelancers or micro-businesses looking to improve work productivity. With generous free version feature one can easily learn and apply all the features required in daily work routine. As requirements grows then shift to paid version to get maximum features at reasonable price, which is worth for growing business.

Pros:

Most importantly it helped increase our productivity, decreased business cost and manage workflow efficiently. Best feature is project time tracking. Setting-up and managing employees timesheets is a feature we use on daily basis. One of the useful features we love is to adding tags to time entries for to classify projects. Can be used offline (when internet disconnects) to gather information and sync data when we get online automatically and then Reports generated are well presented and provide quite insightful view for our daily work activities. Easy to log time for tasks & sub tasks assigned to a all members of a team working on a project on different devices. Available as chrome extension and mobile app which we look forward to use for up coming projects. Integration with other collaboration tools like Asana and Trello saves much hassle.

Cons:

Some less frequently used features and tools are difficult to find when needed. Minor bugs are encountered when switching workspaces. There are also some tool limitation for planning and management. We hope it will be solved in future updates.

Andualem
Researcher in Taiwan
Biotechnology, 11–50 Employees

Efficient Time Tracking with Toggl Track

Comments: So far, my experience has been great! The interface is really easy to use and I can quickly start and stop timers for different activities throughout the day. I also appreciate the detailed reporting, which allows me to see how much time I've spent on each task and project.One thing I've noticed is that the constant time tracking can be a bit distracting at times, but I've found that it's helped me stay more focused and mindful of how I'm spending my time.

Pros:

1.Easy to use interface makes it simple to start and stop timers for different tasks2.Detailed reporting allows for in-depth analysis of time spent on various projects and activities3.Integrates with other popular tools like Asana, Trello, and Slack to streamline workflow4.Offers a free version as well as paid plans with additional features and support

Cons:

1.Limited functionality in the free version, with some features only available in paid plans2.Reports can be overwhelming for users who are not used to tracking their time3.Some users may find the constant time tracking to be intrusive or distracting

Danielle
Danielle
Director Of Operations in US
Design, Self Employed

For clients who buy hours, this helps

Comments: I use the free version and it's been fabulous for my business. I have clients that buy a few hours of work with me and this helps me make sure that I'm on track and not giving away free time. I really enjoy that it's in the browser too.

Pros:

Browser extension that reminds me to actually clock my time. It's nuts. I'll be on a website working on a project and it reminds me to actually push the button and track what I'm doing. Love it. It also lets me group stuff by project.

Cons:

Maybe if it had an audible alarm to alert you when closing out of a browser instead of leaving the timer on. I normally have to go back and edit my time because it then says it took 29 hours to do something. An alarm or something that goes off when closing down would really help me avoid that.

Justin
Web Developer in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Count the Seconds, Literally

Comments: Toggle Track allows me to see how I am spending my time and what is giving me the best return. I can also determine which tasks to outsource or drop completely if they are not benefiting me or my business.

Pros:

The ease of setup and use was huge for me. The mobile and desktop apps are clean, modern, and easy to use. I can track anything at any time, and I use it daily for both business and personal use.

Cons:

It is sometimes frustrating to accidentally drag time segments around while scrolling the calendar and not having a way to undo those changes can lead to issues with chronology, which I often use to reflect on my day.

Internet, 2–10 Employees

Good choice for time tracking app

Comments: Despite being used to the interface of other software it was basically very similar so its operation was very simple. Perhaps because it is one of the oldest tools on the market in this area, toggl ends up being the most stable option I have experience with. In my time of use, I had situations in which toggl was available and the other tool was not, It happens the other way around as well, toggl also had problems, but they were in a much smaller amount.

Pros:

It provides a fast and simple interface to track time and manage tasks time spread directly integrated to Atlassian Jira with browser plugins.

Cons:

I use another software tool to perform a personal time tracking and toggl does not have a natural and out of the box plugin to it in a way I used toggl to control task level time span and another application to track project wide time span

Anastasia
Head of Digital development in Canada
Construction Software, 11–50 Employees

We started with people's interpretations of Excel sheets for hours and ended with a unified Toggl

Comments: Billing for billable hours is a lot more simple now, we used to get a lot of push back from clients on how many hours we were billing for and where the time went but had not much to show since time sheets were random excel hours, but now we can pull a report that shows exactly who worked what when, and have it show in as much or as little detail as the clients request. Much more transparent on our side.

Pros:

UI is super simple. Within a day we had it set up and were using it. We refined our outputs and inputs over the next couple of months to find a way to present information that worked, but teaching new hires is a ten minute explanation with minor review points through the first month of use. Wildly easy to integrate

Cons:

Only note is a little more editability in "roles" only Admin or user limits one too much and the other too little I want another role in between that we can set up permissions on.

Lindsay
Operations Administrator in US
Media Production, 2–10 Employees

We haven't considered changing tools since the beginning!

Comments: We have employees that use the Toggl Chrome extension and others using the desktop version. We also have it on our mobile devices. We run reports for payroll and we run reports to see how much time we spend doing a, b or c, and therefore, we are able to see what profit or loss we accumulated on a specific project, based on our original quote. It's not too complex nor too simple to meet our needs.

Pros:

Toggl allows an employer to see all employees' details in one "team" location. The reports are wonderful. Toggl is easy to use. It connects well with other tools like Asana. Very few (if any) glitches/bugs on the important things. Aesthetically clean and easy to navigate. Updates quickly. I receive a weekly report of hours worked, classified by time spent per project. Great tagging system. Allows you to list your clients and projects so that everything stays organized. You can also add a description for any entry. Can easily pick up where you left off without having to re-enter the details of what you're working on. Great searching feature that allows you to see all work done in a time period, by group of employees, with certain key word or with one or multiple tags.

Cons:

It would be nice if you could customize the reports more. For example, I would like to print a PDF of a report showing all time entries but not showing who was the user for each entry. There have also been some features that I've struggled to figure out how to navigate or turn off and on. For example, Toggl started creating a new entry every time I paused and resumed instead of resuming the same entry. Once resolved, it has worked great, but it took me a while to figure out what setting was causing the issue.

George
Program Advisor in Australia
Nonprofit Organization Management, 501–1,000 Employees

Everyone Needs Timer

Comments: I love it. Since I started time tracking my tasks, I am an efficient person and it actually makes the whole thing more enjoyable and fun.

Pros:

- Who doesn't' need a timer? In my opinion, people should employ the use of timers to manage their tasks. It no doubt makes you more efficient. Like when you see that timer running, with that ticking sound, you want to race with it and hopefully finish your task at the time you planned to finish it. The moment you don't use a timer, its like there is no accountability. Most of the times you end up spending more time on tasks that you would have wanted to. - I have also noticed that the moment you don't use a timer when completing tasks, you are very prone to destructions in the middle of doing the tasks. - Toggle Track gives you all the functionalities you would need in a timer - reporting, sound functionality, it's also pretty easy to use. It is also a free app!- I also like that I can easily access it via my smart phone and through my browser when am on my laptop. That is pretty convenient for me.

Cons:

There is nothing I can say I do not like about Toggle Track at this point. Maybe I can mention a wish. I wish Toggle Track can be integrated with Microsoft To and Google Tasks to work together, because I use Microsoft To Do and Google tasks as my to apps but both do not have an inbuilt timer functionality.

Nadine
Director, Business Solutions in Canada
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Toggl is a great tool to centrally manage/track time against our projects

Comments: I have had no issues with using Toggl. We have been using it since before it did all of the extra cool stuff for project management, etc. so the core of the application has always been a great tool for us.

Pros:

Toggle is very easy to use. The Windows app has an easy punch in and punch out function allowing quick changes in time management.The integration with JIRA (our task management software for development projects) has made the process even simpler.The support team for toggle surprise me by their greatness every time I need them - it is rare to find a company with a responsive and helpful support team available. I have yet to leave a support chat unsatisfied or frustrated.

Cons:

Because this is mandatory I'll insert the one thing I don't like. I think the tiered pricing for features can be a bit annoying. As features are added to the time tracking tool they are at an additional cost which I'm not looking to increase the costs of the tool at this time but would like to see additional features within the licensed product I use as it is good to have ongoing improvements.

Michelle
Seamstress in US
Arts & Crafts, 2–10 Employees

Time management has never been so easy!

Comments: It is great! After our first week with Toggl, my son was able to decrease the amount of time he spent getting distracted by a full hour each day. When I showed him just how much time he was spending on each class, and how much quicker he finished his assignments when he just focused he was able to see the positives.

Pros:

I use Toggl to track both mine and my child's schoolwork on a daily basis. While he is simply navigating third grade compared to my taking classes to receive my bachelor's degree, Toggl helps us both immensely. The ability to track how much time you spend on each class is very helpful and let's you see just how productive you are. You can see how much time you have spent on a specific task/class or during a specific time period. This allows you to see which areas you might be spending too much time on. Toggl has shown me that I was spending roughly the same amount of time working on each classes' assignments, apart from one class. I further noted that I spent an additional 30 minutes a day finishing my work for Accounting and planned my future days accordingly. What I really love about it is how it allows me to track how much time my son is spending on each of his classes, especially since he is in virtual online school this year. There have been times where instead of learning his multiplication problems in Math, I have found him watching videos on Youtube and with Toggl tracking how much time he spends on each class I can easily see when and where he is getting distracted or may need help.

Cons:

It is much better to use Toggl on a desktop VS your phone, in my opinion. The text is very small and hard to read on the phone.

Nathan
Nathan
Environmental Scientist in US
Civil Engineering, 51–200 Employees

Super simple clean time tracking software, though recent changes make it less useful

Comments: It's the best cloud based time tracking option out there, period.

Pros:

I love that Toggl is quick to set up new projects and get to work. It shouldn't be a big deal to start tracking your time, because it's such a minimalistic task, but a lot of time trackers make it a big thing to start a project. I also like that it's cloud based, so no matter which office I'm working from, it's not a big deal. I like that it takes time entries in various formats (like I can type in 1h, or 60:00, or 1:00 and it understands them all), and I like that it's painless to switch projects (which I do every time a co-worker comes to ask me a question).

Cons:

I don't like the recent changes that don't let you see your history without generating a report. I also wish it integrated with Google Calendar/Outlook and would automatically import meetings/scheduled events and tag them with the correct project (or ask me if they ought to be tagged). I also don't like that it runs until you turn it off, without reminders or updates - like it'll run 8 hours and send me a reminder, but if I ignore that single note, it stops. I would like it to send multiple updates, or have the ability to cut off, and to send me a notification/alert to start it again the next morning, because sometimes I'll forget and come back two days later to find 48 hours tracked to a single project.

Laura
Laura
Owner in US

When I get this app set up, I'll be able to track multiple projects!

Comments: Better organization of workflow in my business and clearer understanding of where I'm making money and losing money!

Pros:

Ability to track multiple activities - my time spent on marketing my biz, billable time with clients, research hours, learning time, and if I want to track personal time I can. I want to do more with less and tracking hours for billing uses lots of time. This was recommended to me as a time saving organizational tool. The free version is fairly robust (good details on their website https://toggl.com/feature-list/) and the help files are good. I'm a solopreneur, have started with the free version. It allows Up to 5 team members, Unlimited Projects, Reliable reporting plus 26 other features. The Starter version is isn't a huge expense and has 41 features compared to 29 features in the free version. The Billable Rates and Rounding in Reports, and Save Reports for easy access are the two features that will be most time-saving for me. Since I'm planning to scale up, it would be useful to track subcontractors' time working on specific projects.

Cons:

The app will track lots of different things so it is kind of complicated to set up. I first tried to set Toggl up on my phone as I will be tracking most of my hours on my phone. This wasn't 100% successful as my phone is small, and typing and reading details is a bit tricky. I decided to set it up on my computer then track time there and on my phone depending on where I'm working. I wanted to set up as accurately as possible to utilize it well. It's much easier to open new windows for help files and tutorials while on the computer. The free version is very useful and I like seeing all my projects and how my time is spread among them. However, I was disappointed that the feature that would streamline my processes the most - creating billable time entries - requires purchasing a paid plan. (I recognize this is smart marketing for the growth of the business.)