15 years helping Israeli businesses

About Sage Intacct

Save 40+ hours/month on financial reporting, gain real-time visibility into business performance. Ideal for organizations >$5M revenue.

Learn more about Sage Intacct

Pros:

Anyone with multiple locations will benefit from this platform. With some experience, the reports are extremely customizable to your exact needs as well.

Cons:

I wouldn't mind if there was a "lite" or "simple" solution. But I guess I can see where that would undermine the overall software architecture.

Sage Intacct ratings

4.1
4.0
4.2
4.1

7.9/10

Sage Intacct has an overall rating of 4.2 out 5 stars based on 461 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Sage Intacct before?

Chelsea
Chelsea
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Intacct User Review

Comments: Overall we have been very impressed from the product itself to the customer service as well.

Pros:

I absolutely love the integrations with other software, it has made our life so much easier and streamlined our month-end close process by a lot!

Cons:

Nothing yet - so far the team has been great and we are able to usually find a way to make anything work that we need.

Alan
Alan
Human Resources Generalist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

Increase efficiency and reduce human data entry to control errors

Comments: Before, we were using Quickbooks, and it was a pain to consolidate financials because we couldn't have more than two businesses open at once. Sage allows you to work in as many separate entities as necessary while yet having the ability to aggregate your financial data automatically if so configured.

Pros:

Sage Intacct's real-time budget visibility and user-friendliness are two of my favorite features. Putting in an order for purchase and checking to see whether we have the correct estimate before submitting it is also a huge plus in my book. It's incredibly simple to operate. Our previous method was likewise simple to pick up. Our team was able to quickly put this into action.

Cons:

The drawback is short-lived and might not even affect all users. Getting proficient in its use, something that is both necessary and anticipated.

Solomon
Project manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Our Awesomeferrical Cloud accounting and expense tool.

Pros:

It easily automates our finance and accounting processes. The user interface is so easy and userfriendly for us to use.

Cons:

So far we can not complain of a dislike.

Stanley
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Don't understand the hype

Comments: We bought a canned package for our industry which was supposedly pre setup out of the box. It wasn't, many of the functions are still not working such as ASC 606 Deferred Revenue. The implementation was a disaster and we are still fixing bugs so it is not working anywhere near the way it should.
The represented integrations turned out not to exist.
Also functionality which to me should just be part of the package are not and it seems when you bring it to their attention all they want to do is upsell you a support package to fix what should be integral to the package already.
Very disappointed if I had to do it over probably would have kept looking and not made the switch.
There were so many misrepresentations as to functionality and integrations it wasn't worth it.

Pros:

Ability to extract Data for reporting purposes

Cons:

The functionality is quite frankly poor at best. The user interface in 1980's.

Krystal
Software Solutions Manager in US
Accounting Software, 11–50 Employees

Sage Intacct - making complicated accounting more user friendly

Comments: Sage Intacct is a very decent system that I would recommend for the high volume client or med to large businesses. It is easy to manipulate but kind of difficult to learn all of the moving parts. It does integrate with a lot of other cloud based systems.

Pros:

Sage Intacct is a robust system that allows the user to manage many parts of their financials in one program.

Cons:

There are almost too many parts to the system that make it difficult to teach and understand. Posted vs non-posted accounts for one makes reconciling difficult at times.

Lillian
Lillian
Human Resources Generalist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

Transforming Financial Management with Precision

Comments: My overall experience with Sage Intacct has been nothing short of exceptional. The program has significantly streamlined our financial management processes, reducing manual effort and minimizing errors.

Pros:

Sage Intacct has become the backbone of our financial management operations. The program's robust accounting and reporting capabilities are outstanding. I appreciate the flexibility it offers in creating custom financial reports, providing a tailored view of our organization's financial health.

Cons:

While Sage Intacct excels in financial management, enhancing the mobile app's features for on-the-go access would be beneficial. Adding more comprehensive functionalities such as invoice approvals and expense tracking on the mobile platform would improve accessibility and flexibility.

Seseyon
Customer Relations Officer in US
Financial Services Software, 51–200 Employees

Simple with financial management

Pros:

I like it's financial reports and grants check systems. With it we can analyze data easily and efficiently. Has allowed us to track our payments

Cons:

It works perfectly and it has great features, so no dislike.

Natasha
Senior Finance Manager in UK
Accounting Software, 2–10 Employees

Sage Intacct Review - Daily User

4.0 last month New

Comments: Would certainly recommend Sage Intacct. The automation of everything makes day to day tasks streamline and effective.

Pros:

Very user friendly. Each element of the programme I find works well and produces what I need it to.

Cons:

Currently I do not have any negative thoughts regarding Sage Intacct, I do wish to utilise further areas of it, but my only slight remark would be there is not an easy access to additional help.

Campbell
Accounting Manager in US
Hospitality, 51–200 Employees

Sage Review

4.0 last month New

Pros:

I like the interface and user-friendly nature of the reports.

Cons:

My least favourite part about Sage was the learning curve and the programs differences from my previous software.

Manav
Actuarial Analyst in UK
Financial Services Software, 51–200 Employees

Review of Sage

Pros:

Easy to use and convenient software. Layout and structure is also commendable

Cons:

Have not used it for that long therefore not sure about all the features

Shayla
Shayla
Human Resources Specialist in US
Internet, 1,001–5,000 Employees

It's my favorite accounting and financial management software

Comments: When put to its intended use, Sage Intacct excels. We've been able to streamline the recording of transactions involving many departments or money, which has improved our reporting capabilities and saved us time. Sage Intacct is the accounting software we use to manage the intricacies of running our business.

Pros:

Sage Intacct allows us to import the statement, conduct an in-depth analysis, keep tabs on past payments, and make adjustments to upcoming payments. The entire accounting process, from purchasing through the general ledger to accounts payable and receivable, is handled by Sage Intacct.

Cons:

Using it is a bit of a struggle. It takes months to work efficiently, in my experience. Starting something you've never done before is always difficult. While robust, customizing the reports and dashboard features is a slog.

System Administrator in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Timesheet entries and payroll totals always agree

Comments: Due to the product's user-friendliness and ease of access, just basic instruction is needed to get started. The issue of creating a database for tracking firm logistics like time, money, etc. Sage Intacct enables the records to be organized in a clear and straightforward fashion.

Pros:

The AP invoice processing and reporting features, as well as the flexible reporting options, are exceptional. The fact that it is web-based is a significant improvement over the prior Sage 50 version and allows for greater flexibility when working remotely.

Cons:

I found some of the terminology to be a little annoying, but other than that, my experience has been nothing but great. The inability to make adjustments based on individual preferences is frustrating, especially when using it on a daily basis is mandatory.

Grace
Finance Manager in Canada
Entertainment, 11–50 Employees

Did not like this Sage product

Comments: Extremely pricey with a lot of promises made from their sales people but not a lot more function than Wave, Quickbooks Online or Xero.

Pros:

What originally attracted us to this platform was the ability to do cloud accounting so everything was not centralized to one desktop application. We also liked how this platform could invoice AND process payments as that makes bank reconciliations a lot cleaner.

Cons:

There was not a lot of instruction given around how to do certain tasks and we were not able to fully utilize this platform to the ability the salesperson pitched. This was mainly just used for financial report, AP and AR but we were told it had cash management and forecasting capabilities which we were never trained to use.

Tina
Director in US
Accounting Software, 51–200 Employees

Sage Intacct has many possibilities

Comments: Great customer service. Lots of ways to learn the system. Good learning videos.

Pros:

The way you can show data in various ways. You can use different dimensions to slice and dice data.

Cons:

Needing to set up all reports from the beginning. Nothing is out of the box fully set up.

Kat
Finance Associate in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Overall great software for accounting professionals

Comments: One major problem with some accounting softwares is that the reports needed to perform analysis, checks, etc. are unavailable. Intacct's wide report customization is a great solution to this that has resulted in an overall positive experience with the software.

Pros:

For those businesses and organizations looking to step up their accounting software from Quickbooks (or something similar), Sage Intacct is a great solution. While not as intuitive and user friendly as the systems designed for non-accounting professionals, Sage Intacct offers a myriad of features and functionality that is an accounting professional’s dream. One of the best features of Intacct is its reporting system. Users can run any report they could ever dream of that includes GL, AP, AR, Time & Expenses, Order Entry, Purchasing, etc. Reports are not only customizable, but savable too. Another great feature of Intacct is that the company is constantly releasing updates, which means the system is always evolving and getting better. Overall, Sage Inacct offers massive capability and is great for organizations who have outgrown smaller systems or who need greater customization.

Cons:

For those accustomed to the hand holding of a software like Quickbooks, Sage Intacct can make you feel a bit alone in the woods. It, for the most part, assumes that whoever is using it is an accounting professional, capable of understanding the inner workings of AP, AR, etc. For this reason, I would not recommend the system to those who are unfamiliar with accounting procedures and systems.

5 years ago

Thank you for your review, Kat! I'm glad to hear that you're benefiting from the robust reporting within Sage Intacct. If you have any questions or if we can help with anything, please don't hesitate to reach out to Sameera at [email protected]

Brady
Financial Analyst in US

Perfect for Outsourced Accounting Solutions

Comments: As mentioned in the pros section, we have greatly enjoyed and utilized the dimensional reporting capabilities of Sage Intacct, leading us to gain valuable insights into our clients' business and their various entities and departments, showing where they lacked profitability, where they can grow, and which areas of the business to particularly direct resources and attention.

Pros:

One of the things I value most about Sage Intacct is the dimensional reporting ability that Sage gives to us, which is different from the other solutions our clients have tested. Getting granular about each transaction, allowing statistical accounts to track FTEs, and being able to report BvA trends on our clients' individual locations, departments, and entities leads to better decision making and more efficient business management.

Cons:

If there was one thing I would change about Sage Intacct, it would be the control over the general ledger. There were several instances where we were in the midst of training our staff, and while a minor error was made, it was not able to be undone except by reversing out the entire transaction (not simply deleted).

Nour
Structural Engineer in Jordan
Construction Software, 10,000+ Employees

Accurately compiling financial data and keeping tabs on expenditures

Comments: Sage Intacct helps us streamline financial reporting and accurately track spending. Sage Intacct's great level of transparency has saved us money.

Pros:

Sage Intacct is great for both simple and complex accounting jobs. Accounts receivable, payment, inventory, and payroll management. I like how they are evolving and trying to make things easier for their users. Invoice automation and vendor payments thrill me. The tabs are clean and allow you to run various reports. I enjoy the data exporting options. Payments can be made directly from Sage Intacct using a variety of payment gateways. It automates my workflow by scheduling payments based on priorities and automatically computing sales taxes when tax is applied to my invoices. The best feature of this application is that it is cloud-based and used as software as a service. This tool may conduct reports between receivables and payables. It also has a cloud connection, which saves us from printing and saving unnecessary data.

Cons:

Sage Intacct may not operate automatically to pay dues that you have planned at a given date, requiring you to re-work in traditional ways, which I find difficult at times. The numerous regions of payment summaries can be confusing, especially when you have to add extra deposit information afterward.

Mark
Financial Analyst in US
Consumer Goods, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Simplifying financial management

Comments: Sage Intacct has been a reliable and efficient financial solution for our company. Its ability to simplify and automate processes and coupled with its powerful analytics, has significantly improved our financial decision making.

Pros:

I like its ability to automate and streamline our accounting processes. Seamless integration with other business systems has enabled us to eliminate data duplication and reduce errors. In addition, advanced reporting and analytics give us a clear, real-time view of our financial performance, making it easier to make informed decisions.

Cons:

At times, I feel that the customization options are limited and I would like to have more flexibility to tailor the platform to our specific needs.

Amanda
Senior Accountant in US

Best Saas Accounting solution

Comments: Sage Intacct is a great company to work with. Their software solution is great and easy to use. If your looking to change from an outdated solution, this should make the transition easier.

Pros:

The software is great. It is super easy to use and almost impossible to break. It can be used for more than your monthly accounting. We use it to track our valuation process. It is easy to track everything in the software and perform your monthly accounting tasks. You can track t&e, ap, ar, fixed assets, and do your cash management in this solution. There are many other features that make it a best in class solution

Cons:

The software itself is great. There are certain things we would like to be able to track in the software, like irr, but we also don't expect one software to do anything. There may sometimes be a lag in support getting back to you when you have issues, but nothing that is too extreme

6 years ago

Hello Amanda, Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you find Sage Intacct easy to use when you are tracking t&e, ap, ar, fixed assets, and cash management. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help! Sincerely, Andrew Sevillia Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Sage Intacct

Toni
AVP Finance in Canada
Financial Services Software, 11–50 Employees

Customer support was great from the start and the program is flexible in regards to creating reports

Comments: The software allowed ability to perform accounts payable to issue cheques and to produce financial statements quickly. The 12 month report is very useful to pick up changes to values in account. The budgeting aspect is also useful for variance analysis.

Pros:

I like the ability to create the financial reports and also the Dashboard reports. The payables area is easy to perform functions and the year-end close is very simple.

Cons:

This program is mainly written for the US market and is not able to create an EFT file (Canadian) that can be uploaded to the bank and create journal entries simultaneously. That would benefit us to make payments that are not by cheque. The "cash" payment types are good because an e-mail can be sent: however still requires for us to do a separate EFT payment on the bank.

6 years ago

Hello Toni, Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that have had a good experience with customer support and have been able to take advantage of Sage Intacct's flexibility. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help! Sincerely, Andrew Sevillia Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Sage Intacct

Accounts Payable Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201–500 Employees

Best accounting software I've used

Comments: Overall it is a great software and I enjoy using it.

Pros:

It's easy to learn. Once you have the basics down, you are set!

Cons:

Their customer service is kind of slack. If you have a problem, it is very hard to get someone to help. I've resorted to searching my problem on You tube.

Investment Management Software, 11–50 Employees

I am a true fan of Intacct and love how much customization it allows.

Comments: We have been able to set up recurring transaction to automate similar monthly/quarterly transactions, allowing us to fully operate with less human capital, and less human errors. We've been able to increase our reporting internally with many many many custom reports to suite the needs of various stakeholders. We can see investor summaries across the entire enterprise with the multi-entity structure. We utilize upload templates often to allow us ease of entry - for example, we do monthly uploads of income allocations across every entity in one root level entry done by exporting a custom report, using excel to seamlessly do an index match and hlookup to complete the upload template, then upload! It's simple, fast, and accurate.

Pros:

I love the Custom Reporting capabilities through dimension use... looking at the GL as a database structure makes the software very versatile and easy to use. The output potential is outstanding!

Cons:

Cost. It's a great product, but I really wish there was a light version for our company, and for other smaller companies starting up. There is a strong market for a light version. That way the company could grow into the full version.

Dustin
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

ROI is DOA

Comments: I've been working with Intacct since 2012. At the time my firm was a close partner and I worked closely with our internal experts which gave me a great leg-up. In the last 8 years I've seen their customer service continue to spiral to non-existant, unless you want to pay double your base cost for it. Their add-ons and the basic things you need to develop a fully functioning system take your cost from 5-$50k in the blink of an eye.

Pros:

Cons:

Insanely expensive software, with extra fees and double dipping on the fees for every simple feature needed. The customer support can read a script and reset your password, after that they are woefully inempt if they ever get back to you. Multi-currency and consolidation are 2 seperate fees which are 3x the basecost of the software. There is no value prop here.

Eric
Eric
Head Of Information Technology in Rwanda
Insurance Software, 51–200 Employees

Sage Intacct Personal obervation

Comments: On our case, we focus on developing core business side then integrate with Intacct via web-service, and this have been successfully, because all side of reporting, financials, UPR, etc, is managed by Sage Intacct.

Pros:

1. Sage Intacct allows access anytime and anywhere (home, office, coffee shop) 2. Sage Intacct has login are very secured with different levels. 3. Sage Intacct provide financial information on detailed level by using dimensions which allows decision makers to relay on realistic information. 4. Sage Intacct is easy to use, it doesn't requires advances financial training.

Cons:

1. Extracting volume data in most of time is an issue, especially Journals.

6 years ago

Hello Eric, Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you are having a positive experience using Sage Intacct. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help! Sincerely, Andrew Sevillia Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Sage Intacct

Muhammad
Chief Internal Auditor in Pakistan
Financial Services Software, 501–1,000 Employees

Fantastic Accounting System

Comments: Sage Intacct is complete accounting software, it is cloud-based therefore one can access and work from any where. It automates all accounting tasks including management of account receivable, account payable, inventory, expenses for small and medium size companies. It is more demanding software because of financial statement and financial analysis features.

Pros:

Sage Intacct is complete cloud-based accounting system, mobile app is also available. It is best for financial reporting and financial analysis. It also enables multi currency consolidation accounting. Account receivable, account payable, expense tracking, and inventory are well managed here.

Cons:

Sage Intacct is not easy software for those who have insufficient knowledge of accounting. It may be intuitive and easy to navigate. Sometimes it gets glitch or error. I wish if it could be proper B2B software integrated with banks for making payments.