15 years helping Israeli businesses

Benchmark Email Reviews

About Benchmark Email

Email marketing and marketing automation for small to mid-sized businesses and high-volume senders. Simple tools. 24/7 support.

Learn more about Benchmark Email

Pros:

It was easy to turn a web post into an email, and list captures were fully integrated.

Cons:

Most of the email appears to be arriving in people's spam inboxes. Can't seem to resend email to people who have soft bounces.

Benchmark Email ratings

4.4
4.2
4.1
4.2

7.8/10

Benchmark Email has an overall rating of 4.3 out 5 stars based on 189 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Benchmark Email before?

Bob
Bob
Online Radio Expert/Host; Podcast Host; Ordained Minister/Award Winning Author/Prof. Public Speaker in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

My Review of Benchmark Email

Comments: Very good! Customer support responded quickly to my inquiries. For emailing your customer base easily and on a regular basis - this is good value for the money.

Pros:

I loved the ability to design newsletters and email them directly to my subscribers. They have many different templates for you to choose from. The ease of use made my actual "writing time" for a newsletter minimal.

Cons:

I used Benchmark when I first started in online business. It was very easy to use and the price was in my comfort zone. I then tried to set up a couple of "funnels" and could not do so (this was a couple of years ago - so time may have changed). I contacted Customer Support and was informed that the system I was trying to put in place was not available through Benchmark, that they were only for emailing directly. Unfortunately, I had to close my account and move on to a competitor that did allow me to build out my funnels for online marketing.

Manuel
Manuel
Marketing Publicity Manager in Mexico
Entertainment, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Email through this app is inexpensive and comes with an excellent user interface

Comments: When choosing an email marketing service, I primarily considered well-known tools. I reviewed the free demo versions of these tools when making a comparison. One tool in particular stood out above the rest: Benchmark Email. I started using it immediately without any need for a manual. Additionally, its price is cheaper than other domestic email sending tools. The reporting features are also easy to comprehend and understand. Therefore, I recommend Benchmark Email to anyone that has recently switched to an email marketing tool and isn't fluent in marketing automation terminology.

Pros:

Email marketing consists of many different functions. These include setting up segments, measuring open and click thru rates and pausing delivery. It's also extremely cost-effective if it can create landing pages and is easy to use. Programming knowledge is not required to use these functions, workshops are held for this purpose. This app provides easy-to-use email software with a reasonable price. Even if you don't know how to use it, you can still create attractive emails with intuitive operations. The app makes it simple to view information like the open rate

Cons:

Even though it currently has limited functionality, it would be great if the EMA tool was more than just a mailing list. I hope it eventually becomes the best tool that's more than just a middle-of-the-road tool like MA.

Ewa
Marketing Team Lead in Canada
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Employees

Benchmark Email Review

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

I am able to reach a lot of prospects by sending high volume outbound marketing emails with Benchmark Email.

Cons:

The issues that I used to encounter are no longer available since they were rectified upon version update.

Judith
CEO/Bus Dev in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Waiting For the Beta

Comments: I have used other email marketing programs. I chose Benchmark because I wanted an inexpensive option for a project for a client. I would say Benchmark is easy to use and easy to learn especially if you have ever used an email marketing program before. But like all software programs, it has its quirks and you learn to get around them. But Benchmark's tutorials, FAQs and feature lists may not supply you with all the information you need. For instance, there are two email automation programs that each offer only one or two automated steps after the trigger. Nowhere in the documentation did it clearly state that only the Automation Pro, that is still in Beta, offers a customer's journey that you can use to send out more than two emails in a sequence. On the other hand, don't pay for more than you need. If you blast out emails to a list of established customers with only quarterly sales discounts, or discounts for birthdays and holidays, Benchmark is enough. And Benchmark is inexpensive. But if you want to onboard various segments of your customers, educating them and eliciting their engagement, this is not the email marketing program for you. There are two locations for live support, one is offshore and the other is domestic. The offshore folks are nice people but they mainly operate by rote. The domestic support gets it right, but I am still waiting to find out if a personalized greeting can be added to the Automation Beta. In my opinion, a personalized greeting should be a standard feature in a customer's journey. I don't know if it is or not and none of their stated info tells you.

Pros:

Benchmark is easy to use. Easy to set up. Good for very simple customer outreach, i.e a storefront that collects emails and wants to alert customers to sales.

Cons:

Very limited feature set. Not standard at this point.

7 years ago

Hi Judith, We appreciate you using Benchmark Email and taking the time to provide some feedback. Thank you for your kind words in regards to our ease of use as well. We do, however, want to address some of your points in regards to our FAQs and tutorials as well as Automation Pro. Admittedly, our FAQs and tutorials are an area we¿d like to put more focus on. That¿s why we¿ve recently established a training department to help keep those areas better up-to-date and helpful to marketers. Our tools are constantly evolving and the support resources we provide must as well. We¿re confident this new department will succeed in this regard, as well as with keeping all support offices across the globe on the same page. Your feedback in regards to Automation Pro is an integral part of the beta process. We expect new features to continue to be added to the automation platform throughout the beta period and after. Again, thanks for the kind words and feedback.

Ilenia
Accounting Officer in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

The Ideal Email Marketing Solution

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Content management and handling email marketing is easy. It is smooth and easy to manage

Cons:

With Benchmark Email, it is all smooth. No serious cons.

Craig
Operations Manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

An Antiquated Platform With Horrible Customer Service

Comments: Benchmark simply didn't meet our needs. Switching to Mailchimp was simple and one of the best decisions we could have made at the time.

Pros:

The overall functionality of the system was adequate and did what we needed it to do at the time (2011-2012). System was fairly intuitive

Cons:

Bounce rates would change drastically for no apparent reason. Customer support was of no assistance at the time and was located offshore, so they were hard to reach during our normal business hours. We rarely dealt with the same rep, which was time consuming as we had to explain our situation on multiple occasions.

Andrei
Branch Manager in UK
Accounting Software, 11–50 Employees

Benchmark Email

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Is a great app, everything works great and support is helpful.

Pros:

Setting up the account is easy, it has an intuitive user interface and starting the first campaign was very easy. The builder is optimized very good for mobile device as almost all users use the phone the most. Support is super and fast, they do a great job.

Cons:

Beside the price I can't say there are any cons.

Software Developer in US
Research, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Benchmark Email: An Effective Tool for Email Marketing

5.0 last month New

Pros:

The capabilities of this amazing email marketing solution have been spectacular. Benchmark Email has been easy to use.

Cons:

I do not experience cons when using Benchmark Email. Benchmark Email works impressively for us.

last month

John, thanks for taking time to leave a review, we're glad to hear you found Benchmark Email easy to use. We're always here if you ever run into any email marketing roadblocks down the road. Cheers!

Carla
IT Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

An Email Marketing Solution that Meets Our Expectations

5.0 last month New

Pros:

The features of Benchmark Email have been meeting our expectations. Benchmark Email has been easy to implement. I love the capabilities of Benchmark Email.

Cons:

No dislikes for Benchmark Email. Benchmark Email is so amazing.

3 weeks ago

Carla, thanks for taking time out of your busy day to leave a review! We are happy to hear that Benchmark Email is everything you expected in your email marketing solution.

Abigail
Abigail
Social Media Specialist in Kenya
Architecture & Planning, 11–50 Employees

A great Alternative to MailChimp

Comments: I'm almost always on the lookout for free marketing software's to test out and after using SendinBlue and MailChimp, I wanted something with email marketing automation similar to MailChimp but with a smooth UI and design the abilities of MailChimp. I found Benchmark while searching for free email automation software's on Google. I wanted an email marketing software to create an email course. I could have used SendinBlue but I wanted one that would notify me whenever someone joins the course, I also wanted a software that integrated with Facebook. Benchmarks free plan caught my eyes and I signed up after asking the online support a few questions. Pros: Responsive templates somewhat similar to Active Hosted Drag and Drop editor. Creating templates email templates were easy and the customization options were great. Cons: I asked the customer support if I could add an image header in the email signup form (MailChimp supports this) and he said yes. Sadly, like Zoho Forms and SendinBlue forms, the design options for signup forms are very limited and doesn't allow more branding options.

Pros:

Simple email editor, The free plan comes with features for beginners to email marketing or for bloggers and small businesses.

Cons:

The email automation in the freeplan only allows one-off emails like welcome emails. What i wanted was to create drip campigns such as email courses but unfortunately the free plan doesnt allow that. I wish they had stated what the freeplan can and cannot do before i signed up, because i was looking forward to A/B testing, indepth reports and creating drip campigns but the free plan doesn't allow that.

7 years ago

Hello Abigail, Thank you for the detailed review! In regards to the image on your signup form, we made some improvements to our signup form tools and you should be able to add in an image to the form. Please contact our support team if you have questions on how to do this. We thank you for using our service and sharing the good word with the world! Please keep an eye out for some new automation tools. :)

Juan
WebMaster in Costa Rica
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Unlimited emails per day, this is how I summarize this efficient platform

Comments: In the company where we use this tool, we send between 10,000 and 15,000 emails a day, the most important thing is that at the end of the month there are more than 250,000 emails to our databases, with open rates always above 10% and with tools tracking, landing pages and many other functions we have always stressed that Benchmark Email is the best company of its kind in the world. Others much more recognized may offer the same, but at prices well above what they grant, so you will always be grateful with this tool

Pros:

The main feature to highlight is the price (what they provide for that excellent price is hard to match for many other competing companies) and its excellent function of being able to send thousands of emails per day to my lists, without thinking that they will charge me extras or that my emails will end.

Cons:

It will sound strange, but in more than 5 years of using this Benchmark Email platform, we have never had problems of any kind, they have always served us excellently, they have always offered us improvements at unbeatable prices and we have never had problems.

Marcy
CEO in US
Events Services, 2–10 Employees

Great list management and decent email software

Comments: Benchmark helps us communicate with our clients in a way that is both easy for us to use and easy on the eyes (for clients).

Pros:

Creating and using lists is very easy, especially with the new upgrades! Adding contacts to lists works well with various options. I tend to upload excel files to make new lists, very easy within Benchmark. I do like that it's easy to merge lists -- and that the software only accepts one contact (if that contact is already on the merge to list). Somewhat easy to use when creating emails -- selecting blocks and design [but the source code isn't as easy to decipher and use (my commands do not seem to "take").] Using attachments and links and media is pretty easy as well. The reports (opens, click thrus etc) are very good! [However with the new interface, it's not as easy to back-track to the original Email Report (I find myself having to choose again from the report list).]

Cons:

I don't really like that I can't "re-send" emails on my own schedule (not have to wait 1 week after last send). Also, emails from Benchmark DO get caught up in Junk Spam Trash Promotions folders of recipients and we do need to remind them (often) to check for their email. Also, when "copying" an email to use and re-name as a new email, I do not like that the software selects the "old" contact list to also mail to -- I've mistakenly sent emails to old contact lists and that was not a good thing in my situation.

5 years ago

Hello Marcy, Thanks for your feedback. Whenever you have a moment, chat with us and let us know about your concerns, we'll be glad to assist you. - Benchmark Team

Jaden Rose
CEO in US
E-Learning, Self Employed

Easy to Use Email Marketing

Comments: I think this is a good free software to use for basic email marketing.

Pros:

I liked using this email marketing software when I was just getting started. It had a free and cheap first tier account. I used the forms to integrate onto my website. I also sent out weekly emails to my list. I also used some of the "light" email automations.

Cons:

In order to use more complex email automations, you have to switch over to a paid tier.

Alberto
Sales Support in Italy
Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

Easy to access platform

Pros:

Benchmark Email stands out with its advanced scheduling feature, keeping contacts informed even when I'm busy. Although the interface lacks some intuitiveness, the exceptional customer service compensates. Unlike other platforms, Benchmark allows unlimited emails without extra charges, based on the number of records. Its simplicity makes writing newsletters enjoyable, impressing parents with personalized updates and photos.

Cons:

While Benchmark Email falls short in image storage for my subscription level, its deliverability needs improvement as emails often end up in spam folders. Resending emails to soft bounces and through contacts is problematic. Text formatting glitches occur, and the requirement to create segments for targeted emails is inconvenient. Unfortunately, my website's lack of integration with Benchmark is an additional challenge. The frequent change in email senders hampers recipient spam filters.

Amanda
Marketing Manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 10,000+ Employees

Good but better customer communication needed

Comments: Overall, the program works well. Communication needs worked on.

Pros:

The software is easy to use and offers a variety of layouts.

Cons:

Over the past 12 months or so, Benchmark has removed several internal functions. No communication about the changes was shared and we did not find out until we had to contact customer service. Each time we were told that Benchmark now recommends third-party add-ins.

5 years ago

Hello Amanda, Thanks for your review. We will take your feedback into consideration. - Benchmark Team

Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Really good but expensive and complicated

Pros:

- accurate statistics - easy to use - flexible design (emails looks good on any screen/device)

Cons:

- price is too high - pretty slow support - it is hard to adjust scheduled emails considering all available settings (especially time zones)

Mitch
US
, 11–50 Employees

Terrible support and errors on site.

Comments: I was very excited to try Benchmark due to its high reviews in various places. I am extremely disappointed by the lack of support received from my national account manager, Tom Mitchell. First he emails to ask if he can help with any questions, then he doesn't respond even with a simple help article about why an email might be "under review," and after I provided screenshots and detailed analysis of HIS product's problems, he wanted to deflect me to chat support. I'm a chief strategy officer. I'm not going to use live chat support, sorry. It seems like this platform is meant for small fries and not for real businesses. I'll be going over to Mailchimp or Constant Contact... they'll at least make an effort to win my business.

Pros:

Easy to use.

Cons:

The support received from the company over a simple error with an email "opens" report.

7 years ago

Hello Mitch, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. I am sorry and disappointed that we weren't able to provide the level of service you expected. As you mention, we are always highly rated and we pride ourselves in having an excellent customer service and support team. I will be sure to take this feedback to our team so we can learn from our mistakes and impress our users with our product and service. Again, apologizes from the team and we hope the next time you try us, we can exceed your expectations!

Michelle
Owner in US
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

It just didn't work for me.

Comments: I tried Benchmark Email for a couple of months and while I found it fairly easy to use, I was disappointed in the low amount of "views" my emails got when I checked on the status. I understand that since I do not have my own domain named email, that free email services such as "Gmail" often end up in spam filters. However, I have used another email marketing service and got more opened emails through them, so I fear the stigma is more on Benchmark than the fact that I use a free email provider. Otherwise, I can't explain why the other service I have used worked better. For this reason, I have stopped using Benchmark, after a couple of months, and went back to my previous provider. It's no offense to the service, but if it's not working for me, as a marketing tool, why should I continue to use it?

Pros:

The emails look very professional and the software is easy to use.

Cons:

I was not getting enough feedback compared to another marketing tool I have used, so I decided to stop using Benchmark.

7 years ago

Hello Michelle, Thank you for this feedback, it really means a lot to us. Based on your feedback, I understand your decision to use an alternative service. Email delivery is essential to our service. We know we had issues with this in the past and we are working hard to provide our clients with the best email delivery possible. We are improving our vetting systems to avoid "spammer" like clients that could affect our sending reputation and we are improving our back end technology as well. We are also working on more education to help our users understand best email marketing practices. Again, Thank You for this feedback and we hope the next time you try us, your experience is much better. - Daniel Miller

Entertainment, Self Employed

Benchmark Email Saves me money

Comments: Benchmark email saw this my problem of keeping in contact monthly with my clients. I find that I’m able to keep my name in front of them and distribute information to them very efficiently. When I relied on mailings I did it much less frequently and it cost a lot more. Paying yearly reduces the fee so much that it’s a no brainer not to use benchmark. And I’ve tried to lease three other services. I found all the others are use more difficult to create and do the emails and much more expensive .

Pros:

Benchmark software allows me to easily create catchy emails to keep in contact with my clients . I can easily create emails and track it’s openings and click rates.

Cons:

The software is very good occasionally since I do a lot of my work on the iPad I may have the occasional issue where I need to get on the laptop to do something. But that issue is usually because I’m on an iPad not a PC .

5 years ago

Hi, Thank you for your review and high rating. We would love to hear your feedback on what part of our email editor is not responsive enough to use your iPad. We're always looking to improve our platform features. - Benchmark Team

Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Looks professional and easy to use

Comments: Good. I like the software.

Pros:

Looks very professional and designs are gorgeous, giving a high-end and legitimate look for our company. I was also surprised and how easy and intuitive everything is. No need to sit through a training when you can figure everything out on your own, quickly. I especially like the free version.

Cons:

The upgrade for a payment plan doesn't seem worth it for what we use it for. We just need the basics, not all the other bells and whistles.

5 years ago

Hi, Thanks for your feedback and high rating. Whenever you have a moment, chat with us, we'd love to share with you how to get the best out of your paid account. - Benchmark Team

Lynette
Assistant in US
Photography, 2–10 Employees

Great software

Comments: Benvhmark is easy to use and hreat product

Pros:

Easy to use. Use the software daily and I never have a problem

Cons:

Nothing. The software is great to use dsily

Hello Lynette, Thanks for your review and high rating. - Benchmark Team

Eduardo
CEO in El Salvador
Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

My Review

Comments: Good enough in order to be used for E-Mail Marketing

Pros:

It has many Features for e-mail marketing

Cons:

It does not offer a trial with enough amount of e-mails included...it offers a very limited features for it and people needs to check quality on this matter first (sometimes)

Laura
Marketing Coordinator in US
Telecommunications, 51–200 Employees

Simplified E-mail Communications

Comments: We've been using it for years, with very few issues.

Pros:

Generally, it's very easy to use, and very intuitive. I love the fact that I can remove the Benchmark logo so that I'm not advertising Benchmark, but promoting our company's products instead.

Cons:

Once in a while, it can get quirky, and not let me set things up exactly as I'd like. In those instances, Customer Support has been helpful to resolve issues.

Hello Laura, Thank you for the review. - Benchmark Team

mike
web designer in Australia
Internet, Self Employed

Excellent email marketing tool and possibly the best free start up package available.

Comments: It has allowed to start my email campaign with no initial outlay. For someone starting out in internet marketing this service is hard to beat.

Pros:

Free to open your account and gather up to 2000 subscribers, making this service hard to beat for entrepreneurs to get started in email marketing. Very simple to use and understand.

Cons:

A little more Wordpress integration would be very welcome and the selection of sign up forms is a little limited.

6 years ago

Hello Mike! Thanks for the review. Our free account allows startups to test the waters with email marketing to prove it's success without spending a dime! In regards to Wordpress, have you tried our plugin? You can find it by searching for "Benchmark Email Lite" in Wordpress. If you would like to see improvements on the plugin, please don't hesitate to reach out with your suggestions. We'd love to hear your ideas.

Peter
Proprietor in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Suits my needs

Comments: It provides direct contact to people who want to hear from me-I like that.

Pros:

It is easy for me to get out my message. I don't use all facets of it but it does what I need.

Cons:

Once in a while I have to mess around with images but I generally get it figured out.

5 years ago

Hello Peter, Thanks for your feedback. Images are a big part of Email Marketing campaigns, we're working on always providing the best experience. Let us know whenever you need assistance. - Benchmark Team