QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Reviews

4.5 (19,183) Write a Review!

About QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

The leading accounting software for small businesses. Instant access to customer, vendor and employee information.

Learn more about QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Pros:

The developers really took their time making this software and I'm glad they did a great job. I love how you can manage both business and personal finances on one platform.

Cons:

Constant charges to maintain all of the products features. Most charges are unclear and come as a surprise charge on your credit card.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise ratings

4.3
4.1
4.4
4.3

8.4/10

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 19,183 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise before?

Filter reviews (19,183)

Shawn G.
Shawn G.
Managing Director in US
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees

Quick books makes it easy to track your business

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: QuickBooks was easy to set up and we love that our CPA and access everything directly. Ease of use was critical for us in choosing our accounting software and QuickBooks delivers!

Pros:

Ease of use is at the top of the list. QuickBooks makes a lot of our small business accounting look easy.

Cons:

Everything could be faster and more automatic with real-time auditing.

CEO in US
E-Learning, Self Employed

QuickBooks is Quick and Easy! (I would definitely recommend it!)

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: This has been a game-changer is organizing my receipts!

Pros:

I use QuickBooks for my two self-employed businesses and really love it. The first thing that I really like about QuickBooks is that it integrates with other softwares that I use. It is a part of the Intuit suite of softwares including Mint and TurboTax, and it also works with Square. The software has a user-friendly interface. I like that you can upload pictures of your receipts and attach them to each expense. No more worrying about your paper receipts fading or being misplaced. PRICELESS!! They also have a mileage tracker, which is super helpful. Of course, you can run important reports like Profit & Loss and your Balance Sheet. Quickbooks has also gotten into banking, and you can set up an envelope system for your business expenses. They offer several price points that are not that expensive. I would definitely recommend this software.

Cons:

The hardest part about Quickbooks is just getting into the habit of reconciling your books. I do this myself, but you can hire a book-keeper to do it for you. They have a list of local Quickbook savvy bookkeepers in your area.

Sheldon H.
Sheldon H.
sales rep in Jamaica
Retail, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Quickbook expensive but still help small business

3.0 2 months ago New

Comments: My over experience is customer service takes a long time to reply. The cost is high compare to other books. the system have alot of flaws.

Pros:

The interface is easy to manupilate and the inventory is user friendly.

Cons:

The software have too muvh bigs and clithes.

Brittany W.
Office admin in US
Computer & Network Security, 51-200 Employees

Takes the thinking out of accounts

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It is definitely a way to make office management way more simple. I feel like I cut out about 2 hours of extra unnecessary work. I don't waste time doing alone of things I used to do.

Pros:

I love how easy it is to use. I have daily tasks to make sure I stay on top of everything.

Cons:

It's not difficult to use and I enjoy how it keeps me on task. However customer service can sometimes be ridiculous. They are not always the polite or the nicest. But no complaints about the software!

Sithandazile N.
Consultant in South Africa
Accounting Software, 2-10 Employees

My experience with Quickbooks

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise have made my office work very simple as i can do almost all the work under one software. It has saved me a lot of time and money that I would have spent if I was doing everything manually. I must say that Quickbook Desktop Enterprise is an all in one tool that both small and large businesses must use.

Pros:

I like that Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise gets the job done easily and from anywhere. imagine being able to manage your accounts and track your statements and payments in just one software, that is a bonus.

Cons:

It is very affordable, flexible and easy to access from any device.

Shanita Y.
Owner in US
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees

QuickBooks works for me

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: My experience has been very good and I am so thankful for QuickBooks. I had a hiccup with the software update not too long ago but issue was resolved without delay.

Pros:

The product is very easy to use and helps me keep things in order. I can not imagine running my business without it.

Cons:

Data is not always backed-up so you risk losing information.

Goran P.
Co Owner in US
Wholesale, 2-10 Employees

Quickbooks is a tool I wish we used a long time ago

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Very happy with QB and plan on using it for years to come.

Pros:

Quickbooks is a great one stop shop for all of our accounting needs. This software has everything we need regarding features. It works to the level we need and the pricing is fair for what it provides. Happy customer here for sure.

Cons:

Navigation is a little tough - took longer than expected when training on how to properly navigate and do what you needed.

Megan J.
Mental Health Technician in US
Mental Health Care, 201-500 Employees

A pretty great product

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall, it's great. I would just want better tutorial or training options.

Pros:

I loved that I could customize invoices.

Cons:

Recurring payments were way too confusing.

Joseph G.
Accounting Manager in US
Accounting Software, 11-50 Employees

Very Likely to recommend, lots of room to improve

3.0 7 days ago New

Pros:

QBO is super easy to use. very slight learning curve. everything is right where you expect it and works as you'd expect.

Cons:

Reporting is terrible. its difficult to create meaningful reports when you start using classes and sub classes. i wish the GL report would display as my default preference instead of making me change it everytime. I hate that i can only see one year's worth of outstanding invoices on the invoice screen. why cant it just show me all o/s from all time as of today? My least favorite things is the limited number of tags you can put on a transaction. For example the only way you can tag a transaction is by account and class. I need at least 2 more tags to do everything i need.

Amanda C.
Treasurer in US
Individual & Family Services, 2-10 Employees

Love everything QuickBooks offers

5.0 last month New

Comments: Our experience has always been exceptional with this company. We have never had any issues up until recently with the bank statements not automatically downloading. However, I don't know if that's our bank or the software itself, so I can not hold that against the software. Other than the recent price change, everything about the software has been perfect. We love all the features and everything it does- the reporting, the reminders for when to send payroll and forms / fees to the government, the organization, breakdowns, the ease it gives our accountant, the option to add additional classes if and when you add additional locations etc. All the features are great!

Pros:

I absolutely love everything Quickbooks has to offer. It is extremely easy to learn and very user friendly. It does everything you need an accounting software to do for your business, and more. We have been using it for almost 12 years now and it has worked perfectly for all of our business needs. It's simple to learn, and has help topics that are easy to follow and figure out when we need assistance.

Cons:

We have never had any issues with the software itself, but after using it for almost 12 years, they have completely changed their pricing structure this year. Our price is going to more than triple this year for the same services we've always been using. I feel that the price has always been very reasonable, up until this year when they completely restructured it. It is the only reason we are considering looking for a different software. I completely understand the need to increase rates, but to more than triple what we've always paid seems very excessive and is a significant cost for a small business. The least the company could do is offer a discount for its loyal users who have been with them for many years. (We use QuickBooks and the payroll features)

Belasco S.
Digital marketing manager in South Africa
Building Materials, 11-50 Employees

Quivk Books desktop Review

Comments: Quickbooks has helped me keep track of my account books in one place therefore reducing confusion. I have intergrated the software with my other softwares like hubspot. The software enables me send my clients more professional and easy to understand quotations. However i have had problems with their phone support team, they are not easily accessible when there is emergency on the software. In a nutshell quickbooks software is a must get especially if you want to scale your small business up.

Pros:

QuickBooks has a variety of features that supports small and medium businesses and it allows up to 25 users. The software can intergrate with more than 500 business apps and softwares. QuickBooks has a friendly user interface which makes it easy to navigate through its dashboard. QuickBooks gives a 30 day free trial version which gives you a test drive of the software before deciding to subscribe. Enables you to keep all your books of accounts in one place.

Cons:

The price has been increasing throughout the years. Less automated as compared to online version which takes more time. Their phone support is not efficient and sometimes they do not assist by phone hence forced to migrate to online version which facilitate a quick live bookkeeping. Does not facilitate split transactions and auto sales report hence need to migrate from desktop to online version.

Justin L.
Justin L.
Business Owner in US
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees

Very Good Accounting Software for Small Businesses

Comments: It is a good business tool that helped me get a handle on mostly all of my expenses. It has a few buggy integrations which was frustrating. And I really disliked the non batch tagging system. Other than that, I have found it very useful and have used QB for the past 3 years for my taxes. I do not use it to file taxes any longer, as I now have an accountant and I prepare everything in QB first and then work with my accountant to file the taxes. Great for small businesses.

Pros:

I like that QB is easy to use and that I can connect mostly all of my accounts to it. However, I was unable to connect my Home Depot credit card for some reason. I have used QB to prepare a profit and loss statement for my accountant. I have painstakingly used this software. I have used it almost on a daily basis, as it helps to give me a clear financial picture of my small business. I can't see myself managing my e-commerce business any other way, since I have many transactions.

Cons:

The fact that I cannot group tag transactions. In a business like mine that has thousands of transactions throughout the year, the biggest gripe I have with QB is that I cannot batch select and change the tags. The tags are so important, especially if running multiple businesses, which I was. Since then, I have closed two of those businesses for the very reason that I cannot properly manage it all with one quickbooks account. I thought it would be easy to tag things, however, it truly sucks to have to go one by one. Also, I dislike the "rules" it auto creates because for any new transaction type, it pops up and really slowed me down when I was already having trouble with my tagging and categorizing.

Chamir B.
Consultant in Suriname
Financial Services Software, 2-10 Employees

Quikbooks is easy to setup and easy to start up.

Comments: Overall Quickbooks Desktop is a great program, it's a complete accounting software for manny businesses that can grow with your business. It provides all the tools your business needs, yet is easy to use. I can organize my bookkeeping, manage inventory, track sales, and even run payroll at a fraction of the cost. QuickBooks Enterprise saved me thousands of dollars a year compared to similar solutions. Powerful and flexible.

Pros:

Simple coordination with other application/Software and makes invoicing simple and powerful relying upon your arrangement. QuickBooks is amazing Software and obliges an extremely wide scope of organizations. In particular it offers incredible technical support (On premise, Calls, Email and, surprisingly, Remote Support), another advantage is all around addressed documentation, and online assistance/Forums.

Cons:

It is only accessible on your deskto, you can not acces it on the web. In this manner, it is very troublesome especially when everything these days must be gotten to remotely.

Mevasoa benjaniaina R.
Article Writer in Madagascar
Business Supplies & Equipment, Self Employed

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Review

Comments: Anybody in any way shape or form associated with independent venture bookkeeping realizes the name Intuit and its revered QuickBooks stage. However it started zeroing in its showcasing on a cloud-situated rendition, named Intuit QuickBooks Online, where it's confronting intense contest, Intuit stays an unbelievably solid brand and even games the midrange partner we're auditing here, called QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise release. This form of the product covers midrange bookkeeping, including general record, and stock administration, and it's authorized per seat, with costs starting at $1,100 each year for a solitary seat yearly membership. With various memberships accessible to get to various degrees of usefulness, including Advanced Reporting, Advanced Payroll, and various levels of help, QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise clients can plan arrangements that are genuinely all around focused on for explicit necessities. In any case, a restrictive data set, a genuinely low max-client limit, and a dependence on its client local area for assist documentation with keeping this framework somewhat behind Acumatica and Intacct, the current Editors' Choice victors in this class. You can likewise pay for the membership consistently, starting at $75.60 each month for a solitary seat permit. The vast majority of the little and average size business (SMB) applications inspected in this gathering run on top of uncompromising information bases like Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, or SAP HANA.

Pros:

Simple to-explore process menus. Recognizable (UI) for current QuickBooks clients. Tremendous client local area. Basic structures and report customization. Enormous number of standard and contributed reports. Brilliant import capacities. Brilliant joining with Sales and Purchasing.

Cons:

Offers possibly Average Costing whenever obtained without Advanced Inventory include. No Economic Order Capabilities. Fundamental Low Inventory alerts. Versatile up to 30 clients. Exclusive information base. No evident focal documentation. Versatile access just with an extra help.

Darcie G.
Payroll Adminstrator/Bookkeeper in US
Architecture & Planning, 2-10 Employees

Great software-will continue using

Comments: This software keeps track of everything our company needs incl all AR, AP, payroll and tax transactions and accruals.

Pros:

Many features available making it an integral part of our day to day operations. Processing payroll is easy and tax accrual function and e-file makes it so simple and easy to match to federal and state calculations. Reporting features are very good. We have 100’s of customers and vendors and the tracking of availability of transactions is superb. We also use their remote hosting service for work from home employees and have never had an issue with maintaining connections and to the minute updated information.

Cons:

The only things I could recommend for improvement is the ability to have detailed customizable reporting for employee and payroll functions. Customer service is iffy-most are nice but some are not very knowledgeable and it can take quite a long time to resolve what seems to be a simple issue. Currently found that the annual renewal fee charged was $500 more than what was quoted by two of their reps so am looking at having to attempt to get a refund for the overcharge.

Albert T.
IT Tech in Botswana

Of all the Accounting Software's I recommend QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Proven best so far

Comments: Easy integration with other application/Software and makes invoicing easy and effective depending on your setup. QuickBooks is legendary Software and accommodates a very wide range of businesses. Most importantly it offers great tech support (On premise, Calls, Email and even Remote Support), another benefit is well represented documentation, and online help/Forums.

Pros:

The best and great news the online version of QuickBooks which means you can finish your work or do you from anywhere, will always be up to date with updates and new feature edition. File sharing Feature is the most needed tool for the accountant to easily exchange data they need to keep the books and do taxes. Payroll feature can be accessed through the software and has other features like loan funding all this can be done anytime, anywhere any device all you need in internet access.

Cons:

A software has to make your life easy problem in QuickBooks if you should make mistake it take hell lot of time to fix them as you have to follow all the steps for creation there has to be Delete, Undo or Edit button. Working under harsh boss your work is expressed so working with a Software keeps giving an Unresponsive error gets to your nerves as your boss will not take that for a reason but a bad factor on your part.

Artist, Designer & Training Delivery Professional in UK
Telecommunications, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Quickly impressive!

Comments: To summarise its an incredibly attractive & useful product, both for sole traders and Limited companies. It's great value for money and can save a huge amount of time and headaches. This is particularly evident when you consider it as an interest in something that will without a doubt save you time, and may even lessen or cut your bookkeeper expenses totally. In view of that, I've have no problems in suggesting Quickbooks. Start with the 30-day trial to completely evaluate whether or not it meets your specific needs.

Pros:

First and foremost, keep in mind that this is a product with a long history. The parent organization, Intuit has been creating expense and bookkeeping programming beginning around 1983. They are a US organization however adjusted Quickbooks for the UK market and duty framework in 2014. Quickbooks is one of the main bookkeeping programming arrangements with more than 624,000 endorsers in 2014 (a figure liable to have risen). Once more, that simply adds to the entire trust and security component. The greatest benefit of utilizing Quickbooks is the time and stress it will save you. When you're fully operational you'll see how effectively you can keep all of your bookkeeping records forward-thinking. It truly turns into a breeze. Also the biggest advantage is that you're no longer shackled to your desk! saving your opportunity to develop your business. All of that for only a couple of pounds a month implies it truly is an easy decision and one of the best choices you'll make when maintaining a business.

Cons:

Nothing is perfect and to guarantee a decent Quickbooks review it's vital that you're aware of the disadvantages too. Right off the bat, similar to any product, it's somewhat flawed. There are some reviews on Trustpilot surveys of individuals encountering technical issues. Regardless of whether that is with connecting bank accounts or individuals simply doing something wrong. However it's frustrating when such things happen. However, to alleviate that, Quickbooks do have a pretty responsive tech support team. There are a huge number of surveys that describe the supportiveness and persistence of the Quickbooks customer service team. So it's reassuring to know that should you encounter a problem, they'll assist you with tackling it rapidly. The other negative worth focusing on is that with any product there is an expectation to absorb information. You'll have to invest some time figuring out how to take full advantage of its capabilities. Fortunately, Quickbooks make it relative easy with instinctive plan and design and a lot of tutorials and help material.

Yelena P.
Director in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees

QuickBooks for Succu

Comments: Easy to follow instructions, many features to run your business smooy

Pros:

QuickBooks is a great software for anyone. It’s easy to use and you are not required to be an account to use it. It’s also compared to other softwares fairly cheap

Cons:

Some critical fields are missing but you can always buy additional add-on. Annual fees are also a con but it’s not too expensive.

Intuit Response

7 months ago

Thank you so much for taking a moment to leave a review, Yelena! We're so glad to hear that QuickBooks Desktop is working seamlessly for you so far. Yes, you're exactly right! QuickBooks Desktop can integrate with several different 3rd party Apps/programs that offer additional features that may be helpful for what you're needing. To take a look at what's available, you can visit: https://desktop.apps.com/home If you need anything else or have any other questions, please feel free to get in touch with our QuickBooks Desktop Support using the (?) Help icon in-product! All the best! -Faith, The QuickBooks Team

Golden C.
Accounts Clerk in South Africa
Food & Beverages, 10,000+ Employees

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is the best Accounting Software solution. Simply the Best!

Comments: QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise has advanced inventory systems and reporting, it allows me to rebill individual job costs and it has got a very well coordinated option for payroll allocation. I simply need to run payroll function for me to manage my employees' compensation and company taxes. For me this software is still the best despite some of its shortcomings. I would still recommend it all day long.

Pros:

The compatibility of QuickBooks Desktop with other third party clients is very critical. I can link it with my banks and other applications and it works perfectly well. This software is user friendly and its interface is another notable advantage. This software allows me to manage all my clients' accounts and be able to produce financial reports as they are required. Its customizable features brings with it great value. I usually customize my clients' invoices and billing documents. Its out of the box features allows us to carry out our daily and weekly accounting tasks with ease. This software supports very complex accounting.

Cons:

The QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise has a steep learning curve. I took a great deal of time when I was training my workmates. The items I no longer use in the inventory list should be deleted instead of being made inactive. I need them deleted. This software has to be fine tuned to remove bugs when I am creating multiple company accounts profiles. They may need to add bar code scanning function.

Emerson D.
LTL Operations in Canada
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 Employees

Quickbooks is the gold standard

Comments: Quickbooks has become an indispensable element of my business, and I'm still using it after 11 years.
It simplifies payroll, AP, AR and anything else my accountant would charge me to do.

Pros:

Quickbooks has very intuitive accounting functionality for a novice to learn from. While it's possible to make some mistakes as a rookie, their software support has always been very knowledgeable and quick to help us. The baked-in functionalities that interact with your bank, your accountant and countless other applications are hard to overlook. Overall, it's a great product at an affordable price.

Cons:

Some of the default invoice settings take some work to customize. Also, sending invoices one at a time is a bit cumbersome once you start doing dozens of daily invoices. Further, there are programs that offer a better breadcrumb trail to find user changes.

Patrice K.
COO in US
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees

Great Tool but you still need to know Accounting Principles and Rules

Comments: QuickBooks has helped us with getting things done quicker and more efficiently. Dealing with Customer support can be tricky but it doesn't happen often. The reports that we produce help our Executive Leaders and Board of Directors stay informed of our financial position and are fairly easy to produce. Most accountants are familiar with QuickBooks so it is easy to send them data when preparing our year end filings.

Pros:

Its fairly easy to use as long as you know Accounting Principles and Rules. It's not going to tell you what GL numbers to post things to so you have to know this before attempting to post things. The accounts payable (Vendors) and Accounts receivable (Customers) is pretty easy to use. Reconciling is quick and easy (as opposed to doing it my hand which I used to do). Calculation sales tax can be tricky...you need to make sure it's set up correctly. I like that the desktop version can be used in a multi-user environment so more than one person can work in it at a time.

Cons:

The worst thing about this product is their customer support. They are hard to get in contact with, try to charge you for every little thing and unless you get someone who actually knows what they're doing (instead of working off a script) they can really mess thing up more than you can imagine.

Alain jove R.
Alain jove R.
Freelancer in Philippines
Telecommunications, 501-1,000 Employees

Bookkeeping has never been easy with this

Comments: Overall, QB is an awesome accounting tool especially for noobs like me who doesn't have any background on the matter. It does a great job of updating the reporting data and a scheduled cutoff time to allow you to know that some data won't still be present and are still in the works. Payroll, sales, and the likes are just made simple because of this.

Pros:

This relatively easy to use app is outstanding. With its simple interface with a lot of features for the average and the advanced user makes importing and exporting a breeze. Although it has selected platforms to integrate to, it still works well and does a great job with automating business and even my personal finances. I like the way reporting templates for weekly, monthly, are there for ease of use, which can be customized further to suit my needs. It's easy and convenient because it avoid the human error of calculations with old method of pen and paper, and even the improved ones of using spreadsheets and its counterpart apps. It is even better with optional plugins to make accounting a walk in the park, that's for a small additional fee of course.

Cons:

This is a bit pricy compared to other apps out there that have more or less the same functionality. It would be helpful if the excel/csv import can be better as sometimes the alignments and other elements have minor issues. And this is the same with switching from one mode to another which can sometimes have issues with the entries. And lastly, it would be nice to improve the quality that the customer service provides because it is not really great. I'm sorry to say but it's not so customer service oriented that the Quality Assurance department should work hard in weeding out those bad apples.

Tiffany S.
CFO in US
Public Safety, 2-10 Employees

Advertising versus delivered

Comments: Overall, the software is very functional and user friendly. The extra steps that I use outside the software would be nice if they were integrated, but I have been doing them for the last 4 years, so it doesn't affect my routine. I like how quickly I can create an invoice if someone asks and I can fill in the blanks for tracking later without affecting my bottom line.

Pros:

This software is very user friendly. Getting to individual accounts is easy and straight forward. The importing of bank records saves me a ton of time doing payroll and reimbursements each month. I can track all of the owner's businesses in one place without paying extra per company added.

Cons:

We opted for this version because of the PO tracking. The problem is, the PO's are not created by us. They are created by our customers so we can't actually use that part of the software that we paid for. I can still run reports and track project time and expenses, but I can't track a PO given to us and how much left to be billed. I still have to do that manually. It also doesn't integrate with T-sheets without renaming projects on one platform or the other. One is for my engineers, the other is for our customers tracking. The two do not use the same formatting.

April H.
Owner/Artist in US
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

Vital tool for small business

Comments: I recently purchased the 2020 version of Quickbooks for desktop, after updating my Mac operating system and finding out that I was basically locked out of 2012 version that I had been using - it could not be used with my new OS and I couldn't access any of my business files. After considerable research, I discovered that I could download a trial of a newer version so that I could access my information, but then I needed to decide whether I wanted to purchase a new version of QB for desktop or begin using the online version. I decided to get the 2020 for desktop because I tried the online program and did not like it at all. There is definitely a learning curve if you've never been a Quickbooks user before, but it far exceeds any other accounting software or program I've tried.

Pros:

Quickbooks offers everything I need to manage the accounts for my sole proprietorship, from budgeting and expense tracking to documenting vehicle mileage, all in one program. There are myriad other aspects of the program, such as inventory tracking, that I do not even utilize because I haven't taken the time to learn them.

Cons:

While I have been using Quickbooks for desktop for years now, I still have to look up how to do things and it is not a very intuitive program for someone who did not go to school for accounting or business. If it was more intuitive, I would probably use more of the features.

Andy M.
Director in Sweden

My Accountant Recommended This!

Comments: Overall I was happy with QB - I can access my accounts from my mobile and see what's happening in my company. As I said before, using software which is recommended by various Accountants speaks for itself!

Pros:

Just like any other kind of cloud application, the more you use Quickbooks, the more you enjoy using it and discovering more features. The fact that you can generate sales graphs simply is a great feature for generating reports for investors is a superb feature. Most importantly, this was recommended by my Accountant who could quickly export all of the data into their own system. This saved me a lot of money in the long run.

Cons:

Maybe too many menus to choose from which I would like to have the option of hiding. Since there are a lot of features and add-ons, some do not apply to me. So, more space please!