15 years helping Israeli businesses

About Mindbody

Boost your growth with management software designed for modern salons. Simplify your appointments, inventory, staffing, scheduling, and

Learn more about Mindbody

Pros:

It's very intuitive on the client end. My students enjoy the ease of scheduling and paying for classes and memberships.

Cons:

Customer Service, Pricing, Poor Interface, Difficult to Set Up.

Mindbody ratings

3.9
3.8
4.0
3.6

7.2/10

Mindbody has an overall rating of 4.0 out 5 stars based on 2,827 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Mindbody before?

Filter reviews (2,827)

Garrett
Garrett
CIO in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Learn It and Use It

Pros:

I can not state more clearly that Mindbody is the leader in what they do. They have their faults because of the way it was designed originally but they are working on those every day but no system on the market is better. I have a feeling that a couple years from now, they be much larger than what they even are now.

Cons:

the old design structure of the base platform could use some updates, which they are aware of

Lisa
Instructor in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Employees

Great tool to schedule classes

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Mindbody is so incredibly easy to schedule classes and it keeps track of my schedule. I can find classes and cancel if something comes up and I cannot make it. I can also see who is instructing the class. Basically, I never have to call the gym anymore because all the information is in the app.

Cons:

It is a little clunky when trying to schedule classes at multiple gyms. It is not easy to navigate between all of them but it is not impossible.

Miranda
Sports, 2–10 Employees

Overall VERY Disappointed.

2.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: So far I have only been with Mindbody for 6 months. And it is a nightmare.

Pros:

I like that they had a marketplace with other business', and that you can run a new client special that people can easily see.

Cons:

I switched from wellness living to mindbody in January of this year. I thought it would make my life easier, but it has done quite the opposite. First off may I start with the fact that mindbody allows you to set up late/no show fees but does not charge the customer automatically. I would manually have to go in and do that myself. Also, the fact that they must be in a contract for them to even store a credit card to charge is ridiculous to me. Also, every time I call for help, I am told I must do everything myself in front of a laptop, half the time people spend forever trying to figure out what’s the issue and then just never solve it and send me a bunch of emails on step by step how to do it myself. Not very convenient. Another issue I have is that all my emails that get sent out for campaigns and advertising just go to all my clients spam folders. Which defeats the purpose because they can never see them, and apparently you must have a domain email instead of a Gmail for this to even be reversed. Having all my advertising emails go to client’s spam folder is HUGE and is super bad for the business. Their only advice is to buy a domain email, which Is much too late for my business to change my email now. OR to ask every individual client to add the email I have as a contact, which there is no easy way to do. You think oh just send them all an email to ask them. Oh, wait they still wouldn’t be able to see it. I also created a new client form that I wanted people to be required to sign just once for the remainder of their visits, and apparently, I would have to individually send it to ALL MY EXISTING CLIENTS for them to sign it. Which once again is a ridiculous request. To be honest I am highly disappointed with the software switch so far, and as a business owner I can't say I’m sure that I would recommend it. It has not at all been convenient for me, I must figure out everything on my own and every time I call for an issue I am placed on hold for an hour with the situation and then I get sent emails on how to fix it, and then I just never end up figuring it out. I think I spend even more of my time as an owner on the phone with customer service than I did with my last software, which is really disappointing. 90% of the time I get the answer from customer service, that they don’t know what the issue is. And I am like, well I don’t either considering I am just the owner of my own business? Then they just send me steps on how to fix it on their best guess of what the issue is. I don’t even see the point in customer service at this point.

Laura
Front Desk in Canada
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

Never grew to love it

Comments: It was a fine enough experience. I was however in support of seeking out other booking systems that could sustain both class sign-in and appointment bookings.

Pros:

I used this product mainly to sign people into class and occasionally to book people in for a treatment. I appreciate that Mindbody offer the opportunity to do both and allow for therapists to run their practice out of the studio. I cannot comment on the quality of charting options available.

Cons:

I have used this platform for 8 years and I have never grown to love it. It frequently glitches. It isn't the most user-friendly. The last time I used it, they were trying to implement a new UI to sign people into classes. Instead of presenting an inviting, easier format, it's just incredibly annoying and counter-intuitive. Turning the prompt down once doesn't work; every time I log back into my account I have to click on a small button to use the old version. Although I don't know the cost, I have heard from many that it is very expensive for what it is you're getting.

Meredith
Recreational Facilities & Services, 11–50 Employees

Long term Mindbody user

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Ease of scheduling and booking clients. Payment processing.

Cons:

Need family based profiles. They only do individual profiles which causes issues with families.

Linda
Linda
CEO in US
Entertainment, 11–50 Employees

Worst organized company NOT support whatsoever

1.0 last month New

Pros:

Nothing....you can have the best scheduling app ever but without customer support that can take up to 10 hours a week to obtain answers, stay on hold, repeat calls, confusion among the corporation of not writing things down from last conversation, it is not feasible to do business.

Cons:

Their customer support is non existent and you will waste more time on the phone than doing work. We had them for10 + years and finally gave up. When we tried to leave them, they made it impossible to receive our data which is our entire database. They lied to us and said our database was wiped out immediately but it wasn't. Our losses with this company were vast.

Dr. Sarah
Chiropractor in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

When it works, it's great

3.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: This software has literally 100% of the features that I need out of a software to run my business smooth and efficiently, but I would kill for all those features to work closer to 90% of the time for the price I pay for it.

Pros:

Online booking Marketing suite with automated emails Appointment confirmations Personal branded app Membership and package management

Cons:

Customer support is terrible Nobody ever seems to understand how to fix the recurrent problems with the software There are constant glitches All automated emails are routed to spam Credit card processing is severely delayed by up to 5 days It is lavishly expensive for what you get

Tanille
CEO in US
Alternative Medicine, 2–10 Employees

My goto app for searching classes that are available for the time that I have carved out!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: MindBody is my go-to app for seeing what is available in local classes. It is also my go-to app when traveling; when I find a few hours, I can use it for self-care. I have explored many courses I would never have considered without using MindBody as my primary search. More minor business schedules do not populate a standard Google search, so I always use MindBody first.

Pros:

I love that I can see many types of classes available during a time slot that I have available for self-care. My schedule is always shifting, and self-care time slots overlap with other obligations. MindBody shares what's happening now and in the future, allows me to explore options and book classes, and sends me a calendar link with mapping. I love this app!

Cons:

Having a time slot - mileage willing to travel - and available search options would be helpful.

Tydie
Volunteer in US
Alternative Medicine, 2–10 Employees

Great for a Studio for Fitness Classes

Pros:

I liked the clean UI of the backend. It was easy to find a customer and add services/classes.

Cons:

It was a little difficult to backtrack and make changes if you just added a class or service to a customer. It takes some learning to do it with ease, just a but of a steep learning curve. Wish it were easier to make changes.

Olivia
CEO in Canada
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Been around for a while and got much hetter

5.0 last month New

Comments: Overall I trust the mindbody brand and am glad to see a business using it because it’s familiar.

Pros:

I remember using Mindbody years ago. It has come a long way since then. They must be taking feedback seriously.

Cons:

I find that some businesses have their business on mindbody plus their own app plus a website. Sometimes it get confusing which one to use.

Sharmila
President in US

Mindbody Online transformed my business

Comments: I tried to leave Mindbody once to go to Booker (now a MBO owned company) and that was a huge fail. They didn't offer the preferences that worked for my boutique, small studio. MBO has stellar customer service. Also, BOLD is beyond a doubt, the most exciting part of MBO and helping owners stay motivated, inspired and educated.

Pros:

Mindbody offers exemplary customer service. I have been with them for more than 10 years of the 15 years that I have been in business. It's user friendly, innovative and helps business owners to automate their work.

Cons:

The price for MBO keeps getting more expensive. Also, the partner companies can add up too.

Theresa

It is OKAY

Comments: I think until recently we were thinking of switching to something else that is more reasonably priced. I stayed on and am now using the new marketing software. We will see if it helps automate our business more.

Pros:

I like that it has an app and that our clients can easily sign up. Also, the billing makes it easy for a small business like ours.

Cons:

We have been using MINDBODY for the last 3 years. I just think it is okay and think there are so many other products out there that have come out that might be better. My biggest gripe is the cost. I wish it scaled more with how big our fitness business is. We have a small business and don't do a lot of volume but in order to get the marketing features we have to pay a huge premium. I also was bothered that that they just increase costs by a lot after we used it for a year and never gave any training about the new features that we HAD to pay for. I don't like that their actual internal network and app don't help get new clients. DON'T ever pay for that feature as it takes a percentage from the sale. You are much better off doing your own sales and marketing.

Jonathan
Company owner in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Frustrating software that causes no end of issues and no one to help!! (that was our experience)

Comments: Unprofessional, inept and impossible. We have been tirelessly attempting to deal with Mindbody to help us with our new company and have had so many problems on the way. The "Sad Robot" has to be the most frustrating logos that inform the user that "Something's not working right" has been the most common experience of us as company owners and worst of all, our clients/patients. The first 6 days we couldn't log on to our £300+/month (half price as a special enticement) and no one could help me. Finally we were logged on and as a gesture of goodwill the Mindbody team agreed to waive the first months fee...this was the one and only positive, as sadly things went from bad to worse. Our "onboarder" was [SENSITIVE CONTENT], who was very nice but due to the 8 hour time difference was unable to offer us training before 5pm UK time, when we have our young kids to contend with! So we were provided with a [SENSITIVE CONTENT], who frustratingly wasn't helpful and at times, rather rude. Attempts to ask questions and raise concerns were cut short by her repeatedly interrupting, so much so I actually struggled to attend our training due to her poor attitude and unprofessional approach. We asked her "why don't our clients get confirmation emails when they book online?". She replied "there's a bug". We asked "What's been done and when is it being fixed" to which she replied "You've been added to the list but I don't know when it will be fixed". How can we tell clients that? Proble after problem

Pros:

The name is good. The software looks so good when you see it on YouTube, but our experience didn't live up to the promises

Cons:

The problems just got worse and worse.... 1. Clients who booked online had their payments rejected. 2. Some were charged twice. 3. Some were booked and then cancelled, then when they tried again, the class was fully booked. 4. Then a whole days worth of payments were then voided, over £600 on our 2nd day of trading....gone! But, all the clients had the payment taken out of their accounts, so we had to ask them to show evidence as our Mindbody software was showing that the payment was voided. It made us look so amateur and clueless. 5. The widgets on the App don't work and the calendar disappears, then the link doesn't work. All the time I am paying my website designer to try to figure this out and no one in technical team is available to talk to him. Despite cries for help and emails to Ross. 6. Our card machine (£199) didn't work. We spent over four hours the day before our launch attempting to talk to a technical team that eventually got it working...for 2 hours and then the next day it didn't work again. So clients can't pay online as it doesn't work, and they can't may at our health hub... as the card machine doesn't work....so they have to pay by cash....who pays by cash and what kind of modern day company demands cash as their online software doesn't work and their card machine doesn't work?.....it makes us....sorry, Mindbody made us look like an absolute joke. 7. Instructors haven't been able to log on 8. We haven't had our payments through to our bank

Tatiyana
Retail, 2–10 Employees

I like it but..

Comments: Mindbody sets a high bar for business software. But unfortunately their quality of customer services does not match the high premium you pay. There are definitely softwares out there that will suit exactly what you are looking for with a support team that is willing to help you in every way at a fraction of the cost.

Pros:

Mindbody is like driving a fully loaded Mercedes Benz. Looks pretty. Has all the features. Very custom and detailed.

Cons:

Con: way too expensive. customer service plummeted. Not accommodating. Does not matter if you are a long term customer I feel like I am just a number and they could care less if they lose you as a customer or not.

Amanda
Owner, LMT in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Things are okay, but they could be better

Comments: Overall. Our experience is a positive one.
We certainly have our frustrations and have been met with dead ends on more than one occasion.
We have been continually researching and discussing with peers the use of other similar products to see if there would be a similar and more cost effective fit for us.

Pros:

-visually, it is simple and appealing -The customer service team is responsive and intelligent and we appreciate the remote controlling of the screen to learn while issues are resolved -Mostly it has accommodated the needs of our business

Cons:

-It is clearly most functional for a class-based business, we would love to see improvements and functionality for appointment based (one that stands out, is being able to schedule through our Google Business listing) -The fact that you raise your rates and do not grandfather in your current subscribers to stay at the same rate is really sneaky and I do not respect that at all. Just because you add features that we did not ask for or need, does not mean that your happy clients should be forced into higher cost for services they do not want. Some customer loyalty would be nice. -There are features that we "cannot change" at all that would make our business run more smoothly (how the check out options are arranged, the way that clients are able to book certain times using your software through our website, and using a GC to pay for a service when booking online...to name a few) -When mind body is down, our business is DOWN, and we have seen first hand how horrible of an impact this can have for us

6 years ago

Hi Amanda- Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our recent acquisition of Booker Software was aimed at improving the experience for appointment-based businesses like yours. In addition, we apologize for the impact that we have on your business when our software has an event, but know that we are actively working on solutions to prevent that from happening in the future.

Jonna
, 2–10 Employees

Hair salon owners: This is good for appointments, but its missing one MAJOR feature

Comments: Own a hair salon? This might be important to you too: I've been using MindBody for nearly 2 years at my salon for its online booking. I have nothing bad to say about how the online booking functions on MY end... meaning that when I log in and manage my appointments, it's pretty easy for me. It's actually REALLY easy for me and I love the way MindBody allows me to manage my appointments. So I do recommend it for this very important reason. HOWEVER, what I don't love about this service is that, according to my website designers SetMySite (these guys are incredible btw), there's no "customizable embed code"... in business owner terms that means, when the client wants to book their appointment through the website, they click on a link on the website that takes them OUT of your website and ON TO MindBody's website. There are other salon booking applications that allow you to create a custom look and feel to the appointment booking application and "embed" it onto your website, so that your clients can actually book ON your website. MindBody offers no such feature. So why does this ruin the experience so much? 1) It looks unprofessional! We consider ourselves a very high-end salon. Sending our client to another website that doesn't match the same look and feel of our website looks amateur and unpolished. Especially since our website uses dark colors, and MindBody's is all white - it's a very ugly contrast. 2) It's not very user friendly for the client. Originally I wanted a "book now" button under each service offering on my website and I wanted to have that button automatically take the client down the path to book that specific service once they clicked on it (obviously). But I guess that wasn't so obvious for the MindBody peeps as when someone clicks on the "book now" button on my website, it just takes them to a general page where the client has to fish around for the service they JUST TRIED to book on my site and re-add it so they can book! SMH. 3) When the client is taken to the MindBody booking page, they aren't greeted with a list of services to choose from. They are greeted the the need to "sign in" to an account. How could a first time client already have an account? MindBody should know that many many clients that book online are actually first time clients! Why not make it as easy as possible for them to book online? I feel like MindBody makes it as HARD as possible for them to book the service they want through the website itself.

Pros:

Excellent admin management. Wonderful for managing appointments and worth the money based on this alone. You pay more as your business grows. I have found the support to be excellent. I'm not sure why so many people here are complaining about the support. Everyone I've talked to has been really knowledgeable and helpful.

Cons:

No way to book appointments directly on your own website. This is a pretty big one for me obviously. The booking page for the customer is stark, confusing, and unnecessarily cumbersome. There needs to be a way to make the integration more seamless and pretty. I guess it's just very disappointing because the software and company are otherwise very good. This seems like such a no-brainer and I feel like I'm losing business because of it. This needs to be addressed.

Sean
Founder and Executive Director in US
Sports, 2–10 Employees

Considering Mindbody? BEWARE! They will say what you want to hear to get your credit card on file

Comments: TERRIBLE. They are misleading snake oil salesmen who are glad to swindle small family owned businesses without blinking an eye. Provided misleading and inaccurate information about functionality. THE WORST customer service when trying to make things right. They continue to charge my credit card multiple times after I canceled, leaving me to wait 30 days to get my own money back. They promised a full refund and decided to never refund a cent and they never followed up with me. The only reason I was able to get them back on the phone was because they kept charging my card! BEWARE: MINDBODY IS COMPRISED OF SNAKE OIL SALESMAN, CROOKS AND SWINDLERS

Pros:

Robust feature list, aesthetics are ok.

Cons:

The sales team will say whatever they think you need to hear to get you signed up, even if they are not fully sure about the functionality of certain features or if the platform is a good fit for you business. They will tell you it is a great fit, even if they know it is not going to work for you. I spent hours and hours describing in intricate detail the needs of my business and going over the functionality of the features to make sure it would work. They assured me it would be great. After being sold and working on on boarding for months, because it is an incredibly convoluted process, I came to realize the features I was relying on did not actually work as described, leaving me without an operating system for my business during peak season. The sales team and the development team and the onboarding team act completely independently and do not communicate consistently with the customer or each other, leaving wide gaps in the sales team's understanding of the actual functionality of the product. Instead, you will be provided misinformation, no matter if that leaves you and your business grasping for straws. When you try to work things out with customer service, they again tell you one thing and don't follow up or act completely different once you are off the phone. I was told I would get a full refund, only to never see a cent or ever get a call back. They also charged my credit card MULTIPLE times after I canceled; I had to wait 30 days to get my money.

5 years ago

Hi Sean - Thank you taking the time to leave a review of your experience with MINDBODY. We do see that our accounting team issued a refund for the charges you received after you cancelled your account with us, and apologize for that happening. Your feedback has been sent to our Sales Management team for review. We wish you the best of luck as you grow your business.

Peter
director in UK
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Stay well away from this company

Comments: MindBody missold me on the product. They promised me basic functions that the software simply wasn't able to deliver. When I expressed that this is one of the main selling points for me they said quote" I've checked it for you and we can do that". One of these things was a simple auto email reminder for customers when they are due for payment on their payment plan. This function could have saved me a considerable amount of time not having to individually email people. It took me weeks of communication to them to even get an I'm sorry out of them without any real resolution. I wish their sales people were more honest at the beginning and just told me outright that the software isn't for my business. They outright lied to me and seemed to be more keen on closing a sale than having a happy customer for the long run. They suspect they actually caused extra work load for their tech support team. While the tech support team was generally trying to be helpful I was told conflicting information several times about the same subject on how to adjust a certain functionaility or whether or not it can be adjusted etc. This also caused me several hours on the phone with them. This is very upsetting as I sept £1500 for onboarding then £190/month on monthly subsciption for using the platform. That's OUTRAGEOUS comparing it to what you actually get for that money!!!!!!! Upon leaving them they woulnd't provide my data in a userfriendly format even when I asked for it.

Pros:

I generally found their tech support team helpful and generally trying their best to sort out the issues you're facing. Although it often meant spending hours on the phone waiting for them.

Cons:

Not user friendly at all, neither from the customer's perspective nor from the admin side. Initially we had about 30% of the registration not going through due to the sign up process not functioning properly on the customers side. This is after spending £1500 on 2 months of onboarding with MindBody!!!! The software often wouldn't function fully on Safari. Simple tasks made extremely complicated on the admin side. For example: if you have to change a date of an event, you have to remove every person registered from the event and refund their account. Until you do that the software doesn't let you change the date. Once you removed and refunded everyone you can change the date of the event. Once you change the date of the event you have to individually re-register each person back in. The process of doing the unregistering and reregistering someone takes a couple of minutes each. This is just one example of many.

4 years ago

Hello, We are sorry to hear about your experience with Mindbody. We can see that your cancellation was processed, and wish you the best of luck as you search for a software that fits your business needs.

Richard
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

Skip this overpriced, poorly designed software.

Pros:

The actual customer interface is pleasing to look at. Customer support had a fairly long wait most days, but when you did get through to someone, they could usually solve the problem or let you know there was nothing they could do to help.

Cons:

I was contacted by a Mindbody sales rep who said their software would be "perfect" for doing online reservations for my business. I'm more than a bit disappointed in their software. This is a classic example of a very poorly designed system that has been endlessly fixed and patched. Here is my biggest complaint. The software allows a client to purchase more seats than what are available in a workshop scheduled for a particular date. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT AN ONLINE RESERVATION SYSTEM ALLOWS MORE SEATS TO BE SOLD THAN ARE AVAILABLE? Really, it's true. It is really and unbelievably true. Happens to us week in and week out and I have to call customers to apologize and fix the mess. Every month I have to schedule my classes and get them into the system. Because the software is so clunky, it takes a lot of time, multiple screens and it is prone to errors. I've recently switched to a new software system and what takes me 10 minutes now used to take me an hour with Mindbody. Training employees to use the system is extremely difficult. I finally gave up and just did the work myself. Their latest 25% price increase had me running for the door. There are other reservation systems out there that you can find on this review site. Don't waste your time with this one.

7 years ago

Hi Richard, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We have been experiencing a higher than average call volume and have been actively working on improving wait times, including launching a 24/7 support Twitter account. We'd like to hear more about your feedback about your worksthips being oversold. Can you send us an email at [email protected] detailing your experience so we can investigate? We know that you have many options for business management software and we appreciate that you tried MINDBODY. We wish you and your business success.

Lorrie
Studio Owner/Instructor in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Would love to find an alternative

Comments: It was relatively easy to setup and get going but I wished that I had more alternatives to test before putting my entire business on this. I am seeking an alternative.

Pros:

MindBodyOnline is used across many studios so it is easy to use. It does most of what I want it to do but not necessarily without workarounds. I really wanted this to work but it's now getting my financials wrong and this is huge for me.

Cons:

Very buggy. The phone app acts differently than the web browser application. It's making it nearly impossible to trust my appointments, sessions and payments for clients. I run my studio with the mobile app and it's getting increasingly challenging. As I am a small business, I feel that I don't have much weight to influence positive changes to the app through customer support. I've been told it's because I'm on an entry level version of the app and that if I upgrade I can get what I need. I don't feel that spending extra money after experiencing ridiculous price hikes over the past 2 years will help. I am desperately looking for an alternative to run my business. I've tried several times to talk with customer support and they are always very friendly and try to be helpful but I think they are limited to how the company is being run. I was told to email the CEO directly, I did that 3-4 times and my emails went unanswered. If there is anything I can tell you not to use: Referred by Relationship- It mixes packages and false payment information between those two clients Booking appointments by mobile app- It allows you to book and it automatically takes sessions from their package and reserves it for that session. When you check how many sessions they have left, it's not accurate because it already reserved these sessions so it looks like your client is due for payment when they are not. The web app does not do this!

7 years ago

Hi Lorrie- Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are actively working on improving our mobile apps and recently released a refreshed version of our mobile app. Each level of our software does offer more features, and we do recommend that you use our Starter level or above. If you do decide to leave MINDBODY, please keep in mind that our Terms of Service require a 30 day written notice prior to cancellation. If we can help you at all as you consider your options, please let us know!

Shakeyla
Health Specialist in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Driving the wellness industry!

Comments: Software is good for scheduling appointments and making business run more smoothly on daily basis. However, the price of subscription and customer service need improvement.

Pros:

Mindbody is effectively the most impressive and thorough programming that anyone could hope to find to assist with running your wellbeing and wellness organization. What many people may not know is that this organization is driving the charge to further develop wellbeing and wellness in this country. Having only one program that can accomplish such a great deal is an enormous in addition to concerning straightforwardness and thriftiness. In particular, it is extremely ideal to have a POS, planning programming, and web based booking across the board. Client assistance is very great. I never needed to look out for hold for longer than a couple of moments. Once in a while the assistance takes more time than appears to be needed and is hard to understand, however I feel that is more than shortcoming of this to some degree tangled programming than the genuine client care itself. The product is effectively open from anyplace. Mobile usage is great!

Cons:

I accept on the off chance that anybody considers utilizing other programming, it is on the grounds that you are compelled to use a certain charge card organization with Mindbody. They attempted to carry out a portable devoted installment gadget called POYNT which has been frustrating. It is bothersome, yet I was enjoyably shocked to have the option to return for a credit. Customer service could be a whole lot better. Reps that I spoke with were unhelpful at times.

Alejandro
Alejandro
Owner in US

Antiquated and not visually appealing , no app.

Comments: Automation and athlete tracking was not bad, although new software have picked up and improved on an original leader in the field. Data analysis and reports are good and accurate but not user friendly or visually appealing .

Pros:

Software does a good job of keeping track of clients and their information and gives them a platform to reserve their spot

Cons:

No app, antiquated on functionality and visually not appealing . One the leader in their field , the program has not changed its look since I first encountered it 15 years ago. There is no app for staff to use, there is no app to use as a check in station. Designed around a computer terminal one has to use a laptop and not able to use either Apple or android tablets as check in stations. the look and functionality has been lap by many programs that followed is such as zenplanner. Not only do other product has even a better user experience, but they beat them in pricing. They do many a la cart pricing when others include all the bells for far less price. Integration of email is only with a paid service when other allow you to integrate with services such as mail chimp free service.

6 years ago

Hi Alejandro- Thank you for leaving your thoughts about MINDBODY. We are happy to tell you that we have apps for both of the items you discussed in your review. The MINDBODY for business app allows staff to manage their schedules. You can read more here: https://www.mindbodyonline.com/business-app and here: https://www.mindbodyonline.com/blog/business-advice/software-features/how-the-mindbody-business-app-benefits-your-staff The Class Check-In by MINDBODY app allows your customers to check-in on an iPad, rather than needing a computer at the front desk, and some of our customers don't have a computer in their front-of-house at all. You can learn more here: https://www.mindbodyonline.com/check-in-app We're continuously evolving our products, and are happy to connect with you, if you have more questions.

Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

BIG MISTAKE

Pros:

None. This thing takes hours to set up - the numbers in the revenue tracker do not match up to the deposits in the bank account. We have to keep track of our own revenue and can't trust any of the numbers that show up in their tracking.

Cons:

Horrific customer service - insanely high price increases - unethical business practices - For example - we decide to try out a new retention marketing program that they came up with. Sounds like a great idea, decided to test it out. It sucked, whatever, we tried it and just decided to discontinue it. No-can-do. Apparently, without telling us, trying out the new automated follow up program bumped us up to a completely different version of the software - we thought it was just an add-on service. Well the thing sucked and we wanted to go back to what we had, but they eliminated that. But they didn't even tell us that they had eliminated it before we switched back. So they switch us back and we are shockingly surprised when we lose A LOT of functionality. We complain that we were never told when we upgraded, or when we downgraded what the consequences would be. They don't care. So here we are losing money as a result, because we can't manually adjust prices when necessary and spending a significant amount of time doing things ourselves that our employees were able to do before. So we just agree to go back to the upgraded version only to find out that all of our membership contracts and autopays information is gone. I know we are not the only ones this has happened to. I smell a class-action lawsuit coming...

6 years ago

Hello, Over the course of the past year, we have been rolling out new packages to our customers, giving them at least 30 days notice about when their new pricing will take effect, and what their options were. We'd like to look into the feedback you made in your review, but unfortunately, because you provided your feedback anonymously, we are unable to confirm that is what happened. Could you provide your business details to [email protected]?

Health, Wellness & Fitness, 10,000+ Employees

MINDBODY REVIEW (Merchant user)

Pros:

First and foremost, I am not on the customer end of this app. I am the back end user/subscriber and I pay a monthly fee to use this system to gain clientele for my personal training business. One thing I liked about the app is that it has many features that allow many ways to communicate with clients. They also have friendly training calls and the people are extremely nice. They seem to be from the west coast so they all seem very laid back, Cali style. They are excellent sales people who know how to get you to

Cons:

First and foremost, I am not on the customer end of this app. I am the back end user/subscriber and I pay a monthly fee to use this system to gain clientele for my personal training business. The company does not tell you how difficult the platform is. The fact that we need a trainer to show us how to use it should have let me know that I would require intense hands on training. The back end is difficult and the entire system requires lots of time. This is not a user friendly platform. Their customer service is the worst I have dealt with in many years. They do not offer refunds and if you do receive one, it is only done "At special circumstances" but it is not easy to obtain. The fact they say that there are no refunds is not good. They are mostly afraid that if you see the platform, you will steal their idea so they are more worried about their platform being stolen than making a customer happy. I was offered a free month because they guaranteed I'd be happy with their system. Unfortunately I wasn't and I decided to cancel with them. They never got back to me when I attempted by emailing their [email protected]. I also contacted [email protected] and requested cancellation. I had a chance to speak to a tech support on the weekend who told me that he would let them know to cancel my subscription. I contacted my trainer who also gave me heads up on how to cancel and let me know she would let them know on her end. I am currently waiting on the phone with them for 50 minutes for them to call me back because I am in cue. Their cue time was "first person waiting on cue has waited 50 minutes" so I am assuming that I am not next. Even after requesting for over one week to cancel, they charged my card eight days later. I called my bank and they said that they have dealt with them before on a personal level so their reputation is known to be difficult. Their default email I have received countless times is "Thank you for contacting MINDBODY®. Our team has been experiencing a higher volume of inbound contacts, which means that we may not be able to get back to you as quickly as we would like. We appreciate your continued patience during our peak season and we have some great help resources available online. You can access detailed FAQs, video tutorials, and more, click here to get started! All emails are saved and may be reviewed for quality assurance purposes." This is the email I received by support when asking to cancel, by clientcare. I am now waiting to cancel and I do not have the time to wait yet I need to in order to get my money back. Do not go with them for a trial unless you are ready to commit because they are extremely difficult to work with and will keep your money if you decide they are not for you.

7 years ago

Hi Azael- Thank you for taking the time to feedback about your time with MINDBODY. We apologize for your experience with wait times calling into our support team. We've been experience a higher volume of support requests and are actively working on solutions to improve wait times, including offering support through Facebook and Twitter for faster resolution. We see that you were able to successfully reach out Client Care team to cancel your subscription yesterday. While we understand your frustration with not being offered a refund, our Terms of Service do state that all fees are non-refundable. Thank you for trying our software as a solution for your business needs. We are sorry to hear that it didn't work out, but wish you the best in the future of your business.

Charica
, Self Employed

Regretful Massage Therapist

Comments: I am now with Acuity Scheduling...ultra cheap and convenient for posting links to scheduling, and can link a merchant account to it for card payments.

Pros:

The ladies I worked with getting connect to MindBody...Amazing! These ladies presented me with a great opportunity to connect to a huge network of people in my area that typically engage in massage services. The set up is easy, and you will have someone that makes sure you are ready to start using your scheduling system.

Cons:

Tech Issues: I had nothing but issues when it came down to my clients being able to join the network and start booking appointments. What I was the most shocked/upset with is there not being a protocol in place when it came to these issues, and the reps not being sensitive the matter at hand. I couldn't have been the first person with guest experiencing an issue exactly, or similar to mine. One time it took a client 6-7 times to successfully book an appointment!?!? I am available for walk-ins, so I could only imagine how many others just passed to the next massage therapist with a working scheduling system! Talk about upset and frustrated! While everyone is pleasant to speak with, kinda helpless when it came to the tech issue I had. Phone Calls: You will get phone calls from companies that partner with MindBody. Constant Contact is one. A email marketing scam! There is a button under the Manager Tools for them! If you are interested in a service like that, speak to SignPost. Value is much higher than Constant Contact. My point is you will have someone integrated with MindBody looking to squeeze a few bucks out of you weekly. Online Payments: Again, a hidden MindBody business entity. Can only use the merchant company they have. You cannot even post a deal without have a merchant account with who they provide. Deals are ways to get discovered on the platform...the hook. In short, your are forced to have the merchant MindBody provides. More squeeze. There is a 31 day cancellation policy in place, so I lost a few coins this month to a system they can't even figure out of how to diagnose and repair. I didn't argue with them to get my money back because I've wasted enough energy talk to the reps at MindBody. Good luck business owners needing this type of service. I wish you the best!