15 years helping Israeli businesses

Constant Contact Reviews

4.3 (2,742) Write a Review!

About Constant Contact

We deliver the tools to simplify and amplify digital marketing and drive results for your business.

Learn more about Constant Contact

Pros:

It also offers some excellent graphics solutions and allows you to configure your emails to also be mobile friendly.

Cons:

Email editor shortcomings: no way to create reusable items to be used across emails; hard to get to html when editor features are insufficient or inaccurate.

Constant Contact ratings

4.3
4.2
4.2
4.1

7.9/10

Constant Contact has an overall rating of 4.3 out 5 stars based on 2,742 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Constant Contact before?

Filter reviews (2,742)

Jaykumar
Jaykumar
Software Engineer in India
Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

From Constant Chaos to Constant Contact: An Email Marketing Odyssey

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Constant Contact has been a perfect fit for our small business! It's user-friendly, even for non-techies like me. Designing emails is a breeze with drag-and-drop features and plenty of templates. It's great for basic email marketing and customer communication.The only drawback is the pricing as our list grows. But for now, Constant Contact is my go-to email marketing sidekick, making campaigns stand out effortlessly.

Pros:

Forget fancy coding or a marketing degree! Constant Contact is a lifesaver for email newbies. Their interface is so user-friendly, even I can design slick campaigns in minutes. It's like having a drag-and-drop magic wand for crafting emails that get noticed.

Cons:

Constant Contact is fantastic for beginners, but as your email list explodes, the pricing structure can get a bit pinchy.

Sherri-Lee
Chief Fun Officer in Canada
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Constant Contact is an amazing platform with great support!

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Very satisfied, I have been with them for 10 years.

Pros:

Easy to use, low price point, great support, always updating and creating better options to serve us better.

Cons:

Sometimes the platform is glitchy, but they are always responsive to fix it

Camille
Director of Alumni Engagement in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

It's fine, but it's not Mail Chimp

3.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: They are just fine. Don't expect to be able to speak with anyone in customer service--you get ONE call a year, ha! But if you're looking for inexpensive, it gets the job done. There are others, namely Mail Chimp, that are superior for a reason.

Pros:

Constant Contact gets the job done. You can store email addresses and create emails.

Cons:

Two things: it does not offer suppressions from sending lists. It would be great to have a feature that allows you to ensure emails are either receiving or not receiving a communication. Second: how is it 2024 and their emails for mobile still just stack everything? They can't figure out how to translate columns and wrapped photos yet? Literally everyone else does this.

Kimberly
Kimberly
Executive Director in US
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

One of the Best!

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Great overall. It's better than most. Room for improvement (if not in price points) than in a UI/X and less to no errors.

Pros:

Constant Contact has the BEST customer service. Top notch!

Cons:

At this price point, there should be NO bugs in usage. Still, however, there are issues when trying to do a few things. As good as they are, and better than most, there if much room for UI/X improvement!

Fernando
Owner in US
Consumer Services, 11–50 Employees

Great Email Marketing Tool For Small Business

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I like that it has robust features including automation, posting marketing campaigns on social media, and email marketing, integrates with alot of applications as well

Cons:

the cost is a bit high and if you go over one contact into the next tier you get charged quite a bit, so you need to be careful about managing your database

Melanie
Manager of Digital Marketing in Canada

Great entry email marketing

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I liked the ease of use once a campaign was set up. Drag and drop template was easy to train clients to use. I liked the analytics of email campaigns and reporting.

Cons:

It's come a long way, but the ease of set up used to be quite complicated. We had a lot of clients move to MailChimp, but after using in 2023/2024 I find it's done a lot of work on its set up and templates.

Victoria
sales associate in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

The Best Automated System Ever!

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: My experience has been a happy one. Never has email marketing been more rewarding. It's as if I have my own social media marketer and virtual assistance in one for less. love it!!

Pros:

In the past I would send out emails to clients one at a time which took a lot of time as my email list grew. Using Constant Contact not only saves me time but helps me reach more people increasing my online sales.

Cons:

I absolutely love the system...I just wish more of my clients would open the emails which has nothing to do the Constant Contact.

Nha
Programmer Analyst in US
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Gets the job done

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It gets the job done for what I need to do.

Pros:

Makes it easier for me to create email and social media marketing the same time.

Cons:

Organizing the marketing content/campaigns categories or groups is not easy

Tessa
Marketing Specialist in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

An Easy Email Platform

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

I like Constant Contact's ease of use. Things aren't incredibly complex, so I feel like that speeds up our work.

Cons:

There isn't a lot of ability to customize emails based on our needs. Though it gets the job done, there are things I wish we were able to adjust that just aren't available. Additionally, mobile/tablet responsiveness isn't an option, so our emails show up differently depending on the device used.

Joel
Joel
OWNER DESIGNER in US
Apparel & Fashion, 2–10 Employees

GOOD SERVICE

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: MY EXPERIENCE WAS OK BECAUSE I WAS VERY BUSY AT WORK

Pros:

THE ATTENTION YOU GET FROM YOUR COACH AND STAFF

Cons:

THE PRICE WAS A LITTLE TOO NOT FRIENDLY

Michelle
Development Officer in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Ease of use for Small Shop

Comments: The team was great in getting us set up as non-profit with reduced pricing. Using their analytic tools for our website and social media has been an added benefit for us.

Pros:

Constant Contact is easy to learn, use and gather reports. The functionality is great and helps eliminate duplicating work. We love the ability to drop in a you tube video, conduct surveys and gather RSVPs.

Cons:

Only frustrating part is being signed out of account, but still being able to make changes. You don't know that your time has expired until you go to save the changes.

Kate
Editor in US

Poor Service - We Quit and Switched

Comments: Easy software, but many features gave us problems, and the customer service response was terrible. We switched providers as a result.

Pros:

In the early days of using this type of mailing software for subscription based newsletter campaigns, CC was at the top of its game and most popular. We chose it for that reason, and did it automate and streamline the process of sending email campaigns, however, the problems with CC falsely penalizing for spam caused us to switch providers.

Cons:

We imported a significant subscription list which we gathered over several years. When sending a campaign upwards of 5K to 6K, there are going to bad addresses or people which decide they no longer want the content. Fair enough, however, we had a double-opt-in platform in place, and send a campaign 1x monthly. There are always going to be individuals who hit "spam" on email platforms, such as Gmail, because it's a fast way to unsubscribe and delete. This happened enough times, with just 2-3 people (out of thousands) using the Gmail spam report, that CC began to throttle and limit our service. We sent, time and time again, evidence of the double-opt-in from a particular group of spam reporters, to show we don't send unsolicited email -- ever. CC would remove the throttle, but it happened enough times that we grew irritated. If CC made it easier to unsubscribe, and Gmail made it not easier to hit a "spam" button instead of an "unsubscribe" button from CC, we wouldn't have had the issue. We felt the customer service was poor and unfair given the extremely low percentage of those who clicked "spam" (2-3 individuals) out of 5-6K recipients on a given campaign. We closed our CC account, switched, and never had the same problem with the follow-on provider, who took better care of us, and, our readers.

Angelica
University Intern in Ecuador
Pharmaceuticals, 501–1,000 Employees

Building Lasting Connections: Unveiling the Power of Constant Contact

Comments: I had the chance to use Constant Contact during my internship at the university's Department of Pharmaceutical Development and Research for email communications and engagement with numerous stakeholders. The platform worked wonders in effectively distributing newsletters, invites to events, and research updates. Constant Contact's user-friendly interface and editable templates made creating and branding emails simple. The platform's automation features allowed for individualized communication and targeted messaging, assuring prompt follow-ups and engagement. We were able to track email campaign performance and gauge the effectiveness of our messaging thanks to its analytics and reporting features. The help of Constant Contact was essential to advancing our research goals and preserving solid relationships with the pharmaceutical industry.

Pros:

Constant Contact provides organizations with an extensive email marketing platform that enables them to engage their audience in meaningful ways. Making emails that seem professional is simple thanks to a user interface that is easy to use and a large selection of templates that are customisable. Businesses may send subscribers targeted, personalized messages thanks to the platform's powerful automation tools, which improve client connections. Constant Contact offers thorough analytics and reporting that give useful information about subscriber behavior and campaign performance. It also has other capabilities like event management and social media integration, which makes it a flexible marketing solution. Constant Contact is a great option for companies looking to boost their email marketing tactics because of its dependable delivery rates and helpful customer service.

Cons:

Although Constant Contact has many advantages, there are a few things to keep in mind. Comparing the interface to more contemporary email marketing tools, some consumers might find it a little old. Because the platform's pricing is determined on the amount of contacts, it may not be advantageous for companies with lists that are expanding quickly. While adequate for the majority of applications, Constant Contact's automation capabilities might not be as sophisticated as those of certain rivals. The template modification choices may not offer as much freedom as other software options, but being adequate for the majority of users. Despite these drawbacks, Constant Contact is a great option for organizations looking for efficient email marketing solutions due to its wide range of capabilities, high deliverability rates, and customer service.

Feyisayo
Freelancer in United Arab Emirates
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Bulk Email Marketing At Its Best

Comments: I like using Constant Contact and the experience has been good especially with bulk email sending.

Pros:

1. Constant Contact makes it easy for me to send bulk email that goes straight to inbox and that what got me entangled with it. 2. I noticed a very rare feature that Constant Contact have that many other doesnt have. Constant Contact, allows me to collect donations from people. Many of the clients i have helped setup Constant Contact like the donation feature part so much too. 3. Constant Contact allows me create absolutely any kind of form that is needed for my list building.

Cons:

Constant Contact doesnt have a free forever basic plan. Although they give first month free but I think they should have a plan for small businesses starting out who cannot afford their $20 a month.

Cheryle
Owner in US
Hospital & Health Care, Self Employed

Review for Constant Contact

Comments: Constant Contact has been a wonderful marketing tool and I have seen results. I love the ability to see who has opened my emails in real time, as I can immediately reach out to them while the contact is "hot".

Pros:

Very user friendly, but the most important feature is their customer service. I always get a real person right away when I have a question or need support. Helpful templates were there when I first got started, and they continue to be available. Their email functionality allows me to tract my emails and see who opens it (all in real time).

Cons:

I have been using this software for years, and I have no complaints. I am a one person business, with about 15,000 customers, so my database is not as robust as larger companies might need for marketing. I do not use Constant Contact for videos, slides, etc.

Ngenge
Ngenge
Telemarketer in Cameroon
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Constant Contact

Comments: Constant contact is the ideal marketing tool for you ( whether you run a small or large size business). I rate this tool 5/5 with no cons and highly recommend it. No matter your level in marketing, you'll get quality results working with it.

Pros:

There is no other features marketer research in marketing tools other, then simplicity, affordability, and effectiveness- and that's exactly what makes up Constant contact. Constant Contact is one of my favorite marketing automation tools by far most importantly for landing pages. It's cheap and affordable with superintensive features. It has a ton of professional pre-built email templates and provides great email management possibilities. One that brainstorms me most is the 2-month free trial it offers. I was very excited to learn that I could actually test out the tool for a couple of months before paying. This is what most competitors do not offer. I highly rate its automation capacities in terms of simplicity and effectiveness plus, list management is super easy too. I get on-time notifications and complete metrics on the various conversions my campaigns perform. The tool is user-friendly( I mean, from signup to user-dashboard). The team made everything super easy and they offer quality customer support. Integration with analytic tools like MonsterInsiggt and Mixpanel is super-easy and these tools are very collaborative.

Cons:

It's awesome and offers a great fascinating user experience and I have no conservatives with it yet.

Marketing specialist in UK
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Constant Contact Review 2022.

Comments: As a small business owner, I wear a lot of hats. I'm responsible for everything from customer service to product development, and that can make it hard to find time for marketing. That's where Constant Contact comes in. Their platform makes it easy to create beautiful emails and track their performance. I can see who's opening my emails and clicking on my links, and that helps me to adjust my strategy on the fly. Plus, their live chat support is always there to help me when I need it. Thanks to Constant Contact, I'm able to connect with my customers and grow my business - without spending all of my time on marketing.

Pros:

Constant Contact is one of the most popular email marketing platforms. It offers a wide range of features and is very user-friendly. I have been using Constant Contact for a few months now and I am very happy with it. Here are some of the pros: 1) It is very easy to use; even someone with no technical skills can easily create beautiful emails. 2) It offers a lot of templates and stock images, so you can create professional-looking emails without having to hire a designer. 3) It allows you to easily segment your list, so you can send targeted emails to different groups of people. 4) It includes powerful tools for tracking email opens, clicks, and bounces, so you can see how your campaigns are performing. 5) It integrates with many third-party services, such as Salesforce and Google Analytics. Overall, I am very pleased with Constant Contact and I would recommend it to anyone looking for an email marketing platform.

Cons:

Overall, I was pleased with Constant Contact. The software is easy to use and navigate, and the email templates are attractive and customizable. I also appreciated the ability to track opens and clicks, as well as to segment my contacts into different groups. However, there are a few areas where Constant Contact could improve. First, I would like the ability to schedule emails in advance. This would be helpful for times when I know I won't be able to check my email for a few days. Second, I would like more options for automation. For example, it would be useful to be able to automatically send a follow-up email to people who didn't open my first email. Overall, Constant Contact is a good option for small businesses or individuals who want to send attractive emails with minimal hassle. However, there are a few areas where the software could be improved.

shiva
shiva
ASSISTANT MANAGER in India
Civil Engineering, 10,000+ Employees

Constant Contact: The Complete Email Marketing Solution for Your Business

Comments: Constant Contact is easy to use, even for those with limited technical experience, thanks to its intuitive drag-and-drop interface and library of customizable email templates.Constant Contact's lead capture tools, including signup forms and landing pages, which make it easy for businesses to grow their contact lists and reach more potential customers.Another benefit of Constant Contact is its robust reporting and analytics features, which provide businesses with valuable insights into the performance of their email campaigns, allowing them to make data-driven decisions about future marketing investments.

Pros:

1.Email Templates: Constant Contact provides a wide range of customizable email templates that make it easy for businesses to create professional-looking email campaigns.2.Contact Management: Constant Contact's contact management system allows businesses to easily manage their email lists, segment their contacts, and target specific customer groups.3.Lead Capture: The lead capture feature allows businesses to capture leads from their website and social media channels and add them to their email list.4.Reporting Analytics: Constant Contact's reporting analytics provides businesses with valuable insights into the performance of their email campaigns, allowing them to make data-driven decisions about future marketing investments.5.Integrations: Constant Contact integrates with a wide range of third-party tools and services, including CRM software, social media platforms, and eCommerce platforms, making it easy for businesses to integrate email marketing into their existing workflows.Overall, the user-friendly interface, lead capture tools, email templates, reporting analytics, and customer support are some of the most impactful features of Constant Contact. The product is generally considered to be easy to use, and the integration with existing business processes is seamless, making it a popular choice for businesses looking for a comprehensive email marketing solution.

Cons:

1.Limited Design Flexibility: Some users have reported that the design flexibility of Constant Contact's email templates can be limited, making it difficult to create highly customized designs.2.Pricing: Some users have reported that Constant Contact's pricing can be higher compared to other email marketing solutions, particularly for businesses with larger contact lists.3.List Management: Some users have reported that the list management features in Constant Contact can be challenging to use, particularly for businesses with large and complex contact lists.4.Limited Automation: Some users have reported that Constant Contact's automation capabilities are limited compared to other email marketing solutions, making it difficult to create complex automated campaigns.5.Limited Integrations: Some users have reported that Constant Contact's integrations with third-party apps and services can be limited compared to other email marketing solutions, making it difficult to seamlessly integrate with existing business processes.

Jenny
Philanthropy Officer in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201–500 Employees

Constant Contact Is Okay; Improvements Needed

Comments: Honestly, Constant Contact is fairly infuriating when designing marketing emails, but it integrates with our database, so we continue to use it. And even the integration is not perfect and any time I've found issues, Donor Perfect puts the blame on Constant Contact and Constant Contact puts the blame on Donor Perfect and if I ever press further, I've been told "It's two giant systems integrating, the integration will never be perfect." So guess we're stuck with Constant Contact for now, but it is rather annoying to use.

Pros:

It integrates with our database, Donor Perfect, and syncs each night, which is helpful. The ability to segment and create lists is good and I appreciate that you cannot accidentally duplicate contacts. It's also nice to be able to schedule social media posts as well off the emails.

Cons:

Designing emails in Constant Contact is such a pain. It always does SUPER weird things, which I suspect has to do with the way the emails auto code. Back in the day, you used to be able to manually go into the code and change it, which we would do regularly. But then they changed to this "simpler" format, and while it is more user friendly, they took away the option to manually change the code. When we asked them about getting that functionality back, we basically receive a big shrug. So now you have to deal with things like if you copy text from ANYWHERE (even Notepad, which has no formatting) and paste it into your email, the actual font, font color, and font size are NOWHERE NEAR the actual font, font color, and font size you have already in your email, so then you have to select that entire patch of text and redo it so that it matches whatever text you have, and sometimes it randomly bolds things too. It is such a pain. This happens too if God forbid you decide to actually TYPE in the box, the font attributes will all completely change, unless you type in the middle of your paragraph and then delete around it. It's maddening. Additionally, when you send tests to yourself and then forward them, the spacing completely changes, so I have to tell my bosses that no the actual email is not actually going to have giant spaces in it. And when you send an email from Constant Contact that has a background color and forward it (this is in Outlook), the background color comes with it, so you have to manually change the page color of your email, which is difficult for me to teach some of the older staff on our team to do.

Kaitlyn
Partner and Sales Manager in US
Apparel & Fashion, 2–10 Employees

Increased customer base

Comments: We love to reward returning customers, we know there are a lot of choices in clothing and jewelry. We used constant contact to make sure all of our customers know about our rewards and have the opportunity to use them in store and online.
As a boutique it's important that we have items our customers are looking for but may not be able find in a mainstream store. We use the surveys to find out what styles our customers are most interested in, which also makes the customer feel valued and included. We discovered that out customers were looking for different styles than what we had originally anticipated.
The pricing makes all of this a bit irrelevant since I can purchase the same services for much less from another software company.

Pros:

The amount of new customers we brought in was awesome, we kept in touch with past or current customers, meaning they're more likely to become repeat customers. Email tracking and email automation, surveys (or polls), high deliverability rate, click tracking, insights, and ease of use are all pros. Customer service is very responsive.

Cons:

Constant contact costs more and provides less for the price than most of the other email marketing software I've used. I'm absolutely fine with paying more to get more but it doesn't make sense to pay more to get less. Business 101... Depending on who the recipient has their email address with, more or less of the emails from constant contact may to wind up in the promotions label vs primary.

Violeta
Marketing Manager in US
Computer Hardware, 11–50 Employees

Good platform for email campaigns

Pros:

What I like most about this platform is the fact that I can classify the list of subscribers according to my needs. When sending email campaigns, I can select which group to target instead of sending it to all of my leads. Their analytics is very clear and easy to understand. They provide tips to improve campaigns and stats to measure your effectiveness on each campaign.

Cons:

I wish this platform would have more innovative features to make more powerful campaigns. For example, adding videos or gifs. I usually design my campaigns on Canva and then add it in Constant Contact as an image because their designing tool is very limited. It will also be very useful if they would add a link for calls as they do to direct people to websites and emails.

Curt
Curt
President in US

Easy to use, great for contact management, but terrible customer service

Comments: The email analytics and reports are great.

Pros:

I use CC to to manage our large contact database and to send out email updates. It is great for segmenting our list -- from general interest to communications to fundraising. The automated features are great, especially that it will not allow the same email to appear in the same inbox twice. It also merges duplicate contacts. We use it across the entire organization. Constant contact is great for merging duplicate contacts, updating your address book, giving a reliable open rate and thorough reports, and allowing you to segment large email lists.

Cons:

When uploading additional contacts, CC wants to see how they actively subscribed. This can be problematic when uploading an older email list (i.e. you may just have a spreadsheet of The List and they want to see more evidence). Additionally, it is a little pricey compared to competitors such as MailChimp. It would be great to be able to export email campaigns as HTML.Be extremely careful when importing contacts. Constant Contact wants to see how they actively subscribed. Sometimes it is hard to prove this when you have entered information for people you have an established relationship with, or if they verbally requested to be added. Constant Contact wants to actually see the (paper) sign-up sheet. This is unachievable for businesses/groups that have been around long enough to have established an email list based on personal relationships or when importing business cards. As for the design, sizing images can be difficult when you are using a self-designed template. As for the contact management services, representatives have very little technical knowledge and don't seem to understand marketing techniques used within certain industries.

Business Supplies & Equipment, 2–10 Employees

The highs and lows of constant contact.

Pros:

1)Easy to use: Constant Contact has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy for users to create and send emails, even if they have little to no experience with email marketing.2)Customizable templates: Constant Contact offers a wide range of customizable templates that users can use to create professional-looking emails.3)Advanced features: Constant Contact offers advanced features such as A/B testing, segmentation, and automation, which can help users fine-tune their email campaigns and improve their results.4)Integration with social media: Constant Contact allows users to easily integrate their email campaigns with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, making it easier to reach a wider audience.5)Excellent customer support: Constant Contact has a reputation for providing excellent customer support, with a team of experts available to help users with any questions or issues they may have.

Cons:

1)Expensive: Constant Contact can be more expensive than some other email marketing tools, especially for users with large email lists or those who need advanced features.2)Limited customization options: While Constant Contact allows users to customize their templates, the options for customization may be limited compared to other email marketing tools.3)No free plan: Constant Contact does not offer a free plan, which may be a drawback for users on a tight budget or those who are just starting out with email marketing.4)Lack of integrations: Constant Contact does not offer as many integrations with other tools and platforms as some other email marketing tools.5)Poor deliverability: Some users have reported issues with email deliverability with Constant Contact, which can be a major issue for any email marketing campaign.

Trish
Volunteer in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201–500 Employees

Email Marketing

Comments: Overall, it's very good. It's pretty easy to use and the emails are really nice looking. They provide lots of templates to choose from or you can design your own. You can create many contact lists so you can target your emails to the group you're trying to reach.

Pros:

Constant Contact is easy to use. You don't have to have extensive training in order to figure it out. They have lots of templates to choose from. You can talk or chat to a real person when you need help. They also offer a non-profit discount, which is very nice. The emails are very nice and professional looking. Once you have a template you like, you can copy it each time and change the colors to make it look fresh.

Cons:

The events site is set up a little different than the regular emails. So adding things to the landing page isn't quite as easy as the drag and drop method that's available for the email marketing portion. Also, the event feature is good for taking basic registrations and payments (like selling items) but not great for a full blown event. We used it for several years for our fundraising event but it was a bit cumbersome. There was no easy way to do things like offer sponsor levels with X number of guest tickets included. Eventually we moved our fundraiser to an event-specific software.

Jessie
Jessie
Member Services Specialist in US
Utilities, 51–200 Employees

Great tool for our Cooperative

Comments: I'm happy with Constant Contact and we just renewed for another year.

Pros:

Email management is easy to add/remove addresses, whether that's by me or those signed up. I love the social media scheduler feature, I'm able to schedule posts to go to multiple platforms from one program.

Cons:

I miss the calendar. There used to be a calendar that integrated into Outlook so I could see all of my scheduled campaigns. It developed a bug that it's not working in Outlook. It was nice that I didn't have to log in to see if I had anything scheduled for the day.