Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT Reviews

Filter by:

• Overall
  • Customer Service Software

About Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT

Financial Edge NXT delivers complete fund accounting features so you can streamline financial processes and demonstrate accountability.

Learn more about Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT

Chris N.
Chris N.
Manager, Information Systems
Philanthropy, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2017

"Excellent!"

Pros: Easy to Use and access. I would recommend Raiser's Edge to anyone. Once you have aligned your system with Finance reports are really easy to produce.

Cons: Raiser's Edge has so many fields that can be used or created, if you don't have an established process things can get messy like any database.

• Reviewed on 18/12/2017
Candace C.
IT Manager
  • Reviewed on 20/05/2015

"Financial Edge, Student Billing and Raiser's Edge - Powerful Tools!"

Pros: I have used Financial Edge for over 10 years in both "traditional" non-profit settings, as well as a school. In all of these organizations, we also had Raiser's Edge - which was integrated with Financial Edge. Through the canned reports, as well as building custom reports, I have been able to accurately report on my organization's finances. The Student Billing module allows a school to record all payment activity for a student and tie that directly to the GL.

Cons: I have encountered many organizations that purchased Blackbaud Software without being properly trained. As a result, they become frustrated with the product which leads to negative comments. The sales reps should not be allowed to sell the software without a training package included.

Lawrence W.
Database Coordinator
Philanthropy
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2016

"An holistic way to view your financials."

Pros: Financial Edge offers a holistic way to view your organizations financials from payroll to charitable contributions and accounts payable to fixed assets. Because the product can integrate with Raiser's Edge it's a great way to improve efficiency and communication between your finance and development departments while eliminating duplicate work in terms of data entry. It's a robust system that can replace less flexible systems such as Quick Books.

Cons: Initial set-up and integration with Raiser's Edge can take a very long time. Before you're up and running smoothly, it's estimated that you'll need to invest 6 months to a years worth of work. While comprehensive, Financial Edge is inflexible in terms of account coding. You have to know your financial structure before beginning to set up. This isn't a learn as you go type of software.

• Reviewed on 20/09/2016
Angelo D.
Academics Coordinator
Higher Education Software, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/03/2017

"Raiser Edge Platform"

Comments: Raiser's Edge is a very useful tool for any Non-Profit Business owner who wants to keep track of their donation and any important contact in the database.

Pros: I like how easily it can track donors donation and give us a complete data of the earnings for the month

Cons: It would be nice if we can scan a business card and easily enable to automatically populate the person information in the system

• Reviewed on 01/03/2017
Geoffrey G.
Administrative Assistant

"Business Office Specialist"

Pros: We have been very pleased with our selection of Blackbaud products for all aspects of our business over the past 20 years. Financial Edge is a fully-integrated solution that is flexible enough for all the variations that come up in our particular office. Blackbaud has phenomenal customer support. I like their specific focus on non-profits.

Cons: Because Financial Edge is so flexible, there are many ways to accomplish similar tasks which sometimes makes the initial setup and early use of the system a challenge for newer users.

Gregory S.
Chief Financial Officer
  • Reviewed on 23/05/2017

"A step in the right direction"

Comments: FE NXT has greatly improved the efficiency and productivity of our finance department. We no longer have to generate reports for each individual department manager at the end of each month now that they have access to them 24/7.

Pros: - Access anywhere from any device
- Drill down capabilities
- Easy report creation
- Sleek desktop design

Cons: - Needs more concise mobile interface
- Can take some time to load information
- Inability to schedule report runs

Brooke N.
Accounting Program Specialist
  • Reviewed on 16/05/2017

"I work mostly in the AP portion of the program, some journal entries"

Pros: I love how this software integrates with it's Raiser's Edge program. We are able to easily move information from there into Financial Edge, which limits the potential for errors. Plus, we are utilizing less time by not having to type the same information over.

Cons: Finding your way around in the beginning takes a little time. Especially when you are looking for something specific.

• Reviewed on 16/05/2017
Ashley L.
Assistant Controller
  • Reviewed on 20/06/2018

"Very intuitive"

Pros: The Visual chart organizer makes it easy to shuffle our numbers into different formats depending on the purpose and the audience.

Cons: I don’t like having to click multiple tabs to see all related information abt something (budget and actuals for an account, or vendor info and payment activity) but looking forward to NXT which will solve this.

• Reviewed on 20/06/2018
Laura M.
Philanthropy, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/01/2018

"Blackbaud Works Efficiently"

Comments: Overall Blackbaud stores all your information and makes your accounting transparent and easy to input.

Pros: Blackbaud is a very clear and straightforward software which helps track all donations, and donors and dates and amounts in which the last donations where made. It can also pull reports depending on different queries which can be great for board meetings and financial reveiws.

Cons: Blackbaud Financial Edge's only downfall is the complication on which to easily pull a querie. For new users or users that don't use the software on a regular basis to pull reports it can be tricky to pull new queries and can occassionally even delete or change previous queries.

• Reviewed on 10/01/2018
Randall M.
Associate Director, Database and Finance
Philanthropy, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/05/2017

"Excellent upgrade of legacy financial system"

Pros: Being able to add attachments easily, record journal entries easily, and add vendors easily are great. The report looks a lot cleaner, and having click-through capabilities on the reports is huge.

Cons: There are still features that have not been migrated, including some we use regularly. I'm hoping all AP and budget features are migrated soon so we don't have to keep toggling between the interfaces.

Christine D.
Administrative Assistant
  • Reviewed on 20/05/2015

"I have been working with The Financial Edge program for 15 years."

Pros: The program does so much that makes me more efficient at my job as MS/US Administrative Assistant at an Independent school. Whenever I am stuck and can't figure out something, the people at Blackbaud are quick to lead me to an answer and they are ALWAYS personable & friendly.

Cons: There is nothing that I do not like. There are facets that I still need to learn or to master, however.

Stephen E.
Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/10/2016

"Great for Education"

Comments: We implemented Financial Edge two years ago and are very happy with the system. The implementation phase took some time and planning, but having the system setup as desired has been great. We utilize the Accounts Payable, Cash Receipts and General Ledge modules of Financial Edge. We did utilize Student Billing, however with the merging of Smart Tuition with Blackbaud we made the transition to Smart Tuition. We do use Raisers Edge and Education Edge as well, which has proven helpful as the records can be shared across the various platforms.

Pros: Versatile and easy to navigate

Cons: Can be expensive

• Reviewed on 20/10/2016
Marsha C.
VP of Finance
  • Reviewed on 05/07/2018

"Need for consolidation in one software."

Comments: Would really like to see Blackbaud come up with one software for Fundraising, Finances and Budgeting

Pros: On Line Resources: We seem to be able to get some good on line resources but extra service fee for a call.

Cons: Too many clicks to get what is needed. Too many modules which are interrelated causing a larger expense which at first was less.

• Reviewed on 05/07/2018
Aaron S.
Primary/Secondary Education, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/08/2017

"Does What I Need, But Not the Easiest to Use"

Pros: The reports are fairly easy to generate, and have many customization options. Setting up templates and favorite reports is very helpful.

Cons: It's not the most user-friendly or intuitive of software. I can't stand the bank reconciliation (which could just be my own problem, to be sure). I don't often work with invoices and printing checks, but when I need to I have difficulty determining how to do so (again, could be my own limitations, I just wish it were more intuitive).

• Reviewed on 18/08/2017
Heidi T.
Business Analyst
  • Reviewed on 01/01/2016

"Financial Edge is a robust system that helps non-profits."

Pros: The software is user friendly and super robust allowing non-profits ways to streamline accounting and keep the data integrity.

Cons: Expensive for additional users. We upgraded to FE NXT and we could use an additional seat but it is too expensive.

• Reviewed on 01/01/2016
Jennifer J.
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2015

"Financial Edge Review"

Pros: The level of detail makes reporting very easy. I can get everything I need for the Single Audit in very to easy to read reports. I love that Blackbaud is committed to making the product intuitive and current with the most recent technology. I am super excited about FENXT!

Cons: The payroll module could really use a makeover! It is not very easy to update schedules or find the reports that we need.

• Reviewed on 06/02/2015
Peggy K.
Primary/Secondary Education
  • Reviewed on 22/09/2016

"Financial Edge - Accounting"

Pros: Navigating the system is very user friendly, as is data input.

Cons: Data entry is clear but the report writing is challenging

• Reviewed on 22/09/2016
Yanli Z.
Finance Manager
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/01/2017

"Financial Edge for Non-profit"

Comments: I have been using this product for several months. It is a great product, I really like it.

Pros: The product has a lot of features for fund, grant and project management which is totally necessary for our organization. The learning resources are rich, the technical support team is fabulous. Almost everyone I had talked with is very knowledgeable.

Cons: I like the import feature for any module, however the data has to be in csv file, you end up to switch from excel and csv a lot.

• Reviewed on 20/01/2017
Jana G.
Director of Finance
  • Reviewed on 11/05/2017

"Financial Edge NXT - what was promised has not been delivered."

Comments: We regret moving to this cloud based platform. We should have stayed with the regular old FE.

Pros: Nothing. What was promised was not delivered. We have two locations and used to be able to function on one platform. In the cloud based version we have to log in and log out to go from one location to the other. It has definitely slowed our productivity.

Cons: It is slow, cumbersome and the reports that we were led to believe to be available are not part of this version. All excel reports have to be reformatted.

• Reviewed on 11/05/2017
Ashley D.
Office Administrator
Philanthropy, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/10/2018

"Best to use for financial planning!"

Pros: This comes in handy when we want to project a budget for the next few years. It allows us to make comparisons from our current and past years to see where we need to make changes etc. It also helps when we want to share the data collected and share them with our staff that isn't necessarily financial people, it helps make it clear for them.

Cons: The grant accounting is a great tool, just not one that we actively use at our non-profit. I would love to do more with this in the future.

• Reviewed on 15/10/2018
Stephen E.
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2015

"Positive Experience"

Pros: It does what I need it to. The AP system is easy to navigate and allows for ease when cutting checks. The Cash Receipts module allows for easy recording of deposits. The General Ledger module is easy to navigate and report from.

Cons: Downloading reports. I do not like the way that reports download or the format when exporting to Excel. The uploading features are good, but again, it would be better if you didn't have to use a separate portal.

• Reviewed on 04/12/2015
Nancy Y.
Database Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 05/10/2017

"Easy to use"

Comments: Love It.

Pros: That I can use it anywhere, from any computer. It is easy to use and the what's new let's me know when new stuff happens.

Cons: Takes too long for all of the things I need to be developed. I don't use FE NXT, I just use RE NXT.

• Reviewed on 05/10/2017
Steph U.
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2017

"NXTers on the wagon"

Comments: We jumped on the NXT wagon when it first came out. The product was still being developed, but at the same time we were able to provide input and feedback on how we would use the product.

Pros: Web access

Cons: Limited day to day input functionality

• Reviewed on 17/02/2017
Deenah M.
Philanthropy
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2014

"The best nonprofit accounting software"

Pros: It's easy to navigate within all the modules of the software.

Cons: There is nothing that I have come across that I don't like about this software.

• Reviewed on 13/11/2014
Mary T.
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2014

"I have 11 years experience working with FE"

Pros: The support is the best in the industry, and the software is intuitive.

Cons: Other than the expense and timing out of Citrix, I am very pleased with the product.

• Reviewed on 30/09/2014