Rent Manager Reviews

Filter by:

• Overall
  • Customer Service Software

About Rent Manager

Powerful property management software that combines all the features you need to run your business into one integrated solution.

Learn more about Rent Manager

Anne J.
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2019

"Best Customer Service in the industry"

Comments: I had the misfortune of having to deal with another company that is a competitor of RM. I must say that after that fiasco I am even more impressed with the outstanding customer service you get with Rent Manager . The staff of customer service representatives is the best I have ever dealt with. They are always cheerful, knowledgeable, and so very helpful. I love Rent Manager.

Pros: I have used RM since 2008. This product is easy to use and makes property management easy and efficient.

Cons: The product has so many functions that it takes a while to learn them all. The yearly conference is an awesome place to learn all the functions of this amazing software. Plus it is fun.

by London Computer Systems on 26/07/2019

Hi Anne,
Thank you so much for your review. We love working with your team as well and we hope to see you all again at RMUC this year!

• Reviewed on 24/07/2019
Dana L.
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2018

"Decent software for daily use."

Comments: Once everything was set up, the software was relatively user friendly and had a lot of capacity for maintaining information in a multitude of departments within the company.

Pros: This software can link your to a multitude of websites that really aid in effective marketing strategies. There are many different reports that can be ran that are beneficial to a multitude of departments. Generating documents and keeping track of document history was effortless. The customer support for this software is fantastic!

Cons: It can be a little tricky to set the software up to function how you need it too. When setting Rent Manager up to link information directly to our company's website and third party marketing websites, it was so tricky I had to spend a great deal of time with customer support to get things running how they should. Also, creating new reports was tricky and only one person in the company knew how to do it.

by London Computer Systems on 29/05/2018

Hi Dana,

Thank you for your review! Our customer support team really appreciates the shout out. If you ever need assistance with custom reports in the future, our Professional Service team would be more than willing to help out. They work with customers every day creating custom reports, custom tabs, custom integrations, and more. We also offer training such as our RM12 Scripting Virtual Classroom and weekly webinars stored in Rent Manager University.

• Reviewed on 21/05/2018
Lindsey V.
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/08/2019

"Easy to use"

Comments: Rent Manager allows me to easily track all business needs ranging from managing resident accounts to managing both accounts payable and receivable to investment management. This platform is easy to use and understand and customer service is great.

Pros: This software is easy to use and can be customized easily. I use this software to manage residents as well as for all accounting purposes and am very pleased.

Cons: Online lease signing not as user friendly to set up and implement.

by London Computer Systems on 16/08/2019

Hi Lindsey, Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear you are loving the customization and accounting features. Definitely give us a call regarding the online leases - we can take a look into your setup to see how we can help.

• Reviewed on 14/08/2019
Christopher F.
  • Reviewed on 01/05/2018

"Rentmanager has been a positive factor in the growth of our company."

Pros: You can petty much customize the program to fit your operation. Being able to intergrate our screening, maintenance, reports, phone system & website & e-commerce into one system for our office is a tremendous asset. It allows our office to function smoother and more efficiently which in turn, allows us to handle more properties with less personnel. Rentmanager is continuously upgrading the software and introducing new modules that can be incorporated into your operation. I also like that the company is privately owned and carries little or no debt.

Cons: Converting from the Rentmanager 11 to the 12 version took more work than I anticipated. It can be difficult keeping up with all the changes and additions that are continuously happening.

by London Computer Systems on 03/05/2018

Thank you for your review Christopher! We're so happy to hear Rent Manager has been able to help grow your company. With all the new additions, be sure to check out RMU. Our training team is working hard to add new courses each week to discuss any new features that have been released. Your account manager, Nick, is always more than welcome to walk you through any recent releases as well.

Gustavo G.
  • Reviewed on 17/12/2018

"Happy customer."

Comments: We manage several units for different landlords, and having an integrated accounting system to our management software, saves us (and our owners' CPA's) a lot of time as the information is readily available with different reports as per accounting standards. Also, the automation in online applications, payments and rent collection, made our work much easier.

Pros: Integrations with ACH third parties co's for payments and rent collection and Background check work seamlessly, making those processes automatic and effortless for the user. Online applications are also of great use, saving users the time of filling prospects information. Accounting integration is a plus, so no other software is needed for said purpose, you can even fill your 1099's and 1096's through RM.

Cons: In the new version (RM 12) when a property has several units in it, it is not possible to make chart of account transfers in a "per/unit" basis, same as reserves.

by London Computer Systems on 18/12/2018

Thank you so much for your feedback Gustavo! It's great to hear you are loving all of the time saving features available within Rent Manager. If you ever need assistance with the program, give us a call. We're here to help.

• Reviewed on 17/12/2018
Marylou B.
  • Reviewed on 06/08/2019

"Rent Manager Review"

Comments: Overall, I think Rent Manger is an amazing product. I have put customer service through a lot of "extra" work, working with me to make RM as efficient a tool as my mind could make it and it has not disappointed me yet. I tell everyone - RMs potential - to me - is limitless.

Pros: There appears to be very little Rent Manager cannot do. You may have to contact customer support to explain what you are trying to get RM to do (in terms of report wise), but I have yet to come across an idea that RM was not able to work with me on how to produce.

Cons: The drop down menus are narrow - so if you don't remember the property account number, you have to scroll down to "find" your account.

by London Computer Systems on 08/08/2019

Hi MaryLou, Thank you so much for your review! We're happy to hear you are enjoying Rent Manager. Never hesitate in giving us a call - we love working with you all!

• Reviewed on 06/08/2019
Sarah C.
Manager of Accounting
Commercial Real Estate Software, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/05/2018

"Robust system for property management"

Comments: Rent Manager assigns you a dedicated "trainer" for a 60 day period in which you can schedule as many phone calls as you would like. The trainer logs in to your computer and guides you through step by step how to use the system. When the 60 days was over, we felt ready to be on our own. However, we are still learning new things day by day. Overall, this is a great program and I would recommend it to any property management company!

Pros: This software is very robust and can handle more complex property management tasks. This is the only software I have found that I can use for my full accounting needs. I stopped using Quickbooks and fully use Rent Manager now. It can handle property management and real estate transactions simultaneously. It is able to automatically handle a lot of items I was having to do manually with my previous system.

Cons: Sometimes my co-worker and I get kicked off of the system for no reason. Occasionally we also have to log out and log back in to be able to print. I don't know if this is due to our internet connection or the software. There was an extensive training period needed (60 days) and we are still fine tuning our use.

by Kari on 21/05/2018

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for your review and welcome to the Rent Manager family! Our training team appreciates the shout out and Carson loved working with you all as well. Typically if there is a connection issue, it is the internet connection. Next time it occurs, feel free to give our support team a call and we can help identify the issue on the spot. Also, definitely check out our training calendar (https://www.rentmanager.com/customer-resources/training/training-calendar/) for all of the live training courses available each week. This can help you become a Rent Manager Guru in no time!

• Reviewed on 14/05/2018
Diane C.
Commercial Real Estate Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 03/08/2017

"Great way to organize your properties."

Comments: I can speak intelligently and have charts, graphs, and any type of reports necessary to convey all required information to owners.

Pros: The selection of reports available to run for owners is great; The ability to customize the reports if need be; The breakdown of each property; The ability to create new locations for new projects.

Cons: Hold time for customer service; the process of running through all the check boxes of some reports; the inability to email customer statements in a group, rather it is done one by one.

by London Computer Systems on 04/08/2017

Hi Red Star Property Management,
Thank you for your feedback!

I will pass your comments regarding customer service and reports back to our management team. We are constantly looking to improve Rent Manager and would appreciate any additional feedback you might have. Feel free to send us any feedback via our new Feature Request Form: https://www.rentmanager.com/customer-resources/customer-support/submit-a-feature-request/. Have a great day!

• Reviewed on 03/08/2017
Kevin G.
Commercial Real Estate Software, 2-10 Employees

"Broker/Owner"

Comments: Overall this has been a good software for our business, having not used other programs it is hard to compare, we get what we need at a good price, as they say "if it's not broken, don't fix it".

Pros: Easy to work with, the display and layout work very well, and you can undo transactions without having to jump through hoops.

Cons: I think the C.A.M side could be better, and setting up multi user's was a problem to stop people getting into the wrong property.

by Kari on 02/05/2018

Hi Kevin,
Thank you for your feedback! We are constantly making updates to our software and we would love to hear how we can make our CAM module even better for your business. Please let us know any ideas you might have via our Feature Request Form (https://www.rentmanager.com/customer-resources/customer-support/submit-a-feature-request/). Our management team will review your submission and see if it would be a good fit for an upcoming development cycle.

Greg D.
  • Reviewed on 30/04/2018

"Great Product and Service"

Comments: Have been a Rent Manager user for over seven years. Always have tremendous service with any question or concern.

Pros: The software is the easiest to customize of any that I have researched. This was tremendously important for our business and has allowed us to grow the business with ease to adapt to changes in technology and the business.

Cons: 1. Have to write a con in this section to complete survey! Would like to see a work flow ability allowing us to integrate our Share Point and Rent Manager software.

by Kari on 02/05/2018

Thank you so much for your review Greg! We’re happy to hear you’ve been able to grow your business with Rent Manager these past seven years. We would love to research the Share Point integration as well. I will have your Account Manager reach out so we can learn more about what you would like to use this integration for and see what we can do.

• Reviewed on 30/04/2018
Lisa W.
Member
  • Reviewed on 13/04/2018

"We have been thrilled with Rent Manager 12!"

Comments: Saves so much time!

Pros: This product is easy to set up, the company has great customer service and we are very happy with this platform. I wish we had moved to this years ago. Helps us work smarter, not harder!

Cons: No payroll module, Rent Manager needs more keyboard commands for those of us who understand you get more entered without reaching for a mouse!

by London Computer Systems on 19/04/2018

Thank you for your review Lisa! We're so glad you've joined the Rent Manager family and that Rent Manager has been able to help your business. Let us know what additional features or keyboard commands you'd like here: https://www.rentmanager.com/customer-resources/customer-support/submit-a-feature-request/ . Our management team will review your requests and see if we can add them into our development cycle.

Leigh anne E.
Accounting Manager
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2018

"Rent Manager is necessary for growth"

Comments: I would recommend Rent Manager to any property management business. Big or small, Rent Manager is the software for you.

Pros: Rent Manager is constantly updating and improving the system. The overall feel and user interface stays relatively the same, which makes integrating all the updates and new features really easy!

Cons: No cons if you take the time to understand the system. It can be frustrating when you don't know how to do something but the Help feature and RM resources for support are always there when you need them!

• Reviewed on 14/12/2018
Gabrielle P.
Assistant Manager
  • Reviewed on 27/03/2018

"Rent Manager is an effective way to manage owners accounts."

Pros: I like that it helps a lot with monthly maintenance payments and delinquency.It keeps us on track with payments and monthly bills.

Cons: It freezes sometime and I have to reboot the program and start over.Sometime rent manager can get really slow.

by London Computer Systems on 29/03/2018

Hi Gabrielle,

Thank you for your review and feedback on Rent Manager! It's great to hear our software is helping your business with their monthly maintenance tracking. I am passing along your feedback to our management team so they can research the speed issues in detail as well.

• Reviewed on 27/03/2018
Brandie C.
Packaging & Containers, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/08/2019

"Rent Manager Review"

Comments: Overall, I give the program 10 out of 10

Pros: What I like about Rent Manager the most is that it is easy to use and the customer service is amazing!

Cons: Our storage company needs to have a gate function implemented into the software so our gate can be controlled through this program.

by London Computer Systems on 06/08/2019

Hi Brandie, Thank you for the review! If there is a particular vendor you would like to work with regarding gate functionality, I would check out our API option to see if we can connect them with Rent Manager.

• Reviewed on 02/08/2019
Jay B.
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2016

"Outdated, But Comprehensive"

Comments: The program itself is pretty outdated compared to most products out there today but does have decent functionality in terms of reporting and user-defined fields specifically. The main downside for me is the fact that the program only runs off of a remote server and you can't access through a standard browser. The price point is not bad overall, but the way that they have over a dozen add-on products with additional charges and the deceiving way that they present their different products was quite discerning for me. When I had an issue with billing by rent manager, I was treated rudely, and they were extremely unhelpful. I have looked into other software in the past 2 months and I am planning on switching starting January 1st. Although there are a few minor features that this new software will not provide, I have found it to be a large improvement overall from Rent Manager.

Pros: -Comprehensive reporting;
-Overall price point (excluding add-on feature, which really brings up the cost).

Cons: -The remote server set up, which only allows logging in from a computer previously set up;
-Only one user is allowed on the program at once (you pay for extra users);
-The interface is extremely outdated (it looks like Windows 2000)
-Electronic payments and credit checks are not incorporated and are done through outside companies, which is extremely annoying;
-The system for service requests and work orders is extremely convoluted and, in my opinion, useless;
- You cannot reconcile your bank accounts automatically, which is pretty common these days:
-The upload and download feature does not work properly and is a waste of time;
-The apps associated with the software is not made well, and you really have very little mobile functionality.

• Reviewed on 14/12/2016
David L.

"Very easy to use"

Comments: Believe me I tried every program out there for any price
It leads back to rent manager
Nothing like it
The EPP Mgmt

Pros: It has all in one and no need to have accounting out of the system like any other company that there is out there

Cons: Maybe to have online V like the V12
That would be better if u are out of the office like on any computer

by Kari on 19/04/2018

Hi David,

Thank you so much for your feedback! We do have mobileRM, which allows you to use Rent Manager on the go. Let us know if this is something you'd like to check out!

Darla B.
Accounting Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2019

"Program Needs More Development"

Comments: We switched from A very outdated version of Yardi to Rent Manager in hopes of gaining more features. We did get that but we went backwards in terms of functionality. The reporting needs work.

Pros: We were looking for a Web based program. Thus program had easy to follow icons. The Newer technology allowing tenant online payments was a big draw.

Cons: The program is a bit too simple. It needs to be more robust for this industry. There are so many variables in Property Management and they are too cut and dry.

by London Computer Systems on 04/10/2019

Hi Darla, Thank you for your review. We have quite a diverse feature set and one of the most customizable programs in the industry. We would love to check out your current Rent Manager setup to see if the specific features you are looking for might not be turned on yet or dive into some of the reporting options you have within the program. This could be a simple permissions update for your user account from your system administrator as well to make sure you have the feature access you need.

• Reviewed on 03/10/2019
Noor A.
IT Director
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2018

"Great Experience"

Pros: Enjoy customer service. App is well written. Like the interface as well as the capability of having frequently used and history options

Cons: Some things are difficult to find, especially permissions. But once they are found they are easy to change.

by Kari on 19/12/2018

Hi Noor,

Thank you so much for your review and our customer support team says thanks for the shout out! If you are ever trying to find something in Rent Manager, in the top right of the application (or click F11 on your keyboard), it will bring you to Command Launch. Type in any feature or report name and it will take you straight to the area in the program you are looking for. You can also give us a call at any time and we can gladly help you navigate though all the user permissions available.

• Reviewed on 18/12/2018
Natalie P.
Business Admin
  • Reviewed on 02/03/2017

"Not good for a big property"

Comments: I work at a 740 unit property. it does NOT run smooth at all. To find an easy answer you have to pull different reports in different areas to get the answer you need. There are errors and issues that happen almost daily and sometimes multiple times a day. The program should make your job easier not harder. It has been over 3 months and they still can not fix or have not fixed the Aged Receivables report. When you run the report it includes prospects-even though you check a box to NOT include them! One of the reasons our owner got Rent Manager 12 was because the phone calls were recorded now RM found out that it is illegal to store recorded phone calls in the tenants history/notes so you can't use that anymore. Not happy with their program or service.

Pros: recorded calls-until RM took it away.

Cons: Multiple Issues Daily

by Kari on 13/03/2017

Hi Laurenz Place,

Thank you for your feedback. Your review was brought up to our management team and I see that they have reached out to you for additional feedback. Our storing of recording phone calls feature is fully legal (regulations may differ by state) and I am happy to see that you are currently working with our team on this issue.

As always, we put our customers first and we are always willing to help. Please reach out to our support team at any time if you run into any issues in the future.

• Reviewed on 02/03/2017
Tim A.
  • Reviewed on 18/09/2019

"Exactly what we needed!"

Comments: This has saved us time and helped us run our business more efficiently.

Pros: We searched for several years to find a software system to track loans and that have all the features that we needed...and then we found Rent Manager! This program is efficenient, extensive and I love the fact that its a cloud based system.

Cons: I wish the reports were a little more customizable for different companies/owners.

by London Computer Systems on 20/09/2019

Hi Tim, Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear you are loving Rent Manager! Feel free to give us a call regarding the reports you are looking to create. Our professional services team would be happy to help customize them to your liking.

• Reviewed on 18/09/2019
Michael V.
Director of Ops
  • Reviewed on 12/04/2017

"Rent Manager"

Comments: Rent Manger works well for our office. They are responsive to questions and have a lot of good training.

Pros: Rich reporting and tracking of info makes KPI and audits easy

Cons: Our company's Mindset was more owner/Tenant based rather than Property based. There has been a transition in changing our accounting and processes.

• Reviewed on 12/04/2017
Alexandra S.
Receptionist
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2019

"Rent Manager Review"

Comments: Overall, I have had a positive experience with Rent Manager. I use it daily and it tracks a great deal of data for all of our tenants (previous, current, and future).

Pros: I like that the signable documents automatically upload to history/notes once you complete them. That allows for easy transferring of documents.

Cons: I do not like how the transactions are displayed. They are often out of order and seem to be confusing when trying to discern a balance.

by London Computer Systems on 04/10/2019

Hi Alexandra, Thank you for your review! On the transactions screen, you should see transactions ordered by the date they were entered into the system with a running balance on the far right. Please give our support team a call and we would be happy to help you look into this (800-669-0871 option 4).

• Reviewed on 30/09/2019
Mandy M.
Mandy M.
Leasing Agent
  • Reviewed on 02/04/2020

"Great tool to manage tenants and properties"

Comments: Very easy to use- we use it daily to manage and track all sides of the transaction.

Pros: I really like that I can see everything from owner to details on a specific home all in one place. Very easy to use and to manage all sides of a transaction.

Cons: It has to be open on its own screen so I have to toggle back and forth versus viewing multiple applications in one window (usually my notes)

by London Computer Systems on 10/04/2020

Hi Mandy, Thank you so much for your review! We're happy to hear you are loving Rent Manager. Our Support team would be able to review your setup and show you a few tricks to view multiple tabs on the same screen or the ability to use dual screens with Rent Manager. Feel free to reach out to them directly at 800-669-0871 option 4 for assistance.

• Reviewed on 02/04/2020
James B.
  • Reviewed on 05/09/2014

"Rent Manager Consistently Demonstrates Excellence"

Comments: I have been using Rent Manager since the DOS days so I have had the opportunity to experience their response to changing technology and user needs. They consistently prove themselves a leader in the property management software industry through their innovative, all-inclusive product.
Pros: Software that is a "one-stop" product, user-friendly and easily adapted, myriad reports, ability for user to create custom reports, integrated tenant screening and credit card/ACH processing, ability to attached scanned images to A/P invoices, incredible utilities billing module with mobile access that works great for meter reading, they don't try to do payroll processing (that's good) but payroll is easily imported from payroll processing applications, tech service people are knowledgeable and professional. Very responsive to user suggestions/recommendations.
Cons: The tech support process can sometimes be frustrating if there is an immediate need, but I accept the need to have a process in place in lieu of having people sit on hold for extended periods waiting for the right person to address an issue.

• Reviewed on 05/09/2014
Yossi L.
Accountant
Real Estate
  • Reviewed on 09/03/2016

"Great Experience! Really good on the accounting side"

Pros: Rent Manager is a simple to use software. I learned how to use it in just a short time. The accounting side of the software is unbelievable.

Cons: It is a little bit outdated, in terms of the feel of the software.

• Reviewed on 09/03/2016