• Overall
    4.7 /5

About 7shifts

7shifts is designed to simplify labor management, one shift at a time. Start your free 60-day trial today!

Learn more about 7shifts

Showing 25 reviews of 685

Sarah P.
Manger

"Longtime user"

Comments: Absolutely great! If you have any issues they help you out right away. Plus they are always evolving and take their customers suggestions and implement them.

Pros: Very easy to use. Lots of integration options and they are continually adding more. Easy for staff to use!

Cons: Not everything you need to do is on the mobile app or sometimes hard to find.

by 7shifts on 05/11/2020

Thanks for the kind words Sarah! We are humbled by your feedback, and happy to hear you have found a lot of value in our platform once you made the switch from Hot Schedules. Keep an eye out for even more great functionality being added soon.

Also, I'm going to have a member of our mobile team reach out to you in order to hear about your ideas for improving our mobile apps to better suit you.

Keith D.
Area Manager
Restaurants, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2020

"Great Product"

Pros: Ease of use for employees and managers.
Integration into Pos / Payroll export.
Live labor and Sales
Manager log and calendar

Cons: Long time for install date to be scheduled.

by 7shifts on 24/11/2020

Thanks for the review Keith! We are really happy to hear that you've made the switch to a platform that values your team as much as you. We will always try to ensure that we keep 7shifts easy (and free!) for employees.

• Reviewed on 16/11/2020
Gerad C.
President/Founder
  • Reviewed on 30/10/2019

"A Huge Lifesaver for Our 250-Seat Restaurant"

Comments: I really love the 7shifts people. They are passionate about what they're doing, super engaged with customers and always working to make us happy. They are a tech company that is really keeping the customer's needs in mind and working to make our lives better/easier. At this point I couldn't fathom losing the 7shifts toolkit at Prairie Dog Brewing.

Pros: 7shifts is really geared toward restaurant shift/labour management and communications, whereas so many of the other scheduling softwares out there try to fit the general case and don't handle the high-paced, dynamic nature of restaurant staffing nearly as well. From our perspective, 7shifts literally cuts down 5-10 hours a week of admin time, while also providing us a convenient, central location for communication with staff, basic HR data, etc. We use the free 7punches app to track time punches, which also has some nifty features that help us manage labour costs and keep better tabs on things like lateness. What I'm most excited about now is 7shifts' built-in "Optimal Labor" tool, which combined with our POS sales integration, provides me with HOURLY forecasts for my sales on given upcoming week, then tells me how many servers, bartenders, etc it thinks I should have on based on my sales, labour targets and past scheduling. It's not perfect, but its hugely helpful and lightyears ahead of what we were doing in the past, taking only a fraction of the time. 7shifts is a tech company that really gets restaurants and what we need, I eagerly anticipate every update to the software. I'm a techno-geek at heart, with my own tech industry experience, and by working with the 7shifts people and products, I immediately see a really healthy, creative tech culture at the company, which are poised to keep moving at a phenomenal pace and quality of output.

Cons: I wish we could get the Machine Learning auto-scheduler feature at "The Works" package level, even as a priced add-on. Currently the only way to get it is to sign up for a massively more expensive package that is really designed for franchise chains with many locations to handle. We have just one location, but really want the auto-scheduler (it's absolutely brilliant). I love the 7shifts web API and use it for quite a lot of our own software, but the documentation is really incomplete/out of date and I have to do a lot of reverse engineering either from their website or by making educated guesses. I can imagine that this might cause some friction or limit the abilities of third parties to integrate with 7shifts. Third party integrations have not been as robust or full-featured as I'd hoped, at least the TouchBistro/7shifts integration, but I think that's more due to the other side of the integration than the 7shifts people.

by 7shifts on 04/11/2019

Wow! Thanks so much for this amazing, detailed review Gerad. Our entire team really values your feedback and are thrilled to have the opportunity to work with you and your staff every day. We are working tirelessly to ensure that we are THE best labor management solutions for restaurants, so validation from our amazing users like yourself really drives home that we are on the right path. Also, thanks so much for the feedback on our Auto-Scheduler we are actively working on providing this functionality to more users like yourself and look forward to showing you what we are working on soon. Cheers!

• Reviewed on 30/10/2019
Emilee W.
Marketing & Events
Entertainment, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/10/2016

"7Shifts saved my company!"

Comments: I used to schedule my staff with an excel spreadsheet, screenshot and posted to a Facebook Forum. It was a madhouse trying to deal with shift swaps and reading the staff clockin/out cards to match their shifts. With a growing company this just wasn't gonna cut it anymore. 7shifts popped up in my personal Facebook feed and the rest is Kismet. The software has helped clean up so many of my payroll processes, allows my staff to switch shifts with only others of the same experience level or higher (so I ALWAYS have a manager on shift and not a hoard of brand new employees), helps my managers reach staff more easily, is so easy to understand that I haven't had to train the new staff on it and combined with the 7punches Clock-in/out software- I can relax knowing my staff can't clock in if they aren't on the schedule and my staff can breathe easily with the ability to calculate their paycheck in advance! The staff at 7shifts has always been extremely helpful and always welcoming for suggestions and updates. I can't imagine moving to any other system and am so glad I found it!

Pros: It is easy to understand, set up and the customer service is extraordinary!

Cons: I wish there were more manager capabilities in the mobile app, but the app has improved already since it was first launched, so I imagine it will only get better.

• Reviewed on 04/10/2016
Kaitlin K.
Event Mabager
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2020

"Keep up the good work!"

Comments: Overall 7shifts is the best scheduling software I have worked with (schedule fly, day force, written schedules). I would say the best part of the company is that they truly care about their clients and take the time to do serves like this one to keep in the know about customer satisfaction and are always striving to improve the product to adapt to all the industries they serve. Keep on doing what you are doing, it's working!

Pros: It is very user friendly. Schedules are easily created and notifications are sent to employees if any changes are made. This eliminates me having to individually reach out to employees. I also love the announcement board for when I need to inform my crew of changes to the menu or any other operational changes.

Cons: When inputting events into the calendar it would be nice to have more formating options. Ex. Type of event, time frame (if it extends past 12am making it so it doesn't show on the calendar for the next day) Also when employees try to book time off outside of the allotted time frame it would be nice if the admin still got notified since most employees just text you about it anyways. Perhaps the message could say "your time off request has been submitted but it is outside of the scheduling time frame therefore it cannot be guaranteed" or something like that.

by 7shifts on 16/11/2020

Wow! Thanks so much for the kind words and detailed feedback Kaitlin. We love working with you and the rest of the Drift team and can't wait until we can come visit you soon.

• Reviewed on 08/11/2020
Ginger W.
manager
  • Reviewed on 12/11/2020

"works well for what it does do."

Comments: It works well for what it does, but a few small things would make a big difference.

Pros: It is pretty easy to use. I like that it has staff ph.#'s and you can call or text through app without having to create a contact in personal account. as long as a staff member is in our employ, we have the important info in an easy to find format. It is easy to request time off and switch shifts through the app as well.

Cons: If someone wants to trade shifts, we have to scroll through all their shifts to see if they are going to go into overtime. It does give you a general hour count, but it is hardly ever accurate as sometimes staff get sent home early, and of course the app wouldn't know that. For me it would be great if you could tap someones name and it would show all their shifts in one place, and you wouldn't have to check every day to know whether or not to approve a change, like you wouldn't want to approve a 3rd double shift in a row, but without double checking every day, you don't know exactly what shifts a staff member has or will work.

by 7shifts on 18/11/2020

Thanks for the great, detailed review Ginger! We really appreciate your feedback and I've passed this along to our development team.

• Reviewed on 12/11/2020
Kristin B.
  • Reviewed on 18/10/2019

"Saves so much time!"

Pros: -Interaction between staff, ability to put shifts up for grabs and have others bid on shifts
-Messaging to groups or individuals
-Labour management with targets based on sales vs labour cost
-Easy to schedule, with everyone's availability/time off being visible on the schedule
-Easy to approve/decline availability & time off
-Managers log book, easy to use, direct email that comes in every night helps to stay in the know of all that is happening at each location
-Customer support is the absolute best! Friendly, Fast, Efficient.

Cons: -Sometimes the sales reporting isn't always 100% accurate in real time

by 7shifts on 22/10/2019

Thanks SO much for the review Kristin. On behalf of our entire team at 7shifts we are absolutely thrilled to have the chance to work with you and your team at Eva's every single day. We truly appreciate your feedback and support to help us provide the best possible solution to restaurateurs around the world. And a big congratulations to you on being one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada!

• Reviewed on 18/10/2019
Jason E.
  • Reviewed on 28/10/2019

"A Must Have for Scheduling"

Comments: I have been a fan of 7Shifts for the last 3.5 years since we switched over from doing excel spreadsheets. Its very simple and easy to learn/teach to new and upcoming supervisors or managers who have never done scheduling before. It has saved so much personal and labour time for my employee's to allow us to actually get real, hands on work completed.

Pros: It's very easy to use, A huge time save for any manager/supervisor, visually displays all pertinent info you want to see, Shows real time data from sales to help monitor labour %age, great future forecasting.

Cons: There's a few button interactions that don't quite function as you might expect but they are constantly updating items for smoother flow.

• Reviewed on 28/10/2019
Tricia N.
General Manager
  • Reviewed on 05/10/2016

"FINALLY one that works!"

Comments: We jumped into online scheduling three years ago with Hotschedules. Good concept but it didn't function as promised and no one could help you. NOT THE CASE with 7shifts!! This system does exactly what it says it will & they are consisting upgrading and making it better. They are on the other end of the phone when you have questions. They are open to your suggestions. They are helpful and nice!! Customer service means everything to me because it is what I do. My expectations are high and these guys deliver!! The functionality is fantastic. It is not too complicated, the reports aren't overkill, great organization of features and the staff loves it. It is easy for them to operate as well. The ap for their phone is free. Just awesome all around. It is definitely worth every penny!!!! Our restaurant is part of a group of four. They are all their own entity with different concepts, employees and managers. But we need to be able to work together still and 7shifts worked directly with us to make it work for us.

Pros: Ease of use by staff. They have no troubles giving away a shift or picking one up. Putting in their availability is a breeze. It's just not complicated or time consuming so my staff is actually using it!

Cons: Odd to me that I can respond to some things directly by responding to a notification email or text but other things I cannot. For instance, availability vs. a shift pick up.

• Reviewed on 05/10/2016
Marisa G.
  • Reviewed on 06/11/2020

"User friendly and overall amazing"

Comments: Customer service has been helpful and the access is of the app has been very user friendly for our company

Pros: It’s easy to use software for admins as well as employees. The functionalities are great

Cons: There are glitches at times but overall a great product

by 7shifts on 16/11/2020

Thanks for the review Marisa! We're so happy to hear that your restaurant has benefitted from our free integration since you made the switch from HotSchedules.

• Reviewed on 06/11/2020
Ryn G.

"7Shifts is great!"

Pros: The ease of use of this is so important- we provide very little training, and staff intuitively know how to enter availability and time off requests. A life saver!

Cons: Occasional glitches in software, but they are fairly rare

by 7shifts on 05/11/2020

Hi Ryn, thanks so much for the review! We're thrilled to hear that your team is finding 7shifts easier to use that your last platform and that your POS integration is valuable. I'll have a member of our team reach out to find out more about the glitches you are experiencing too. Thanks for being a 7shifts user.

Ryan C.
Franchisee and Owner
Restaurants, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/11/2018

"It works."

Comments: Working with the app has been awesome. Never had a problem. When something works well you should rarely need support. But there's been a few times I've asked a question on how to do something and they were super responsive and cool.

Pros: Its turn key. When opening a restaurant nothing is turn key. Once you set it up..It works 100% like it's supposed to. Communication/announcements. When there s a problem from the day before I can segment that based on position. No need to hit the FOH with a lesson that's only applicable to the BOH. This allows that.

Cons: Its really hard to find something I don't like. I really have no complaints. But I think a good feature to add: historic sales inputs- for the labor %- to continue the next week automatically.

by 7shifts on 05/12/2018

Thanks for the review Ryan! We love hearing that our client success team has been able to help you out so quickly. It's what drives them to always provide top-notch service!

• Reviewed on 29/11/2018
Maori M.
Project manager
  • Reviewed on 15/10/2019

"Great Experience"

Comments: 7Shifts provides an overall picture of labor cost and employees satisfaction every shift.
Managers can keep up with any modification and send announcements to all of their team members at once.In addition. managers can keep track of break times, late employees, days off requests and more!

Pros: It significantly reduced the amount of hours managers spent making schedules and revising them due to changes in employees availability. 7Shifts allowed us to provide a communication platform that was easy to use and accessible to all our employees.

Cons: No payroll integration that works well with Canadian companies.

by 7shifts on 16/10/2019

Thanks for the review Maori! We appreciate your feedback and are thrilled to hear 7shifts has helped streamline your restaurants' operations. I have also passed your feedback regarding payroll integration to our product teams. This is something we are actively working on right now in order to support our amazing customers like yourself. Cheers!

• Reviewed on 15/10/2019
Neddra S.
Server
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees

"Seven Shifts"

Pros: The way you can send a text to a coworker from the app

Cons: No way to highlight important shifts or dates

by 7shifts on 13/11/2020

Thanks for the review Neddra. Communication is an important part of any restaurants' operations, so we're thrilled to hear that you are making great use of all the communications tools in 7shifts. I've passed on your highlighting suggestion to our team to look into!

Amy H.
GM
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2019

"The best software"

Comments: The ease of scheduling is awesome- weather, budget etc is all there so you do not have to have multiple screens open.

Pros: It's simplicity. Easy for employees to put up shifts for grabs, easy to assign, easy to message employees and keep everything in one place.

Cons: The event page could use better navigating tools- ie. a drop down menu for searching past or future dates. We book a lot of weddings and christmas parties 6 months to 1 year in advance and would be nice not have to click through all the months to get to desired date.

by 7shifts on 20/11/2019

Thanks for the review Amy! We really appreciate you and the rest of the Drift team's support. One of our favourite local spots. Also, thank you for the feedback on the events page. I've passed that along to our product team to look at and see how they can make this even better for you :)

• Reviewed on 19/11/2019
Shari G.
General Manager
Hospitality, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2019

"Axels Bonfire"

Comments: This has been a great tool for all of our locations.

Pros: Very user friendly
Messaging tool
Manager log book/layout
Ability to manage labor by projections/wages etc

Cons: The times updates are made. They are made during normal business hours when we are most active.

by 7shifts on 11/07/2019

Thanks for the review Shari! Point taken about the updates I'm sent your feedback to our product team so they can be more conscious about the times in which we make updates to the app. Cheers!

• Reviewed on 10/07/2019
Stevan G.
Owner/Chef
  • Reviewed on 17/11/2019

"Great online scheduling tool"

Comments: Staff can put in their availability and time off requests on line at their convenience. The system alerts me and warns me of any conflicts, overtime and whether or not the employee is trained to fill a particular position on the schedule. It does all the thinking for you!

Pros: Our schedules are automatically sent to all staff, and they are alerted of any changes, shifts to pick up, etc.

Cons: Administrative functions take some time to learn how to use, and initial setup requires good planning and forethought, but once that is done it's smooth sailing.

by 7shifts on 18/11/2019

Thanks for the review Stevan. We appreciate your feedback and support. We really love hearing how 7shifts takes care of a lot of admin tasks for you once you've completed the initial setup. Cheers!

• Reviewed on 17/11/2019
Savanna H.
Owner/Manager
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/11/2020

"Life Saver"

Comments: I have been with 7shifts since it was a small company of about 10 people. I love how intuitive it is, I love that it is free for under 10 employees, I think everyone who has to do scheduling for any size of company or any industry should use this software. It is a complete game changer. I can't say enough good things.

Pros: 7shifts is intuitive to use and it has saved me an immense amount of time from doing the schedule to the employees time off requests and shift changes.

Cons: There is nothing I don't like about it.

by 7shifts on 16/11/2020

Amazing! Thanks so much for the review Savanna. It's amazing to hear that 7shifts has been a game changer for your business, no matter the szie.

• Reviewed on 09/11/2020
Tiffany W.
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2019

"All in one scheduler and communication tool"

Pros: This is the easiest tool to train new employees to use. Management loves the scheduling templates and communication tools. It is our sole communication tool for employees.

Cons: The feature that predicts sales doesn't always seem to work and bring in appropriate numbers. This could possibly be a user error, however, we have done a few steps to investigate the issue without success.

by 7shifts on 30/01/2019

Thanks for the kind words Tiffany. We really enjoy working with your team at Publick House and we're thrilled to hear that both managers and employees say it's easy to adopt. Thanks for mentioning sales forecasting as well. I'll have a member of our team dive into it for you and reach out with a solution. Cheers!

• Reviewed on 29/01/2019
Taylor K.
Food and Beverage Supervisor
Food & Beverages, 201-500 Employees

"Great Workplace Software!"

Pros: I love how all my employees information is in the same place and easy to access. Employees can easily view shifts, co-workers for the day, the shift pool and contact information for everyone.

Cons: I wish the manager log had a few more options that would be useful for our company

by 7shifts on 13/11/2020

Thanks for the review Taylor! Having everyone in one place makes managing a busy restaurant WAY easier, so we're happy to provide you with a solution. I've passed along your feedback to our team regarding the Manager Log Book and someone will be reaching out to you in order to learn more about what would make your life even easier.

Cierra S.
Owner/Operator
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/11/2020

"Living Skies Cannabis Review of 7Shifts"

Comments: Overall, i enjoy 7shifts and will continue to use when I expand my business.

Pros: easy to get people set up. Easy for employees to submit time off requests and give shifts away. Just overall easy to use and understand.

Cons: i wish we could go back and see a list of edits made to past schedules.

by 7shifts on 06/11/2020

Thanks for the review Cierra! Great to hear that 7shifts is working for your business, and we are thrilled to hear that we will grow with you as you grow your operation. I am also going to have your Success Coach reach out to you as there are a couple ways you can see the edits that are made to the schedule... and who made them :)

Sarah D.
Event and Catering Sales Manager
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2019

"So efficient"

Comments: This is much easier than having to deal with a paper schedule and schedule requests.

Pros: This app makes scheduling for a catering business so EASY! I love the fact that I can communicate with my team via the messaging feature, and I can do the whole schedule from my phone.

Cons: My only complaint is not being able to see who has opened messages. It is not a deal-breaker for sure but it would be helpful.

by 7shifts on 06/12/2019

Thanks for the review Sarah! I know that read receipts are high on our developers list of things to do, so that is something we will be looking to add for you shortly.

• Reviewed on 05/12/2019
Jennifer M.
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2018

"Kept my employees organized"

Comments: Overall the program is a must for any business owner.

Pros: I really enjoyed 7shifts for me company. We had just under 20 employees not having a time shift scheduler like this would take hours. My favorite features is being able to see what our company is estimated to spend on payroll. Also project sales and needed labor times from past sales.

Cons: I wish it was a little easier for employees to use the app on their phone. Several of my employees had issues.

by 7shifts on 13/09/2018

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks so much for the review! We're happy to hear that 7shifts is continuing to work well for Deli Boys and we looking forward to working with your team into the future.

With the release of our new mobile app for staff we're confident that any issues they have had should be resolved.

Happy scheduling!

• Reviewed on 12/09/2018
Brandon S.
Concessions Manager
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees

"Stadium Concessions"

Pros: 7Shifts is easy for my staff of over 100 part-time employees to use. I can quickly and easily communicate shifts and announcements to my staff, either as a whole, or to select groups. My staff can easily input their availability and time off requests, and I don't have to worry about keeping track of handwritten notes. It's all right there on the schedule.

Cons: No major cons. It does lack some advanced features found in some other more expensive products, but for the price, I haven't found anything that beats it.

by 7shifts on 06/11/2020

Wow! Thanks for the review Brandon. Managing 100+ staff is a big job, so we're thrilled to hear that we're helping make your life easier. That's a high compliment. Cheers!

Dan L.
  • Reviewed on 10/11/2020

"Great Time Saver"

Comments: Great!

Pros: We like the ease of use with templates...although it would be nice when using template if you could hover over employee name and see their availability and how many hours they are scheduled already in the template. This same feature would be useful on the schedule page as well

Cons: I really do not have a least favorite feature. Sometimes the integration with our POS Touch bistro has issues but not lately

by 7shifts on 16/11/2020

Thanks for the review Dan! We love hearing that 7shifts has helped your brewery so much.

• Reviewed on 10/11/2020