15 years helping Israeli businesses

Lightspeed Restaurant Reviews

About Lightspeed Restaurant

This POS provides bakeries with the taste of efficiency! Track your sales, train employees and take orders from anywhere using an iPad.

Learn more about Lightspeed Restaurant

Pros:

The customer service and dummy proof system makes everythiong easy, plus accounting is directly linked.

Cons:

It can be a little confusing when first starting to use the ordering piece on the ipad, a bigger learning curve than some other POS systems, but once you practice with it a bit, it makes sense.

Lightspeed Restaurant ratings

4.4
4.3
4.2
4.2

8.4/10

Lightspeed Restaurant has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 204 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Lightspeed Restaurant before?

Ondrej
Ondrej
Software developer ; bike mechanic in Canada
Sports, 11–50 Employees

Best POS I've used

Comments: We wanted a simple to use, reliable and feature rich application and Lightspeed delivered, only wish we could write our own extensions a little easier.

Pros:

The ux is absolutely straightforward and intuitive, you hardly even need the manual from set up to production

Cons:

API behind a pay wall. As a software developer who casually wrenches and has set up lightspeed in multiple businesses, I'd have liked to get in deeper on the nerdy side. From a regular user perspective that's not an issue though.

Malcolm
GM in Canada

Choose Lightspeed!

Comments: Lightspeed was, is, and will continue to be great for us.
Staff loves the ease of use of the front end. I love the simplicity of updating the online site, the data available for export in the office, and the full integration with our other software.

Pros:

We had the highest expectations for Lightspeed POS and have been ecstatic about the choice. Staff appreciates the ease of use and the quick customization (once familiar with back office which does not take that long). We have continued to appreciate the helpful 24 hour customer service team. Even when they did not have answers for our unique problems, they always did their best to figure out a workaround. The ability to export raw data of every receipt item for every receipt entered has proven invaluable. With knowledge of Excel, data analytics have been insightful and highly beneficial. Since the pandemic began, Lightspeed has continued to innovate and has improved their product which has allowed us to create an online ordering site for pickup and delivery. And the best part is full integration with our online site, POS, accounting software, and scheduling software.

Cons:

First, no POS is perfect, including Lightspeed. Understanding the back end has allowed us to create work arounds for things the software is currently incapable of doing as intended at this time. One thing has been problems with combos, which we resolved with a workaround. The biggest con is the process used for some software upgrades. Understandably, when a request is made often, it is pushed up the programmer's priority list. There are however some upgrades that, although not highly requested, can definitely improve the product. I have several requests into the programmers at this time.

Rocco
Operation Manager in UK
Hospitality, 51–200 Employees

Good POS option

Pros:

Lightspeed is very easy to use and very intuitive for staff

Cons:

Inventory is limited and not suitable for businesses with a big listing of products

2 months ago

Hi Rocco, Thank you for your feedback! We're glad to hear that you find Lightspeed easy to use and intuitive for your staff. We're constantly working to improve our inventory features to better accommodate businesses with larger product listings. Your input is valuable as we strive to make Lightspeed the best POS option for all types of businesses. The Lightspeed Team

Clif
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Not interested in much other than sales

Comments: Implementation was terrible. The salesman made onboarding sound very simple, but when I was putting my items into the system, it was no better than square to do. The company's idea of helping you seems to be to create videos for you to figure out their software so that they don't really have to help you. The few times I called to try to get help with items, the support staff was very short and seemed more interested in just getting you off the phone and moving on. Perhaps there performance reviews are based on quantity of clients "helped". I was very clear with the sales team about what I needed for my business. I messed up when I quickly glanced at the invoice of equipment they sent me and didn't see the discrepancy in the quantities. Also, I came to find out that their claim that none of the equipment that I already had with square would be compatible with lightspeed is completely false. They basically sent me the same star printers that I had with square and cash drawers that I could have used with my current printers as well. While the pricing online says the monthly fees, their salesman knew that I needed more registers than they sent me. Some time later, I requested that they send me the rest of the registers that I needed as I had originally requested and chalked the wrong number up to a mistake. They sent me the hardware and threw a bunch of additional software charges in the mix without even mentioning them. All charges were made before I even saw an invoice.
I confronted them about it and the initial response was "all sales are final". At that point, I told them that they had two weeks to get back to me on how would reconcile the mistakes made by their company to retain me as a customer and mend our relationship. I didn't hear from them at all during that time. When they finally got back to me, I told them that I did not want to continue my relationship with them anymore, and and that I understood that I'd incur some costs in severing the partnership, but I thought it should be fair. I'd eat all shipping costs and hardware from the first order, but I wanted a refund on the unauthorized charges and for software to be prorated to time elapsed only. I understood I would be out several thousand dollars. I was told "there is nothing we can do" by multiple managers. Finally, just today I received an invoice concerning my refund for the second order of hardware and the refund did not include any of the software as discussed with their managers, and they want to charge me a 20% restocking fee for hardware that never even made it to my place of business. The refund that they are supposedly giving me for absolutely no services rendered. This company is totally crooked. Do not make the same mistakes that I have. I will likely be perusing legal action against this company if they do not respond appropriately.

Pros:

I thought this product was going to be a great way to more easily keep my books up to date and get pricing and inventory dialed in as compared to square. It has a lot of functionality compared to a product like shop keep or square.

Cons:

Service - Limited concern for the customer's problems. No effort to actually work through and understand a client's business. Sales Team - Arrogant and dishonest Billing - Sly and deceitful. Invoices serve as contracts as they contain fine print at the bottom that refers a client to the company's actual contract and product terms that the client must hunt down for themselves. Management - No concern for clientele.

Gosia
Owner in Australia
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

0 Support

Pros:

Please note that I have subscribed to Kounta which at the time had good support in Australia. Since it has been taken over by Lightspeed support has gone down the drain. There is no knowledge and response time is unacceptable. Forget about using phone as the message clearly states if you don’t get connected to operator within 15minutes call will be disconnected.

Cons:

Really bad support. It absolutely frustrating to have to chase my payments which are short. Waiting for answers for like 20minutes. Requesting contact with my account manager repeatedly for last four weeks. As a business owner I don’t have time to chase it. Resolutions should be fast and easy. I dread every tine that I have to contact their support.

2 months ago

Hi Gosia, We're sorry to hear about your recent support experience. We thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us -- ensuring the satisfaction of our customers is paramount to us! Unfortunately, we are unable to locate your account in our system. We want to ensure that we address your concerns, so we highly encourage you to reach out to your Account Manager directly. We appreciate your time! The Lightspeed team

VAUGHN
Owner/Director in Canada

!!SMALL BUSINESS WARNING!! NOT FAIR

Comments: !!WARNING!!! THIS COMPANY IS NOT FAIR!
They bundled in the loyalty program in our automatic renewal. We were looking into the addition to see if it fits our business. Another $800 was tacked on to our renewal for the Loyalty program that I did not authorize. They are refusing to refund the Loyalty program fee say that we are in a contract and they have a phone recording committing to the contract (they won't actual share the recording though). We have no need for this extra program at the moment, have not used it and do not plan to use it at this time as our business volume has a ceiling and the margins do not support it at this time. We understand the value in the loyalty program by cannot presently justify it.
I have not worked for or worked with a company that does not work fairly with their customers. I do not recommend LightSpeed and am stuck with them for another 11 months and plan to find a better POS partner.

Pros:

The software is comprehensive. Many add-ons are available at high costs.

Cons:

It can get complicated and takes some effort to train new staff. Support is good for the software although I have found that are led down the wrong path and wast time. Some of the representatives are not knowledgeable enough.

4 years ago

Hello Vaughn, We would like to apologize for your recent experience with Lightspeed and hope that we can work with you in order to get things moving in the right direction. We see that you have been in touch with our Customer Success team and we encourage you to continue working with them. Thank you, Lightspeed POS

Erin
Co Owner in US
Restaurants, 2–10 Employees

Take the plunge, get Lightspeed

Comments: Started with Lightspeed during covid, and it was possibly one of the best decisions we could have made for our restaurant. We are now able to accurately determine quantities of items sold and see what menu items are performing under to be able to advertise and highlight those items. Customer support is always available and I’ve never had to wait long to be connected to someone when I needed help. They will do their absolute best to fix every problem you have. We also recently went through a Hurricane that caused power and internet outrages for extended times in our area. We were still able to use Lightspeed despite not being able to connect with the internet thanks to their software and technology. Once the internet was restored (about a month later), Lightspeed was able to back up all sales and report information from when the internet was out. I highly recommend taking the plunge and starting up with Lightspeed. We are very satisfied.

Pros:

Ease of use, ease of setup, always someone to help available 24/7

Cons:

I can’t even think of something I don’t like about Lightspeed. We are very satisfied with them.

Toby
Manager in US
Restaurants, 11–50 Employees

Lightspeed at the speed of light!

Pros:

The set up was easy with great support from the staff at Lightspeed. Great ability to handle multiple floor plans, products, users and reporting. Very full featured software that should be able to handle any restaurant's business.

Peter
Restaurants, 51–200 Employees

Fantastic POS

Pros:

Lightspeed is very reliable, easy to program good functionality. In 3 years our POS has not crashed or stalled. Customer support is remarkable. The team is knowledgeable and professional. My questions are answered the same day.

Cons:

Most of the reporting is very good. I would like more one page style reports, for example all servers that worked yesterday lists total sales, category sales, average check. I can get this information but each server is listed separately so analysis is time consuming.

SHELLEY
Manager in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Makes Perfect Sense!

Comments: We have been using Lightspeed for 2+ years now and absolutely love it! We are able to utilize many of their components to assist us not only in the basics (inventory, sales) but analytics and E-Comm. LS staff are very knowledgeable, friendly and quick to respond to our needs.

Pros:

We are able to customize according to our needs. We utilize many of the components and are constantly learning.

Cons:

Sometimes we have recommendations and submit them.

Gurjinder
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

Definitely would not recommend. Over priced and impossible to cancel.

Pros:

Easy to use but when compared to competitors like square, extremely over priced.

Cons:

I would be very careful signing up, we have been trying to cancel for weeks now but have been given the run around. The sales team is supposed to reach out but we have been waiting. Now our next months payment has just come out. They are extremely difficult to deal with. Other companies have call centers based in the states but it does not seem as though lightspeed does.

10 months ago

Hi Gurjinder, We would like to sincerely apologize for your recent experience with Lightspeed. We value all feedback and would like to learn more about your specific experience, to have the opportunity to address your needs and concerns. As we are unable to identify your account within our records, please feel free to contact our Customer Success team should you wish to provide further feedback. You may reach us via email at [email protected]. The Customer Success Team Lightspeed

Sean
Owner in US
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Not The Same Company They Used To Be

Comments: The first two years we used Lightspeed was awesome. Year three the software was failing weekly.
We went two weeks without the inventory purchase order system, because Lightspeed told us it was a probelm on our end. The deny they had problems. We went a long time without being able to process payments because a clitch in their system. I personally beleive they were growing too fast. It was clear that they accepted that they would loose customers through out the process.

Pros:

When we started with Lightspeed it was awesome. There was a time I couldn't say enough about how much we liked Lightspeed.

Cons:

As they grew and added features and modules the program always had serious deabilitating gliches. Their customers support went from A+ to F in three years.

Boss in Australia
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Disgracefull

Comments: Overall experience is disgracefully! There call center is in a third world country with poor phone lines and roosters crowing in the background! They only answer during the day, not when needed after hours.

Pros:

Its hard to offer what is good when things are so bad! This system is designed by computer people who believe all their customers are as computer knowledgeable as they are. When they dont answer their phones its hard to give anything positive!

Cons:

The Customer Service is Diabolical! I lost sales due to big glitch in the system! No one answers the phone, even at 6.30pm. They only deal with you through text!! This takes 10 times longer than is required. They are quick to take your money but offer pathetic after sales service!

Angela
Owner in US
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

Not for a bar and terrible customer service

Comments: Basically I’ve spent 3 months begging someone to help me figure out how I can best tailor the system to my needs. No one cares. Their system limps along at Best and they just don’t care. They also can no longer take tap or touch less payment.

Pros:

Great gooey, product buttons adjustable, and reaction of buttons.

Cons:

Customer service sometimes takes an hour to respond. Only level one available to speak. Cash drawers severely limited in features. My credit card processing is not working and Lightspeed knows says it’s a setting. They will look at it “next week” And they did take Google and Apple Tap payment but recently stopped

peter
CEO in US
Hospitality, 51–200 Employees

Back end down for Two days - First line support ultra weak - Advance Reporting is basic

Comments: For basic questions they are great. When something goes into chaos you will be down and will just have to deal with it as they are slowwwwwww at resolving issues (could be a full days or a week) that have major affects on your business.
Be ready to manually have to do a lot of Reconciliation. And be ready to have High Blood pressure..

Pros:

Fairly simple to use, super basic questions get quick answers.

Cons:

First line support can be done by my 13 year old, Advance Reporting is more along the lines of Basic reporting, Found issues in Reporting where numbers do not add to be the same as Daily Reports (no answers). Support has a hard time following any type of logic instead they get hung up on stuff that has zero relevance.

Aenoy
Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

Best decision to go with LS

Comments: LS has contributed to the growth of our business. With their various integrations, they have made taking online and in-room orders very easy for our staff! LS has definitely helped us go through the pandemic!

Pros:

Intuitive UI, very good customer service, A1 onboarding team

Cons:

Splitting bills is very easy to do but I would love to be able to chose fractions of bills.

Greg
Solutions Consultant + Founder in Australia
Used the Software for: Not provided

Kounta review from a "cloud integrator" perspective

Comments: I am a cloud integrator and have implemented a number of Xero + POS add-ons. I select Kounta for my customers purely on its hospitality focus and it's table management add-on. I have been really impressed with how it handles the concept of modifiers and how smooth the integration is with Tyro electronic payments. However, I feel that there is a lot of navigating around the 'back office' to get what you need to get done. The CSV data importers are good, but I still found I had to do many repetitive updates manually via the user interface that the importer didn't support. The user interface is a bit big and boxy for my liking but understandably some see this as a benefit if working off a tablet in a cafe most of the time. The client registration process was a bit tedious (maybe at least for us implementers/advisers) but when up and running my customers love the product. The POS register is really powerful and soon after becoming power users the only niggling complaint I get are small enhancements to customisations which are unfortunately locked down in the product anyway. e.g. layouts on receipts, dockets, shortcuts panel, etc. I have also been really impressed with Kounta's email support and communication on release notes. You can really tell they are working hard in making this product better and better. Personally, I would like to see more flexible pricing plans for store owners that have multiple (small-sized) cafes, which will hopefully encourage the greater use of bump screens for the Kitchen/Brewster and mobile registers where waiting staff can take orders + electronic payments at the table. Maybe I am just over the little pad and pencil. In short, I am a big fan of Kounta POS in food & beverage. Totally recommend.

Andrew
General Manager in Australia
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

It is the only cloud based pos for hospitality I think we could use and run our business

Comments: It allows us to easily manage customer transaction and to report on total sales and products in a really efficient way. We've grown in our understanding of our business enormously just reusing kounta

Pros:

The sales transaction from start to checkout is great. The printing of customer orders in multiple locations plus the kitchen. Modifier are also the best in the market.

Cons:

Scales and scanner integration for use with a retail store. Scales can't be and scanner with Windows is clunky

Leanne
Owner in Australia

Kounta for Cafe Use

Comments: We have found Kounta to be excellent for our cafe. Staff need no maths skills to operate it easily. the addition of photos makes product selection fast and accurate. The only thing to watch is disgruntled staff that have been removed from rosters........they can sabotage the system by changing or deleting things. My advice, once they have been given notice immediately remove their access to Kounta and give them other duties until their time has been completed.

Pros:

Overcomes the issue of staff not being able to read or do any math. Provides multiple copies of invoices so that service can easily be tracked. Allows lots of options to modify products which gives each client an individual experience.

Cons:

Takes ages to set up if you have hundreds of products and options......but it is worth doing.

Nadine
Co-Owner in Canada
Restaurants, 11–50 Employees

Best POS we had in 17 years of operation!

Comments: Easy to make change on our menu, easy to change the price, a really helpfull tool in our daily operations.

Pros:

Easy to learn, easy to use, easy to make changes in the back office, simple.

Cons:

The void that are made during a shift dont appear on the reading.

Jun
Restaurants, 11–50 Employees

Buggy and lack of support

Comments: Worst POS system ever. I would give zero stars if I could. Service was dismal and a lot of bugs with the program. It seems like the program was half completed when it was released. While it might perform at a satisfactory level when the business is relatively small and not as busy, this software clearly cannot handle when we have over 100 covers per service as there was no bugs during our quieter service period. Absolute waste of money and time. Only consolation I have is that I can use the reuse the hardware with other POS system as it was just iPads and cash register. Little follow up with the problems we had and when they did contact us, 90% of the time they were unable to resolve the issue. We had double prints of orders resulting in wasting and also missing prints of kitchen orders resulting in angry customers and damage to our reputation. If you are looking to get Kounta because it is cheaper, don't bother. We were happy to get rid of it.

Pros:

Simplicity of the features and simple pricing structure. We were able to view all the reports remotely.

Cons:

Buggy and full of errors especially during a busy restaurant service. Reports were insufficient and support was also unable to resolve the issues we were having.

Harkirat
owner in Canada

Lightspeed Review

Pros:

I like how easy it is to use and how it comes with so many features that are useful in our business. It is very organized and you are able to look up records and sales from years passed and compare which allows you to grow your business.

Cons:

I don't think there is anything I dont like

Glen
Assistant to the Director in Australia
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Works well and very simple to use.

Comments: Ease of use. Good reporting.

Pros:

It's ease of use is the most compelling feature. The reports are reasonably comprehensive too. Great for a hospitality start-up.

Cons:

There are occassional troubles with printing, where the software somehow loses the fixed IP address of a printer. This is usually temporary, however. It's need to be connected to the Internet is also a con. Whilst it works a little offline, it does become unusable quickly.

Emma
Director in Australia

Great product

Pros:

Easy to use Easy layout to navigate Colour coafing Can add photos of products Lots of addon options

Cons:

Cost for multiple registers No learning platform for new staff Addons can be costly Account customer function could be better

Ronald
manager in US
Maritime, 2–10 Employees

Lightspeed POS very helpful

Comments: I am very happy with this product

Pros:

Being able to search a part, and track the sales of a part, is very helpful

Cons:

Custom pricebooks need to be in correct format to load