AdvisorStream Reviews

• Overall
    4.8 /5
    4.6 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.7 /5

About AdvisorStream

Cloud-based content marketing solution that helps financial advisors to automate marketing and manage client relationships.

Learn more about AdvisorStream

Sheri S.
Client Relationship Manager
  • Reviewed on 23/02/2021

"AdvisorStream Is a great tool to keep up with our clients"

Comments: The experience has been great. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been incredible and helped us greatly in the beginning to learn the software. It is a great way to have multiple touches with our clients, especially in light of COVID.

Pros: We were mailing a newsletter out every quarter and it took hours to create, address, stamp and mail. The Advisorstream platform makes it easy for us to create and send a newsletter to our clients every week.

Cons: There have been a few glitches in the software in the begining but now they are all worked out.

Harley M.
  • Reviewed on 24/02/2021

"An easy tool to keep you at the top of your Clients and Prospects minds"

Pros: Our Advisors love the ease of use for the newsletter, we continue to see higher engagements every week when our newsletter reaches their inbox. Being able to see what our clients are interested and use the analytics to target articles they are interested is a huge feature that we can't say enough about.

Cons: Sometimes the auto-posting uses verbiage that is too direct that implies that the Advisor has personally experienced it, we have had to monitor this and adjust the headlines so that it is accurate and doesn't make claims about our team that isn't true.

• Reviewed on 24/02/2021
Clark S.

"Keep in touch"

Comments: It has helped me stay engaged with clients and prospects. I often get ncalls from clients because one of the articles struck home with them and motivated them in to action.

Pros: I really like the automation and the reports. They let me know who is engaging with the newsletter. the articles are timely and important to my clients and prospects. The writing of the weekly newsletter is also excellent

Cons: The one thing that is a bit off is that all users have the same newsletter and articles unless you edit them. I cuold do that butnit would detract from the nautomation. I suggest that there are two or three versions of the newsletter and you rotate advisors through them. That would decrease the chance of a prospect getting the same letter from two differnt advisors.

Thomas A.
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2021

"Easy to use & Great articles"

Comments: Very satisfied

Pros: I like that it creates the articles automatically and also writes about the article as if I did it myself. Looks like I am the one creating the posts but AdvisorStream takes care of it all!

Cons: Nothing, it is very easy to use and I am happy.

Aileen G.
Senior Advisor, Partner
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2021

"Solid choice for automated quality newsletters and social media posts to help stay visible."

Pros: The ability to access articles that would otherwise be subscription only, along with branding and personalization, plus the automated newsletters, suggested articles and tracking for what articles readers found of interest.

Cons: When editing a newsletter, changing the font to match was surprisingly tricky, the archives and how to find what you've sent is confusing to me, there are a few other things that I couldn't easily fix myself and had to call and wait for support to modify.

Rick E.
  • Reviewed on 01/03/2021

"Advisor Stream makes Client connection easy"

Comments: Exceptional connection to my existing clients as well as getting my name out there with the posts on the social media platforms available which greatly expands my reach.

Pros: The software provides an amazing array of article that can be easily (automatically) posted on a schedule that I chose. It has solved my email letter content issues with the many articles that I have to choose from every week.

Cons: I can't think of anything I don't like. It seems to provide all my desired outcomes for a news feed.

• Reviewed on 01/03/2021
Keith M.
Business Development
Investment Management Software, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/10/2020

"Current and Consistent Content"

Comments: It is all in the customer service. The team goes above and beyond for the adviser. Out of all of the vendors we use the team at AS is the most responsive. They routinely go above and beyond for us.

Pros: Great source of relevant information. It is helpful if you take a semi hands on approach to choosing your articles. This avoids "same-same" content with other users.

Cons: Can be buggy periodically . Sometimes we have to manually adjust work flows. Not often

Andrew S.
Portfolio Manager
Financial Services Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2021

"Excellent and Easy to Use Product to Send your Message to Clients"

Comments: For the first time, I can easily communicate with clients directly, and see the impact. I like to see what individual clients are reading/looking at the e-letter I send out.

Pros: It is easy to use. A wonderful tool to communicate my message to my clients. I also love that I can see how many people are reading/looking at the e-letter.

Cons: I develop my own e-letters primarily. I would prefer not being "forced" to send articles with the e-letter. Also, the formatting is an issue. I have used the tool to attempt to make the font the same size/look. It doesn't work well. Also, the spacing is often off what it looks like when I type it. My name at the bottom has too many spaces. I would like the message a type to look identical to what clients receive,

Ronald W.
  • Reviewed on 26/10/2020

"Advisor Stream Weekly pots"

Comments: After it was set up, it was great.

Pros: Once the software was approved by my RIA, it was great.

Cons: The time it took to get everything approved by my RIA.... almost a year.

Larry M.
Advisor / Founder
  • Reviewed on 23/02/2021

"Client Engagement and Credibility"

Comments: Great company, high integrity, excellent responsive support!

Pros: Advisor stream brilliantly writes my weekly newsletter in my own words. No kidding. More than once, I've read the opening paragraph and felt like I actually wrote it! Of course, I did not - but my clients, even my own family, think I did. The newsletter is delivered like clockwork every Friday morning. People expect it, count on it, read it, and actually enjoy it. Advisor stream is the foundation of my client engagement. We do lots of other things - I see the "other things" as guerrilla warfare; The newsletter is my solid, relentless, army, my frontal assault.

Cons: Very happy with this software; lots of yet unexplored features, (and I've been using Advisor Stream for nearly 4 years)

Gregory D.
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2021

"Great Content and Service!"

Comments: Keeping multiple touches with clients and prospects on a regular schedule.

Pros: Love the diversity of publishers, authors and points of view. Excellent assistance through my account manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Interesting Canadian accent.

Cons: I have many regular readers. Some just view my written content on a Newsletter and some compliment me on the relevance of the articles. However, I need to be better at converting readers into clients. That is my challenge for 2021.

• Reviewed on 12/02/2021
Ellen L.
Financial Services Software, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/02/2021

"Engaging content - great service!"

Pros: I am very impressed with the articles included in my newsletter. They address the topics I requested and are very engaging. I have received great feedback from my clients and prospects about how much they appreciate the content. The system was easy to set up and automate - I never have to worry about it!

Cons: No improvements that I can think of - I have loved the service

• Reviewed on 22/02/2021
Roy S.
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2021

"Great Return on My Investment"

Comments: They are great. Great product, great customer service. They are also willing to listen to constructive feedback.

Pros: AdvisorStream's automated newsletter service is very easy to use and helps me stay in contact with current clients and reach out to prospects on a regularly scheduled basis. I can see who viewed which articles which makes it easy to see which topics my clients and prospects are interested in, creating richer conversations. I also check AdvisorStream every day as an aggregation of financial planning and social topics. I learn something new several times per month doing this as part of my routine.

Cons: I have been using AdvisorStream for approximately 5 years and I've seen the changes they have gone through. Their first iterations needed improvements, which they made. It took time for me to get the software to operate exactly how I like, but a brand new customer today may not have the same growing pains that I experienced.

Rochelle O.
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2021

"So happy with the software"

Comments: Very helpful and has more than met my expectations.

Pros: The reports are very helpful. I have been analyzing the information and it has helped me tweak the information we send out.

Cons: In the beginning i was a little concerned about the work involved. The staff was very helpful.

Richard M.
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2021

"Quality assistance with social media"

Pros: The program is easy to deploy. So far I’m quite happy with Advisor Stream

Cons: The ability to customize layout, size and placement of pictures, would be helpful

Brent S.

"Great service!"

Comments: Great value add to the services we provide our clients!

Pros: Easy to use and delivers real content that our clients have raved about! It is a great service and we will continue to use it for a long time

Cons: We don't have any negatives about the service, all aspects have exceeded our expectations

Lex K.
Financial Services Representative
Financial Services Software, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/10/2020

"Lex Knapp Review"

Comments: My experience with AdvisorStream has been great. The staff is helpful and friendly, and the program works the way I want it to.

Pros: The ability to connect with my clients and prospects on a regular basis with informative and relevant information.

Cons: I sometimes felt the social media posts generated were not always the most intriguing, but that was on a rare occurrence.

• Reviewed on 27/10/2020
Phil V.
Wealth Protection Specialist
Insurance Software, 11-50 Employees

"Using AdvisorStream"

Comments: Getting the message out there to my clients and connections. Simple and easy to use and the software does most of the work for me.

Pros: Communicating daily with my connections on LinkedIn.

Cons: Nothing that I don't like about the software.

Charles F.
President/CEO

"Review"

Comments: Contact and personal touch with clients on a weekly basis.

Pros: Content and cover letter are excellent.

Cons: There is no real customer service. Often there is no response at all.

Kevin R.
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2021

"Excellent Tool with Excellent Service"

Comments: Fantastic. From initial deployment to the present, I've had great service and communication with any support issues or questions that have arisen.

Pros: It's simple with options to fully customize and micro-manage, or fully automate the service.

Cons: Rarely, there are typos in the newsletter.

Jeremiah S.
Financial Planner
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2021

"Like having a virtual Marketing Assistant"

Comments: Overall I like the content and product features.

Pros: I have received positive feedback from clients and contacts that get my email newsletter and seem to have a good portion of them opening the articles. I also get clicks on social media and occasional comments from post. The email newsletter and social media post are all automated, so it requires no work on my end.

Cons: I have used it on auto-pilot so far, so I have no real complaints or issues with the platform.

Brad T.
Investment Management Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/10/2020

"Great product to touch on our clients"

Comments: Conistent touch to our clients and prospects in a non-sales way.

Pros: I like that it writes an introduction in a similar manner , that I would as an advisor. The stories selected touch upon topically matters in my practice, but add some Human-aspect to the reader. I personally like browsing through the 5-6 stories that have been complied in our weekly email to clients and prospects. To-date , we have had good feedback and very little resistance from the list. Easy to use and flags the author of the article and include some internal pieces to the mix.

Cons: There aren't any real complaints to-date about the product or service. I believ a weekly touch on clients and prospects is the perfect amount for us.

• Reviewed on 20/10/2020
Justin M.
  • Reviewed on 16/02/2021

"Digital Marketing for Financial Advisors"

Comments: Staying relevant in today's saturated market is important, AdvisorStream helps me accomplish this crucial objective.

Pros: The best feature about this software is the ability to speak to my market through my health and wellness lens. The ability to curate specific copywritten articles from the world's largest publications that speak my language allows for strong brand consistency. The software is extremely easy to use, and significantly cuts down on the time it takes for digital marketing in the financial services industry.

Cons: Since using this software, I have not encountered any cons.

Marguerita C.
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2021

"Great Product, Great Support, Great Value"

Comments: I think they provide a great customer experience and excellent product.

Pros: AdvisorStream helps me improve client engagement. AdvisorStream is easy to learn and easy to implement. The customer support team is helpful and accessible.

Cons: I don't really have any complaints. I think they are always adding new content partners

Financial planner
Banking, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2020

"Integration with my current position"

Comments: Based on the last couple of years of experience I was able to promote myself and build my brand among the readers and followers.

Pros: Advisor stream was able to make switch and seamless integration from my previous company to my new role. I was able to keep uploaded articles and send newsletter to both old and new lists while the switch.

Cons: The only thing I think Advisor Stream could use for the future is to be able to use more social media platforms such Instagram.
Also to use articles and updates from the company where I work now

• Reviewed on 02/11/2020