• Overall
    4.3/5
    4.7/5

About Bakpax

Cutting-edge AI that reads handwriting and grades assignments. It saves teachers time and gives them deeper insights into performance.

Learn more about Bakpax

Faculty
E-Learning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/09/2020

"Great help for teachers"

Comments: It is an awesome experience. It lessens the teachers workload and preparation. I can focus more on providing feedback instead of manually checking.

Pros: The feature that I like the most in BakPax is that it allows flexibility in both teachers and students. Students can easily turn in answers by printing the worksheets and taking a photo of the worksheets or they can even answer online. Though BakPax uses artificial intelligence, teachers can still manually review their students’ answers to verify whether they need to correct incorrectly marked items. It is also fun that teachers have options on how they can create their worksheets.

Cons: BakPax only checks final answers, that means Math teachers still need to check graphs manually but it is not a big deal. I just hope that this feature will still be developed.

Diego N.
Educator
  • Reviewed on 01/09/2020

"Great new resource for online teaching and beyond"

Comments: Got an email for a trial, and I checked it out. Watched the videos and fell in love with the product. Very cool idea and makes it so much easier for formative assessments. Loved this and am recommending it to my school so others can use it.

Pros: I like the ease of use. With a simple drag and select tool to update the questions for a quiz. That's super cool. Cause with other sites, entering math equations can be hard to do. This takes that out and streamlines it for busy educators like me. Every minute saved is important and thankful they made it very easy.

Cons: I think that the interface is very basic. But that's not that big of a deal. To be honest, that is me LOOKING for cons. I dont have any, but if forced to think of one.. I think the design of the site could be spruced up. Not a big deal... I like basic design and things that are straight to the point.

Vincent P.
Math Teacher

"Review"

Comments: 5 out of 10. Great idea, but needs serious overhaul for more teachers to use it. It is too one-sided right now, but has great potential to be used in the classroom.

Pros: I like that students can use a phone to scan in answers to a worksheet or exam. Self grading system is nice. I like that students can double check handwritten answers before officially submitting.

Cons: Students have to print out paperwork in order to use phone to scan image into system. The system only allows for correct answers, no work shown for a math question. The system is fairly straightforward, but can be glitchy and harder to use than intended. If you want to create your own assessment page, you have to make it all at once, constantly go back and double check the formatting, and continue to fix and edit. It can be cumbersome. There are more, but it will be too much to write. Do know there are issues at hand that can be easily fixed or addressed. Great idea with the program.

Gloria C.
Math Teacher

"Be Specific"

Comments: Overall, Bakpax has worked for my class, my students get quick feedback from their scores. The scores have allowed me to modify my lessons to better suite my students. They also have a great support system in place should you run into any issues with the software.

Pros: It is easy to get students into the classroom that the teacher creates. Students have quick access to the assignments.

Cons: What I liked least was that I was not able to re-assign a worksheet to specific students. I had to create a copy and resend out to the whole class. When creating an assignment be mindful and write in each question specifically what you would like the student to do, because on the student side they are only paying attention to what is on their screen .

Allison B.
  • Reviewed on 01/09/2020

"Bakpax offers help for teachers to ease the transitions between in person and distance learning."

Comments: I am thankful that Bakpax helps streamline assignment management for teachers during this pandemic.

Pros: It is very easy to use and my 3rd graders to set up.

Cons: I wish they had more premade assignments.

Carla C.
Math department chair
  • Reviewed on 01/09/2020

"Bakpax with IM curriculum"

Comments: The company is very new and they have been very willing to help. They were able to switch my student names so I could sort them by last name instead of first. They are also open to feedback and suggestions for product improvements, so hopefully some of the limitations will be fixed in the near future.

Pros: I like that the curriculum that we use is already built into the website. There is a feature to print and upload a photo of completed work to be auto graded for students without internet access. It is easy to adjust student scores after they have completed an assignment. If they entered an acceptable answer, not only can you adjust their score, but it will adjust the score of everyone that had that answer.

Cons: My students have liked the feel of bakpax, but when a picture is displayed online, they can't see it all and the question. They have to do a lot of scrolling up and down to see it all. There is no text wrap for longer answers, it just runs of the page, so they have to scroll sideways to read in all. I really wish the multiple choice or select all questions would just let the students click to select them, instead of typing in the letter choice. I feel like the grading would be simpler because you wouldn't have to account for all permutations in your answer list Having a gradebook view to see how a student is doing across multiple assignments would be a big help. Also, being able to assign to multiple classes all at once would be a time saver.

Jessica G.
Primary/Secondary Education, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/09/2020

"Every Math Teacher Needs This"

Comments: I am highly satisfied and could not imagine not using Bakpax in my classes.

Pros: There are two great aspects of Bakpax, the technology and the people. The website is so easy to use and navigate and the AI works so well. It has really been a life saver and significantly decreased the amount of time I spend grading. The customer support is phenomenal as well, every week I send them my assignments and they very quickly get them converted and uploaded for me. They Have responded to all of my suggestions and implemented them.

Cons: The website and AI is still growing and evolving. The AI sometimes doesn’t understand what is written and right now there is not an app which would be useful. Also, there is currently No organization of my assignments but they are working on this feature.

Yvette M.
teacher
Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 Employees

"Love the concept"

Comments: So far so good. Today is my second webinar but I've found Bakpax to be supportive to my needs so far.

Pros: I was searching for something that would make students writing in math easier to accomplish and at the same time save some time once I work with it. The FREE part is exceptionally enticing as I work at a small private school and funds are very limited. I like that I was able to do "magic", and I uploaded a set of assignments. I'm still waiting to see if they are in yet. Once I get the hang of it, I see no problem with doing the assignments by myself...I just liked the idea of "magic" and wanted to explore it. I think students will be able to handle this sort of assignment, although many must write with their fingers, which concerns me. It also is terrific that you have assignments already prepared so I can use them, or at least view how things might be done and use them as examples. Love that it works with Google Classroom and that things can be printed as well. I've spent and am still spending a lot of time investigating ways my students can show work for math online...this looks pretty good so far.

Cons: My school begins next week and I will be at your webinar later today (I attended one last week). I cannot comment yet on this.

Jennifer T.
Secondary Faculty

"Excellent Resource"

Pros: I have used this application for Algebra homework. What a wonderful tool! I have loved the ease of creating documents, the analytics for each student, and the instant feedback my kids receive. The customer service is incredible!

Cons: There is some difficulty with the AI reading handwriting. The company has worked hard to improve the AI software. I am looking forward to how it is going to work for this school year! I think the options for student input and individual answers will be an improvement.

Cheryl E.
math teacher
  • Reviewed on 01/09/2020

"Backpax Review for Algebra"

Comments: This has been a good tool for grading purposes. I like the ability to create my own work.

Pros: I liked how easy it was to sign up. The students didn't have any trouble using the class code to sign up.

Cons: This is my first time to use this program. After students had submitted their work, I noticed some things I needed to edit in the answer key. It allowed me to edit them, but when other classes submitted their work after my editing, the editing did not appear for their grading.

Eva J.

"A dream come true"

Comments: Very easy to use. Great customer service!

Pros: I loved how easy it is to use. The amount of time it takes to grade papers is drastically reduced. This product is exactly what I was looking for. Grading papers took up a lot of time. Now I can grade an assignment in less than 5 minutes! An educator's dream come true!

Cons: I can't think of any cons for this software. It is exactly what I needed...

Nancy L.

"Reluctant Distance Teacher..."

Comments: Using this for my in-person learners (paper-pencil) and my distance learners (digital) has been a huge time saver!

Pros: First off, I like that Bakpax contacted me (as a public education teacher) about being able to use their product for free until the end of this year. That is pretty impressive and helpful when teachers are being forced to teach in-person learners and distance learners at the same time. Having worksheets that can be completed by hand for in-person learners, but hav the same worksheet available for digital learners is so time-saving and helpful. I am pretty tech-savvy but juggling all of the different programs out there can be daunting. Bakpax is straightforward and so far, most of my kids (some being raised by grandparents) have been able to use this program with minimal help. As an educator, I appreciate the ability to try something out for free before spending my own money on something. At this point (which I am very new to using Bakpax)...I love it!

Cons: I haven't even looked at the pricing yet, but I'm afraid I'm going to fall in love with it during the free period and then possibly not be able to afford it?

Anderson D.
Education Management, 201-500 Employees

"Bakpax Review"

Comments: It has been great and made my life more efficient!

Pros: I love the fact that I can easily make a worksheet and then grade it for me. I am able to assess students knowledge much more efficiently than without Bakpax.

Cons: Students get concerned when I have to grade some questions manually because it reflects that they didn't get the answer right. The program should have a little better warning screen to let students know this (because we know they don't read small print :-) ).

Tracy C.
  • Reviewed on 01/09/2020

"Digital Worksheets Made Easy!"

Comments: This software makes a teachers life much easier, especially through all the remote learning that is forced upon us. I will use it even when we get the students back.

Pros: I like how there is a free version, so every teacher can use it. I like how you can put the question and the answer in. I like how easy it is for students to use.

Cons: I am a new user, so this may be due to not knowing the software well enough, but with worksheets that have the answers within the text of the question, it makes it difficult to add the question without the answer. But I am sure the "magic" option would solve it, even though I haven't used it yet.

John B.

"Mathematics teacher"

Comments: 7 out of 10

Pros: It allows teachers to access real time data for formative assessment on standards being taught in the classroom. If utilized properly teachers can see areas of weakness and strengths in their lessons. It allows for instant grading and feedback. The software allows teachers to easily create assignments and assessments. Bakpax gives the data that administrators are looking for, which then allows for quality PLC conversations.

Cons: Students inability to redo or retake assignments.
The ability to individually assign work to a student in a specific class.
The inability for students to check their answers before submission.

Julie S.

"Fantastic"

Comments: It's a fantastic product. Thank you for the free trial.

Pros: I love that it's easy to convert a .pdf into an online resource that I can use with my online students. The fact that it grades the assignments is just so amazing and helpful.

Cons: I can't think of any downsides to the software. I do not know the cost, but I hope to be able to afford it after my free trial expires.

Alex M.
E-Learning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/09/2020

"Very helpful tool for remote instruction"

Comments: I'm new to using Bakpax, but so far I really like it. It will hopefully make it easier for me to grade my students' work this year.

Pros: I really appreciate that I can print out assignments on paper for students who do not have online access. This prevents me from having to create two different plans to accommodate both online and in-person learners.

Cons: I would love it if Bakpax could be integrated with other textbook series. It's currently integrated with Illustrative Mathematics, and provides some great pre-made assignments that can save me a lot of time. However, my district doesn't use Illustrative Mathematics, so it would be awesome if Bakpax could provide assignments aligned with other textbooks as well.

Jacob M.
  • Reviewed on 01/09/2020

"Excellent Resource for teachers both remote and in-person"

Pros: This product allows me to fully digitize assignments for my students to allow for virtual turn-in of assignments and/or assessments. The connection to Google Classroom really bolsters this software's position in the marketplace.

Cons: There is a bit of a learning curve when creating assignments to include all possible answers that your students could throw into the software. However, there is an opportunity to review the assignment before it records the grade in Google Classroom.

Neeraj S.
E-Learning, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"I love using BakPax!"

Pros: I feel this product is easy to use and very beneficial to me and my students. The how to videos and live demo sessions are awesome! They offer so much insight and hints on how to use the software. The grading is made easy and simple. Also, I have access to 100's of 1000's of curriculum aligned math worksheets

Cons: No cons as of yet. It is fairly easy to use and I am trying to get the school district to transition to this software over what we currently use

Kelsey O.
High School Math Teacher
  • Reviewed on 01/09/2020

"Overall great structure, in need of more details"

Pros: I love the ease of this software and the aesthetic and ease is great for the students.

Cons: It needs more details in the programing and more capability for teachers and students.

Jamey S.
teacher

"BakPax is Amazing"

Comments: I am a new user, but so far I think it is brilliant. I think it will same me precious time, so where do I nominate this team of developers for the Nobel Prize! Thank you.

Pros: I really like the way it assesses hand-written products. It is also very easy to adjust.

Cons: I am finding it time consuming to make my own assignments, but the "magic" option is very lovely.

Matthew H.
High School Teacher
  • Reviewed on 01/09/2020

"Great Program for Math Class"

Pros: It is very easy to use. It is great for remote learning. It is very neat and organized. It can even grade some assignments! I also like the option to scan in answers.

Cons: I wish we could edit student names after the sign up. I wish you could sort a class by last name instead of first name. I wish students could save their progress and finish assignments at a later time.

Cedrik S.
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees

"Very good program"

Comments: It is a great program in it's infancy. I'm looking forward to what it will look like next school year when more of the suggested features by users are implemented.

Pros: I love the auto-grading, the ease of creating worksheets, and the link to google classroom.

Cons: I would like for students to have multiple attempts at a problem, be able to download results, sort students by last name.

Kala B.
Grade Level Administrator
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/09/2020

"Everything you need and more"

Pros: It was very user friendly and easy to navigate.

Cons: I wish there was a bank of pre-made assignments instead of having to create my own every time.

Ashley B.
E-Learning, 501-1,000 Employees

"Distance Learning"

Comments: Overall, my experience with Bakpax has been very pleasant. The customer service is prompt and helpful.

Pros: After searching many different programs in order to help with collecting math homework, this seems to be the easiest. The students are able to receive instant feedback which is what everyone teacher strives for. It is also easy to create a math assignment with all the correct symbols which is even harder to find!

Cons: Students not allowed to use their school google account unless they are 13.