Pluralsight Skills Reviews

by Pluralsight

• Overall
    4.7/5
    4.7/5

About Pluralsight Skills

Pluralsight helps engineering and IT leaders identify and close skill gaps in critical areas like cloud, security, DevOps, and more.

Learn more about Pluralsight Skills

John H.
Software Engineer and Enterprise Architect
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2019

"Integrate Pluralsight Training Into Your Experts Path"

Comments: My experience over the past few years with Pluralsight is very good. I plan to always have a subscription. This is just a necessary item in the IT industry. The courses are very consistent and high quality with very good authors. Every day several new courses are released and usually, there is one I need to watch as part of my training program.

Pros: I get up early every day and watch courses on Pluralsight for one hour. I have been doing this for several years. For the subjects that I am interested in (IT, Cloud, Software, DevOps), their courses are first class. I also take the Pluralsight IQ tests on a regular basis in 30 different areas to review my skill set and help me find areas that I need to spend more time with. The number of courses available on Pluralsight is amazing. You could spend your entire life and not watch all of them.

Cons: The iPhone app constantly requires reauthentication which means usually I cannot watch an offline course unless I also have Internet. This is a difficulty on the train where there is no signal.

Paula M.
Technical Writer/Learning and Development Coordinator
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2019

"Enhancing Learning Experiences with Pluralsight"

Comments: As a company, we use the Pluralsight platform to create learning paths for onboarding new employees and continue the learning experience for existing employees. This enables us to identify areas to encourage a learning culture and support employee development. I appreciate the constant notification of updates to course material and enhancements. It displays the dedication Pluralsight has in providing updated material in a fast past field and in turn helps me to communicate with the users to ensure they are aware of updates beneficial to their needs. The staff is quick in response time and displays an earnest interest in helping our company focus on where we want to be in with our Learning and Development platform.

Pros: The software provides an easy tool to identify learning paths for our employees and tailor them to the level of the employee's experience. It is well organized, easy to navigate and allows the employee access for continuous learning at their own pace. It also provides them with access to other areas of development outside of their current roles. We appreciate the analytics that allows us the opportunity to evaluate the progress and effort put forth in the usage of the product. We also appreciate the available tools to identify skill levels. We appreciate the new content that is continually being added and the visibility as to when the courses were created.

Cons: Using Pluralsight has been a good experience for our company and we haven't encountered any unfavorable aspects when working with the software.

Andrew S.
Software Engineer
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/05/2020

"Good Software"

Comments: I have managed to upgrade my skills and track my progress

Pros: The features that I love most are:
- Skills Assessment - which is a test that you take when beginning a study path and you can take again along the way to assess your progress.

Cons: It is very difficult to manage different learning paths

• Reviewed on 19/05/2020
Kyle F.
IT Team Lead
  • Reviewed on 23/02/2020

"Pluralsight has too much"

Pros: Tons of topics on varying levels of understanding. Has filled my needs for any niche technology I'm currently looking into.

Cons: Too many topics can sometimes be a bad thing. The quality is very varied and unfocused. Many of my colleagues love this service but it isnt for me

• Reviewed on 23/02/2020
Aram K.
Engineering Manager
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/03/2020

"Great Learning Platform for People working in Technology"

Comments: Overall, I have had great experience with the Pluralsight content and I think all software teams will benefit from doing their courses

Pros: I like the variety of the content related to software and programming. They also publish new content on newly released technologies and trending ones pretty much on a daily basis.

Cons: Sometimes, if you are looking for deep-dive learning in particular concepts like software architecture, specially more modern architectures, you will find there are gaps in the content

• Reviewed on 04/03/2020
Software Engineer
Computer Software, 10,001+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/02/2020

"Pluralsight is my "goto" resource for video training on technical subjects"

Comments: Keeping up with ever changing technology is very difficult, Pluralsight makes it tolerable to learn new content in a fun and engaging way.

Pros: The vast brethren of available computer courses is amazing on Pluralsight. There are literally thousands of courses to choose from, including old technologies and cutting edge-new technologies. The courses are all professionally done and I haven't found one yet that wasn't worth watching.

Cons: The content is mainly technically focused. On some other learning sites (like Lynda.com) there are some non-technical courses available (soft skills like presenting or public speaking for instance).

• Reviewed on 09/02/2020
Charles P.
Senior Software Engineer
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"Great Learning Experiences"

Comments: I like the changes that they have been implementing to address user experience issues and simplify usage.

Pros: I love that you can take pre-assessment testing to understand what you don't know and that the offer suggestions on what to watch/study to help fill those gaps. I also love that I can get a variety of offerings on a similar topic so that I understand more view points.

Cons: I see confusion around the differences of Roles, Paths, etc.

Josh S.
IT Education Program Manager
Financial Services, 10,001+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2019

"Use Pluralsight for All Tech Skill Needs"

Comments: We have 1300+ technologists with a plethora of skill needs. Pluralsight offers top tier content and interactive exercises delivered by industry-leading instructors.

Pros: Pluralsight has a vast, amazing library of content. Whatever your IT needs are, you'll find high-quality content.

Cons: I'd like Pluralsight to be my silver bullet. I want content on soft skills in the same source to make my life easier.

Jacek C.
Senior Software Engineer
Information Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2019

"Gives competitive edge to my career"

Comments: Listening to the courses gave me inspiration as well as great tips that often helped me reach highier levels of my career as a Software Engineer.

Pros: Knowledge is easily accessible through high quality content.

Cons: Leaves me a bit without a tool to plan long term - I used OneNote and Evernote for few years to keep track of past/in-progress/planned courses - I've given up a bit and got used to Channels - although they get a bit hard to use after exceeding 20-30 items on a list.

Shelby G.
Program Manager
Financial Services, 10,001+ Employees

"What a Fantastic Tool"

Pros: The library of content, features list, and the fact that many of the courses meet requirements for certification is a phenomenal benefit. I would highly recommend Pluralsight to any organization looking for training options for staff.

Cons: As with many mature softwares, maybe a bit too feature rich, but in no way a concern!

Gilbert S.
IT Specialist
Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/12/2019

"Content well organized"

Comments: Overall my experience with PluralSight has been very positive.

Pros: I really enjoy the ease of use of the PluralSight Web Site interface. That allows me to quickly search courses and add them to a Custom created Learning Channel. The course content is well organized and well broken up into manageable sections.

Cons: I have been fortunate that only a few courses the presenters audio was sort of difficult to make out. I had to turn on Close Captioning. One thing that I have noticed a little, that would definitely quickly cause me concern is not having available the latest content.

• Reviewed on 23/12/2019
Neil J.
Software Dev
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2019

"Quality tech courses for everyone"

Comments: Have been using it for years and have learned a lot

Pros: The download and learning check features

Cons: Most courses are entry level, I would like more advanced/specialized courses

Dong H.
Sr. Developer
Human Resources, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2019

"Very Good learning system"

Comments: Will keep using

Pros: can find out many courses you want to learn

Cons: In the course, is it possible to allow the students to search on a topic and start to learn a piece or a demo to only focus on what they the need

Sarthak S.
SDE-1
Retail, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2019

"Food, Cloth, House and Pluralsight - A Basic need "

Comments: Anyone and everyone wanting to jump or just at the shallow end of the technological ocean must use PS to fast track their knowledge base. I personally developed a completely new integration system, without any business cost, at an enterprise level just with the videos of PS. It is that amazing of a guide.

Pros: The sheer volumes and varied contents of PS is amazing. The ease of use of the web player and the slick offline player.

Cons: Keyboard shortcuts on the player could be better.

Robert O.
Infrastructure manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2019

"Great Resource, Quality Teachers and Many Topics"

Comments: We use Pluralight as a benefit to our employees. The company provides access to this services and it is helping us get certifications and sharpen our skills for the business, professionally and personally.

Pros: I like the search ability and detailed descriptions. Whether I'm curious or need serious information, I can find the title to help me accomplish that goal.

Cons: It is not optimized for Mobile use. For me I struggled to review a course or sometimes start the course while using the mobile app. Some of that may have been signal related, but some additional work to optimize for mobile delivery may be required.

Jason S.
Sr. LAN Administrator
Automotive, 201-500 Employees

"Awesome online training"

Comments: I hope my employer continues to allow us to purchase it each year, it is a value added tool that we use constantly.

Pros: I can access it anywhere and download trainings while I am out of cell or wireless range.

Cons: The library can sometimes get overwhelming and dialing in what I want to see sometimes I miss new videos or other videos that might benefit me.

John E.
.NET Software Architect
Information Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2019

"Pluralsight is great for the entire team"

Pros: Pluralsight is great for the entire team. I sometimes as the Architect get requests out of left field and learning a new technology we need to evaluate or integrate with Pluralsight is invaluable in getting both basic and detailed info on a wide range of topics. It's great to roll out to a team of developers or QA as well.

Cons: I don't see a way to add it to my smart TV

Mary P.
UC/CC Engineer
Government Administration, 10,001+ Employees

"Pluralsight review"

Comments: Great. The instructor is an excellent teacher.

Pros: Well organized to follow the paths/channels that I am interested in.

Cons: Possibly dated material for Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching track which is from 2016. With the pace of technology changes anticipate this is not the latest in Cisco information although the fundamentals will certainly apply.

Mark A.
Software Manager
Biotechnology, 501-1,000 Employees

"Invaluable Tool"

Pros: In a constantly changing technology landscape, this is a great tool to keep up. You can get the big picture or go in depth on just about any software technology.

Cons: There is so much content, sometimes it can be hard to narrow down what you're looking for, but Pluralsight has been doing an excellent job to help curate the content.

Nathan M.
Application Developer
Government Administration, 13-50 Employees

"Learning Made Easy"

Comments: Pluralsight helped onboard me to a new job with a new company in record time. I feel confident about my skills, and have already taken on projects using the learned skills.

Pros: Pluralsight has made my transition into this position seamless. Their learning paths provide straightforward, well, paths for the concepts necessary to each concept. With course code examples provided, interactive discussions with the course instructors, and fully interactive courses, it provides a learning environment for everyone.

Cons: Some of the courses are getting a little long in the tooth, but they've been replacing many very recently.

Graham F.
Help Desk Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2019

"Great Tool for Training"

Pros: Ease of navigation and the quality of the courses if great. It is a valuable tool for helping to train staff or letting them grow their knowledge in technical areas of interest.

Cons: More Google management courses or healthcare IT related courses would be appreciated.

Frans V.
BI Developer
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 01/11/2019

"Bring the training at your home. It is very affordable"

Comments: For the price of an half day of class room training, you get access to a whole breadth of IT related trainings. Some of them are really great.

Pros: Many subjects available. Can watch video's whenever I like

Cons: Lots of high level overview trainings (e.g. on Azure Data Platform). I find it hard to find more focused, concrete trainings

• Reviewed on 01/11/2019
Sheila A.
Change Mgmt & Control Analyst
Education Management, 5,001-10,000 Employees

"Excellent quality courses!"

Comments: The courses offered allow the user to stay on top of trends in their industry. This subscription is well worth the cost to my company. It is so much easier to take one of your classes than to attend an onsite training program.

Pros: These courses are a cut above the competitors (e.g. Lynda.com, etc.). The variety and depth of courses offered make it easy to determine which courses are right for your career path and interests. Well done!

Cons: Not every course comes with a downloadable outline. Would make it easier on the student.

Dave C.
Director of Application Development
Insurance, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2019

"Pluralsight keeps your current"

Comments: I use it to get information and learn topics on my time if and when I want to learn them. It is very flexible and remembers where you left off so you can pick up again. So that is very convenient when you dont have a lot of time to sit and learn a topic. You can continuously learn at your own pace.

Pros: The wide variety of course and the detailed information contained within each course

Cons: I dont have anything that I like least about the software.

Karla H.
Manager Integration Engineering
Insurance, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2019

"Great source to learn several skills"

Pros: I love that we can search for different topics, whether is soft skills or technical skills. There are basic trainings to understand the new technologies and concepts.

Cons: It lacks some specialized technical skills that my team could benefit from .