15 years helping Israeli businesses

About Notion

Notion is the all-in-one workspace for notes, projects, documents, and collaboration.

Learn more about Notion

Pros:

Furthermore, there are plenty of tutorials provided by Notion and they have an excellent support team. They really hear what the users ask and they frequently implement the requested features.

Cons:

Without recurring tasks and less task-oriented features it was a tough call to make. I wanted it to work so badly.

Notion ratings

4.3
4.4
4.6
4.6

8.9/10

Notion has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 2,183 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Notion before?

Filter reviews (2,183)

Manuel Felipe
Manuel Felipe
People Excellence Manager in Colombia
Food & Beverages, 501–1,000 Employees

Notion is the best cost-benefit option to Knowledge and Project Management

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

It integrates 2 of the most critical needs of any company: Knowledge management and project management. It is easy to implement and start using. It has versatility about the creation of admin and visitor roles, allowing the reach to several parts of the company.

Cons:

Some automation or column calculations may be hard to implement unless you know their programming. Nonetheless, a couple of hours later you are familiarized.

Jesse
Documentary Editor in US
Media Production, Self Employed

Notion is amazing—if you can make it click

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Notion at first didn't make sense to me, but when it clicked, boy did it click. I run my business from Notion, I track my habits, I track my reading notes and daily notes—it all lives inside Notion. And with AI tools getting better, I only see my use of Notion growing.

Pros:

Notion is a blank canvas that lets you create basically anything you want. I've used it to create a task manager, project manager, reminders, and my ongoing library of notes and documents. All of this is even available under the free account. The AI features they have introduced are solid, helping me create blog posts and also have quicker access to my ever-expanding notes.

Cons:

A blank canvas is great, but only if you understand how to use it. It took me several tries before Notion finally clicked. It can be clunky as a task manager, and though it's functional it's not the most visually appealing.

Colleen
Senior Director, Programs in US
Retail, 51–200 Employees

Don’t understand the hype

3.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Notion is promoted frequently as the “go to” software for task management, documentation and collaboration and I just do not understand the hype. To me it’s a simple word document and it doesn’t offer a variety of useful features unlike other task or project management software.

Cons:

It lacks common functionality that would be useful for everyday management.

Olivia
CEO in Canada
Retail, 2–10 Employees

My company's one stop resource

Comments: Notion was very easy to set up and my team found the content and functionality very easy to adopt. It's the one place my team an find everything they need related to our business.

Pros:

Notion is my company's internal source for everything, such as co-worker profiles, most used documents, task management, company handbook, work events, and payroll information.

Cons:

As a non-tech, non-design person, I found it challenging to choose the right templates and set up the most user-friendly design for my team. There are pages I have built that do not get used because of how I have designed them.

Jessica
Graphic Design Software, Self Employed

Notion is a fully customizable project-management solution

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall I am very pleased with Notion, as we have successfully built a functional project management system that serves as a well-oiled system for managing our company's workflow. The pricing is significantly less than well-known alternatives.

Pros:

I like that Notion allows full customization in building the databases, and does not force you into a pre-determined template like other project management systems. While the trade-off is more time spent up front learning how Notion works and building out the templates, it is worth it to have everything tailored to your business.

Cons:

The biggest drawback was the time it took to build out our Notion databases, and figure out how we should do it. There was a learning curve, and we are continually figuring new things out. Also, we really wish Notion and Google Calendar would sync, because Notion's Calendar lacks the functionality and aesthetic qualities of Google.

Accounting Software, 11–50 Employees

Great for taking any type of notes

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: My main use for Notion is for taking notes on my work clients for me to remember all key details about them. I also use Notion for personal use, such as meal planning and for vacations itinerary.

Pros:

The best part of Notion is how customizable this can be depending on if you need to track work assignments or school notes. The AI feature for writing can be so useful when you need to ask for definitions when taking notes or if you need to add an statistic but you forgot the exact number.

Cons:

The set up is hard, its a system that if you don't know how to use it can be hard to navigate.

scarlet
Social Media Consultant in Australia
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Employees

Best life app ever

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Literally amazing in every sense. It is fantastic in all aspects. wouldn’t change a thing

Pros:

Everything about motion is fantastic. I have used Notion to organize every aspect of my life for the last 2-3 years and I have had no problems.

Cons:

It takes a while to get used to, but honestly once you get the hang of it it’s amazing.

Telecommunications, 2–10 Employees

Great UX makes easy to use

Comments: Very be positive for what we use it for

Pros:

We’ve built our CS teams homepage on Notion. Great place and easy to build our knowledge base

Cons:

Table function is very basic - can’t do any kind of formula.

Karin
Karin
Program Manager in US
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Notion is a great way to share internal info with external audiences - beautifully and easily

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: At my work Notion became the go-to way of distributing company information - specifically each new iteration of the app we were developing. It was great that a simple do to keep everyone up to date on the app development became a beautiful public information channel as well. Efficient!

Pros:

I love how documents that could be boring but necessary get extra bang for their buck by being easily able to be transformed into interactive, streamlined, and easy to comprehend docs that anyone can utilize and benefit from.

Cons:

It's a bit of a learning curve so any help with onboarding, training and getting staff onboard with utilization and incorporation into day to day tasks would be appreciated.

Melanie
Melanie
Online Media, Self Employed

Effective planning and sharing all in one place

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Notion does have a bit of a learning curve (I come from an administrative background so this was easy enough for me to get acquainted with) but the guides on their site make this app useful even for those who are not the most internet savvy.

Pros:

Notes, tasks, and projects are all easy to contain and collaborate on while using Notion. Tons of customizations make this better than Google docs or sheets any day!

Cons:

It is complicated to use upon starting of you aren't typically someone who organizes through categories or files or even keeps track of details. Yet, this is also the platform that CAN help you get organized!

Higher Education Software, 501–1,000 Employees

The holy grail of organization

Comments: Notion is my second brain at home and at work. It has definitely improved my workflows and helped me organize all the different areas of my job, related resources, even scheduling, into one platform. It's not yet a full replacement for something like Evernote or Airtable, but it currently has the best of both those platforms, and I believe it will soon overtake them.

Pros:

I have used Notion for personal projects since it first came out. Recently I have started migrating my work documentation and databases to Notion, and I'm very impressed. The ease of setting up relational databases within notes is unmatched in any other software I've used.

Cons:

There are some small features that Notion does not yet excel at. Currently there is no way to view a calendar view of a database in any view other than month view, which is a small complaint. I know the Notion team is working on improving offline functionality as well, as it is pretty reliant on a steady Internet connection, which hasn't been a problem for me personally.

Megan
Blogger in Australia
Online Media, Self Employed

Notion is a great tool to organize just about anything

Comments: I use Notion to plan blog posts, collect research, make notes and save webpages. It has almost fully replaced evernote for me. I really love the mobile app and can see this tool developing further so it will be an all in one go to tool for organizing and planning.

Pros:

You can organize your entire life using Notion, your work, study and home life can all be taken care of within Notion. You can replace so many other tools with this one tool that runs on your computer or phone. There is heaps of templates to get you started such as calendars, to do lists, meeting notes, saved websites and much more.

Cons:

There could be a bit more of a similar way to bookmark webpages like evernote but this functionality is developing.

Daniel
Strategic Partnerships in Australia
Hospital & Health Care, 501–1,000 Employees

Notion: The Best FREE Note-taking software to date!

Comments: Ultimately, I would recommend Notion to anyone in an instant. It has a suite of features, user-friendly UI and organisation benefits. Furthermore, the personal subscription recently became free for everyone and the business prices are reasonable, giving people no reason not to use Notion. I believe that Nation can fit into many workflows very easily due to its plethora of features.

Pros:

Notion is absolutely brimming with useful features and is the Swiss army knife of note-taking applications. The overall software is so minimalistic and intuitive to use that I personally learnt it within a few days. The whole software revolves around using "/ " to create blocks and edit text; for example, a /toggle would create a toggle block which acts as a dot point except that you can hide/show it. This makes the learning curve of notion virtually non-existent and creates unparalleled flexibility in the structure and style. I find that the simple and uncluttered UI helps clear my mind and focus on the current task. The data management is superb with extensive sorting, classification and customisation features for the spreadsheet and databases functions. The timeline features are also an extremely welcome addition in the recent updates and allow for the seamless moving of date-specific records. There are countless useful templates as well which certainly help give me ideas about what I wanted my Notion notes to look like.

Cons:

Some features make little sense and unfortunately cannot be disabled. One of these issues occurs when clicking on a page in a table and it opens up as a tiny square and you need to press "Open as page," to make the page full screen. This is just a small annoyance and is honestly not that big of a deal. Another lacking feature is the scarce customisation options for text formatting however there are solutions to this through Google Text Fonts. There are also a few limitations of the free Personal Plan but if you needed the full collaborative features of Notion, your company would usually pay for that. The offline mode for Notion is frankly quite bad as you have to preload the pages when you have internet beforehand. Otherwise, your notes would be inaccessible. However, this isn't at all a deal-breaker as there is usually internet everywhere. Notion has also indicated that they are focusing on this problem for future updates. The mobile app is also sluggish at times but it is mostly alright.

Melissa
Learning & Development Business Partner in France
Telecommunications, 501–1,000 Employees

Flexible and Collaborative!

Comments: Personally, I love this tool because it allows me to build databases of knowledge, even my personal Resume page. Everything is in one place and I don't have to search extensively through notebooks or confusing organizational systems. I like that you can really transform your ideas from just a thought to reality. Notion is great for tracking goals and helps you to navigate towards your end destination. If you're using it with a team it can be a great place to build up internal knowledge bases- but the trick is keeping it updated and making sure that what you're building is something an average Joe can navigate.

Pros:

Notion is a great tool to use because you can do a variety of things on the tool. Project & task management, note-taking, building knowledge deposits, I even built my own resume page about myself in Notion! It is a functional and flexible platform that also allows the administration of databases and these can be connected to each other and also provides great value as the ability to connect information between different departments or pages helps our employees find information easily.

Cons:

The mobile apps aren't 100% amazing, there are some features that I think should be more included with the free version and the price is a little high.

Dennis
Partner in UK
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

A vital tool

Comments: The initial learning curve* is sooooooo worth it; I now manage just about everything through Notion. For me, it's the '2nd brain' that the likes of [SENSITIVE CONTENT]
bang on about (and with good reason) - I'm more organised, more productive and less stressed.
*Only to use it more extensively; if you just want an Evernote or OneNote alternative, it's as easy as they are)

Pros:

Enables me to record, note and plan things in whatever way works best at the time, and then find it again, instantly!

Cons:

As a new user, it takes a little planning to maximise some of its benefits; I needed to rethink the structure behind many things that had previously existed purely as notes.

Jason Edward
Jason Edward
Marketer in Spain
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

The best and worst of Notion

Comments: Overall it's a great app, I just wish it would be faster and also easier to navigate.

Pros:

Notion is an extremely flexible software. Thanks to their databases and multiple views like calendar, Kanban, tables and lists. I found it to be extremely intuitive and fun to use. I can definitely see how it could replace a google docs and be a central place for your team.

Cons:

So the big elephant in the room... Notion can be slow at times, especially when using it on my phone. I would spend a lot of effort just trying to switch between pages. When I would type in it I felt that my text was not in real time. Also on Mobile sometimes I couldn't highlight text due to a bug on their side. This goes against the productivity it is trying to create. Also the way it works with folders, it very quickly becomes far too many different places and I would need to think about where I need to put the specific note I'm working on, vs actually just writing the note. I think that it would be far better if notion stopped relying so much on folders and rather just made their search and internal linking more streamlined.

Logistics & Supply Chain, 11–50 Employees

Best workflow management tool out there

Comments: I can not recommend this software enough, there is a small learning curve, but once you master the platform, it will be gamechanging.

Pros:

This software is a combination of Evernote, Excel, and PowerPoint. While I believe the team initially developed the software as a sophisticated workflow management tool, it has evolved into so much more, it is nothing short of a CRM tool that can be used in any business in any industry. The robust nature of it's features and the ease at which you can mould your workspace to suit your needs or business is beyond anything any other software has been able to develop.

Cons:

There isn't necessarily an effective forum set-up for the Notion team to interact with its super users to gain feedback from them on what works and what doesn't, what future features could be extremely beneficial and understand how the software is used differently depending on the industry.

Sekharendu
IT Admin in India
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

Amazing! Simplified Database Management

Comments: Exceptional. Life Saving. Notion actually helped me organise all my research and workflow integrated.

Pros:

Simple interface with database backend, makes it customisable to be used for any form of management.So useful to have web based interface and database table structure, with customisable frontend database display, with link to share, with templates to duplicate all in one.

Cons:

Formatting text has limitation, cannot increase or decrease font sizes in the body.Also cannot customise the heading/subheading etc.

Filip
Ceo in Belgium
Professional Training & Coaching, 11–50 Employees

Our digital workplace (it made me forget the Microsoft stack, to which I never want to return!)

Comments: It’s just great that it creates the feeling that the whole team collaborates continuously.

Pros:

It’s one platform with a huge amount of hyperlinked and metadated content. Content in its databases is presented in an unlimited number of filtered views - anyone gets served, based on only one truth that recycles the data.The AI component is really added value: it helps me translate, write letters, write documentation; it helps me think! And it even acts as a coach for me!!It also offers you the possibility to present your information in beautifully designed ways.

Cons:

I can understand that some find it too dynamic, when they are used to the Microsoft files in folders, or the ‘my desktop’-world. Here you are always “together” —- collaboration is in the dna of Notion. Welcome to the 21st century!

Sheen
Product Manager in Spain
Public Safety, 11–50 Employees

Best documentation tool for your company

Pros:

Notion is by far the easiest to use tool to manage documents, share knowledge between teams or to simply take notes for meetings. It is literally a digital notebook. You can easily collaborate with your team members because you can have shared Notion pages. I love that Notion is so intuitive. There are so many commands that you can use to make the page look better in terms of its readability. They have put a lot of thought into making it an easy to use tool. I also like that they have mobile app, desktop app as well as browser availability. I have even used it for personal purposes, whether it is about making travel plans or making an integration with your website, Notion can be a great tool for it all.

Cons:

I think the only thing that Notion falls short in is the way Tables are presented. If you add a Table in your Notion page, it will have limited functions which makes me want to move out of Notion and maintain an excel or word doc. Otherwise Notion is a pretty complete application in itself. But when you make a table in Notion, you cannot really format your text within it. It is the least advanced function in Notion.

Mustafa
Mustafa
Co-Founder in Türkiye
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2–10 Employees

One of the best multi-purpose project management software you can use.

Comments: I often use Notion as my hardware venture. I collect and prepare the contracts we will make on Notion. I create Wikis on Notion to inform the client. I also use Notion to avoid confusion in my side projects because sometimes I forget what I'm doing and what I'm going to do. Thanks to the themes it offers, I can create pages in a very flexible way. On the other hand, I use Notion for personal time management, meeting notes, etc., without the need for a different application. This works great because I don't like using too many apps. Overall I am very satisfied with Notion. I definitely recommend it.

Pros:

First of all, it's great to be able to use Notion for so many different purposes. For example, I use Notion for project management in my professional business. Because it offers many different features completely free of charge. I can share directly with my colleagues and perform simultaneous file editing. There are many different free themes. We can also use these themes by customizing, if we want, we don't even need to customize them because they are really good. On the other hand, when you have many side projects, you want to get rid of clutter. I think this is one of the best apps you can do. Because it gives you the opportunity to add pages easily, customize the theme and add many features to your page quickly. You can also use it for your personal business. For example, I helped my girlfriend prepare a timetable on Notion for 6 months during the exam period and we really benefited from it. When we collect all these, we see again what a good application it actually is. Thank you Notion team. To summarize, having regular pages, integration with many different plugins, very flexible and feature-rich plugins, having various themes (really good themes) and being able to create your own themes are very good features.

Cons:

Frankly, the only feature I don't like on Notion is that sometimes we need to download files. For example, we prepare the project contract very well over Notion, but since it will be an official document, it must be of the specified type. But the pages that look great on Notion may not be so good when downloaded. Sometimes (I'm an iPhone SE2 user) the pages I navigate in the mobile application can be deleted. It is not possible to repeat projects in areas such as metro. I would like this fixed, maybe I'm the problem. I'm still having a download problem. This problem is in the tables. I would like the tables to be downloaded directly in Excel format.

Abby
Digital Marketing Manager in US
Real Estate, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Perfect Solution for Task Management, Project Planning and Goal Setting

Comments: As someone with ADHD, Notion is the perfect solution for setting up my own unique and personal workflow. Being able to customize my workspace and plan projects in a way that makes sense to me has made me so much more productive and organized. Although the learning curve is a bit steep, Notion provides many resources and articles that provide enough instruction to figure most things out.

Pros:

Notion is an endlessly customizable platform that is somehow simple at the same time. I use Notion as a database, task manager, project planner, and overall life planner. I am able to set goals for myself and have those goals plastered on the homepage within Notion so I am constantly reminded of where I need to direct my focus and attention. Since using Notion I have successfully been able to track my goals and have accomplished many things that I never would have thought possible.

Cons:

The software can be glitchy and updates from the web version don't always transfer automatically to the app and vice versa. The task management functionality leaves much to be desired and recurring tasks and reminders are not a built-in function of the platform.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

The All-in-One Tool for Organizing and Managing Your Work and Life

Comments: Overall, Notion is a comprehensive and versatile tool that can help users to organize and manage their work and personal life in one place. Its flexibility, collaboration features, and wide range of integrations make it a great choice for anyone looking to increase productivity and get a better handle on their information.

Pros:

Notion is a versatile and powerful productivity tool that allows users to organize and manage their work and personal life in one place. It offers a wide range of features, including notes, tasks, wikis, and databases, that can be combined and customized to suit each user's specific needs.One of the key benefits of using Notion is its flexibility. It allows users to create custom pages, databases, and templates that can be used to organize and manage various types of information, such as notes, tasks, projects, and even personal information like finances. The wide range of features and ability to customize the layout to your needs make it a great tool for both personal and professional use.Another benefit of Notion is its collaboration features. It allows multiple users to access and edit the same page and database, making it easy for teams to work together on projects and shared information. Additionally, it has a feature called "Share" which lets user share a read-only version of pages or databases with people outside of your organization.Notion also integrates with a wide range of other apps and services, such as Google Drive, Trello, Slack, and Evernote, that allows to import and export data seamlessly. It also has a feature called "Integration" which can connect to other apps to bring data into Notion, such as fetching data from a website, or a RSS feed, or even taking screenshots.

Cons:

Nothing as of now as it has helped with so many easy features to use.

Armand
Publishing, Self Employed

Comments: Notion is a versatile and collaborative workspace that excels in organizing and managing information. Its customization options, collaborative features, and dynamic content capabilities make it a powerful tool for individuals and teams. Despite its learning curve and the absence of native mobile apps, Notion remains a top choice for those seeking a flexible and highly adaptable workspace solution.

Pros:

Notion is a powerful all-in-one workspace that offers an impressive range of features and customization options. It serves as an organizational hub for individuals, teams, and even entire organizations. After using Notion extensively, here's my review of its key strengths and areas for improvement.Notion's greatest strength lies in its versatility. The platform allows users to create and organize a wide variety of content types, including notes, documents, databases, task lists, and more. The flexibility in structuring information makes it suitable for various use cases, from personal note-taking to project management and team collaboration.The ability to customize and design pages within Notion is impressive. Users can personalize their workspace with a variety of templates, layouts, and formatting options. The intuitive drag-and-drop interface makes organizing and reorganizing content a breeze. It's a highly adaptable platform that can be tailored to match individual preferences and workflows.Notion's collaborative features are robust and facilitate seamless teamwork. Real-time editing, commenting, and task assignment allow for effective collaboration within teams. The ability to share specific pages or entire workspaces with colleagues ensures everyone stays on the same page. The platform's permissions and access controls provide added security and control over sensitive information.

Cons:

While Notion is a feature-rich platform, its learning curve can be steep for newcomers. The vast array of options and possibilities might overwhelm users initially. However, Notion's extensive documentation, tutorial videos, and active community help mitigate this challenge by providing valuable resources for learning and exploring its capabilities.Another consideration is the lack of native mobile apps. While Notion offers mobile access through its web app and mobile browser, a dedicated mobile app would provide a more seamless and optimized experience. However, the company has been actively working on improving the mobile experience, and updates may address this concern in the future.

Jordan
Co-Founder in US
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Notion is our lifeblood

Comments: Overall, I'm super happy with Notion. I use it literally every day and depend on it a great deal. Would recommend to other startup founders and small businesses.

Pros:

Notion makes organizing our entire company generally easier. We use the tools for taking notes during external calls, documenting our code, writing the employee handbook, and planning our product roadmap. Notion makes it super easy to spin up pages and organize them based on their respective topics. The ability to also nestle in any relevant content on a page is super helpful for building pages around sales or partnerships - they become fully contextual.

Cons:

What is tough about Notion is that it can be hard to get going. I at first was apprehensive to the tool because initially it's very confusing. Once the onboarding and UX is fully smoothed out, everyone will be on it. Once overcoming the initial hurdle though and you learn to "speak the Notion language" it'll change your life.