RUN Powered by ADP Reviews

• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.5 /5
    4.4 /5

About RUN Powered by ADP

RUN simplifies payroll and HR with a comprehensive set of easy-to-use tools, all backed by ADPs small business expertise.

Learn more about RUN Powered by ADP

Showing 25 reviews of 668

Lynnette D.
Treasurer
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/08/2019

"Run Powered by ADP"

Comments: I am glad to see that more attention has been given to the app. I used to have a lot of frustration with the app and have not seen as many problems as in the past. Please continue making improvements to the app!

Pros: It does the work of payroll for you! Storing a template for payroll, paying taxes for our business, easy to use reporting are just a few of the extremely helpful things Run ADP does. Love the app that is available!

Cons: When I to the Time Management area and it comes up in another screen, I find it very annoying that I cannot easily return to the Run program. Once I sign out of Time Management and try to go back to Run, it says I am not authorized to view this page. Would be very nice to return to Run without having to sign back in.

by ADP on 04/09/2019

Lynnette,

Thank you for providing this valuable feedback about your experience with RUN Powered by ADP?!

We are pleased to hear you find RUN Powered by ADP? to be easy and efficient, especially the mobile app that allows for on demand access!

I will relay your login access feedback to our Product Team for further review.

We thank you for your valued partnership and appreciate your insights!

• Reviewed on 29/08/2019
Melissa C.
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/08/2019

"Our All Around Payroll Solution!"

Comments: Overall, ADP is the perfect fit for our catering company. It provides us with exactly what we need for payroll processing as well as the added bonus of convenient communication with employees. Not to mention their lighting fast, secure delivery of our payroll checks overnight to our door step.

Pros: I really enjoy the multiple options ADP offers for employees. From an administrative side, we have many different positions that incur their own payscale and ADP allows us the flexibility to customize each employees information. With multiple event pay rates available, we can easily choose which rate is appropriate for the shift completed. Setting up employees is beyond easy and we have the ablilty to have W2 employees and 1099 employees separated yet all accessed in one convenient location come payroll time. Editing existing employees is just as easy and setting them up. From an Employee stand point, I receive detailed information from each pay period and I am able to access any of my information, including past pay stubs, at my finger tips with their convenient employee portal.

Cons: The only thing I can say we wish ADP offered was integration with our Catering Software. As convenient as ADP is to us, we still have to pull pay information from another program and enter it into ADP. If ADP integrated with our software, that would eliminate the extra step and help us even more.

by ADP on 23/08/2019

Melissa,

Thank you for the outstanding feedback on RUN Powered by ADP?!

We strive to provide superior tools and support that puts time back into your day so you can focus on what matters most -- your business.

We appreciate your recommendation and your valuable insights!

• Reviewed on 16/08/2019
David N.
Payroll
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/08/2020

"Great payroll solution for small business"

Pros: It's fairly easy to start using. I love that they take over tax filings. It's easy to add a new employee. Customer service is pretty quick to respond by chat or email. It has every feature I need, including customized deductions. Direct deposit is very fast and reliable.

Cons: The user interface is sometimes strange: I want it to adapt better to different size screens. I want to sort employees when running payroll. Sometimes notifications for new services can't be dismissed.

by ADP on 18/09/2020

David,

Thank you for your review of RUN Powered by ADP?.

We love hearing that our RUN Powered by ADP? is not only easy and intuitive for you, but that it also provides peace of mind when it comes to taxes and regulatory compliance. We appreciate your feedback and as always we continue to strive to add value to your organization and to add time back into your day through our products and services.

• Reviewed on 17/08/2020
Jillian C.
Accounting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/12/2019

"Run Powered By ADP Is So Easy To Use!"

Comments: I save so much more time using RUN by ADP for payroll and employee management. It takes a lot off of my plate and the fact that I can access it from anywhere is a wonderful bonus. The app works so well on my phone that I've processed payroll while out of town many times with no trouble at all. Payroll should be quick, simple, accessible and ADP RUN delivers on all of those needs.

Pros: The ADP Run payroll platform has been making my life as an office manager easier since 2011. I recommend it to anyone asking about payroll platforms and I hope my office never changes. There are so many behind the scenes things that RUN does for you, like the pesky calculations to see which part-time employees qualify as full-time and have to be counted for the ACA insurance requirements. Done! ADP does that time equivalency for you! State new-hire reporting? ADP does that for you too. Entering employees and processing payroll is a breeze! The payroll reports are thorough and the W-2 processing and mailing is all done by them as well. If you haven't used ADP before then do yourself a favor and call them, you won't regret it.

Cons: My main complaint would be on the employee side of the software. Employees can access their paycheck stubs through a platform called Employee Access. I like that it's available and I can manage it on the RUN side but sometimes the website is buggy. The employees say the app on their phones works better than the website. So you will have to reset passwords at times. I hope ADP addresses the glitches with that website.

Jillian,

Thank you for your feedback on RUN Powered by ADP?!

We are happy to hear that RUN? offers you features and functionality that are easy to use and efficient, especially when on the go! I have passed along your product feedback in regards to Employee Access, would like to hear more detail on the website issues your employees experienced.

We value your long standing relationship and appreciate you taking the time to provide these insights on your experience!

Mike M.
HR Manager
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2018

"Solid HR Platform"

Comments: Overall, we find ADP RUN to be useful and a pretty good value for the money. It saves us time and works as expected 99% of the time with no downtime. ADP has really good customer service and we've enjoyed the integration with the retirement services. RUN is robust and offers a lot of different, useful features.

Pros: We've been using ADP RUN for a few years now and have enjoyed our experience with the system. It makes payroll a breeze and provides our staff members with an easy-to-use timecard and information portal, which allows them to see their pay stubs, W-2s, and retirement balances. Errors within the system are rare, and the ADP customer service team is extremely responsive if any issues do arise. W-2 forms are generated automatically for us to mail out and ADP also helpfully files tax and employment reports, which saves a ton of time. An added bonus is the fact that RUN integrates with ADP's retirement services division, so employees can make changes to their deferral percentages and investment options directly through the Employee Access hub. We've also found the HR411 feature to be useful for basic HR queries, particularly when certain forms are needed. It's a good resource.

Cons: Every so often, the Employee Access hub seems to glitch and prevents some employees from reaching their accounts. I've found that this can sometimes be rectified with a cache clear or even opening the Access portal in a different browser, but overall this is a relatively minor issue and it can be quickly cleared up in most cases. ADP also has a bit of a habit of having random salespeople reach out from time to time to attempt upsells rather than a dedicated account manager (we do have a dedicated manager, but the upsells are usually pitched by others).

• Reviewed on 12/02/2018
Becky R.
Veterinary, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/07/2020

"HR and Payroll Support"

Comments: I have worked with ADP for over 4 years now and anytime someone tries to get me to switch to their company, they just do not measure up to ADP Run.

Pros: User friendly. Reports at your fingertips and if you cannot find a report just call the customer service line and they will create or walk you through pulling the report. Their customer service team has always been top notch and helpful. For forms for new employees they have it. Need Policy and Procedures for your office they have it. There is a world of resources through this software that you can easily get to by computer or lets say your out of the office and need to run payroll, no problem they have an app for that as well.

Cons: I honestly do not have a complaint. The only thing I could suggest is on the Payroll Moblie App it would be helpful if I could make employee changes without having to log in to a computer but definitely not a deal breaker.

by ADP on 24/08/2020

Becky,

We couldn't be more pleased to hear that our partnership empowers you to handle your human capital management needs with ease -- allowing you to plug that valuable time back into your business.

We appreciate your feedback on the RUN? Mobile App and have passed it along to our product team for review.

Sincerely,
Your RUN? Service Team

• Reviewed on 03/07/2020
Controller
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2019

"Reliable, easy, and great customer service"

Comments: It's extremely user friendly, employees can log in to see pay stubs and reports about their pay, customer service is exceptional, and it's not very costly, considering the amount of time it would take me to do this on my own.

Pros: I've had to rely on customer support a few times, whether for questions or the occasional mistake in processing. I've never had an issue that wasn't solved within five minutes. I can open a chat or give them a call, and they either fix it for me or teach me what I need to know. I'm sent a reminder when it's time to run payroll. I especially like that any of the reports can be exported to Excel.

Cons: Once you submit a payroll, you can't edit it. It would be nice if you could complete a payroll, then view some of the resulting reports to identify an errors, then submit it. But, once you click submit, you have to get support involved to change anything. Also, though it's very easy to export any report to Excel, they are formatted to be viewed, not necessarily used for analysis. For example, a report might have multiple occurrences of column titles in the same column as numerical data, in addition to having subtotals in the same column as data. Employee name and date appear above each data set and not on the same row as the data.

by ADP on 11/10/2019

Thank you for your exceptional review of RUN Powered by ADP?!

We are happy to hear that RUN? offers you features and functionality that are easy to use and efficient! The RUN? Service Team is always here to provide quality support, right in the moment you need it and we are thrilled to hear that has been your experience.

Your feedback and insights are important to us so that we can continue to deliver you with the products and tools that enhance your business. Our team would be happy to discuss reports in more depth with you, we look forward to hearing from you.

• Reviewed on 03/10/2019
Project Engineer
Construction, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/08/2018

"Makes Payroll Simple and Easy"

Pros: I used RUN powered by ADP with a company I previously owned with 5 employees. For probably all business owners doing payroll, withholding, and taxes is the biggest stress. RUN was a simple and easy to use for my payroll. You can change employees hours or wages each week by logging into their web portal. It takes no time at all to process the payroll. For the salary employees it was simple to have a reoccurring payroll payment to them every two weeks. It will send the employees all of their information for their direct deposits. The employee can also login to see all his or her information. Best of all at the end of the year the taxes and forms paperwork is all taken care of for you. They will automatically send out the W2s to the employees. This relieves a lot of stress at the end of the year when it comes to taxes. I had to call customer service a few times for questions and help. Their customer service is top notch and very helpful. They have logged into my computer and showed me everything I needed to know. This is a great option for payroll for businesses.

Cons: The only con I could mention is the cost for the service. Of course we all want things to be less expensive but this was a little more expensive than most payroll services. The quality is outstanding so you definitely get what you pay for. RUN has so many extra features that most do not. Aside from the additional cost for RUN I would still recommend it from all the others I have used.

• Reviewed on 02/08/2018
Assistant Corporate Controller
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2018

"ADP Review"

Comments: Overall, ADP is a great software. We used it at a prior job for running payroll and it works great. We were able to pull the reports that we needed and run payroll seamlessly. ADP's support staff was very friendly and helpful with any questions that we had.

Pros: ADP has a lot of good benefits to the user. First off, the user interface is easy to use. It is fairly easy to learn the system and start navigating its menus. Second, the system is very accurate as one would expect. It makes running payroll fairly easy. It allows users to house employee data and then using that data when running payroll.

Cons: The one con (if you can call it a con) would be that you would have to have some training on how to use the system to get the most benefit out of it. It isn't a system that you can just sit down and play with it for a few hours and be an expert at using it.

• Reviewed on 05/12/2018
Elena D.
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/08/2019

"Perfect for a small business like ours"

Pros: We started using ADP Run about 5 months ago and by far I am very satisfied. The interface is easy and user friendly. Even when there is something I can't figure out how to do or just want to make sure I don't do wrong, they have this chat that is surprisingly quick and helpful. You get to speak with representative withing 2 min and they not only explain what to do, but also go in and do stuff for you. It is also really helpful that our employees can access their record via app. What is more, it is way more cost friendly than when we were outsourcing the payroll processing.

Cons: I really haven't encountered any problem yet. It seems to hit all the check marks we need. The only problem is that when we were starting they were a bit chaotic, not communicating between each other. We had a different point of connection every week, and it was somewhat frustrating. But despite this initial period, we have been running smoothly.

by ADP on 15/08/2019

Elena,

While I am sure I am not the first, I am very happy to welcome you to the ADP? family!

We are beyond thrilled to hear that you find RUN Powered by ADP? to be easy and accessible for both you and your employees. Partnering with you to make payroll and HR easy and effortless so that you can focus on your business is always front of mind for us.

Thank you for the valuable feedback. We look forward to connecting with you again.

• Reviewed on 12/08/2019
Jennifer G.
Human Resources Representative
  • Reviewed on 07/08/2017

"Great human resource management tool."

Pros: Great human resource management tool that is easy to use. I love that it gives you real-time reports and lets you create reports that are calculated by the time you have been working. It is very convenient that ADP tool is compatible with many other project management tools and can be easily integrated.

Cons: ADP is a web-based tool with smart time tracking. I wish it could track how many time you have spent on each client with one simple click. The general invoice system is very user-friendly and straightforward however currency change is not an available feature. Detailed visual overviews help plan your time and resources better and offers valuable insights, however the interface is a little boring.

Richard R.
Industrial Automation, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/09/2019

"Weekly Payroll"

Comments: It takes me less than a minute to process my weekly payroll. Very simple to use and with ADP dealing with taxes, a section 125 deduction, and local taxes, it let's me focus on my business.

Pros: Easy to use. Easy to set up. Reasonable Cost. Handles my federal, state, and local taxes. I can do my payroll from just about anywhere.

Cons: Could offer the ability to customize reports for accounting. I don't need to integrate the payroll into my G/L, but formatting reports to allow for easier journal entries would be nice.

by ADP on 26/09/2019

Richard,

Thank you for this stellar review of RUN Powered by ADP?.

Hearing that RUN Powered by ADP? puts time back into your day is music to our ears! We strive to provide you with superior tools and support to enable you to plug that time back into what matters most...your employees and your business.

RUN Powered by ADP? does provide a Custom Report option and our RUN Service Team would be happy to explore this option with you as it relates to your GL. We look forward to hearing from you!

• Reviewed on 24/09/2019
Carla F.
Payroll Specialist
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2017

"In general the overall experience is good"

Pros: The system is easy to use and intuitive. Most days there are very few issues. Everything from benefits, taxing, withholding and demographics are is right there to see.

Cons: Customer service can be a struggle. However recently this does not seem to be an issue either. There are also changes being made, sometimes we are not expecting the placement to change. For example following the last big change we suddenly had to stop and look for the items moved to the pay tab. Even though it did not take long it was unexpected.

Michael F.
Director of HR
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/12/2019

"Good Payroll Software for Small Business"

Comments: Overall our experience was sufficient for administering payroll, we would recommend it to other small business owners looking for a simple and easy to utilize platform.

Pros: The RUN platform allowed us to administrate payroll in a simple setting geared towards a small business. It allowed for a couple of individuals to work in tandem to efficiently work through payroll each period.

Cons: Not really a con but the reporting from this software was weak for a growing business. This really just meant it was time to upgrade the solution we were utilizing.

Michael,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide details on your experience with RUN Powered by ADP?.

We are thrilled to hear that you find our products and services to be easy to work with! We value your insights and look forward to continuing a successful partnership on your payroll and Human Capital Management needs.

--Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Claudia Z.
Patient Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 06/06/2018

"I have been using ADP for over 5 years now and I Truly love it, it's easy to use and very functional"

Comments: The biggest benefit I get from using this software is that I have access to my W2 forms every year, it makes it very convenient for the users.

Pros: What I like most about this software is that it allows you to have access to your time card at all times and that it also shows your time off requests as well.

Cons: What I least like about this software is that it does not show you the amount of personal or vacation time you have accrued or used. However, the mobile app is also very helpful and easy to use.

• Reviewed on 06/06/2018
Bud D.
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/08/2017

"Good product. Very intuitive to use"

Comments: Good payroll processing with tax preparation services

Pros: RUN is a great product for smaller companies like our own. It is very easy to use and has fairly good functionality. We also have had great support from the call center. Rep's are always very helpful and knowledgeable. Reports are also very good. We don't use most of them, but the ones we DO use are very helpful.

Cons: You need to add a feature for some BASIC job costing. We have asked for this for over 3 years but you have not addressed it. Just ONE simple field for a job number would help. Workarounds through your representatives have not been successful. Companies that use RUN are smaller and need just BASIC job costing. If we could find another company as good as ADP that offers even basic job costing we would switch... even though we love ADP.

Karen C.
Payroll Administrator
Automotive, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2017

"Previous ADP user, like the product. I do like that developers listen to users via prod feedback."

Pros: Progression to one-stop-shop usage. I've used EV4 in the past and V12 and new version is a breath of fresh air in comparison to older versions.

Cons: Limitations on simple functionality. I'm not a big fan of time and attendance and how it's structured with time off. It can be cumbersome to run reports off of T/A and most reports that are considered simple (time off balances) require input from the reporting team.

Kelli H.
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2017

"We appreciate the reliability of the software and excellent Sales Rep"

Comments: reliability

Pros: functionality
reliable payments of taxes
payroll preview
direct deposit
retail customer service

Cons: email addresses changing for service centers
wholesale customer service is not as good as retail
implementation mistakes on entry of employees, tax info, and not collecting the full information for dates of birth preventing employees from getting their paycheck stubs

Pat F.
Practice Administrator
  • Reviewed on 19/09/2018

"PAYROLL BY RUN"

Comments: Ease of doing payroll wherever you are. I never have to worry about not being in the office as I can access RUN wherever there is internet.

Pros: Access anywhere, accountant reports are easy to obtain, tax information on hand & available to you all time. Employee data also easily accessible.

Cons: I do not really have problems with RUN. I have lots of issues with Time & Labor Management which is a part of RUN.

• Reviewed on 19/09/2018
Tina J.
Practice Administrator
  • Reviewed on 27/09/2019

"Payroll done easy"

Comments: Very efficient and doesn't require a lot of time to run payroll. Love that we don't have to worry about lots of errors and customer service is great.

Pros: Very efficient payroll process. Doesn't take a lot of time for biweekly input

Cons: Doesn't cover all of questions on specific requests for taxation and that sort. Still have to call ADP

by ADP on 01/10/2019

Tina,

Thank you for this stellar review of RUN Powered by ADP?.

We appreciate your valuable feedback and insights!

• Reviewed on 27/09/2019
Devon M.
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2019

"It works"

Comments: Overall very satisfied. They offer training for other hr needs as well!

Pros: Entering payroll and getting reports is easy. It walks you through step by step. Its great if you aren't a lawyer or accountant as they keep you up to speed on changing laws

Cons: Some reporting tools are confusing. And the app doesn't have full functionality. Occassionally I want to check something and only have the app but cannot access what I need

Devon,

Thank you for your review of RUN Powered by ADP?.

We love hearing that our RUN Powered by ADP? is not only easy and intuitive for you, but that it also gives you peace of mind when it comes to taxes and regulatory compliance.

• Reviewed on 05/12/2019
Judy J.
Onboarding Specialist
Accounting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/11/2018

"Run ADP"

Comments: The ability to have clients added to our dashboard has really improved our efficiency.

Pros: The reporting is great. I also like that we now have an accountant dashboard. This puts all of our clients in one place under one login.

Cons: I really cannot think of anything that i do not like.

• Reviewed on 29/11/2018
Beverly J.
Independent Business Owner
Telecommunications, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/05/2020

"As A Small Business That Just Started in December 2019, I Feel Taken Advantage Of!"

Comments: I just wanted to know how much ADP would cost. Upon talking to the saleswoman over the phone she basically pushed me into going with ADP because there was a promotion going on at the time. From the moment I began using it things have not gone smoothly. I was hit with a couple of NSFs which I admit is my fault because of the bank I am currently using. But also I experienced financial hardship due to the pandemic. I was unable to afford ADP for the month of April. Because of this, they deactivated my account without any real warning. The thing is, the account was still functional, so I even added the time management feature for my employees. I was super excited about that. When I got my PPP loan, I immediately called ADP and scheduled payment that I owed so that my payroll feature would not be suspended. That's when I found out that the account had been deactivated. Instead of reactivating, they offered me a new one and an even bigger discount. But they realized that they had to file Q1 taxes. So they closed the new account, voided the payroll for that account, and reactivated the first account I had. Which is what should have been done in the first place. I was advised to use another method to pay my employees for the pay period until they get my account in order. Somehow, today, I receive an invoice for the payroll I ran even though it was voided. I am being charged for services that I didn't even get to use. Every time I turn around I am having to give them more and more $

Pros: It's very comprehensive and easy to use. Initially seems like you can get a good deal and that the product is worth the price.

Cons: It turns out to be too expensive and it's like they don't get that they charge nearly $400 a month while other companies charge $40. They are not friendly enough for new small businesses and offer no flexibility during hardship such as the pandemic. I ended up having to shell out hundreds of dollars just because I couldn't afford to use the software. When dealing with customer service, things also tend to get unorganized and confusing when they don't have to be.

by ADP on 05/06/2020

Beverly,

We understand the hardship during these times and putting your business and employees first is front of mind. Your RUN? Support Team will be reaching out to ensure full resolution of these matters. We appreciate your partnership and trust more than ever and look forward to connecting to restore that balance.

-Your RUN? Support Team

• Reviewed on 15/05/2020
David L.
Controller
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/12/2017

"Great for Small Businesses"

Pros: Easy to use platform. Little room for Error. Store documents using the doc vault. Gives you exact amount you will need to run payroll.

Cons: Wish the site wouldn't go "down" as much. If this happens be prepared to wait 1.5 hours to speak to someone. Luckily they have a service where you leave your number and they'll call you back. But if your looking to talk to someone immediately, good luck.

• Reviewed on 28/12/2017
Stephen M.
  • Reviewed on 08/08/2017

"Absolutely love the simplicity o f the system."

Comments: I dont have to deal with payroll taxes or issues. ADP is my partner and outsourcing this portion of my workload was the smartest thing I have ever done. The software is user friendly and allows me to focus on those things that make my company money.

Pros: It is user friendly. Most of the reports I need are just a few clicks away. Payroll can be accomplished in a mater of minutes on the portal.

Cons: Mobility. Can I access this site on smaller scaled down version on my iPhone..that is secure?? Can you limit the view for mobile users? Can it be set up like a dashboard for mobile users? One password for both Run and SASS would be great as well.

• Reviewed on 08/08/2017