Power Diary Reviews

• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.5 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.6 /5

About Power Diary

Practice management software that provides everything you need to streamline your health clinic.

Learn more about Power Diary

Natalie W.
Business Owner
  • Reviewed on 29/08/2019

"Power Diary helps me save time"

Comments: I don't have any double handling...I can email clients and other health professionals straight from the software which links to the respective client's file.

Pros: Tailored client note functions, easy accounting with feeds to Xero, and a willingness to look at adaptations to suit the needs of my business.
Also, support by Australian's which is thorough, quick and friendly.
Client Portal

Cons: Still a few aspects of the note forms requiring changes to make extra helpful notes for my clinic.

by Power Diary on 01/09/2019

Thanks for the great review!

• Reviewed on 29/08/2019
Vanessa M.
Principal Clinical Psychologist
Medical Practice, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 16/07/2019

"Very happy with PowerDiary"

Comments: It had made it far easier for me to manage my practice in an integrated fashion. I’m essentially using just one to to book appointments, invoice clients, send reminders, keep notes, send letters, manage finances etc. It takes a while to have everything running from PowerDiary but it’s worth putting in the time.

Pros: The thing I really like about PowerDiary is that even with only a single diary, there are no limits on the number of users. Importantly, it is also very user friendly. There are multiple admin staff where I practice and it doesn’t take long for new users to get comfortable with the key features.

Cons: I think the main limitation is the lack of internal messaging. I would appreciate admin being able to send me a message that appears in the program for a different user.

by Power Diary on 19/07/2019

Thanks for your review Vanessa! We agree that it's important that all your admin staff can access and use Power Diary without any extra charges! We'll add the internal messaging to our list of suggestions for future improvements :)

Andrew D.
Medical Practice, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/08/2019

"Brilliant practice management software for specialists!"

Comments: We are a specialist respiratory and sleep medicine practice with 10 physicians. We use powerdiary for all of our appointments and billing. It integrates seamlessly with medicare for our billing, is intuitive, fast, with an excellent team behind it always ready to respond to our queries and cater to our needs. We love it and would recommend it without hesitation.

Pros: Easy to use, intuitive, fast, much simpler than any other practice management software. Very responsive team always willing to engage, field queries and respond to our needs.

Cons: We don't have any issues with Power diary. We have found it meets all our needs.

Renata W.
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2019

"Powerdiary is a life saver"

Comments: Its been fabulous!

Pros: I loved the functionality and the ease of use...it keeps everything in one place..and can be accessed wherever you are!

Cons: I wouldnlove powerdiary to intergrate with tyro, and to be able to run healthcare claims. I would also like a handwriting pad that can be saved for people that handwrite notes rather than uploading.

Sam K.
Psychologist & Clinic Director

"Functional & Improving"

Comments: Power Diary saves us so much time and money. The SMS function is saving us so much time as we aren't getting caught on the phone to clients. Invoicing procedures are relatively easy. Anything that saves us time saves/makes us money.

Pros: Once you have become familiar with the software, it is very easy to use. The support from the help desk is incredible.

Cons: It can take a long time to adjust to new changes, and some bits and pieces feel a bit clunky. For example the way that the communication templates have to be saved as a draft, to be exported. Or the way that we need to 'download' the receipt to be able to print it. It's just double handling.

by Power Diary on 04/06/2019

Thanks for your review Sam. Invoices are created are as a PDF when printed. You should be able to print these directly without downloading them first. If you can let us know the browser type and version you are using we'll be able to take a look at this for you ([email protected]). - Damien

Ian C.
  • Reviewed on 13/07/2019

"Using Power Diary"

Comments: Very positive

Pros: Easy to use, can easily enter and change appointments, can check my appointments using the app on my phone

Cons: I don’t have any negative comments and our receptionists like it but would like it to use text messaging

by Power Diary on 17/07/2019

Hi Ian, Thanks for the great review. I'd love to understand more about your needs with text messaging. We have some really powerful text messaging features including SMS appointment reminders and auto-confirmation, two-way SMS chat, bulk SMS sends, SMS assisted waitlist management and more :) I've sent you a direct email too so we can understand you needs more.
Thanks again,
Damien

• Reviewed on 13/07/2019
Allan A.
Proprietor
Individual & Family Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2019

"My review of Power Diary software."

Comments: It solves many problems. It keeps excellent records
There is a complete history of my business on the software.

Pros: Ease of use
Can be transportable on my phone.
Also on laptop, PC, desktop computer.
Excellent record keeper.

Cons: The price seems to continue to rise, I now pay double what I was paying previously.
I need more training to get some use out of facilities
That I currently don't understand.

by Power Diary on 04/06/2019

Hi Allan, Thanks for your review. We haven't had a price rise in about 9 years, so it might be a change in SMS use that is causing fluctuation. Our Support Team would be happy to review your account with you. Also we have free one-on-one online training available so we help you get the most out of Power Diary. If you're interested in this please let us know ([email protected]) and we'll setup a time that suits you. - Damien

Danielle F.
Senior Supervising Clinical Educational & Developmental Psychologist
Mental Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2019

"Streamlined our whole administration"

Comments: It has streamlined our initial interview and consultation process. It is customizable at every level so it suits almost any practice

Pros: The software has everything you need to get started and maintain a practice... but what I liked most about it was the customer service. Whenever we needed something additional, even during the changeover phase - they were there (day and night) to make it such a breeze. We wouldn’t have changed over without them!!

Cons: We need to use a different software program to store all of the documents that we use

• Reviewed on 14/07/2019
Glynda F.
Practice Manager
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2019

"Positive Feedback"

Comments: I would like to say thank you to the team for always providing quick and efficient service.

Pros: I like what you have done to the "Wait List" feature where it shows how long a client has been waiting for. It's been very beneficial for our practice and allows us to prioritise our clients. It's been the best program to use. I have a colleague in another practice who wishes they were on it, as it makes life a whole lot easier. Especially when it comes to the messaging service. A lot of our clients don't like taking phone calls and would prefer text, and Power Diary easily allows us to do that.

Cons: I can't really think of anything that I don't like.

by Power Diary on 17/07/2019

Thanks for your great review and lovely feedback Glydna. I have passed your comments on to the team too.

• Reviewed on 26/06/2019
Linda H.
Senior Psychologist
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2019

"My experience with Software from an electronics dinasour"

Comments: After 11 years with the company I guess you could definatly say I am satisfied.

Pros: The simplicity of adding patients and the daily diary was easily followed. The ability to add other practitioners if necessary. Everything was on one system. I also liked the continual upgrading and addition and how suggestions were taken seriously.

Cons: Initially I found it cumbersome adding referrers information but this has now been improved. I also required some assistance to work out the invoicing.

Jodie B.
Practice Manager
  • Reviewed on 21/08/2019

"User Friendly"

Comments: I have used Power Diary for two years after setting up our practice from scratch. I found the package super easy and user friendly with loads of great features. I have recommended the program to another practice who have also started using it.

Pros: Very easy to use, heaps of built in features

Cons: Maybe the statements could be a bit simpler

by Power Diary on 22/08/2019

Hi Jodie - thanks so much for your review. Glad to hear that we had a small role in helping your practice get up and running when you were just starting out. Congratulations on what you've built up.

• Reviewed on 21/08/2019
Margoth A.
Social Worker

"Allied health profesional"

Comments: I have use powerdairy for eight years and has never felt disappointed

Pros: I love the soft were is easy friendly to use

Cons: The tutoring on line and updates . Record keeping and the

by Power Diary on 19/07/2019

Hi Margoth, Thanks for your review - although it looks like it might have been cut off mid sentence. If you have suggestions, please send them through to us. Very glad to hear that you're still happy with Power Diary after all this time!
-- Fiona

Natalie R.

"Excellent product"

Comments: Powerdiary has helped my business run smoothly and efficiently. The help desk is great. Always reliable and prompt for all queries.

Pros: Easy to use, good help tools, good reports

Cons: No complaints about this product. Very user friendly.

by Power Diary on 19/08/2019

Great to hear we're helping your business run smoothly and efficiently! Thanks so much for your review.

Leesa M.
Occupational Therapist
  • Reviewed on 15/07/2019

"Calms my practice"

Comments: Using PowerDiary has allowed me to decrease the time spent on writing client notes, creating practice reports as well as reducing the amount of paper I use in my business.

Pros: I love how I can log in from my computer or tablet, allowing me to keep my documentation in my mobile business up to date.

Cons: I would like it if I could modify a saved file without having to then save it externally to upload again.

• Reviewed on 15/07/2019
John M.
Podiatrist
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2019

"Efficiently manage your clients"

Comments: Very happy overall. I like that I can access PowerDiary from any computer at work, at home or on my mobile. Lodging Medicare claims though PowerDiary is a time saver. I like seeing the snap shot of the week on one screen.

Pros: The Diary is central and it is easy to access other functions from the diary screen.

Cons: The process to lodge a bulk billed claim to Medicare is not immediately intuitive.

Cassandra H.
Office Administrator
Medical Practice, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/05/2019

"AMAZINGLY SIMPLE TO USE"

Comments: I have been using Power Diary for 4 years and it is the simplest calendar booking program I have ever used.

Pros: I love the simplicity of it , it is very easy to navigate your way around, finding clients, looking at invoices.

Cons: Nothing comes to mind. I would recommend to everyone

• Reviewed on 30/05/2019
Alexandra B.
Mental Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2019

"Great practice management software"

Comments: Very positive. Greet product that is continually improving.

Pros: The customer support is excellent. The team often make software changes based on our feedback.

Cons: Pages can take some time to load, even when office WiFi is fine.

Kirstin B.
Director / Clinical and Forensic Psychologist
  • Reviewed on 13/08/2019

"I have happy practitioners"

Comments: So far, we're wrapped with it. It's cost effective in comparison to other platforms, easy to use and makes a practitioner's life easier.

Pros: It seems very intuitive to use - although I've contacted support a fair bit to get up and running (and they've been great) - there is a lot about PD that has made sense just by 'playing around'.
The integration with Stripe makes it SO easy to take payments.
Writing (using my iPad etc.) directly into client's clinical notes during session (just like writing in a notepad) - although a bit cumbersome - saves us SO much time.
My team are wrapped with this product.

Cons: The knowledge library or 'help' database hasn't been as easy to use as I'd hoped. My searches can sometimes yield no results.
I also think screen shots of steps (in the knowledge library) would make things HEAPS easier to understand.

Josh B.
Chief Physiotherapist

"Power Diary review"

Comments: Great software to initially start my business with. Very easy to use and also easily accessible from my phone, which allows me to update and put in appointments on my phone

Pros: -Easy to use and user-friendly interface
-Speedy customer support

Cons: -Inability to bulk send text messages to clients regarding special offers or 6 monthly specials after initial assessment

Liz Q.
Head of Administration
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/06/2019

"Love Power Diary"

Pros: Ease of use. Constantly improving. Great support

Cons: No option to colour code clients in setup

• Reviewed on 12/06/2019
Kerri M.
Counsellor
Individual & Family Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 20/08/2019

"Make your Life Easy"

Comments: The system saves me time and having to remember to send client reminders and invoices

Pros: As a Sole Trader, my time is limited and the ease of the initial set up was fantastic!
The systems has lots of bells and whistles however my favourite component is the SMS reminders as it’s one less thing I need to worry about during my working week.

Cons: Not being able to set up 2 different invoice templates as I work across a few different locations

by Power Diary on 22/08/2019

Thanks for the great review Kerri! Let us know if we can help your with your invoice setup. Whilst we don't have separate templates for different locations, information specific to each location can be merged onto the invoice automatically.

• Reviewed on 20/08/2019
Lorelie M.
Speech Pathologist
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2019

"Great for healthcare professionals"

Comments: I've been using powerdiary across 2 work places for 7 years now. Great service for booking client appointments

Pros: I like that I can set up for clients to get automatic text reminders about their upcoming appointments.

Cons: Still getting used to the updated format and have to click edit mode to change details of appointment

Jordan j. P.
Personal Trainer/Brand Ambassador
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2019

"Personal Trainer(s) Appointment Portal"

Comments: All personal trainers appointments in one place. Payment processing makes it easy for clients to pay for their personal training sessions. Clients profile details are located in this app. Makes it easy for personal trainers to refer to specific client.

Pros: I keep track of multiple personal trainers in one portal. Clients book online. Clients can process their personal training payments online. Power Diary shows every personal trainers available time slots.

Cons: Need note security. One personal trainer should not be able to see another personal trainers client notes.

by Power Diary on 15/12/2019

Thanks for the great review Jordan! With the Notes access - if you go to Setup > Users and untick "Access all Client Session Notes" for your users then they won't be able to access other PT's client notes. - Damien

• Reviewed on 04/12/2019
John P.
Osteopath
Alternative Medicine, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/03/2020

"Not too bad, with potential"

Comments: Overall it isn't too bad, Notes are quite good. And staff are good.
However, it does remain a very restrictive platform with multiple irritating imperfections. They are keen to listen and let you know they are making changes, but the role out is extremely slow and slightly disappointing following the long wait. They have the potential to be very good if they implemented the changes they say they would do, but sometimes get they feel they are complacent with their product.

Pros: Support is good in that staff to try their best to help quickly with the availability they have. Have some good features e.g notes. It can be a cheaper option if you avoid using SMS. (This is where they make up the difference.)

Cons: They take a very long time to implement changes, yet they can implement changes fast if need to such as adding telehealth during COVID 19 in a week (if they didn't they would have lost business). They discussed intake forms since I started a year ago (and has been a popular demand by many users) and still just talk of it happening, yet keep you hooked by saying coming in a few months. They make their money on SMS so be careful , never known SMS to be so expensive.
They recently did a user interface facelift with new features. It is still quite dated compared to competitors and you're restricted to what you can do. They could do with a graphics designer or ergonomic designer on their team.

by Power Diary on 15/04/2020

Thanks John. The Online Forms have taken longer than initially anticipated, but I can assure you it has nothing to do with complacency - in fact quite the opposite. Our online forms are built on our Client Portal platform. During dev we identified there were some emerging limitations with the technology we had been using for the Client Portal. We decided that instead of building another feature on top of it, we should instead rebuild the Client Portal first using more flexibility technology, and then build the Online Forms using that. It's a 'get the foundations right first' type decision. Whilst not glamorous, this approach has ongoing, long-term benefits for all our users. The Client Portal has now been rebuilt and released, and the Online Forms function is in final stages of pre-Beta testing. Re SMS: these are middle-range for pricing. We use an enterprise-grade gateway that is very reliable. There are some cheaper, less reliable providers but we will never use them.

• Reviewed on 30/03/2020
Sally C.
Consumer Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 12/07/2019

"Power Diary, my business partner"

Comments: Power Diary is my virtual business partner!
As a sole trader I need a CRM that I can trust, one that gives me the functionality necessary to manage my diary, client communications and financial reporting. PD gives me all this plus insights, trends and the ability to view my business from every angle, and help inform direction and investment.

Pros: Central depositary for all client data
Automated client messages
Financial reporting
Personalisation functionality
Customer service excellence

Cons: Understanding how the data input effects the reporting output. Getting the set up right is worth taking the time from the outset.

by Power Diary on 16/07/2019

Thanks so much for your review. We're very happy you refer to Power Diary as your "business partner"! Do let us know if you need any assistance with getting the reports set up as our team will be happy to help.

• Reviewed on 12/07/2019