15 years helping Israeli businesses

About PayPal

From payments to credit to fraud protection, PayPal Commerce Platform helps you meet your customers where they are.

Learn more about PayPal

Pros:

The ease of use and the ability to seamlessly integrate PayPal across multiple platforms is one of its best highlights.

Cons:

Asking clients to do this is embarrassing and it seriously impedes cash flow. It makes paypal a bad option for firms who only use it sporadically.

PayPal ratings

4.6
4.3
4.6
4.5

8.8/10

PayPal has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 25,069 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used PayPal before?

Filter reviews (25,069)

Igor
Igor
President and Owner in US
Logistics & Supply Chain, Self Employed

Paypalls use

5.0 last month New

Comments: Very satisfied and ive been using it for over 10 yeats.

Pros:

The ease of use and the low to no fees and the speed of the transactions.

Cons:

I haven't had aby negative experience with them.

Fund-Raising, 2–10 Employees

PayPal does the trick

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: It’s been good. Customer who have PayPal are able to pay me quickly.

Pros:

Most services link to paypal so it’s easy to setup and deploy

Cons:

I don’t like having to login to use PayPal.

Kimberly
Kimberly
Owner in US
Hospitality, Self Employed

Villainous and So Secure!

3.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Cool and professional feeling but I'd not likely go back.
I found Google Docs and Sheets and Photos to just run better with a route through Found Bank.
Paypal is not client friendly.

Pros:

I love the ease of invoicing but dislike how the layout sits. They are EXTREME about their safety and security. Literally accepts any payments.

Cons:

Their security was great! The fifty minutes on the phone 2+ times a day didn't help me in the damn least. Automatic payment taken from my account due to charge back. Then the inability for them to respond really upsets me.

Derekjr
Manager in South Africa
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Payments made easy with PayPal

Comments: PayPal provides secure transactions, convenience, and excellent buyer protection, ensuring a satisfying experience for online purchases and transactions.

Pros:

It's widely accepted online and offers buyer and seller protection.

Cons:

PayPal sometimes charges fees for certain transactions and Occasionally freezes accounts

Design, 2–10 Employees

Best Payment Service

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I like Paypal as my best payment method for all international transactions. Working as freelancer or receiving payment from any organization or personal payment I always use Paypal for my all accounts. Easy to create invoice and send payment request through paypal. Receiving payment from anywhere in the world I only use paypal as my payment method. Although there's small difference in the actual conversation rate.

Cons:

The only thing which I like to discuss is the conversation rates, some time the paypal conversation rate is different compare to any other alternative payment method. Otherwise service is best in industry.

Real Estate, Self Employed

Great for Small Business Invoicing

5.0 last week New

Pros:

It's really easy to use PayPal, both as a vendor and as a customer. Everybody knows the brand and considers it trustworthy. It allows me to include my own branding on the invoices I send out and lets me save templates for things I use most frequently.

Cons:

The email that is sent to the payers can sometimes looks like an attempt at phishing, so customers sometimes call to verify to make sure the invoice is actually from me.

Nicky
Independent Stylist in US
Textiles, 2–10 Employees

Easy to use and efficient

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: My experience with PayPal has been nothing short of amazing and simple. I have been able to make a business account as well as personal account and Paypal has always been helpful.

Pros:

PayPal makes it easy to pay for goods and business supplies. It notifies me promptly about all payments made to me, and invoices due to be send .

Cons:

There's not much I do not like about PayPal. I have never had any problems with PayPal.

Diego
patron in France
Wholesale, 2–10 Employees

There is nothing better

5.0 last week New

Comments: Overall it is an excellent application or site to be able to manage your expenses and see your history. In fact, it is used to administer your expenses much more easily than on other services.

Pros:

In truth, the only thing that bothers me is the slowness of 30% of their functionality or service and the difficulty of adding a bank card to the Paypal account.

Cons:

What I like is the ease of use that Paypal offers and especially the fact that it offers lots of features that are just as useful as the others

Marketing & Advertising, 10,000+ Employees

The best international payment gateway

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

1. Multi currency transfer is very quick 2. No tax liability 3. Super safe to use

Cons:

1. A bit expensive however worth of each penny 2. A bit rigid of customisation

Altaf
Altaf
Owner in India
Design, 2–10 Employees

Extremely high charge for international payments

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

The only thing I like about Paypal is it's ease of use.

Cons:

Paypal charge you a lot of fees when it comes to international payments. It charges around 8-9% of the transaction amount. Yup, you heard it right. I would highly recommend looking for an alternative if you want to make international transactions.

Katherine
LPC in US
Mental Health Care, Self Employed

Ease of collecting payments from clients via PayPal for sole practitioner

Comments: Accepting payments from clients was easy. Transferring money from PayPal to my personal accounts was easy. I really enjoyed using PayPal for my business needs for the time that I did, however I was using a paper health records system in conjunction with PayPal, so when I transferred over to an electronic health records system, the EHR included a payment functionality that streamlines with client appointments, notes, etc. I prefer PayPal's operations over the one I'm using now, except for the streamlined and connected functionality of the EHR payment system.

Pros:

The variety of options in what to do with the money held in PayPal after a payment was made. This included an instant transfer to my personal bank account for a reasonable fee, a standard transfer to my bank account for zero fee that would happen in a couple business days, or even just leaving the money in PayPal to be used for other things. My Uber and Lyft accounts were linked to PayPal for payment, as well as Netflix, Spotify, Groupon, and other things. I always knew where my money was, there was no wondering how long it would take to transfer from one account to another.

Cons:

I was unable to accept HSA or FSA cards. I also did not have a physical card reader so my clients were either downloading PayPal in order to pay via transfer to me, or I was creating an invoice where they could then enter in a card number. As a clinician, I didn't like that it felt as though I was asking them to download an app, even though the flexibility was actually there if they chose not to do so. I would have also liked the option to add a 'cash payment completed' option on an outstanding invoice. There was actually very little that I did not like about PayPal however.

ALEX
Branding Consultant in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Paypal is extremely beneficial for my business and my clients prefer the convenient payment system

Comments: Overall I am highly satisfied with Paypal and the encrypted payment method that it provides my clients. I can send them invoices quickly and the email contains a link for them to pay the invoice immediately. They don't even need to have a Paypal account which is also a big plus since some of my clients don't directly have Paypal. They are able to pay for services as guests. Very convenient and very well built software.

Pros:

As a small business it was always difficult for me to accept credit cards from clients who requested to pay their invoices via card. Before using paypal I actually occasionally had to request they send a check which not only wasn't ideal for my client but it wasn't ideal for my business since the check could take a week or longer to arrive and then another 3-7 days to clear. Finally I decided to setup and utilize paypal and I haven't looked back since. Paypal is a trusted vendor that my clients don't have an issue putting in their credit card information. The funds are sent almost instantly and I am able to link my paypal account to my business account. It even provides the preferred shipping address and comments for clients who purchase something that includes a product to be shipped. I highly recommend Paypal and couldn't be happier with their service.

Cons:

There is not a lot to dislike about Paypal. My only complaint would be that the fees paypal charges tend to be slightly higher than other services. But compared against setting up the ability to receive credit cards through a bank, or building out a secure payment method on the website in house it is much more efficient. So even that is relative.

Eduardo
Sales Manager in Mexico
Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

I used to complain about Paypal's high fees until I was the target of fraudsters with Stripe

Comments: Excellent. It's a breeze for sellers to install/setup and configure.

Pros:

Easy to use. A lot of people know it. A lot of people use it. It is everywhere and it is trusted.

Cons:

The fees could be a little lower, but it is NOTHING compared to what you risk and lose with cargeback claims with other payment providers.

Roldan
Roldan
Senior Web Designer | Developer in Philippines
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

PayPal Never Change All These Years - Still Way Too Complicated To Use!

Comments: 50-50. I mean, PayPal is very promising. If not only for there bad UX or bad user experience design. They really need to brush this thing up.

Pros:

- Well, PayPal is an institution when it comes to online Payment System. So, I like it that they are there giving me options when all other options fail.- I was able to use PayPal personally and in business without much issue about security and othe disputes.- I was able to use it with my Website Projects, when clients needs a quick payment integration without much fuss on the buying side of things

Cons:

- PayPal is still way too complicated to integrate with WordPress. There are times that you just need to enter email and password, and it gets integrated. Sometimes, it takes you a day or two to be able to do it.- Still not user friendly. Deskop and Mobile version needs UX Design revamp. The conversion between currencies in your account still confusing. Sometimes you fund appears as US Dollar, sometimes it appears as your native currency. - sandboxing dashboard and account pretty much looks like your active/live account. The only way you notice you are in a sandbox is when you see the domain says "sandbox.paypal.com". In contrast with Stripe, where it sends you a contrasting feedback that says "Testing Account" - you won't be able to miss it out.- Currency Conversion is NOT at par with the current market exchange rate! Sometimes, the exchange is two dollar short.

Mark
CEO in US
Construction Software, 201–500 Employees

when it comes to pay and get paid online ,PayPal is the faster, safer way

Comments: Overall I enjoyed using Paypal and so far I had no problems at all ,I recommend this to my friends because it is the most reliable option when it comes to online money transfers.

Pros:

The ease of use and access.adding crypto currency options.the controlling of the transaction with the ability to view the history with up-to-date information.

Cons:

Paypal app on IOS has some serious problems.People can also be blocked by PayPal without warning, and they can freeze and hold money from that account, which is inconvenient for the user.

Caroline
Caroline
SAP B1 Consultant in Kenya
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Best Online Money Transactions Tool

Comments: Paypal is a great tool for online money transactions. There are other online money transaction options but Paypal is the most reliable.

Pros:

I like Paypal because it is widely used and accepted as a means of payment by most online businesses. I make most of my online purchases using paypal. It's convenient. The transaction fees are also quite reasonable. Paypal is also quite easy to set up an use. The only thing you need to have an account up and running is an email address. The process of sending out money is also very easy since the only information you need from the other party is their email account and in seconds you can have money from your account transferred to theirs. Since Paypal rocords all your transactions, it is easy to monitor your financial transactions and make decisions. Another good thing with Paypal is you can have more than one Paypal account for different uses in your business or personal life. Paypal is also pretty secure. I have never has an a security challenge with Paypal. However, you should always stay safe and never share your password with anyone.

Cons:

A challenge with Paypal is that if you are not careful with your passwords, your account could be hacked and you could lose your money. Another disadvantage of Paypal is that their system has a challenge with accepting digital visa cards. Another disadvantage of Paypal is that the company could limit or ban your account and prevent you from doing certain transactions or accessing your money as a whole. I have had my account disabled and couldn't access my money for about 6 months.

Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Paypal - Payment Solutions for Business

Comments: We use Paypal to process payments from a number of websites and increasingly we use Paypal for client invoicing and payments. This often leads to faster payments than traditional invoicing and BACS processing. If you take occasional credit card payments over the phone, a Paypal business account can be a better option than a typical merchant account from one of the mainstream banks. Paypal has proved very reliable over the years and on the odd occasion when we have had to use customer services the response has been timely and satisfactory.

Pros:

Paypal is now widely recognised as a payment solution - reputation and trust are important when asking customers for payment - especially online. Paypal's key selling point is that users with a Paypal account do not have to enter card details on a website which makes the payment process safer for all concerned. Paypal has a global presence and can accept payments in most countries that you are likely to be dealing with. As a market leader, Paypal has good integrations with 3rd party tools like shopping carts. If a payment processor is going to be supported by a third party, Paypal is likely near the top of the list. Customers can make online payments without having a Paypal account. The virtual terminal feature is also useful for processing payments over the phone or setting up a web page for ad hoc payments. The invoicing feature does a good job of tracking payments and reminders.

Cons:

There can be occasional issues with late chargebacks and the resolution process is very much weighted against the merchant. A Paypal business account works well for online sellers with a certain volume/value of transactions; if you have larger volumes/values, there are other payment processing solutions that may be more cost effective.

Sébastien
Sébastien
Directeur in Mexico
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2–10 Employees

Paypal Is a Robust Solution to Managing Your Money Online and Almost Everywhere

Comments: My current PayPal account is active since 2008 and so I can confidently say that I know I have been able to rely on this service many times over the years. Their customer service kindly helped me once to set back my account to "Personal" after I had been playing with the settings and wanted to know more about their "Business" upgrade. Many times, PayPal has been my best bet in getting paid for remote freelancing gigs, knowing this is a reputable platform and having the ability to confirm the sender's identity. Because one can move money around and connect different accounts to PayPal, this flexibility has been useful a few times when buying online with insufficient funds in the PayPal account. Since it can withdraw automatically from your credit cards if you check that option, this provides a seamless integration with the rest of your digital life that's, again, secure and very useful.

Pros:

PayPal opens the doors to securely managing money online quickly and easily. In many ways, this is a solution that's "set it and forget it" and it works great. For instance, adding a bank account or a credit card is a one-time process and once this is done, receiving and sending money is a breeze. One can even receive money without having first created an account. PayPal, being so omnipresent, is a wonderfully secure option to shop online on any well-known website and to receive money from family, friends or employers. Sharing a link to get paid a specific amount in any desired currency is a simple as using PayPal.Me, a nice additional feature available in the dashboard. This is a software that works equally well for personal and business use and one can upgrade their account without trouble. PayPal makes it easy to manage your money on their website by either using your available balance when buying online and also has options to transfer money from or to your bank accounts, which is a perfect bridge to the digital world. There even exists the possibility to fall back to paying with a credit card online when the PayPal balance is too low without needing to reveal the details of the credit card to the merchant.

Cons:

I love this service, but I did have problems getting to validate mobile phones in foreign countries by not receiving SMS. For this reason, I had to skip the addition of my mobile phone to the account, meaning I cannot use it to recover access to my account if the need arises. I would also add that this is not an ideal service to be transferring money to your bank account on a regular basis as the fees do add up and for some reasons, this is sometimes flagged as a fraudulent behavior when the money is being transferred from one PayPal account to another before making the deposit to the bank account. In my experience, one gets much more benefits in limiting its use to online transactions.

Humberto
Humberto
Freelancer in Venezuela
Internet, 2–10 Employees

PayPal Excellent Method to Receive Payments

Comments: Since I started my freelancer career 4 years ago I used PayPal to receive payments from my clients. I have never had problems receiving payments and everyone accepts this platform to make them. Currently there are many methods that can be much better, these can be cryptocurrencies or other methods such as Uphoald, Payeer or Skrill. However, if you are starting to receive multiple payments PayPal is the best option, since the registration is free, the verification of your account is quite simple and the limitations are practically nil.

Pros:

PayPal is a payment platform that is easy to install and use Your customers are probably already familiar with PayPal You do not need a merchant account You can receive payments from any client. They do not need to have a PayPal account You can create very elegant and personalized payment formats PayPal charges are lower than some merchant accounts You can configure recurring payments (if you need it) PayPal can be easily integrated into any shopping cart system It is a platform that offers secure transactions for both sellers and buyers Payments are fast, safe and convenient You have the possibility to request a refund, after having transferred to another account (2 times I have done it successfully, your response is very fast, timely and efficient)

Cons:

Regarding digital products, they are not covered by seller protection policies The rates for Chargebacks can be very high Although it has not happened to me personally, I know cases of users who have had their account suspended. Your funds have been frozen for months Although it is a platform received in many payment systems, there is a large number of people who refuse to use PayPal. This can be limiting when doing business with these clients Personally, I consider it a limitation that you can not transfer money from PayPal to other systems such as Payoneer, Paytm, Payeer, etc.

Enxhi
Visual Designer in Albania
Design, 51–200 Employees

Easiest way to transfer money and make payments

Comments: Overall I had great experience using the service till I encountered the issue I mentioned in my CONS, at that moment it was a nightmare, I needed to pay for a ticket that accepted only paypal and not my card, and my account got blocked because I couldn't put a payment method from the country I was living because when I initially opened my account, I open it from another country, so I stressed out a lot to figure out I needed to open a new account with another email which would take me some time. So I just asked some friend and borrowed their card to make payments online for a few days.

Pros:

I really liked the new UI when you want to transfer or receive money, it makes it really easy to send/receive the right amount and preview the expenses. I liked that in some countries in Europe I can also transfer money from PayPal to my bank account, although this is not possible in some countries in the Balkan.

Cons:

There are a lot of things I didn't like about PayPal: overall the idea that when I deactivate/remove/delete my account that is linked with an email, I can never use that email again to open another account, and that puts me in a position to create fake emails to just create new accounts. Another thing I didn't like is that if you open your account in a country and you later on go to live in another country, you can't just simply change your payment method, PayPal doesn't allow you to link a payment method that is not from the country you originally open your account. So eventually it will block your account, and after calling their customer service and spending all your money in expensive phone calls to figure out that you need to create a new account with a different email, although you are the same person and usually a person don't have more than 1 or 2 personal emails. So from being quick and easy to setup and use, sometimes, when you need to use different payment methods from different countries, cause maybe you travel for work, it can be frustrating and puts you in a situation where you can't just use it the account quickly to make a payment within the same day.

Varun
Varun
Project Engineer in US
Oil & Energy, 201–500 Employees

Simple and effecient

Comments: I have been a member of paypal for the last 5 years. I have had great experience with them. There are new players in the market like cash app and venmo, but for me personally, Paypal has been very convenient to use. The only place I think they should improve is having better customer service when there is a dispute. Apart from that, I have no issues with Paypal and I highly recommend it to others to use.

Pros:

Here is what I love about paypal: - You can setup an account in a few minutes. All you need is a valid email id and a bank account. - There is no fee for signing up not any monthly fee to maintain an account. - It is used by a large number of merchants both online and in store, all around the world. - You can send money to a friend/family member living in a different country via their feature called 'XOOM". - There website and their pone app is ways to use. - One can link a credit or debit card to their paypal account in seconds. - They have an awesome return shipping policy. If you buy a product online by paying for it via paypal and don't like it, you ca return the product and the return shipping cost (up to $30) will be paid by paypal 12 times in a year! That is hassle free shopping. - Once you link your credit card via paypal and shop online, your credit card details are hidden and you never have to disclose your credit card information online ever again. - They sponsor special discounts for customers that shop with PayPal at selected retailer stores. For instance, you can sometimes buy a gift card of $25 for just $20. That is a $5 saving you get for free.

Cons:

This is where paypal can improve: - Their dispute resolution is not as great as the that of traditional credit card companies. In my years of having an account with paypal, I have had only once instance where I had to file a dispute for a damaged item that I received from China. I was asked to send back the damaged item to the seller without even getting a return shipping label. - I have had friends whose accounts have been frozen for no reason with no prior notice. However, I have personally not had any issues with them so far.

Ahmed
Physician in US
Hospital & Health Care, 501–1,000 Employees

Satisfaction guaranteed

Comments: My overall experience with PayPal has been amazing. It is the only secure program I can trust while ordering medical supplies for me and my team at the hospital, regardless from what website I may need it from online. I’m able to receive transactions from the whole team to be able to pay for something under one transaction which is very helpful to have, to have everyone to pitch in at the same time. Being able to see the history of my usage is always a good way to help me keep tract of when I bought something.

Pros:

PayPal is very easy to use for all ages. It is the most secure program while doing transactions. The security is very high and that relaxes me while using PayPal. If someone logs in from a different place than you normally log on with they raise a flag. Customer services is very helpful when you need them. You are able to shop online without worrying about being scammed regardless of the website. You can receive money from anyone very simply. You are able to even send your money on your account to your linked bank account for free! You can receive money on it without worrying about giving out your personal bank information or any other personal information. It’s very helpful for me in a hospitals to buy the supplies I need online that I can not find around me especially during this pandemic going on currently. It secures your credit card that you use as well. Being able to have your account via smartphone on the PayPal account is very useful.

Cons:

I dislike not being able to use my account internationally. If I am going on a mission hospital trip overseas, would be nice to be able to receive money via transfer on my PayPal account and deposit in my bank account as I am able to do in the US. It takes a lot of time to process things at times , if I am waiting for a payment from someone it normally takes days. If You could do it instantly would be way more convenient for us. Even in the US I am not able to use it anywhere I’m wanting to , I find certain deals a lot cheaper on websites but it does not have a PayPal feature.

Faith
Self employed in US
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

PayPal is a well rounded service

Comments: My overall experience with PayPal as a buyer is pretty positive. And of course as a seller it’s going to be more difficult as you have too build a basis for yourself so you can come across as trust worthy. It seems the app really has a no scammer policy for the most part, and I believe most disputes are opened and handles fairly if not a bit extended and over due. I think that the buyer protection is a very amazing option that not many other concealed cash apps have, and I think the app has very good security for the most part. Overall my experience as a buyer and seller are both positive.

Pros:

Very functional for small business owners, or if you run a shop on Instagram or etsy, even through your own website. You can pay for things instantly, using your thumb print through your phone as affirmation of payment. Instant transfers/wires too your bank account with a very affordable fee. The app is free to download and use, and you the exchange rates between different currency is also very good and the fee is feeble and affordable. The outlines of the app are very too the point and it’s very easy to use after confirming who you are and connecting your bank account, and if you don’t want too connect your bank account you can use your PayPal balance with a PayPal card which is very convenient. It’s very easy to send money all over the place, you can also send money through friends and family which won’t charge you a fee no matter where you send it or you can pay a small fee and have a 180 buyer protection over whatever product you bought, no matter who or where you bought it from. Including open disputes that last for 21 days Until resolved or refunded. Overall a very well rounded app and outlined nicely with a lot more pros than cons.

Cons:

I think that customer service is very poor, even before the covid 19 out break, it takes a little while for them to process disputes. You also have to be careful of people who will scam you, you can not be refunded if you don’t go through goods and services. At least not all the time too my knowledge depending on the case. It’s hard to get in touch with an actual customer service rep, they have an automated system to help answer frequently asked questions or problems you may be having. Which doesn’t answer a few of the more difficult dispute problems that have occurred personally through the past. Also pending transactions are a thing and sometimes your money that has been wired too your pay pal balance may be unavailable too you for 21 days and it’s very hard to open a dispute about that so you can access the money in your account. Pending transactions usually happen when you are a new seller or if you are selling through a website or social media account connected too your pay pal for the first time. It doesn’t help when you have to pay the app your using it throughs, seller fees. And has sometimes made my bank account negative when I needed it. Boosting customer service and paying attention to the minor pending errors and sometimes the app will shut me out in a certain amount of time or not register my thumb print. Minor errors.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51–200 Employees

Best buyer protection! The company is serious!

Comments: I can say using Paypal saved me a lot of money from scammers, thank you Paypal! Once, I saw a product on a website that I really liked very much and it was really cheap! So, I thought a lot about it and I did give it a go since Paypal was one of the payment methods available. What happened next? The item never arrived! I was really angry about it and I decided to open a dispute on Paypal. Paypal asked the seller for the tracking number and of course, the seller couldn't provide one. What Paypal did? They gave me my money back! I was really happy to get the money back! This didn't happen just once! It has happened a few times since I started using Paypal for the first time. Every time this happens, Paypal returns my money! Every time I need to make a purchase I look for Paypal, indeed! Thanks Paypal for letting my purchases safe!

Pros:

Paypal in 2020 is now a famous online financial service that allows you to pay for items 100% secure! Yes, you heard me right. One of the best advantages of this company is "almost" accepted in every shop in the world. You put your card details in your Paypal account and that's it, you're good to go to use Paypal on your favorite shop! With Paypal, you don't have to worry about putting each time of your purchase your card details, Paypal saves your card details securely and saves you a big time! Also, they implemented a nice feature, it's called OneTouch payments! You can activate this feature on your account and each time you make a purchase you just need to ... "Click" one time, and voilá, you bought something! Paypal really cares about you and if you experience a bad purchase, Paypal will definitely help you out retrieving your money back, 100%! Finally, if you're a seller, using Paypal for your business is a good choice. Good fees and you're also protected from bad buyers! In simple words? Paypal is easy to use and secure!!

Cons:

However, Paypal is not perfect. Paypal is free to use, but when you receive money from someone else, it charges you % amount from the total. But hey, it's fair. They need to make money to keep giving us a good quality service!!

diane
president and ceo in US
Management Consulting, 2–10 Employees

Misrepresentation and misinformation and inconvenience

Comments: The experience was horrible. I was on hold for a total of 2.5 hours with no solution. The conversation was redundant and there was no level of sensitivity to the damage that is being done to me with absolutely no options. I just wasn't a human and felt like all they wanted to do was tell me what was in the terms and conditions. I called 20 people and asked if they were aware of this 21 day delay and all but one said no. The one who knew said they Paypal released their 21 day hold in one day when they called.

Pros:

It was not too difficult to set up other than the validating of the bank account

Cons:

The 21 day delay for a customer who has been a member since 2008 is totally ridiculous. I am running in a special election and by the time the funds post my election will almost be over. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] in customer service told me it would be 7 days and now it is 21 days which defeats the purpose. Had I had known this I would have selected another way for donors to contribute. These funds are not tax deductible campaign contributions and are needed to run and finance my campaign. I use PayPal for all my ebay and amazon and other retail purchases. Just baffled that there seems to be no solution to release these funds especially since I was told in this circumstance they would release the funds. Second, the customer service agents were like robots who did not understand my situation and were repetitive and redundant and it was as if I was a number. I am so disappointed and frustrated. Even the donors are frustrated and are saying they have not requested that Paypal withhold these funds and they are not understanding this decision by Paypal. The monies raise to manage the campaign will be of little avail when they release this hold. We are not a charity like a 501c3 but a campaign committee