• Overall
    4.7/5
    4.4/5
    4.4/5

About ConvertKit

Email marketing software for creators that supports conditional content for different types of subscribers.

Learn more about ConvertKit

Eddy S.
Blogger
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 04/02/2020

"Better Aweber Alternative"

Comments: Overall, I have been very happy with Convertkit. I find that they have great deliverability and they are a lot more reasonable in terms of spam complaints.

Pros: The pricing of this email marketing service is a big reason I switched over. I used aweber before and they would charge you additional if you have the same person on two lists. Whereas ConvertKit would only count that same person on two list as one. This saved me tons of money that I was being over charged with aweber.

Cons: I wish some of the automation was a little more robust and easier to use.

• Reviewed on 04/02/2020
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2019

"Powerful email marketing"

Comments: Overall, ConvertKit is a great option for bloggers or small business owners who want to make the most of their email marketing efforts. I've used several providers over the years and ConvertKit is currently my top choice.

Pros: The automation features that involve tagging subscribers and setting up sequences allow for a lot of potential. There are many ways to deliver highly-targeted emails to your subscribers with ConvertKit.

Cons: The starting price of $29 per month is higher than most competitors. As your email list gets bigger and you move into higher-priced plans, ConvertKit's pricing is more on par with competitors, but the starting price is definitely high compared to some of the other options.

• Reviewed on 04/12/2019
Megan H.
  • Reviewed on 08/09/2020

"Simple Email System"

Comments: I use it to manage my 3 different segments and all the lead collection and workflows within those. My list is still pretty small (~1,000) and I'll likely outgrow ConvertKit, but it's been great starting out.

Pros: I like that the sequences are easy to set up and automate. I like the simple rules I can create to trigger automations. The visual workflows could use some improvement, but they're a good start.

Cons: The email builder, even the new one, is adequate but not great. I find it a bit clunky, but it does what needs done.

• Reviewed on 08/09/2020
Leigh S.
Company Director
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/07/2020

"I don't know why people recommend this software - their generous affiliates program perhaps?"

Comments: I have more problems with convertkit than anything else on my website, the source of all my issues have been convertkit!
It's cheap compared to what's out there, but there is a reason for this.
I'm now going to infusionsoft, which im sure, my commitment of their monthly priceplan will speak volumes for how poor conertkit has been.

Pros: It's easy to write emails and develop an email funnel.

Cons: the implimentation is dire, it's like a beta release all the time.
the forms aren't as responsive as they so claim, things look good on their page and then on preview, but when published, you really have to tinker with them to make them work.
Their worpdress plugin was prompting 'malware' warnings on my site with Avast, the first time I had to contact their help desk, and they were more concerned about removing me from their daily tasks lists than dealing with the problem.
this eventually cleared up, I assume it may have been in Avast's hands, but this problem lasted two weeks in convertkits hands. I then had a list of 5 questions, I recieved a response for one of them by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who I then didn;t reply in a timely manner for (although he contacted me 3 days after my problems were raised!)
He then got pushy in the emails for me to deal with the problem immediate - which I couldn't do!! I was available to add things to my website 3 days before his response and had other work commitments to deal with, having just now got back to the website, 5 days after my initial problems, he decided to close the ticket to and I quote 'remove them off his daily tasks lists'
I've now raised these exact same questions again to convertkit to seek help, hopefully I won't get an automated response and have to wait another 3 days for a reply to when im busy and told they'll close the ticket again to make themselves look good.
Their customer service is diabolical and their software is sub par.

• Reviewed on 18/07/2020
Josey S.
Hospitality, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 21/07/2020

"Great way to automate"

Pros: Convert kit is a great next step for those looking to take email marketing serious. It is easy to step up and manage and offers excellent education and help center tips.

Cons: While it is an upgrade it isn’t as advance as other more robust email marketing systems. Think of it as the middle step.

• Reviewed on 21/07/2020
Alexa R.
Conversion Copywriter
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2019

"My go-to for email list management and content marketing"

Comments: I refer all of my clients to ConvertKit if I can get to them before they are locked into mailchimp. It's a bit spendier for small lists, but the functionality is SO worth it. The tags, sequences etc allow even rookie marketers to set up smart funnels & sequences. I love this product.

Pros: So user-friendly and agile. It's powerful without being hard to use. I try to get all my clients on ConvertKit if they can afford to. The automations, tags, and sequences allow you to be so agile with your email marketing and retarget and build smart marketing funnels with very little effort. It is made for content marketers. I adore this platform.

Cons: A little bit expensive for smaller lists, hard to compete with free services for small companies. Learning to build sequences and automations takes a little bit of time.

• Reviewed on 18/12/2019
Copywriter
  • Reviewed on 10/01/2020

"Easily my preferred email management software (if it was cheaper)"

Pros: I LOVE the visual automations. It makes it far easier to set up and explain how they work to clients.
The sequences are so easy to update and I love how all the emails are viewable on the same page.

Cons: Having to code email templates.
I recently switched to a cheaper provider because, as I'm not earning much from my blog right now, I couldn't justify paying $39US per month.

• Reviewed on 10/01/2020
Amber R.
Blogger
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 26/02/2020

"Smooth and easy to use"

Comments: Overall I had a wonderful experience using ConvertKit, it was just too expensive for my small operation.

Pros: I love how intuitive and easy to use ConvertKit is. There is almost no learning curve, it's very easy to understand. I was able to create an email course in half the time it took on another service.

Cons: I decided to end my account with ConvertKit because it was too expensive and complicated for my simple needs. I wish that they had a more affordable option with simpler features.

• Reviewed on 26/02/2020
Craig R.
Nonprofit Organization Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2019

"An exceptional email marketing platform!"

Comments: In the short time I have been using converkit I have already seen growth in my mailing list. I have also found that the ease of creating automations has helped save me time!

Pros: Convertkit has incredible customer service, a unique easy to understand interface (the visual builder) and is very good value for money!

Cons: During my short time or using the product I have yet to find a negative element.

• Reviewed on 23/07/2019
Brandon J.
  • Reviewed on 27/07/2020

"E-mail Marketing Made Simple"

Pros: ConvertKit helps focus on conversions -- it's right there in the name. But I love how simply everything is laid out. How easy it is to set up complex, multi-step automations, and the hordes of integrations it carries. Works with everything in my Tech Stack, and that's saying a lot.

Cons: Honestly, I can't think of anything. I love using ConvertKit.

• Reviewed on 27/07/2020
Mia B.
Online Media, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 08/02/2019

"Convertkit is my email service provider. Here's why..."

Pros: Like most brand new online entrepreneurs I started off with Mailchimp which is free. As I grew my list and my marketing techniques I needed something more robust with more options to segment out my list (not really done with the free platforms). I now have so many sequences and segments that are completely automated and my list has been actively growing. ConvertKit is "customer-based" instead of "list-based" meaning that I can send emails out to specific people who have taken specific actions rather than emailing an entire list of people reglardless of their actions and losing subscribers by sending irrelevant emails to the wrong people. Each subscriber is tagged based on a link they clicked, a form they subscribed through (freebie), a purchase they made from me, and SO much more. I even have tags set up when I'm running a webinar to see who watched the whole thing, who didn't show up at all, and who watched the replay. There are just so many options.

Cons: This is not an intuitive software initially- especially if you're coming from a list-based provider like Mailchimp. There will be mistakes and there will be a learning curve. But that comes along with running a business. Luckily, the chat and email customer service is generally pretty active and helpful. I've used them a lot.

• Reviewed on 08/02/2019
Home Inspector
Real Estate, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 19/04/2019

"Great Option for the Solopreneur"

Comments: I use this service for a relatively small email list I just started, and it works really well for the price. I use the optin forms and email sequences to gain more email subscribers on a regular basis. I also love that I can create really simple and easy to design automation flows between opt-ins and my general email newsletter. This is something I use on a daily basis.

Pros: I recently switched over to ConvertKit from another service after reading positive reviews. I like their format for sending emails to subscribers so much more than any other platform I've used. The emails are really modern looking and simple, so they're appealing to my audience when I send them. I also like that I can simply reuse my last email and make changes to just the content. It makes sending a weekly email really simple. Another huge benefit to me is that I can segment my subscribers into different groups that allows me to send targeted emails in a more efficient fashion. I also track users who have purchased a product so I don't send them emails about the product they've bought. This software is an all in one, which I really like. Meaning, I am able to create an optin form, email sequence and product download all in one with this software. I love that it keeps everything really organized in this fashion.

Cons: Some of the ways to organize subscribers are a little confusing to a newbie. You can sort them into segments as well as mark users with tags. I wish it were more clear what each one did at first glance. I also wish there were more options to design the optin forms. They are pretty basic and there isn't a lot of room for creativity, but they are still functional.

• Reviewed on 19/04/2019
Stephanie D.
Holistic Health and Wellness Coach
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 07/09/2018

"Life Saver"

Comments: Due to the ease of ConvertKit I email way more. I am not getting fancy yet with sequences, but in a matter of using it only for 2 weeks, the way the software is set up, I am begging to formulate big picture sequences, strategize campaigns and IN TRUTH, I was never able to look at my health coaching service and online webinars like this because my background is education. As a educator we don't think like this because our students just come to us, the stress of "getting clients" was so large and overwhelming until I found something like convert kit to make me BE more present and visible online. I AM SO GRATEFUL!

Pros: As a person with little to no tech background, truth, I was quite intimidated by this software. HOWEVER, what I love about it, is its dedication to quick videos that give you instant feedback and education to navigate and understand what you are doing. There are tutorials everywhere, in truth you never feel lost or alone or not supported. It is more about (as a new entrepreneur) it is more abut catching up with the scope of what you want to do with it. I initially used it to organize and gather emails and do live broadcast, but together with Leadpages these two have been my go to towards launching my first webinar only using emails in my direct network and slotting 8 out of 10 seats for my webinar. I really was lost in terms of how to manage all these emails and in truth they manage themselves. I What I love the most is how it auto tags/sorts the emails so I can see who responds to what funnel and make me a better and more strategic entrepreneur.

Cons: Nothing yet, I am more impatient with myself because I wish I could understand its full scope fast.

• Reviewed on 07/09/2018
Brian K.
Online marketer
  • Reviewed on 01/07/2018

"ConvertKit had helped me greatly to streamline and simplify my email marketing processes."

Comments: Time saver and great use of use.

Pros: Ease of use and easy UI/UX experience in using the software. The user interfaces are way better than other email marketing software on the market. It has enough basic features and a few powerful features such as tagging certain opt-in groups of users for niche marketing purposes, which I find it very useful. There are less clutter when it comes to feature layout on the interfaces, so one can focus better on using key or common key features. A nifty feature which I liked most is the Visual Automations, that Convertkit had come up with. It's a graphical way to set automation. It uses three types of items: Actions, Events, and Conditions. It's all visual and one can easily define these items. Moreover, ConvertKit has just introduced new features into its software such as enabling one to create custom consent checkboxes, find your EU subscribers and get consent from existing subscribers. Also, four new legal forms and support processes were introduced as tools to help one get one's own business compliant with GDPR.

Cons: Personally, I would like more visual stuff or graphical interfaces that I can interact with such as drag and drop functions. At this point of this review, ConvertKit had plans to revamp the software to become more powerful and there is a new branding makeover for ConvertKit. For the monthly price for the 1st 1000 subscribers for new customers, I do find the price is expensive. But one has the option to go for yearly subscription in order to get bulk discounts in the long run. Thus, one has to consider different pricing options that ConvertKit offers before committing to a paid account. One can try out a free one month trial via its free webinars though.

• Reviewed on 01/07/2018
Chief Marketing Officer
Consumer Goods, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/01/2019

"ConvertKit = Powerful Features I Need + Simplicity I Love."

Pros: Many bloggers are overwhelmed by the technical aspects of setting up a successful email newsletter strategy. Yup, there are a variety of email platforms out there and I have managed large lists on many of them. For my Email on Autopilot system, I strongly recommend ConvertKit. I can tell you from a lot of firsthand experience that “putting your email on autopilot” is WAY easier with ConvertKit than anything else I’ve tried. ConvertKit was specifically built with bloggers and small businesses in mind, unlike other platforms that either don’t have the right tools or complicate things waaaayyy too much. I recommend ConvertKit because it has the perfect combination of the powerful features that I need and the simplicity-of-use that I love.

Cons: I wish I had a little more flexibility in creating RSS-driven emails.

• Reviewed on 17/01/2019
Kate M.
Digital Consultant
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2019

"Best Email Marketing Automation for Small Business"

Comments: I've saved a lot of time just in making any edits to my nurturing sequences because it's easier to find them.

Pros: You can view your automations visually, so this functionality makes it much easier than competitors such as MailChimp because you can easily set up, view, and come back to your automations.

Cons: The 'done for you' merge from your old email marketing system to your new one isn't as easy as they make it seem. I've been working with email automation tools for years, and I was tripped up because the import take different lists and combines them into one. It's much easier to export your lists and tags, and upload each separately.

• Reviewed on 19/11/2019
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/02/2020

"Great option for growing companies"

Pros: I like the flexibility and everything you can do with tagging and creating funnels. It is very affordable for growing businesses that are looking to scale.

Cons: It was complicated to set up on my own. I had to hire someone to help me. There are areas that don't autosave and I have lost content as a result.

• Reviewed on 10/02/2020
Sanna S.
Founding Partner
Law Practice, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2018

"Love love love!!"

Comments: Super easy to use!

Pros: I've been using Convertkit for a few years now and just couldn't be happier!! The software is highly flexible to automate my email delivery to a level that makes my new client intake so easy and effortless. Readers still believe I am writing to them personally... ;-) Some think it's spooky how "I just read their minds"... heh...

Cons: The only thing that could be improved but which would be nice to fix is that if I title the email Dear "subscriber", the email itself shows the subscriber's first name but the preview option of the email shows <subscriber's first name>... Kind a looses credibility in these cases. But I came round this problem by not addressing readers by their first name...

• Reviewed on 19/12/2018
Sabih J.
  • Reviewed on 25/10/2018

"Perfect email marketing tool for beginners"

Comments: ConvertKit is perfect for small businesses, bloggers, and affiliate marketers. You can do pretty much anything with ConvertKit in terms of email automation, list building, and more. If you can afford it, go for it.

Pros: I used ConvertKit for less than a year and the experience had been awesome. I switched to ConvertKit from MailChimp. Though ConvertKit isn't as feature-rich as MailChimp but it is a perfect email automation software for anyone who is looking to take control of the email marketing. There are quite a few things that I liked about ConvertKit. 1. Extremely easy-to-use. Compared to other email marketing tools that I have used, ConvertKit is one of the easiest to use.
2. If you haven't worked with email, autoresponders, campaigns, rules, etc. ConvertKit is your best bet because it offers you with every feature that you need as a beginner.
3. You can integrate ConvertKit with several third-party tools which is great.
4. It offers you with smart ways to monetize your list.

Cons: Here are a few things that ConvertKit lacks. 1. It is expensive as compared to most of the other marketing tools in the market.
2. Their form needs more work. It is too basic with limited features.
3. Lack of landing page builder is another downside. You will need a separate landing page builder tool that will cost you money.

• Reviewed on 25/10/2018
Tyneisha S.
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 23/06/2020

"Great Automation Email Software, But Expensive"

Comments: I've been able to monetize my email list with ConvertKit and that's helped to aid in my growth.

Pros: I needed an easy to use email software that could provide automation so I signed up for ConvertKit and have been very impressed so far. My favorite thing is the layout and organization structure that allows me to compartmentalize my lists.

Cons: Even though it is very feature rich, I do find the basic plan to still be somewhat too expensive. Maybe if I had a larger list I could better justify the price.

• Reviewed on 23/06/2020
Judyann L.
Online Media, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 27/07/2019

"A service that can grow with my business"

Comments: ConvertKit has excellent support and guidance. It is interesting to receive regular emails from them with suggestions, recommendations and guidance for building my email business successfully. There are workshops for the same purposes. There is a two week trial. People wanting to test the program should be prepared with a plan and some content before signing up. It is amazing how fast two weeks can go. I did a two week trial, but didn't sign up right away. The second go-round, I was committed and followed through. I felt there were more features available to me after commitment even though I had two weeks for trial again. My feeling after the first trial was not really enthusiastic

Pros: ConvertKit came highly recommended from people whom I respect, including the people at Copyblogger. The forms are simple, but attractive.

Cons: There is a small learning curve that feels a lot longer!

• Reviewed on 27/07/2019
Allison B.
Content Marketing Consultant
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 02/01/2019

"Decent Email Subscription Manager, But Not Right for Everyone"

Comments: ConvertKit is easy to use, and I appreciate the fast customer service response. Ultimately, however, most people would be better off using a cheaper, more minimalistic tool or a more expensive all-in-one CRM/email tool. ConvertKit is great for a very select audience, who find themselves in the middle.

Pros: ConvertKit has a lot of functionality for the price tag in terms of automation. It is kind of a step between free, minimalist tools like MailChimp and really robust tools like Ontraport.

Cons: I struggle with the pricing. Simply put, most people who want to automate their email campaigns will likely get more value from a tool like Ontraport or Infusionsoft, which also integrate with payment systems and have more CRM functionality. Other smaller businesses and bloggers are typically better served by less expensive tools such as Mailchimp, which don't have all the bells and whistles of ConvertKit, but which get the job done. So, although I do think it is a good value for the price... I'm not sure who actually NEEDS this mid-point tool.

• Reviewed on 02/01/2019
Business Owner
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/10/2018

"Liked it from the start, pricing could be restructured"

Comments: I moved to ConverKit from aWeber and I also tested a few others. ConverKit wins, mostly because of good user experience solutions.

Pros: Convertkit is easy to use and has the features other autoresponders lacked or failed to implement them properly. You can tag subscribers here and send emails based on different conditions which will automatically apply. The other great benefit is that you don't pay for subscribers/emails that stopped opening emails and basically are "ghosts", and you don't pay for those that are unsubscribed but remained in database. Third good thing is that they are constantly working on implementing small new things or improving the tool by adding features, while competition does not change much in their solutions.

Cons: I would like the pricing to be structured differently. Just a 10% lower would make big difference when comparing to competition. Then it would be 'more for the same price'. They offer discounted yearly subscription so that's something. If your list doesn't earn you much it won't pay for costly membership.

• Reviewed on 02/10/2018
Candace C.
Health Coach
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 13/07/2019

"My favorite email software"

Comments: I use Convertkit to create forms to capture emails, email my list, and automate sequences in my business. I love that convertkit integrates with so many other tools for my business, such as leadpages and acuity.

Pros: Convertkit is so powerful that I am still learning its capabilities three years later. I can easily manage and grow my email list, and segmenting my audience makes it easier to send the right emails to the right people.

Cons: There can be a steep learning curve. However, help is somewhat useful.

• Reviewed on 13/07/2019
  • Reviewed on 05/06/2018

"Great features at a great price"

Comments: Convertkit compiles all my email addresses for various interests. I don't know how I'd do this without an email service provider software. It helps me organize my email lists so I don't email out information to the wrong people/list.

Pros: Pricing is key with email service providers. I like how convertkit charges based on the number of subscribers you have. Also, they have the ability to get very granular and automated with your marketing campaigns using tags, forms, sequences, and automation.

Cons: Most email service provider software takes a while to learn. Learning how use convertkit took me longer than I'd like to admit, and I'm still learning how I can use it for my needs. They have training and there are consultants available, I just wish it would be a little easier to learn.

• Reviewed on 05/06/2018