15 years helping Israeli businesses

McGraw-Hill Connect Reviews

About McGraw-Hill Connect

Connect is a course management and adaptive learning solution that enhances your unique voice and teaching style.

Learn more about McGraw-Hill Connect

Pros:

It's functionality and ease of use, especially with a hard-to-teach subject like statistics. It really transforms teaching a quantitative subject, in particular statistics.

Cons:

It can be difficult to navigate through the tabs at time.

McGraw-Hill Connect ratings

3.9
3.7
4.0
3.6

6.9/10

McGraw-Hill Connect has an overall rating of 4.0 out 5 stars based on 171 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used McGraw-Hill Connect before?

Jonathan
Jonathan
Medical Student in Grenada
Higher Education Software, 51–200 Employees

Fantastic resource with a lot of hidden gems.

Pros:

Overall, it is a highly valuable resource for both students and instructors alike. It allows users to have remote access to the text that is used in the classroom if they are not able to access a copy of the textbook. There are also multimedia resources and quizzes available for some texts/resources. I loved using this in some of my university courses.

Cons:

It can be a little challenging to navigate as a new user. I also think that a lot of instructors are unaware of the full resources that are available to their students. Some of the resources can seem a little “hidden” at first but once you’ve used it a couple of times you can unlock its full potential.

Professor Sarah
Medical Office Administration Program Director/Faculty/Instructor in US
Medical Practice, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Want the best Medical Office - Billing and Coding software - for College students? Look no further..

Comments: I am moving as many courses and resource materials to MMGH so I can use Connect in as many classes as possible. I believe all my SP21 courses are set up with MMGH and will be using Connect. They also have a medical office simulation (game) that students can mimic the exact duties and responsibilities they will be doing in the Medical Office in this software and can get grading information on their work and progress. :)

Pros:

Textbook, Assignments from the textbook, Workbook, Workbook assignments from the workbook are in this software. No need to purchase a printed book and wait to get it. Everything coincides with the text and/or workbook you use from McGraw-Hill. All Instructor resources are right at hand. I can add, change, delete, hide, upload, download almost anything out of or in to Connect.

Cons:

Getting started process for Instructors. Getting the students, especially the ones that are new to the Medical Office environment, up and running in the first class time. Did not work the first two semesters I used Connect but since then is not so bad. Just big learning curve already and then add having to try and help the students get started was overwhelming.

Higher Education Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Opinion of Language Course Preptor

Pros:

Compared to its competitors Connect is falling by the way side. While some of the features are easy, like grading, the cons definitely out weigh the pros.

Cons:

I have been using McGraw-Hill Connect for six years now in an administrative role, where I create master sites then share them to other teachers and myself. Then as a teacher role, where I assess student learning, create assessments, assign work, and provide feedback. So, as a platform, Connect is OK. A few years ago, its interface was more appealing that many of its competitors, but in the past couple of years, the competitors have really stepped up to make the language learning experience online a more collaborative experience, while Connect has stuck to the bare bones exercises that lack innovation, collaboration, and do not provide a fun experience that would help the students study for intrinsic reasons. Additionally, building the sites every three years when new textbook editions are released is a tedious affair. Moreover, the customer service for students is time consuming that hardly ever produces results.

Garlasco
Digital Marketer in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Employees

Creative Approach for Learning

Comments: McGraw-Hill has a constant assistance in making the reliable training to business subscribers.

Pros:

McGraw-Hill helps in managing all the learning, which increases the skills for users.

Cons:

McGraw-Hill has a diverse training option, and this faces no challenges.

Hannah
Teacher in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Good, but not great

Comments: I like this software a lot. My class uses it 2-3 times a week. There was recently a hiccup that wiped out all of my previous plans, so I'm having to sort through ALL the things again. It's really a pain. They make it easy for kids to log-in via a computer or tablet browser using "simplified log-in". It would be better if they could also use the app with simplified log-in, but as it stands, it's either app w/ complicated log in, or tablet browser with easy log-in. I hear the app is buggy, but I don't really use that because it's easier for first graders to use simplified log-in.

Pros:

I love the options & diversity of materials included in this software - games, review, lessons, etc. I love that parents/students can access these at home and use them as review.

Cons:

Deleting things on your planner is the biggest pain - it's all right click here and confirm there. I love all the materials, but there's got to be an easier way to get rid of lessons/activities that you don't want. Also, I really dislike that so many of the activities have almost the same name, even if they're different activities.

Jason
Jason
Real Estate Sales Associate in US
Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

McGraw-Hill Connect - One of the Better LMS Integrations

Comments: MH-Connect, by far, provides the best customer service from my experience.

Pros:

McGraw-Hill Connect (or MHConnect) provides one of the best LTI integrations with Canvas, our institution's LMS. The MHConnect interfaces allows you to create assignments, quizzes, and exams and then sync them with Canvas. When students participate in these activities, they do so through the MHConnect interface, and then their scores are passed back to the Canvas grade book. We have multiple publisher integrations in our instance of Canvas. McGraw-Hill Connect continuously provides the most stable connection with little need for support. But when we do need support, we're able to resolve things very quickly with an actual person over the phone.

Cons:

The interface for MHConnect could use a major refresh that includes enhancing the intuitiveness of performing key functions. For example, after creating assignments, quizzes, and exams, it's not immediately apparent that the instructor needs to then deploy those items to Canvas. It's frequently assumed that because their Canvas course is already linked to their MHConnect course, anything created will be automatically synced with Canvas. Also, changing certain settings for a course in MHConnect needs to be better communicated to the instructor.

Anthony
Accounting Software, Self Employed

Test Bank Nightmare

Comments: It's made me consider my preference between it and the other side of a 12 gauge slug.

Pros:

I dislike McGraw-Hill connect very much. It tests on reading comprehension and endurance more so than actual content.

Cons:

The smart book assignments have a limited amount of concepts covered. Instead of application of class concepts, it is more a test of reading comprehension, and attention span. I do not feel that these need to be a long, and could stand to be more varied. It would be appreciated if the concepts matched up to the quizzes. The homework is much less busy, and multiple attempts have helped me consolidate the correct way to approach certain problems. Again, it suffers from narrow focus on conceptual spread when compared with quizzes.

Randy
Banking, Self Employed

Poor Design

Comments: This is a poor experience, and I find it very distracting from learning.

Pros:

Having the entire textbook, and searching available online.

Cons:

Very clunky interface. In the first few weeks, I've found that: the Smart Book assignments force students to interact with INCORRECT answers to uncheck them. Not only does this increase the rate of error, but if students answer them like every other test, they will get all the 'incorrect' ones wrong, because they don't select them. The software also (for accounting) presents cumulative problems that build on eachother. However, when you complete one problem, the software fails to show your answers that help you solve the next problem. So the student either has to screenshot the previous problem or go back and forth. This is true for multiple problem sets.

Savannah
Helpdesk in US
E-Learning, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Resourceful

Pros:

Great sources for more student interactions

Cons:

So many options to choose from overwhelming at times

Joseph
Joseph
Educator in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Good Textbook for Survey Course

Comments: Good experience overall. Customer service very helpful when needed.

Pros:

Its a textbook, so it will only serve so many purposes in the modern classroom. The map resources are really helpful and the lesson topics are diverse and interesting. Assessments and projects lack depth, but a strong teacher should be able to implement textbook where necessary.

Cons:

As noted, project ideas and assessments are weak. There are some decent ideas for project based learning, but the educator will have to modify for specific needs. Good

Higher Education Software, 201–500 Employees

McGraw-Hill Connect - Enhancing the Learning Experience

Comments: My overall experience with McGraw-Hill Connect has been positive. I no longer have to input grades in two different places.

Pros:

One of the standout features of McGraw-Hill Connect is its ability to provide a wide range of course materials in the platform.

Cons:

Some aspects of the product can be challenging to use initially. The interface may require some getting use to when link to the lms.

Education Management, 10,000+ Employees

Extra Practice for students

Comments: Student performance has gone up because they are able to access material and resources while not in the classroom. McGraw-Hill has a plethora of resources available for teachers and students for every subject offered.

Pros:

Teachers are able to customize quizzes and assignments to fit what is needed for their particular group of students and class. Students have study tools and interactive modules to help understand material more fluently. Teachers can view reports so they can alter their teaching style and approach.

Cons:

McGraw-Hill could use some updating to the appearance of the interface. It looks like it hasn't been changed. There is difficulty with connecting it as a third-party application. There is not a clear or simple way for students to communicate with their professor within McGraw-Hill. There needs to be better and more accessible versions such as for mobile devices to encourage use-on-the-go.

Education Management, Self Employed

Next generation of textbook-higher education integration; whether you like it or not

Comments: It's the future of higher education. It's only going to get better. The question is whether the price will be worth it for what is essentially supplemental features.

Pros:

Using the McGraw-Hill Connect with an online biochemistry course, I could see that the company took a lot of effort to pack innovative features to not only supplement the paper textbook but to advance what publishers can do for higher education. These advancements include dynamic quizzes, bookmark syncing, supplemental animations for individual topics/chapters, etc. It's really jam-packed with resources that are organized in an intuitive way. It's also a web-based platform. I didn't have any trouble accessing Connect through a PC or Mac which was nice. Customer service replied quickly and intelligently to any issues I had regarding subscription periods and key redemptions.

Cons:

The cost. I understand a considerable amount of investment is needed to curate and manage these online resources. But as schools are moving toward open source content in response to student backlash against rising textbook prices, it makes it more difficult to swallow an online subscription that will be gone compared to a physical textbook that can be resold. Granted - having the online component is much more convenient and an effective learning tool. But the price needs to come down.

Hannah
Clerical Assistant in US
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Decent tool for class assignments/management

Comments: McGraw-Hill Connect is very good for business classes and classes that use numerical data, but not so much for foreign language classes.

Pros:

I used this when I was taking business classes. The format of how the homework questions are laid out in most classes is easy to follow. I also love how you can get hints or you can click the "book" link and it will take you right to the section of the book that the question pertains to.

Cons:

The language courses on Connect are not very well-formatted. They will not give you any points if you make a typo which doesn't seem like a very good system. Also, it costs a lot of money, at $110+ per course (which lasts about 4-6 months).

Dawn
teacher in US
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

MyMath

Comments: I have used the MyMath program for close to ten years. I would like to see more review embedded. I do not like the way they have multiplication in 3rd grade crammed into 4-5 chapters and not really spread out as it needs to be for mastery.

Pros:

I like that students and I both have digital access to the text. In addition we have access to games and homework sheets.

Cons:

The assessment software is very cumbersome. It is not user friendly. I have tried on several occasions to create test and it is not worth the time I put into it. It has potential to be powerful, but just not well executed.

anitha
postdoc in US
Higher Education Software, 10,000+ Employees

McGraw-Hill for online teaching

Comments: so far I had good experience, highly recommend for online homework and quizzes especially if you are teaching a larger classes.

Pros:

I like their presentations and assignments, it is very easy to design a quiz and exams using this software. Straight forward to use, it is very helpful to my students and their performance in exams have improved after using McCraw-Hill

Cons:

software is definitely helpful for students, however the price is little expensive, students often complain about it.

Andrea
student in US
E-Learning, 10,000+ Employees

The worst software I have ever attempted to use

Comments: The worst experience with online learning I have ever been forced to endure. This product fails at every level - especially when held up to other main stream options. Horrible, Terrible, No GOOD- Worst product

Pros:

I am in my 6th semester of online learning. I have used everything under the sun. This is the worst platform in terms of functionality, accessibility, cost, ease of navigation, speed and buffering, seriously you name it...literally every relevant aspect of the user experience- are ALLL SUBPAR.

Cons:

I didn't like a single thing about it. It was horrible, I cringe at the thought of giving you scum bags my money. You are not worth my time or effort-

Gabrielle
Administrative Support Assistant in US

Connect

Comments: Overall, I like it. It can be a bit expensive, but no more so than a textbook, and it can be used for more than one course (if they use the same textbook).

Pros:

I love using connect for my classes. The Smartbook feature gives a great introduction to the chapter, and the software allows for a seamless transition between the book and the assignment.

Cons:

Sometimes, if the settings aren't exactly right, the professors have trouble understanding what the students can and can't see on their end, so there is a bit of a disconnect there.

Kimberly
teacher in US
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

Teacher Directed Reading Tool

Comments: McGraw-Hill Connect has been great to use in my classroom.

Pros:

I have been using this software for around 8 years. I absolutely love it! I have used it in 3rd, 4th and 1st grades. It has enhanced my TDR lessons greatly. The vocabulary games, stories and poems really get my students engaged in the lesson.

Cons:

I cannot think of any cons at this time.

Stacey
First Grade Teacher in US
Education Management, 501–1,000 Employees

McGraw-Hill Connect

Comments: My students enjoyed the learning experience using this program. This program is full of interactive lessons that cover all objectives and make learning so much fun.

Pros:

I have loved using this program. My students really enjoy working on our objectives and lessons using this program.

Cons:

I truly enjoyed every aspect of this program. I have no cons.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 501–1,000 Employees

Excellent for Students

Comments: Used this software for 6 years during University Studies, and enjoyed the support it provided to be a successful student.

Pros:

This software is an excellent tool for online college students.

Cons:

Getting use to all the functions took a little time, but with a little use, it was easy to follow.

Aaron
Teacher in US
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Perfect for Distance Learning!

Comments: Once students are in the system, it's really helpful for making content delivery varied from textbook to online.

Pros:

I like the most that the software will read the lesson out loud to the student while the student follows along. That is really helpful for struggling readers! Also, being able to assign online content directly into Google Classroom is really helpful!

Cons:

It is very complicated to add and move students and then also as to where they log in. It's really frustrating.

Val
Professor in US
Education Management, 501–1,000 Employees

Connect

Comments: The benefits are syncing student assignment scores to D2L as well as seeing how much time a student spends on each assignment and students receive immediate feedback on their results.

Pros:

That is sync's the assignment grades in Connect to your school's learning management system such as D2L.

Cons:

Nothing is missing or difficulty to use. It works well with our learning management system (D2L) and was easily adopted.

Good for Homework and Extra Work

Comments: Good for practice but would be hesitant to use for graded material because of the user error issues.

Pros:

I use this feature to assign homework or extra practice work to my students. It works for most units and topics.

Cons:

Some units/topics are difficult when working with McGraw Hill Connect where answers are marked incorrectly or students have difficulty submitting answers in general.

aly

McGraw Connect student textbook functionality

Comments: McGraw-Hill Connect is good for textbooks but with a few tweaks the viewing experience would be great.

Pros:

The book directory is very good and points you the right way to find the portions you need. Registration is easy and fast.

Cons:

The book functionality isn't the best. The zoom feature is no good and navigating exercises is not easy or simple.