15 years helping Israeli businesses

About VNC Connect

RealVNC Connect is the secure remote access and support solution, trusted by leading organizations worldwide.

Learn more about VNC Connect

Pros:

It's easy to use for remote help with my business associates anywhere in the world.

Cons:

There is no options just to buy remote access licence permanently which i find anoying.

VNC Connect ratings

4.5
4.2
4.4
4.4

8.3/10

VNC Connect has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 145 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used VNC Connect before?

Rodrigo
Rodrigo
Owner/Developer in Brazil
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Great tool for intranet

Comments: We stopped actively using Real VNC for years, due to cloud limitations, but about 1-2 year ago we started using it again from the Raspberry PI and some Virtual Mac OS services. For use on the intranet it remains as good as ever: you access the remote computer, manipulate data, screens and functions, quick and easy, which makes it unnecessary to have a monitor connected to the development boards. I currently use TeamViewer, but since I found RealVNC's cloud plans I am seriously considering switching to RealVNC cloud for the next renewal, next year.

Pros:

The diversity of VNC servers, the fact that it comes integrated in equipment or operating systems, for example Raspberry PI OS. The fact that you can do many things virtually without spending, or spending zero, depending on what you want to do. The fact that you have a serious business-level tool for when you need it. This brings flexibility in use.

Cons:

In general, VNC is not transparent to the firewall, requiring port release and NAT route configuration. In Real VNC you have the option of a cloud plan, which circumvents this limitation, but it is still a little expensive for a micro company with eventual use.

Graham
Analyst in Canada
Government Administration, 201–500 Employees

VNC Connect - Gets you connected to the people that need connecting!

Comments: Fantastic! from sales, to implementation to support, excellent experience!

Pros:

Easy of use, footprint of program, permission tool to control access. Support is out of this world!

Cons:

Cost has increased considerably over the last few years.

Gatuko
Accounting Manager in US
Consumer Services, 51–200 Employees

Remote Access and Support Management Made Easy

Pros:

With VNC Connect, screen sharing and file sharing is easy Comes with amazing capabilities for remote support and access and it is highly secure

Cons:

Not many issues with VNC Connect. Has always been very helpful.

Julian
Julian
Senior System Engineer in Italy
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Neither good or bad. Just superseeded by competitors.

Comments: I didn't use the latest versions as I switched to one of its competitors long time ago, but from time to time I try to see what comes up. Although one thing I definitely miss is the possibility to connect to your workstation ( or other workstations )wherever you are, without the need to customize your firewall or block/unlock some stuff around. This is definitely something this software would need to improve.

Pros:

If you need a software to remotely control your workstation or servers, this fullfil the purpose quite fine. If you use it internally in a corporation and you do not have any firewall rule that blocks you, this works quite immediately.

Cons:

This software lacks the possibility to have an account where you tie all your workstations you want to access. Say you use it in a family and you want to connect to your parents PC, or your brother and sister's one. Well, this makes it complicated as you would need to store this somewhere else. This could be definitely something to be improved.

Michelangelo
Michelangelo
Freelance in Italy
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

It works well but is not suitable for those who are not a PC genius

Comments: A software created on business needs without looking, even by mistake, at the UI or UX, at the precautions to make this software understandable, as everyone else has done: from Teamviewer to Ultraviewer to Anydesk. Removed this works really well.

Pros:

Once set it is a bomb, it allows you to connect to your PC in a moment and for free from dozens of different devices. In terms of functionality we are talking about a software very similar to the competitor Teamviewer. Really great experience once every detail is set.

Cons:

Are you not a PC genius? This program is evil. It is true that once set it is fine but you must, in fact, first set it. You must first understand that they are two different software, one for the "input" signal and one for "output", that the PC has a password that is not the same as the account and is not that of the PC, that often the software goes into logout and does not work. It is a nightmare objectively. You open it with the fear that it won't work.

Mudssar
Mudssar
Asst.Manager Porecurement in Pakistan
Consumer Electronics, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Remote access for PCs Via VNC

Comments: Remotely access for PCs do save travelling and incoporate work from home, it saves costs as well for travelling and office expenditures.
We set a sperate system to boot a PC via mobile, it was not pre builtin in it.
it is good for IT users to support whereas we also used for our outdoor job peopls aswell from home support to avoid data sharing and other security matters.
Finally it is meeting our expectation with some our additional work.

Pros:

VNC connects other computers to perform a task remotely, they can be connected on lan via a local server and also can be configured on internet using VNC's server, So viewer and service both are seprate. Access between computers can be made with and with out passwors, so its a completely secured to prevent unauthorized access, using OS login crednetials security feature is also optional and secured. File sharing,chatting, key stroke notification sounds good. On viewer multi users can be accessed,moniotered and also can be worked on them accordingly.

Cons:

High internet speed is required for smooothly work, as now a days dual security check is used in most softwares so it is not available in VNC. In viewer devices shoud be saved by MAC or IP to access, which is currently not available in VNC, Configuration for boot over LAN is not available in VNC.

Isael Alexander
Isael Alexander
Network and communications analyst in Dominican Republic
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Best tool for any remote connection

Comments: This product helped us to provide remote support to the teams in different branches, as well as making it easier for us to have to move since it allows us full control of the devices, ensuring security while maintaining the connection.

Pros:

What I like the most about this software is how easy it is to use, as well as the security that it offers us once we establish a connection. Another part that I really like about this product is the large number of multiple connections that it allows me to make, ensuring thus a better performance when giving remote support

Cons:

What I liked least about this product is that it doesn't give me the option of a chat window to interact with people, but apart from this I consider it one of the most stable and complete on the market.

Austin
Austin
Software Analyst in Argentina
Pharmaceuticals, 51–200 Employees

VNC Connect, your remote desktop key

Comments: I've solved every remote access to my computer with VNC, having lists of computers that I can one-click enter and solve every issue while still working on my main computer is a bliss. Enjoyed a lot the integration process.

Pros:

I think the most helpful thing about VNC Connect is the simplicity of configuration, having access to a PC in minutes is an insanely good experience.

Cons:

I think the VNC Connect team can improve a lot adding features like Drag & drop support extended, or a tutorial for all the keyboard shortcuts, sometimes you're using them without even knowing and an introduction to that could be really helpful.

Josh
Josh
Owner in US
Design, Self Employed

Great product for working from home during the pandemic!

Comments: I needed to work from home for a while during the pandemic and this was an awesome way to do that!

Pros:

One of the best things is that I can see both screens and work from them just like working at my desk at work. I also love how it will quickly reconnect on startup. I have used this to work remotely and have had no problems. Really no slow downs I can work like I am on the computer.

Cons:

The only pain is that I must leave my work computers on at all times to make sure they will connect. There may be something to remotely turn on my computer but nothing with VNC connect.

Mohamed
telecommunication engineer in Libya
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

VNC remote access

Comments: with VNC no need to carry with you your computer if you want to access for support some one or solving technical issue with your work you just access from another pc or your phone its easy and useful just make sure your server is ON and accessed to internet

Pros:

it can be used from pc or mobile easy to use not complexaccess is fast and better than others

Cons:

there is no version for android TV not supported by OTP

Christopher
Application Analyst in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 501–1,000 Employees

Real time troubleshooting gets real results

Comments: VNC Connect has helped us overcome the hurdles we've encountered as more and more people have been remoting from home, more or less blowing up the consistency we strove so hard to achieve within the office with standardized equipment that were all maintained with our one easy-to-deploy image. With VNC, we've been able to better assist with the wide variety of devices people are connecting with from home and have re-achieved some semblance of consistency for our all our users. In addition, our end users have been incredibly greatfull for all the real time assistance we're able to provide.

Pros:

I like the ability to join any device, not just a sessions since our agency uses a virtualized desktop resource and many of the problems people report are coming the configuration on the device and not from within their virutalized session.

Cons:

Connecting to an end user that is less than tech-savvy can be a bit difficult, especially when they aren't in their expected OS environment. I'm not sure if that's really a fair critique to levy at the program because as soon as you've got the person's IP connecting is totally simple, but it's the only thing I could consider a "con"

Furniture, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Remote Access Made "Extra Simple"

Comments: I Use it every day, i can remote access every machine on shop floor/production for technical support very easily. My advice is, just try it, you will be surprised with all it can offer.

Pros:

This is a perfect powerful tool for instantly remote access, in the company i work we use a lot of Thin Clients in shop floor and the most easy way to remote control them is using VNC. Every time that some colleague calls for support I just need a few clicks and Voilá. Other than this, it is cross platform, so if you have linux machines, windows machines, raspberry pi, mac OS with VNC you got it covered.

Cons:

There is pretty much nothing to say about VNC cons, it is extra light, extra easy to use, simple to set up, i got nothing bad to say about it.

Jorge
Software Developer in Costa Rica
Computer Software, 501–1,000 Employees

One of the best and easiest light weight tool to connect to computers and virtual machines

Comments: It has been a great experience this is my go to tool to connect to any VM or machine that I need. It has been always reliable.

Pros:

One the features I liked the most of this software is the how easy is to have a bare minimum virtual machine and by just downloading the VNC server on the Virtual machine and the VNC cliente in your laptop you have visual access to the machine. On key feature that I saw it was consistent through all the time was the copy paste from your host machine into the virtual machine.

Cons:

Until now I haven't had any problems with the software it has worked flawlessly and the copy and paste between machines and host has always worked amazingly.

Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

VNC remote support

Pros:

Consider it was free it is quite capable and allowed us to remotely access the needed systems

Cons:

Advanced features like transfer of files to the remote system from the controlling machine were missing or did not work well. The core functionality (remote control, unattended, password protected) however did work without any issues.

Warren
General Manager in UK
Computer & Network Security, 11–50 Employees

VNC Connect - Easy and lightweight

Comments: We've used VNC for well over a decade now, because of it's reliability and ease of use.

Pros:

The small size of the software is a huge bonus for us. It's just lightweight and easily managed.

Cons:

It doesn't offer the big fancy features that the more expensive offerings do, but it does the job for us.

Dave
Dave
Owner in US
Computer & Network Security, 2–10 Employees

most cost effective

Comments: i have been using it almost exclusively since i found it, almost 20 years ago. it doesn't have some of the more exotic features like some of the other remote control products, but it also costs a tenth of the price.

Pros:

it does everything that i need, and it doesn't cost a fortune

Cons:

every once in a while, the software does something "amusing". however, all the other software does "amusing" things now and then as well.

Halimatun
Halimatun
IT Manager in Malaysia
Accounting Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great software for remote desktop

Pros:

Using VNC Connect to remotely connect to desktop to fixing problem or completing a task is really smooth and easy with this software. It can both connected thru internet or intranet.

Cons:

The same issues with all other remote desktop application is, it will require a stable and fast internet connection, otherwise it will delay the real-time connection and action.

Paul
AssistanT Network Administrator in US
Wholesale, 201–500 Employees

Quality Remote Software

Comments: Great software when in large building and dont have to walk to users desk to fix issues. Easy to use and provides a lot of convenience

Pros:

Easy to use and setup PC remote software. Lets you perform most if not all functions you need to when connected to remote pc

Cons:

Copy and pasting files or text from local to remote (and vice versa) PC doesn't all work

Milenko
Milenko
Technical Support in Bosnia
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

VNC Connect review

Comments: It was good until at some point I had to start using another Software, which proved to be better in every way back in the beginning of my career.

Pros:

I used to check Customers PC's with this Software and it was good and reliable, I used to run it via custom made bat file ( by my organization ), which proved especially good when I had to stabilize new replacement unit, which had only pre requisites installed on it, after Windows was installed.

Cons:

VNC lacks some handy possibilities and reliability in remote connection, in comparison to the other remote connection Software's, which are available for free on their respective official sites ( full versions ).

anthony
anthony
Business Analyst for Data Analytics in Philippines
Consumer Electronics, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Powerful remote software

Comments: This help us to remote our STB devices with ease which requires minimalist storage size.

Pros:

I like the most on this is the cross platform compatibility. Also compatible to raspberry pi. Very lightweight and easy to install.

Cons:

Nothing can say about the cons of this software. this is a very dependable software.

Education Management, 501–1,000 Employees

Real VNC is a rock solid VNC tool

Pros:

Real VNC is easy to setup and configure for doing secure VNC connections. This program is updated often so you know it is staying secure.

Cons:

I don't really have any complaints about this program. It works as intended.

Anil
Marketing Executive in Türkiye
Marketing & Advertising, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Remote Control with VNC Connect

Comments: I used VNC Connect over 6 months and I satisfied while I was using. If they optimize and develop the tool, it might be better for the users.

Pros:

VNC Connect helps you connect computers, share your screen or file transferring. It is easy to use the tool but there are thing that should be developed.

Cons:

VNC Connect has important features but they should develop the tool about more features.

weston
Ceo in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Works

Comments: It makes it easy to check in on employees to make sure they are working

Pros:

It’s easy to dial in on computer ips on your network

Cons:

You have to know the ip of a computer in order to login other then a computer name on a network

Todd
Todd
Chief Information Officer in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

VNC

Comments: This software is used to monitor several Raspberry Pi's

Pros:

Powerful remote desktop software that is lightweight.

Cons:

Remote access becomes more complicated when connecting to computers outside of your local network.

Ross
Office Manager in US
Individual & Family Services, 11–50 Employees

Excellent Product

Pros:

Easy to use and inexpensive. Great features

Cons:

A few issues with certain monitor connections.