15 years helping Israeli businesses

About Bitly

Link management solution that helps businesses create branded links for digital marketing campaigns through link shortening.

Learn more about Bitly

Pros:

It is easy to use and can be integrated with many other products or software. It has link clicks analytical features which help me to know the number of people that clicked my link and their country.

Cons:

My only complaint is when my personalized URL is already taken. There are a lot of schools that have the same name as mine.

Bitly ratings

4.8
4.4
4.6
4.6

9.1/10

Bitly has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 1,283 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Bitly before?

Filter reviews (1,283)

Nadish
Nadish
Senior Animator in Pakistan
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Bitly is the best url shortly shortening service even with free account

Comments: I used to use another url shortening service, but then I found Bitly and registered my account there. One day I faced some technical issues with the previous service and I decided to try Bitly. And trust me, I was amazed to find it very user friendly. Bitly has become more user friendly and powerful if we compare it from the past 2 years when I started using it. I'm 100% satisfied with Bitly, thanks to Bitly team for providing such a brilliant service. :)

Pros:

I love Bitly because it's providing very useful tools like integrating UTM link features, official WordPress plugin and link tracking features even on Free accounts. :)

Cons:

The least that I like about Bitly is that I cannot use my custom domain with free account :(

Eliud
SHE Manager in Germany
Consumer Services, 10,000+ Employees

Bitly keeps links neat and scalable. BEST.

Comments: Amazing experience. Choosing Bitly is choosing a good way to handle links and URLs. It is worth paying for.

Pros:

Bitly have a smart dashboard. Intuitive and beautiful results which are so far unquestionable. It has the best URL shortening tactics with analytics at all levels. Links are made beautiful to handle and professional to share. It has kept my posts clean and desirable. The most amazing thing about Bitly is that even on free trial, you can access the bigger part of its services. Good work.

Cons:

Absolutely love it. No cons for Bitly. It is amazing.

Julia
Graphic Designer in US Virgin Islands
Design, Self Employed

Good for making links more aesthetic

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I loved that I can shorten up my links because people care about what is aesthetically pleasing now a days.

Cons:

I dislike it because after a few times using it I had to pay for it. But that is to be expected.

Gaurav
Senior Web Analyst in US
Food & Beverages, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Intuitive URL Shortening Tool with Analytics

Comments: I use Bitly software to solve the business problem of shortening the product or category landing page links, tracking their clicks and eventually, use those insights to optimize customer experience and drive higher sales by reducing user experience or content issues. For example: if a customer engages with our voice assistant tool to shop and is not able to find a product on our website, we want to help that customer using an auto generated link to that product and track if clicking that link made that customer more satisfied. So, benefit of Bitly is it improves customer engagement through shortened landing page links and allows us to track their experience on our site. Hence, helping us improve ROI of our online business.

Pros:

I use Bitly software to shorten product and category links which have Google Analytics tracking tags appended to them. So, when the marketing team includes those links in chatbot, customers see a shortened version of the links with the tags hidden. This strategy ensures links are user friendly. And at the same time, enabled for tracking so I can report on which link drove the most clicks as well as who those engaged customers were. Ultimately, using Bitly allows my marketing team to improve customer engagement and retarget those customers to drive higher conversions - a simple recipe for success. I also use Bitly analytics if for some reason Google Analytics UTM tags don't work. So, a nice backup plan.

Cons:

Couple of Bitly features are needing improvement. First, the ability to customize the landing page website link I am trying to shorten and include in chatbot. So, instead of showing a random string of characters in the shortened link, I would like to show a name of the page title clarifying what product or category that page is about. I feel this feature would drive higher click-through rate from customers who see that custom link. Secondly, the ability to integrate Bitly click analytics with UTM session activity and customer id. So, I can see an end-to-end experience of customers from link click to landing to buying a product or researching it. These holistic insights would help my marketing team to improve design and content.

Tammy
Director in US
Fine Art, 2–10 Employees

Bitly - so easy to use!

Comments: So easy to use and manage. It is a very positive experience.

Pros:

The ease of use of Bitly keeps us using this program over and over.

Cons:

Cannot delete links you no longer use without upgrading.

Rikaz
Rikaz
Medical Officer (Health Informatics) in Sri Lanka
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Shortens links and expands productivity!

Comments: If you are in the business of studying links either as an amateur or for a living, Bitly can be your go to tool!

Pros:

One of the easiest app recommendations I can make. If your website has abnormally long links or you need to have good analytics on your links there is no better tool in my opinion. I used Bitly extensively for academic work and it was an indispensable tool to report to my board about the performance of the academic posts I was putting up. Link performance based on time and geographical locations allowed me to fine tune the posts that were being published. The easy integration with Buffer also allowed me to publish and shorten links at the same time.

Cons:

This is one app I cannot say had a weak spot for me.

Ibrahim
Ibrahim
Internal Auditor in Nigeria
E-Learning, 11–50 Employees

Bitly is an effective and efficient to for every operator in the Online Space.

Comments: My experience has been positive, and I would recommend this software to everyone.

Pros:

It is simple and timesaving, user friendly, with excellent tracking capability. You can get well driven data analysis to evaluation performance on all your link

Cons:

The only thing is the custom domain is not in the free plan.

Qamar
Qamar
Civil Aviation in Pakistan
Airlines/Aviation, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Bitly is more than a weblink shortener

Comments: It's an immense pleasure for me to be a part of Bitly's platform. It's an intelligent tool and takes less time to shorten URLs. I am enjoying its features.

Pros:

I always got frustrated to send someone a lengthy web link, and then I started using Bitly, which resolve this issue. Just paste your link on Bitly, and get it short. That's what I created using Bitly, but I found so many other cool features available on Bitly. It provides branded links and customization along with custom domain essentials as per the payment plan. Bitly supports companies shine by transforming their relations into authoritative tools for marketers and customer care units. Bitly also provides custom links, which replace 'Bitly' with our selected domain name, making our links constantly familiar across networks. It's a fantastic platform, which is essential for data and analytics for better brand management.

Cons:

Bitly has a free version, but it has minimal features if someone wants to use all its features, comprehensive guidelines are required. Despite this, it works well.

Justin
Teacher in US
Primary/Secondary Education, 51–200 Employees

Bitly is great for shrtng web links

Pros:

I like how easy it is to use this product to shorten links, especially now that several other similar sites not longer offer this feature.

Cons:

There's nothing at this time that I dislike about the service it provides.

Jamie
Graphic Designer in US
Design, Self Employed

Fantastic tool to clean up long links

Pros:

Bitly creates an easy solution for customer links. It's clean and makes my product listings look more professional.

Cons:

I feel like the Bitly interface has gotten visually more confusing, but still certainly easy enough to navigate.

Package/Freight Delivery, 2–10 Employees

Bitly is the simple go-to for all your link-related needs

Comments: Besides working in the package/shipping industry from home, in my spare time, I do a lot of art and photography projects, with many other things in between. I love how I can use Bitly to shorten any link I need to use with the ease of just a couple of clicks. Bitly's simple, user-friendly software makes sharing things that are important to me, as well as profiting from links the easiest task of my day. They provide relevant, real-time analytics, enabling me to get the best statistics quickly and adapt accordingly.
If you don't have a lot of time, or you consider yourself somewhat new to using software related to everything about links, I would definitely recommend trying Bitly's free plan to see how it can work for you.

Pros:

What I enjoy the most about Bitly, is their pricing options. Bitly has subscription options available to meet anybody's needs. They have a variety of tools that come with each of their plans to help you succeed no matter what your needs are. With everything from a FREE subscription to a Basic plan, a Premium plan, or their conveniently customizable Enterprise plan, Bitly makes sure there are enough options available for everyone.

Cons:

I was not too fond of the jump between their Basic plan and their Premium plan. The Basic plan they offer costs an affordable $29/month, securing a handful of great features. Then the price for a Premium plan jumps all the way up to $199/month! That is a huge spike in my opinion. You do get everything the Basic plan offers, plus advanced analytics, campaigns, UTM builder, mobile deep links, and the ability to integrate with 1k+ apps. Yes, this is a lot of great features. However, for the monthly price, the user must make sure that they're able to make a consistent and significant profit utilizing these tools.

Research, 11–50 Employees

Under rated tool for academics -- it helps!

Comments: Does everything I need for me as an academic even with the free tier. Makes emails and slides look very clean. No ugly multi-line URLs.

Pros:

It does exactly what it is meant to do which is primarily shorten URLs. For content creators and social media managers, it offers much more in their paid tiers. But for me, as an academic, I use Bitly all the time to shorten very long and ugly URLs pointing to journal articles, various items to purchase, among others. It keeps an email clean when you have a list of short URLs to share with your colleagues instead of links that spill over into several lines. This is also very important when sharing URLs on presentation slides. The QR code feature is also very handy for these reasons as well. Even in the free plan, you can get a count of how many clicks went through the URL. This is enough for me as an academic, it shows if any of the links I featured in my slides, etc. were actually visited by anyone. For content creators, you might need more than that and I believe their paid plans do just that. As far as I know, it also doesn't

Cons:

I don't have anything bad to say about Bitly. For my purposes, it does the job and I don't really need much from it aside being an ad-free URL shortener and click count tracker.

Christos
CEO in Greece
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

More than a url shortener

Comments: The most intuitive URL shortener with deep analytics. A must have for anyone that manages social media accounts.

Pros:

We've been using bit.ly since the very first days, when it was just a URL shortener. Since then we've been happy to see it add more features such as deep analytics. We've been using the FREE version for all our clients' social media accounts for the last 4 years.

Cons:

The paid versions are a bit expensive. Also, sometimes it can get a bit irritating when the custom URL you want to use has already been taken. You cannot hold on to URLs for later use.

Debbie
Manager in New Zealand
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Bitly from a Person who is not techie

Comments: Facilitates the sharing of long or complex links in a more user-friendly formatProvides valuable data on link engagement, enabling businesses to measure the effectiveness of their marketing campaignsEnhances brand recognition by allowing for customization of shortened linksIncreases the efficiency of link management for businesses with multiple campaigns or projects.BenefitsDifficulty in managing and organizing PDF files in a centralized and efficient mannerInability to easily convert PDF files to other file formats or extract text from PDFsHigh costs associated with specialized PDF software

Pros:

I love this product use it all the timeShortens long URLs into a more manageable and shareable formatOffers tracking and analytics for clicks on shortened linksIntegrates with various social media and marketing toolsOffers a free plan with basic features and affordable paid plans with advanced features

Cons:

Some features require a paid subscriptionLimited customization options for link appearanceCan be blocked by some browsers or security software

Biotechnology, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Best url management tool

Comments: We now shorten our long urls without problems, most importantly we shorten so many urls within minutes due to Bitly's bulk url management ability. We brand our urls and we get best analytics of the urls.

Pros:

We shorten a bulk of urls with ease thereby avoiding breakage of the urls when we send them to clients. We also brand them to build trust in our customers that the links are legit. Bitly gives us all needed data according to what it gathers from the url visitors including their demographics and behavior on our website. Bitly also helps in campaign management that enables us to walk a client through the marketing process with ease.

Cons:

Bitly has done the best so far and it satisfies our needs, only that it has weak privacy settings to control accessibility when working as a team.

Zamruddin
Zamruddin
Consultant IT Trainer in India
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Best tool for URL Shortner

Comments: My overall experience with this tool is very easy to understand and very user-friendly. Best URL Shortener in the market this time.

Pros:

If you are an IT guy or a simple working professional, And If you need to share a website link with users or provide awareness to lots of users with a link then you need to use this platform it is a very easy-to-use platform. That can help you to make short URLs and you can customize URLs also, It's make very easy to customize URLs with easy-to-understand words, Best part is that you can track How many users click on that URL.

Cons:

I don't find any cons to this tool, You can easily use this tool.

Antonio
IT Coordinator in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

A Decent Link Solution

Comments: Overall I have had a good experience with Bitly. I recently upgraded to get the redirect feature but was extremely disappointed to find out that I only get 3 redirects a month. Overall, I don’t think I will paying for a plan again.

Pros:

I found Bitly to work extremely well with link customization and analysis. You are also able to redirect links if you are a paid user. It is fairly easy to use with a UI that is not difficult to manage.

Cons:

What I disliked most is the fact that the Bitly logo appears in the QR codes that are generated. Upgrading will allow you to customize the ar codes. I also don’t like the fact that there is a monthly limit on redirects.

Melissa
Melissa
Interventionist in US
Primary/Secondary Education, 201–500 Employees

Here's to Making Lengthy URLs Accessible

Comments: Overall, Bitly has proven to be a very useful and convenient tool for sharing links with students and other staff members.

Pros:

The application shortens extremely long URLs and even allows customization of newly generated URLs. The ability to sign up and log in to save, catalog, and retrieve links is critical when teaching because I have to share convenient, easy-to-access hyperlinks with my students in a virtual learning environment. The QR code generation feature is very nice for those with the ability to scan and go.

Cons:

Users have to upgrade from the free account to customize URLs. Additionally, the dot in the middle of the Bitly portion of the URL is difficult for students to remember.

Zakaria
computer engineer in Morocco
Computer Hardware, Self Employed

thats why you should use Bitly

Comments: overall experience,I would say that Billy is the right choice,and i really recommend it for everyone.

Pros:

Bitly is a really good website to create short links without annoying ads,im using this tool for a very long time for my youtube videos.As a old user i would say that Bitly really improving by time and everytime coming with new thing.I really like the analytic feature,you can actually see how many people clicked your link and where the link hits are coming from.The website interface is really simple,easy to use,the good thing about it that you can use it without signing up, More than that,The tool is free and you can use it anytime,you have also the ability to custom your links.

Cons:

to be honest the tool is great,i don't see that there is something needs to be improved.

Publishing, 51–200 Employees

Incredibly Quick and Easy URL Shortener

Comments: Upon taking on a new client with a social media component at work, I immediately thought of Bitly for sharing links to our website. Bitly is a well-known URL shortener that helps us meet the character limit on Twitter and also track clicks to our URLs.

Pros:

Bitly is incredibly easy to use. Anyone can pick up on how to create a bit.ly link in mere moments. Upon creating and logging into an account, all one needs to do is copy and paste a link into Bitly, and the shortened bit.ly link is created - and can be edited - in no time at all. This is incredibly helpful for posting links on Twitter where there is a character limit for posts.

Cons:

The free plan is fairly simplistic. While having an account is beneficial to track clicks, the site is missing the ability to make a bit.ly link without needing an account.

Heejin
Consultant in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Simple, quick, and easy

Pros:

Bitly's free plan allows you to shorten a certain number of links per month (I think around 10?) This is sufficient for most people but for organizations or companies who need more links, you would need a paid plan. The paid plans start at $8 which I think is quite reasonable. In the world we live in now, you really can't live without link shorteners and bitly makes it simple to use and easy to track.

Cons:

First, I wish there was an easier way to sort the links you make in your bitly account. I believe there's a way to use tags but when you start having nearly 100 links in your account, having folders would be handy. Secondly, the paid plans of Bitly offer UTM builders, which I've never really been able to figure out. Namely, what's the difference between UTM builders and just making more and more links, especially if 100 are already covered under the smallest plant? This however is just a personal issue as I just don't understand the full potential of UTM builders.

Fabrice
Fabrice
Gérant in France
Arts & Crafts, 2–10 Employees

One of the best url shortener

Comments: I use this application for click analysis but also the creation of QR code. This application allows a quick start thanks to its simplicity, its use allowed me to save time which is not negligible because this application although it is not automated in all its functionalities allows me this saving of time thanks to its statistics.

Pros:

Bitly is an excellent url shortener, at the beginning it was very limited but since then we can customize its links. The click analysis on the short link generated is well done and this is very practical for communication campaigns on various networks. Bitly is a staple these days.

Cons:

The free version is sorely lacking in features. And the paid version offers a lot of features but the cost is expensive.

Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Finally they implemented a easy way to have custom URLs

Pros:

Bit.ly is easy to use. That's it. Shortening URLs in a fast, straightforward way.

Cons:

It was very very hard to have a "premium" account in bit.ly. If you wanted to have a branded short url (such as coke.url) you had to call to a US phone and talk to a analyst so they can sent you a "special offer". That was a bummer and I lost so many timings because I had to explain my client that I was "waiting for bit.ly to answer" - specially if you live abroad. Now, it seems that they changed this. Another thing is language: there is only english in the platform. It would be great if they have main languages, such as spanish, chinese and brazilian portuguese.

Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

Fantastic tool to shortrn the links used in Social Media or other third party posts

Comments: Super amazing and quick onboard is really commendable and it's free. Will Short URL in seconds and the use it on social media post or other website where it is count limit. Additionally, one can get the insights about clicks, device and much more. It's really helpful for me as a digital marketer.

Pros:

Easy to use, just paste the long URL and one can get the short URL to use in post where one have character limit like social media channels or third party websites. We used daily in our SEO Link building tasks via custom domains and it is easy to track as well.

Cons:

There is nothing I dislike till now its very easy to use just paste and get the short URL in seconds. Amazing !!

Harshita
Harshita
Content Writer in India
Writing & Editing, 11–50 Employees

An intuitive URL tool.

Comments: This has been an excellent app for me over the past few years, and it has become a staple in my life.

Pros:

Bitly doesn't just shorten URLs, it also offers a variety of unique features. For me, establishing a successful social media presence is a top priority. It is essential that the links to my articles appear alike and be of equal length. Because shorter links tend to work better with Twitter and Instagram. They look sleeker this way. Overall, I am satisfied with Bitly Shortened URLs.

Cons:

If I could group my links, I would find this a very useful feature, since I have access to many older links that I find myself frequently referring to. As an example, folders would be a great way to organize them. On the whole, using Bitly has been a real pleasure for me.