15 years helping Israeli businesses

About Clockify

Time tracking is simple and more intuitive with Clockify - app for tracking time, billable hours and reporting to improve productivity.

Learn more about Clockify

Pros:

Their customer support is also very good and has helped me when I've encountered issues with the software.

Cons:

We create web software for a living, and we were so confused by much of the reporting that we couldn't determine what accurate numbers would be.

Clockify ratings

4.7
4.6
4.6
4.7

9.1/10

Clockify has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 4,857 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Clockify before?

Filter reviews (4,857)

William K
William K
Associate Professor in US
Medical Practice, 51–200 Employees

Clockify has to be the most user-friendly tool for time management.

5.0 last month New

Comments: The experience with Clockify has been super magnificent both at person and work level. It helps me keep an accurate track of my time usage on various activities which has allowed me get better control over my time.

Pros:

Using Clockify to track time usage is so straightforward and effortless. It is easy to generate time reports which provides accurate and in-depth insights about how am spending my time. It makes it easy for me and my team to budget for time during projects and allows us to accurately schedule for our work.

Cons:

All has been so good with Clockify and it has not showed us anything not to appreciate about it. No dislikes.

Priscilla
Executive Assistant in Nicaragua
Executive Office, 51–200 Employees

Love Clockify! Super recommend!

5.0 last month New

Comments: Amazing! Would 100% recommend to anyone! Absolutely great!

Pros:

Its very easy to use without being invasive to someone's privacy. You can easily track projects and tasks. I really like the graphics and visuals it gives you which help your productivity.

Cons:

I love everything, I honestly would not change anything. Maybe being able to put in a time stopper, like if you go more than 10 hrs to automatically stop

Angel
Angel
VP of Sales in US
Professional Training & Coaching, 11–50 Employees

It needs improvement

3.0 last month New

Comments: Overall has been good and I keep on using it, but just for the very simple functionality.

Pros:

I like the clock in and the payroll. It is easy to manage.

Cons:

I have been using the tool for quite a while now. Although the overall functionality is good, it is extremely difficult to manage groups of users, different levels of users and privileges of each, and timesheets. Nothing is evident. You have to really deep dive into the tool to be able to do it. Their workspaces are not used logically, and that requires a lot of manual work to fix them.

last month

Thank you for taking the time to review our app. If you're experiencing issues or need help navigating and managing workspaces and members, please reach out to us at [email protected]. We'll gladly assist you! Cheers!

Jennifer
Book Coach and Editor in Australia
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed

If you do projects, this tracking software really helps cost control

Comments: It helps me, a freelancer, be organised with their time and know what to bill customers based on past projects, and where overruns occurred.

Pros:

I like that it helps to define how many hours I spent on what client project, and I can assign a dollar number for some project hours, a total time allocated,etc. I must admit I don't use these features nearly enough.

Cons:

It cannot track when you forget to turn it on. Time Rescue does this. Okay, mostly this is 'user error' but it should reset when you go to see your project times weekly.

Pedro
Pedro
Professor in Portugal
Higher Education Software, 201–500 Employees

Clockify is the governor for keeping track of time.

5.0 last month New

Comments: Clockify is the easiest to use time tracking tool and has given me the most beneficial time tracking experience. It has assisted us establish great time management discipline.

Pros:

Clockify has excellent attendance list that automatically captures attendance records making it easy to monitor attendance. Has excellent time updates that allows one to ensure you are doing the right thing at the right time. Clockify reports are very good with providing the actual time data for tracking time.

Cons:

Absolutely nothing to be honest. All has been so seamless and very effective.

Jessica
Jessica
Human Resource Manager in US
Civil Engineering, 51–200 Employees

Clockify is a great tool for overcoming time tracking hurdles.

5.0 last month New

Comments: We are having the most effective and convenient experience using Clockify to track time. It has given us an accurate platform for monitoring workers attendance time for easier payroll processing.

Pros:

Clockify offers clear time reports which give accurate insights about time usage. It offers the ability to track time in real time. It makes it easy to allocate and manage working shifts. Excellent clock in and out dashboard for monitoring attendance times.

Cons:

There has been no issues to give complaints about. It has been a perfect fit for our needs.

Jake
Jake
Financial Representative in US
Financial Services Software, 11–50 Employees

An efficient tool that gives solace when tracking time.

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: The experience with Clockify has been exceptional. It has eliminated all our struggles with tracking and managing our time.

Pros:

It is easy to monitor time spent in real time. It has very accurate time reports thats shows deep insights about time expenditure. It makes it so easy for us to schedule work shifts.

Cons:

Nothing to complain about Clockify. It has been superbly perfect for our needs.

last month

Hi Jake, Thank you for your kind feedback! I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the app and finding it easy to use. Cheers!

Mohd
Mohd
Digital Marketing in India
Retail, Self Employed

Review For Clockify

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Clockify is a great versatile time-tracking solution that caters to a wide range of needs.All their features and their customer service are very good and their prices are also very affordable.

Pros:

First, The interface is intuitive and easy to navigate, making it simple for our to track time and manage tasks efficiently. Second thing that most like to me they offers project and task management features, allowing our to set budgets, track progress, and allocate resources effectively.

Cons:

The mobile app version is be less reliable compared to the desktop version, with occasional bugs and synchronization problems. All other features are very good in it.

Lorena
Lorena
Owner in US
Insurance Software, 2–10 Employees

Easy to use time tracking

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I like that it already has pomodoro built in. Easy to use.

Cons:

Not available on Mobile devices to my knowledge.

4 weeks ago

Hi Lorena, Thank you for your feedback! Clockify is also available as a mobile app, both on Android and iOS. Cheers!

Gabbe
Server in Sweden
Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

Really Good For Time Tracking

4.0 last week New

Comments: My overall experience with Clockify is really good and i would recommend it.

Pros:

100% The time tracking and the easy to use layouts.

Cons:

The pricing was a little high but still good.

Karie
Owner / Brand Messaging Coach in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Easily track and report on all your time

Comments: I track billable hours for multiple client projects, breaking down tasks to get the best sense of where I spend my time. For my flat-fee retainer clients, this allows me to see where my time is going to make sure my time is best spend and those arrangements are profitable. For my hourly-billed clients, this lets me accurately bill clients for time spent on their projects.

Pros:

So easy to use! I have it bookmarked so I can quickly start time tracking new tasks - whether that's billable time, on non-billable time. I like that I can set up specific tasks but also include notes with specific time entries.

Cons:

Being free to use, there is absolutely nothing I can complain about! I'm able to do everything I need to track and report my time.

Dima
Software Developer in South Africa
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

How did I ever work before Clockify? ))

Comments: I have been using this product for many months and today I cannot see myself and my working day without Clockify. Every morning when I start, I press the button and know that my progress and work are properly recorded, under the corresponding project sections and descriptive headings & tags. If you need to track your and/or your team's workload, you will not make a mistake by switching to this great product!

Pros:

Wow, where do I begin! I think the dashboard is my absolute favorite! To be able to see exactly which month I had spent how many hours (and minutes!) working on which project helps me greatly to plan my workload and to priorities. Each time entry can be highly customized by connecting it to the relevant projects, giving it a very descriptive name and tagging it with special keywords. You can also mark every entry as payable or non-payable and for our company, where we use Clockify to pay our employees on a monthly basis, this and the rest of the features are indispensable!

Cons:

Sometimes the browser tab crashes or when I start/stop the timer, the command does not go through. But that happens only 5% of the time so overall it is not a crisis.

Chavez
Software Developer in Guyana
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

My Overall Experience

Comments: Clockify makes it easier for folks at the company I work for and myself to generate a timesheet report for any specific period. Normally payroll would ask us for a monthly time report before they pay us so this comes in handy plus it's very simple to generate with just a few clicks.

Pros:

As an end-user who uses this software every day, I'd say it's pretty simple to use and makes time tracking easy. My company decided to replace our previous time tracking software with Clockify just over two years ago and it didn't take long before the rest of the employees began using it. Credit should be given to its easy UI compared to the previous software we used which looked complicated and took some training. So overall I'd recommend this to business owners looking to make time tracking easy for their employees and themselves.

Cons:

The only problem I have with software lol is that when I forgot to stop the timer before I sign off for the day it kept running all through the night until I manually stop it the next day. As a Sofware developer, my suggestion would be to learn how the user tracks time through some kind of pattern and show some a notification to let the user know that the timer was left running and silently pause it for them.

3 years ago

Hi Chavez, thank you for your review! While the web version cannot stop the timer automatically, you can opt in to receive the email if you have a long-running timer. To enable this, click on your icon in the top right corner and enable the option in Email settings. Additionally, the Chrome extension has the option to stop the timer when you close the browser, and also, the macOS app has the option to stop the timer when you shut down the Macbook. We are also working on implementing this feature on the Windows (Beta) app.

Tom
Principal Consultant in US
Computer Software, 501–1,000 Employees

Great tool for time tracking, timesheet, and delivering professional services.

Comments: I've been using Clockify for years, starting from selection of a system for time tracking, adoption and evolution over the years. It started with the right strong points, and matured in other areas.

Pros:

Ease of use is the star feature of Clocikfy. It has the right degree of sophistication to support enterprise reporting needs, but doesn't isn't onerous on the data entry side. It is far better than "simply using spreadsheets" (which is NOT really simple due to lack of back-end integration that Clockify has). While its feature set has grown to be truly enterprise-grade, ease of use has been maintained. I've also worked with other sophisticated enterprise systems that are feature-filled but over-priced. Clockify has the optimal balance.

Cons:

There's nothing not to like. It makes the time tracking part of the job, which isn't my favorite part of the job, require no more than the minimum effort.

Laura
Author in UK
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

Free version still has lots of features - better in browser

Comments: It's nice just to be able to keep track of writing time, and measure some basic analytics, and the billing feature is really good for remembering the value of your time and the amount you have invested into a project. Its free features seem to surpass its competitors. It would be cool if it had more custom options (e.g. themes) and if you could hide things you don't use as a premium member to keep everything more minimalist. But Clockify has been a very good app to me and I don't have plans to switch anytime soon.

Pros:

You just hit the timer and go, which is great. I use the free version, which has all the functionality I need as a one man band. I did explore different options not too long ago to see what was out there but ultimately found Clockify offers the best analytics tools on its free version. Competitors generally only offered free trials or had free versions with extremely limited features. You can also have it linked to Chrome, which is good.

Cons:

I wasn't keen on the overall look for a while. It would also be nice to have the option of a simpler interface if preferred - for instance, as a writer I only really want to know what draft I am on, rather than naming each individual task, and I can do that using the projects feature. Right now I'm lazy and tend to duplicate tasks, only realising later that I had assigned an inaccurate name. It also makes it harder to sort tasks later. I tried the app on my desktop and phone but found them a bit janky, so I stick with the desktop version. Also, I do like the extra Chrome options, such as the Pomodoro timer (which I only recently noticed), but sometimes I get notifications asking if I want to add unrecorded time when I can see I am recording the time already.

2 years ago

Hi Laura, thank you for taking the time to leave the review! Feel free to share any ideas regarding the app functionality or look directly with our product team at https://clockify.me/feedback. Also, do not hesitate to reach out to our support team at [email protected] if you encounter any issues with the app. Cheers!

Jeremy
Game Designer in US
Computer Games, 11–50 Employees

Love Clockify!

Comments: My overall experience with Clockify has been good. I do however, wish that the "dashboard" feature on desktop was the default option. As it is, I have to click to open that and close the original window which looks like it was designed for mobile.

Pros:

I really love the features that are presently included. It's a great and simple to use software which is really easy to pick up and get going. I have recommended Clockify to countless amount of people and in several freelance and corporate work environments I've worked in.

Cons:

Just wish it had a few more features. I would love a GANTT chart ability on the platform including integrating an LOA and time-off system. More features for admins and project managers to be able to see via tables, charts, and graphs information about team members and productivety would also be great.

Hossein
Mr in Germany
Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

The best affordable software that can save you tons of time!

Comments: We tried multiple software for this purpose and finally come to the decision that Clockify is the right choice for our company in these remote working days, so I can suggest you test it and decide by yourself, but this one worth for sure to give it a chance, at least from my perspective and with main factors that I and my team had in mind.

Pros:

The report section works awesome! Also, it offers really good access level control and organization management features. You can use and try it for free (as we did) for as long as you like and then decide to continue with premium plans or not

Cons:

The smartphone application is really primitive and seems like a beta version :) Do not mistake, it is completely stable, and you can use it, but still, a lake of features and offline working is there...

Sabrina
Contractor in US

TheMcB Pro's Clockify Review

Comments: I used Harvest before this, which worked great for the needs I had. When they started charging for a basic version I looked elsewhere and found Clockify. I'm glad I made the switch and even started paying for some of the advanced features. Clockify has made it easy to report my time and create invoices.

Pros:

This software is easy to use and offers everything I need from a time tracking software: the ability to track time, pull reports on where my time is spent, and quickly generate invoices.

Cons:

Creating invoices can be kind of a pain. Trying to figure out the correct configuration of project, date, description, etc... can be tricky. And if you mess up, sometimes the only way to fix it is to start over.

Tim
Design Director in Philippines
Architecture & Planning, 2–10 Employees

What gets measured, gets managed

Comments: Clockify plays a vital role in tracking our activities. Knowing what gets done, when, and for what project allows us to identify the tasks and resources we need to allocate. The product has a very generous free tier, and it is relatively easy to implement with some basic introduction. Aside from the various ways to log time, I enjoy the report feature because it allows me to view data in various ways.

Pros:

I like that it has several ways you can track your time: you can manually log, use a timer, or input via the calendar. This feature helped make it easier to deploy to the team because they can choose how to log. And the dashboard shows how others are doing so you can see your team log as well.

Cons:

None so far. It has been useful for our team. In due time, I'm exploring to use the paid version.

2 years ago

Thanks for your amazing and detailed review Tim! We are happy to hear that you're enjoying Clockify and that it was easy to adapt it to your worfklow. If you happen to have any suggestions for us, feel free to reach out to [email protected] Cheers!

Joseph
Media Buyer in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Easiest and Cheapest Project Management

Comments: I've used Clockify from when I was an employee tracking my work hours on a daily basis, to now using it as someone who needs to stay on top of other's projects and hours. I only started using it because it was free, but I prefer it to other things I've used in the passed, such as Asana, Slack, or just sharing a google drive.

Pros:

I prefer the simplicity of the layout compared to alternatives and the free version accommodates most needs adequately. You're not forced to pay to get use out of it.

Cons:

Some may feel that Clockify is more limited compared to alternatives.

Peter
Director in Cyprus
Computer & Network Security, 2–10 Employees

Simple but powerful time tracking

Comments: I am using Clockify for my own business, since I would like to track time for my customers. The problem I ran into is only finding tailored solutions for project management tools (i.e. Jira, Pro-Tool, ...) to track time on special platform artifacts like tickets. But, I needed a generic solutions covering multiple clients, leaving me an option to enter billable hours, different rates for different clients and super easy start and stop.
From all the years I am working, the true superb attribute of an awesome time tracking app is a ultra simplistic way to start and stop tracking. No one wants to spent time on this task.
Clockify is providing me everything I would like to have in a time tracking application - this is why I love it!

Pros:

Clockify has a super slick design with a very cleaned up user interface. It allows a user to enter billable and non-billable hours. You can have multiple clients and multiple projects for each client. Each client can have a different rate you work for. You can very easily modified entries you made wrong (especially useful to make it always to quarter hours or half hour trackings). The reports are absolutely sufficient for me. it helps me also to track down problems with my time tracking (low hours, no project assigned). Just recently I found out, that there is an app (not only the browser version). This makes it even more easy to use Clockify. I am really looking forward using it for my whole company next month!

Cons:

It should have a setting to setup a default tracking (default customer, default billable, ...). Maybe even a small toggle to check "default", which will setup the time tracking with this default setup. Actually, the reporting also is confusing in the beginning, since it shows the result of all hours worked for a month, when actually I have the filter setup for a single client. Not sure if this is on purpose. The export as a file provides me the freedom I want anyways. Clockify is taking the system time for tracking. And since I use Ubuntu and Windows, they both always set my timezone wrong (I live in Cyprus). Windows sets it 2 hours behind, Ubuntu to the front. Unfortunatly, I very often switch between them. So, it would be more handy using a backend call and starting the timer, tracking a UTC timestamp. And when stopping the timer, another call stop the timer in the backend, again UTC time. Then the times wouldn't be off. I do not like it least of the software, but having a break gap option would be ace.

5 years ago

Thank you for the feedback, Peter! If you're using the browser extension, you can set a default project there. You can also set a default project's billable status in the project's settings (and in the workspace settings for all new projects). If you're having issues with filters not applying correctly, please contact us at [email protected] and we'll figure it out. As for the time zones, Clockify uses three time zones to record and display time values at the moment: Your computer¿s system time zone (when you record time) UTC (stored in the database) Time zone in User Settings (when displaying recorded time) When you record time in Clockify (eg. when you start a timer), your system time is used. Then, Clockify converts that time to UTC and sends the converted value to the server. When you later view the time in reports, the time zone from your User Settings is used.

Meghan
Software Developer in US
Computer Software, Self Employed

Straightforward Time Tracking Software -- Easy to Learn, Easier to Use

Comments: As a software developer working on small projects while putting myself through school, I have to be very careful with how I manage my time. Clockify provides me with a great solution to keep myself accountable for my waking hours. With its feature to add clients, I'm able to record the time I spend studying separately from my work hours by listing my education institution under one client and my contracts under their own respective clients. The reporting feature is insightful in breaking down my time by my desired filters (date, client, project, task, etc.). It enables me to keep my clients happy with accurate progress reports and estimated completion dates as well as help me gauge my progress in my school's curriculum. Tracking my time using Clockify has definitely kept my life on track!

Pros:

There are two features that really stand out when it comes to Clockify. The first being its compatibility across a number of devices. I can track my time via the web app or desktop app while working from my home office, then just as easily use the mobile app to record how long I've spent working on my train ride into the city, all without having to worry about issues with syncing between my devices. The second feature that I absolutely love about Clockify is how granular it allows you to be when tracking your activities. You have complete control with the ability to create clients, assign projects to those clients, and even generate tasks within each project. And when it's time to use the tracker, just pick which project you want to track from the drop-down. The projects are separated by clients with submenus for each project displaying that project's tasks. You even have the option to add further description in the 'What are you working on?' field. This level of detail is critical when it comes to recording my time for invoicing purposes. On the other hand, if you need to just record the time and fill in the details later — you can do that too!

Cons:

I notice that sometimes the software can lag when I make edits to my clients, projects, tasks, etc. This happens maybe once every two to three weeks and it never gets in the way of actually recording my time, it can just get annoying if I'm trying to do cleanup or reporting on the app when it decides to lag in saving changes.

Ralitsa
Ralitsa
Email strategist and conversion copywriter in Denmark
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

My favorite time-tracking app for internal use

Pros:

I've been using Clockify for years now, after trying other time-tracking solutions that just didn't fit my needs or offer me the simplicity and flexibility I needed as a solo business owner. I especially appreciate the fact that Clockify is built for large teams but still offers an inexpensive and easy way to work with the app as a one-person team, without any limitations. It simply has everything I need to track and monitor how much time I spend on tasks and projects. And I know I'm using probably a fraction of what it's capable of doing, since I haven't really integrated it with any other solutions yet. I just love how simple it is and how productive it helps me be. And the fact that I can customize my projects and tasks visually with color coding – which is how my brain functions best when it comes to planning in general. Customer support is also incredibly helpful. I've only had to contact them once over the past 4 years. And they were helpful and prompt every step of the way!

Cons:

I can't speak to any of the integrations or features that Clockify has that I'm not using. All in all, I feel it has me covered in every way. More than anything, I'm the one not utilizing it to its fullest potential. But having tested and used almost all of the big name time tracking solutions in the past, Clockify is consistently robust and reliable in every sense for me. So zero complaints or unfulfilled wishes in any way.

Gabrielle
Assistant Bookkeeper in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

!! Highly Recommend to Businesses of ALL Sizes !!

Comments: We are a nonprofit organization, and have been using Clockify for years. We've never experienced any problems, and this software is extremely EASY to use. Other programs we researched were too tedious or complex, but Clockify makes every feature simple, and provides MORE services we haven't even begun to use yet! It's incredible! We use this every day for our employees to clock in and clock out, for the bookkeepers to create monthly reports to see which projects we are spending most of our time on, and it even has a mobile app that's very efficient. By far, the BEST software we have found, and I highly recommend Clockify to businesses of ALL sizes.

Pros:

Cons:

I have not found any "cons" with Clockify, and we've been using it for years.

Information Technology & Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Streamline Time Tracking and Boost Productivity with Clockify's Effortless Management Features

Comments: Clockify has been an incredibly helpful tool for tracking my work hours and reporting to my boss. I primarily use it in my web browser, and I have to say, it's one of the easiest time tracking software I've come across. What I love about Clockify is that it's lightweight and doesn't slow down my laptop, allowing me to seamlessly track my time without any hassle.The user interface is clean and intuitive, making it a breeze to navigate through the various features. I particularly appreciate how easy it is to clock in and out of tasks or projects, and even manually enter time in case I forget to track it in real-time. It's a simple yet effective process that saves me time and effort.One of the standout features of Clockify is its reporting capability. After tracking my time, generating reports is a breeze, and I'm always impressed with the detailed breakdown it provides. The reports are presented in a beautiful and easy-to-understand format, making it simple for me to analyze my productivity and identify areas for improvement. It has been a great aid in helping me make informed decisions about my work and manage my time more efficiently.In conclusion, Clockify is a comprehensive and reliable time tracking solution. It has significantly helped me optimize my productivity, efficiently manage my projects, and gain valuable insights into my time usage. I highly recommend it to anyone in need of a user-friendly and feature-rich time tracking software.

Pros:

- The ease of use and intuitive interface.- The ability to track time on various tasks and projects accurately.- The detailed and visually appealing reports that provide valuable insights into productivity.

Cons:

There is nothing significant that I disliked about Clockify. However, it would be nice to have more customization options for the reports.