• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.4 /5
    4.3 /5

About Zoho Desk

Put customer service at the heart of your company. Make agents more productive, managers more impactful and customers more empowered.

Learn more about Zoho Desk

Showing 1,689 reviews

Peter F.
Co-Owner
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2019

"Great on its own, OUTSTANDING when synced with Zoho CRM"

Pros: The integration with Zoho CRM is game-changing. It's so simple to set up and gives our Sales + Customer Service teams complete transparency into what the other is doing. It's really intuitive — of all the Zoho apps, Desk is the best for ease-of-use and straightforward UI. I like it even more than Zendesk. Powerful automation features. Love the customer portal + knowledge base, we use it every day. Nice little features like snippets or copy-pasting knowledge base articles mean that ticket response is a breeze.

Cons: Sometimes some of the default email templates can be a little bit funky, but that was an easy fix.

• Reviewed on 23/07/2019
Johnny G.
Principal consult
Telecommunications, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2020

"Zoho Service desk"

Comments: Overall, it is a good starter product and is helpful but a lot of tweaking is needed and the product offering is geared to pull you towards needing the Pro package. One day I may choose that but wish I could have a vanity URL for email now with a one time fee.

Pros: I like the options that are available.
The templates and features are great.
I wish I could pay a one time fee to have a vanity domain instead of needing the pro package.
Support is normally pretty good.

Cons: Complicated to setup and training is required.

• Reviewed on 16/11/2020
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/08/2020

"Great value and support"

Comments: Overall a great product, and fantastic value for money when used as part of Zoho One.

Pros: Support from Zoho is excellent. We are Zoho One customer, so we also use other Zoho products, hence the native integration is also nice. We also like the Blueprint feature, which is a visual process designer for business process automation.

Cons: We are limited to 20 Blueprints, regardless of how many users we have. Sync functionality to Zoho CRM has not been suitable for us, so we built our own sync service.

• Reviewed on 30/08/2020
Matthew H.
President/CEO
  • Reviewed on 22/11/2020

"Solid Product"

Pros: A plethora of features that you can easily build a strong support network around.

Cons: The user interface can be a bit confusing if you are an entry level user.

• Reviewed on 22/11/2020
Kassy C.
Business Manager
Sports, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/04/2020

"Inexpensive Customer Service Software"

Comments: Previous to using Zoho, we were managing all our CS in our email inbox. Items were getting lost or forgotten about and it was driving me crazy. Zoho has an excellent suite of products and this one is no exception! Easy to use (the basics at least). And, it's very inexpensive.

Pros: We chose Zoho because of the cost and the fact that we were already familiar with their software setup as we use their Survey software as well.

Cons: Setting up some of the automations is a bit daunting, but we really just haven't taken the time to set it all up. Otherwise, our team really loves it!

• Reviewed on 27/04/2020
Elizabeth M.
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 27/09/2019

"Scalable Help Desk"

Comments: Zoho Desk is an easy to learn help desk for most sized teams.

Pros: Zoho Desk is an easy to use, easily scalable help desk option for teams of many sizes. The interface is intuitive​ and nicely designed. It is affordably priced compared to other options and integrates well with other Zoho products.

Cons: With the simplicity of Zoho Desk came a lack of more advanced tools. Otherwise, no complaints.

• Reviewed on 27/09/2019
Luis J.
  • Reviewed on 20/07/2018

"It's really great and easy to use"

Comments: it really helped me to set up my customer service team without too much hustle. I love the product.

Pros: I love the simplicity. I don't need to be a developer to set up the account. I also like the way I can integrate my team. The feature of channels is lover and the help desk has been very useful. One of my favorite features too is the happiness rating where I can see how the company and the agents are doing their work in genaral,

Cons: Not too much to say here. I would probbaly like to make easir the mapping and webforms module. I say this because I am not a developer and I really struggle to do this. i wish I could this on my own wihtout depending on IT guys.

• Reviewed on 20/07/2018
Grace P.
director
Wholesale, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/12/2019

"Affordable platform"

Pros: Affordable, have functions most platform has

Cons: no app for apple mail or apple desk top. I’d like integration with apple desktop.

• Reviewed on 30/12/2019
Nicole V.
eDiscovery Specialist
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2018

"Efficient job ticket system with reference numbers and easy searching for past jobs"

Comments: Improved work flow

Pros: Each ticket has a direct correspondence window (Thread) as well as an internal comments section where our team can communicate progress, status updates or issues in the comments, while not involving the client. This keeps all of the information related to the ticket in one place, which is very important while working on a team. In addition, you can reassign tickets or mention (@TeamMember) another colleague, which Zoho Desk will alert that team member and send a link to access the ticket directly. This has been incredibly helpful while working for a software company, as there are times where we need to escalate tickets for further investigation and can do so easily by mentioning other department members and/or reassigning tickets.

Cons: When searching through prior tickets, I wish there were more filters than just "Relevance" and "Modified Time".

• Reviewed on 10/07/2018
Julien C.
Collaborateur
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 03/08/2017

"Very helpfull"

Comments: It did a good job replacing the mode of interaction from social channels, chats, e-mails, and phone calls in one platform. The experience in raising support request by customers is a breeze. Customers also has the option to raise tickets via their native language. The platform has support for 9 languages. It's able to simplify tasks of the help them since they can enhance their ability to track every request and address them by means of priority arrangement.

Pros: Our team of experts have evaluated Zoho Desk with a total rating of 8.8/10 after a series of scrutinizing tests. Actual customers of Zoho Desk have an average satisfaction rating with the product at 100% which reflects their opinion about this service. If you spend some time analyzing other Zoho Desk alternatives you will surely find other programs with similar or possibly better ratings.

Cons: For the past few years, we've been using SalesForce as our primary project system and case. There were plenty of things we favored and wanted to change. For instance, we're able to provide personal service agreements to clients. At the same time, a customer support system is available for assistance. When it comes to Zoho Support, there are a number of options available for ticket/case submission.

• Reviewed on 03/08/2017
Chief Operations Officer
Computer Software
  • Reviewed on 12/06/2018

"Maturing help desk solution with enterprise features"

Comments: Saved money, increased productivity and connected together, different systems we use.

Pros: This is constantly evolving and new powerful features are being added in continually. It is now quite extensible and boasting tools like multi-users workflows, escalation in CRM leads, internal and external knowledge bases and seriously enterprise level chat.

Cons: It needs more granular control over notifications, and the IP pool is difficult to put into SPF due to many name records and gaps in ranges.

• Reviewed on 12/06/2018
Management Trainee - Retail
Oil & Energy, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/10/2017

"Zoho has helped reduce time taken to resolve complaints, and also made accountability of complaint management alot easier."

Pros: • Consolidated customer, distributor database. This is aligned with their assigned Area managers. Customer hierarchy can be developed through these features.
• Mobile application available for field staff and technicians, Available for both IOS and Android.
• Workflow configuration can be developed, which allows the agent to develop a pre-determined flow for generated tickets. The workflow is flexible and adjustable.
• Ticket assignment and delay escalation available. Allows for accountability for assigned tickets. And upward forwarding of task if it breaches the stipulated time limits.
• Multiple attachments can be added to each ticket, allowing for greater description of the task assigned.

Cons: the system dose not allow customization of all forms and fields, even though it claims it is possible. secondly account users cannot be permanently deleted from the system. it only deactivates them.

• Reviewed on 27/10/2017
Ken N.
Group IT Manager
Oil & Energy, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/04/2017

"Our first helpdesk system"

Comments: When I first joined the company I am work for now, we never had a helpdesk system, this is because the company was small and reported problems are quickly resolved. However, the company has now grown to double its size with multi-sites, problems and requests can easily be forgotten! I have trailed a few different helpdesk systems, this is one that I think we will stick to, it is very easy to setup and use, it is also value for money. Users can now send their requests via email to our dedicated helpdesk mailbox where the request gets pick up by the Hellpdesk system. User interface quite plan, which is probably less distraction from others, you can concentrate on the contents which matters most. I particularly like the reporting side, all the information I need is at a glance. There is also a chat function which we are not using at the moment, but perhaps we will enable it and try it out at a later date. This helpdesk system has a comprehensive set of functions, it is affordable and suited for company of any size. I would not hesitate to recommend this product to anyone looking for a helpdesk system for their company.

Pros: Plenty of functions, affordable, informative.

Cons: Functions are not easy to find inside the menu.

• Reviewed on 19/04/2017
Karl M.
IT Consultant
  • Reviewed on 08/01/2019

"Simple and Intuative helpdesk software"

Comments: Switching to Zoho Desk has meant increased revenues to our company. The learning curve was minimal for everyone involved and once in the habit of documenting all calls either on a phone, tablet or PC you realize how much work you forgot to bill for and left on the table each month.

Pros: Easy to setup and rebrand to your portal. Nice client help desk portal with KB and simple new ticket function. Great communication tools, issue tracking and integration with other Zoho suite tools like Zoho Assist. Easy for techs to use, track time and share/swap tickets. Excellent report tools. Zoho support staff are responsive.

Cons: Found it hard to do any custom sort by geographic region or city, especially when trying to combine jobs for techs in a particular area that require excessive travel time.

• Reviewed on 08/01/2019
Master of Relationship Marketing
  • Reviewed on 02/02/2019

"Affordable and Effective"

Pros: Zoho Desk costs less than other help desk software we used. It is effective enough to get the job done that we ended up staying with this as our primary help desk.

Cons: It's frustrating when messages go into spam that are not spam. This caused delays responding to important clients. We had to develop the habit of checking spam every day. I would like to see the spam filter improved.

• Reviewed on 02/02/2019
Danielle M.
Accountant
  • Reviewed on 07/03/2018

"Zoho Mail is great! I recommend it all the time!"

Pros: I love that the email program gives you a certain amount of free use before requiring a purchase. I have been able to instantly make use of the service and I know that I will continue using it under a paid plan as my company grows. I am also able to recommend it to start up clients who are working hard to add professionalism to their brand while not yet having the cash flow. Having a great email host that grows with the business is a huge benefit.

Cons: It is complicated. The email portion I use is fairly user friendly if you have a tiny bit of tech understanding. Their directions for set up are very clearly written and make it easy to figure out. But they have so many products that the site is very complex.

• Reviewed on 07/03/2018
Silas R.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/08/2017

"Amazing! Zoho Desk really brings my company's support team together."

Comments: The biggest benefit is having a reliable software that can handle multiple areas of my business, and have the feel of a company intranet. This helps to keep my employees engaged! :)

Pros: I love the ease of use while still maintaining a number of great functions. I also love the ability to customize and make it feel like our own company software.

Cons: What I like the least, is the login page for email. If I was to make any changes I would like the ability to use a custom login page for company employees. The current Zoho email login page is a bit too busy.

• Reviewed on 21/08/2017
Software Developer
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/04/2018

"Zoho Desk helps to build best call center and support services and is the best service available."

Comments: Running a customer care service with the help of Zoho Desk.

Pros: 24x7 hours customer support to resolve their query instantly. It provides features of integration multiple channels like facebook, twitter, and Instagram. Ticketing system to resolve any query is the best feature they provide. Reporting and insights on various issues.

Cons: There is nothing wrong with the Zoho desk service that I could find. Their services and availability is meritorious.

• Reviewed on 29/04/2018
Genesis R.
Customer Support Manager
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/06/2017

"So long it's been productive at most, we expected (and need a little extras) but it is great."

Comments: First off, the free trial is a big "thanks". Second, it help us to make little changes that improve our service

Pros: Micro: The built-in features like task associates to tickets, the capability to customize almost everything , the macros, the temp to the emails (is huge because we've been trying a lot of customer service software and even this is important, most of it doesn't include templates to instert in the answers), the reports are awesome. Macro: The Modules in general are very well design and we think is user-frendly above all.

Cons: The integrations... We need a core software center that integrate to the apps we already use and the channels we already have, but zoho desk integrates almost only with its own apps. That's a big downside for us.

• Reviewed on 21/06/2017
Kunal B.
data analyst
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/10/2018

"Zoho desk review"

Pros: 1) Highly customisable.
2) Option of adding light agents for free
3) Easy integration with social media accounts (Facebook and twitter)
4) Option of adding email and ticket templates for easy and quick ticket creation.
5) Blueprints is a great option for defining a process.
6) Ease with which the knowledge base can be created and shared with the customer

Cons: Found automation options a bit limiting, as in i can't automate the new fields i added to the ticket. Automation can only be done to the fields that have been already defined by the developers. I could not fill the custom fields i added to my ticket. This made automation almost useless. Could not figure out how two agents can chat with each other.

• Reviewed on 11/10/2018
Hemandra K.
  • Reviewed on 24/08/2017

"I find it that it may be useful tool for my service business for management and revenue generation"

Pros: it is s a good synchronisation software.
It´s easy learn to manage.
You can view all your tickets.
Save time.
Dashboard are easy to understand.
Task entry are allowed in tickets.

Cons: Contracts are difficult to link with the tickets. Tasks associated with the tickets if closed on mobile phones closes the entire ticket. Issue is that if we create an contract for AMC & we add task to same creates issues if we close the task ,the ticket closes.
In free trial we get the enterprise version but we may plan for professional version also during that time we may we out of some features using today.
Actually we also need a coordinator support in INDIA to call and get our problems solved. We spend lot of times calling given numbers.

• Reviewed on 24/08/2017
  • Reviewed on 06/05/2017

"Zoho has been extremely user friendly"

Pros: Able to view emails by priority and respond to those emails that are requiring a quicker response to customers

Cons: Unable to easily use zoho for multiple companies/brands in same interface IT could be improved by adding this functionality

• Reviewed on 06/05/2017
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2017

"Integrated ticketing system for QuoteSpace.co"

Pros: We have recently launched QuoteSpace.co which is a rule driven quotation system. We've plugged Zoho Desk into the back end of our system to enable us to provide responsive support to our customers and to build our online knowledge base for them to access useful information about how to use the system. It was useful being able to map our company domain. Using Zoho Desk meant that QuoteSpace could focus on product development over support systems and get to market more quickly.

Cons: It took a little while to find a couple of the settings because they weren't in the most intuitive places but most of them were found easily enough and the support documents helped us find the rest.

• Reviewed on 23/04/2017
Telecommunications, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/08/2018

"Indispensable Tool"

Pros: Zoho Desk has been incredibly easy to trial, setup and integrate into our workflow, quickly becoming the center of our support activities and obsoleting older tools.

Cons: So far we've had no issues with Zoho Desk. The only exception was related to a large number of spam messages reaching the inbox at one point, but Zoho support addressed this quickly and efficiently.

• Reviewed on 30/08/2018
Ayush V.
Student
Airlines/Aviation, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2018

"Zoho CRM is so easy to use. It has all the complicated processes most other CRM's have."

Comments: Ease of use and the customisable organisation. Highly mouldable to suit the particular business and business operations.

Pros: Its simple. We use it to house all of our leads and to keep notes on our interaction with prospects. Also to keep track of pipeline and webhook events.

Cons: Tech support is a little spotty sometimes, they always answer the phone but if you get the right support is the issue.

• Reviewed on 13/03/2018