15 years helping Israeli businesses

About Zoho Projects

Zoho Projects is an online project management tool that helps teams plan, track, and collaborate on tasks with ease.

Learn more about Zoho Projects

Pros:

The ability to link to other Zoho solutions (CRM etc) and integrate information from various functions and third parties in project planning and implementation.

Zoho Projects ratings

4.2
4.3
4.4
4.4

8.3/10

Zoho Projects has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 581 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Zoho Projects before?

Sashah
Sashah
Project Designer in Canada
Design, 51–200 Employees

Great Project Tracking and helpful Tasks Management Tool.

5.0 last month New

Comments: Big project data management product and the features offered are easy to adjust and also the time management through Zoho Projects is impressive.

Pros:

Zoho Projects allows easy document and multiple projects easy management product and the ability to create data analytics is effective. The project data insights collection, resource management and the coordination functionality with Zoho Projects is more profitable.

Cons:

I love the easy on implementing this product and the training curve is short and no dislike found.

Linda
Chief Operating Officer in South Africa
Management Consulting, 2–10 Employees

Perfect Project Management

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Using Zoho books has been great and really improved our output in the business.

Pros:

The ability to tract my time, expenses, and also link to the accounting software is really a game changer.

Cons:

The project reports are not as detailed and comprehensive as I would like.

MARY
ADMIN in Kenya
Construction Software, 11–50 Employees

ZOHO PROJECT

1.0 2 months ago New

Comments: IT IS HARD,NOT GOOD, UNABLE TO MANAGAE PROJECTS

Pros:

WE USE ZOHO BOOKS AND ZOHO PROJECTS CAN BE LINKED WITH BOOKS

Cons:

IT IS NOT USER FRIENDLY, IT IS HARD TO MANOUVER AND START A PROJECT

Solomon
Project manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

The Genevievely Amazing Project Tracking Tool.

5.0 last month New

Pros:

We can assign different projects to different syaffs easily and with no much struggle. With the tool,tracking the progress our our projects has been a walk in the park. The most amazing thing we love about the software is the support we get from the custiner desk which makes our projects to be ru ning smoothly with no errors.

Cons:

It had been the best so far and no dislikes

Charleotte
Senior HR manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

The Embellished and Garnished Project manager Tool.

5.0 last month New

Pros:

It is easy to define and manage our workflows. Easy to share project files and documents. We can track on the progress of our tasks efficiently. It offers us with the best integrations

Cons:

We have not developed any dislikes towards this tool.

Director in Kenya
Construction Software, 2–10 Employees

not cheap project management tool

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

ease of use . the training curve is short

Cons:

hard to use, report different projects that have dependencies

Clifford
Head - Operations in Zambia
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Project Success with Zoho

5.0 last month New

Pros:

The ease of setup and configuration. Task management is extremely easy with Zoho

Cons:

Pricing could be better for the enterprise package

Shria
Shria
Founder in India
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Offering an important solution

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: While the UI and the setup were slightly complicated, Zoho Projects helps you track your projects efficiently and in a detailed way. It gets the job done!

Pros:

Small businesses need to keep track of each project individually at a micro level and Zoho projects provides a pocket friendly way to do just that.

Cons:

The UI and set up are too complex, would have been nice to have clear youtube tutorials or an AI that could set up the tasks for you.

Vipul
CMO in India
Computer Games, 51–200 Employees

Integrated project management tool

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Excellent experience. Have product for almost everything.

Pros:

1. Easy to use 2. Integration option available with so many other Zoho products 3. Easy to manage and customize 4. Product has basic features and not very complicated for organisation like ours where we are stating with project management

Cons:

1. Price can be on the lower side for more users to avail the benefits of the product

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2–10 Employees

my view on zoho project

4.0 last month New

Pros:

zoho project is a creative tool that greatly helps in project management. it has proven to be very helpful over time although I am yet to fully understand or get us to how it works.

Cons:

it is a little difficult to get a grasps of the software at the first try.

Kelly M
Kelly M
System Engineer in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

This easy-to-use app keeps track of chores and projects quickly

Comments: I really like the functions, the tools, and everything else that this software provides us with in order to manage a project. Those tools are really useful and important at the moment in order to manage a project and collaboration, and this software, it's absolutely useful if you want to manage like a professional.

Pros:

Zoho projects have a number of great features, but one of my favorites is the option to personalize the parameters for the project management. In addition to being incredibly simple to operate, the customization function meets the vast majority of the needs that my firm has in regard to project management.

Cons:

Zoho Projects is, without a doubt, one of the least user-friendly and most aggravating pieces of software I have ever worked with. It has some of the worst user experience and interface (UI) that I have ever seen, and it is missing some of the most fundamental capabilities that a project management software ought to have. It has been nothing but a hassle from the beginning to the end.

Maddie
Maddie
Game Developer in US
Computer Games, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Zoho Projects enables proper Project Management

Comments: Project managers, engineers, and consultants can all manage and administer projects from any location with the help of Zoho Projects. A browser-based, cross-platform, and rather user-friendly SaaS solution. It has all the capabilities one would expect from a program of this type.

Pros:

We required a Project Management capability that integrated seamlessly with our CRM and Service Desk Line of Business systems and promoted information sharing across the board. To prepare for management meetings, one may manually create an Excel project schedule that includes task tracking and a Gantt chart.

Cons:

Not all browsers are supported, and not all of the functions of Task Management are present. Several additional vexing features of the current implementation of the Project Template should also be improved upon.

Jaideep
Jaideep
Head of Product in India
Financial Services Software, 2–10 Employees

Great online collaborative project management tools with feature you have always wanted

Comments: While I have not used the customer support for Zoho Projects extensively, all of the other Zoho tools that I use have an extensive Knowledge Base, very active public forum where people respond quickly, in-built live-chat to chat with a customer service representative, and plenty of videos on YouTube to learn different aspects of the software.

Pros:

Zoho Projects has the following features - no restrictions on number of projects you can create. Easy to switch between projects in the same online interface vs managing multiple files. Ability to create workflow automations that trigger on event based activities, which enables standardization of processes. Ability to share projects with outside vendors/project participants and improve the collaborative nature of Project management.

Cons:

More flexibility on making the user interface more compact (like Excel or MSP). Current interface is well spaced, but some users may like a more compact view. More simplified Gantt Charts that help us understand progress and dependencies. Ability to export projects to Excel for sharing with others we can't/don't want to bring on to Zoho projects

Sarah
Sarah
System Administrator in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Superb Business Project Management Software

Comments: A project can be assigned to an individual with the help of a group chat, a deadline, and a list of what needs to be done and how long they have to do it.

Pros:

There are a variety of options for visualizing any given project, and it's all quite straightforward and user-friendly. It's also an effective means of communication and cooperation inside the group. Simply put, it allows us to monitor the latest advances in our field.

Cons:

When compared to rivals, I think the Zoho team may benefit from a more updated look and feel. The result could be an even greater edge for Zoho in the marketplace.

Jhon
Jhon
Master of Information Technology in Colombia
Telecommunications, 501–1,000 Employees

A homogeneous distribution of responsibilities guarantees project success

Comments: In many occasions with the eagerness to achieve corporate objectives the allocation or distribution of the different tasks is something cumbersome and exhausting for some team members and tracking progress is much more exhausting, this causes that objectives are not achieved or that some members have much more workload than others, Zoho Projects allows us to optimally manage each and every one of our projects or tasks, distribute them homogeneously, make a detailed monitoring of both the progress of the task or the people involved in them; All this translates into work effectiveness, time optimization, a good use of this resource considerably increases the performance of the team and exploits the capabilities of its members.

Pros:

Continuously our operation is measured with a series of operational indicators that show the status of the work group, many of these metrics depend on individual team members, but there are other correlated ones that depend on more than one member of the group, here comes into play and in a very efficient way Zoho Project as it presents us with a platform capable enough to allow us to schedule each and every one of the objectives that month by month are evaluated to our group, through the tool I can easily distribute the tasks to each team member and analyze their progress as the week or month progresses and based on this reassign other tasks or otherwise add more members to the task to achieve its completion, an important point is that we can realize that member is overloaded with work in order to balance loads, This is very useful and is reflected in productivity, all the above mentioned although it sounds complex in the Zoho Projects platform is not, even the interface is very intuitive and allows you to customize the views of the different projects according to our taste or need.

Cons:

There are more benefits than negative points about Zoho Projects, maybe at first getting familiar with the different types of views where you can see the daily, weekly and even monthly distribution of the different tasks is a bit cumbersome, of course, the tool has filters and aids to adjust the view according to your own comfort, for example for some team members the kanban view is extremely clear although I particularly prefer compact and filtered weekly, so I realize the short and medium term objectives.

Roshi
Marketing Consultant in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Love this product- others don't compare!

Comments: Love this product and I recommend it for anyone managing something on their own, or with teams. There's just minor improvements, like the Tasks and Time tracking thing I mention above, that need refining.
And while customer service is also great (I can always reach a human),the knowledge base and Help sections needs user experience streamlining.
With the value pricing and the robustness of this product, I will always recommend this product to anyone - and do!

Pros:

Clear user design with logical and clear content and category designations. Love that they offer multiple view options for those who, say for example, would rather have a Kaban view over a more linear list breakdown. I have yet to find anything else as clearly user friendly and LOGICAL in organization. A lot of other sites I've used try too hard to be cool and modern, and actually end up causing user confusion with all their different layers. It's exhausting. But with Zoho Projects, I can go in quickly and get what I need! Also love how it interfaces with other Zoho products, such as Invoices, and I can export my time sheets. I love that I can hit a timer on my tasks, too. Overall, it has great standard operations with plenty of options for customization.

Cons:

Sometimes the invoice functions seem redundant to someone using the Zoho Invoices, and that has caused me to accidentally create some duplicates within Projects (when I was really just trying to create an invoice in Invoices), and I have had to clean up my own mess. That's the one area I think they made things a little more convoluted. I can't think of any other major cons - I've never had issues with this product. I don't use the Bug Tracker at all, so I can't speak to that. In Documents, it's unclear up front whether, when I pull a document in from a cloud, if it's going to sync any changes with that cloud app (like Google Drive, etc), or if it's just importing as is. Their Learning Center is also woefully organized. I can't search any topics, though the visualization videos you first land on are helpful for starters. But the info I REALLY can search is in the general Zoho Getting Started section...those knowledge centers should be merged and not be so confusing. Even the Forums in Projects help, I can't even search a topic on them on the landing page...so odd! And, lastly, it would be so great if Tasks had more Duration options. If it had an option where I could set a Task in HOURS, rather than only Days, then I could actually track something regularly hourly per week as well as track my weekly progress on it. Right now, I can't do that, I have to do that manually :( And, you can't seem to delete a Duration period once you've put it in (without also setting an end date). what if I just accidentally put in a duration?!

Jennifer
Paranormal tour guide in US
Entertainment, 11–50 Employees

Zoho Projects review by Jen

Comments: Once we settle on an idea we visit a location and live stream, or purchase a location and set up tours. Extensive planning is necessary for either scenario. Zoho Projects is a huge help at a small cost. It worked for our small but growing business.

Pros:

The product is user-friendly and budget-friendly. It's also Integration-friendly. No training necessary.It has project and task management, time tracking and budget tracking. Cross task tracking and multiple people per task. Resource management.

Cons:

The storage limit on the free account is 10 MB. Yes, 10 MB... Two projects and three team members at a time. The product doesn't have many extra features with any tier. No templates. No billing and invoicing. You can integrate with a billing and invoicing product but it's not as easy.Customer service department needs re-done completely.

Ryan
Ryan
Video Producer and Social Media Marketer in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Great platform for the price, but bugs and interface will drive you mad

Comments: Zoho Projects is a rare project management software that does all of the things our marketing agency needs it to do at a great price, which is why we've kept it for as long we have. We just wish it was considerably more user-friendly.

Pros:

The number of features from Zoho Projects is impressive. Practically every feature we needed for our project management could be done, at a price no other platform could match. You can set billable and non-billable hours, you can clock into a timer for all tasks, and the task creation setup is pretty robust. The interface has improved a ton in the 3 years I've been using the platform, and you can tell the developers are constantly trying to improve stability and features for users.

Cons:

As great as the features are, the functionality of the software can be quite frustrating. The interface is bland and can be very difficult to navigate. We can usually find what we need but finding it can be quite the challenge. Along with that, some features have head-scratching quirks that we've never been able to figure out. For instance, every time we create a new project it will only add *some* of the managers to the project, instead of all of them, even though there's no difference in their permissions. It's a technically *stable* software, but we often grow envious of other, more functional project management software that's out of our price range.

William
Software Lead in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

On first glance has the features you need

Comments: This could be a great basic and affordable project system if Zoho would just fix some basic day to day usability issues. As it is, it's frustrating and not flexible enough in some basic ways.

Pros:

Has all the high level features you would want from a basic project management software. Projects, tasks, issues, share access with customers, custom fields, discussions, calendars, finances. Integrates with other Zoho products like Desk and Books.

Cons:

The integrations are flaky. Integration with Zoho Desk is very limited and we ran into several bugs setting it up. The integration with Zoho Books doesn't work well for our workflow so we end up creating invoices manually in Books instead of using the integration. The system doesn't remember your preferred view and constantly changes on you. The Kanban view is next to useless. It allows for no sorting at all! It doesn't display any additional useful information like priority/severity. Support is lackluster. They will respond, but not really directly address your issue. My takeaway from this is that the system is the way it is, take it or leave it. Because of all the small UI quirks and bugs it wastes a lot of your time. I find the settings difficult to navigate. Even though I fairly often change settings, I still have trouble finding the proper project level settings every time I need to change something.

Austin
Investigator in US
Entertainment, 11–50 Employees

Zoho projects is affordable

Comments: We've gotten the benefit of more organized projects that are finished by the expected date, all for a great price. Recommend trying it.

Pros:

This is the most affordable option and it's still pretty good despite the low price. Time tracking is really easy and pretty much runs itself without a lot of supervision. Projects are the core of this app though and it's safe to say they'll be better with Zoho Projects. Easier to assign and track tasks, talk through planning or problems, and set a budget. Also set a time line, task dependencies, and use Gantt charts.

Cons:

Customer service makes me frustrated because it's so hard to get them to begin with and then it's still a circus getting whatever problem it is sorted out. Would make more sense for them to put more time and effort into it so that it doesn't bring the product down.

Shahila
Shahila
Business Development Manager in Malaysia
Facilities Services, 10,000+ Employees

Good software for collaborative project management

Pros:

Our team's efficiency in managing, executing, and collaborating on projects has improved due to utilizing Zoho Projects' features and tools. We may add clients towards the client platform to have them on the project on which we are cooperating, and we can control and filter the data we provide with them.

Cons:

The software takes a long time to load the resources, so I had to wait for it to finish loading all of them before I could begin working with it. I need to download the software since I can't use it from my smartphone. The interface design is obsolete, and there is no indication that it will be updated soon.

Mauricio
Mauricio
Project Manager in Costa Rica
Management Consulting, 2–10 Employees

Solid tool for project management

Comments: Zoho Projects offers a variety of project management and collaboration features to increase team productivity. Not recommended for teams that are not used to project management tools, documentation and progress tracking.

Pros:

Zoho Projects provides a complete set of project management tools to help your team plan and track a complex portfolio of projects. The tool easily integrates with other Zoho tools such as CRM or Desk.

Cons:

The interface is a bit complex and takes some getting used to. Programming directly on the Gantt view can be challenging.

Rajesh
Wordpress Developer in India
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Streamline Your Task and Time Management with Zoho Projects

Comments: Zoho Projects is a versatile and comprehensive project management software that offers a range of features to help businesses manage their projects more efficiently. The software provides an intuitive and user-friendly interface that makes it easy for users to navigate and use the tool, even if they have little to no experience with project management tools.One of the standout features of Zoho Projects is its affordability, with a range of pricing plans that cater to small and medium-sized businesses. The software offers robust collaboration and communication tools that enable team members to work together efficiently, along with integration with other Zoho products and third-party apps to streamline workflows.While there are some limitations to the software, such as limited customization options and occasional performance issues, Zoho Projects' overall strengths and comprehensive feature set make it an excellent choice for businesses looking for a cost-effective project management solution. Overall, Zoho Projects provides an efficient and streamlined approach to task and project management that can help businesses stay organized and on track.

Pros:

Comprehensive project management features that cover all aspects of project management, from task management to time tracking and reporting.User-friendly interface that makes it easy for users to navigate and use the software, even if they have little to no experience with project management tools.Affordable pricing plans that make it accessible to small and medium-sized businesses.Robust collaboration and communication tools that enable team members to work together efficiently.

Cons:

Customization options can be limited, making it challenging to tailor the software to specific business needs.The user interface can be overwhelming for some users, particularly those who are new to project management tools.

Juan David
Juan David
IT Analyst. in Colombia
Telecommunications, 1,001–5,000 Employees

An effective and astute tool for the management and administration of business projects.

Comments: Thanks to Zoho Projects we have been able to develop and successfully complete all our business projects as we planned on paper and on time, now with its implementation everything is easier to perform and achieve; Zoho Projects allowed us to plan down to the last detail; project activities, assign tasks and jobs based on skills and role, manage all the necessary resources and collaborate as a team in each instance and stage of development of each project which was very important and useful for us as a team and the company in general.

Pros:

It is easy to use and provides all the essential resources for complete and efficient execution of our projects; from planning to completion. Zoho Projects favors communication and team collaboration, as well as facilitates the supervision and careful control of the tasks that are assigned, Zoho Projects helps us to finish successfully and on time all our work projects.

Cons:

So far everything is going very well, Zoho Projects has been a great strategic ally in our company for the development of our business projects, I have nothing bad to say, it really is an effective and very functional tool.

Vikram
Vice President in US
Financial Services Software, 2–10 Employees

Perfect for a small business with lots of clients

Comments: We had been looking for years on how to properly transition from a printed spreadsheet, to an online collaborative system where all members of our (small) team could easily access production and client information from a central online platform. We tried various project management tools, but the curve with Zoho Projects was perfect. We all learned how to use the software in less than a day so we can now focus on getting work done. It's been a time and money saver from day one and we look forward to the continued incremental improvements to further help our business.

Pros:

Easy to learn interface. Adaptable to our business needs. Very good for a cooperative or individually-based environments.

Cons:

We do a lot of searching for tasks. However, when you are inside one of the few dozen projects we have, we can only search for tasks within the project. It would be great to have a search where all tasks are displayed, no matter where you are inside Projects. This would be great for how we have adapted the software for our needs.