15 years helping Israeli businesses

Israel Local product

Wix Reviews

4.4 (9,488) Write a Review! Israel Local product

About Wix

Get the freedom to create your own stunning eCommerce website exactly the way you want - for free.

Learn more about Wix

Pros:

Accessible to anyone who has a little interest and commitment. Enables the creation of very professional websites, with an excellent image bank and templates.

Cons:

Absolutely awful customer service and support when things go wrong (which they do, daily).

Wix ratings

4.4
4.2
4.2
4.3

8.1/10

Wix has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 9,488 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Wix before?

Filter reviews (9,488)

Ulku
Ulku
Founder in Türkiye
Newspapers, Self Employed

I love any work that evolves over time.

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I am very pleased, I think I have found the place where I want to work permanently for the brand I want to create. I can't wait to explore all its features.

Pros:

A few years ago, Wix came to my mind when it came to ease of creating a website. It was a time when we preferred to work with a professional to create websites in the companies I worked for, but I heard about Wix at that time. It's amazing what I see when I give my own small business a chance these days! It is admirable that it has developed so much over time and kept up with change! It made things so easy and compatible with artificial intelligence that I was simply blown away. It also offers very reasonable prices. I can create a website at prices that I can only buy domains for and ensure my brand reliability. What more could I ask for!

Cons:

I can't talk about any negatives for the free version. From what I've experienced, everything is fine for now. It has a much more professional atmosphere than before.

Marie
Founder and Owner in US
Consumer Services, Self Employed

Best Customer Service you could ever ask for

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Wix had the easiest site to build myself (and I tried a couple of them). Anything I couldn't figure out how to do, I would just contact Wix and talk to a customer service representative. I've had a few very good customer service reps that are patient, kind, and extremely helpful. There is one in particular though named [sensitive content hidden] that I've been so lucky to get a couple of times and she really is phenomenal. She is the primary reason I recommend Wix to any and all entrepreneurs who ask me what site builder to use. She helped me set up my content management system on the website which makes it so easy to update, add and edit content. She is the kindest, most patient customer service rep I've ever worked with and really goes the extra mile to make sure it's easy for me to do whatever I'm trying to do. She listens and knows exactly what I want, but also anticipates what I need without me even asking!

Cons:

Some of the responsive features to help the site automatically adjust between web and mobile make the spacing look funky. Other than that, it's an awesome tool.

Owner Operator in US
Furniture, Self Employed

Spare yourself and find a company who cares for their customers

1.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Wix is so bad as a vendor it has made me think about closing up shop as a business owner.

Pros:

Wix has overall good reviews, so I came here to save others from the pain I have had to go through. Wix is like owning a boat, the best thing of owning it is the day you get rid of it.

Cons:

Support is worse than awful. If you need a report for your accountant and it is not working, they will not fix it. You will get the run around and they will throw different ideas at you until you just plain give up. Even if you explain what you need and have copies of the same report you ran last month, they will just tell you it works on their end.

Nicole
Owner in France
Design, Self Employed

Easy to use While Retaining the Flexibility to Grow Into

Comments: Overall, WIX is my preferred platform to build as I value empowering my clients to learn how to manage their own websites for basic upkeep. WIX is easy to teach clients how to use and is very affordable. I also appreciate that WIX allows you to create your website on the free account so that my clients don't need to feel rushed in learning how to use the platform before paying for it (unlike other platforms that only offer 2 week trials). By far, best customer service out there.

Pros:

By far the biggest selling feature for me with WIX is their customer service. By far the best, most responsive and ready-to-help team I've encountered. Every platform has it's glitches but at least WIX is always there to help. It's also one of the easier platforms to build a website on. Super user-friendly so that I can easily teach my clients how to use it. I also appreciate that WIX allows you to create your website on the free account so that my clients don't need to feel rushed in learning how to use the platform before paying for it (unlike other platforms that only offer 2 week trials). By far, best customer service out there. Finally, it's the best compromise for small businesses between where they are now (small or startup) and what they need to grow into.

Cons:

I does tend to glitch more often than I would like. However a quick refresh of the page usually fixes the issue. I also miss the old agency benefits account.

Betsy
CEO in US
Arts & Crafts, 2–10 Employees

Wix is great

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: So far, it's been great. I have no complaints. Whatever I can't figure out right way, I just need to be patient and actually read.

Pros:

I liked that it was easy to use and everything is all in one place!

Cons:

No cons so far. I think everything is pretty self-explanatory and there are a lot of help features.

Chad
Digital Artist in US
Design, Self Employed

My Favorite Tool

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: I've been using Wix for several years now and have not looked elsewhere.

Pros:

Easy to use, Looks nice, Great customer service

Cons:

Some graphical tools can be hard to locate

Zoe
Owner in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Easy to use and Friendly

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It has plenty of options for beginners to still have a beautiful website without too much effort or website design knwoledge.

Pros:

Versatility to use different fonts when purchased outside of Wix. Drag and Drop. Great customer service via chat, this is important!

Cons:

Sometimes forms are difficult for me, but I am not a pro.

Jennifer
President in US
Entertainment, Self Employed

Great for nonprofits

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: great, customer service is amazing, I can't say enough

Pros:

the functionality of the marketing and form communications

Cons:

there is so much on the platform, it takes a bit to get used to it, but that is expected

Joshua
Infrastructure Engineer in UK
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Wix made domain website building lot more easier without coding

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: I love every moment I work on wix and it makes my Job lot more easier managing multiple domain subscription from one login.

Pros:

Easy to build a website in less than 5 minutes

Cons:

The website template don't have options to tweak easily

S. Andrew
CSM in France
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Easy to setup but bad referencing

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Very easy to setup, the templates easily incorporate in the website, modules are quite flexibles CSM is quite good

Cons:

The referencing is quite bad compared to Squarespace Expensive for what's on offer compared to others

Photography, Self Employed

Intuitive Website Maker

Comments: My experience has been stellar when compared with other websites I have tried in the past. If you are looking for website hosting with quick (2-3 hours) easy to create websites that still feel custom designed, then Wix is definitely edging out the competition.

Pros:

The software feels more intuitive and customizable than other website competitors. You can easily have your site up and running within 2-3 hours. The domain sourcing and hosting being included is another advantage over other competitors I was researching, which would of cost me 25-50% more. I have never experienced any down time from the servers being offline either.

Cons:

The website templates could be expanded to include more options for photographers with better gallery display options. In addition I found that the mobile view option when designing the templates was not always compatible or at least the designs did not always fully translate to mobile the way I was envisioning. Please include a better or more updated mobile website design as most my clients are going to be viewing my website on their phone, not on their laptop.

matt
matt
Video Producer in US
Motion Pictures & Film, Self Employed

It's not Wordpress, and why that's important

Comments: Overall, I love Wix. I still stick with Wordpress for most of my sites, but I'm enjoying the ease of Wix for my main site.

Pros:

After creating websites in Wordpress, Dreamweaver and even direct code, Wix is astoundingly refreshing and easy. The learning curve is quick. And once I started dragging and dropping various elements, my imagination for my site soared. The greatest value of Wix is it's ease of use. It's not just the ease of creating a site, but the ease of having the website and hosting all rolled into one. Additionally, Wix is in development, which means that updates do come out and solve some issues that may be present. This is encouraging especially coming from the highly customizable but complicated world of Wordpress.

Cons:

As much as Wix is joyfully easy to use, there are a few issues with it. The main thing is that it lacks SEO (Search Engine Optimization) even though it has an SEO feature with it. I moved my site from Wordpress to SEO and lost traffic during the first 6 months. I wasn't invisible on Google, but I wasn't ranking as well as I did before. That said, it's still doable. I suggest researching SEO or at least hiring someone who can manage your SEO.

Chelsea
Actor in US
Performing Arts, Self Employed

The most user-friendly website builder

Comments: I use Wix for my actor website, and whenever I have to build a website for something else, I turn immediately to Wix. I've tried to use other website builders and have found Wix to be superior every single time. The image galleries can be a tad tedious at times, but for the overall effect of having candids and headshots displayed for easy browsing for directors and producers is worth it.

Pros:

The number of customization options is incomparable. The level of control you have over where your content appears is amazing for a detail-oriented perfectionist such as myself; add in pop-up guidelines when your content is aligned to page/field/object and even the most persnickety builder is on cloud nine.

Cons:

Sometimes the automatic formatting of text within a single field is counterproductive to my interests, and it takes extra time, focus, and a few table slaps to get the content juuust right. If I could make any suggestion tot he Wix website builder, outstanding as it is, it would be to add a toggle for "auto format within field" or not, so that if I want a header for my paragraph in a different text style or size, without adding a "header" in an auto-formatted style, I can just change them to my liking without arguing with the automatic formatting. That said, I'm sure this very feature is helpful to others who aren't so detail retentive. One that just jumped to mind was the image gallery builder. It seems simple enough at first but the more I try to customize and adjust it, the more tedious the selection and addition process is. Maybe streamline that a little more?

Lindy
artist in US
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

Wix Works for Fine Art

Comments: I market and sell my original art and prints online to a nationwide audience, and Wix has made it simple and rewarding for me to keep my website updated myself. I have no idea how their support is. In over 2 years, I've never had to use it.

Pros:

For easy and intuitive to use WYSIWYG software, Wix offers almost endless possibilities for customization. As a professional artist, design uniqueness is everything when it comes to my website. It's sort of fun and almost game-like to use. I've never had it crash, either. And the online commerce app is equally seamless to use, design-wise and financially.

Cons:

I'd like more features on the blog platform. While it integrates perfectly with the website, it is limited in design features, and users can't comment directly.

Ada
Ada
Manager in Hong Kong
Civic & Social Organization, 201–500 Employees

Considering time efficiency in building a good-looking website, WiX is a no-brainer

Comments: WiX serves best as a prototype when discussing with stakeholders on the design / look and feel for anything that appears online. Instead of putting the text in a word document and arguing the color tone or how pictures should be displayed, why not just open up a WiX account and start building a prototype to facilitate discussion? My experience is that this tool significantly reduces the turnaround time discussing / confirming with vendors on web design details. Another shortcoming is its SEO capability. But again, it's best for beginner and not for advanced user.

Pros:

I would consider Wix as the most easy-to-use website builder, when compared with Wordpress & Strikingly. Over the years it has made huge improvements, especially now with its ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence) feature where you'll first be asked a couple of questions regarding the purpose, the functions, the look and feel of your ideal website, then a ready version would be automatically generated for your further edit, i.e. via drag and drop of your preferred style.

Cons:

At first I didn't even recognize the difference between Wix Editor & Wix ADI so I got confused and found difficulty following the step-by-step advice on Q&A session. It's simple to identity which is which: If you didn't answer those questions in the beginning, and chose your own designer template instead, then that's a website built under Wix Editor which allows full control over every aspect of the site. On the other hand, if you're like me who wants a quick solution and accept the readily generated website, then it's built under WiX ADI, but you then lose the autonomy to change, even it's just the minor stuff on the webpage. And here comes the problem: Sometimes, when the functions on WiX ADI just didn't work (e.g. after hitting a button a menu was supposed to appear on the left but it just didn't show up) then it's time to write an inquiry to Customer Service Support, instead of reading through the Q&A which mainly offers advice on WiX Editor.

Kaprice Dal Cerro,
Kaprice Dal Cerro,
Owner/Business Mentor in US
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed

More diverse than you think

Comments: I have enjoyed my experience using Wix. My website has never gone down and it has allowed me to create automation for parts of my business.

Pros:

What I like about Wix is that you don't need to be a software developer to create a great-looking website. There are a lot of tools that many users don't realize that Wix has. For instance, setting up a workshop and taking payment is easy to create on your Wix website. There are many themed templates to choose from to help you create the look and feel that you want without having to spend a lot of time thinking about how you want your website to look.

Cons:

There is a bit of a learning curve if you want to make some advanced changes to your website. This may take some time or you may need the help of someone who has Wix knowledge if you aren't a techy person.

Entertainment, 51–200 Employees

How to be a web designer (without being one)

Comments: With Wix, I was able to launch my sites, both personal and commercial. It has been a great help and has even served as a distraction since its interface makes building a website fun. I got the benefit of being able to create completely aesthetic and professional sites using the tools that the site itself offers. The most remarkable thing is its real time editing, which, not knowing html, was and still is useful to me.

Pros:

If you've always dreamed of designing your own website, Wix is probably one of the best options. It has a modern interface that makes the user feel comfortable from the beginning. If you have no design experience, it is an excellent place, since Wix offers the user a long list of templates and tools as add-ons that allow you to customize your site to your liking. You can connect with several existing software systems (from third parties) such as Drive, Youtube, Vimeo, Word, among many others. Also, depending on the plan, it allows the user to acquire a domain right there or if the user already has one, to connect it.

Cons:

Wix is an excellent tool, which in part has its cost in relation to the gadgets it offers and templates. What happens is that many users, after using Wix and its tools, become skilled in design and always look for something more professional. But Wix always aims at the beginner public to which, logically, it offers standard or semi-professional solutions at a high cost. In simple words, it would be necessary to add more tools and content for experienced users.

Kristen
Co-Founder in US
Industrial Automation, 2–10 Employees

Incredible Website Building Software!

Comments: I have overall had a very positive experience with Wix. It’s increased sales and efficiency for our small business and helped us increase our online presence and reach new customers.

Pros:

This software makes it incredibly easy to build a website for your business! As a small business, we are very thankful to have tried Wix. It has a lot of features and a very user friendly interface and design. It’s modern, straightforward, has a well developed app, and has amazing customer service. I couldn’t be happier with this software! It has beyond exceeded my expectations and helped me create a beautiful website for our small business that has helped increase our online presence and sales.

Cons:

I don’t have any complaints - it’s been amazing!

shakeel
shakeel
IT Manager in Pakistan
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Wix: world easiest drag-drop website builder

Comments: My overall experience with Wix has been positive. My expertise in website building is limited, but Wix made it easy for me. There are a lot of features I love about Wix, including e-commerce, multiple payment gateways integrations, and automation emails.

Pros:

Wix is best tool for quick starting web designing without coding. If you are an entrepreneur or a small business owner, you can build a website on a budget. Wix also offers paid and free plans with a lot of feathers, built-in templates, and SEO tools. There are all the features you need to build a simple, customizable, and pleasing website at first glance with this tool. Probably, the biggest reason people prefer Wix is the speed at which they can build a website and the ease at which they can update it.

Cons:

Compared to other platforms, Wix websites can sometimes appear less professional. Your website's user experience will be diminished when you build it with a DIY site builder, which can lead to lost customers and revenue. It is not good to use the free version of this platform because it contains a watermark.

Katya
Developer in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Highly customizable and intuitive UI

Comments: Wix was quick and easy to learn and I would recommend it for small to medium sized companies that want to have an online presence but don't want to spend time on the developer side of making a complex website.

Pros:

Wix has the customization options that many website builders do not have. Learning curve was pretty low and we were able to create a fully functioning basic website in under a day. It is very user friendly.

Cons:

I would have preferred to have more control over the aesthetic of the website, and a downside is that if you are switching to a new template, you have to redesign your entire site.

Michelle
Director, Marketing in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Wix Enterprise is Best Bang for Buck

Comments: I've been using Wix for the past 10 years. I've used it to create sites for clients as well as in my full time job. I love the flexibility it gives the client to make changes after my project is complete.

Pros:

I love the ease of creating a new site. All the options are fabulous and I learn new features almost daily.

Cons:

I don't have any complaints. The product is absolutely wonderful to work with. I am a graphic designer so the wysiwyg is perfect....and I don't need to know html coding.

Ashley
Ashley
Agent Marketing Lead in US
Insurance Software, 201–500 Employees

Easy to use, has many great features, and reasonably priced.

Comments: Overall, I highly recommend this product. There are very few additions/changes that I would suggest. And again, the price is more than reasonable.

Pros:

Clean and user friendly interface for building from scratch or editing templates. Tons and tons of available options to choose from. (Colors, fonts, menus, etc.) Our websites don't look cookie cutter, they look custom built. Connecting your own domain is super easy! It takes only a few minutes and is up and working immediately. Access to all the features during building. Basically we can use all of the features (even if we have to upgrade to premium to use them live) so that I can be sure that we really do want to pay for those features. On eCommerce site we can sell physical items and digital files. Ability to make eCommerce site a members only site. Forms are easy to use. (They could be improved a little. See Cons section.) Can edit the mobile site and the desktop site independently of each other without edits on one being applied to the other. Prices are very reasonable. Overall, Wix has taken a massive amount of work off my shoulders and still produces high quality, custom looking websites.

Cons:

Google ad vouchers are a little misleading. They only apply to new Google Ads users. So we purchased an upgrade mainly to get the ad voucher and then read the fine print that said we couldn't use it because we have an existing account. Better options for reserving/booking. We rent out display items and really need a calendar that is accessible to users of our website so they can see when display items are available in their area and when they are checked out. Better options for customizing auto emails to those that place orders. The majority of the email is not editable and doesn't really fit our needs. More customization and ability to copy and paste forms. I built out a form and realized I had put it on the wrong page of the site. I was not able to move it from the current page to the correct page. I had to delete it and rebuild it on the correct page. I would also like to be able to store the forms so that I can use them on other sites rather than having to rebuild each time.

Consumer Goods, 11–50 Employees

‘site builder for tomorrow’

Comments: with the offered features by many hosting companies, mostly which are standard features, any novice can build a good looking website. But not an exceptional one like what is being offered by wix. Wix is in to business, therefore they integrate whatever the improvements in digital communication in order to be ‘special’. You need to experience the difference. After the initial launching with the free version, one need to migrate in to a version which will offer you all the additional features in ecom. With a paid version you can have your own domain that will help you to build your unique custom brand, and run an ad free site. With the paid version you become independent of strings associated with wix campaigns but still enjoy the unique features available in wix platform.
With the returns gained by having an exceptional site, you wouldn’t feel the service is expensive.

Pros:

with ‘wix’, websites are not a luxury anymore. Wix has emerged as one of the leading facilitators of digital visual communication platforms by offering ‘start free and pay later’ concept of doing business. Wix is definitely doing a business. But it helps those innovatives who cannot afford the luxury of hosting initially, but can present brilliant productive ideas to the world with digital communication for a kickstart. Wix, certainly is doing a business of milking without hurting the cow. Those who cannot afford hosting initially or even venture on a project on trial basis can grab this concept and then upgrade to paid packages for greater productivity. Wix is not just another hosting business. Its an ecommerce platform. Wix has passed the traditional concepts by integrating future technology in to its platform thereby placing its position ahead of many others. Wix helps others to earn in the ecom world with the latest technology, trends integrated in to their system. With their ADI (artificial design intelligence), you almost have a ready-built website without any coding knowledge and the Wix editor gives you a free hand to integrate your own innovative ideas and present exceptional websites to communicate your message stunningly to the audience. You can use the Drag & Drop, Online Booking Tools, Online Store Builder, SEO Management, Survey Builder, to name a few and many other productive features to make your site unique and stand above the rest.

Cons:

well I wouldn’t say this a real con, but the cost comparison wise, there are many hosting service providers who too offer many ‘easy to build a site’ tools at a lower cost but one need to sacrifice on certain features those are being offered by wix at a higher cost.

Gary
Performing Artist in Australia
Music, Self Employed

From Rookie web designer to Pro music profile

Comments: I have been using Wix since 2013. Being a total rookie in web design, Wix has been my biggest crush as it made it easy for me to put all my ideas from my mind into the website. The drag and drop features without using codes made it easy for me to bring my ideas to life. As an artist I usually say that my website is like my virtual home people can come and visit and have a chat and with Wix this is totally a fact. From my artist profile, biography, selling my tracks, hosting live videos and selling merchandise, Wix has succeeded into making all of these features easily accessible and fully operational making my artist profile look professional.

Pros:

Using Wix has been an amazing adventure for someone like me who does not know much about web design. Being an artist, it helped me so much into creating my artist website with ease. It took me about 1 week to built a proper website and it is so easy if I need to make updates, anytime. It has most of the features I think of. Wix made my artist life way better and the guidance we get on how to get the most out of it is very helpful. With Wix my artist profile looks super Pro with all the features available.

Cons:

Sometimes there are a few bugs and glitches while editing but after refreshing the page a few times it goes back to normal. Payment methods for a few countries are pretty hard to get but I know Wix works hard into making ease of payment accessible for most countries. It took me at least a year before getting the right payment option for my website and now my website is monetizing quite easily.

Wix is a fantastic and clean website creator

Comments: I've used a number of website development software, and this is easily my favorite. I've looked into website creation as a side gig, and if that took off, Wix would likely be my go to for creating clean, modern, and effective websites.

Pros:

Wix makes designing websites super easy for anybody of any skill level. If you're new to designing websites with software, you and use the AI to create a website for you, and then you just have to go in and edit specific information. If you want to have a little more control, you can disable the AI and go to a regular editor where you have a lot more control over minute details. Wix also has a vast selection of apps to integrate into your website, many of them free and others will usually have free versions or trials. Some of the apps are created by Wix, but most are third party, though they also have a review system so you can see what other users think of the apps. Also, when I say there's a large variety, I mean there are a number of apps for pretty much anything you can think of. Need to schedule appointments? Got it. Want to keep track of analytics? Probably dozens of apps to choose from. Need to create a menu? Easy. Social media integration, newsletters, just about anything. They also have a number of different plans, depending on your needs. They range from very inexpensive to very affordable for a small business, depending on if you're ok with Wix displaying their logo on the site, how much bandwidth you need, if you want to have an online store (surprisingly affordable with Wix, by the way), if you want Google Ad Credits, etc.

Cons:

Being so customizable, some things that feel like they should be intuitive, aren't. Disabling the AI that created the website (if you chose that path) is a little difficult, but it's necessary if you want control over customization. Setting up a store is a little tedious, as you have to enter a lot of information for each individual item; I'd love to see them find a way to ease this process. I'd also love to see the shipping options expanded a little, like options for delivering products if the client/customer is in the same town or within X miles of your location.