15 years helping Israeli businesses

About Canva

Design and publish anything in a few clicks. From brochure to video, access thousands of templates, images, videos, and more for free.

Learn more about Canva

Pros:

As someone who does not specialize in marketing or social media posts this app has been a God-send. It is very easy to use, easy to navigate, and easy to implement.

Cons:

The only defect of this app is for sure that it is not completely free. For those who do not use it professionally or are not yet able to invest money it ends up becoming bad.

Canva ratings

4.7
4.4
4.5
4.6

9.1/10

Canva has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 11,866 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Canva before?

Filter reviews (11,866)

Kayiira
Kayiira
Head of Department in Uganda
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Canva the latest InDesign tool

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Good experience that merges photo editing to website design.

Pros:

1. Easy deployment and setup. 2. They have a free version which is good for learning about the software before committing to purchase 3. Gives you alot of templates to choose from.

Cons:

1. the free version doesn't allow landscape mode. 2. The design part isn't as extensive as photoshop.

Christie
Communications in US
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

The best graphic design (and more) software for non-professionals.

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Although Canva is a super simple app, you can create amazing designs; with or without one of their pre-built templates with ease. It offers SSO on Team plans and integrates well with Google Workspace and Microsoft 365.

Cons:

There are still some basic features missing, like drop shadows.

Stephen
Owner in US

Canva is Great for Social Media

Comments: It's not bad for someone with no design experience as long as they are willing to pay more for printing. For the higher cost of printing you could pay a professional such as myself to design for you and print at a lower cost and higher quality. The application is bad for the overall marketing industry because it has lowered the quality standard and impact of advertisements being created by business owners who think they understand marketing, design and printing. I recently said to one of my clients who owns a high end auto detailing business and tried to create some marketing materials on his own, "I don't now how to properly wax and detail my vehicle. I would probably ruin the paint job somehow if I were to do it myself. That's why I hire a professional. I wouldn't expect you to be able to handle a design, print and marketing job either because that's not what you do." In short, stick to what you know and leave the rest to professionals. It will cost you less in the long run.

Pros:

It's very easy to use and offers a ton of design content for free. You don't necessarily need to search outside of Canva for images but you can if you want. It's great for designing simple social banners or marketing materials quickly but there is a catch. They are trying to sell you printing services and their pricing is not competitive with quality printers.

Cons:

I recommend Canva to clients who need to create social media marketing images. I have worked with clients who need me to print postcards, flyers or brochures that they designed on Canva and there are issues. Canva is trying to sell printing services. Their design templates are sized and setup for the printer companies they outsource to. If you design on Canva and download the files to send to a professional printer then those files are not setup correctly and require alterations to be printed. That's if there is room for alterations, but not all designs will allow for easy alteration so therefore the customer is forced to print on Canva at higher costs.

Eldar
Media Editor And Manager in Israel
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Canva is great for fast and good graphic desings

Comments: Canva is great for anyone who needs fast graphic designs on a weekly basis. It's easy and fast to use, and you can start for free.

Pros:

1.Easy to use and intuitive , even for graphic design beginners. 2.Has pre-sized templates for the main social media platforms and common size formats. (Replaced "size templates" with "pre-sized templates" for clarity) 4.Offers a huge library of graphic elements, even in the free version. 5.Includes great auto-tools like background removal, image outlining, and filters.

Cons:

There are some limitations for basic video editing. It's better for presentations, but I would prefer more options to edit videos on a traditional timeline, rather than a "PowerPoint" style method. Multiple users can use the same designs for logos ect.

Chenele
Artist in South Africa
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

Canva is the best!

4.0 last week New

Comments: Canva is a really awesome app to work with! Love the creativity!

Pros:

The fact that you can use different templates and add filters to change and manipulate your pictures designs.

Cons:

There is actually nothing to complain about.

Computer Networking, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Note easy to use in all platforms

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Peach Fuzz edits Magic edits User friendly (PC)

Cons:

It’s not mobile friendly. Easy to for pc and laptop.Complex grading or content creation, may be more challenging or limited on mobile devices.

Design, 2–10 Employees

Best platform for Graphic Design

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I just love Canva. I use it on daily basis. It is very easy to you. You can customize any template very very easily and also create designs from scratch. The templates saves a lot of time and it is a game changer. The "Brand" feature (comes with paid version) is very handy. With just one click, you can apply your brand colors to any template. It saves a lot of time.

Cons:

There is nothing that I don't like about Canva so far. It's the best platform for Graphic Design and it is beginner friendly.

Mirian
Mirian
Secretaria in Brazil
Retail, Self Employed

I like Canva because it's easier to create professional content and designs

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: I use Canva on a daily basis. And the tool makes my job a lot easier. It has plenty of images, graphics, and videos, as well as an easy-to-use editor to create whatever you want.

Pros:

I like Canva because it's very easy and simple to create ads, and it has a lot of features and will activate your creativity.

Cons:

There should be more photos in the free version, and also some images that are better in the paid version. However, I understand that the site has to have a financial return.

Brent
Brent
Director in Australia

A Real Estate Agent's Best Friend

5.0 7 days ago New

Pros:

As a real estate agent, I rely heavily on Canva for creating my social media content. The functionality and ease of use ensure I can always provide great, professional-looking posts. Canva’s intuitive design tools and extensive library of templates, images, and fonts make it easy to produce eye-catching visuals, even with a busy schedule. [sensitive content hidden]

Cons:

Additionally, some premium features and assets require a subscription, which can be a downside if you're looking for a fully free tool.

Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Canva, all-in-one free app for your projects

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It's a great app, easy to use, has excellent features that adds value to the project.

Pros:

As it is a complete free application, it delivers quality service for the projects carried out by it

Cons:

It still has a lot of features that could be released for free

Kendra
Administrative Assistant in US
Consumer Services, 11–50 Employees

Great for small business & personal application!

Comments: Great program to use! Can access anywhere and transfer designs easily to any platform for use or print. Premium version is definitely recommended and affordable for any company or individual looking for a program that offers a variety of use. Company seems to continually improve product and services with new options, images, and designs. Highly recommend!

Pros:

Multiple features and functions. Can create a variety of print and digital media from Facebook posts to printed flyers and postcards. Large selection of details, photos, and fonts to use... in both Free & Premium versions. Easy to use with your own images and templates, easy to customize and use again. Transfers easily from online platform to computer to print shops. Great to use for personal fun, but also a great product for small businesses! Not a bad price either!

Cons:

There are some user interfaces and functions that could be improved upon. Hard to find ways to adjust small details while in the design; cannot adjust individual colors within stickers or fonts, hard to resize the design template unless selected previously, and difficult to manipulate sizes for photos and backgrounds. There are lots of options in the Free version, but for most items you will need the Premium version to get more. Do not be fooled... this is not a replacement for more advanced software programs such as Photoshop or InDesign, but works beyond limited/basic needs for print and digital media.

Michaela
Lead of Talent Acquisition and Marketing Support in US
Printing, 51–200 Employees

Canva is the reason for my marketing career!

Comments: As a Marketing major, you would think I would choose some sort of "fancy" software that cost a lot of money to create marketing material for our company but I have stuck with Canva since my first class project in 2013 to now. Canva is my go to software when I need to get something done quickly but it needs to look clean, crisp and professional. I could go on and on about Canva but to put it simply, if you need to create GREAT marketing material or even if you just want to make something that looks nice just because, this is what you should use!

Pros:

Canva is such an easy product to use and anyone can do it. I'm talking ages 6 years old to 99 years old can figure out how to create something awesome and super professional. I love the layout of Canva and how quickly you can find what you are looking for in the search function. If you are looking for a specific shape graphic to add onto your design, all you have to do is type it in. I also love all of the templates that are offered and that can help spark your creative thinking, especially if you're stuck and can't come up with an idea!

Cons:

There's nothing bad I can say about Canva at all. They even have a mobile app which I use constantly for our social media page!

Rachel
Accountant in US
Airlines/Aviation, 51–200 Employees

Review for Canva

Comments: Canva is an online design tool. Its biggest advantage is that it allows us to make simply and attractive resume, poster, cover of public account, business card, product logo and even flyers, and all of them are for free! I can design very good works just like a professional designer even without professional education, and I could earn extra money when I get freelancing design the job just using Canva

Pros:

Canva allows you to make great images without being a graphic design expert. I have now used it many times to handle simple things, such as organizing cute Instagram pictures to more complex designs for our new marketing materials. If I sound enthusiastic, it is because of me.

Cons:

Event allocation is handled by canvas, but events of replaced content need to be handled by themselves. Relying on expectations, high fidelity cannot be achieved, and performance decreases when canvas is long. And Canva only edit some details in the design, such as movement and auxiliary lines. Sometimes the platform loses the speed.

Kristine
Receptionist in US
Recreational Facilities & Services, 11–50 Employees

You can do it all on CANVA! You are only limited to your imagination.

Comments: Using and becoming familiar with CANVA has been a privilege I'm honored to have. My flyer making skills are now comparable to those who use expensive software's such as Illustrator or Photoshop, without the hassle of having to go through trainings or paying those hefty prices. It has made creating posts for social media so much easier and enjoyable. Editing on CANVA is a breeze, not even Publisher can compare.

Pros:

My job demands flyers, banners and marketing materials to be made daily. You don't need a fancy software to do any of those things, all you need is CANVA. Canva is beyond user friendly. They give you all the tools needed to create any project, right at your fingertips. They are constantly adding new features and improving their old ones. They have plenty of templates to choose from which you can make your own or you can start completely from scratch. Although the paid version obviously has better options when it comes to clipart and different elements, however, there are a ton of free options to choose from that are sometimes just as good! I am constantly recommending CANVA to people in all different lines of work, because it really does work for anyone and anything.

Cons:

The thing I like least about CANVA, which is in no way a deal breaker, is having to pay for the full version in order to have access to the best clipart/elements. However, I have always been able to complete my work and am always pleased with the finished product, all while using the free version.

Ali
Ali
Information Technology Adviser in Azerbaijan
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

A professional online tool for editing photos and generating visual content

Comments: One of the best platforms for managing and editing images under the cloud is that you can easily generate visual content for the websites or social media along the way. Very simple and smartly designed. Provides you with everything you need to edit photos and make changes and add text or create visual content on a web platform. The subscription price is also very small and reasonable.

Pros:

Ready-made templates and sizes are great for social media pages. I create new content every day to generate content and create a new story or post for Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter through Canva. It has never been so easy and fast for me to produce content. The dashboard is very simple and functional on the web, as well as a very professional mobile application. Saving files on the cloud and exporting them to any format is very useful, and I also love the ability to create gifs and animated videos.

Cons:

When editing images through the browser, sometimes some sections do not work well, and if the page is zoomed with the browser, most times it can not be returned to the previous state and the page must be refreshed. Also, the app for the iOS version on the iPad could have had more professional features and is still very beginner and is exactly like the web browser version. But in general, everything in this platform is satisfactory and only these minor issues should be resolved.

Steve
Owner in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

If You're Thinking About Using Canva - Just Do It! It's Amazing!

Comments: Im sure I could go on and on about Canva, heck, I even listed some more positive notes about Canva in the Cons section. But ultimately for me it comes down to the fact that I don't have to sacrifice any quality in my work or flexibility in my deliverables and exports when using Canva. Yet I gain so much time using it and when it comes to professional graphic design thats everything. One project in particular I recently worked on was a series of short videos for ads for a client and the turnaround on those ads was crazy. If I had to make those videos in any other video editing software it would have taken 5 times as long and I probably wouldn't have met the deadlines. However because Canva has made everything so easy to use I was able to crank out videos so quickly and make edits so quickly without compromising quality. And that was HUGE.

Pros:

I honestly have so many "pros" about Canva that I truly don't know where to start. I have been doing graphic design for 15 years now for all types of businesses and all sorts of projects from print to advertising and I typically use the Adobe software options but for the past 2 years Canva has covered just about 98% percent of what I've needed to do. Here are a few highlights that I love, - The templates for sizing on different platforms such as Facebook headers has become indispensable for me - The huge library of stock material that is SO quick and easy to access - They are now including video options - The content/templates/etc. is all very high quality and up to date - They have awesome "moving photos" for social posts. - The way you can resize a design for multiple export options is amazing. I often find myself wanting that in Adobe products. I could keep going. The resizing feature alone was enough for me to use the pro version but everything about Canva is top notch and I always find new things they have added to the platform that make life for a designer so much easier. It is a go-to platform for me and my team.

Cons:

I really don't have much negative to say about Canva. The only thing I can really say negatively about it is the file organization. I wish that was better, however, I may be doing it wrong and there may be a better way. Other than that I honestly have no criticisms about Canva. I mentioned in the "pro's" section that it covers 98% of my designing needs and that last 2% I honestly never expect a product such as Canva to cover because that last 2% for me is the more extreme in depth edits that Photoshop or Illustrator provide and honestly I am 100% okay with that. It does mean I need both platforms to fully do my job but its worth it because Canva has saved me so much time.

Nikk
Founder in US
Photography, 2–10 Employees

More than photo and video editing

Comments: As a photographer I need professional image editing software, Canva fell just a little short but it provides so much more that I utilize on a daily basis.
I created our current logo using Canva and I get compliments all the time. Other business owners ask me where I had it made and would I refer them. I love telling them that I made it myself using Canva.

Pros:

Canva provides many creative services. Create a logo for your business and create advertisements that can be printed or shared on social media. Create data visualization for your own use or to share with team members Edit images - filter, blur, light adjustment, resize, layer, remove or replace background, etc. Edit videos or create your own using the animated library. Any design can be started from a blank slate or with a customizable template. When exporting files users can choose from a variety of formats and destinations. Imported files are stored. I'm always impressed with the libraries and the quality of search and filter. Search Canvas entire library or filter to photos, backgrounds, graphics, charts and graphs, frames, templates, and more.

Cons:

Canva does have great editing tools but they aren't the best available. Video editing specifically could be better. Canva free is restrictive and requires the user to sort through piles of paid items to find free items, no filter.

Elsa
Head of Marketing in Spain
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

I can't recommend it enough

Comments: I use it every day and it might be the most fun part of my days.

Pros:

This is a key tool for my creative team. Social media, flyers, presentations, investor pitches, sales pitches... anything and everything goes through Canva. It is SO easy to use that you need no onboarding. We constantly get congratulated on our designs, and they are most times just templates adapted to our branding. SO many options to choose from, it's great for when you're on a creative rut.

Cons:

Nothing, I absolutely love Canva and cannot recommend it enough.

Real Estate Agent in US

CANVA 2.0: A Step Sideways

Comments: The original Canva 1.0 rates all 5 Stars. Easy to use, easy to see the various templates that beginners/advanced users wanted to find. Easy to select text elements and shapes..
For Canva 2.0? Take away a star across the board (4 stars.). They decided to not leave well enough alone. I can only find two improvements in a product that really didn't need improving, and they left out a notable chance to improve the app, by making image resizing a free, standard feature. That feature has become almost essential in 2018, and making it a premium feature is a shame..
Canva 2.0 buries the most often-used menu items (Shapes/Lines/Charts/Icons/Images) behind an unrelated menu option. If you want shapes, lines, or charts you'll need to click on "images". Then, scroll down the left side of the screen to find the elements you are searching for, and because they are now lumped together, get ready to scroll for awhile.
Despite the improved wider left side menu, using Canva 2.0 is a slower process than before.

Pros:

Canva 2.0 remains the standard of excellence in online graphics creation for beginners through intermediate skill levels. Canva 2.0 widens the left-side margins of the app, allowing images and items you are searching for to appear larger on the desktop version. Once you find the "Find Templates" menu selection, you indeed have a VERY nice selection of graphics templates organized into a wider variety of categories than before. If you peek at the APPS icon in the lower left, you'll see a large selection of great tools such as animation and gif creation, transparent backgrounds, image resizing, larger stock photo library etc., but they require the paid per month subscription.

Cons:

Removal of the template selection screen. Asking the user to guess what the exact template style is by typing in an expression or description of the template, is a needless step backwards, all in pursuit of a cleaner looking interface.. If you want to enter your own design dimensions (say 1280x7200 pixels) the box for that is gone. Yes, FIND TEMPLATES is quietly there on the left side of the screen, but I didn't notice it until I had used Canva 2.0 nearly a dozen times. This could end up being better than Canva 1.0 if they install a guide for newcomers, showing users where they've moved these commonly used tools to.... It's a bit conceited when designers believe their products are so well engineered that they think they need no instructions.

Abigail
Abigail
Founder in Kenya

Easy to use Design Software for all skill levels

Comments: Overall my experience with Canva has been good despite the glitches. It's still a lot easier to use than most design software.

Pros:

Easy to use: I used canva to create social media images, Social media cover pages/headers, PDF presentations and ebook covers(and ebooks). I've also used Adobe spark, Photoshop and Illustrator to do the same thing but Canva is a lot easier to use. Photoshop and Illustrator require some level of experience to figure your way around it when creating designs especially for social media, but Canva comes with lots of templates so all I have to do is select a template and modify it. Mobile App: The Android app has definitely gotten better, at the beginning of the year, it was a bit unstable so I had to use the mobile site which was the most frustrating experience of my life. The app is a lot better now and I use it weekly to create social media images and ebook covers Lots of Design options(Templates): Another thing I like about Canva, especially compared to spark is the number of templates available for each design. For example there are different templates for IG story, Facebook post, Social media image (800x800px), Instagram image (1000x1000px). NO matter how stuck I am design-wise, when I go through their templates I always find something that catches my eyes and suits the concept my client wants. No Branded logo on my final design

Cons:

Limited Logo design options: Technically you can design a logo in Canva, realistically Canva is really not the best place to design a logo as almost all their logo templates look the same. Undo/Redo Design: Maybe I have bad luck but the undo/redo option almost never work on me on the desktop site (It works just fine on the android app). Sometimes when I delete an element either on purpose or accidentally, when I undo it to get the element back, the undo option doesn't work and sometimes takes me much farther than I expected (I've ended up with a blank space more times than I can count). Same with the redo button. Reload design: I'm not talking about times when I'm working on a design and I have to leave my desk for thirty minutes, and when I come back I see the prompt that tells me my last change (or something like that) wasn't saved and I need to reload the design. This has happened so often I always save my design before leaving, But I'm talking about how when I'm working on a design and all of a sudden I'm told the last few seconds were not saved and I need to reload the design. This happens to me at least once every two weeks and ALWAYS on the desktop site and never on the android app. The android app is so stable that once I was working on a design and my data ran out but I continued without any disruption and even when the wifi was turned on there was no prompt to reload my design.

Luis Ignacio
Luis Ignacio
Diseñador gráfico in Venezuela
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

The design for all, the best platform.

Comments: One of the benefits that I have obtained with Canva is the portability that offers me to work, I have been away from home and a client contacts me, thanks to the mobile application of Canva, I have managed to pass a draft to customers who need urgent work . Another benefit is that one of the offices for which I work has implemented Canva as the main tool to change the size of many of the designs I have developed, which gives me more time to serve other clients with greater complexities. It is a graphic resource that I have managed to adapt as an assistant in which my clients leave the ideas that I end up improving to fulfill their interests.

Pros:

As a graphic designer it is an absolute wonder all that Canva has done for many people. In my case, I really liked the possibilities it offers me to provide better care, both to my clients and to the bosses I work with. I like that anyone can take the path to graphic design, I have managed to give classes on how to design using Canva as a basis of work. Also, I like the almost unlimited graphic resources they offer for work. I like very much that based on my designs, my co-workers advance some elements that their departments need. Also, with Canva I can make personalized presentations that give my work a unique style, which has caught the attention of my clients. Another aspect that I liked a lot, is to be able to take my designs, adapting them to new dimensions within the platform, to the universe of social networks, it is amazing.

Cons:

Not at all, it has no negative aspects to highlight, as a graphic designer I have looked for weak elements but so far I do not identify any. On the contrary, it is such an intiutive platform that I even recommend it for the daily use of people.

Josh
Josh
Director of Operations in US

Beautiful Designs Anyone Can Use

Comments: Overall, Canva has been a blessing to our small company. What once took us hours of design work now gets 90% of the way there in less than 10 minutes. This is the definition of business leverage, and I applaud Canva's efforts to make design work easy, fun, and often inspiring. The fact that it's not as flexible as, say, Adobe Illustrator, is admittedly an apples-to-oranges criticism. The iLife comparison above is an apt one, as it empowers the 99% of the population who want to be able to create really nice designs without having to rely on niche industry-specific software. Canva is to design as iMovie was to video editing—it democratizes the field and allows anyone to look like professionals to the average consumer. This is nothing short of magic and Canva is invaluable to our business as a result.

Pros:

Simply put, Canva makes anyone look like a design rockstar. In our industry (real estate), it's shocking how ubiquitous Canva has become in less than 5 years, and that is 100% attributable to the fact that it's easy to use and comes stock with hundreds of pieces of design inspiration. It's not often that you can a single piece of software raises the bar for small business advertising and marketing, but Canva definitely fits that bill.

Cons:

The flip side of raising the bar is that, well, the bar for quality is now raised and Canva isn't always the best about helping its users rise above this new "average." For instance, the pre-built designs are so good that you see them everywhere now, and you can spot a "Canva-like" design a hundred yards away. This wouldn't be a problem, except that Canva actually makes it hard to customize designs too much. I know that's a strange thing to say since, literally, you can customize any part of a Canva design, but the software seems to fight you every step of the way. I suppose, in a way, this too is by design. Canva takes its inspiration from early Apple iLife suite of software (iMovie, iDVD, iPhoto, Garage Band, etc)—you can make some awesome stuff in 5-30 minutes, so long as you're willing to conform your design vision to theirs. Going beyond that surface level of customization, you'll begin wrestling with the software and get diminishing returns.

Dysiree
Dysiree
Executive manager in Canada
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

CANVA the Holy Grail

Comments: I really had a great experience using this software and I think I will continue to use it until somethingbetter than canva comes up. But for now, Canva for me is more than enough.

Pros:

I have been using this software for our email campaigns, my personal resume, flyers, training materials, business cards and even logo... I would say that CANVA for me is just the cream of the crop among other softwares that provide same service. -- The software is very easy to use, and when I say easy I meant very easy. It is perfect for beginners or even for people who are not that artistic but would like to have their campaign materials, resumes , business cards or other document to be professional looking. -- The free trial of the software is enough, but for higher quality and more premium tools, the price is reasonable considering your end product. -- They have everything readily available for you , from templates to sizes of docs. and everything else, and if you wanted to make it more personalized you can do it to some extent is still free of charge. -- The output can be downloaded in different formats and in different quality depending on your taste. -- It saves everything from where you left off. -- You can access it on your phone, tablet and computer which is very convenient. It is just so perfect for me.

Cons:

-- First, the customer service is good however, they can only be contacted through twitter and facebook and I think it is more convenient to have a customer service support through phone. -- There is no option to add video clips. It would really be a plus to have this option. -- Limited free options, specially with the image quality. -- If you are working with a team member, there is no way for you to collaborate on same account. Unless you email each other or talk in person. It would be great to be able to leave a note, or a simple chat box for communication purpose between team members.

Ian
Ian
Head of Product in US
Internet, 2–10 Employees

Just the right balance of power and control and ease

Comments: I really enjoy being able to create marketing assets quickly and Canva has nailed the feeling of "play" with their library of assets. I've mostly used Canva to produce banners (digital, not physical) for ad campaigns and t-shirts. In writing this review I just learned they have menus as a template type and videos so I'm likely to try working with those asset types soon.

Pros:

A lot of products in the "design for non-designers" category have the problem of not allowing enough flexibility. They pin the user in with too few choices and restrictions so that every design (logo, banner, etc.) that you make ends up feeling too similar and not inspired, not YOUR creation. Canva is exceptional in that it makes it easy and fun to try LOTS of different designs, providing you with just the right assets to try a lot of different designs. It's still easy enough that you don't feel like you have to struggle or read a lot of how-to guides to get started but it's flexible enough that when you've created something, it feels like it's really yours (and not just a couple template options that you picked from). It's very handy for creating assets like logos, banners, t-shirts, etc. when you need something quick and when you don't have a professional designer resource. Great for home businesses working on marketing assets or startups where a CEO or product or marketing person needs to jump in and produce a few assets for a campaign, merchandise, etc.

Cons:

This is more of a limitation than a negative comment about the product: Canva has a LOT of template types, including videos and menus (for restaurants) but they do NOT (as of Mar 28, 2020) appear to have a few key types like screenshots (i.e. for app stores) and their videos don't allow you to superimpose a graphic or video within the scene. I bring these two cases up because it's a very common need for a small business that produces apps to create promotional screenshots (the type where the screenshot is surrounded by marketing text) and promotional videos demoing their app content. For cases like this you'll have to look at https://biteable.com/ (for promo videos) and https://theapplaunchpad.com/ (for screenshot generators).

Andrew
Andrew
CEO in UK
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Canva: Quick and easy to use

Comments: I find this an invaluable tool for running our organisation. It vastly simplifies graphics creation and speeds up the process. But I consider it an addition to something like Photoshop or Pixelmator Pro, rather than a replacement.

Pros:

This is a really great tool for creating simple and repeatable designs. We have used it to create social media posts, flyers, and even our annual report. There are many things I like about Canva: * There is a good library of free-to-use graphics and clip-art. The pro-version (reasonably priced) now includes the right to use every stock-footage photo and asset on the site. * It is so intuitive and easy to use. I have used Photoshop and Pixelmator on the Mac and although they are very powerful they have a difficult learning curve - Canva does not have all those features, but you can get many (most?) tasks done quickly and with no training. * It is very template driven, so you can work from existing templates that they provide, or create your own template to use. We designed a template for our social media posts and can now adapt and reuse it very simply. * You can upload your logo and the corporate colours you use with your brand and they are stored in the site and easily accessible every time you create something * All of your work is stored and conducted online. There is no software to install! You can always find your work. You never lose your work. * You can export your work in a variety of formats - including with a bleed and crop marks for commercial printing. I've had items printed professionally and they have looked spectacular.

Cons:

* The system is not good at giving you pixel perfect control. There are no rulers that I have discovered in the system - this is frustrating if you need some elements of the design to be in exactly the right place. This has not stopped us creating printed matter, but it is sometimes frustrating. * There are occasionally tasks that I cannot do in Canva and need to resort to other applications to do, for example removing the background from an image through a custom crop.