Google Workspace Reviews

4.7 (12,229) Write a Review!

About Google Workspace

Google Workspace is how teams of all sizes connect, create, and collaborate — to drive innovation from any device, and any location.

Learn more about Google Workspace

Pros:

Customer support is good and in some plans you have priority support services. The collaboration is the most transparent possible, work agility is better than with other solutions.

Cons:

It can be frustrating when there are features that are available in MS Suite that GSuite does not have. They are few and far in between, but once in a while it does frustrate you.

Google Workspace ratings

4.2

9.0/10

Google Workspace has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 12,229 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Google Workspace before?

Filter reviews (12,229)

Joel
Joel
Manager in Australia
Staffing & Recruiting, 51-200 Employees

Google Making my life easier

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Being able to integrate into everything else and since I'm a chrome user the options for extensions into other platforms makes it a no brainer.

Cons:

Coming from an MS environment it takes a bit to change but that is more user error than the tool itself.

Skyler
Content Writer in US
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

Google Workspace is the perfect tool to run your online business

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: My experience with Google Workspace has been great. It has allowed me to have a more professional presence for my freelance writing business with a custom email address for my website, as well as to be able to collaborate on files with clients instead of just from a regular gmail account. The extra Google Drive storage space is a nice bonus too.

Pros:

The main reason I subscribed to Google Workspace was to get a custom email address for my domain and to be able to use it in Gmail. I also like the additional Google Drive storage space, as well as use the collaboration and sharing features to deliver all my client work in Google Docs and Google Drive.

Cons:

There is honestly nothing that I don't like about Google Workspace. At times it can be a bit confusing to navigate through menus to find what I am specifically looking for. But with a quick Google search I can find it.

Diane
Paralegal in US
Law Practice, 11-50 Employees

I prefer the Google workspace calendar

3.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: This is a very well made software and one of the easiest to use I've ever encountered, it has some great unique qualities.
With that being said, none of this matters if you need to use it offline or if you need advanced document management. It's just such a shame and I hope these problems are addressed soon!

Pros:

In terms of actually using the software this one scores very high. It was so simple to figure out and use in a way that actually helps my work day. The calendar is by far my most valued feature. I have had a lot of problems finding a properly working calendar that will sync as it should, this one is great. Google workspace is accessible no matter where you are or what type of device you're using. It combines so many things into one software and can be used for many different purposes.

Cons:

The main problem is that it is only web based.. if you don't have an internet connection this software is moot. I cannot understand why they wouldn't make a version that works offline. At least for the simple functions.. it's not practical at all. The document features aren't as strong as we need either.

Sandy
Information Systems Support Staff in US

Google Workspace Software Review

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Personally, I would highly reccomend Google Workspace software with how easy all the Google Business software is to use within creating, uploading, downloading and editing any types of files and saving the files within the Google Drive which is easy to use.

Pros:

The pros of using Google Workspace is being able to access and create files from within any location with using either a smartphone, a computer desktop or a laptop and then to store your files within the secure cloud storage. With the top security of files within using Google Drive, you can control who can see your files, or download and change your files. Another major benefit is working on files with other co-workers at the time you are creating the files and being able to chat with the other co-workers at that same time and then saving your files within the cloud storage to where the files can be stored for remote users to access the needed files at any given time .

Cons:

One of the biggest cons of Google Workspace software is that there are less advanced document task features within Google Documents compared to Microsoft Office Word software or Apple Document software. With comparing the prices of the Google Workspace software to Microsoft Office software, the price is more expensive.

Business Owner in Australia

Gsuite / Google Workspace

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

I love the accessibility of using Google workspace for file, email and calendar management. I can easily access these items from anywhere, on any device, which means my business is available to me at ease, no matter where I am. It also means I don't need to worry about my devices breaking down and losing data, as everything we do is saved on our Google workspace account, and all our files saved to the cloud using Google File Stream.

Cons:

Setup can be a bit tricky if you are not very tech savvy - so it may pay to have someone help you do this, or utilise the live chat support who are mostly very helpful. We offer this service to our customers as they often find it a bit overwhelming to get set up.

Mentor in US

Google Workspace for Businesses

5.0 last month New

Comments: Our Overall Experience with Google Workspace has been excellent no issues

Pros:

Google Workspace is an excellent Cloud-based Workspace for businesses, provides all the tools and capabilities needed for any business

Cons:

The pricing model can be made competitive

Hamit
Hamit
Marketing Manager in Turkey
Broadcast Media, 11-50 Employees

Easy to use and really good

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: We are using it for emailing, storage, and meetings. I really like it.

Pros:

ıt is very easy to use. This is the best part I think

Cons:

The management panel would be better designed.

Bennaire
Bennaire
Editor in US
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

Workspace helps me be more professional.

4.0 last month New

Comments: My experience with Google workspace has been to use it to develop my business website and to manage my company email.

Pros:

I like the ability to have a unique domain and company email.

Cons:

What I like the least is the heavy tech verbiage without an explanation as to what all of it means.

Daniel
Law Practice, Self Employed

The Perfect Tech Alternative to Traditional Systems

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Because Workspace is fully integrated with all other Google products, including its search engine, the overall experience has been one of ease & simplicity in terms of getting everything set up and being able to rely on it. I am able to have my phone system (via Google Voice for Business), my email (via Gmail), my website domain (via Google Domains), etc. all in one place, with the ability to easily manage users, payments, and adding/removing services. This makes it easy enough to focus on the business with all of that phone/email/web stuff being handled in one Admin panel on Workspace.

Pros:

I began using Google Workspace right from the start of a small/solo law firm. The pricing structure allows a complete communication system from the beginning with costs that grow with the business. This has allowed me to setup a desk phone system in the office and have dependable professional email with the ease of use of the free Gmail accounts I am used to.

Cons:

While Workspace is great as a small business, it seems like it might cost more than most systems if used for a larger number of users. And that's where Workspace can be tricky. Every user needs a license for anything the user does, and admin must assign those licenses, and each license can cost more in monthly charges. This seems to make it inevitable that it will reach a point where other solutions may save time and money. So, the least liked thing about Workspace is that it seems to be very easy to setup but almost impossible to leave/transfer. This creates a fear that I'll be stuck with Workspace even if it becomes more costly as the business grows.

Kaela
Chief Operating Officer in US
Human Resources, 2-10 Employees

10/10 Recommend!

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: My overall experience with Google is amazing, 10 out of 10 experience. Google allows us to communicate with our clients, our team and track analytics. I love the aesthetics of Google Workspace. The dashboards are so clean cut they benefit my psychology when performing tasks. I truly love Google Workspace and would not consider another alternative.

Pros:

The features most used with Google Workspace are email monitoring, calendar management, scheduling, video and audio conferencing, secure data storage, Google Sheets, and Google Docs. These features are at the core of our business operations and without them, we would not be profitable.

Cons:

The only feature that I would love for Google to add to their products/features is a Microsoft Sharepoint equivalent. I have not found a sufficient Sharepoint equivalent with Google Workspace.

Jem Carlo
IT Manager in Micronesia
Banking, 11-50 Employees

Google Workspace Review

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: The features across all media platform is what I like the most. It is like owning a regular Google account but with a Pro version and more features. I do have numerous personal Google accounts that are linked to all my social media accounts. Meaning to say, I am quite used to the environment of the Google platform which made it easier for myself and the whole organization to transition to the Google Workspace.

Pros:

The product is easy to use. The purpose of purchasing Google around 8 years ago was for GMAIL. Since then with the new transition of Google Workspace from Google Suite, new products such as the Drive, Docs, Sheets, Meet, and Chat became very helpful to our organization.

Cons:

There are times when the Google server is down, we are unable to access any of the product. The cost of $144 per user should be acceptable as the Workspace offers more than what is expected.

Betsy
Photography, Self Employed

Pro level Gmail for single or multi users

4.0 last month New

Comments: I've used Google workspace since it was google suites, and was a legacy suites user as well. So I've been using the software for a while. When they transitioned away from the free legacy accounts, Google was very upfront and fair about the transition options, which I appreciated. I have been satisfied with my use of Google workspace -- for the most part. Recently, I tried to implement the appointment scheduling tool (not to be confused with the older and archaic "slots" tool). I was excited to use the tool based on my initial first impressions, so switched from the business starter to the business standard subscription. But once I got deeper into setting things up, I discovered that the tool was very limited and would not accomplish what I had been doing in Calendly. I have 8 calendars that need to be accounted for when offering available appointment times. As it is set up (June 2022) -- the tool only accounts for the primary calendar -- none of the others. This is very problematic and made the whole tool useless for my purposes. After a lengthy spell of chats with multiple levels of chat support, they claimed they were still working to resolve my issue -- but I had enough and asked to be reverted to my previous subscription level. That itself required chat support to authorize, which was taken care of. But an unfortunate side effect was that I lost my discount. Chat support told me I had to talk to the sales department to get that taken care of. Makes no sense

Pros:

I like that it allows me to use my domain's email -- and that the email is gmail so the structure is familiar -- and email inboxes are more likely to allow my emails to arrive (rather than ending up in the inbox).

Cons:

The calendar appointment scheduling tool has a huge flaw -- it is limited to the primary calendar only. And this is not noted anywhere. You need to be able to account for multiple calendars.

Marketing Professional in Canada
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

The best!

Comments: Fantastic and I always suggest to anyone who asks me about it.

Pros:

I use email, spreadsheet, chat, drive, calendar, and keep every single day and I love them all. Of course they could come up with more video tutorials and more educational contents for Google Workspace but still good enough. It's been like 12 years I am using Gsuite legacy and Google Workspace, I cannot imagine using other services at this time. Email app is the same as Gmail, very easy to use and soooo many apps and chrome extensions that makes you use email app. Sheets are fantastic, no need to use excel anymore.

Cons:

Calendar's interface is too big and when we integrate it to other softwares such as High Level, we have to scroll up and down to see the whole day schedule. My clients often complain about this issue. Forms could be smaller in height and more easy to understand. Sites are actually bad!

Jared
CMO in US

Google Workspace Review

Comments: As a power user, I find it helpful that I'm able to get a lot of things done in a short amount of time without dealing with a lot of back end or support issues because the downtime is rare if minimal and I can access my files offline if needed. Additionally, I'm not limited with my storage capacity or feeling like it's a separate process then just getting all functionality that I need.

Pros:

I'm able to do a lot more functionality in regards to my business and bring collaboration with every partner I work with.

Cons:

The only issues I have is it doesn't integrate my calling or texting and it's a separate feature with Google so that I would have to share things separately instead of simultaneously.

Joshin
Administrator in Canada
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees

All In One Solutions

Pros:

They have all products which we need for our day-to-day business: email, online drive, calendar, google sheet, google meet.

Cons:

I really wish they could have developed an app or software for PC to open google documents that are downloaded. Also, to add an option to import other fonts that are not available on google.

Ava
Ava
Software Development Engineer in US
Wireless, 10,000+ Employees

Perfect set of tools to simplify your workflow and increase productivity.

Comments: Using Google Workspace has allowed great benefits, one of the main ones being increased productivity, because being able to access different tools from a single place helps to simplify the workflow, thanks to the fact that it is possible to have stable communication and enjoyable, that is, being able to make videoconferences allows explaining ideas or project development much easier, being able to share files quickly and even edit them at the same time is a time saver and the meaning of moving fast, since it counts with the advantage of different people working on the same document and this without any concern of leaking information or data because the administrator can decide who to grant access to.

Pros:

I like this set of Google tools because it is an effective and easy way to quickly access my work and share it with my clients or colleagues, whether it is to collaborate or simply to share files that are useful. For example, if you are working on the planning of a project through a document, all the members of the project can contribute ideas or modify them, making said action be carried out by all, that is, we can all work on the same document and a once finished, share it quickly or simply upload it to Google Drive in case of any inconvenience to be able to recover it quickly. Google Workspace runs in the cloud, which saves us time and not having to worry about having to save every change made to a document, because they are saved in real time. Its use is simple, so any user can quickly adapt to handling each of the tools, since it provides a very simplified user experience. Most of the tools offered have been used by practically everyone, such as Gmail to write emails, Drive used to store documents that, being in the cloud, facilitate our online workflow, Meet is widely used for conversations with work team members and facilitates understanding regardless of the location of each one. In general, it helps us to simplify the work because it makes possible a more pleasant communication as well as being able to collaborate directly on projects and share documents, giving us the priority of deciding who can access them, which also keeps the security of the information.

Cons:

It is not easy to talk about some aspect that I do not like about this series of tools, but I have observed that its price can be somewhat high, in addition to being a set of tools based on the cloud, it requires a good connection to the Internet or for the on the contrary, having a Chrome extension to be able to access offline and make the respective configurations for its use, this can take time and knowledge, so in case of any doubt, accessing the support team is the best solution.

CEO in Brazil
Investment Management Software, 2-10 Employees

The best workspace on the market

Comments: It is worth it. Technical feedback I can give several. But I believe that what will help the most here is knowing that you have a client here with peace of mind. It works!

Pros:

There are many points in favor. The familiarity. The ease of configuration. The ease of operation. The benefits that the integration of so many crucial services in just one environment brings. The customer service. The fair values (although after the change in plans they made, if I'm not mistaken in 2018, they put features like full control of Android phones only on the most expensive plan, something we don't need. This also goes to a negative point , they could have a pricing format with greater simplicity of on-demand.) Anyway, I know that there are some other companies with similar packages, like Zoho. But stick with the state of the art. Choose Google and complete with ClickUp for example.

Cons:

They're not perfect, but oddly enough it's difficult to find cons. Something I mentioned in the positive points that is also negative: they put features like full control of Android phones only on the most expensive plan, something we don't need. Only the cell phone control. They could have a pricing format with greater simplicity of on-demand. And the onboarding process (which they don't actually have) but at least an initial guide to help in the general understanding of the tool. You need to be a very light user to have great difficulties. But in order to intelligently connect the dots of the entire implementation, initial knowledge is necessary so that we do not under-use the tool or have rework.

Jonathan
Management Consulting, Self Employed

Great product & service that everyone seems to use

Comments: I run a consulting company, so my Google Workspace runs my entire business. I use it daily for all calendar, email, tasks, communication, and document management. Overall I'm very happy with the product, it's reasonably priced and I recommend it.

Pros:

Ease of usage and everyone uses it. Google Workspace is almost universally used by companies, so the platform is easy to understand, clearly offered, and help is generally good, as long as you comply with all of their rules. Break any rules and you're out of luck!

Cons:

Help sections are clear and informative. Appealing a rule breakage is next to impossible to overturn, but overall the service and the features are fantastic.

Paolo
Software Engineer in Italy
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees

Hub of the best collaboration apps

Comments: The experience with G-Workspace is truly complete, it allowed us to have an integrated system for documents and a respectable mail manager. I highly recommend it

Pros:

As far as I'm concerned, the central fulcrum or even better the foundations to talk about first is the email management of the personal mailbox which has achieved integration and ease of use on any device in recent years. In particular, the G-Workspace Standard profile from this year allows to have the capacity of each mailbox practically unlimited. The search speed of an email in this case becomes very important as a performance indicator and G-mail responds to requests with speed in real time. Impressive. This unlimited space is always shared with the other apps of the G-Workspace suite and the new function that allows each user to have a shareable disk for document exchange with colleagues, giving the rights to each user who can access a sort of network disk. released from its own network infrastructure and very simple management. Also with Meet it is possible to record the calls to save them on the drive and listen to them again, all always under the security that google provides.

Cons:

The suite is sufficiently complete, simple to use but sometimes they seem really too many to manage and this leads you to choose the main ones. What I always find difficult is the possibility of synchronizing G-mail contacts with other mail clients, for example. In this case G-Workspace does not provide recent tools and is a very requested aspect, for example by ours salesmen

Shazia
Biology Teacher, Co-ordinator in India
Higher Education Software, 51-200 Employees

Google Workspace is the most versatile collaboration platform that is easy and cost-effective

Comments: With the implementation of Google Workpace, we were able to work remotely from our homes. The applications provided are very easy to use so there was no learning curve for us. Due to the pandemic, we faced various communication and collaboration barriers and we were able to solve it completely with the implementation of Google Workspce. It is the only platform that we need to connect, communicate, create and collaborate on documents seamlessly over the web

Pros:

1) The most favourable feature of Google Workspace is the easy to use user interface of the provided applications. 2) I like the wide range of collaboration features that the product provides. I can seamlessly collaborate on files, documents, spreadsheets, PowerPoint and Google Drive files. 3) The custom work domain that Google Workspace provides gives professionalism to email addresses. 4) The Google Chat app which is also integrated in Gmail is very helpful for connecting and communicating with my colleagues remotely from my home. 5) Unlimited storage is provided to every user in Google Drive and there's no limit on the file size and type that can be stored. 6) Google Workspace also provides unlimited time for Google Meet meetings with various features like recording. 7) Apart from these, there are unlimited features of Google Workspace that will help you in creating a seamless virtual workpace and ease remote communication and collaboration during this pandemic.

Cons:

I wish more in-built templates could be provided for PowerPoint and Spreadsheets so the document creation process could be even more simple. I would also love to see a variety of pricing plans with lesser price for few features in some plans as all of the features of Google Workpace are not used in our school. Rest everything is perfect and Google Workspce is worth its price.

Stephanie
Stephanie
Business Owner in US
Online Media, 2-10 Employees

Smooth, Scheduled Workdays

Comments: As I stated earlier, I'm so proud of what I've built and what I've accomplished through my online business. I have come so far and I genuinely wanted to rate Google Workspace because it's become so critical to me. I depend on it like I do my doctor. It tells me when my appointments are, when a file is done copying, & so forth. Thank you Google.

Pros:

I am habitually lazy and I procrastinate worse than anyone I know but ever since I've started my own business, I've been able to keep those habits at bay thanks to software like Google Worspace. I LOVE the calendar, the real-time updates, collaboration, third-party integration, & especially task management. Without that, my business is lost. We use this software hourly. It's critical to my business!

Cons:

I feel like they could make it more simple to work offline with your documents. There isn't exactly a moment I'm offline generally, but there are sometimes unexpected outages. Either way, there's really nothing negative I have to say about this software.

Jessica
Freelancer in US
Education Management, Self Employed

Amazing Product

Pros:

Google Workspace is a phenomenal office suite programming that permits clients to work from a distance from anyplace. Google Workspace is a heap of any remaining applications by Google in a solitary stage that permits fast access, simple correspondence, and great gathering work highlights. One of the essential champions of Google Workspace is Gmail, which gives the best email administration today. Gmail is speedy, guaranteeing that your messages are shipped off the assigned individuals right away. The security in Gmail is first rate with advance notice messages shipped off your substitute email or telephone number assuming there's any effort to sign into your record on an alternate PC, telephone, or IP address. Gmail gives a simple format to compose messages on and accompanies worked in autocorrect, autocomplete, and word ideas to assist you with outlining your sentences for messages, formal and casual. Like any email administration, you can append records to your message, yet Gmail permits simple means to sidestep as far as possible because of its association with Google Drive. Assuming your record connection surpasses as far as possible, Gmail will naturally transfer your document to your Google Drive and remember the URL of the record for its place for the beneficiary to get to it. Gmail accompanies fast admittance to Hangouts in the sidebar, utilizing which you can have virtual video meetings with your contacts or group. You can have one-on-one talks and calls or welcome

Cons:

I despise nothing about Google Workspace or Gmail. In any case, I wish it was free so that it'd be more open to a more extensive client base. OpenOffice, in correlation, is free and open-source with incredible elements that Google Workspace can adjust.

Abdul
Abdul
Sr. Officer - QA in Bangladesh
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501-1,000 Employees

All tools together - Work from anywhere.

Comments: Made life easier, converted stressful works into fun activities, keeps me up-to-date everywhere, and accompanies me to complete my tasks successfully. Amazing handy tool by Google, Well Done!!

Pros:

Due to Covid Work from Home strategy, like everyone else, our whole company management staff had to maintain daily communications through Outlook, Zoom, Whatsapp, Gmail, and so many other sites. What a distressing and daunting task it was! Life was getting frustrating and the virtual office environment was getting hostile - as everyone was going through the same technical dilemma. Then boom! One day we were introduced to Google Workspace by our IT people for our official domain and believe me, I have never felt so relieved by any other technical networking features. We were all provided with 30GB of space, Meeting and Chat Options, Schedule Sending (THE BEST FEATURE EVER), Calendar, Status add option, Create Space, Drive, and so on, all integrated into this Google Workspace. It also suggests people just by typing their names in the whole company organogram and can also be used as a project management tool. Assign works and mark calendars, take notes and share big files without network jamming - It really feels like a dream come true scenario.

Cons:

Although Google Workspace is awesome, I still feel comfortable using Outlook for mail compilation - maybe because of Outlook's simple appearances and add-ins. For example, I can make mail body full screen and add Microsoft word features easily. Small features like adding a table or inserting special characters go a long way in the road of satisfaction. Anyhow, I have synchronized Google Workspace with Outlook and now I can send and receive my essentials from both platforms, easily.

Enaan
Enaan
Digital Marketing Executive in Bangladesh

A great business collaboration tool

Comments: Google Workspace has been an amazing asset to my business. The apps are user-friendly and the collaboration tools are top-notch. I love the ability to easily share files and communicate with my team members. The pricing is also very affordable. The business apps integration is also a great feature - you can easily access your email, calendar, and contacts from within the workspace. Overall, I've found Google Workspace to be a great tool for business collaboration.

Pros:

Google Workspace is the most complete way to work from anywhere specifically when you have to work both from home and office. Google Workspace includes Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Sheets and Slides. I can use all these services from one place with a single login. It's saves a huge time. I can work with others team mate at the same time on the same document and see their changes in real time.

Cons:

It is little bit hard to configure for the first time if you are not a tech savvy guys.

Akshay
Editor-In-Chief in US
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees

The solution for every business

Comments: It has completely transformed the way I work online. I have purchased licenses of Google Workspace under the Business Plus edition for every domain I own online. It just clicks into my habits. Previous solutions that we used for email clients were self-hosted and it was such a headache, especially with config issues arising almost all the time. Google Workspace and their smart filters and functions are just what I need to be successful.

Pros:

Google Workspace has completely transformed our productivity levels in our organization. Without Google Workspace, we couldn't even imagine how it would be. From Gmail to Google Drive, to Google Docs to Google Sheets, we have incorporated every single productivity app from this suite in our work. I really like how easy it is to use, and this itself can be a single point to determine whether to get something or not nowadays. With just a tap, I remember I was able to set up Gmail with our domain, thanks to the pre-existing integration with the provider.

Cons:

There is nothing I dislike about the software. One thing, I would like if they offered some desktop solutions.