15 years helping Israeli businesses

DownNotifier.com Reviews

About DownNotifier.com

Free website monitoring tool that sends alerts when your website is down.

Learn more about DownNotifier.com

Pros:

With the premium service it monitors the site every minutes and it can handle sites with SSL certificate. I can set up a limit for the number of alerts I want to receive during a time window.

Cons:

Sometimes there's a delay of up to 1 day to hear your site is back up, but that's probably more a limitation of DNS propagation or something.

DownNotifier.com ratings

4.9
4.5
4.5
4.8

9.2/10

DownNotifier.com has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 90 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used DownNotifier.com before?

Damilola
Damilola
Manager in Nigeria
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

DownNotifier

Pros:

As a blogger and a web designer, getting update about my website and customer website is top priority for me because I don't really like when a visitor or blog reader contact me that my website/blog is not loading on phone properly or it is not loading at all, I feel concerned because what it means is that I am losing page views and increasing bounce rate, so someone introduced DownNotifier to me, then I signed up for free account, I really like their service that I had to upgrade, they save my web space a lot of times, their notification system is immediate.

Cons:

DownNotifier is an amazing program, for now I totally enjoy their service that I can't really figure out a bad side of their service

Mike
Mike
CEO in Canada

The Smartest And Easiest Way To Monitor Websites

Comments: DownNotifier.com is the simplest and most efficient way to monitor the performance of our websites. It keeps the up-time of our websites up to date and provides security with checks every minute. DownNotifier.com is reliable and easy to use. It is easy to monitor many websites and URLs. We know immediately and directly if one of our websites has a problem.

Pros:

The registration process for DownNotifier.com was simple and quick. It has the ability to monitor multiple websites. Your website is checked every minute.

Cons:

There was no insight given into the underlying error when your website goes down which was the only negative.

Jason
CTO in Canada
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Need to control origin of test

Comments: See above.

Pros:

It’s free and simple to use. That’s about it.

Cons:

Main issue is you can’t restrict tests to specific regions. With various motivations for blocking the EU, I get outrage notifications when tests originate there. It doesn’t even tell you the location of the test when a problem is found. It also should give more information on the problem. Sometimes it reports an error and sometimes it doesn’t. I run multiple down notifiers and this one seems to have a lot of false positives.

Bob
Bob
President in US
Computer Networking, 2–10 Employees

Just what i needed

Comments: A few times my data center has had ISP outages and i knew instantly. Times when i have rebooted my server, i got a down notification which makes me feel good that if its down for an unknown reason, i will know right away.

Pros:

I have a server in a data center. I cant watch them all the time, so being able to receive email and text notifications instantly when the data center is having a problem and my server cant be seen is critical. This is an affordable solution that has worked every time!

Cons:

No complaints at all. Everything has been working great.

Dotun
Web Manager / IT Support in UK
Hospitality, 51–200 Employees

A Fast, Quick Notifier

Pros:

To get the best of the website, you need to get the premium package. But it is easy to use, and when your website is down it tells you the cause. It records the history of your uptime and downtime throughout the year. You can also change the time interval on how many requests you want Downnotifier to ping your website. From every 20 seconds to an hour. Personally, every 20 secs is a bit extreme so I'm using 10 minutes per ping. An e-mail is sent your mailbox whenever your website is down. You can add multiple e-mail accounts on where you want them to send it to. You can even receive SMS alerts! Personally I never use it, but it's nice to have.

Cons:

It's missing something like a Public Status Page. If the website is down, I want customers to know the status on what's happening and we are aware. Or for them to check if the website is really down or it's just them.

Svetla
Svetla
Marketing manager in Bulgaria
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Super easy and works great

Comments: Easy to setup and reliable tool for website uptime monitoring

Pros:

Great tool to get notified about website downtime. Using it to monitor the uptime of our site and reach the hosting in case of issues. Very easy to configure, notifications very flexible to set up and integrate with any communication channels. Have not used any advanced functionality, uptime monitoring works great so far!

Cons:

Nothing not to like, does what we need it to do.

Sandeep
Sandeep
Software Engineer in India
, 11–50 Employees

This is awesome service . very helpful to give 100% uptime to user

Pros:

I like email notification when server down. so no need to monitor server daily. thank to down notifire

Cons:

The error which are given by this down notifire is not proper. it should provide analytics and solution for server down

Cornel
Cornel
Managing Director in Romania
Graphic Design Software, 2–10 Employees

Simple and effective!

Pros:

I love the fact that they do exactly what they advert. I use their service to monitor my websites downtime and to alert me in case of any problems. I always got their alters and I always managed to resolve problems without affecting my clients experiences on my platforms.

Cons:

Maybe they should offer additional services.

Dan
Dan
Freelance Drupal Delevoper in South Korea
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Easy to use and alerts when sites go down

Pros:

DownNotifier.com is great because it easily lets me know as soon as one of my websites is offline or unavailable. It also lets me know when the come back online. I highly recommend anyone who manages a website to use this service!!

Cons:

DownNotifier.com does everything I want it to do, and it does it well. No cons.

Kevin
Kevin
President in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

DownNotifier.com is a lifesaver!

Comments: Again, I wouldn't go without it ever again. Great service!

Pros:

If you are experiencing any trouble with your website or server, this is a MUST! Even if you don't have trouble now, get alerts if your site goes down in the future!

Cons:

No issues at all! Easy to use, setup, and manage!

Cor-Paul
Assistant Professor in Canada
Research, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Extremely helpful little tool to be notified of downtime of a website

Pros:

We had some issues with the power supply of a server, resulting in intermittent shutdowns. DownNotifier allowed us to map the downtime which greatly helped with keeping track of the problem and deciding whether the problem was structural.

Cons:

Because the notification is immediate you are being put to work at unexpected hours ;)

Rob
Software Engineer in Netherlands

Outstanding service.

Comments: Faster response on downtime

Pros:

It's free and keeps me up-to-date about the uptime of my servers and about the servers of my customers. I use down notifier as a fail safe for my other uptime checker.

Cons:

Free version doesn't give you al the details of the uptime of your server/website. Would like to see a graph added to it so i can check the number of times it went down and for how long.

Ben
Software Engineer in US

I use the free product. It notified me immediately when an Apache upgrade went awry.

Pros:

It is easy to use and works well. The checking frequency is fast, I think my site was down for around a minute before being alerted.

Cons:

It would be have more alerting options. I happened to be on my email when my site went down, but hooking into PagerDuty would be nice.

Darryl
Product Analyst in Singapore
Banking, 10,000+ Employees

Simple idea executed perfectly

Comments: I rely on downnotifier entirely whenever I make changes to a test server configuration. I make a change and then wait to see if any sites go down, then I know if I've done something wrong.

Pros:

Provides a valuable service, very quick and easy to set up, always reliable

Allan
Webmaster in US
Maritime, 2–10 Employees

GoDaddy User

Comments: Helps keep our website from being down for more than a few hours

Pros:

Always alerts me when our site goes down - which happens WAY too frequently

Cons:

There are no features that I don't like - works very reliably

Duncan
Web Developer in UK
Computer Software, Self Employed

Great for what you get

Comments: I get to know when my sites are down and within seconds I can be on fixing them.

Pros:

The free version is extremely fast and just works. Email reporting is awesome and works like a charm.

Cons:

There are sometimes issues with accounts and adding or verifying sites. Apart from that it's a really good service.

DownNotifier.com Response

6 years ago

Hi Duncan, About your feedback about adding or verifying sites: we improved this in the last couple of month. Thank you for your review, Martin de Vries DownNotifier.com support

saurav
saurav
Developer in India
Online Media, 2–10 Employees

Does the work

Pros:

I found about Downnotifier.com when i needed a monitoring website for my vps, after that day its my good to go friend.

Cons:

UI looks bit of outdated, needs refresh.

Mark
Owner in US
Computer Software, Self Employed

Great Free Product

Pros:

Love how easy it is to have your site monitored for downtime.

Cons:

Not many options on free version. But I get what I expect for being free.

Matt
Manager in Canada
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Impressive

Comments: Great

Pros:

Email notifications when a website was down.

Cons:

If the website was down for a nano second I would receive an email notification which started to become annoying.

Rob
Digital Specialist in UK
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 501–1,000 Employees

Really happy with this service

Comments: Speed of notifications.

Pros:

It works! Notifications received via text and email when my site was unavailable. This helped me to quickly react to the issue.

Cons:

It would be great to use a whatsapp style service instead of SMS in case I don't have a mobile phone signal.

BalaKrishna
BalaKrishna
Product Development Engineer in India
Internet, 51–200 Employees

Very Responsive

Pros:

It is very responsive. As and when the site is down we get the notifications. We are able to keep the site up all the times.

Cons:

I don't have any right now. It is good if we have a mobile app for better notifications.

Steven
Steven
Marketing Manager in US
Management Consulting, 11–50 Employees

Set it and Forget it

Comments: Overal excellent experience.

Pros:

You just set it and it does all the rest of the work. We manage about 100 websites so this is perfect.

Cons:

It doesnt tell you when site may be down due to server overloading.

Lourdu Pranay
Lourdu Pranay
Software Engineer in India
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Review

Comments: Super cool

Pros:

Everything is going good and I really appreciate your price money

Cons:

Nothing is issue everything is going well

Val
Web Designer in US
Individual & Family Services, Self Employed

Great service

Pros:

Notifies when site is down that is pretty much it.

Cons:

Sometimes incorrect and that is pretty much it.

Guillermo
Guillermo
Cofundador in Argentina
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Extremely usefull and simple to use

Pros:

I like that it has a very complete free service, because for the time being I have a very small project. In the future I will consider the paid version.

Cons:

The big problem I have experienced is that the algorithm the searches for text inside the document doesn't understand javascript-rendered content. (I'm using Vue)