15 years helping Israeli businesses

About Samsara

Streamline your fleet operations and reduce costs with Samsara's all-in-one platform for GPS tracking, safety, ELD compliance, and more

Learn more about Samsara

Pros:

It is the best integration I have seen so far.

Samsara ratings

4.2
4.0
4.0
3.9

7.6/10

Samsara has an overall rating of 4.2 out 5 stars based on 349 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Samsara before?

Senior Executive Administrator in US
Automotive, 51–200 Employees

Great product for the price

Comments: We have had verizon, gps insite and now leaving azuga. Samsara has blown all of these out the water. The AI Camera system is great with it customization of levels of triggers. The previous systems had lots of false flags. With previous systems we struggled to get video from accidents which lead to leaving other platforms.

Pros:

- Features - AI Cameras - Simple AI Driver Assignments - Coaching Drivers - Accurate GPS System that works

Cons:

- higher price - I can't really think of any cons right now

Tamsen
DOT Safety Supervisor in US

6 yrs with Samsara

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: They have very good response time on their customer service and. My drivers are not waiting for hours to talk with somebody on a problem. If it's a problem that is not resolved immediately they are quick to move it up the food chain and get the problem or issue solved. The thing I am not happy with is talking to someone in a foreign country.. when I get someone with a heavy accent I usually hang up and start over and hope for a better outcome. I can't understand them they can't understand me.

Pros:

The hotspot and electronic logging device makes it very easy for our drivers to connect to any vehicles. Our drivers do a lot of slips leading and are not assigned to a specific truck. How easy it was for our drivers to change over to samsara it was a very simplistic system for them to learn and they caught on very quickly. Very few driver complaints and when there is one it's resolved quickly.

Cons:

The extensive amount of new things they bring into the program make it almost impossible to keep up. It can be overwhelming for a company that has only one staff member for the safety department. There are a lot of things they offer that you just do not even have time to learn or utilize. I would prefer to be a little more simplistic.

Matt
Manager in US

DO NOT USE SAMSARA USE A DIFFERENT PLATFORM

1.0 last month New

Comments: We, as a company were introduced to Samsara and the product is good and the price WAS good. The initial pricing for the investment equipment is extremely high for what the product really is. We were sold a product and were told to use the Samsara system and see how we like it. We did just that. FOUR YEARS later they decided as a company to tell the customers that were sold their product at their price that they made a mistake and have to increase the bill by $4,000 annually or they will shut the features off that were promised initially at the cost we paid for four years. Their sales team sold a product, platform, and features at a price and now they want more per year. STAY AWAY FROM SAMSARA. They state that it was a mistake by their sales team. Their mistake their misleading sales pitch their people set up the account and put all the features in for these companies. They refuse to own their mistake and make it right. They even went as far as to say we are sorry but there are many customers that are affected and we don't care if we lose customers. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER RETENTION PRACTICE.

Pros:

Their equipment is good, The Installation is easy, The platform is good, Everything is good. They will raise your bill for the promises that they sold. THEY WILL TELL YOU THAT YOU WILL GET FEATURES TO GET YOU IN THE DOOR AND THEN TURN THEM OFF FOUR YEARS LATER UNLESS YOU PAY $4000.00 MORE PER YEAR BEWARE.

Cons:

Their pricing used to be good. But now they are jumping up the pricing. THEY WILL TELL YOU THAT YOU WILL GET FEATURES TO GET YOU IN THE DOOR AND THEN TURN THEM OFF FOUR YEARS LATER UNLESS YOU PAY $4000.00 MORE PER YEAR BEWARE.

2 weeks ago

Matt, we appreciate your feedback and are very sorry about the experience you've had. We have forwarded your feedback to the appropriate teams.

Randy
Director Corporate Operations in US

Customer for 5 years - good reliable system

Pros:

Liked the way the camera images could be remotely retrieved and the plug and play install of the ELD

Cons:

Has some connectivity issues with some older trucks and brand new trucks with the VG34

Alejandra
Dispatcher in US

Overall, Amazing Logbook!

4.0 last month New

Comments: My overall experience with Samsara has been very favorable. As I mentioned before, they provide great service with their products. Very few times have we had issues, but when we do a ticket is created and solved promptly. I would definitely recommend this product to other carriers.

Pros:

I like that we are able to share this live tracking, including what day & what time the link expires. It's also very simple to use, it gives me a breakdown as to fuel, miles per state, etc. There is lots of good features it has in our favor.

Cons:

I don't like the fact that the HOS change randomly. One minute my driver can have 1 hour left, and the next minute he has no HOS left.. It sometimes is hard to know exactly how many HOS driver actually has

Junior
Fleet Manager in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11–50 Employees

Best products on the market for the transportation industry

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It's been great, I thinks it's the best you can get and I have an excellent working relationship with my rep [sensitive content hidden].

Pros:

Broad range of products, best products on the market. I like that I can call my Rep [sensitive content hidden] at any time and assistance with existing products and services and get the same level of interest and commitment that I received when he sold it to me. He supports what he sells.

Cons:

The customer service and reporting a problem through the system. If I call my rep it's great customer service. If I can't get in touch with him or I used the reporting on line it takes far to long to get help and resolution

Darren
VP Sales Project Manager in US
Construction Software, 11–50 Employees

Safety is the goal

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Starting with the first rep that we talked to our overall experience has been fantastic. Everybody says yes we get no no’s

Pros:

The safety section is by far the best and what I use all the time

Cons:

No problem, don’t have any real problems. Customer service can solve whatever I need.

Cherish
Recruiting Specialist in US

A real deal system.

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It's been good. Any type of technology is going to have some issues here and there, so not really anything that is unexpected.

Pros:

It allows us real time tracking, communication to drivers, route info easy to send... Most of the features are useful here.

Cons:

I could only pull tidbits of a driver's previous trip history which is a bummer, and as mentioned earlier in review, the system if unplugged loses tracking location in which, the reason we made the switch is because we were told that it would continue to track.

Danielle
Fleet Compliance Logistics Specialist in US
Wholesale, 501–1,000 Employees

Cameras and Complaince

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

User friendly, customer service is great, few kinks

Cons:

The lack of answers we get on some problems. Maintenance.

Matthew
dispatch in US
Oil & Energy, 10,000+ Employees

great program

5.0 last month New

Comments: very pleased with the everyday operations of the program

Pros:

tracking drivers and helping direct them

Cons:

nothing yet. i do like everything so far

Anthony
President in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2–10 Employees

Samsara Commited Fraud Against Our Company

Comments: I was a customer of Samsara for over 2 years. After believing Samsara was a good company I referred other companies, also due to the referral incentives pushed by their sales associates. I referred a fleet over to Samsara after some time Samsara stop receiving payment from the referred company they decided to take money from my card on file monthly for that referred companies bill. I was unaware when it started thinking it was my monthly payment for my fleet of truck until one day I was looking through bank statements and noticed multiple payments being pulled monthly from Samsara. I immediately contacted their accounting department and was given the run around for nearly two months. After sometime a rep called me and basically said it was a mistake that must of been my fault and they will not be refunding over 3,000.00 that was deducted throughout nearly a year. I tried to reason with them as being a long time customer that they can pay me back slowly or work out some type of repayment and I was basically told they will not reimburse any of my money taken. I am taken the proper steps now to ensure I am reimbursed by Samsara since they were illegally pulling payments from my account for another trucking company's bill. I am also leaving this comment to make other customers aware of the shady business being performed behind closed doors.

Pros:

I have no Pros after there was continuous issues throughout the time I was locked into my contract.

Cons:

Read my overall experience worst experience ever!!!

5 years ago

We appreciate your feedback and we're so sorry to hear about your disappointing experience. We've informed our Finance team about your situation as we always want to give our customers the best experience possible.

Tate
Director of technical operations, growth, and development in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51–200 Employees

The smart, do everything, connected vehicle solution.

Comments: Samsara has been a great tool not only in organizing and managing out vehicles and assets, but has allowed us to successfully defend against false claims. Samsara is such a value additive software, that it dampens my frustration with the many bugs and problems evident in rushed development and poor testing for certain features. I honestly can not say this for any other software I use.

Pros:

Everything you need is included, and in one place. Fleet tracking, cameras, HOS, safety, performance, and dispatch tools all live in one place. Additionally, the team is very responsive in creating one-off or custom integrations should you need them.

Cons:

The cameras, the logic by which they record, and the dashboard for viewing them could use some work. You're unable to retrieve segments more than 60 seconds in length at any one period of time. They offer a "hyperlapse" mode, but I find this to be a useless gimmick as the compression effectively omits frames making it difficult to identify incident times.

Chief Operating Officer in US

Select 1 Group and Samsara

Pros:

Samsara has the best real-time tracking capabilities of all of the other Telematics providers. The reporting functionality is superb.I love the integration with Fleetio and Magnus Technologies. I'd like to see Samsara work closer with TMS providers to offer better service and provide insight for improvements to operational efficiency.

Cons:

I'd like to see more integrations with other companies. The dispatch and maintenance functions are very lacking.

Patrick
Head of Applications in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51–200 Employees

The top of the line loaded with features, if you can afford it!

Comments: Samsara is the big dog in the industry and has this down to a science. The solutions are scalable for large fleets down to smaller delivery or transportation customers. The up front costs were high for us and the return on investment took time. Users were easily trainable and the feature rich web platform and cloud based video system was exactly what we needed from a safety stand point as it did most of the work for us. The alert system and AI systems were very good and came in handy in terms of driver training coaching and reprimanding. Samsara has paid off on more then one occasion by saving the company from costly or preventable accidents due to poor driving.

Pros:

Very slick platform, loaded with features, reporting, cameras, video clips, alerts etc. Everything you want in an ELD/driver fleet management platform.

Cons:

You get what you pay for, its very pricey to operate and is the best out there but hard to justify the costs when there are so many other players in the same market.

Jason
Business Development in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11–50 Employees

Best option that continues to improve

Comments: The product is great and many others are as well. The team behind it has been as impressive which puts them in the lead.

Pros:

The setup and configuration options are very user friendly. The ability to share live links is very helpful. The Time on Site report is a great tool to share with shippers and consignees.

Cons:

There were a few features that were missing in the beginning but have since been added so nothing comes to mind.

Daniel
Public Works Supervisor in US
Government Administration, 201–500 Employees

Samsara Review

Comments: Samsara has been a great service so far. I find much more value with this service than past providers. I also expect that we may begin using some of the additional features when we get time to work with them.

Pros:

Samsara is very user friendly, it seems to have endless features you can use. We like the cameras they offer and have them on all of our route service based vehicles to be able to confirm missed trash collections or confirm issues with why carts may have not been collected.

Cons:

Pulling the camera footage can occasionally be difficult just because the points on the map do not always align perfectly with the footage. This is a simple problem to fix, I just expand the amount of footage I pull.

Dave
Logistics Administration/Operations in US
Automotive, 11–50 Employees

A Better Way of Doing What We've Always Done

Comments: Safety policies have been easier to monitor. We love the camera placements in our equipment.

Pros:

Intuitive navigation for the dashboard user as well as for the driver.

Cons:

The dashboard is just a little boring with the lack of color. Maybe needs just a little splash of color for visible interest.

Elmo
Vice Pres in US

Samsara vs Teletrac

Comments: Overall the product is very reliable, the company is very proactive in checking on units and sending out new ones when tracking unit does not even show us a problem. they are very quick to send out add on units. customer service is GREAT !

Pros:

Very comprehensive. There are probably more thing built into the software than we actually loose.

Cons:

would like to see mile markers easier on the map search when looking at trucks.

CFO in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11–50 Employees

Great product at first, but falls down after a few months

Comments: They are great to work with until you have issues. Once you have issues they ghost you and are impossible to contact. I would look at other ELD solutions and avoid this company and its software.

Pros:

Seemed easy to use and during the trial period the sales support was very active and helpful. once we were past the trial period, support disappeared and functionality starting failing. Many bugs that cause inaccurate locations and routing. Dispatch functionality does not work or improve over time as promised. The hardware in the cab has already started to fail in less than 12 months. Document capture frequently fails without notice to the user.

Cons:

Lack of user roles for dispatch. No ticketing module. Uses inferior wireless network so conectivity is spotty.

IT Director in US
Food Production, 51–200 Employees

Routing and API integration for Proof of Delivery is not reliable - No tech support follow up

Comments: Sales team is very nice and tries to help, but the upper level tech support is non-existent or simply does not care.
Overall the basic functionality of Samsara is good, but be very careful of trying to integrate too deeply as you will be on your own with the API.

Pros:

The cameras, vehicle monitoring and GPS are very good. Managers using the web app like the ability to check-in on the cams as the drivers are on their delivery routes. Detailed vehicle information provided to our Fleet Operations is extremely useful in managing vehicle maintenance.

Cons:

Using the API to download routes and create Proof of Delivery documents has proven to be unreliable and Samsara Tech support is nowhere to be found. Very helpful with simple things but anything with the API is beyond them. After spending over $20,000 building the connection and screens to support Proof of Delivery, we found it simply would not work reliably with about 20% of the document signatures not being captured by Samsara. Also could not post a route larger than 20 stops, that is the limit built into Samsara, we can have routes with up to 30 stops in a day. Samsara never tried to work directly with my team, instead we had to upload screenshots, code snippets and detailed explanations which they would take 3 to 5 days to respond to, never providing any fix or communicating with us directly. This went on for over 8 MONTHS and finally we had to pull the plug on the project and just use the driver / vehicle monitoring functions. Huge waste of time and resources.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11–50 Employees

Be cautious signing a contract with Samsara

Comments: After 3 years I am attempting to cancel my account which they make nearly impossible.

Pros:

Seeing where my fleet is works. All other features that they offer are bothersome to your drivers.

Cons:

If you are a growing company be cautious signing a contract with them. If any of your fleet is going to be idle for more than 1-2 weeks expect endless vehicle dead batteries because the samsara device has high parasitic battery draws. Customer service is an endless loop of passing you around until they close your ticket without a resolution. Your customer rep will change endlessly and you will be left unsupported. I made the mistake of choosing a self contained tracker for some of my equipment to avoid the battery drain issue but they have a battery that has to be replaced monthly if you want it to track more than a few times a week. This battery powered unit has a special expensive non-charging battery that you have to buy from Samsara. It will give you a 1/4 mile location of your equipment as well that is useless. I tried with phone calls, emails, website submittals to get this resolved and they can't and then make me pay out the remainder of the 3 year contract for poor performing units. The features for driver training are annoying and poorly performing. Telling the drivers throughout the day they are about to get in an accident etc. I disabled all of that immediately to avoid having my entire team quit because of the voice telling them to be coached.

3 months ago

We're sorry to hear you're having these experiences and want to get in touch with you to better investigate what issues you may be experiencing. Can you provide your contact info through kb.samsara.com? Our team will get in touch with you and help get this sorted.

Andy
Manager in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11–50 Employees

Worst experience customer service not helping anything

Comments: If you need better tacking or ELD look for somewhere else. If you sign up with Samsara they get you for 3 years and can't even get away unless pay full for three years.

Pros:

Looks good that's all noting else is good

Cons:

there ELS picks up violations in elog and no one able to remove the violation. Customer with just time waste zero help from then they just can say put note its in error but how driver can driver with violation on elog. We wish we have moved out from them log time ago.

3 years ago

Hi Andy, thanks for your note. Samsara works closely with the FMCSA to ensure your fleet maintains compliance, and in response to a clarification from the FMCSA, admins are no longer able to edit automatically recorded drive time. You can learn more about this change here: https://kb.samsara.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052736671-Managing-Automatically-Recorded-Drive-Time. If we can provide any additional assistance, please give our team a call at 415-329-6900.

Kristina
COO in US
Environmental Services, 11–50 Employees

Samsara - pricey, but great features and user-friendly

Comments: Our overall experience with Samsara was great. We had dedicated representatives on our account who were very responsive. In the infrequent event that we had any hardware issues, their support staff was readily available and helped us with little issue. The overall platform is visually appealing and easy to navigate. All the information you may need for tracking as well as vehicle maintenance is included in their services. I highly recommend them if you are able to budget for their services.

Pros:

We most liked the visual set up of the overall online platform. It was very easy to retrieve the data needed and extremely easy to rename vehicles/assign drivers/view miles and fault codes, etc. Samsara offers all the features we were looking for in a GPS tracking platform: visibility, real-time tracking, trip history, IFTA information, and fault codes.

Cons:

I am reviewing Samsara because we used them at my previous company. I cannot say there is anything we disliked about Samsara. Ultimately we did not renew our contract after our initial 3 year term due to the company downsizing considerably and could not justify the cost. But we rarely had issues with the hardware or software and everything was fairly easy to install and operate.

Andrea
Manager in Canada
Utilities, 201–500 Employees

STAY AWAY FROM SAMSARA

Comments: We have been with this company for over a year and finding the prices for the service and the shipping to be ridiculous and unaffordable at this point. They also charge $116 shipping to ship three tiny key fobs to us @ $12 each. Nowhere do they clearly state a cancellation clause - I've been looking everywhere for it. But they're telling me that we'll have to pay "a fee that is equal to a year of service for each device you are returning" as a penalty. And this is even if we return all the equipment. You are TRAPPED. It's like a gym membership scam. LISTEN TO THE COUNTLESS NEGATIVE REVIEWS AND STAY AWAY FROM THIS UNETHICAL COMPANY.

Pros:

GPS tracking but NOT WORTH IT. And this form appears to be forcing me to say what I "like most" about them because it won't submit until I write something in this space.

Cons:

Customer service is only nice when you're spending money. The moment you actually have a legitimate issue, they have a 'tough luck' policy, and they have no qualms about tell you 'too bad, you're under contract' instead of trying to work with you.

3 years ago

Hi Andrea, we apologize for any inconvenience caused and have shared the feedback with the team. Thank you for being a valued customer.

Caira
Terminal Manager in US

Samsara Review

Comments: works fine

Pros:

Easy to use. Easy for drivers to also use

Cons:

takes too much to get equipment replaced