15 years helping Israeli businesses

About Kobiton

Kobiton accelerates mobile delivery with the fastest AI-driven automated mobile testing platform.

Learn more about Kobiton

Pros:

It's easy to use, and has a lot of useful functions. Being able to access multiple devices and both iOS and Android devices is important for my work.

Cons:

There are only few or none devices quite old and obsolete (i.e. android 5 devices) or new there are too less devices by chinese vendors.

Kobiton ratings

4.4
4.2
4.1
4.5

8.4/10

Kobiton has an overall rating of 4.3 out 5 stars based on 22 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Kobiton before?

Robert
Quality Assurance Engineer in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Review of Kobiton

Comments: This app helps us test, diagnose, and resolve device/OS specific issues. It also gives us the ability to gather screenshots on various different screen sizes and devices.

Pros:

I like the fact that there are various different devices to choose from. When we get reports of issues happening that we are unable to reproduce, I can come to Kobiton to test on a similar device. It also makes gathering screenshots for different screen sizes quick and easy since many app stores require screenshots for various screen sizes. What's better than having real devices (in the cloud) to test on. Especially when we are a growing company and do not have an unlimited amount of resources to spend on test devices. Kobiton is simply awesome!

Cons:

It is hard to mention anything here as I love Kobiton. But I have noticed that when I use iOS devices it usually requires me to log into my apple ID to download apps from the app store. Not sure if that is something Kobiton could fix or if it's normal iOS behavior (I am more of an Android guy so I'm not sure). I also noticed sometimes I cannot even get into the store. It will ask for a pattern code to be entered (I assume this is security set up by Kobiton to prevent tampering with settings and such but this should not block the App Store but it does on some devices).

Customer Care Services Manager in Australia
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Access to all the devices we need

Comments: Excellent Product for testing and outstanding support from the Kobitron Team!

Pros:

I love the way I can search for a Phone or OS version and deploy our software for testing in minutes! I also like the way it automatically records my actions and creates a session, which I can forward onto our developers who can see what I did and have access to the logs and video!

Cons:

Nothing bad but I would like to be able to see the dates of when I uploaded our application shown on the screen without having to click on the application and viewing the details.

Elena
app virgilio mail project manager in Italy
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Kobiton for testing email apps

Comments: the idea we had when we decided to buy Kobiton was to test our email apps with a lot of devices, but we noticed that we can do it only on a few set of devices
anyway when we can do it it's really useful

Pros:

I like the possibility to upload my own apk file for testing it with several devices

Cons:

There are only few or none devices quite old and obsolete (i.e. android 5 devices) or new there are too less devices by chinese vendors Often I cannot use the device as for testing I need to allow notifications or geotracking but the device asks me the sign password, and I don't have it this is the major problem I have had

Arunkumar
Sr. Manager in US
Retail, 10,000+ Employees

Value for the money

Comments: I think the value for the money is the best part of Kobiton

Pros:

By using the public cloud, we get multiple options of devices to test for one price. Their customer support is pretty good. Will respond to issues with in few hrs to with in a business day.

Cons:

At times, some public cloud devices will not be healthy (no memory, no network, etc) which will fail the tests randomly. When we report the issue to support, they are fixing or removing the device immediately.

Frank
Sr. Consultant in US
Financial Services Software, 2–10 Employees

Used Kobiton to test mobile apps in hand, capture results so we could give detail feedback to devs

Comments: Faster app releases; more detailed defect data; speed of testing; much less expensive than AWS and Perfecto

Pros:

You can download the software and set up your own device lab. We just downloaded to the Devs and Testers laptops so they could test using their own devices or . We could then shoot the test results directly into Jira or just email screenshots and videos to clients to verify a defect or successful test

Cons:

At first Kobiton just looks like a cheaper/faster version of AWS device farm. It wasn't until I spoke with the sales guy that we realized we could use it to capture the output of the phone & app so we could plug into Jira and Jenkins. I would suggest they make that more clear that you can use your own devices.

PM in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Mobile QA on Physical devices for non QA

Pros:

Testing on Physical mobile devices is much better than software emulators. The pricing model allows easy trial and usage. I am not a QA engineering by training, but was able to use Kobiton in lieu of having to have a physical device farm Since it records the test runs, it creates a shareable artifact that has additional use cases such as training, or recording demo videos

Cons:

Physical devices sometimes have limitations such as the recordings not working all of the time or internet connectivity.

Mario
RPA Developer in Mexico
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Kobiton Review

Pros:

What I liked the most about Kobiton was the versatility and variety of mobile devices that you can use either remotely or virtually emulated, making it easer to run different task while covering a great range of compatibility scenarios.

Cons:

The only thing that I didn't liked much about Kobiton was that after you use a virtually emulated device all that changes and configuration that you do doesn't get stored.

Or
Director of R&D in US
Computer Software, 501–1,000 Employees

Great solution

Comments: As a company that is focused on mobile, we're using our private devices and the public devices for our QA team and especially the overseas team that need access to devices with US sim cards.

Pros:

Kobiton is fast, easy to use, and the company's support is exceptional

Cons:

Waiting for them to develop the automation feature, it sounds amazing.

Xavier
DevOps Leader in Panama
Financial Services Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

A fast solution for mobile testing

Pros:

Easy to use and usefull scripting to integrate on several programming languages

Cons:

Devices availability Devices OS versioning

Alternatives Considered: BrowserStack

William
William
Associate Product Designer in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Great concept but needs to be improved and refined

Comments: Overall, I'd say Kobiton is a very powerful tool that can be helpful. But there are definitely gaps in the product experience that would make it even better.

Pros:

I love it's versatility and ease of access. Being able to run my app to test on multiple devices so easily makes the headache of finding devices so much better. It gives me peace of mind that my designs are being implemented correctly.

Cons:

It can be quite buggy or slow sometimes. I also wish that device settings weren't locked. Sometimes I want to be able to make sure that I'm looking at a device with standard text size/display settings to test my designs, and I'm not positive if I'm running my app on a standard setting. I also wish the screenshots it took were higher resolution. Also, it would obviously be nice if all devices were available at all times, but |I understand there is a limit to devices.

Mari
Product Owner in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Great product with room for growth

Comments: I needed a quick way to get access to multiple mobile devices and operating systems to test a new mobile app for a client. Kobiton fit the bill!

Pros:

Testing with real devices and operating systems Good selection of devices and operating systems Ability to set up groups Great support team

Cons:

Unable to get access to Beta versions without going through support, and even then it was limited UI is a little disjointed when it comes to managing devices and groups

Shane
Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer in Canada
Information Technology & Services, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Kobiton is a really nice Tool

Comments: Overall I can say that Kobiton is my favorite among the emulators that I have used before and will definitely recommend this product to other people I know in the same field.

Pros:

1. I like that its easy to Use 2. Has a wide range/options of devices I can use for testing 3. More user friendly 4. I like that I can customize each of the device that I need or I need for my team 5. I have not really used it but I like the automation feature

Cons:

1. Has limited hours to be used 2. Sometimes I need a device but is not on the list. Probably taken down for that moment to be updated. but not really a problem 3. I can't change the screen size as sometimes I need to check a page where I need to resize the display.

Hira
Student in Pakistan
Computer Software, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Pool of Real Devices for Testing

Comments: I used this testing tool in my Software verification and validation course to test my android applications on many devices. It was successful project of my Semester. Thanks :)

Pros:

This tool is very easy to use. It makes the testing of android applications more effective and accurate. There is no need of emulators or hardware mobile devices to test our application compatibility. Easy upload the APK file and test Your application!

Cons:

It should be free to all because trial version period is very short and limited especially for students

Mim
Senior Support Services Manager in US
Real Estate, 201–500 Employees

Great tool for testing software on various devices

Pros:

This tool has been vital to our Support team as we're constantly needing to test and troubleshoot issues reported by clients. Kobiton has given us a way to really test apples to apples based on the device and version a client is using.

Cons:

We're missing a few devices / versions, but that is to be expected with so many being out there!

Marco Antonio
Developer in Mexico
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Nice & Easy Mobil Simulating Platform

Comments: It solve without problems the fact of hardware to test, without giving away a great investment, it provides functionality and reliability

Pros:

One thing i like the most is the portability and the simplicity of the platform, it makes easier to carry all what you need to work, without concern about the environment or location.

Cons:

Updates without advertise. sometimes some elements of the UI change dramatically and makes difficult to anticipate this changes to the current automated test cases.

Founder in US
Automotive

Very easy to get started with mobile app testing on real-devices and very affordable

Comments: Fast deployment cycles, better app quality.

Pros:

Comparing the platforms, I found Kobiton to be the easiest to get started. It's one of the few where you can just sign up for a trial and get started right away. It was also convenient for us as it allowed us to mix devices we already had along with their "cloud" devices.

Cons:

When I signed up for the trial, there were fewer devices online than stated on the trial page. However, their support quickly fixed that for me.

Jack
QA Analyst in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Kobiton Review

Comments: Access to both iOS and Android devices, and multiple devices simultaneously, is very important for my work and easily Kobiton's best feature.

Pros:

Cons:

It's very slow, and the UI can be clumsy at times.

Jay
CTO in Canada
Automotive, 2–10 Employees

Solid Service

Comments: Overall I was very pleased with Kobiton. It's easier to use and more straight forward than some other cloud device providers.

Pros:

Overall it was easy to use and implement. API was well documented.

Cons:

Doesn't support delayed test runs. In other words, if the device you need is already in use, you're testing will essentially fail.

Pankaj
QA Manager in India
Information Technology & Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Ok to have

Pros:

Easy integration and variety of devices.

Cons:

Less minutes available, lack in support of AndroidDriver<MobileElement>

Tim
QA Engineer in US
Information Technology & Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Good software that has helped in testing applications

Comments: I really like using Kobiton since it allows us to access devices we don't have to keep on hand.

Pros:

The ability to use multiple devices and be able to install apps on them.

Cons:

Sometimes the interface to the devices is slow. Also, at times, downloading data is slower than normal also.

Sophia
Account Coordinator in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Useful product for accomplishing my daily tasks

Pros:

I love the ease of being able to use multiple phones

Cons:

The screenshot quality is very poor and sometimea not legible when imported into an InDesign Doc.

cauvery
Sr. QA Engineer in US
Computer Software, 501–1,000 Employees

Pretty good

Pros:

I am in trial version only. It is good so far and did not run into big issues

Cons:

No complaints so far. Going good with trial