15 years helping Israeli businesses

About HoneyBook

Tools for independent business owners: invoices, contracts, scheduling, and more. Get started with a 7 day free trial today.

Learn more about HoneyBook

Pros:

We have used it for a little over a year now, and this was so incredibly helpful filing taxes for the first time. Well worth the investment.

Cons:

Also, the email feature within HoneyBook can be a bit confusing. Sometimes, I can't tell if an email sent or not.

HoneyBook ratings

4.6
4.7
4.6
4.7

9.2/10

HoneyBook has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 598 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used HoneyBook before?

Christina
Christina
Legal Services, 2–10 Employees

The Best Client Management Resource-- goes beyond normal software

Comments: Before I used HoneyBook, I had tried several other client management platforms. All of them were clunky, and often I'd have to hunt around for things in the interest of the app developer's attention to folders and organization. What a mess! I'm so glad I switched to HoneyBook. They've consistently made product improvements and seem to really care about their customers. It gets easier and more fun to use every day, with just enough features to accomplish what I need without overwhelming me. I highly suggest this to anyone who is managing multiple clients, especially if you have client projects that tend to go dormant for awhile then pick back up.

Pros:

I love how easy it is to use, and how amenable the HB team is to updating the software if you have a feature request or complaint. It provides very visual, easy user prompts that allow me to easily accomplish what I need in a fraction of the time of other software apps I've tried.

Cons:

It's annoying that I can't delete the default emails that came with my account to replace them with my own workflow, so myself or a team member doesn't get confused with their suggested emails vs. the ones I actually want to use.

4 years ago

Christina, thank you for you being a HoneyBook member! We are so happy to hear that HB allows you to manage your clients in a fraction of time of other systems! Our Product Team works hard to consistently meet and exceed our members expectations. Thank you for the feedback on the default email templates. I will share with our team. Incase you didn't know, you can edit the default templates text and format to meet your needs.

Portrait Artist in US

Best I've Used So Far

Comments: Overall it has been a Godsend. I am feeling much better about how I manage my business with Honeybook.

Pros:

I love using Honeybook! I've tried a couple other CRM softwares, and this one is by far the easiest to deploy and keep me on track. It is logical and feels easy to use, which has kept me using it rather than reverting to inefficient paper tracking. The customer service has been great: always quick and friendly to answer questions and help me through something I didn't understand. I would highly recommend Honeybook to anyone.

Cons:

The calendar sync is sometimes glitchy, but that could also be user error. One thing that would make it better would be an easy way to override when I am considered "busy" on my Google Calendar that syncs in. I'd also love to have SMS communication with my clients, but rumor has it they are working on this.

Jaime
Jaime
Accounting Software, 2–10 Employees

If you would like to be charged for a questionable product use HoneyBook

1.0 last month New

Pros:

If I could think of a pro I would add it. If you are looking to be overcharged and never refunded use this software.

Cons:

No customer service. When they charge incorrectly you cannot reach them to get it corrected. Product was not impressive to start to have to deal with this billing issue.

Operations Manager in US
Events Services, 11–50 Employees

Streamline your Booking Experience

Comments: The software has made our small business more efficient and allows us to focus on the clients, as we run a client based business, it is important that we can take the time we used to spend invoicing, requesting contracts, and following up on payments to interact with our clients more.

Pros:

Honeybook streamlines your process into an easy to use system, once the initial set up, from questionnaires to Invoices and Contracts you have all the tools you need to manage your projects. The desktop and mobile app add flexibility to what you can do with your business at home, in the office, or on the go.

Cons:

The setup process is a bit tricky and unless you have familiarized yourself with template creation, pay someone to build your templates, or find a premade on to edit to work for your needs it is a bit overwhelming if you have no experience at all with creating online templates or websites.

Michelle Simmons
Michelle Simmons
photographer in US
Photography, Self Employed

The BEST investment for my business

Comments: Love love LOVE HoneyBook! I've been using it for several years now, and can't imagine using anything else instead. And their customer service is QUICK and helpful for the few times I haven't been able to figure out how to do something.

Pros:

It keeps my business organized and on track! From digital contracts and invoicing, custom brochures and questionnaires, to email tracking and a simple way to see what step I'm at with each project, HoneyBook keeps me on track.

Cons:

The worst part about it is getting started, but even THAT is pretty simple with their "concierge service" where you can send them your current forms and they'll digitize them for you!

Melanie Latrelle
Melanie Latrelle
Designer and Photographer in US
Design, Self Employed

I'm glad I found Honeybook!

Comments: My experience has been great. It keeps my organized and I have recommended to other people for their business.

Pros:

I like that the interface is easy to use and navigate and is visually appealing. I can track my leads and communicate with them and send emails and send updates and invoices, contracts, and receive payments all in one place. It keeps my business organized. I like the mobile app for business on the go. The customer support is helpful and responsive. Love the scheduling app! It has replaced my previous scheduler.

Cons:

I want more email customization - better html features - add photo to my signature, add gifs, rename buttons and add them wherever I want in the email. I'd like it to manage my items better - have a place where I can update item pricing and descriptions and archive old items. I'd like better customization around the contact forms. Be able to match the text and font and fields closely to my website so that it integrates better onto my design. Be able to change colors of text and lines, and fonts and customize the lead contact form better.

Ezekiel
Ezekiel
President and CEO in Canada
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

LocallyHost.Com use of HoneyBook

Comments: It enables us to create, send and manage contracts, invoicing and billing like no platform we have ever used

Pros:

Easily sending out contracts and enabling the clients to sign them electronically

Cons:

The cost of transitions when collecting online payments from clients

Carlos
Carlos
Photography, 2–10 Employees

A must for busy event people

Comments: Customer service is great, they get back to asap and help you with anything.

Pros:

Automating my payments and collecting for me. Using the app i don't have to be in front of a computer to check on customers contracts.

Cons:

no scheduling within the software in which I heard they were working on this. The ability to add someone that works for you and not see contract just logistics.

4 years ago

Happy to hear you are enjoying the HB app Carlos! Please keep an ear out shortly for more news on exciting up coming features!

Lindsey
Lindsey
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

A tool to check off multiple boxes

Comments: Overall I love Honeybook. I signed up when there was a super good deal but when it came time to renew, it was an easy choice to keep going with it. I use it to ease my new client onboarding and that alone is well worth it. All the other features are just a bonus.

Pros:

I like that it gives me the ability to have multiple tools within one software. I don't need an extra scheduling tool, I don't need a CRM, I don't need an invoicing tool, I don't need a form builder for my website. Honeybook handles all of those things for me which makes it really simple to keep it all in one place.

Cons:

Some things aren't really intuitive so I have to use the help resources or ask customer support for help in figuring things out. The great thing is that the support team is really easy to chat with and makes things really simple.

Sarah
Virtual Assistant in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

HoneyBook - the software I never knew I needed

Pros:

HoneyBook is very visually appealing and easy to use for both myself and my clients. The ability to create and save templates that I can edit and reuse for each client saves me SO much time, and it's truly so easy. It's very affordable and has already saved me a lot of time and headaches.

Cons:

I honestly have no complaints about HoneyBook.

7 months ago

Hey Sarah, Thanks so much for the glowing review! we're so happy to see that you're having such a positive experience with HoneyBook so far. :) Would you be willing to grant us permission to use this quote for marketing purposes (and attribute it to you of course)? If so - please send an email to [email protected] and we'll follow up with next steps!

Flossie
Professional photographer in US

Level up

Comments: It’s saved me so much time organizing client data, bookkeeping, payment processing and contracts. Their helpful reminders to keep things from falling through the cracks and maintaining my brand appearance when working with clients.

Pros:

When singing up with Honeybook they took my exhausting contracts, forms, questionnaires and placed them into their system. This saved me so much time switching from DIY client management to this online resource.

Cons:

When responding to an email through the software, it makes a new email. Some clients have more questions and I’d like a way to organize with in a project the emails.

Charlie
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Solid Payment Invoicing & Proposal Tool

Comments: 8/10. Once the client has paid the first time, their automated recurring payment solution is working really well for me.

Pros:

I moved away from Quickbooks online because they didn't have an easy way to send customers automatic recurring invoices. Honeybook had pre-built service agreements along with the automated recurring payments feature I needed for my business. It was appealing to work with them because set up was very easy to get what we needed up and running

Cons:

After a client pays their invoice, it usually takes 12-24 hours for Honeybook to send me a confirmation email saying they've paid. This is (I don't use this word often) absurd. With Quickbooks, I know payment confirmation comes in within 10 minutes. Especially if I am going to start work with a client right as they pay, this hurdle in their platform stops me from getting to work right away. It usually leads to me emailing my customer "Did you pay the invoice?" then them replying "I did!" then me looking into Honeybook wondering why the heck it hasn't come in and making me look foolish to my client... Then I finally get the notification the next day. It's the #1 feature request they need to get updated.

Kaycee
Graphic Design Software, Self Employed

Honeybook is a game-changer for Service Oriented Small-Businesses

Comments: The biggest problem that I've struggled with since launching my business is obtaining payment in a timely fashion. Honeybook totally fixed that problem for me. I don't have to give a laundry-list of payment methods or pay for additional payment services, wait around for physical checks, or process e-checks. My customers just plop in their card information and then it hits my bank account. SO. NICE.

Pros:

Honeybook took my booking process to a massively higher level of success. My contracts are all signed, and invoices are paid before I even start designing. I walk my customers through the process and we discuss TAT and rates, next steps, and then I kick them over the Proposal with the same details we discussed during the sale. With other software I've struggled to receive timely payments, or contract signatures. Not anymore!

Cons:

The contract templates are pretty limited to social media management and marketing ops. I think that every business needs their own contracts, period, but it would be nice to have a better starting place for other service providers. Additionally, the emails that Honeybook kicks out for proposals, payments, contracts and the like have reportedly found their way to many of my customer's spam box. I just warn them ahead of time, but it's not super reassuring to some more leery customers.

Duane
Entertainment, Self Employed

Honeybook just works!

Comments: I am very happy with the software.

Pros:

I really like how seamless, intuitive, and robust honeybook is. I like how it keeps me on track and integrates with calendars, emails, and helps my clients stay organized.

Cons:

Some of the features I would like to see in the future would be the ability to integrate a "store"-like function directly into the crm. I would like my clients to be able to choose from options that I offer and those choices to become a proposal or invoice.

Rae
Photographer in US

Best CRM!

Comments: Honeybook has given me the confidence to run my business like a boss. When I send clients proposal, contacts and invoices I look and feel professional. The user interface is clean, easy to use and navigate.

Pros:

I really like how well thought out everything is. Honeybook meets my business needs on multiple levels. It's given my business the structure that it needed. My business looks good every step of the way with custom brochures, questionnaire and well drafted contracts. I started using Honeybook at the start of the pandemic and was amazed at the customer service. Honeybook stepped in to provide it's community with webinars and resources on how each business could navigate the pandemic. They went above and beyond and for that I am grateful.

Cons:

I have nothing bad to say about Honeybook

Corbin
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Can’t do business without it!

Comments: It’s streamlined, helpful beyond what I can write here. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone with a small business with multiple clients.

Pros:

The workflow feature helps me keep track of everything from inquiries down to executing the final details before the event. It’s easy to use and customer service is quick and helpful when I do get stuck!

Cons:

I wish the deposits and payments made were a little clearer on my end so I don’t have the check the bank and HoneyBook at the same time to cross reference. That being said, I JUST started using the payment feature and it could be that I’m just not used to it yet.

Daniela
Owner & Photographer in US
Photography, Self Employed

My business can't survive without Honeybook

Comments: This CRM makes my business run smoothly and efficiently. I otherwise would not be able to keep track of task due dates and all of my clients. I cannot run my business without Honeybook.

Pros:

I love that everything I need to run my business is in one place, and that I can customize just about everything to create brand cohesive experiences for my clients.

Cons:

Couple little things here and there, like a box won't move where I want it to in Flows, but they are always tweaking and adding new features. The customer service is also stellar so if anything goes wrong I know someone will be able to help me right away!

Caryl
Fine Art, Self Employed

HoneyBook is a lifesaver!

Pros:

I am NOT administratively gifted and have always struggled with organization and client management. HoneyBook makes those tasks so much easier by keeping everything in one place with tools easily accessible. The learning curve is fairly quick and painless and the customer service is wonderful! This software has given my business a much needed professional face lift and improved the client experience tenfold! I offer luxury services to high end clients and now I feel confident that every interaction supports and compliments my luxury brand!

Cons:

No I'm very happy. There's honestly nothing I would change.

Deborah
Designer in Canada
Events Services, 2–10 Employees

This Product is a Must.

Comments: This software organizes our contracts, our proposals, our payments and essentially preps all our accounting in such a quick easy way. Our business became so much easier. We don't have to sit over paperwork for hours and that gives us time to give it our clients...which in turn gives us more clients. Our clients have never had to ask how to pay through the software because it is easy. The system even sends out payment reminders to our clients so we don't have to...which is definitely a major plus. I have already recommended HoneyBook to several other businesses who were struggling with all the paperwork and payments for their companies. This software makes that much of a difference.

Pros:

The complete set up of contracts, invoices and legal portions was so quick and easy. Now we don't have to struggle with creating new proposals with each client. The auto population of products previously used is a huge time saver and makes it really easy for new employees to get the right price with the right product.

Cons:

The only thing I would like to see, and truly, I haven't asked, so it may even be there already; the monthly report of income shows the total of all contracts that came in during the month. We only collect a deposit from each. We would like to see the income report reflect just the deposit total of the month for our accounting purposes.

Mohamed
Mohamed
Consultant in Colombia
Internet, 2–10 Employees

I am very satisfied about HoneyBook because it has helped me to grow my online business.

Comments: Overall I am very satisfied about HoneyBook's interface and client management system.

Pros:

HoneyBook is an excellent business partner for client management, thank you very much !

Cons:

So far i am very satisfied about all the feature from HoneyBook. Thank you !

Jennie
Booking Manager in US
Entertainment, 11–50 Employees

Honeybook Is Amazing!

Comments: I no longer have to keep paper copies of contracts or invoices. Honeybook reminds me of who needs to pay, who has paid, who I have to follow up with. I can save email templates which saves me so much time. Overall, I can do business more effectively in less time! That's huge for me.

Pros:

That everything is at my fingertips no matter where I am. I also like that I can track a clients contract, contact info, entire email exchange, invoicing at once. I like the reports and data that I can access easily. I like the ease of seeing the pipeline and where I'm at with my bookings. I like the daily reminders to follow up on my clients.

Cons:

I would like the ability to look up a clients files by date - the calendar only shows bookings that have a retainer paid. I'd like to search by date and find prospectives. I'd like to search by category - for instance school dances versus weddings versus company parties. And, I'd like to see reports of how many of each type of gig we do each year.

Anna
Bridal Makeup Artist in US
Events Services, Self Employed

I couldn’t run my business without it

Comments: I’ve never had any issues. I tell all of my wedding vendors friends about how much I love it! I’ve had one sign up through my code so far and I made $200!

Pros:

I love the pre made templates, it makes answering emails and creating files for my clients extremely easy and cuts my time down. Before using HoneyBook, I was going crazy managing all my weddings and searching for certain correspondence from a certain bride, I was sometimes mixing up dates and losing certain files all together. I love being able to pull up my bride’s file and having all of our correspondence in one place, along with all of my files for them.

Cons:

I wish there were more options for the pre made templates, that we can title and choose from. For now, I can only make the one follow up email. There are others that I would like to make. Also, I wish I could change the body of the email and it would save it to how I would like to word it. For now, I have to change some wording around every time I send out files to my potential clients. I also really would like to be able to make a timeline through HoneyBook. For now I have to create it in another space and email it separately to my client. It would be nice to have it all under the same file, especially with handling so many brides and weddings.

Matt
Web Designer in US
Graphic Design Software, 2–10 Employees

One of the best customer service relationship managers around!

Comments: We've been using them for a couple of years now and just recently moved our second business into the HB system. We're happy with the way things are and don't plan on changing anytime soon!

Pros:

Honeybook has everything we need to run our two companies (and we use it for both). Support has been absolutely excellent, and we love how they're constantly adding new features and templates. HoneyBook is easy to use and they take security seriously, which we value.

Cons:

They're stuck in the Stripe system for payments with zero other options. We run our businesses using PayPal and the lack of paymention options pales in comparison to a couple of the CRM competitors out there. The app could use with a UX/UI redesign for the new decade. It's easy to use, but could be much better.

Jennifer
Tour guide in US
Entertainment, 11–50 Employees

HoneyBook review by Jen

Comments: Considering how well most of the experience went, I would recommend HB.

Pros:

Hand off booking to HoneyBook. They have several automated services that keep business on track even if you've gone off the rails for a moment.. (l.o.l.)We came to Honeybook because I'd heard great reviews of their contracts, I wasn't disappointed at all. Easy peasy.

Cons:

While HB shined in some ways, I guess it just wasn't what I expected in others. Payments lagged behind.

Marian
Graphic Design Software, 2–10 Employees

I couldn't live without HoneyBook

Comments: I use Honeybook to communicate with my clients from day1, I use it to send proposals, service brochures, drafts of projects, invoices. I use it as my overall project management system to make sure I'm on top of everything and I use it manage my expenses.

Pros:

HoneyBook saves me mountains of time by organizing all of my projects in one place, and allowing me to to track every detail of each project in an organized and easy way. This was the only system I could find that would allow me to communicate with clients, send proposals, attachments, contracts (that can be signed!), collect payments, track tasks and project phases, and manage all of my expenses in the same place. It's so intuitive and the HoneyBook team is incredibly available and helpful.

Cons:

The ONLY things I dislike about the software are very minor. I wish that I could customize the project phases more, I wish that I had a live stop/start time tracking feature, I wish that I could customize the wording of my payment reminders, I wish that I could send an invoice from a proposal without duplicating the payment in the project (clients ask for that for their records), and I wish there was an iPad app.