About HoneyBook

Tools for the modern professional: proposals, contracts, payments, and more. Try 7 days free when you're ready.

Learn more about HoneyBook

Pros:

We have used it for a little over a year now, and this was so incredibly helpful filing taxes for the first time. Well worth the investment.

HoneyBook ratings

4.8

9.5/10

HoneyBook has an overall rating of 4.9 out 5 stars based on 477 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used HoneyBook before?

Christina S.
Christina S.
Legal Services, 2-10 Employees

The Best Client Management Resource-- goes beyond normal software

5 3 years ago

Comments: Before I used HoneyBook, I had tried several other client management platforms. All of them were clunky, and often I'd have to hunt around for things in the interest of the app developer's attention to folders and organization. What a mess! I'm so glad I switched to HoneyBook. They've consistently made product improvements and seem to really care about their customers. It gets easier and more fun to use every day, with just enough features to accomplish what I need without overwhelming me. I highly suggest this to anyone who is managing multiple clients, especially if you have client projects that tend to go dormant for awhile then pick back up.

Pros:

I love how easy it is to use, and how amenable the HB team is to updating the software if you have a feature request or complaint. It provides very visual, easy user prompts that allow me to easily accomplish what I need in a fraction of the time of other software apps I've tried.

Cons:

It's annoying that I can't delete the default emails that came with my account to replace them with my own workflow, so myself or a team member doesn't get confused with their suggested emails vs. the ones I actually want to use.

3 years ago

Christina, thank you for you being a HoneyBook member! We are so happy to hear that HB allows you to manage your clients in a fraction of time of other systems! Our Product Team works hard to consistently meet and exceed our members expectations. Thank you for the feedback on the default email templates. I will share with our team. Incase you didn't know, you can edit the default templates text and format to meet your needs.

Steve S.
Business owner in US
Photography, 2-10 Employees

The sweetest solution for photographers

5 2 months ago New

Comments: Honeybook continues to be a game-changer for our photography business. It has been an integral part of our daily workflow for years now. This year they added calendar and booking functionality.

Pros:

Love the customer service. Whenever I need help they are always right there. We use HB for every booking. As soon as a lead goes active, we start a new project and manage everything from communication to proposal to contact to invoicing with HB.

Cons:

There could maybe be more freedom to customize but really it's just an advanced issue. First world problems.

Entertainment, 11-50 Employees

Worst Customer Service of ALL the platforms we've tried

2 2 weeks ago New

Comments: My interactions with the team always left me frustrated, angry, and in a foul mood that only they could seem to get me into. Even my wife trying to get me mad could not boil my blood as quickly and completely as the interactions with this team.

Pros:

It looked like it might have been perfect for us, but the horrible experiences with the Honeybook team pushed us away from ever considering it at scale for our business.

Cons:

The fact that there was ZERO support whatsoever may it an easy choice to stay away from this as a viable solution for our business long term.

Jessica P.
Owner | Marketing Strategist & Coach in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Your go-to, all-in-one CRM for small business!

5 3 months ago

Comments: Amazing, hands down!

Pros:

Easy to use and so many features! The ability to go to one place AND have so many things automated is amazing!

Cons:

There are little things that can be improved, but so does everything. I have voiced my suggestions to the HoneyBook team and they are passing the information along to try to improve my experience. Even without those being fixed, I still love HoneyBook.

Daniela M.
Owner & Photographer in US
Photography, Self Employed

My business can't survive without Honeybook

5 4 weeks ago New

Comments: This CRM makes my business run smoothly and efficiently. I otherwise would not be able to keep track of task due dates and all of my clients. I cannot run my business without Honeybook.

Pros:

I love that everything I need to run my business is in one place, and that I can customize just about everything to create brand cohesive experiences for my clients.

Cons:

Couple little things here and there, like a box won't move where I want it to in Flows, but they are always tweaking and adding new features. The customer service is also stellar so if anything goes wrong I know someone will be able to help me right away!

Cary R.
Principal Researcher in US
Research, Self Employed

Back Office Support in Software as a Service

5 last month New

Comments: I have been able to drop other CRMs, and Website customer portals, and scheduling apps by replacing these with HoneyBook.

Pros:

Ease of use, ease of setup, simple design, fantastic features!

Cons:

Being a new product there are some areas that would be nice to see (i.e. reimbursable expense capture) but has all of the core features you really need to make the investment worth it.

Angela K.
CEO in US
Events Services, 11-50 Employees

Would be lost without it!

5 last month New

Comments: My overall experience with HoneyBook has been great! We are in the events business, and HoneyBook has saved me hugely on making sure that I don't double book any events with their pop up warnings. That in itself is worth it's weight in gold! Above and beyond that, managing our clients has been so much easier with this software! Truly we would be lost without it!

Pros:

HoneyBook has so many great features! I love how everything is so easy to integrate within our business. When you first start out the have helpful videos to get you started and build your work flows. Virtually every part of your client management can be done through HoneyBook, from contracts, billing and invoicing, scheduling, email management and so much more! I couldn't recommend HoneyBook enough. It has made managing our clients through our growing business so easy!

Cons:

Truthfully, I can't really think of anything that I would add or change about HoneyBook. They have been really thoughtful in their development process.

Stefanie H.
Stefanie H.
Lifestyle Coach in US
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed

You can e-sign, book, and do payments!

5 last month New

Comments: Overall Honeybook is amazing and the experience has made managing my business easy for both myself and client.

Pros:

I love that I can easily and smoothly send contracts and have them electronically signed and stored in my clients file. I have looked for software that allows me to this one thing to make signing easy on my clients. Either it had a limit, too expensive, or not easily shareable. This is the main reason I took on Honeybook.

Cons:

The only thing I’m not too big on is app limitation. I need a few more feature like editing calendar and schedule availability when I’m not on my iPad or computer and just have my phone.

Denise “niecy” B.
Denise “niecy” B.
Master cake artist in US
Food Production, 2-10 Employees

HoneyBook has been a total game changer for my business

5 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

The software is so easy to use. Once you have your templates and automations in place (most of mine were set up by the concierge team) everything runs pretty much by themselves.

Cons:

The client payment processing fees are more pricey than what I’ve used in the past and the instant deposit fees are through the roof. It takes up to 4 days otherwise for payments to arrive in your account, but I just wait it out due to the astronomical fees.

Jessica C.
Jessica C.
Events Services, Self Employed

HB Changed My Life

5 2 weeks ago New

Comments: HoneyBook replaced my very manual process with a user-friendly process for my clients. I didn't think I could find such a comprehensive software for a great price to help me and my small business.

Pros:

HoneyBook singlehandedly changed the way I do business. My onboarding process is so much easier. All of my documents/processes look so professional. I also love the scheduling system that links with my Zoom account. I absolutely love this software. I truly think it will help me elevate my wedding planning business to the next level.

Cons:

The only thing I would like to see is an option to merge/combine projects. As a wedding planner, I'm often included in contracts sent to my couples. It's no surprise that they use HoneyBook too! I end up with multiple projects for the same couple from different vendors.

Deborah B.
Designer in Canada

This Product is a Must.

5 6 months ago

Comments: This software organizes our contracts, our proposals, our payments and essentially preps all our accounting in such a quick easy way. Our business became so much easier. We don't have to sit over paperwork for hours and that gives us time to give it our clients...which in turn gives us more clients. Our clients have never had to ask how to pay through the software because it is easy. The system even sends out payment reminders to our clients so we don't have to...which is definitely a major plus. I have already recommended HoneyBook to several other businesses who were struggling with all the paperwork and payments for their companies. This software makes that much of a difference.

Pros:

The complete set up of contracts, invoices and legal portions was so quick and easy. Now we don't have to struggle with creating new proposals with each client. The auto population of products previously used is a huge time saver and makes it really easy for new employees to get the right price with the right product.

Cons:

The only thing I would like to see, and truly, I haven't asked, so it may even be there already; the monthly report of income shows the total of all contracts that came in during the month. We only collect a deposit from each. We would like to see the income report reflect just the deposit total of the month for our accounting purposes.

Stephanie F.

My favorite CRM ever

5 9 months ago

Comments: I've loved every minute! Even with the few things that I think could be improved on, I think their team is doing an amazing job!

Pros:

The best part about HoneyBook is that I'm able to fully customize everything to match my brand's visuals. Everything about this CRM is easy to use. The support team is always incredible if you need help - they're seriously the best around. The community around HB is also amazing. I love how easy it is to go from an inquiry to a booked project with my automated workflows! The newer client portal feature is always a client favorite, too!

Cons:

I would love to see a more flexible method for viewing pipelines and tasks. I prefer to view a Kanban-type of pipeline/workflow and tasks. I'd like to be able to click on a workflow and see how many clients/projects I have under it. I also don't like that I can't charge for certain appointment types. I would love to use the scheduling feature for booking mini sessions or other items that I would charge for outside of weddings/brand sessions. It would also be great if certain appointment types could work as lead capture forms (i.e.: when an appointment is booked, a new inquiry is created). For financial tracking, it would be nice to be able to create a recurring expense.

Monica B.
Wedding Photographer in US

I LOVE IT

5 last year

Comments: The invoices are my favorite. I love being to bill clients through HB and not have to use a different program to do that. I get to keep EVERYTHING in one spot which actually saves me money. I don’t need a separate software for bookkeeping, calendars, workflow, etc. It’s ALL here. In one place. I’m obsessed. I can’t imagine not having HB.

Pros:

Very user friendly, they offer so much! I love being able to track my expenses and schedule clients. I love the workflow feature, it’s so helpful. I REALLY love the fact that clients can pay you through the HB invoice. That’s probably the best part. Its awesome that they added a COVID-19 tool kit that shows you which clients are most likely to be affected. And then they have email templates that are COVID related. So many resources are provided, it’s like they actually care about us 🥺 💕 haha. Highly recommend

Cons:

The only thing that’s a little slow is the payment actually getting to my bank account. I’m not even sure if HB has anything to do with the time it takes, but I do wish it didn’t take 2 days to finally show up in my account. I wish there was an option to “instantly” transfer the funds for like a 1% fee. Like Venmo! That way if someone needs the money ASAP, they can instantly get it OR they can choose to wait the 1-2 business days to get the full payment. That would AMAZING

Jennifer K.
Photography, Self Employed

HoneyBook is the right CRM for you!

5 last year

Comments: I love HoneyBook. I have looked at switching just because I’m interested in seeing what else is available & how they compare, but I think my loyalty & the overall satisfaction with HoneyBook will keep me here!

Pros:

HoneyBook just overall has so many great features that will help you run & maintain your business every day. During the onset of Covid & with so many of us experiencing cancellations & such, they were the only CRM I knew of that rolled out any help with legal documents to help you convey the right words to your clients to not only help you stay level headed & in charge of your business, but also helped your clients realize that cancelling should be a last resort & that we business owners are here for them! I am also a big fan of most all of the templates that they provide for you to help set your business up for success! Aaaand in the Winter, I love the little Snowman icon that sips hot cocoa & makes the computer screen be a wintery scene. Adorable! HoneyBook is very easy to use, & their customer service & tech departments are da bomb!

Cons:

The only things I wish that HoneyBook would improve on the most would be trying different variations with the project pipeline, with adding more availability or being able to choose between pipelines for different project types, & working out some kinks with the scheduling system between what we intend for clients to see in availability & what they actually see; & for the client to be able to go in & change their selection of date & time immediately afterwards & up to half an hour later.

Alyssa P.
Founder & Creative Director in US
Design, Self Employed

Using HoneyBook is like having a personal sales assistant helping me run my business 24/7

5 2 years ago

Comments: Wow, just keeping everything in one place for my business and the way HoneyBook automatically saves everything that I've been working on has been absolutely transformational. I feel like HoneyBook is 5-10 apps all in one. I also like your customer support and the overall vibe of your company that I get from using your product. I feel like you truly care about your customers :) Also, I'm currently on the $1 per month plan for 6 months. Keep offering that, because that is what made me commit to HoneyBook! Also, your pre-written proposal legal contract is AMAZING! So professional and easy to customize.

Pros:

Honeybook is incredibly intuitive and easy to use. Luckily, I started using it when I began my business, so I didn't need to transfer any existing CRM or sales data over. When I was onboarding, HoneyBook's support staff loaded in a bunch of pre-designed templates specific to my industry. They also took images I sent them of my products and prices and turned them into usable sales proposals. That alone has saved me WEEKS of time that I would have had to spend learning how to use HoneyBook and manually inputting my content.

Cons:

The time tracker does not function to the extent that I need it to. I currently use Time Doctor to track my time, but it would be nice if I could keep everything in HoneyBook. Also, I oftentimes don't see my reminders for following up with "tasks" for clients in my projects pipeline. If there's a way to have those notifications automatically sync with my personal google calendar and send me an email reminder, that would be helpful. Pipedrive's CRM and sales pipeline does a really great job of showing urgent prospects to follow up with. I think it color-codes them too. Also, the email feature within HoneyBook can be a bit confusing. Sometimes, I can't tell if an email sent or not. The notes are also not displayed in a way that's very easy to read. It would be nice to add bullets, bold text, underline, etc. Pipedrive does a really great job of showing all of the email threads and notes between clients and multiple team members in their CRM. Also, the first time I sent an invoice, HoneyBook automatically included a place for gratuity/tip. I've now figured out how to turn that setting off, but I couldn't see that it was automatically included in my invoice ahead of time. With my business (and I think most), they will never need gratuity, so I think that's kind of an odd setting. Maybe instead of having to click and review the settings in the left side bar of invoices, there could be an extra prompt to review those settings before the user sends the proposal to their client.

Janelle M.
Freelance Makeup Artist in US
Consumer Services, Self Employed

Organize My Squirrel Brain

5 2 years ago

Pros:

Everyone kept telling me, "Honeybook is great, but there's a learning curve." So I was a little intimidated. They were wrong, I could jump in face first and start using it exclusively immediately. Even in the middle of a terrible time for my little business, I will pull all the strings I can find to be able to afford Honeybook. It's easy for me, easy for my clients and keeps me focused. It saves me time and energy and thats the most important thing!

Cons:

The only thing I'm having issues with right now is making a brochure. It probably user error, but I wish it there more extensive editing capabilities within the brochure making operation. I will play around with it some more though.

Leigh ann S.
Manager in US

Powerful, Intuitive Tool

5 2 years ago

Comments: When we were starting up our business, an event venue, I was going nuts comparing the different CRM software. When you haven't actually used them, you don't know which will work best for you. Another venue owner told me she used HoneyBook. I had learned a lot from her, and finally decided that if she thought HoneyBook was good, it probably was and I'd just go for that. Best decision ever!

Pros:

I love the pipeline, where each client's project is categorized by stage (new inquiry, tour scheduled, proposal signed, etc.). I can pull up all clients who are in the "Planning" stage of the pipeline, for example. Under each client's project is absolutely everything related to their project: all emails exchanged, contracts, payment schedule, separate workspaces with vendors who will be working on the project, and more. I have templates for emails and have them sent automatically. One goes out when we receive an inquiry, a different one 5 days after client signs the contract, and another 30 days before their event date. There are also templates for brochures, contracts, and payment plans. I can't imagine having to do all of that manually! I set the system up for my business with no outside assistance. It was easy to understand.

Cons:

Would like to have more ability to make formatting changes (bullets, numbering, bold, etc.) when editing a document. I can do this on a new document, but not when editing an existing one. Workflows could be improved to have more triggers and the ability to automatically send files.

2 years ago

Hi Leigh Ann, Thanks for your feedback. It's helpful to know where we can improve. We're in the process of building in more formatting customizations right now, as well as new triggers within workflows to help you automate tasks on a more real-time basis. Stay tuned!

Penny L.
Penny L.
Owner/Photographer in US
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

Best choice I made for my business yet

5 2 years ago

Comments: Payment processing was always a challenge until I found Honeybook. I love that the automated convenience of honey book. I set my templates, it does the rest. I send an invoice, it bills, reminds and keeps everything squared away. Not to mention it auto-deposits funds into my account. IT keeps me in business!

Pros:

Running my own business where clients contract via email and forms through my website can get overwhelming when trying to keep track of small but important details. Invoicing, payment processing, contracts, client communication, client surveys and now they have a feature where you can connect with other local professionals on projects. Very useful.

Cons:

I wish it was a little more upscale looking on fonts, colors and the user experience. My brand is more of a luxury brand so I want customers to feel like when they're being transferred to the contract or payment portion of our interactions that they're still receiving a luxury experience.

Shelbye G.
Photo booth owner in US
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees

The easiest way to get paid fast!

5 2 years ago

Comments: My overall experience has been very pleasant! The customer service is always very helpful and the little frustrations of working with a start up or nothing compared to the benefit that it’s given our business in the past two years!

Pros:

1.Template building for sure. Not having to hand customize every single contract has saved so much time. 2. The fact that, in the wedding industry, it is heavily female dominant.... which means a lot of us are moms.... which means that this app allowed me to take care of critical work while on my phone. THAT is a lifesaver with kiddos. If you know you know! 3. The time between sending a proposal and getting paid (depending on how ready to book a client was) was minutes at most. I’d get live feedback when they opened the file, signed the contract, and made a payment. I never had to guess. 4. Customer service was great!!! They actively ask for feedback from their customers and even go granular with their questions so they can consider the nuances of each client’s industry!

Cons:

1. The email communication side of the app is very hit or miss. Where they soar with sending files and making payments a BREEZE, the ability to create a streamlined, semi-automated Follow-up process for leads that come in is sorely lacking. Even if HoneyBook never intends to be the best at that portion of sales, I feel it is a simple task to add a feature that makes it easy to add tags to leads so that you can export those contacts to a service that DOES soar in email communication and lead nurturing. 2. There is still a lot of room for more organization in the communication process from sales to project completion.

Cori S.
Photography, Self Employed

The Best CRM Software EVER!!!

5 2 years ago

Comments: I am keeping my workflow seamless. I am not falling behind with not knowing what i have and havent done. I get notifications in my app on my phone to keep me up to date when i am not at a desk. Saving templates keeps me from having to re-do contracts and brochures to send to clients. And honestly the BIGGEST thing is it keeps me on top of clients and either closing things out if they arent interested, booking them if they just forgot to get back to me, or making sure they are seeing things.

Pros:

I love how seamless and easy to use it is. It may be a transition at first but once you get changed over you will NEVER go back. The workflow is so easy to use and very customizable. Other softwares i've tested are not even comparable to how simple honeybook is to use.

Cons:

The only thing i wish were better is the calendar system. It would be nice to be able to block dates out on the calendar to avoid booking, like if you had planned a vacation. I also with it would sync directly to ical. I hate having to make it use google becuase if google runs out of space it doesnt tell me and then i have a calendar issue.

Abigail G.

HoneyBook is amazing!

5 3 years ago

Comments: It’s been great!! Any time I’ve had an issue it’s been resolved quickly. I do find that asking a question in the group & getting a personal email is rather annoying. I specifically ask in Facebook for a reason - so when I get an email I usually don’t see it right away whereas I’m looking for a notification or other users experiences.

Pros:

User friendly for both myself and my clients, ease of set up (love that they do most of the upload work & it’s easily changeable!), the community it’s created, & the “opportunities” section.

Cons:

1. I wish there was more internal automation, like the workflow applied just sent out the emails and not prompted me to act. 2. While “linked” with Calendly, it’s not linked in the correct way. I wish when someone signed up for a slot in Calendly, it could generate an automatic proposal that I could look over before sending, or sent automatically. When adding my “Calendly link” to a honeybook email, the link always fails. I don’t use Calendly enough to have this be a major issue, just a nuisance. 3. More flexibility in personal branding & branding the contact form. I don’t currently use the form on my site because of this.

3 years ago

Thank you for being a member Abigail! I know you will be excited about some upcoming functionality we'll be releasing in early 2020! I'll be sure to share your feedback with the product team.

Casey C.
Founder in US

From Employee to Business Owner Honeybook has been by my Side

5 3 years ago

Comments: Overall, Honeybook saves us so much time and allows my business to be operated with only 2 full time employees. If I were to try and run this business on my own, without Honeybook, I would not be able to give my clients the attention to detail and quick response time they deserve.

Pros:

There is a very small learning curve using Honeybook. When I convinced my previous employer to purchase Honeybook, I realized how very quick and easy it was to integrate into the company. Now, as a business owner, my employees can utilize Honeybook as well and our company can have full transparency on where we are at with each client.

Cons:

I really wish that Batch Emailing had more options. We often need to send specific batch emails to our clients dependednt on which stage they are at on our timeline. Only having the options to hand select each client to send the batch emails to or to send them to our entire client list is an inefficient use of our time and thus we find no use for this tool that has so much potential to be so valuable to our business.

Flossie O.
Professional photographer in US

Level up

5 3 years ago

Comments: It’s saved me so much time organizing client data, bookkeeping, payment processing and contracts. Their helpful reminders to keep things from falling through the cracks and maintaining my brand appearance when working with clients.

Pros:

When singing up with Honeybook they took my exhausting contracts, forms, questionnaires and placed them into their system. This saved me so much time switching from DIY client management to this online resource.

Cons:

When responding to an email through the software, it makes a new email. Some clients have more questions and I’d like a way to organize with in a project the emails.

Barbara D.
Manager & Event Coordinator/Planner in US
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees

Honeybook is the best!

5 3 years ago

Comments: Before Honeybook, we were having issues with past due account and staying on top of them. With Honeybook-that issue has gone away. Our customers are thrilled with the reminders and the ability to pay online. Before Honeybook we either had to have couples come back to the venue to book or would mail out the contracts delaying bookings by up to 2 weeks. Now we can send out everything and have our bookings completed in just hours! Working with clients and assisting in the coordinating /planning of their weddings are soo much easier with Honeybook. All emails are stored with the project-from the lead contact to the final thank you! No more hunting through email accounts. Notes and information stored there. And the ability to work from home without hauling home a stack of files is unbeatable. This is the BEST program for a wedding venue!

Pros:

The ability to work from anywhere at any time is one of the best features. I can access all the information for our clients from home and answer any questions. Since leads go directly to this program, all emails are attached to each project so you have a record of everything you said. The Library stores all our documents and handouts. I love the report section--last month the owner was starting a project to see what months was our best months for bookings. He said he was going to have to dig through Quickbooks for the information. I pointed out that the information was already in the Honeybooks!

Cons:

The only thing have to say that is bad about this program is when there is an update of change. Opening up the program to do something and finding that things have changed with no notice is frustrating.

Jordyn C.
Jordyn C.
Independent Beauty Consultant in US
Cosmetics, Self Employed

How to keep organized while running a business

5 2 years ago

Comments: From the time my prospective clients contact me, throughout the booking process, automatic reminders of upcoming payments, clients being able to pay through honeybook, and even following up after my scheduled time with clients, Honeybook is my biggest tool.

Pros:

Honeybook is essential to running my business and now that I've been a user for more than 2 years, I can't imagine not using it. As a photographer, it is important for me to keep all of my scheduling, contracting, payments, and details as organized as possible so that I don't miss a meeting, or special detail for a wedding or photo session. Every part of my business is streamlined now that I use Honeybook. Reporting on Honeybook is made very easy from being able to see what % I've booked based on the number of signed contracts, where most of my clients find me, and how much money in taxes I need to pay for the quarter. Additionally, Honeybook has an opportunity board where creatives can post about need for associates, styled photo sessions. Finally, if you refer 2 people per year to Honeybook, your cost for the entire year is covered.. can't beat that!

Cons:

There are times when I donate photo sessions to non-profits and want to be able to send an invoice showing how much the session would have cost, then adding a discount to show a $0 invoice but there is not a way to send that without charging the invoice and refunding. I wish that I could do more on the mobile app, but new features are being added frequently.