15 years helping Israeli businesses

About HoneyBook

Everything you need to run your business: proposals, contracts, invoicing, payments, and more. Start your 7 day free trial today.

Learn more about HoneyBook

Pros:

We have used it for a little over a year now, and this was so incredibly helpful filing taxes for the first time. Well worth the investment.

HoneyBook ratings

4.6
4.7
4.6
4.7

9.2/10

HoneyBook has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 614 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used HoneyBook before?

Anthony
Anthony
finance and international business in US
Food & Beverages, 201–500 Employees

provides a good experience

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

I manage the entire flow of information from my clients in a more organized way, controlling and monitoring each one, it allows me to be more agile in the processes that I have to carry out with my clients and thus provide them with better attention and speed in document delivery. invoices, contracts and digital signatures. I can do many things at the same time and it helps me perform better at my job.

Cons:

The system has never failed me, I feel satisfied with each tool I use and I am convinced that it has been the most efficient platform that I use for my work tasks.

Julia
Designer in US Virgin Islands
Graphic Design Software, Self Employed

I don't want to be with out it

5.0 last month New

Comments: Affordable, easy to get started, can do it all.

Pros:

Honeybook keeps me organized which in return gives me a good reputation as a service provider. I like that I can do it all - and at that from my phone because theres an app that has most of the features the desk top does

Cons:

There's not much to like about it. It meets all of the things I was looking for in a CRM.

Tiara
Tiara
Founder in US
Media Production, 2–10 Employees

Great for service professionals and freelancers

3.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

I love the nice, professional presentation of information. Everything is laid out nicely for everyone to see (messages, threads, etc). Honey book also streamline business to client relations from sending the contract, invoicing, signing, then finally payment (through Stripe).

Cons:

I honestly don’t have any cons. This program is by far the best of it’s kind.

Angela
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Great for basic client tracking and proposals. Slowest for payment deposits.

Comments: I use the super basic functions of the platform. I am aware of the other great tools it offers - my business just can't afford the pro costs. I am on my fourth year using HB and still trying to figure out how to use some of the features.

Pros:

I purchased Honeybook primarily to keep my client details in a single location while gaining the ability to send proposals and invoices for the clean, professional touch. This area is very easy to use without having to hire a pro.

Cons:

To use all the features of CRM, you need to hire a pro who can set you back at least $2k. Also, the payment deposits are the slowest on the market - days! If you use Square, you get the deposit the next day - same for all other CRMs. If you receive a payment on a Wednesday, for example, you won't get that deposit until at least Monday.

Ciara
Events Services, Self Employed

Honeybook site review

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: My overall experience has been amazing. It has helped my business run, very smoothly and allowed me to become a little more hands off.

Pros:

The ease and convenience of clients booking my services and signing contracts.

Cons:

I actually have no cons. My experience with Honey has been great.

Roma
Customer Manager in US
Legal Services, 11–50 Employees

My Experience Using HoneyBook

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

I like that HoneyBook offers project and contract management features It is capable as a CRM software It comes with amazing digital signature capabilities.

Cons:

Considering how helpful HoneyBook has been, no complaints.

Mai
Managing Director in US
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

HONEYBOOK IS A DREAM!

4.0 last month New

Comments: I have fully enjoyed my experience in totality and remain a current client and user.

Pros:

I love the ease with which I can confidently navigate the multiple features of Honeybook. I am not the most tech savvy but Honeybook makes it feel easy to me!

Cons:

I had a bit of trouble acclimating to emailing within the platform but now I have adjusted and know how easy it can be! Sometimes the emails land in client's spam but only once in a while!

Owen
Owen
programmer in US
Financial Services Software, 10,000+ Employees

improved task management

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It makes it easier for me to have all the detailed information about each project in one place and having my scheduling calendar makes all my work flow organizedly.

Pros:

It is an innovative tool where each function is unique and serves to have an improved organization of my work, in task management it is easy to distribute the work in the team and then reunite it and the security with the data is very reliable, when I make the signatures electronics I am calm that there is no risk of anything.

Cons:

All the processes are useful and have had no inconsistencies in use, so on my part everything has turned out satisfactory.

Amber
Director in US
Performing Arts, 2–10 Employees

HoneyBook is great!

5.0 last month New

Pros:

What I loved the most of Honeybook was the scheduling was easy and processing payments and also the flexibility of customers paying online for services and products

Cons:

Long term it just wasn't for me and my business

LaMeshia
Founder in US
Consumer Services, Self Employed

Top Notch CRM for creatives/freelancers

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I loved how I could create workflows for myself.

Cons:

Unfortunately my clients said it was confusing and they didn't know how to work inside of it to do edits etc.

Flossie
Professional photographer in US

Level up

Comments: It’s saved me so much time organizing client data, bookkeeping, payment processing and contracts. Their helpful reminders to keep things from falling through the cracks and maintaining my brand appearance when working with clients.

Pros:

When singing up with Honeybook they took my exhausting contracts, forms, questionnaires and placed them into their system. This saved me so much time switching from DIY client management to this online resource.

Cons:

When responding to an email through the software, it makes a new email. Some clients have more questions and I’d like a way to organize with in a project the emails.

Cori
Photography, Self Employed

The Best CRM Software EVER!!!

Comments: I am keeping my workflow seamless. I am not falling behind with not knowing what i have and havent done. I get notifications in my app on my phone to keep me up to date when i am not at a desk. Saving templates keeps me from having to re-do contracts and brochures to send to clients. And honestly the BIGGEST thing is it keeps me on top of clients and either closing things out if they arent interested, booking them if they just forgot to get back to me, or making sure they are seeing things.

Pros:

I love how seamless and easy to use it is. It may be a transition at first but once you get changed over you will NEVER go back. The workflow is so easy to use and very customizable. Other softwares i've tested are not even comparable to how simple honeybook is to use.

Cons:

The only thing i wish were better is the calendar system. It would be nice to be able to block dates out on the calendar to avoid booking, like if you had planned a vacation. I also with it would sync directly to ical. I hate having to make it use google becuase if google runs out of space it doesnt tell me and then i have a calendar issue.

Alyssa
Founder & Creative Director in US
Design, Self Employed

Using HoneyBook is like having a personal sales assistant helping me run my business 24/7

Comments: Wow, just keeping everything in one place for my business and the way HoneyBook automatically saves everything that I've been working on has been absolutely transformational. I feel like HoneyBook is 5-10 apps all in one. I also like your customer support and the overall vibe of your company that I get from using your product. I feel like you truly care about your customers :) Also, I'm currently on the $1 per month plan for 6 months. Keep offering that, because that is what made me commit to HoneyBook! Also, your pre-written proposal legal contract is AMAZING! So professional and easy to customize.

Pros:

Honeybook is incredibly intuitive and easy to use. Luckily, I started using it when I began my business, so I didn't need to transfer any existing CRM or sales data over. When I was onboarding, HoneyBook's support staff loaded in a bunch of pre-designed templates specific to my industry. They also took images I sent them of my products and prices and turned them into usable sales proposals. That alone has saved me WEEKS of time that I would have had to spend learning how to use HoneyBook and manually inputting my content.

Cons:

The time tracker does not function to the extent that I need it to. I currently use Time Doctor to track my time, but it would be nice if I could keep everything in HoneyBook. Also, I oftentimes don't see my reminders for following up with "tasks" for clients in my projects pipeline. If there's a way to have those notifications automatically sync with my personal google calendar and send me an email reminder, that would be helpful. Pipedrive's CRM and sales pipeline does a really great job of showing urgent prospects to follow up with. I think it color-codes them too. Also, the email feature within HoneyBook can be a bit confusing. Sometimes, I can't tell if an email sent or not. The notes are also not displayed in a way that's very easy to read. It would be nice to add bullets, bold text, underline, etc. Pipedrive does a really great job of showing all of the email threads and notes between clients and multiple team members in their CRM. Also, the first time I sent an invoice, HoneyBook automatically included a place for gratuity/tip. I've now figured out how to turn that setting off, but I couldn't see that it was automatically included in my invoice ahead of time. With my business (and I think most), they will never need gratuity, so I think that's kind of an odd setting. Maybe instead of having to click and review the settings in the left side bar of invoices, there could be an extra prompt to review those settings before the user sends the proposal to their client.

Charlie
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Solid Payment Invoicing & Proposal Tool

Comments: 8/10. Once the client has paid the first time, their automated recurring payment solution is working really well for me.

Pros:

I moved away from Quickbooks online because they didn't have an easy way to send customers automatic recurring invoices. Honeybook had pre-built service agreements along with the automated recurring payments feature I needed for my business. It was appealing to work with them because set up was very easy to get what we needed up and running

Cons:

After a client pays their invoice, it usually takes 12-24 hours for Honeybook to send me a confirmation email saying they've paid. This is (I don't use this word often) absurd. With Quickbooks, I know payment confirmation comes in within 10 minutes. Especially if I am going to start work with a client right as they pay, this hurdle in their platform stops me from getting to work right away. It usually leads to me emailing my customer "Did you pay the invoice?" then them replying "I did!" then me looking into Honeybook wondering why the heck it hasn't come in and making me look foolish to my client... Then I finally get the notification the next day. It's the #1 feature request they need to get updated.

Tamara
Graphic Designer in US

Ever Growing to Meet the Needs of My Business

Comments: If they keep improving the product the way they have been I will be a happy HoneyBook HoneyBee for life.

Pros:

I love the Project Management area. I can see everything i am working on and the stage it is at. I also love the automation of some of the project stages. I love that everything pertaining to that project is all included in the project. Once i open each project i can see all the files, correspondences between my client and I. I can simply pick up where i left off.

Cons:

I was expecting more from the workflow and would love the option to create a link so clients can open the link to get to the invoice to make the payment. As much as I’d love everyone to use the client portal, not everyone can handle it and this would be a great feature for older, less tech-savvy clients.

Kristin
Events Services, 11–50 Employees

HoneyBook Changed our Business!

Comments: HoneyBook has mastered the CRM for the event industry (and useful for many other industries)! We searched far and wide for a platform that would manage our client communication and task management and HoneyBook has that on lock down. We have been impressed with their constant improvement and development and their customer service team is A+!

Pros:

Task automation Easy to use invoice management with built in payment link Modern and easy to read brochures and proposals Contract integration with E signature capabilities Easy to use platform Manages all client communication with Gmail integration Unbeatable customer service AFFORDABLE

Cons:

Difficult for clients to find current versions of proposals when looking for it from emails Some shortcomings when working with teams (sharing proposals / contracts / invoices)

HoneyBook Response

5 years ago

It is fantastic to hear that HB is working so well for your business, Kristin! Our Concierge Team is world class and I will be sure to share your feedback with them. Thank you for being a HB member!

Rita
Marketing Consultant in Canada
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

The learning curve is flat

Comments: Honeybook is responsible for the success of my business. Before Honeybook I had to follow up and demand to get paid and often get my payments postponed. Now it is all automated, clients even put their invoices in auto-pay.

Pros:

I get paid without hassle. Everything is automated. The proposal is so amazing, you send the invoice and contract together, and it goes with a pay button where the customer has no choice besides to sign the contract and paying.

Cons:

The app. The time tracking - the fact you have to calculate the time in fractions, what should have been an easy task becomes a "let me google what 1h35min is in time fractions". You can just put the time in the app, but not on the webapp. But I can never login at the app because it doesn't accept Google SSO, but it does on the web, so I always have to change my password. The app doesn't stay connected for long. So I just don't use the app, I have it installed because maybe one day it will update and login with Google.

Jessica
CEO, Brand Strategist, and Designer. in US
Graphic Design Software, Self Employed

HoneyBook is a lifesaver!

Comments: I love HoneyBook because it's easy to use and if I can't figure something out, I can easily ask! The customer service and care is golden!

Pros:

I love the brochures and proposals features. It makes things SO easy for me and my clients! I also love that I can use HoneyBook for project specific emails, so I have everything in one place!

Cons:

It's not really a con, but I don't use the community aspect of the platform. I'm sure it's amazing too though. 😄

Dan

Studio Management Software for Photographers

Comments: I am still relatively new to HoneyBook, but the customer service is top-notch. There is a lot of support, esp. in the set up of your business on their platform. They offer lots of help at every level. There are also weekly webinars to help users at any level, that save time for Q&A.

Pros:

Being able to integrate this program/system with the other parts of my business is great. HoneyBook allows me to integrate a booking calendar into my website and to integrate financial software.

Cons:

The learning curve is a little higher than other applications, but I think it is because it is so unique in its mission - to help organize multiple parts of a photography business.

Tami
Photography, Self Employed

Honeybook has changed the way I do business!

Comments: So far it has already made the business side of my photography more professional. If I am able to get it fully customized to my business workflow and strategy I think it will be an amazing product. Honey book has made communicating with clients, scheduling or rescheduling a session, and taking payments much easier than the way I was doing things.

Pros:

Booking clients and communicating with them throughout the planning stages of their project has become seamless. I have all emails and files in one place. I can easily make changes to their upcoming appointment, reschedule make suggestions on another location. I am able to send all documents in one proposal email. and get their signature on everything at once. Payments go through easily and client payment reminders have been very helpful.

Cons:

I am a new user and it's a little difficult to set up to how I do business. It's taking me a lot longer than I would like to get things just how I want them. There are things I want to change such as the flow of automatic emails. I am having a hard time figuring out exactly where to change those settings.

Natasha
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Natasha Rae Artistry Review

Comments: Very user friendly

Pros:

Streamlines workflow, templates are either already perfectly set up, or if not, so easy to make changes.

Cons:

Con mentioned in previous question when asked how can you improve

Deborah
Designer in Canada
Events Services, 2–10 Employees

This Product is a Must.

Comments: This software organizes our contracts, our proposals, our payments and essentially preps all our accounting in such a quick easy way. Our business became so much easier. We don't have to sit over paperwork for hours and that gives us time to give it our clients...which in turn gives us more clients. Our clients have never had to ask how to pay through the software because it is easy. The system even sends out payment reminders to our clients so we don't have to...which is definitely a major plus. I have already recommended HoneyBook to several other businesses who were struggling with all the paperwork and payments for their companies. This software makes that much of a difference.

Pros:

The complete set up of contracts, invoices and legal portions was so quick and easy. Now we don't have to struggle with creating new proposals with each client. The auto population of products previously used is a huge time saver and makes it really easy for new employees to get the right price with the right product.

Cons:

The only thing I would like to see, and truly, I haven't asked, so it may even be there already; the monthly report of income shows the total of all contracts that came in during the month. We only collect a deposit from each. We would like to see the income report reflect just the deposit total of the month for our accounting purposes.

Jennifer
Wedding Officiant in US
Events Services, Self Employed

Love Honeybook!!

Comments: Customer service is prompt, attentive, and friendly. The program helps me manage all of my couples' needs efficiently and with ease from the first contact to follow up after their wedding ceremony.

Pros:

Honeybook provides many tutorials to help you get the most out of the program. Setting it up is fairly simple and worth the effort for the ease of use in managing your clients and how much time you save when using the features such as email and contract templates and task management. I love having everything about my couples in one place - the contract, tasks, payments, all messages and any notes. Plus, I can see the details at a glance and love the ability to integrate my own pictures so my clients and I can all see the beautiful eye catching graphics of my choosing.

Cons:

I honestly can't think of anything I don't like. I thought I liked my old program a few years ago, but when it went defunct and I had to change, I was so grateful I was forced into an upgrade. I did not know what I was missing. This program simplified the management of my business beyond what I thought was possible.

Alysha
Photography, Self Employed

Like having a personal assistant!

Comments: The main benefit of HoneyBook that I love is that I'm able to give my clients an exceptional experience. The way contracts are shared, payments are presented makes it so easy for me to do business with my clients. I think the biggest perk I loved at first was the electronic signature. It's seamless and allows you to pull in more clients quicker. It also keeps my voice consistent with different clients. I can have automated responses ready to send. The price was worth it to me to get my sanity back!

Pros:

When I was drowning in emails in my inbox, HoneyBook was the place that everything was in one place. No emails were being looked over anymore, my contract and invoices were easily accessible (no more unprofessional word doc), easy to accept payments and HoneyBook made it so easy for me to do my taxes this year. I contemplated hiring someone to help take the load off the back work but HoneyBook does that for me with easy to use templates, reminders and automated email responses. I can't recommend HoneyBook enough!

Cons:

I have very few negative things to say about HoneyBook. The couple things I did note that may be helpful in the future, HoneyBook wants to know about. They offer surveys and take users suggestions to possibly implement in the future. All things were very minor and don't take away from the overall experience of using HoneyBook.

Maria
Publicist in US
Public Relations & Communications, 2–10 Employees

Invoicing made effortless with Honeybook!

Comments: Creating an invoice on HoneyBook is a straightforward process. It guides me through the necessary steps, from inputting client details to itemizing services and setting payment terms. The customizable templates provided also save so much time!

Pros:

Honeybook's easy-to-use invoicing features have set a new standard for efficiency. As a professional managing multiple clients and projects, HoneyBook has made the task of creating and managing invoices simple for myself and easy for my clients to make payments.

Cons:

There is nothing that I dislike about Honeybook.