15 years helping Israeli businesses

Google Drive Reviews

4.8 (27,451) Write a Review!

About Google Drive

Google Drive is a cloud-based storage platform that allows users and teams to store, access, and share files in one secure place.

Learn more about Google Drive

Pros:

It's wonderful, because implementation is seamless, no matter if BYOD or corporate equipment. Accessible from anywhere, collaborate and comment through phone.

Cons:

The only trouble I've had with Google Drive has to do with the windows software which has caused me some problems.

Google Drive ratings

4.7
4.4
4.6
4.7

9.2/10

Google Drive has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 27,451 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Google Drive before?

Filter reviews (27,451)

Igor
Igor
Trucking company owner. in US
Logistics & Supply Chain, Self Employed

Google for trucking.

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I like it all. All my email's and files are conected with mybpictures and documents so i never have a problem finding anything.

Cons:

Some functions arent available on the cell phone but they are on a desktop.

Computer Games, 51–200 Employees

Google Drive, the cloud in your hand

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Smoothly integrated with all the Google Services I'm using, Google Drive is very easy and pratical. Google Drive is part of the Google echo system, and it's very useful to bring/share your files around, backup your photos, write letters, create sheets, and even use with other online services.

Pros:

Fully integrated with Google's services, Google Drive is a very efficiant and easy to use cloud solution for your personal and professional files.

Cons:

Can be limited in some areas and doesn't offer as much space as competion

Ahmed darwish
Technical training in Egypt
Automotive, 51–200 Employees

Manage and control my files in Drive

Comments: Through the Drive application, I can receive or share my files, and also save a group of files with a common subject within a folder, thus facilitating dealing with those files. I can also save and share files in different formats, such as images, PDF files, drawings, and sometimes programs.

Pros:

I liked some things about it: First, reading some files or seeing pictures without having to download them, and also sending them to my friends and employers. The possibility of merging a large number of files within a folder, especially if the files are dedicated to a specific topic Drive deals with many file formats, such as Word, PDF, JPG, IMG, and links, which shortens the addition of many programs. It also works through Windows, Android, Mac, and the App Store.

Cons:

The disadvantages of this application are that it is difficult to arrange folders and files in it, and it also does not work at low internet speeds. In addition, it takes a long time to open the file through it, which forces me to download the file and open it through another program. It also has limited download capacity, which forces me to create multiple accounts

Kimberly
Kimberly
Communications Consultant in US
Legislative Office, Self Employed

Google Drive - not the best RIDE share.

Comments: For storing, it is fine. I mostly forget about the items I have in Google Drive. For something like organizing or sharing it takes more discipline. But it is nice for the entry price of FREE!

Pros:

As with most things Google, its DRIVE is adequate. It works for smaller businesses. The price point is excellent and using it with the rest of Google suite (workplace) offerings is seamless. It is good on desktop or in mobile applications.

Cons:

Google Drive is not able to be modified in needed ways. I like to color coordinate my files/documents. Also, I would like to show only those items I need via brands. This is currently not possible. Drop and drag with 3rd party platforms is not possible. Not with Constant Contact.

Rigo
Project Manager in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Seamless Cloud Storage Solution That Syncs With Our Teams Platform

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Using Google Drive has been a positive experience for me. From keeping our documents and photos used to collaborate on work projects, Google Drive has become an essential tool in my daily life.

Pros:

Google Drive has changed how we manage our digital files. Its integration with other Google services like Gmail and Google Docs ensures a smooth workflow for our team.

Cons:

Occasionally, I've noticed that large file uploads can take a bit longer, but nothing that can impede our workflow.

Clarion
Researcher in US
Broadcast Media, 11–50 Employees

Google Drive An Easy To Use Platform

Comments: It is an intuitive and simple platform to use.

Pros:

Google Drive is intuitive and easy to navigate. Am able to upload, manage, and retrieve documents without extensive training. The system offers robust organization capabilities, allowing me to categorize documents by type, project, or department.

Cons:

Google Drive is my one stop shop that has no downsides.

Justin
Justin
Digital Initiatives Director in US
Government Administration, 2–10 Employees

Excellent for Document Creation, Organization, and Storage

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: I love using Google Drive, both for my personal life and for business.

Pros:

I love that I can write documents easily, organize them in folders to my specifications, share them with relevant parties, and download them in multiple formats. It also allows me to share larger files with people with ease, which comes in handy when I can't use Outlook for file transfers.

Cons:

I'm not too keen on the new side bar features they've introduced easily. It's a side bar of options to change the program to dark mode and other options. I really don't use it and it often gets in the way of the "find" feature built into Docs. I think they should make the floating sidebar not interfere with the find feature; they could easily do this by setting the default of the sidebar a little lower on the document than where the find feature appears.

Food & Beverages, 10,000+ Employees

Efficient zero-footprint multi-device file storage and sharing

Comments: It is a very convenient tool to store and manage files for yourself and others you need to access the files.

Pros:

One single cloud-based repository for all files. Very easy to cover the main 2 use cases: "store files just for me", "store & share with others so they can access/ collaborate". G-Drive can be seen as the 'single source of storage' regardless of your location or device.

Cons:

The native G-Drive search bar does not always bring the results you expect. The recent ones you have been accessing will typically come up/ get suggested very easily by the 'seachg engine'. For the rest (not frequent files) it is usually required to access the 'advanced search' section to find the files you need.

Olden
Olden
Freelancer in Zambia
Design, Self Employed

Google Drive: Efficient software and user friendly platform for storing and sharing documents.

5.0 last month New

Comments: My overall peak experience with Google Drive has been great,I appreciate the platform's ability to access my documents, photos, videos, spreadsheets and other vital presentations from any device with an Internet connection anywhere and anytime.

Pros:

What I did like about Google Drive ,is these common features that it's simple to use,collaboration tools, large storage capacity,and seamless integration with other Google services.

Cons:

One of the frustrating thing about Google Drive is the limited storage space available for free accounts.

Matt
Matt
Sr QA Analyst in US
Hospitality, 10,000+ Employees

Always amazingly functional, so enjoyable to use

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: It's the easiest and most enjoyable document editing and management experience I know. My company pays for other products, but i still use this one on my own to write docs, create slides and track spreadsheets.

Pros:

I love how easy it is use, to figure things out and how nice it looks. It makes for a perfect experience of function and form. When I have a task where I can use, I enjoy it even more because I get to use Google Drive and it reminds me why I love good software.

Cons:

I don't like whatever security limitations my companies didn't like that prevented the from using it. I can't be more specific because it wasn't my job to evaluate that.

Kevin
Kevin
Software Engineer in Australia
Gambling & Casinos, 201–500 Employees

Google drive is my daily perosonal and work related cloud storage and always

Comments: Overall google drive is my key cloud storage, very well integrated into all my devices. And I am using it as part of my daily life, both personally and professionally. I would like to share it with my friends, families and colleagues. It also has a great integration with gmail which I am using to access emails and sharing documents.

Pros:

1. It has very advanced and strong security, you can upload files and limited different levels of access (read, write, etc) to you and your friends. 2. It has a very easy way to share documents with friends, by click a link to generate a tiny url that can be sent via email, sms, and all other chat programs. 3. It supports all types of documents, such as powerpoint, spreadsheet, word documents, pdf, and there are a huge library you can install extensions for more types of documents. 4. you can easily map local drive and it will take care of the synchronisation, and you don't need to do any extra work to have your documents available everywhere online. 5. excellent integration with gmail, you can insert documents from gmail text editor, also you can download and save attachment directly into google drive.

Cons:

1. Sometimes after I uploaded word documents, the format is messed up, it might be because the different format between Google and Microsoft office. 2. Sometimes it failed to upload from my mobile and asking me to provide feedbacks. But it never get fixed or improved. I would like to see more support from Google's team. 3. Permission management is a bit confusing, it is hard to have a overview which extensions have what permissions in google drive.

Facilities Services, 2–10 Employees

Great product for cloud collaboration

Comments: Google drive has been a great solution to our file management needs. It's ease of use and share-ability make it my go to soultion for cloud storages.

Pros:

Google drive offers a great resource for sharing files in my organization. It has saved us the need for on-site file storage. The drive is also vehicle that we can use to share files and information with vendors and customers.

Cons:

I would enjoy a feature that would allow you to see more details about a file in the drive platform (ie file type). This is available if you have the drive extension on your file explorer, but would be nice to have in the cloud also.

Kenny
Kenny
Web Production Manager Responsible for SEO, Web Design, & Social Media Marketing in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Google Drive Will Help Your Business Stay Organized

Comments: Google Drive helps keep our business organized by making it easy to create and share access to important documents. We use it to create SOPs and complex spreadsheets with Google Sheets to help us keep track of pages on our website and important metrics associated with those pages.

Pros:

Google Drive allows a business to keep all their documents organized and accessible online. From SOPs to important spreadsheets for your employees, everything can be accessed online and you'll never lose any data because it's always saved to the cloud!

Cons:

Google Drive could offer better security to keep all your sensitive data safe. With ease of accessibility comes the risk of breach. Adding more features that allow Google Drive to be secured more easily would be helpful.

Luccas
Luccas
CEO in Brazil
Industrial Automation, 2–10 Employees

Google Drive is what most people need, and they can benefit from it!

Comments: I really love the product. Made my life much easier and less stressful. Back in the day I'd feel anxiety about something happening to the computer I was working on and losing the files and all the work I had put in my company. Google Drive made it much easier to keep everything safe and specially to share the files with my co workers and friends.

Pros:

I really love to use Google Drive. It keeps my files safe, it backups my computer automatically, so I don't have to worry about the files being lost if my computer gets broken or stolen. It made my life much easier to share files with my co-workers and also big files, which were always very hard to share. It's also very easy to use and the added benefit or having Google Docs is amazing for work.

Cons:

I still feel like Clew makes a better job at finding your files through Desktop, which is a software that enables your computer to have a command + space bar feature type, but for Google Drive. Also, I miss being able to connect a hard drive on Google Drive and it automatically and safely backing it up.

Lindsay
Graphic Design Software, Self Employed

The most user-friendly content storage out there

Comments: Great! We use it every day as it integrates very well with all of our programs and devices.

Pros:

The ease of use is the best feature of Google Drive. We upload and share content across many users in which Google Drive makes it very easy to collaborate.

Cons:

I have two accounts with Google Drive-- a personal and business account. The business account is paid in which it has larger storage capacity. The personal account is free in which it is almost always running out of space. I'd suggest adding more space to personal accounts to back up photos and videos.

Accounting Software, 11–50 Employees

An Excellent Collaborative Tool.

Comments: I've been using Google Drive for quite sometime now mainly for freeing up space on my hard drives and partially for creating and editing contents through Google Docs. With it's user-friendly Interface and quick access speed, it offers some excellent features at an affordable cost and hence, makes for a great collaborative productivity tool.

Pros:

- Free Storage: With 15 GB of generous free storage, it successfully fulfills it's primary objective of saving space and providing an easy backup for your computer and mobile devices hard drives. Storing and downloading the backup is relatively easy as compared to other cloud softwares out there. - Google Docs Integration: Google Drive isn't just about storage with it's integrated Google Docs, which is a web-based freeware office suite including Docs (word processor), Sheets (spreadsheet) and Slides (presentation) as it's companion apps and is great for producing varieties of contents. It provides almost real-time collaboration with others with it's options like suggested edits and comments. - Intuitive Interface: It's online design has improved radically over the last few years. The main page shows thumbnails of your recent documents in the middle, a menu of all your folders (shared files, photos, starred, trash, etc.) along the left trail and options for sharing, previewing, seeing information about a selected file, etc. on the right. Syncing the data is quick where you just have to add your files to the Sync folder on your file system and the files will be uploaded to the cloud depending on your network speed.

Cons:

- Security: If your privacy is your biggest concern, you should look for a more secured option as there's no end-to-end encryption on offer as well as Google collects data from your online activities for targeted ads. Thus, there's a threat to your data stored on the cloud. - Pricing: Although it offers a sweet range of plans when it comes to the price, there are better deals present out there like Sync.com. That being said, with all the features it offers, you get your money's worth.

Frank
Frank
C.E.O. Marketin and comunnication specialist in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Six more ways to use Drive.

Comments: It allows to present your ideas, photographs and works by means of a presentation made with Google Docs and stored in Drive. Show it in your Blog or web to the size that you prefer and with the aspect that you want.
Allow your users to store in the cloud, in their own Drive account, the files that you offer from your website or Blog. No need to store them on a hard drive or external USB support, you can access them from home, your smartphone or wherever you want by accessing your Drive account. It is necessary to learn to use the Save to Drive button on your website.

Pros:

Google Drive is not just a cloud storage service offered by Google, it is also a set of tools that can enhance the functioning of web pages and Blogs. Blogger and many other options for web publications do not have certain services related to file storage that allow you to extend beyond your own concept as a content editor for Blogs. Google Drive can extend the capacity of applications such as Blogger or other means of web publishing to give them added value by offering "hosting" (hosting external files) or even functions that go beyond the storage of information through files, such as Use of forms. Let's briefly review some of the utilities offered by Google Drive not only as a perfect complement to Blogger but also as a fantastic service for other web publishing media that can take advantage of its advantages. 1- Storage and management of forms with notifications by mail for your website or Blog. 2- Hosting a complete website. 3- Storage and hosting of resource files for your website or Blog. 4- Creating links to download files for your website or Blog. 5- Offer on your website or Blog presentations made with Google Docs. 6- Save to Drive for your website or Blog. In short, Google Drive is a nice box of surprises that can offer utilities for your Blog or web that you might not have imagined and complement your daily work.

Cons:

For me, it's easier to create locally, upload to the cloud and edit collaboratively. Each member of the team uploads their chapter to a master document or that corrections can be made to the document by several people at the same time. Also in this case I prefer to use Microsoft's online tools. The fastest using the same tool both locally and online. And also I do not have to change my document organization depending on whether a document is included in a folder that is synchronized with the cloud or not.

Internet, Self Employed

Google Drive user review

Comments: Google Drive has become part of a lot of peoples work as it serves the most important feature as a shelf for all your files. Have been loving the minmalistic design . All the features which are being constantly updated and such keen intent on making things better with improving the experience consistently has also increased the intent as we can be assured of much more features which can help us is a delight to expect. An allround app with ton load of features with a minimal design and maximum workability makes this a need rather than necessity. There are other options in the market but the usability and ease makes it a clear winner from my view .

Pros:

I love that Drive has made it so convenient to have files and data at your disposal at any given time. All you need is an internet device. I like that all the drive is easily navigatable and the thumbnails is an added advantage. Absolutely been loving the drag and drop feature since it came. A well-thought list of features which makes things so easy and fast to use, access and download. Like the activity tab which helps in retrieving files easily for repeated use. Love the work space feature to share files among specific groups, making things lot easier and efficient.

Cons:

The first thing comes to my mind, when it comes to demerits is the fact that some time uploading or downloading content feels clumsy, much to blame the internet speeds I guess, Would like if the file thumbnails are a bit bigger would make things easier when you are scrolling to look for a specific file visually. Would like if the Data meter also displayed some more key features like a pie chart with different type files with data properties. Same applies to the drive itself if searching for a file could be different from the list or thumbnail to something more ergonomic would make the user experience much more delightful.from the conventional list.

Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

A great tool for collaborate and keep your files safe and accessible

Comments: I use Drive every single day to collaborate on my work and to keep files accessible on my personal life. Is super easy to use tool to keep your files safe, although there are better alternatives if you need to store huge files.

Pros:

Google Drive is my way to go if I need anything to be shared with friends and colleagues, Drive is so widespread in its use that virtually everyone will suggest you use it and frankly I rarely suggest something else. It's great for small teams to collaborate on multiple files, Google Docs makes it super easy to work over spreadsheets and text documents and you can also access previous versions of the file. You can also see who is editing the document right now and where is their cursor positioned. A huge benefit that Google Drive brings is that I know that my files are safe, even if I lose my computer my stuff will be there. The desktop client is quite reliable and is fast. Also, it integrates perfectly with the plethora of other services offered by Google, obviously. I like the sharing features available, you can generate a link, create groups, assign capabilities and even change the ownership of a file and folder.

Cons:

This is not really an issue, but Google Drive is not mean to be used as a file transfer service, you can use it like that but your Drive will end up cluttered with files you don't need, other services are better for that. I still can't believe you can't see how much a folder weighs! Or how many files it contains. Would be great to have a better metric on what is taking up space, for example, see what folder is taking up space rather than just files. Somewhat the competitors are offering three times more space for free, so as a backup service only, Drive is losing terrain.

Supun
Supun
Student in Sri Lanka
Computer Software, Self Employed

Google Drive is the Best Online Storage

Comments: I recommend using Google Drive for the people who looking for cloud storage. I did not face any problem when using it. You can afford 15GB free storage when you creating account. There is nothing to be afraid. All the data you upload to the drive is private and highly secured. Data will not lost or change with time. Best place to keep your important files, backups. If you want to transfer a file between two computers and you do not have any pen drive, just upload the file to the Drive and download it from the other computer. I think Google Drive is the best solution for the cloud storage.

Pros:

In my experience, I think Google drive is the most popular online data storing service available all around the world. Major reasons for its popularity are the features offered by the Google Drive to its users. Any person who creates a Google E-mail account (Gmail) will automatically receive a 15GB from Google Drive online storage space. This storage is allocated to the user free of charge. 15GB is enough for our daily activities. If we want more space we can buy more storing space from Google and it is cheap. Google drive is a cloud service and we can access our storage from anywhere in the world. Only we need is an internet connection and smartphone or computer. Privacy and security of the stored data is very high. Also we can share files in our drive with others. We can get a link to the file that we need to share and we can send the link. In this case, they can only visit the file I shared and other files in the Google Drive are private.

Cons:

I am using Google Dive over a long period of time. But I did not find any issues with that. There were some minor bugs in period that Google Drive was introduced. Google team is fixing every small bug regularly and release updates. Therefore I cannot point out any problem related to that. Some could have problems related to the interface of the Drive. But that is fine because Google Drive has a simple user interface. Other than that, no any issues.

Timothy
Timothy
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Great Software at a Great Price

Comments: Drive lets me and my team easily access files and offers great free storage options.

Pros:

I love that Google Drive comes with a huge amount of free included storage compared with the other players. Its easy to administer and I love being able to sync the same files and folders across all devices.

Cons:

I don't like that when sending a file in GMAIL through drive that you have to set up permissions and such instead of just being able to physically send them the file. I often times find myself having to download the file to my phone or computer just so I can send it to someone else.

Christopher
Head of Sales and Business Development in US
Wholesale, 2–10 Employees

Everything I need is here

Pros:

I only recently started using Google Drive (about 9 months ago) and couldn't be happier with where I'm at now with organization and storage of my most used and important files. After about 3 months of using Google Docs and Sheets I decided to completely abandon Microsoft Office and transferred all my files over here. The ease of use and storage capabilities within Google drive are what are what I like best. Having everything in one place with super easy access from both my mac os as well as ios has made my life 1000 times better. And not having to worry about saving my work every two minutes is also key. I primarily use this Google Drive with one colleague and the collaboration feature has optimized our production immensely. I've yet to even dig into all of the other apps within the drive and am excited to see what else I can start implementing into our business.

Cons:

I can't really think of anything negative about Google Drive. The only thing negative for me was when I first started using it I wasn't aware that you were able to work offline. That was actually what finally sold me on Google Drive and to move forward with using it as my main staple program.

Jorden
Owner in US

I use Google drive all the time. It's easy, has a free 15 GB free plan and has tons of 3rd part apps

Pros:

To start with, Google Drive offers a free 15 GB plan. Google Drive is very easy to use. You can sync files/folders on your desktop or even access files remotely from the website app. Most Android phones come with Google Drive already build into the phone so it makes it more convenient to access. Google Drive has beyond simple cloud storage, with its integrated Google Docs office suite. Google Docs is a browser-based and includes word processor (Docs), spreadsheet (Sheets) and presentation (Slides) software. The suite, which is free to use and works with Google Drive. Within Google Docs, you can collaborate with others in near real-time with options like suggested edits and comment. You can also view revisions that others have made and rollback to previous file versions if you don't like something you see. File versioning is available for non-Docs files, too. Deleted files are also kept indefinitely, moved to the trash until you delete them there.

Cons:

What I least like about Google Drive is related to it collaboration and sharing capabilities. For instance, if you share a folder with someone it's functionality is rather broad. You don't have specific links that only last a certain time or give the user limited time to access the file. I can be easy to lose track of the various links you've sent out and how has permission. I wish they had a notification system like Dropbox does for collaboration. If you are working with a team and someone uploads a file you can set it to notify you when the file arrives. Where in Google Drive this doesn't happen. Unless I am unaware of a third party app that allows this to happen. I also feel it could transfer files faster. It's not a problem with smaller files but larger files do take a long time!

Emilio
SEO in Spain
E-Learning, Self Employed

A Convenient and User-Friendly Cloud Storage Solution also for Remote Work

Comments: Overall, Google Drive is a convenient and user-friendly cloud storage solution that is well worth considering for anyone looking to store and access their files from anywhere. While it does have a few limitations, it is a reliable and secure option that can greatly improve productivity and organization.

Pros:

One of the standout features of Google Drive is its convenience and ease of use. It is available on all major desktop and mobile operating systems and offers a range of apps and integrations that make it easy to access and work with your files from anywhere. It also offers excellent collaboration features, including the ability to share files and folders with others and work on them together in real-time.Another key advantage of Google Drive is its integration with other Google products, such as Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides. This allows users to create and edit a wide range of documents and other files within Google Drive and access them from any device. Google Drive also offers a range of security features, including encryption and two-factor authentication, which can help protect your files and data.

Cons:

One issue is that the free version of Google Drive is somewhat limited in terms of storage space. Users who need more storage will need to upgrade to a paid subscription. Additionally, some users have reported performance issues with the Google Drive app on certain devices, which can be frustrating. Finally, while Google Drive is generally reliable, there have been instances where users have lost access to their files due to server outages or other issues.

belaadi
redacteur in Algeria
Insurance Software, 2–10 Employees

Google Drive review

Comments: I like how simple it is for me to contribute to, edit, and collaborate on files with other people. We can edit papers online; we don't need to download them beforehand. I may share videos and photos with others without emailing them one at a time thanks to this technology. It stores all papers so you don't have to keep them on your desktop and is simple to use. People who accept your invitation may utilize your database.The Word offers more features than Google Docs, yet copy/paste doesn't preserve the appearance of the copied text. Additionally, when opening new documents and uploading a word file, a new document for that file is automatically opened; this can be very annoying unfortunately.This application makes it simple to share and edit files with other team members, which improves teamwork. This serves our purpose and is beneficial. Google allows us to build up catering forms for businesses. We anticipate utilizing Google Docs for our upcoming assignments more intently.

Pros:

One of the best and most straightforward tools that can be implemented into any company is Google Drive. Google Drive allows up to 50 people to work together on documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and drawings at once, enabling numerous revisions of the same document to be distributed, edited, and changed. I'm incredibly pleased with Google Drive and its companion applications.

Cons:

As with many Google products, there is poor support, little room for improvement, a dearth of essential functions, and a dreadful user interface for the more advanced features.