• Overall

About Shortcut

Shortcut is a fast project management platform built for today's software team. Free for teams up to 10 users.

Learn more about Shortcut

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used Shortcut before?

Brendon S.
Director of Technology in US
Retail, 11-50 Employees

Small Business Software WIN

5 4 weeks ago New

Comments: The Shortcut software and formerly Clubhouse, has been exceptional! When I have use MS, Linear, and others, They don’t make as happy and relaxed and fulfilled as Shortcut does.

Pros:

The ability to use Shortcut the first day, integrate with our process easily and nicely, search items successfully every time, link items, all without a hiccup!

Cons:

I wish more people in our organization could use it!!!! Just doesn’t fit their processes at the moment… I am working on it though!

Simplest Project Management tool in our business

5 2 years ago

Comments: It's the best tool for our software engineering team

Pros:

It's super simple and opinionated in all the right ways. The user interface is extremely fast and responsive.

Cons:

My only ask would be to view EPICS in the stories view but it is a minor annoyance. Integration with our documentation

John D.
VP of Engineering in US

Solid Product with Curated Agile Experience

4 4 weeks ago New

Comments: A solid 8.5/10. Would recommend to others, would use again and keep using, but could stand to improve a few features that would bring it up to a 10.

Pros:

This software is a curated experience that intentionally limits setup and flows compared with other products like JIRA which are less "bounded." I think this is better for most teams which do not care to install extra plugins and fight with non-intuitive workflow items.

Cons:

There are some quirks in group selection and application, filtering, and sorting that do not always let me cross-cut the data the ways I want.

Benjamin B.

Effective Project Management for Small to Large Software Teams

5 4 weeks ago New

Comments: I really enjoy using shortcut and it has given us the ability to manage complex projects. I highly recommend it.

Pros:

Whether you’re part of a small software team or you’re integrated into a collection of agile teams at an enterprise software shop - Shortcut makes it easy and intuitive to manage the many integrated software projects of todays micro services oriented development style. We’ve found that Shortcut grew with us from 2 devs to 10 and we expect it to grow with us as we grow to 50.

Cons:

Story management sometimes feels like a full time job, but at least Shortcut makes it a joy. For our open source projects we have a hard time integrating with issues on GitHub where public issues are generated, but for our private projects, the GitHub integration is lightweight and effective.

Zachary D.
Head of Development in US
Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees

A perfect balance between the complexity of JIRA and the looseness of Trello

5 3 years ago

Comments: Years ago we started with JIRA, it did the job, but was so complex to administrate that we could not adjust and reaccess our process as we learned and grew. So we moved to Trello. Trello allowed a large amount of freedom to try new ideas on how we work. However, in the end, it was frustrating that Trello did not understand what software development was, and we had to rely on hacks to get proper reporting and insights. That led us to Clubhouse, which is a nice happy medium. It is opinionated on what software development looks like, but it gives just the right amount of flexibility so we can adjust as needed.

Pros:

* It embraces the modern development process * It's fast and responsive * Almost all you need is in one screen * It has multiple layers of organization (story, epic, milestone)

Cons:

* The higher layers of organization do not 100% align with our process * Some features are not available on different layers and it seems arbitrary. For example, you can't get a burn down on a sprint if that Sprint is not tracked as a "milestone". So if you are using Milestones to track large scale projects (maybe quarter goals or multi-epic initiatives) you have no way to track how your Sprint is going. Either they need a first-class Sprint concept, or allow burn downs on labels.

Benjamin B.
Sr. Product Manager in US

A Reliable, Scalable, Continuously Improved Product

5 3 years ago

Pros:

As a product manager, I love the usability of Clubhouse (CH). Having come from competitive products such as JIRA, Rally, Pivotal Tracker, etc., CH feels far more intuitive and the user workflows well thought through. I greatly appreciate the ongoing development by the CH team. It's always a pleasure seeing regular alerts come in with rather material improvements.

Cons:

Greater attention to how cross-team and cross-account collaborate using the software is a gap for me. Our business has a 2 or 3 different CH accounts mainly due to security needs (limiting certain access for groups of individuals). Which leads me to an additional thought which is, the ability to configure more granular security levels within CH is limited. Especially for an organization working predominantly with enterprise customers, we tend to have highly regulated standards related to third-party approved solutions.

Kevin l. H.
Head of Engineering in US

Excellent agile tool for single or multiple teams

5 3 years ago

Comments: We're a small team that had difficulty with roadmapping and mid-term planning with Trello, yet all strongly dislike the overhead and UI of Jira so we figured we'd give Clubhouse a shot, if it worked great, if not it was a worthwhile experiment. After switching we have no plans to move or gripes with Clubhouse and how it currently works. We've adapted our product planning to fit Clubhouse for the better as it brought just enough structure without being way over the top. Highly recommend this product!

Pros:

Clubhouse has been really easy to onboard to, curate our roadmap of epics and milestones, track stories across projects, itemize our projects (website vs marketing vs platform vs api vs apps) and segment our work across them but rolling up under the related epics with per project/epic/milestone velocity reporting.

Cons:

Figuring out the expected associations between Projects, Milestones -> Epics and how it fits into your product structure took a little trial and error. The main thing I like the least is that as a developer, I'm part of several teams (segmented by Product, Engineering, and Marketing, etc) each with different workflows, and that means I lack a continuous backlog to know "whats next" - I end up having to check each Team to do some mental prioritization to know whats next.

Pedro P.
Development Team Lead in US
Automotive, 201-500 Employees

Good interface, easy to use

5 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Very good experience, few hiccups over the years.

Pros:

I like the visuals, the ease-of-use, everything is pretty intuitive even the first time you're using it. It's been a couple of years since my team started using it, and it works very well for us.

Cons:

The name change recently forced us to adapt a lot of our automation regarding the app, but the reason for it was understandable.

Caleb K.

Shortcut rocks!

5 4 weeks ago New

Comments: We are a small-medium sized software / digital marketing agency and this helps us plan out our biweekly sprints in a very effective and easy to understand way. The ability to easily filter the cards viewable to things only pertaining to you, and also to block off certain sections from view really helps to prevent mental clutter and stress.

Pros:

I feel like the software is very easy to use, and has a sleek design, which is a huge plus

Cons:

I personally didn't get much use out of the epics, but I can definitely see the appeal

Lagin A.
Account Executive in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

hot new social networking application

5 12 months ago

Comments: Overall the experience is great! and I am excited to see it grow.

Pros:

I love it's exclusivity! Having to be invited by a member makes it just that much more desirable to get on. It's fun being able to directly interact with celebrities, movers and shakers, and influencers. The rooms are set up according to interest which is great as well.

Cons:

The thing I least like about it is the fact that it's invite only. It's kind of a love hate with that aspect. So many of my friends want to join and I know they would find the content useful but cant join due to limited inviting options.

Clubhouse Response

12 months ago

Hi Lagin - We are a project management tool for software development teams, not the voice chat social app with the same name. While a 5-star review is nice, we can't claim the credit here :)

Marc F.
Senior Software Engineer in US
Entertainment, 51-200 Employees

review

4 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Flexible design allows for different teams to work in different flows. Labels are extremely unstructured and therefore flexible to be used in different ways as needed.

Cons:

Write feature (documentation) is very important to us both for general documentation and for documents pertaining to specific projects / epics, but it's very buggy / not being developed anymore. No more mobile app.

Lauren B.
Lauren B.
Associate Product Owner in US
Construction, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Shortcut is user- friendly and visually appealing

5 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

It's easy to use and organize, and there are a lot of customizable features that the previous software I used did not have.

Cons:

I wish you could add blockers that aren't other stories, i.e. if I am blocked on something because I need to go confirm something with a Stakeholder, that's not easily indicated within Shortcut. We end up using a Workflow State for "Blocked" stories instead of using the Relationships feature.

Ezra S.
Ezra S.
Customer Support Engineer at Appointlet in US

A visually pleasant alternative to Pivotal Tracker

5 last year

Comments: Overall my experience with Clubhouse has been great. It's got a nice UI and is intuitive.

Pros:

The biggest win for me personally in the switch to Clubhouse was simply having a nice user interface to look at when dealing with tickets.

Cons:

The only issue I've had so far has been that I'm not always aware when a ticket has been reviewed. As a customer success manager, I file ticket reports and sometimes they get closed without my being alerted. We've attempted to solve this with a slack integration but I'm not sure that it's working as expected. Also, it would be nice if they didn't use markdown when you uploaded an image to a ticket comment.

Guy L.
executive in US

Smart software

5 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Very good - my team are all strong advocates. Much easier to use than Jira

Pros:

Easy to use - intuitive, multi dimensional

Cons:

I don't like the change of name - I think it's unnecessary

Matt S.
Sports, Self Employed

The best cross-project planning tool I've found for software development

5 4 weeks ago New

Comments: I've been the sole user on their free plan for a couple years now. Definitely recommend it - I like how it's organized and feel confident I can grow a team using the tool as well.

Pros:

Shortcut lets me track my tasks across projects with ease - in fact that's a core piece of what they do. I've struggled with tools like JIRA in the past that force you to jump through hoops to see tasks across multiple projects, which is a really frustrating experience as a company of one who is constantly shifting between stacks.

Cons:

Recently they deprecated their native mobile app, which I found to be disappointing.

Mohsen Z.

Easy and Effective

5 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Shortcut requires almost zero learning curve. It provides easy agile project management with no cumbersome extras.

Cons:

It would be nice to have a task-level board (in addition to the current story-level board) to be able to see the status of tasks quickly.

Isaac O.
Chief Software Architect in US
Renewables & Environment, 51-200 Employees

Easy to use and customize

5 4 weeks ago New

Comments: I've been very happy using shortcut. I love its features and whenever I have support questions or suggestions, they are very responsive. I've seen multiple of my feature requests fulfilled.

Pros:

Organizing across projects using epics and milestones helps keep things straight. Keyboard shortcuts allow quickly jumping around the workspace. Setting up saved custom filters in the story view help filter my work easily.

Cons:

Need a way visualize dependencies to properly organize work. A gantt style chart that wasn't solely based on dates might help with that.

Diego T.
QA specialist in Austria
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees

Clubhouse for QA

4 2 years ago

Comments: Really good software and great support for integrations. It takes some time for a user to get used to it.

Pros:

It provides integrations with Slack and other platforms so it's very easy to stay on top of every project. It does improve the workflow by making the information well organized. The epic feature works quite well for organized development.

Cons:

It's a bit complicated to use at the beginning. The searching filter feature is not easy to use it doesn't work most of the time. It's really hard to search for a specific keyword to get me on the whole software.

Software Engineer in US

Shortcut has significantly increased collaboration, communication and clarity of tasks and workload.

5 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Shortcut has significantly improved task management and provided a clear visual representation that can easily be communicated with a team.

Pros:

Ease of use, clear visualization, integration with other tools e.g. Slack and Bitbucket/Github.

Cons:

I'm very happy with this software. I don't really have any cons. It would be nice if it were completely free, but it is valuable to me either way.

Customer Success Representative in US
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees

Clubhouse, worth the membership!

5 3 years ago

Pros:

I like the fact that clubhouse gives me the ability to see what is being worked on a by who. I work remotely and find that sometimes my co-workers (who are in different timezones) are offline and I cannot reach them immediately. Clubhouse has a great communication system built into a worlds best ticket system.

Cons:

I don't have any cons really. The one thing I would like to see from clubhouse is possible more filtering options and a better way to report on bugs that we have.

Allison S.
Business Development Coordinator in US
Consumer Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Easy to learn and use

5 4 weeks ago New

Comments: It is an easy way to submit a card to gain a solid understanding of any data point available within my company that I cannot easily pull, submit information to gain historical sales data, solve catalog issues etc.

Pros:

Creating a Story to gain an understanding of various aspects and complexity of an existing or potential partner.

Cons:

There are really not a whole lot of negative things about the software...the overall view of stories and epics can be overwhelming, but nothing else I can think of as of yet.

Julia A.
Senior Account Executive in US

Easy to use for my basic needs of communicating requests and bugs to product team

5 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Easy to use, straightforward, and being notified on any updates.

Cons:

Would be great to have more resources internally for how to optimize/best use, but that's on my team probably.

Salesforce Admin in US
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees

Clubhouse for marketing—GREAT

5 3 years ago

Comments: As a small marketing team supporting a fast growing company, our plates are often full of tasks of all different sizes. We have tried managing those tasks in other platforms but discovered a lot of headaches along the way. Clubhouse has given us the ability to be as flexible as we need & keep track of any kind of task.

Pros:

The layout is so simple & ease to understand. Compared to other planning projects I've used, Clubhouse doesn't hurt the eyes! It's also just flexible enough without requiring a lot of backend building—perfect for a marketing team running scrum planning.

Cons:

None. I really, really like what Clubhouse has helped us do in terms of task planning & management.

Aleksandar M.
Data Analyst in North Macedonia
Food & Beverages, 201-500 Employees

Project Management tool for You

4 3 years ago

Comments: We are a big company with lots of teams, so Clubhouse helps us a lot with team collaboration and keeping track of the workflow and progress.

Pros:

Clubhouse is a great project management software, that offers lots of optimization and organization for your tasks and projects. It is very easy to use, with an awesome user interface, it really is collaboration in a nutshell.

Cons:

One of the few things that I can mention is the navigation through it, it can be somewhat difficult sometimes.

Eric V.
Director of IT Ops in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees

Flexible Agile PM Software

4 3 years ago

Comments: Clubhouse has been amazing for our teams and it's helped us to have more visibility into our agile processes. Clubhouse is also constantly innovating and new features come out very frequently that help us even more.

Pros:

One of the best things about this software is the ease of use as well as the ability to customize your own workflows.

Cons:

There isn't a well documented set a best practices. We tried a couple of different ways of doing things before we found what the recommended best practices were.