15 years helping Israeli businesses

About Dolibarr

Open source solution for all around business management from customers and orders to invoicing and inventory.

Learn more about Dolibarr

Pros:

EAsy to install, large set of features, fully integrated.

Cons:

Many features are missing, customization is not easier, many bugs are found.

Dolibarr ratings

4.3
3.7
4.2
4.7

9.0/10

Dolibarr has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 103 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Dolibarr before?

Onur
Onur
Co-Founder in Türkiye
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Dolibarr Review

5.0 last month New

Comments: My overall experience with Dolibarr is very good and positive.

Pros:

Dolibarr is a very effective hub for opensource EPR and CRM management. It really helped us to improve the flows and quality in our project.

Cons:

The UI improvements of the Dolibarr may be updated more frequently.

Jean-Noel
President in France
Information Services, 11–50 Employees

Dolibarr as a Prospect/customer management and invoicing system

Comments: We create all prospects, customers, products (but just a few) and services and it is easy to create them. the software help us a lot to make the follow-up of invoice payments.

Pros:

The software is quite easy to use. A lot of plugins can help to manage better the company and the leads/proposals. Update is better even if they can still improve it

Cons:

For the contract management for employees, the features are too lights !

Talha
Talha
Assistant Manasger Finance in Pakistan
Apparel & Fashion, 10,000+ Employees

Dolibarr to manage finance and account

Comments: Overall at this level, this software meet requirements with some headache, much modifications was made by our devolpers.

Pros:

Very easy to configure, import, export of master data like materials, vendors, customers etc, of previous erp is sophestically covered. Invoicing, banks, account, reconsillation is ok, suitable for small industries. User authorizations, checks and control is available.

Cons:

All business finance stratigies is not functional, like releasing payments etc. Some flaws found in invoicing status, margin report should be modified.

Alexis
Assistant technique in Lebanon
Libraries, 2–10 Employees

Good product, wish it will continue to evolve !

Comments: Well i use it for a litle library in lebanon. We bub books in france in euros, and sell it in lebanon in usd and LBP.
We also work in consignation, so we put our books in other stores... and we collect then the money each 2 month...

Pros:

I like that it has a very good process from proposal to facture. it's modular so i can select the modules i need. So i can chose the level of complication for the end user. I liked also to be able to buy some plugins that did something.

Cons:

Well, it's doing it's job ! i was a litle lost with the multi curency module. and a module for putting goods in a parthner store (and getting out of the my stock) but doing facturation when it is sold by the parthner. would be realy nice. in french we call this "consignation".

Virgilio
CIO in Portugal

quality opensource

Comments: As I said, I use and indicate dolibarr for professional and personal purposes as well, from inventory control management to financial control.
I am happy to work with a secure system that also provides me with solving the sometimes serious customer issues regarding database and customizations.
I developed in it a feature of the Brazilian Invoice. This was one of the developments that I performed with total satisfaction.

Pros:

I like dolibarr easy to customize, safe to use and practical to solve problems.

Cons:

from the lack of plugins or third party resources available to it. On the other hand, I believe this is due to the fear of giving credit to software that could topple big ones in the market.

Mohammed
CEO in Nigeria
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Dolibarr is Excellent Open source ERP

Pros:

The fact that it's free and well maintained. Has very vibrant user community

Cons:

Lack some functionality and flexibility needed to make ir universal.

Anthony
Anthony
Freelance webdesigner & marketeer in Belgium
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

My weekly assistant

Comments: I have been using Dolibarr for more than a year now and I absolutely love it (and so does my accountant). As a freelancer I used to work in Excel and keep track of my leads in a separate CRM. This was becoming quite difficult to track vendor and client invoices nationally and internationally and if I wanted to add something to my CRM, I had to pay for an upgrade. With Dolibarr I can do everything myself and expand the field I require.

Pros:

The amount of flexibility in this software is massive. Every single function is customisable and the functionality that is already included out of the box is everything a starting company needs. I'm using the CRM and invoicing module every week. My accountant has her own login to view and download all supplier and client invoices.

Cons:

The software has some learning curve. I host the software on my own server so if you don't know how to do this yourself, you probably will have to hire someone with technical skills. You are actually buying a lego-box but still need to build the castle yourself so you will have to put in some hours/days to set everything up.

Josep Lluís
Josep Lluís
CEO in Spain
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

A great ERP/CRM easy with PHP language

Comments: Small bussiness or Entities that need a ERP/CRM very cheap.
Also small bussiness or Entities that need a very personalized ERP/CRM for their needs.

Pros:

Uses the same programming language that Wordpress, Drupal, o Prestashop. Very easy to install in most common hostings. Good and open community. Free licence GPL.

Cons:

More events or meetups in countries that uses Dolibarr for interact with other developers and customers.

Bryan
Bryan
Tailor in US
Apparel & Fashion, Self Employed

Dolibarr truly is an all in one solution

Comments: In the time that I have been using Dolibarr, I have been able to better record and track customer inquiries that have then been turned into projects with invoices. I've also been able to directly tie expenses to projects to readily recognize if what customers are being charged is inline with expenses incurred by the business for the project. The more I have learned about the software, the more I have been able to think of better ways to integrate the software within my business.

Pros:

One of the things that I like most about Dolibarr is that it truly offers an all in one solution for my business (Sewing and Alterations) as it helps track every aspect of the business process.

Cons:

I haven't really found much that I don't like about the software as taking the time to learn the software has really been paying off.

Daniel
IT in Germany
Computer & Network Security, 2–10 Employees

Perfect CRM

Comments: We are using dolibarr for our whole business process, from customer contact management to invoice.

Pros:

- The system is a webbased CRM Suite - there are many modules for different cases - the system hast it's own Customer Portal - Own API

Cons:

- Some modules are not working at all correctly. (But please remember that it's a open source Project)

Mining & Metals, 11–50 Employees

A stable good all-rounder ERP

Comments: It offers all the functionality we need without complexity.

Pros:

Ease of use and the simplicity of enabling various modules. Also, the availability of various modules and support in different countries.

Cons:

The UI is somewhat dated which does not help visually especially when working with different types of data and information. It cannot be all white and black.

Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

All Encompassing

Pros:

Features that allow customization with Open Source software allows for trail and encourages feedback to actually make better!!

Cons:

Needs to be used to work...just as any CRM ERP everyone has to use it and not all of my employees were are happy with Dollibarr

Jari-Matti
Owner in Finland
Sporting Goods, Self Employed

Brains of my business

Comments: Dolibarr takes care of my needs for ERP, CRM, invoicing, accounting, customer support, stock management, warehouse management and reporting. Without it I would have ended up either in total Excel chaos or really expensive separate solutions.

Pros:

Dolibarr is quite straightforward to use, no training needed. Installation was easy, and the hardware requirements are low. Also, this software has a ton of features and can even be extended by using addons. It was really easy to implement

Cons:

Finnish translation is useless. Of course, I could contribute and translate it myself, but I simply don't have time to do that. No problem though, english version is fine for me.

César
Lawyer in Austria
Legal Services, 2–10 Employees

Useful all-purpose tool

Comments: Dolibarr has allowed us to have an overall view of the informations flows in a number of different companies where they lacked such a tool.
Although you may find better specific tools (for ex. for accounting or project management), it provides enough of all of them to have a starting point from which you can explore the actual needs of your enterprise.

Pros:

Its easy of installation and modularity means that it is very easy to start working with it.

Cons:

The usability and user-experience are not up to market standards.

Yaakoubi
Director in Morocco
Chemicals, 11–50 Employees

PRODUCTION

Comments: I used it for more then 7 years, but I have a very small business and a cooperative, I had three problems with it. First I lost my database one because I had payment problems. and Now my second problem is that I can not use it for production and third stock is not very straight forward. I get lost with virtual and physical, when I send a proforma invoice or order and it doesnt take and I want to correct, I always get lost.

Pros:

It is Easy to use, very stable. I can use it from anywhere.

Cons:

can not be used for production unit. I have a cooperative and I need to track my stock of ingredients that i use in production

owner in Brazil

Low Cost Solutions

Comments: It just does what it it is intended to do

Pros:

Easy to set up for an experienced person familiar with web based software. Extremely Low Cost. Fulfills my clients needs. Is cloud based accessible from anywhere there is an internet connection

Cons:

Difficult for a Novice to set up - requires the person to read the instructions

Arie
Boss in France

Using it since august 2003 (14y!) easy to use

Pros:

Dolibarr is easy to use, evolves regularly thanks to a generous team of developers. I use it almost every day. It is not limited in the number of users who have the right to connect. Dolibarr can be installed on a hosted or dedicated server, on the internet or locally. It suits me perfectly. The fact that it is a whole web solution, allows to be cross-platform.

Nilesh
Director in India
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51–200 Employees

Manufacturing , Purchase multi items from same vendor etc.. missing

Comments: Have started eval since v 3.6 to see if it can be implemented for MED sized Organisations. In 10.x almost everything is same as almost NO new features are added. Still not at a level of using it in my Org.

Pros:

Well organised, easy to use, very friendly. Can add custom modules etc., but need to know php.

Cons:

Tasks, Auto execution of tasks etc., not done since very long time. Backup is OK, but no Restore on web page. If you can add a design framework by which Non-PHP programmers can add their modules/queries to keep thing going.

Mohamed Amine
Mohamed Amine
Founder in Morocco

The CRM/ERP for Small and Medium Business

Comments: we began to use Dolibarr over 5 years now! it's easy to use, and my employes use it everyday for all our activity

Pros:

The most thing i like on Dolibarr, is it's easiness of use! we can use it completely from the first day

Cons:

it's not very usable for manufacturing business

Gianmarco
Dolibarr erp in Italy
Information Services, 2–10 Employees

Very satisfied by Dolibarr

Comments: I am expert in use fo software ma not all my teama are so. Dolibarr is extremely easy to use and very good also in mobile work.

Pros:

Easy to use, complete and you can manage all sectors of you business

Cons:

A lot of modules can use for all part of your business

Online Media, 11–50 Employees

Amazing for a free ERP system

Comments: Steep learning curve, but amazed at the breadth of the product and the configurability of it. Architects have clearly been refining Dolibarr for many years, and the product works as advertised and is very stable. Hard to understand why this software is not more popular in Western countries. Key attractive point for us was the multilingual capability (including support of 2-byte languages like Chinese and Japanese), and the open source nature.

Pros:

* Free to use (open source) * Multilingual * Full-featured * Open source, so we can build own modules * Frequently updated * Widely used in low-cost countries, providing a source of expertise * Cloud app

Cons:

* French developed, so almost no info in English, other than a not-very-helpful wiki * Zero 3rd party documentation explaining how to set it up - if you are not used to ERP and Accounting systems, getting started is hard * Takes time to find people who know the product in depth * Need some technical expertise to host

Daniel
CEO in Spain
Professional Training & Coaching, 2–10 Employees

Great Tool for small business

Pros:

Easy to install and to start to work with it. You have a free CRM and ERP to management your business. You don’t need great knowledge of IT

Cons:

It’s a bit difficult to change some parameters

Alejandro
Service Engineer in Chile
Medical Devices, 11–50 Employees

Dolibarr review

Pros:

sometimes to delete things its very hard to get, more tutorials

Cons:

add modules its not an easy action. no free app for use

yann
Responsable d'antenne in France
Civil Engineering, 51–200 Employees

OPTIM industries

Pros:

It is very easy to follow our business with dolibarr

Cons:

some bugs on software and difficult to update with linux server on debian

BeeKie
IT Manager in India
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11–50 Employees

Perfect ERP solution for FOC

Pros:

Every feature a ERP should have for Free of Cost Frequent update Useful new features with every update