15 years helping Israeli businesses

About Spendesk

Spendesk is the 7-in-1 spend management solution that automates manual expense reports & offers real-time visibility over expenses.

Learn more about Spendesk

Pros:

Easy management of subscribtions. Virtual credit-cards for purchases.

Cons:

There's really little to dislike. It sometimes (but rarely) doesn't work on all payment systems but I know they're working on that.

Spendesk ratings

4.8
4.6
4.6
4.5

9.1/10

Spendesk has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 216 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Spendesk before?

Tom
Tom
Head of IT/Software Engineer in US
Gambling & Casinos, 201–500 Employees

Expense control.

Comments: It enables you to track in real time the expenses incurred through multiple corporate cards that are required for many of our employees' day-to-day operations.
Excellent tool for ensuring that the internal budget is followed without deviation.

Pros:

Allows you to create personalized physical and virtual cards in order to avoid borrowing cards and losing control over responsible spending. If you contact support before purchasing, it will provide you with a personalized demo. It appeals to me because it has a simple and user-friendly interface that makes tracking card usage simple.

Cons:

This platform has nothing that I dislike about it.

Jack
Systems Manager in UK
Media Production, 2–10 Employees

Let down by slow customer service and some limited acceptance.

Comments: Spendesk helped us get on top of our paperwork and was a stepping stone to a more robust and complete system.

Pros:

First introduction to this form of payment software and dramatically reduced the time we spent chasing receipts and reconciling payments.

Cons:

Customer service was slow to respond and often unhelpful. Some major vendors did not accept Spendesk cards as payment.

Elli
marketing Executive in UK

Great expense reporting tool

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Really easy to use in terms of submitting expenses, good UI - much simpler than some other competitors. Doesn't involve endless steps and you can customise approvers etc.

Cons:

I think it'd be good if it did nudge notifications to approvers so you get reimbursed quicker as some people are just terrible at this so it'd be a good feature.

Sara
Operations Specialist in Spain
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Is useful, if youare only operating in Europe

Comments: Basically, is a good tool and gets the main purpose. but when you need more specifications and needs, you need to find other more complete. Then, the report at the end of the month needed to be modified because the import process to Netsuite was very touhg and the final statement very complicated to accomodate to Netsuite.

Pros:

The user experience was very correct. you could manage your tool very easy, and modify your accounting settings quickly.

Cons:

We were working with EUR and USD but we needed the GBP coverage. The multi currency was not very good covered, and we changed to other product. The reporting was not very good.

Gatuko
Accounting Manager in US
Consumer Services, 51–200 Employees

A Great Spend Management Solution For Business

Pros:

It comes with amazing travel management features It makes spend management and accounting easy It is helpful when it comes to payment processing

Cons:

It is all a business needs for spend management as well as accounting and no dislikes.

Christopher
Head of Finance in Germany
Construction Software, 11–50 Employees

Sucess Story

Pros:

100% control over all teams and their spendings Easy to use via app or directly on the platform Streamlining of Cash-out Customization of fields for export incl. cost center logic

Cons:

Missing export file with images for German accounting software Datev

5 years ago

Thank you Christopher for your great review!

Jordi
CFO in Spain
Online Media, 201–500 Employees

Everything undercontrol

Pros:

Having credit card as main payment method for our online providers was a mess. Spendesk gave us absolut control about our expenses, reporting and more over... authmatization! Never more share credit card data to employees.

Cons:

Spendesk should have been live 5 ago to avoid past problems :)

5 years ago

Thank you Jordi for your amazing review. We're glad to help you stay in control of your company spending!

Bethany
Bethany
CTO & Machine Learning Solutions Architect in US
Oil & Energy, 10,000+ Employees

Significantly improves budget management.

Comments: Spendesk allows for real-time expense tracking and quicker approvals.
It is a platform that has enabled us to optimize line item and budget execution.
It aids in the management of travel expenses.

Pros:

It allows you to automate processes and optimize your spending through an intuitive and simple interface. I like it because it allows me to better control the employees in my area and issue cards whenever they are required in the currency that they require.

Cons:

This platform has nothing that I dislike about it.

Freya
Commercial Manager in France
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

So easy to submit payment requests & get virtual credit cards

Pros:

The platform is super easy to navigate and use. It's intuitive to make a supplier payment request and track its status. Once I've paid, the system sends reminders to upload receipts. I like the fact you can drag + drop files into requests. We use virtual credit cards to for credit card purchases, too. The mobile app is super helpful for the same uses, too.

Cons:

If I want to submit an expense claim with several different receipts, I have to upload them one-by-one rather than drag + drop all into one request. The mobile app also does not support multi-receipt expense claims, they have to be individual requests.

S. Andrew
CSS in France
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Virtual card for emergencies

Comments: 199% satisfied definitely recommend it.

Pros:

Use it mainly when I need to use a virtual card for an emergency for my customers great interface never has any trouble with it

Cons:

Not much to not like. It’s working the way it should

Sandro
CEO in Belgium
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Forest Admin uses Spendesk

Comments: Forest is a Saas company. As any saas company we have a lot of online spending : IT, subscriptions (git, adobe, etc) or travel expenses to visit our customers.
We had only 1 credit card (mine) B.S (as Before Spendesk :p) which was used for every subscription leading to problems. I could not have a clear view on all my subscriptions ! I was also blocked because of spending monthly limit...
Using Spendesk helped me to control each and every one of my subscription + no monthly limit. I also use Spendesk for all my online spending and don't lose time at the end of the month chasing for invoices (something which is time-consuming and that I hate on a personal level).

Pros:

issue 1 card per subscription with budgets autonomy given to the other guys in my teams -> they can do the purchases themselves and I can use the customized approval flow to delegate the validation

Cons:

I am the one not putting my invoices on the platform now and my accountant knows exactly that this is not on one of my employees' side

8 years ago

Thanks for your feedbacks Sandro ! Glad to see that Spendesk helps you at Forest :)

Jules
Lead QA engineer in Belgium

Useful

Pros:

Intuitive, practical, incredible support.

Cons:

Chatbot is always displayed even if I don't need help

5 years ago

Thank you for your great review Jules!

Natalie
Head of Client Services in UK
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Easy to use and an enjoyable experience

Comments: It makes my life (and my bosses life!) so much easier. By giving me a budget I can spend with I don't have to pester by boss for money/company card access. I don't have to wait for expenses to be paid at the end of each month, I don't even have to log expenses! I also don't have to worry about losing receipts as I upload them straight away, and if I don't, Spendesk reminds me and questions why. It's a very intuative and user friendly platform.

Pros:

The app - the ability to instantly upload receipts on the go (and reminders if you don't!), updates on balance, pin easily available through the app.

Cons:

The sign up process wasn't as smooth as it could have been, I can't remember why or how now as it was a while ago but I remember getting my card in the post, with little instruction/information about what to do next. I then managed to 'sign up' but didn't register my card for ages as I thought I'd done that by signing up.

5 years ago

Thank you so much Natalie for your amazing review! We're so happy to read all your feedbacks, and we improved our customer onboarding process to avoid further confusion as you just mentioned :)

Verónica
Travelling Assistant in Spain
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201–500 Employees

Simple and effective

Pros:

Easy to use, the app has an intuitive design. The customer support is fast and efficient.

Cons:

I had a few payment failures but they solve the issue almost immediately.

Omotayo
Junior Finance Manager in Germany
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Spendesk Accounting software

Comments: Account Payables

Pros:

I particularly love the ease of use of the interface

Cons:

None that i can think of at the moment.

Food & Beverages, 501–1,000 Employees

Spendesk Review by a client

Comments: I am really happy to be able to use such a tool in our day to day operations

Pros:

Tool makes it extremely easy to pay our monthly subscriptions for other tools we are using to operate our business and we don't have to deal with those processes

Cons:

If you get different amounts every month for different subscriptions; you would have to get the amount approved by the approvers which could be a disadvantage since payment doesn't go through if that's the case

Edwin
Edwin
CEO in Belgium
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

Saves countless hours

Comments: It’s globally amazing!

Pros:

Accounting used to be quite painful for us. Immediate and automatic reconciliation saves us countless hours!

Cons:

It’s hard to create temporary card on mobile.

5 years ago

Thank you Edwin for your amazing review, it means a lot to us. We're super glad that you enjoy using Spendesk and that we're helping you save lots of time! Wishing you a great day.

Daniella
Marketing manager in France

Loving Spendesk!

Pros:

Spendesk has a strong UX, making their software a breeze to use. In a couple clicks, I can submit requests for reimbursement, add my receipts, get a virtual card, etc. I love how simple the platform is. It makes my job a lot easier!

Cons:

I can't say there's anything I dislike about the software. It meets all my needs and more.

André
Head of Finance in Portugal

Surprisingly helpful and efficient

Comments: Spendesk allowed WeTek to manage all the paperwork related to its employees T&E, using a more efficient and correct approach. We've also improved the flexibility regarding one-off online purchases and regular subscriptions. Expenses management became simpler and its platform is very intuitive. A very good experience and I would definitely recommend it.

Pros:

Automatic supplier identification and the ability to invoice the amount of documents uploaded. The user reminder feature is very useful, as well as its reports.

Cons:

It would be interesting to be able to select the expiration date of the issued credit cards. Also, physical credit cards should somehow enforce company spending policies.

5 years ago

Thank you André for your amazing review! We're really glad to help you and all teams at WeTek dealing with spending management.

Timothee
Accountant in France

accountant point of view

Comments: note: can't tell about "value for money". I use spendesk mainly as an accountant, sometimes as administrator or requester.

Pros:

From an accountant point of view, it allows very easy follow-up for expenses and a great overview of missing receipts. On classic accounts statements, you have few or no information about the expenses. Since our credit card was used by and for different departments in our company, it required me a lot of time to follow expenses and identify for what and for who the expense was. Very painful! Spendesk completely solved this problem.

Cons:

Honestly I don't see real cons as far as it goes. It's more about new features which would be great to be implemented.

6 years ago

Thank you Timothee for your nice review!

Bosko
CTO in Germany
Financial Services Software, 11–50 Employees

Easy to use and great for keeping track of invoices

Pros:

There is no need to hand out real CC details all over the internet and the reminders about uploading receipts are very useful.

Cons:

There is nothing I don't like about spendesk to be honest, it does what it's mean to do.

5 years ago

Thank you so much Bosko for your amazing review. We are really happy to help you on a daily basis!

Ollie
Shopping Centre Portfolio Manager in UK
Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

Pros:

It's great to make purchases and ideal that I need not use my own card for online payments

Cons:

There was an issue with where my approvals went initially though this may be because of my direct report within the company

5 years ago

Thank you Ollie for your nice review. We are happy to make your life so much easier!

Mark
International sales manager in UK
Events Services, 51–200 Employees

Great simple tool

Comments: Great software that allows me to finally no need to keep the receipts to claim expenses as a constant business traveller.

Pros:

Simplicity design and able to track my spending

Cons:

So far, the problems were solved and quite efficient.

5 years ago

Thank you Mark for your great review !

Daniele
Sales&Partnership Executive in Italy
Capital Markets, 51–200 Employees

Great Experience

Pros:

Ease of use makes it a top pick for corporate expences.

Cons:

Lack of contactless functionality in its shocking violet cards.

5 years ago

Thank you Daniele for your nice review. Stay tuned, contactless might arrive soon, such as new design from the card... ;)

Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

Makes a complex process quick painless

Comments: I regularly need to spend on incentives for gathering user feedback, and spendesk makes that process easy for me.

Pros:

As a user of Spendesk, it's great to feel enabled to easily make work purchases without needing to worry about expense forms, or waiting for someone to give you a company card. It makes my workflow faster.

Cons:

There's very little I don't like. I've only had two case where there was something in the UI that I didn't understand 100%, but it didn't prevent me from achieving what I needed to do.

5 years ago

Thank you for your great review!