15 years helping Israeli businesses

About Ease

"Goodbye Paper, Hello Ease." Ease is the top rated broker-powered benefits admin software.

Learn more about Ease

Pros:

It used to be a good value, providing decent entry-level BenAdmin for a reasonable cost.

Cons:

ACA reporting - this can be challenging and sometimes they are not able to fix mistakes that occur (such as newborn dependents don't show up until the month after their birth).

Ease ratings

4.4
4.1
4.3
4.4

8.5/10

Ease has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 166 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Ease before?

Willie
Willie
Employee Benefit Consultant in US

EaseCentral is an incredible service and a tremendous value for the yearly investment

Comments: My clients and I use it and we like it. Here's a recent quote..."2018 is going well... We have had a large amount of growth and employee turnover so it has been very busy. I am all caught up and have been on top of it all. EaseCentral has been what has allowed me to stay on top of it all. "

Pros:

My clients and I love EaseCentral because it is easy to use. Here's a recent direct quote from a client: "So far this year is going welll. We have had a large amount of growth and employee turnover so it has been very busy as the Director of Operation and HR Manager. I am all caught up and have been on top of it all. EaseCentral has been what has allowed me to stay on top of it all. " EaseCentral has allowed me to win new business because they were so impressed with the new hire on-boarding capabilities and benefit enrollment & management functionality of the platform. Also, I like that I can teach my clients how to use it themselves and administer their own benefits in about 10-30 minutes of training. Bottom line is it's easy to learn and use.

Cons:

About the only thing I don't like about EaseCentral is recently their Customer Success Support team must have just grown. When I called into EaseCentral in the past I would almost always get a person that I recognized and had worked with before. The last 2-3 times I've called in to ask a question of the support team, I feel that I got a new person and I honestly think I knew more about EaseCentral's features and capabilities than he/she did. That's about it...everything else is really 2 thumbs up. That's my feedback and the feedback from my clients have been very positive too. Thanks,

Anne

Pro's and Cons

Comments: Building benefits into EASE is not easy. I have helped other agencies get started with the product. 1 agency had it for a year and their Admin person had watched Video after training video but had yet to get 1 group finished on the system where they could actually use it.
We spent 2 days training them IN PERSON and getting them up and running.
Recently, Ive been helping another agent - again NEW to the system. They seriously messed up deductions on about 4 cases, as well as employee applications as you have to be careful naming plans and checking that if an employee selects each plan the apps are marked correctly. In this case- Met life dental apps were not being marked when employees selected dental, due to the Plan name being wrong in the set up. Another problem was due to setting up employees with JOB CLASSES - But not offering the each plan to ALL CLASSES ... I explained to this agent Employee Class better Match the Benefit set up OTHERWISE - NEVER USE JOB CLASSES UNLESS IT"S ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. For new users - building groups into EASE can lead to a myriad of issues. This goes away once you become proficient - but the learning curve can be devastating to agencies as we can lose cases over errors.

Pros:

EASE - Has User friendly screens and Reports. It is easier for employees to use and navigate benefits. We also like the EASE phone app

Cons:

We hate the Legacy mapping fees - particularly on the supplemental insurances such as vision and life as these fees practically take away our commissions on those plans. We spend time selling those as added value benefits , it's time consuming with very small commissions, so it's a RUB when EASE takes the equivalent of those commissions monthly for the Legacy mapping fees . These NEW additional fees can increase the software monthly charge by 30%

Maria
CEO in US

Originally Great but declining

Comments: Overall experience has just been okay. As I said in the title, originally it was great but over the past several years it's been declining as they've gotten bigger and have made updates to their company structure. The product is good and we continue to use it because we can't move platforms during the busiest time of the year for our agency. However, we are exploring other options. Ease's support area is bare and rarely provides solutions. It's very difficult to get a support ticket answered. If you aren't sure which department you should select for your issue sometimes it will go unanswered because you selected the incorrect department. When you notify ease support of issues with the rates they pulled from Vericred, you are told you are wrong even though the rates you are providing them are the rates you received from the carrier. Then they expect you to manually add the rates yourself if you are needing them updated quickly. With the growth of Ease it's is evident that they are simply money motivated. Our contract was recently renewed and the previous discount went away. When asked for another discount similar to what we previously had we were told what was in it for Ease to provide another discount as before. We are sticking around for at least another year but with this attitude its hard to say anything positive about a company who cares more about money than the product they are putting out.

Pros:

What I originally liked about Ease was that it was user friendly, support staff was accessible and had an easy interface. Integration with our business was seamless and had the tools we needed to set up our business and clients for success.

Cons:

There are some capabilities missing such as being able to really be notified when an employee has completed their enrollment. Or when the employer has added an employee. Or being able to pull a deduction report only for employees who are new hires and not the entire company roster. I don't like how there's little integration with other insurance companies. Other enrollment platforms have several integrations.

Tiffany
Lead Ben Admin System Specialist in US

Using Ease with Ease

Comments: My overall experience with Ease has been great. It has allowed us to grow our business drastically by providing a streamlined, simplistic technology solution. Although, we have found that we have increasingly grown dissatisfied with the service provided by Ease Support.

Pros:

Ease is one of the first ben admin systems I utilized when beginning my employment in the insurance industry. Due to it's simplicity and user friendliness, it has always been a preferred system to utilize. Not only is system configuration a breeze, but we find that our clients easily get accustomed to how the system operates as a whole.

Cons:

The biggest con about Ease is its customer service. We have not had a great experience with our designated Customer Success Managers, as we have experienced lack of response and extreme delays in issue resolution. When reaching out to Support, we are frequently told different information by various representatives spoken to.

Harley

Top Choice

Comments: Ease has been a solution to the Covid 19 problem where enrollment can be done by the employees at their homes. It has also been wonderful for groups with employees in multiple states for them to enroll on-line. And there is no missing information as the program requires answers before you can go to the next section. Customer support is right there to help you, no long waits that stops your progress.

Pros:

The Ease software is easy to use. Adding a new company is a snap because all the product data, forms and plan designs are in the Ease library. Plan Administrators love the fact that all of their employee's information is at their fingertips and chasing illegible enrollment forms is a thing of the past. And, 1095 ACA reporting is quick and easy. A Great feature is that you have a Success Manager assigned to you so you can get up and running quickly and someone to go to for assistance with any feature.

Cons:

I am waiting for integration with some of the largest carriers to take place so enrollments and terminations would be automated. However, Ease has added multiple carriers to that list, just not the ones I sell.

Matthew
Client Services Manager in US
Insurance Software, 11–50 Employees

Ease Greatest Tool for Brokers to have!!!

Comments: Fantastic! The first minute that I heard about ease, I was all over it and wanted to see the product immediately. From that day 4+ years ago I haven't stopped using ease whatsoever- the truth is that ease has been a power-play tool for me in my multiple implementations. If I ever hit a wall and there is an issue, I love how ease is always there to fix and assist with the problem. I can not recommend ease enough- this has changed my productivity and ability to engage my clients and their employees.

Pros:

I love the User experience of the software compared to other competitors in the marketplace. The overall system is wonderful, works like a charm, super easy to administer benefits. The software is always driving forward and enhancing their capabilities, so for my sake I can't choose just 1 thing about ease because everything works perfectly.

Cons:

I would like more flexibility with the document generator for custom documents. The employees need some expansion on types of income/compensation that the employer can have as options. It would be nice to have the ability for Per Diem compensation, hourly plus salary pay types...more options

Maria
HR Manager in US
Environmental Services, 51–200 Employees

EASE made easy!

Comments: You basically set up all your plans and emails that you want to send to employees. Add all employees in with an excel sheet. Then you can start by sending an email that goes out to employees to select their benefits. You can even put a video like a tutorial on how to use.

Pros:

I loved that this software is friendly user for both the administrator and for our staff. I never receive any complaints from our employees.

Cons:

Honestly, I can't think of anything negative to say about this software. It's so easy to maintain.

Nadia
Employee Benefits Consultant in US

The name say's it all

Comments: When we selected EASE we were looking for a platform that would be simple to implement and would reduce administrative work time for our account management staff. We have found EASE can accomplish those tasks well. While we did need to designate time for implementation and training for our staff as well as our clients, we found that time spent on ongoing service work reduced.

Pros:

The Ease of implementation and carrier connections.

Cons:

The lack of options in the H.S.A. contribution build and the cap on broker users.

Victoria
Victoria
Account Executive in US
Insurance Software, 11–50 Employees

Make your benefits administration easy with Ease!

Comments: Overall experience has been good. A little overwhelming in the beginning when first implementing groups, but client support has increased and made it easier over the years.

Pros:

This platform puts the employee in the driver seat for managing their profile and benefit elections. The platform provides legible forms for carrier submission or helps integrate an electronic feeds for eligible carrier partnerships. Ease provides very details support with check lists, tasks and videos to guide ease administrators.

Cons:

I would like to see more medical carrier connections for Washington state.

Human Resources (HR) Software, Self Employed

Intuitive, easy to use

Comments: Companies love Ease when I introduce it to them. It's simple, clean-looking, and cuts down on paperwork.

Pros:

I like how intuitive the software is; everything is where I think it will be.

Cons:

I don't like that I have to add certain history manually (for example, the previously-taken PTO in EaseHR).

Bill
Insurance Software, Self Employed

Bill Warren's Ease Review

Pros:

The most value I find with the software is that information I need for my clients is readily available. Information on specific employees or the descriptions of a client's benefits are just a click away. Enrolling new groups and open enrollment are much easier since employees receive the enrollment material electronically which includes their benefits and payroll deductions so they can make informed decision. The employer and I can track progress and receive information on a more timely basis and the enrollment material we receive is legible. I can easily download employee enrollment information to the insurance company's enrollment format which save time and is completely accurate. Enrolling new employees during the plan year is much easier for the employer, employee and broker.

Cons:

The main issue that I find with the software is that it does not connect with my insurance companies. Currently only 1 of my insurance companies is connected with Ease. Due to the non-connectivity, I have to manually input changes in enrollment. When my customers add to delete employees on their insurance plan, I have to manually make the change on the insurance company's web site. It really simplifies the process for the 1 insurance company that's connected to Ease.

Patti
Account manager in US

Account Manager

Comments: Several years ago, we used Ease to manage the benefits of a large employer with multiple benefits and multiple eligibility rules. The group was managing their benefits manually and via spreadsheets. The group was able to implement everything in Ease. An Ease representative made himself available over a holiday to help us import data and implement this group.

Pros:

Ease provides a great platform for onboarding and benefit enrollment. From the setup side, Ease is one place to store all benefit plan information, eligibility rates, employee demographics. I use Ease as my go-to place when I need to reference enrollment or benefit questions.

Cons:

I do not have anything specific I can say I do not like about Ease. There are continual enhancements being made and sometimes I do not know about the functionality until I am processing a change or a renewal.

Aida
Broker/principal in US

Ease Review

Comments: It has been ok. Support is getting better but I oftentimes figure things out on my own.

Pros:

I like the simplicity on the employee's end.

Cons:

The back-end setup can be complicated and time-consuming. There are always issues that are unpredictable. Even when running tests there are scenarios that come up that end up in errors. Training is poor on the product. It has been a learn-as-you-go experience.

Nancy
Operations Manager in US
Insurance Software, 2–10 Employees

One piece of constructive criticism

Comments: Overall, have been very, very pleased, and our employers have been overwhelmingly happy. Even those we more or less forced into moving to the platform have come back and said how much they like it. It's made our admin lives much easier.

Pros:

The efficiency and accuracy - save us (or our employers) a lot of time that we were previously wasting, having to follow up on paper forms to get missing information, figure out what something said that we couldn't read, etc.

Cons:

There have been a couple of things that are inaccurate or incomplete. For instance, the program seems to automatically default to saying the Rx coverage is NOT creditable...but most of them are. There has also been at least one case where the detail of the BCBS lab and x-ray benefit was not exactly accurate. We can "fix" these, but we DEPEND on the program to do most of this for us.

Byron

Easy to Use

Comments: Better record retention and reporting for all aspects of employee benefits.

Pros:

Intuitive navigation Ease of set up of benefit plans, with their inherent granularity Very easy to create open enrollment menu for participants

Cons:

1) Not enough payroll vendors have current APIs for connectivity with Ease. 2) Statutory market (<100) medical carriers not yet connected with APIs for eligibility; large group (>100) connected via aggregators.

Andrea
Insurance Software, 11–50 Employees

Easy to use, responsive support team, excellent service & training options, very secure.

Pros:

LOVE that EaseCentral provides brokers with a single source, easy-to-use system that integrates onboarding, employee benefits, payroll and many additional HR and compliance features to support and bring value to our small business clients. Complex (multiple eligibilities, classes, locations, ...) and customized benefit options are made simple for the employee - allowing them to compare benefit plans, enroll and access their benefit information 24/7. EaseCentral has been an invaluable tool and has allowed us to grow our business and better serve our clients.

Cons:

Brokers and Admin are not copied on emails they send out from the EaseCentral site. Unable to search all Employer Groups by an employee's name.

Joanne
Sales Assistant in US

Time Saver

Comments: My work requires obtaining accurate census details and the Ease provides that at a moments notice. It speeds up my work in getting insurance proposals and reduces the work my employer clients have to do. The excel spreadsheets makes it so easy to customize each report.

Pros:

So easy to conduct enrollments and keep health information confidential. Employees can enroll at home where they can discuss choices with a spouse and have access to medication details for the necessary medical information required.

Cons:

The customized reporting option is great, but it's a little complicated to get started and took some time to get good at it.

Stephanie
Account Manager in US

Efficient Enrollments

Comments: Enrollments are so much smoother, whether for a new hire, a renewing group or for a new group. It saves so much time not having to go over handwritten paper apps any more. More complete data is also available at my fingertips, easy to find and access. No more having to dig through the files to find a rate sheet, or manually calculate a family level premium.

Pros:

I love how smooth the enrollment process is for the employee, the group admin, the brokerage, and the carrier. No more having to go back and forth with missing data, illegible handwriting, incorrect effective dates, etc. Plus, having the contributions, and benefit details right there for the employee, it makes their options and costs easy to see in order to make an informed decision.

Cons:

The search function is a bit limited. When searching for an employee, it will only search within the selected status, ie "Active", so it can make searching a little more complex than it could be.

Jeanne
Benefits Consultant in US

Easy Ease

Comments: This has made quite a difference in managing multiple Clients and their needs. By far Ease maintains to best Support Teams for any product that I have used. They are quick, knowledgeable, capable and friendly!

Pros:

This product is easy to set up and manage. The deployment to new hires and at Open Enrollment time gives us all time savings and the critical control of those processes.

Cons:

Some of the features have idiosyncrasies. I find that I call Support several times a year over such things.

Dede
Insurance Software, 11–50 Employees

Broker with large and small clients on EaseCentral

Comments: Able to offer Ben administration at no charge to all our clients as perk of doing business with us. We charge set up fees for micrclients only.

Pros:

Able to manage all Ben administration needs and keep close eye on employee experience and provide our tailored employee decision support, ability to fix employee errors/changes and override quickly and easily

Cons:

All systems demand set up time- this is no different, took my staff time to get through learning curve mostly self taught- need staff who can do this efficiently

Lovett
Director in US
Insurance Software, 2–10 Employees

Reduce Admin time and cost for employer, employees and producers

Comments: tracking all client information
Census on demand
easy click for marketing with partners
as a broker / consultant it is of value to be able to access client information and to empower the employer HR to be able to access enrollment and plan information.

Pros:

Easier Open Enrollment as well as ongoing enrollment as it shows enrollment status for each employee. Employer and employees like 24/7/365 access to benefit information Employer can track admin changes and employee access Added Security - 2 step authorization process to login Paperless Compliance documents posted Reports easily available - census, enrollment forms, by plan, employee, vendor, etc Compensation statements convey true employer value Carrier/Vendor partners automatically download eligibility so employer need only enter it into EASE system.... example Employee termination - HR enters date and reason; COBRA will automatically generate when the TPA picks up the data weekly (Sunday nights).

Cons:

Wanted: more carrier partners such as Delta and VSP to automatically download eligibility waiver form completion - currently requires an extra step to download and check box before forwarding to carrier

Jason
Producer in US
Insurance Software, 2–10 Employees

Ease makes Open Enrollment Easy!

Pros:

It eliminates the need for paper shuffling on all of the forms that are required. It also keeps enrolling members from missing information and having to go back and get it later.

Cons:

As a Broker, I wish there was a way to login simultaneously to help the technology challenged members trying to make their benefit selections

Blanca
Account Executive-EB in US
Insurance Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

EASE makes Benefit Administration Easy

Comments: I enjoy using/working with EASE. It makes my job easier with helping our clients and any issues they may have.

Pros:

EASE is fairly intuitive and setting up clients/benefits is pretty easy. I especially LOVE/appreciate that if I get stuck on something, EASE customer service is TOP NOTCH.

Cons:

I'm sure there are some, I just can't think of any.

Melissa
Insurance Software, Self Employed

EaseCentral makes eligibility management a breeze!

Comments: Saves me time processing eligibility and managing open enrollment

Pros:

No more paper, no applications slipping through the cracks, and I no longer have to decipher untidy handwriting. Open enrollment is so smooth and much more organized.

Cons:

I'd like to see more integration with major carriers so we can send enrollments/terminations/changes directly to the carriers through EaseCentral.

Angie
Producer in US
Insurance Software, 11–50 Employees

Super easy to work with and easy to use website.

Comments: Ease of enrollment for our clients, ability to print carrier forms and rates for payroll.

Pros:

Ease of use. It takes little time to set up and if I need help, the customer supposed team is top notch!

Cons:

I think I like least is how the rates and plans are designed. It's very hard to find the medical plan rates you need and often the medical benefits has errors.