15 years helping Israeli businesses

About Bob

HiBob operates in 174 countries, and serves over 3,000 modern, global, mid-sized businesses that include more than 600,000 employees.

Learn more about Bob

Pros:

Very intuitive, gives the organization one stop shop for all HR related issues (assessments, reviews, surveys, benefits, etc.).

Cons:

Sometimes things are not that logical in how it works, for example, people are able to go into negative holiday balance.

Bob ratings

4.5
4.6
4.4
4.5

8.7/10

Bob has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 146 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Bob before?

Shay
Shay
People Solutions Specialist in US

Bob to the rescue!

Comments: Bob has simplified many aspects of our business. I can see and feel the ROI immediately and plan on doing those calculations at the end of Q4 to provide the leaders with percentage and data to showcase the ROI.

Pros:

Bob has been great! We wanted a system that could be customized and unique to our unique workforce and business model. We found that in Bob!Implementation was a breeze. User friendly system allowed our employees the ability to get into the system with SSO, no technical issues & start using the system right away!

Cons:

I would love the opportunity to "nudge" or remind people that have a task outstanding. Similar to when folks have pending documents. I would also add more features to the mobile app function. Currently it serves mostly as a directory but documents should be made available on the mobile app.

Alternatives Considered: ADP Workforce Now , BambooHR , Paychex Flex , Workday HCM , monday.com and Paycor

Reasons for Switching to Bob: We choose Bob over other products because of:Custom features such as tasks, documents, worktables/sections User friendly/Mobile friendly app Unique features such as groups/interests to increase engagement Unique time off and holiday calendars to meet different site requirements

Biotechnology, 51–200 Employees

Great for Growing Global Company

Comments: Our first implementation specialist was amazing. She provided excellent resources and followed up quickly. She was knowledgeable and helpful. Our account manager is also very good and she works with us monthly to help make sure that we're meeting our annual HR goals by reducing administrative workload in the system and allowing us more time to focus on the people of the organization.

Pros:

More than just an HRIS, it's a place for employee engagement. Great personalized homepage to keep people updated. Easy to use and to set up. You can keep a pulse on the culture with ease. They are constantly improving product and takes feedback from clients and they keep you informed. They also work with you to ensure that the product is meeting your needs and help you find ways to better utilize it. It's easy to implement new items and grows with the company well. We were able to globalize our Org chart and better integrate the global teams.

Cons:

Currently, there is no way to have a site admin vs a total admin. This is an issue if you want a HR lead at each site to be able to customize the program without access to their counterpart's private information. Also, employee's do not have the ability to opt in or out for their birthday or work anniversary being shared. There are work arounds but right out of the box, it's either all employees show up or none show up on the homepage.

Alternatives Considered: UKG Ready , Access PeopleHR , TriNet Zenefits , BambooHR and Ciphr

Reasons for Choosing Bob: Needed to globalize our systems and find a system that could serve us as we grow.

Reasons for Switching to Bob: Had the features we needed and big on engagement.

Pankaj
IT Operates and Support Manager in Sweden
Financial Services Software, 51–200 Employees

Backbone HR

4.0 last month New

Pros:

In it's absolute definition HiBob is our backbone when it comes to employee management with it's simple yet effective Google integration! I'd definitely recommend it!

Cons:

It's task reminders are not consistent and sometimes it duplicates the tasks when an auto tasks is triggered manually. If a task is triggered manually the auto version should not be triggered.

Alternatives Considered: Zoho People and BambooHR

Reasons for Choosing Bob: Cost, it's lack of support and complex configuration.

Switched From: Blissfully

Reasons for Switching to Bob: Cost compared to it's competitors, it's Support and ease of use.

Sara
CHRO in UK
Insurance Software, 51–200 Employees

Looks pretty but not an effective HRIS

Comments: I inherited the system from my predecessor who was non HR. It looks pretty to the end user but on terms of functionality it is limited and feels totally detached from what HR professionals actually need

Pros:

There are very few positives I can draw on

Cons:

The software feels like it has been created in the absence of any HR feedback. Forms dont flow, modules arent effective (talent management for example is completely 2 dimensional and not aligned to any global talent frameworks), org planning is almost impossible.

Salesforce Administrator in Romania
Financial Services Software, 201–500 Employees

Streamlining HR Operations with HiBob

Comments: Overall, our experience with Bob has been highly positive. It has significantly improved our HR processes, from time tracking to performance management and feedback collection. The platform's user-friendly interface, robust features, and responsive support team have made it a valuable asset for our organization, driving efficiency, compliance, and employee engagement. We look forward to continued success with Bob as our HR solution.

Pros:

The efficiency and convenience of Bob's time tracking and time off request features were particularly impressive. It streamlined our HR operations and made it easy for both employees and administrators to manage time-related tasks. Additionally, the integration capabilities with other HR systems ensured a seamless workflow.

Cons:

While Bob generally excelled in its functionalities, one area for improvement could be the customization options for surveys and feedback. Having more flexibility in designing and tailoring surveys to specific needs would enhance the platform's versatility.

Marija
People Manager in Sweden
E-Learning, 51–200 Employees

Affordable, customisable and easy to navigate

Comments: We are satisfied with hibob as our HRIS solution. We are a remote company so it´s really important that all is in one place and that we can track each other bank holidays, different announcements and just being able to get all relevant data with few clicks.

Pros:

The easiness of setting up and customising the system to the company's needs. Not to forget that the price was less than what we were paying for another software that has not had half of the features like hibob. In the end, the system is pretty straightforward for the users, if you are an admin you can easily get the information you need and all is even accessible from your phone.

Cons:

Some of the features could be more customisable such as an organisation chart, conditioning on reviews but if you do report it to the team they communicate if that customisation is on the roadmap or if they believe they will develop it. It would be great to have webinars on new features and great practises of hibob employees itself.

Amanda
People Operations Manager in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

A big project to implement but worth it at the end

Pros:

Having used other HR platforms, Bob definitely seems to have more robust features. Their support team has been very helpful so far, and we've heard a lot of excitement from our team about rolling this out. It's pretty flexible and customizable, and the home page is one of the best I've seen.

Cons:

The implementation is a very big, time consuming, project. As I mentioned there are a lot of features, so that requires a lot of set up. And unfortunately, not every feature is as straightforward as it may seem.

Vilius
Vilius
Head of Organizational Development in Lithuania
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Great all-around people management software

Pros:

bob team is extremely agile and receptive to feedback. New features are pushed frequently and we feel heard when talking to the client service.

Cons:

Most definitely the application's speed. It's sluggish, and the login takes forever.

Alternatives Considered: Zoho People , Namely , BambooHR , Sage HRMS , Workday HCM and Podio

Reasons for Switching to Bob: bob seemed to have the best balance between customizability and provided/fixed frameworks of people management.

Helen
HR Business Partner in UK
Research, 51–200 Employees

Effective and Intuitive

Comments: Very positive, lots to do and adapt for each business

Pros:

It seems unique it is adaptability to any and all businesses

Cons:

There are so many elements to bob, so there is a lot to learn

Product manager in UK
Renewables & Environment, 51–200 Employees

Bob is great

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Easy to use, does its job, I like the way an employee can book holiday and see the other colleagues time off

Cons:

The attendance part which didn’t track the time correctly sometimes when clocking in or out

Nour
People Ops Lead in Greece
Consumer Services, 201–500 Employees

My Skroutz use

Comments: Its good

Pros:

Easy, UI/UX friendly, surveys & feedback

Cons:

Sometimes support takes forever to help

Alternatives Considered: Lattice

Reasons for Choosing Bob: more features

Switched From: Cezanne HR

Reasons for Switching to Bob: Total offering

Linnea
People Growth Partner in Sweden
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

The best HRIS on the market

Pros:

I've used several HRIS in my profession, but so far nothing compares to Hibob. It takes some time to set up and could be complicated as an admin, but it's extremely well designed and easy to use for the end user (employees). And the customer support is very good and responsive.

Cons:

I am missing a couple of features:- Being able to schedule recurring 121:s (and integration with e.g., zoom )- The employee being able to schedule 121:s with their manager.-The ability to manually add tasks (in case of a tailored on/offboarding for one specific role)

Sara
P&C Operations Specialist in Spain

The Best HRIS of the market

Comments: We solved the global management of a lot of employees of different countries, as you can define sites and places depending on the country, and apply different time policies, and set different configurations as your convenience. The support team helps you to solve any doubt or question, and gives you all the documents and excels to import all the data you need.

Pros:

I think ALL. Is the best tool to keep your employees database with all the HR needs. It's contain all the needs and functionalities. I did not try the payroll system. But I wish I could develop it sooner than later.

Cons:

Nothing. I think is the best tool available in the market.

Tory
People Operations in Canada
Financial Services Software, 51–200 Employees

An HRIS that does it all and then some!

Comments: Great all around HRIS. I would and have recommended to others.

Pros:

Bob is intuitive, easy to use and gets ahead with all its features. It's not only an employee data management software, it's a one-stop-shop for all-things-employee lifecycle (performance, surveys, compensation, org charting, reporting, etc.). Employees love to use it because it provides value to them outside of simply storing their data with things like shout-outs, company announcements, clubs, interests, demographics, etc. It's also very beautiful to look at!

Cons:

Hard to pick something to dislike. I will say that sometimes it takes longer to hear back from chat support. I wish they had an implementation team or person to work with you to set the tech up appropriately according to your use case. The implementation is very self-lead, and for someone that is maybe the only person in their department, this can be overwhelming if you can't find the time to dedicate to it. Other than that, I'm very happy with the software and each team member I've had the pleasure of chatting to has been more than helpful and lovely.

Gretchen
HR Manager in US
Computer Software, 501–1,000 Employees

Great for organizing globally

Comments: We are still working to find the best way to use Bob for many tasks. However, it has really allowed our HR team to unify on practices and documentation in a way that we couldn't before. Our management team likes the ease of requesting promotions and raises for the team, and everyone enjoys the visually attractive org chart.

Pros:

The interface is easy to use, which leads to high rates of adoption. We also like that it works for our employees in Russia - finding a product that works in Russia was difficult, and it kept us from uniting as a global organization. Finally, I like how customizable and configurable it is. Teams in different companies or even different states have very different needs, and Bob lets our HR team build processes that are conditioned on employee demographics.

Cons:

It's a steep learning curve! You need to have someone on your team prepared to really learn the software inside and out.

Monica
Global People Coordinator in UK
Professional Training & Coaching, 201–500 Employees

BOB is perfect

Pros:

Bob is a fantastic product that includes all the features that we need and is still developing more on a monthly bases

Cons:

Integration with our payroll provider is not available

Claire
Account Executive in New Zealand

Easy to Navigate Platform! Useful and user friendly

Pros:

It's very easy to navigate as a user. The side panel makes it easy to find what you are looking for. The Time Off section is what I mainly use Bob for and I like the feature where you can estimate how much time off you'll have in the future The demographics for our organisation is also a very neat feature on the homepage

Cons:

I do not have anything that I don't like about Bob. If anything, I wish there were more demographics for our organisation on the homepage, and maybe update the demographics! As I'm not sure the demographics have been updated since I joined the org

Mats
Mats
People & Culture Manager in Sweden
Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

Great product

Comments: Excellent implementation and easy to get the users engaged. Creates al ot of values for us.

Pros:

Employee-data management with modern API´s and much functions connected to engagement and employeer branding. The employee is in focus, not the admin department.

Cons:

The product is still developing. It is a pro and a con at the same time. We missed some features in the beginning but new functions are built all the time.

Alternatives Considered: Sympa

Reasons for Switching to Bob: The focus on employee and the modern tech.

Shannon
Payroll and Benefits Administrator in Canada
Apparel & Fashion, 51–200 Employees

My Bob Review

Comments: Very positive. Time taken to understand the relationship between customizable parts is worth the investment (task + flows, fields + values and API related functions).

Pros:

Having a singular location for all of our employee data and being able to search up the information I'm looking for saves me lots of time. Importing information in bulk is also super handy.

Cons:

It was disappointing to learn that Sandbox features are behind a paywall since it's important for us to test and view features before implementing them to the hole company. The benefits page is a bit limiting in that you have to upload spreadsheets for each update.

Brian
Global People Operations Specialist in UK
Automotive, 201–500 Employees

Lovely product!

Pros:

The user interface is modern and intuitive. The platform is highly customizable.

Cons:

The mobile app is not as user-friendly as the web app.Every profile created on Bob counts as a user. However, they have the same pricing if we want to add a contractor or freelancer. I miss more data from the analytics perspective. High price.

Brittni
Chief People Officer in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Modern HRIS with many features at a reasonable cost

Comments: Very robust implementation process to help get you up and running. HiBob has a broad reach in functionality and a team to support you as you have questions. Have not been disappointed with the decision to go with HiBob

Pros:

It's a modern solution that integrates with many other apps we use. It's easy to use and easy to configure. It also has many features in one solution: Core HR, Compensation, Talent, Performance, Engagement, Analytics, and many others.

Cons:

There are some specific features in Bob that would be ideal to improve but are not show stoppers. The 1:1 feature is a little clunky, no pro-ration in compensation management as two examples, providing permissions to a particular "permission group" to run reports and access only the data they have permission to.

HR Director in Romania
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

A good and practical HR solution

Comments: I am very pleased with the software, it was the best balance I could find as a HRMS tool, as I was looking for an end to end HR solution suitabble for a medium sized business!

Pros:

It`s dynamic, it`s catchy (beautiful UI) and the product is constantly improving!

Cons:

the functionalities that represent learning and development, training area, talent management and succession planning are currently missing

Rachel
People Operations Coordinator in UK
Financial Services Software, 201–500 Employees

Good for SMBs

Comments: Generally I really like using Bob - user-friendly as an administrator, and the support team is responsive and helpful

Pros:

Easy to use and integrates well with other software

Cons:

A lot of manual work is required if we need to make updates to the whole company - definitely wouldn't recommend to large companies (500+)

Renewables & Environment, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Hibob, making employee life easy and better

Comments: Using bob has made employee management easier

Pros:

Performance management and offboarding features

Cons:

I wish bob could also serve as a clock-in device. Overall, it is a great software

Julia
HR Business Partner in Austria
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51–200 Employees

A user-friendly, innovative and ever-developing HRIS with a few limitations

Pros:

- flexible and adaptive to the current needs of the company- beautiful and friendly front end- calendars, sites are location-specific- dash board is great- flows, task lists, pre onboarding flow etc.

Cons:

- reports and filters are a bit complicated to set up.- sometimes not very intuitive- limited for surveys (conditions, dependencies, 2nd page, layout and format)- payroll section > Monthly salary could be automatically calculated if there is a change in the working hours- esign could be more formal and professional (the fields are super difficult to add and not