15 years helping Israeli businesses

About talech

talech is a cloud-based, iPad point-of-sale software solution for restaurants/bars, retail stores, salons/spas and other services

Learn more about talech

Pros:

It looks like from the start that it would be easy to use and everything should connect without an issue and it did at first.

Cons:

It is sometimes difficult to navigate for reporting.

talech ratings

4.0
3.9
3.6
3.7

6.7/10

talech has an overall rating of 3.9 out 5 stars based on 333 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used talech before?

Cindy

Love it

Pros:

Easy to use many choices to choose from equipment wise and their support is amazing well worth it

Cons:

Really I don't have an it's easy to use and any questions I had technical support answered them

kyle
Sporting Goods, 2–10 Employees

talech Review

Comments: so so

Pros:

the theory of it. the thought that i could do everything i was told it could easily and a low cost.

Cons:

versatility or lack of versatility. i run into issues with contacts and open orders when i try to make changes. the website seems to be very touchy.

Erica

Don’t do it

Comments: Unfortunately I was forced into using this system. From the moment I unboxed it, we’ve had nothing but problems.
The initial set up was supposed to be plug & play. Not so. Our onboarding specialist failed to tell me we needed a minimum WiFi speed for the system to even work. No one could figure out why the system couldn’t communicate. After talking to 10 different reps we were finally able to get someone that asked about our internet speed. I ended up having to triple our speed just to be able to use the product.
Reporting constantly glitches. I have to have our servers go through their cash vs credit cards tips nightly to make sure their end of night deposit is accurate. We’ve had it off by hundreds of dollars, which either costs the restaurant money or the server money depending on which way the deposit is off.
For more than 6 months, during the busiest gift card time of the year, you could not sell more than one gift card per transaction. Talech didn’t seem to care about this issue but it cost my business thousands of dollars in lost revenue because of the glitch.
Printers are constantly dropping offline, so you have to go reset them & enter them back in the back office on talech.
Talech just updated their online reporting to a new experience. Problem is, the sales data doesn’t match the “classic” sales data. How can you have two different total sales figures just by switching between “classic” and “new”?
Bottom line, if you’re thinking of switching to this as a restaurant POS, take my advice and DON’T DO IT. You will have more headaches than it’s worth, your financial data will be off, and half the time you won’t be able to sell a product because of some weird glitch in their system that they’re in no hurry to fix.

Pros:

Nothing. There is not one single thing that is good about this system

Cons:

Everything. Reporting is off, system constantly glitches.

Theresa
Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

Works for simple to complex operations

Comments: We have used them with two separate businesses. One was a quick service, and the current one is a full service, fine dining environment. The register works with both of these. I was surprised at how easily we were able to expand and control our in-house systems. They have become so feature-rich over the years. Staff train quickly on it. Price point is competitive. Customer service is very good.

Pros:

Discounting weekly specials - set once and done Tagging for specific printers, discounts Loyalty program Reporting Time Clck and time sheets Online ordering Table management

Cons:

ICMP readers are sometimes an issue Wish there was an integrated reservation system

Christopher
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

Ease of use

Comments: The new house account stuff seems to be a benefit for someone like me. I let folks run a tab. The software has gone down on me a few times during a shift and Talech just asks you to be patient. The lack of knowledge from the help desk is frustrating.

Pros:

Easy to navigate, fairly straight forward.

Cons:

If there is an issue, it all goes down and customer service is not helpful usually. I have had to call other IT people in to get us up and running because help desk usually can't or they take an hour for a one button fix to a problem.

Sarah
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

Talech is better than a lot of others out there!

Comments: 100% positive experience. Have been using Talech for over 5 years and will continue to use it!

Pros:

I love the ease of setting up your POS to work for your business. You can separate categories, product types, control your inventory, and so much more. Super easy to use and set up. It is easily explained to new hires and they pick it up very quickly.

Cons:

I think overall Talech is wonderful. Having 24 hour support is amazing, however, sometimes the wait time is a bit long to get someone on the line.

Rhonda
Restaurants, 11–50 Employees

Software issues after Upgrade "Low Priority"

Comments: Frustrating Frustrating... over the years, they are slow to fix any software issues.

Pros:

Easy to use for entering orders and update product screens

Cons:

After 9 years of being a customer the latest software issue is causing major issues with our restaurant.. custom order request line items appear on every line item from previous ticket.. after waiting 3 weeks for a fix, Customer Service told us it was a "Low Priority" for them and have no timeline when it will be fixed. This slows the order process and creates so many issues for the kitchen, customers,and servers. Also forced us to switch and use their inhouse credit card processing and gift card services in 2022

Thomas

Owner of The 1000 Islands Cruet

Comments: Overall I think the software works great. I have one thing that would make it even better. It has to do with your discount part. You can't discount different items separately without going into each item being sold.
Example: I sell 3 size bottles of oil and vinegars. I run a special buy five and get one free on the smaller size is 60 ml. If that's all they buy it works great. The problem is running another discounts at the same time for other size bottles. (200 ml & 375 ml)
If I am running the above special (1 free bottle would be $6.95 discount) and I also am discounting all larger size oils and vinegars say 10%. The software will do the $6.95 plus the 10% all items. So the discount on the 60 ml bottle works out to be $6.95 + 10% not just the $6.95. Being able to do separate discounts for variations of each item would make it a lot better instead of having to go into each item and discount them individually when trying to keep different discounts separate. I know being a small business with a suggestion that this might not be practical cost wise. But making the modifications would also make it more attractive to any business. I would like to hear back from you if possible. I have spoken with numerous small business owners about your software and why it works so well. Keep up the great job! oh I love being able to run the reports anytime to see how sales are and what we need to do to improve them. Sincerely Tom

Pros:

Ease of use, reports, layout of pages, customer service.

Cons:

limited discount ability.

8 years ago

Thomas, thank you so much for writing a review and providing such detailed feedback. I have shared your feedback regarding discounting with the product team. Please continue to share thoughts with us - we love to hear from you and really value your feedback. Thank you for being a customer!

Jeannette
President / Owner in US
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Great product overall

Comments: Pleasant and professional staff, which is what won us over when we first decided on the program. Love that everything is cloud-based and also can be accessed from anywhere. Menus are easy to create and modify. Great overall functionality but a few improvements could be made - offering partial refunds, for example. Also, would appreciate more prompt and regular auto-batching (we have ours set up but numerous times, it stopped working and we found out the hard way when payments weren't deposited for days; also, despite the confirmation that the setting is correct, we still have to manually auto-batch daily but we're glad to do so to ensure payment). Also, not completely sure if they are exclusive to a certain merchant service provider but at the time, in order for us to use the program, we had to go forward with that one merchant service and also had to purchase all the equipment (printer, iPad stand, etc.) we did not have a need for. In addition, being tied to that merchant also meant being tied to those fees at the rates they wanted. As far as the program itself, we find that it meets our needs, is user-friendly, offers the analytics tools we like, and is offered at a reasonable rate, especially compared to some of its competitors. We do recommend it to others. Good luck!

Pros:

Please refer to review.

Cons:

Please refer to review.

8 years ago

Thanks for being a customer and writing such a detailed review! I've shared your feedback regarding the partial refunds, auto-batching, and hardware with the product team. Please continue to share with us - we love to hear from you!

Very functional, great backend reporting, quite user friendly

Pros:

Ease of use is it's strong point for sure! I've trained a volunteer to use it in a matter of minutes. It really takes the feel of a standard cash register, compatible with all sorts of Bluetooth devices for card readers, scanners, and printers. Looking up previous sales and daily totals by various segmented data is great, no needing to log into a separate program or computer interface.

Cons:

It can be a little bit of a pain when trying to work with both a keyboard and a Bluetooth device, or if you are using multiple terminals close to one another. I also dislike the open order feature, it defaults to saving any order you've started prior and just lists them for days.

Mary Ann
Co-Owner in US
Food Production, 11–50 Employees

I'm considering switching to a different POS system

Comments: At first, we all loved our new Talech POS. It is very easy to use and train new hires on. Then all these updates rolled in and some of the features didn't work for us. First, employees were able to print out their daily time sheet that included their sales for the day. This was not a good thing for our company, because we work as a team and we have people on the sales floor making the sales and then people processing orders at the end of the day. Of course, processors would seem like they made the most money that day. I have tried to get this changed, but was told it couldn't happen in the near future, but it was noted. Then, we experienced some glitches in the discount button. last week, we tried to apply a 10% discount, and it would register as giving a discount in the $1000's. This was really frustrating and I haven't had a chance yet to call tech support. Shortly there after on a busy Thursday, we were unable to process credit cards because that option was down in the system. Luckily, we had an analog credit card machine that we were able to use. I tried calling tech support for 4 hours, and couldn't get through. We had to wait to process orders until the next day when the system was up and running again. Another thing we have issues with is finding tickets to reference an open order. Apparently, it purges from the system after 3 months and we have to call tech support to retrieve it. There are a few other issues that I have that I am unable to articulate right now, but that is the bulk of my frustration with the program. Please take these responses into consideration. Having my concerns addressed and fixed would be amazing as I love this program and I want it to succeed so that my business can succeed as well. Thank you for taking the time to read my review. Please contact me to discuss further.

Pros:

That it is cloud based and we use apple ipads

Cons:

It is glitchy at times, the time sheet with individual employee sales needs to go. Purging 3 month old tickets and we can't find them unless we call tech support.

8 years ago

Thanks for sharing the feedback and chatting with us about your experience. We are checking on some features and will get back to you soon.

Annette
Retail, 2–10 Employees

POS that works but could be better

Comments: Sales are processed more quickly and customers are happier.

Pros:

My customers are happier. They get a receipt that works well with the rebate program from my supplier. We can review their previous purchases and determine if they already bought something they need. This will also be useful when they come in for their early buy sale purchases. It is nice to be able to email receipts.I can quickly review sales and inventory for what needs to be ordered.

Cons:

It was shipped to me but not linked to my account so nothing worked for about 2 weeks. Hours spent on the phone with on the onboarding specialist assigned to me. They say it is 24 hr support but not for start up/onboarding. They work M-F 9-5. It is best to stick with the onboarding specialist assigned as they are most familiar with you but mine was in the Central Time zone so nothing was ever addressed until 10:30 AM EST (1.5) hours after opening I had great difficulty getting the inventory load but onboarding was very helpful. The fact the sales reports don’t capture debit cards properly is really frustrating as I had hoped it would save time and make tracking easier.The scanner never worked and has been returned because they finally admitted/determined it was a programming issue that was not going to get resolved any time soon. Inventory does not always track properly - not sure how that happens. Sometimes you get a call back for help, not always the 24/7.

Brian
Apparel & Fashion, 2–10 Employees

Talech Review

Comments: Overall, I think that my Talech experience is positive. Unfortunately, we have had some really bad issues recently and that has effectively lowered my overall ratings. There has been several processing outages in the past few months, more now than the past 12-18 months. We lost some sales recently because Elavon went down for several hours and we could not process credit card transactions which is the majority of our business. We have 2 stores operating Talech and there is no business connection between stores to transfer inventory, recognize sales transactions or perform returns across multiple stores. Elavon is not the best database for capturing customer sales transactions because you can't use the data for marketing or other purposes as far as I know. I feel that the upgrades are just dumped upon the users without a whole lot of information behind what is new or has changed. There is no step-by-step business process for each and every type of potential transaction, so training is on the job.

Pros:

Ease of use

Cons:

Updates are a surprise and we are not well informed about the changes

8 years ago

We appreciate hearing from you, Brian. We are sorry to hear that you have not happy with the product recently. A member of our product team has reached out via email and phone to set up a time to chat and learn more about your business needs and how talech could work better for you. Please reply at your convenience. We'd love to chat and help.

Randy
Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

Potentially good system that misses the mark

Comments: I was given a great presentation for the Talech system and purchased it. After purchasing it I had to install it myself, I figured it would be easy. No... It took eight hours just to get the thing running, then another 3 weeks with an onsite IT tech everyday to get it to work. Worst nightmare ever. System constantly crashed. Printer errors. Anytime there was an update the app would fail. That's just the install. My other great issue is functionality. The app must be more user programamble. There are so many minor tweaks that need to be changed to make it run faster that they don't listen too. This system is not for a quick serve busy restaurant, more like a mom and pop flower shop. Even when I call with a major complaint the the app doubling the taxes. They say we can't fix that. Are you kidding me. It's illegal. Customer support is great if you ever get around to talking to someone. When there system crashes about twice a month and you call their 800 number. They tell you they will call you back because they are experiencing a high volume of calls. I wonder why? Their devices disconnect with the credit card readers constantly as well. The only good thing about the system is the ipads, but the app doesn't work well on them, go figure. If you need a a system for a fast paced business, DO NOT BUY THIS ONE

Pros:

It turns on

Cons:

Name it

8 years ago

Randy, thank you for the review and candid feedback here and on the phone. It was very helpful to learn more about what's been challenging and how talech can be better for you and your business. If there is anything else you'd like to share, please don't hesitate to reach out and let us know. Thank you for being a customer.

missy

Talech Software Review

Comments: We have been using Talech for over a year now and it's been overall a good experience. There are some things I would like to be different but overall it has been a good experience.

Pros:

Easy to use

Cons:

I don't like the credit card reader- too difficult for customers to read- tiny print and customers don't know where to slide the card and if it should be up or down. Software isn't the best for tracking inventory- you have to export products to excel to get the cost of inventory- should be more accessible. Price tags are hard to read (we like the big font/numbers)- we have customers complain daily that they can't see the price. Wish that it would remember customers email addresses like Square so that they don't have to enter it each time.

8 years ago

Thanks for writing a review and providing feedback, Missy. We'd love to hear more about what could be different and work better for you. Would you be willing to chat more about what could help your business?

Jeff

Gets better every month

Comments: Right off the back the bang for the buck was impressive. I run multi stores and the registers have been doable, but not impressive. There needs to be communication between each store on every customer added to the database. For example, if I add Joe's info in one store and he goes to another, he has to add his info in again. If there is a credit on his account, it is only use able at one store.
I really appreciate being able to check all my numbers from home and upload new product, but without the ipad, I am unable to see how the menu actually looks in the store. It would be nice to be able to pull up the menu and adjust it on the computer instead of having to do it at each store (I don't have an ipad at home to pull up the stores).
Talent does a great job at customer service and continually updating their product. I am satisfied with this product and am confident it will continue to improve.

Pros:

Continually getting better

Cons:

Multi store use and options

8 years ago

Thank you for being a customer and sharing your feedback, Jeff. I have shared your feedback regarding multi-store functionality. If there is anything else that we can do to help your business, please let us know. We're here to help!

Katie
Owner/manager in US
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Mixed Satisfaction

Comments: The updates kill me. We are a bunch of older women running a non-profit store. For the most part, we catch on. But just as we're learning the system, an update hits and everything goes crazy for a while. Mistakes are made that we can't "unmake" and there is no going back once you "close the shift" and happen to do it wrong. For us, there should be a "double check" or "are you sure" option involved. But we hope our bookkeeper can sort it out well enough to figure out our taxes. There is zero notification that an update is coming and we've been caught off guard several times. Candidly, I have two sons that are of GREAT assistance to us older folk who are slightly intimidated by unscheduled updates.

Pros:

I do like the ease of use - once learned.

Cons:

It's probably an amazing system for younglings, but not so amazing to wrangle once you get older and are not used to the application.

8 years ago

Thanks for writing a review and providing feedback, Katie. A member of our product team has reached out to learn more and see how we can help and improve. Please respond at your convenience. Thanks in advance for speaking with us!

Beth
Retail, Self Employed

I am sad to leave this review but it is the truth

Comments: After fighting tooth & nail for several months to get a general yearly tax report and all the other reporting issues I am sad to say not all of the issues have been resolved. Customer service varies depending on the person, some are great and some have very little patience for an angry customer. I would like these issues to change.

Pros:

I love some of the reports provided. I like how the customer details work.

Cons:

I am un happy with the insights reports, they have NEVER been accurate and I have reported this SEVERAL times. I am unhappy with being treated like I am asking for something I should not when it is something everyone would need for tax purposes. I am unhappy with the inventory management, I would like date as to when inventory originally came in and when additional stock was added.

8 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to speak, Beth. We appreciate you sharing more about your business needs and what improvements that would help talech work better for you. Please continue to share feedback - we love to hear from you!

Roger

Very good program

Comments: Works well and new features are added frequently. The interface with the credit card reader is sometimes an issue, and I am not sure if that is a ipad issue, the reader issue or and issue with Talech. Periodically the program will not connect to the card reader or gets stuck in a loop. Having to back out of the charge and sometimes the program itself and restart it. That usually clears up the issue. It would be great if this bug could be addressed as when you are busy it adds stress to the day. Customer service has always been very helpful.

Pros:

Ease of programming and ease of use

Cons:

No gift card availabilty and the previously mentioned credit card issue.

8 years ago

Roger, thanks so much for the review and feedback. I have passed along your recent challenges with the product team. Please continue to share thoughts with us. We love hearing from you!

Audrey

Needs work

Comments: The system needs some work. The interface is easy to navigate if you have a basic knowledge of computers. However it frequently crashes because of the numerous updates it seems to require, getting someone on the phone with knowledgeable help is frustrating, and your limited to what you can do on the app as well as the card reader that will go with the tablet. I'd also like to be able to do more of the things I can do on the tablet in the online version.
I would recommend this system if your hard wired into your internet.

Pros:

Ease of use.

Cons:

Limitations and constant upgrades that really don't seem to do anything. Also updates that change things without being made aware of first.

8 years ago

Thank you for the review and honest feedback, Audrey. We are sorry to hear that you've been frustrated with the product and crashes. I've shared your feedback with the team. We'd love to chat with you more in detail if you are willing. Please let us know. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and for being a talech customer.

Richard
Owner, managing partner in US
Wine & Spirits, 2–10 Employees

Caret Cellars Uses talech

Comments: Overall a very good POS system with some excellent analytics built-in. A little heavily oriented to the food service industry which puts in some unnecessary steps for others, e.g., cash drawer management function. Wish analytics - as good as they are - were customizable. Like the new Dashboard feature, though.

Pros:

Rather straight forward. Takes little training to get someone ready to use it. But still has some sophisticated capabilities.

Cons:

Cost. Nice if it ran on other than iOS. Contributes to cost concerns. Heavy orientation toward food service industry. Wish features were a little more customizable to other industries. (We use it in a winery tasting room.)

8 years ago

Thanks for being a customer and writing a candid review, Richard! I've passed along your feedback to the product team so they know what would help talech work better for your business. Please continue to share with us! We love hearing from you and are here to help.

Nicholas
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Excellent Software and Service

Comments: Switched from another system that gave us so many problems. What a difference! Talech is intuitive and easy to use. Every system has its technical issues. The technical issues we have experienced with Talech are minimal, and actually get fixed over time! Technical support is also second to none! I get a person on the phone within a reasonable amount of time, day or night; and they can actually adequately assess, explain or fix my issue. Extremely satisfied! I would definitely recommend, and have done so!!

Pros:

Intuitive, easy to use Minimal technical issues Great technical support

Cons:

Latest update is good, but a little "clunky". Imagine things will get straightened out over time.

8 years ago

Nicholas, thank you so much for being a talech customer and for recommending us to others. We're so happy to hear you are pleased with our product and our customer service! Please continue to share any feedback with us...like with the new app. We appreciate hearing from you.

Randy

Just missed the mark

Comments: Overall my experience is poor. I was sold on this program, that it would do everything I needed for my business. It did not live up to its end.

Pros:

Once you have figured out how to use the software it is fairly easy to use and you can customize it to your specific needs

Cons:

Where to begin. The software is horrible. Every time there is an upgrade something goes wrong. Be it a printer malfunctioning or part of the program not working properly. I spend hours with customer service to get nowhere. They must constantly send out patches for the problems they create.

Sandy
President in US

Simply awesome!

Comments: The talech cash register has made a huge difference for our business! There are so many features we love about this product! We purchased for two of our businesses! The customer support is the best I've ever dealt with in my 34 years of doing business! Love it!

Pros:

Ease in entering new products. Search functionality.

Cons:

Would like to be able to change wages for employee to something other than hourly.

8 years ago

Thanks so much for being a customer and writing a review, Sandy. We're so happy to hear that things have been going well for you and customer support has been a delight. Thanks for the feedback on employee wage needs. I've gone ahead and shared this with the product team. Please keep sharing - we love to hear from you!

Camille
Owner/Operator in US

User Friendly POS always making improvements

Comments: Talech is simple to setup and use; even for first timers. I would recommend it to others.
So far the only negative I have experienced had to do with merging info into QuickBooks; was told by one customer service rep, I would have to purchase the QB software, and another customer service rep advised me it would only work with online version of QB. Did the online QuickBooks through my CPA only to find it will not merge. Super frustrating, as I was hoping to eliminate the time spent inputting daily sales info into Quickbooks

8 years ago

Thanks for writing a review, Camille. I've passed along your feedback regarding QuickBooks to the product team. Please continue to share feedback with us - we love to hear from you! Thanks for being a customer.