15 years helping Israeli businesses

About ShortStack

Create unique contest landing pages, run social contests, choose winners, send emails and analyze results - all from one place.

Learn more about ShortStack

Pros:

The interface with our social media accounts was also a breeze for voting on FB and sharing. I still have the subscription and now want to do regular contests for all of my clients.

Cons:

Software can be a little confusing at times, just a lot of information in one place.

ShortStack ratings

4.0
4.5
4.3
4.2

8.2/10

ShortStack has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 144 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used ShortStack before?

Robbie
Robbie
Social Media Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 1,001–5,000 Employees

ShortStack Review

Comments: I used ShortStack for several years as part of a social media/community manager role for both brand awareness, product spotlights and related contests/givewaways

Pros:

ShortStack makes it really easy for a guy like me with no design or coding background to manage social media contests almost 100% by myself. Designing, launching, monitoring and measuring the contests and their results was really easy thanks to the platform's intuitive workflow.

Cons:

After a few years of using this software, the designer and I started to reach the limits of its abilities. Part of what makes it so valuable is how plug-and-play some otherwise complicated design/programming features. However, that templated framework has its limits, keeping you from realizing fully customized ideas outside that framework.

5 years ago

Hey Robbie! Thanks for this amazing review! We're sorry you had to move along to another means of contest building, but, if it interests you, the Code Widget and CSS panel in ShortStack give you the freedom to customize campaigns however you wish. If you'd ever like to give us another try, we'd love to have you back. Thanks again!

Janele
Project Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

ShortStack is the Best, Free Contest Platform

Comments: We were able to use ShortStack in order to gather user images to use on social media. We ran a photo contest where the winner wins free product and we gather e-mail and contact information from entrants and voters to use in future e-blasts.

Pros:

I love that I am able to use this software in full for free. For a simple contest, we have free use of the platform as well as free support from the company. If we need to add features, it is easy to upgrade without a contract.

Cons:

The software can take a little getting use to when it comes to design. There are design options within design options which can make it a little confusing. But you can always preview your design to make sure it looks okay.

4 years ago

Thanks for the stellar review, Janele!

George
Digital Marketing Manager in Germany
E-Learning, 201–500 Employees

ShortStack is good, but has low limits on entries

Pros:

-fairly easy to use -easy to scale up -the variety of ready made templates and the ability to customise them

Cons:

don't like the fact that you are limited on : - views - entries i understand having a limit on the lower tier plans, but in the full plan, having limitations on the amount o page views and or entries on the account seems rather unprofessional to me. And this is a model i've seen to almost every software on the market that handles competitions ( i.e wishpond). They really should think about removing entry limits, at least on their full package, else if a company wants to create a high traffic competition and then replicate it, it will most probably mean it will need a new account..

5 years ago

Hi George! We really appreciate your feedback! We always take customer feedback very seriously. In reference to your suggestion, we totally hear what you're saying! We offer Enterprise plans with no entry or view limits - this is something that can be discussed with our sales team. We're absolutely willing to accommodate as many entries/views you're able to acquire, but due to the resources these higher view/entry numbers require on our end, we have to charge a little more. Thanks again for your review!

Paul
Marketing manager in UK
Design, 2–10 Employees

Easy to use for competitions and lead gen

Comments: Very good for what we needed it for. Great out of the boxes features - and quick to setup.

Pros:

Easy to Setup. Great for quick landing pages & lead gen. great to customise & email triggers built in are a nice touch.

Cons:

Little expensive. Some functions look generic unless designed & customised.

Shawn
Business Development Specialist in US
Consumer Services, 51–200 Employees

Happy since I signed up!

Comments: I acquired Shortstack to help roll out raffles and promotions the company I work for does monthly. This has made it easy to work with our website developer when needed to get buttons added bringing them to the Shortstack form I build.

Pros:

The ability to be guided from start t finish with tips along the way is a great feature. This allowed me to acquire shortstack and teach myself how to use it, as the software is very user friendly.

Cons:

Only thing I was having trouble with would be getting the URL set into a landing page with redirection. Maybe a bit more info on how to get it out and rolling once finished building.

3 years ago

Thank you Shawn for your wonderful review!

Blair
Product Marketing Manager in US
Sports, 51–200 Employees

Shortstack Is Fun!

Comments: We enjoy using it and it makes choosing winners easy.

Pros:

Shortstack is pretty easy to get a contest page up and going. We love the instant win function at events.

Cons:

Sometimes it is difficult to customize pages.

Heather
CEO/Founder in US
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

Professional Look Without the Pricetag

Comments: Positive. A well-designed piece of software. I will definitely be returning if we do this promotion again.

Pros:

I really loved how easy it was to build a professional looking giveaway. My giveaway was very unique (different clues appearing at different days) and I loved how I could set the entire thing up ahead of time and let it run, confident all the timing was correct. This took a lot of stress out of the giveaway week.

Cons:

It was hard to track the entries through social media.

5 years ago

Thanks for this awesome review, Heather! We hope to work with you again on your future giveaways.

Iliass
Industrial Maintenance in Morocco
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11–50 Employees

I loved the application

Comments: I loved the service provided by this application for easy switching between my accounts

Pros:

The service provided by the application to users

Cons:

Frankly, there is nothing I hate about this application.

7 months ago

Wow! Thank you so much for your stellar review!

Andrea
Andrea
Executive Director CEO in US
Civic & Social Organization, 2–10 Employees

Shortstack lets us customize for nontypical contests

Comments: The learning curve for a basic campaign wasn't too bad, and their online chat help is quick, friendly, and excellent (thanks, [sensitive content hidden]). They have a collection of how-to videos, but lack much in DIY troubleshooting, so I did a lot of online chats in the beginning! I was able to get extra help with a more complex campaign from the [sensitive content hidden], and use that as a template for others. I'm sure I'm an outlier in how I am using it, but maybe that will change. So far, it's working.

Pros:

The customizability really appealed, as I wanted to collect entries for large annual contests that submit photos, videos, or essays.

Cons:

The interface for creating your campaigns is clunky and not intuitive. It's ok if you already have experience with web design (I use WordPress) or coding, but not easy enough for beginners.

Joshua
VP OF MEMBER EXPERIENCE in US
Financial Services Software, 51–200 Employees

If you are running a contest, get this ASAP!!

Comments: I give my overall a 9 out of 10. They are a good company to work with.

Pros:

I love how much support you get while using ShortSTack. [sensitive content hidden] is super awesome and was always able to help or show me how to use it. I never felt like I was bothering them.

Cons:

The interface is a little hard to navigate and so I am glad they have templates. I just feel like the user experience could be easier and not allow so much so less is messed up while running a contest.

Jennifer
Marketing Analyst in Canada
Semiconductors, 11–50 Employees

Easy to use, customizable look and to needs, with a few additions it could do everything you need!

Comments: Ability to embed a contest on our webpage, collect submissions efficiently, and close the contest seamlessly hiding some text (e.g., submission form) and displaying other text (e.g., "contest closed" text).

Pros:

Ease of use. Fresh looking designs. Customizable to needs (voting/no voting). Widgit editing functionality (move content blocks). Visibility features (to be creating something without showing it, and timing features to swap out what is displaying).

Cons:

A few rough spots to be improved upon. Entry form -- Default has First and Last name boxes beside each other, couldn't seem to make any other entry boxes beside each other. Text formatting – can’t have two lines with different font sizes without a space between lines. Gallery Widget – Doesn’t work in all browsers (looks bad in Chrome?). It stacks the images, instead of laying them side by side. Displaying Entries - more options for the layout of these would be preferable. Particularly what entrant info displays - and in each entries info, ability to add fields if we want to put certain info on each entry when displaying them (info that wasn't in submission form). Also - love the timing feature, but pretty sure one didn't work the way it should have. I had set to show something on a date and hide something on a date and it only did one of the two things. Couldn't figure out why the other wouldn't have worked. Email confirmation - only sends once per email address. I wish you could override this (we allowed multiple entries, would prefer they got an email for each one and it could reference one of the submission boxes like "photo caption". E.g., "Thank you, we received your entry "SEM image of microchip".

6 years ago

Hey Jennifer! Thanks so much for your review and your detailed feedback! We really appreciate it. We're always working toward making the ShortStack platform better, so learning what features our users are looking for is always so helpful. In the future, if you ever need help troubleshooting a feature, our support team is eager to jump in. Just email us at [email protected]. Thanks again for this great review!

Julie
Web & Social Media Editor in US
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

Effective marketing tool for tourism

Comments: Short Stack Customer Support is FIVE STAR. These guys are always there for me, and I usually make mistakes and have loads of tech questions, or functional queries. They are SO FAST to respond, the online CHAT feature has been the most beneficial, and the yearly Agency subscription has met our needs nicely.

Pros:

The diversity of the campaigns has improved greatly since we used to only have to import with a widget into Facebook. We have had a lot of success in promoting our destination through easy-to-create trip giveaways, including a cool trivia contest we ran, so folks learned something new, had a chance to win a trip, and had some fun doing it.

Cons:

Sometimes the templates are different (newer) than the tutorial videos, so I can get a little lost at times. Understanding the lingo, and in the editing panels what each Rich Text box applies to can be cumbersome. I am not a great fan that I have to be a Developer in order to customize campaign URLs, so for now I stick with the provided link Short Stack provides, and it works fine.

5 years ago

Wow, Julie! Thank you for this fantastic review! We also appreciate your feedback on the tutorial video updates - we're currently working to get those current. Also, next time you'd like to use a custom domain, reach out to us - we have some resources that will walk you through how to do it in "non-developer" language. : ) Thanks again!

Christina
Senior Social Strategist in US
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Would Recommend Shortstack

Pros:

It's extremely easy to use, even for non-developers and outside of the social team. Once you get the hang of how to edit the look, padding, etc., you can really make it your own without having to have creative team members generate this aspect.

Cons:

There are still some struggles with the API integrations with Instagram (i.e. disconnects the feed almost daily). The fact that we have to fluctuate between membership levels to get the features needed from giveaway to giveaway. We're not able to pay annually, but rather have to work on a monthly schedule - not ideal for an agency.

6 years ago

Hi Christina! Thank you so much for your feedback and awesome review! I'm so happy to hear you found the platform easy to use - even for non-developers. I wanted to mention that we offer annual plan pricing. On an annual plan, you'll even get a bit of a discount over paying month to month. You can switch over to an annual plan from your account's profile, or send us an email to [email protected] and we'll be happy to help you out. Thanks again!

Brent
Director of Marketing in US
Restaurants, 1,001–5,000 Employees

ShortStack Review

Comments: Overall experience has been good.

Pros:

Ease of use. Real-time updating. Mobile-friendly production.

Cons:

The type of contests are cool, but I'd like to see a bracket contest and more multi-layered contest templates.

2 years ago

Thank you Brent for your awesome review! We are always looking for new ideas to improve our platform and services offered. Your ideas of having bracket contests and multi-layered contests will be shared with the rest of the team. You can also always send us your ideas at [email protected].

Samantha
Owner in US
Retail, Self Employed

On the Fence

Pros:

I did receive some visits to my FB page, which led to a few visits to my website, but overall for the price, I am not really getting what I need. My industry is actually a gift and engraving business, and retail was the closest option I could find on the list. I will try this again once more for a promotion and go from there. If it works out better, I will update my review.

Cons:

It seemed a little complicated, and for the price, I would have expected the FB feature to actually be enabled at the level I was paying for, rather than having to upgrade to a higher cost. I might actually use it if that were the case.

4 years ago

Hi Samantha! Thank you so much for your feedback. For your next campaign, feel free to reach out to us for tips and ideas on how to promote your campaign. We'll do our best to make sure it's a success. Also, publishing to a Facebook Page creates a tiny link under your list of apps that no one will ever see. Instead, we recommend promoting your campaign from a post in your Timeline. This will be way more visible and accessible to your audience. You can promote a campaign from your Timeline on any plan and also circumvent Facebook's promotion rules, etc. It's just a better way to go. Reach out to us for more questions on this as well.

Amberlee
Director of Marketing in US
Retail, 51–200 Employees

Good Program for Basic Giveaways

Comments: Overall I am happy to keep using ShortStack. While it isn't perfect it gets the job done for what I need it for.

Pros:

They offer a variety of different giveaway templates. There are settings that enable you to hide certain sections based on the date. You can export your entries. You can email confirmations to your entrants. There is a social share ability that gives bonus entries when someone enters off your share link.

Cons:

Not the easiest to set up the templates. Would be nice to be able to save custom templates and template sections for easier customization. The dashboard has never loaded for me - spins and spins.

3 years ago

Amberlee, Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear you like using our wide variety of templates. You can save a campaign as a personal template! Within the Campaign Builder, select the name of the campaign in the upper left corner. In the drop down menu there will be an option to save the campaign as a template. Click that and and you you now have a customized template.

Janel
Digital Communications Specialist in US
Consumer Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Great Option for Contests

Comments: My overall experience with ShortStack has been very positive. It's allowed our team to run an entire contest from landing page design through selecting winners on our own, without having to use an agency for help. It's ultimately saved us money by allowing us to keep this in-house.

Pros:

I love how easy ShortStack is to set up and use. I was able to design and deploy a beautiful landing page for a contest without needing to use any code. Managing the photo contest has also been super easy and smooth, with all of the entries in one place.

Cons:

I wish we could run a video upload contest without requiring contestants to upload their videos to another site (like Youtube) first.

Leigh
volunteer in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

First time using this type of program

Comments: I was totally impressed with the support I received. I experimented until I was confident that my contest was going to work. Payment started once it went live, not while I was learning how to use the site. I loved this because I work in a non-profit organization and I didn't want my organization to have to pay for my learning curve. After the contest was over, I was able to pause my account until ready to start another.

Pros:

I was a novice when I did my first contest. I had never done anything like this before. I liked all of the support. There were written instructions and videos for each step and a a staff person (always the same person) was just a click away when I got stuck. I only needed help a couple of times.

Cons:

I don't have any complaints. Having never done anything like this before, I had some difficulty with the meaning of some of the terms, but consider that I was able to successfully create an Instagram contest by just reading the instructions, seeing what the software was doing and asking for help when I really got stuck.

3 years ago

Leigh, thank you for your fantastic review! With our free trial, anyone is able to create campaigns and test out the majority of our features before committing to a paid plan. We are also happy to hear you utilize our Pause feature which allows users to take a break from billing but keeps all data secure until the plan is resumed.

Shelby
Sr. Interactive Producer in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Great Solution to Online Contests

Comments: Contests for clients, great tool

Pros:

I loved this product; it worked perfectly for contest solutions across many of our clients, and ended up very useful for my entire team to get inspired with new opportunities in campaign types. Customer service was also SO helpful and quick to get answers to us as we set things up.

Cons:

I did have a little trouble getting the form embedded to our LP initially, which development was able to fix, but I wish the code to embed auto-sized the form to fit the entire form on mobile automatically, as development had to custom code this in. It was cutting off the submit button once someone uploaded images to their entry. Otherwise, it was great.

4 years ago

Thank you for this great review, Shelby! I'm glad our developers were able to make your form work on mobile. We're always looking to make the platform better, so building a baked-in solution will be on our radar. Thanks again!

Jamie
Owner in US
Retail, Self Employed

Fun and easy to use

Pros:

ShortStack helped us grow our email list and improved our social media engagement. It is easy to use once you set up your first campaign and become more familiar with the software. Transferring the email list to our email service was a breeze.

Cons:

I found it difficult to set up the background and header exactly the way I wanted it. I wish there were more templates included with the basic package.

5 years ago

This is great news, Jamie! We're so glad ShortStack was able to help your business find success. We're always adding new templates so stay tuned for more of those to come.

, 11–50 Employees

Overall good. Easy to use and implement campaigns.

Pros:

Shortstack makes it easy to set up campaigns and lists. There are a lot of templates to choose from. Integrates seamlessly with Facebook. Easy to export lists (entries).

Cons:

Customer support - they only offer chat support with no number to call. Hard to use when you don't know how to explain what you are looking to do with a campaign.

6 years ago

Thanks for leaving us a review! We appreciate the compliments. If you ever have ideas you need to talk through, please get in touch with us via our demo page and you can schedule a time to talk with our team: https://www.shortstack.com/demos/

Kristin
Editorial director in US
Government Administration, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Easy way to boost performance

Comments: We use ShortStack to engage with our customers

Pros:

It was easy to build engaging experiences for our customers

Cons:

Little tough to implement some of the more advanced features, but still a great tool.

Donna
Digital Marketing Manager in US
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Limited pause is scam

Comments: Free version doesn't allow enough views, so you basically have to upgrade to paid, then they get you with only a 90 pause and charge you with no refunds.

Pros:

It is convenient and was manageable to set up a contest with their templates, user friendly.

Cons:

The limited pause of 90 days when it use to be you could pause and unpause as needed to avoid fees is such a scam, o and no refunds once miss charged, how convenient for them.

Garrett
Digital Sales Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Great CMS, great customer support

Comments: Great customer service (thanks [SENSITIVE CONTENT] )

Pros:

Simple to use, diverse enough for multiple company/advertising needs

Cons:

There are a lot of positives about ShortStack. Maybe more templates?

3 years ago

Thank you so much for your positive review, Garrett! If you have a suggestion of a template you would like to see, please let us know at [email protected]. We are always open to ideas from our clients!

Emily
Marketing Sp. in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Employees

Loved using Short Stack for a promotion

Pros:

The software was mostly easy to use, although it took a few tries at first. Support was always super helpful and quick to answer the questions I had. I was super happy with the way the page looked at the end, although I had to have our designer and web manager help a few times to figure out a few bugs. Overall the page we made was successful and helped us easily collect the info we were hoping for.

Cons:

It was not that easy to use if you don't have an idea of basic coding. I'm a marketer and had to get some outside help a few times to have spacing and color on the page the way I wanted. I could fumble through some of it, but had a ton of questions. I wish that it was a bit easier to use.