• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.5 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.3 /5

About ShipMonk

ShipMonk is an order fulfillment company specializing in helping small to medium-sized businesses grow.

Learn more about ShipMonk

Coordonnateur - Service des communications
  • Reviewed on 24/01/2018

"Great expertise, very helpful staff. I'm happy I have found them!"

Comments: Saves time and money. It allows my business to grow as I always have the latest information up to date.

Pros: Easy to learn. There is a lot of flexibility. Their dashboards are very helpful. Uploading masses of customers can be done with ease.

Cons: The billing section of the platform is less intuitive than the rest but all the information is there.

• Reviewed on 24/01/2018
Steven R.
Graphic Design Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 02/12/2019

"An Experience Worth Every Dollar"

Comments: ShipMonk has been a fantastic use of effortless shipping when it comes to my products and storage inventory. I always liked how they manage the storage portion as it makes life a lot simpler on my end.

Pros: I like how there’s an efficient process for orders that are automatically shipped along with my e-commerce store.

Cons: The labeling process when it comes to shipped boxes from other companies.

• Reviewed on 02/12/2019
Jeremy W.
Founder & CEO
Consumer Electronics, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/09/2020

"You get what you pay for, a low-price for a low-quality."

Comments: Poor quality of service with perpetually apologizing and excuses coming from a nice and responsive customer service team. Low-cost so it's easy to start up, but you pay over time with their nickel and dime pricing model. I suggest you find a different provider.

Pros: The price, there is no upfront cost--so if you are just starting up and need to be cost-effective this is a solution. (but not a great solution)

Cons: The opportunity cost of working with a more qualified operation makes it not worth the savings... I have had countless problems, and they simply are not getting better. They simply are not equipped to handle all the business they have. I think the most obvious problem is that while you are not charged up front, you are nickle and dimed every step of the way, they charge way too much for boxes...it's literally 200% upcharged (and they almost force you to use them) and every pick (includign the same SKU from the same box) is just overcharged. They are making their money back over time, and while you don't pay up front you pay with every issue and delay. We are constantly falling behind in dates, it takes days to get even a single unit shipped...and even then it's too late to make changes. We had a wholesale order that required a master carton to be shipped exactly as is, and it took over a week to get their team to move that! So it's not three weeks late... I suggest if you have the ability to work with another operation do it.

• Reviewed on 22/09/2020
Rebecca U.
Cosmetics, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/04/2019

"No Reservations about Shipmonk"

Comments: Shipmonk's customer service is extremely attentive and all of our customers have been happy with the arrival of their packages. I am very grateful for the team at Shipmonk and their support in the growth of our business.

Pros: I loved how clear everything was. Inventory was all in one place where I could see everything along with all the orders and the timing of their shipments. I loved not having to manage customer's orders the most.

Cons: Sometimes I would have a hard time with the "mapping" of products but once I figured it out then it was never a problem. There is a learning curve to understanding how to map and bundle but it is not that complicated and it winds up saving so much time in the long run when placing manual orders.

• Reviewed on 08/04/2019
Brooke S.
Webmaster
Wholesale, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/06/2018

"Ship Monk put Amazon to Shame when it comes to fulfillment."

Pros: ShipMonk delivers personalized attention and customer service for every question and concern we've ever had regarding the software or client information. They are truly invested in each and every company using their service.

Cons: They are a little less known than other companies for fulfillment. Hearing a name like Amazon for fulfillment instantly triggers a sense of stability and comfort. Ship Monk just needs a little bit more time to establish themselves and the will be giving Amazon a run for their money.

• Reviewed on 09/06/2018
Adrian R.
Supply Chain & Logistics Manager
Food Production, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/06/2021

"Shipmonk Provides a Great Customer Experience"

Comments: Shipmonk has been a great business partner for Truvani. Their software is a pleasure to use, but they really shine in their customer service. Inventory is accurately managed and customer orders generally go out in a timely manner without incident. The customer service team is responsive, results driven, and willing to work with us on special requests/projects as they come up. They always push for the best outcome in any scenario, which goes a long way for us.

Pros: Shipmonk is user friendly, well organized, and easy to navigate. The filters are great for locating specific orders or order types, and the search features are very helpful. I also like being able to review the month's activities at a glance on the dashboard page.

Cons: Being in the nutrition supplement and vitamin industry, I would like to see a feature added allowing for "batch" or "lot code" traceability. I would also like to see some updates to the CSV/XLSX reports for visibility on the quantity of each SKU shipped on an order, if it is a multi-SKU order with multiples of each SKU being shipped. I would also like to see "batches" or "lot codes" added to CSV/XLSX reports.

• Reviewed on 18/06/2021
T.c A.
  • Reviewed on 08/06/2021

"Wouldn't Have Made over $3,000,000 Last Year Without Shipmonk!"

Comments: Overall, this software is CRITICAL because it frees my time, gives me location independence to travel, and enjoy my family without worrying about packaging material, processing orders, or interacting with shipping companies. This software gives me the security and confidence knowing that I am building a sustainable business that can and does run without me needing to be present for every aspect.

Pros: This software has expedited the SALES GROWTH of my business by removing the headache of shipping, storing, and hiring staff to package and process orders. With this weight off of my shoulders, I can 100% focus on new product development and effective marketing to continue increasing my business' revenue.

Cons: That I didn't know it existed YEARS before! I have been using this software since the summer of 2018. Before that, I was STRUGGLING to keep up with packaging hundreds of monthly orders. Fast forwards years later, we now have THOUSANDS of orders each month. Image if I was still self-packaging my own orders with our current volume. This software is a MUST HAVE for serious business owners that want to build a business that can fully operate on its own.

• Reviewed on 08/06/2021
Alexander C.
Consumer Electronics, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/06/2021

"Love working with Shipomonk"

Comments: Great

Pros: Love working with Shipmonk. I've tried working with other fulfilment services and they don't come close. Mistakes happen (as they do anywhere) but with Shipmonk they're very, very rare and when they do happen, customer service is always there to help. I couldn't recommend them enough.

Cons: Occasional fulfilment errors, not being able to view case log

Courtney P.
  • Reviewed on 05/10/2019

"Ship Monk is super helpful!"

Comments: ShipMonk saves me probably 20 hours per week that I used to use for shipping! I'm able to get more done for my customers.

Pros: I love the ease of use with ShipMonk! I can integrate multiple channels and my dashboard shows me everything I need to know at a glance.

Cons: There's nothing I don't like. It's very easy to see everything you need to know, and then some! Great product!

• Reviewed on 05/10/2019
Mark W.
Web Developer
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2018

"Useful Service"

Pros: ShipMonk is a complete order fulfillment process service. If you're a company that needs a solution to fulfill your orders, this is a good option.

Cons: While their complete services are useful I don't find it completely useful for some companies - especially those that already have a fulfillment department.

• Reviewed on 24/07/2018
James B.
Chief Executive Officer
Broadcast Media, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/01/2019

"Shipmonk"

Pros: Their software is easy to use and figure out.

Cons: Had some glitches. Kicked me out when trying to implement an order.

• Reviewed on 23/01/2019
Mitch N.
Operations
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2019

"ShipMonk is legit"

Comments: Good

Pros: ShipMonk made the fulfillment process easy for our company. They were able to help us a several projects and always got our goods to the customers quick. Great dash board too

Cons: Didn’t see any cons except the California store closed on Saturday. But overall this company is great.

• Reviewed on 29/03/2019
Corey G.
Apparel & Fashion, Self Employed

"All good."

Comments: Ease of use. Low cost. Never have to worry about shipping.

Pros: Pretty easy to see all orders, manage them, see their status. I found my account manager and happiness engineer to also really be helpful.

Cons: It would be nice to integrate into accounting software. I don't want to have to go back and forth and manually mark orders as having been fulfilled.

Trilok H.
  • Reviewed on 26/07/2018

"Excellent"

Pros: It's easy to use. Moreover, the customer support is really good. The founder himself is very helpful. We had a problem with our end while closing the account and he helped even while exiting. I would any day suggest them.

Cons: None as far as I can tell.

• Reviewed on 26/07/2018
Brooke B.
Owner/Founder
Cosmetics, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/08/2019

"Awesome Service"

Comments: Awesome experience working with Shipmonk! The service is amazing! I was able to focus on sales and engagement rather than spending hours fulfilling orders!

Pros: Very reliable, this allowed me the opportunity to focus on growth and data versus filling orders all day.

Cons: The cost, possibly making options a little more affordable for small businesses.

• Reviewed on 16/08/2019
  • Reviewed on 09/01/2019

"Incompetent and Negligent"

Comments: Incompetent customer service. Cannot handle a basic integration request with the most popular ecommerce platform. You have to call the sales team to get support because nobody answers their support phone number. This shows they care less about their current customers and only care about getting new customers. Their incompetence caused me to spend hours dealing their customer service, only to be told I would need to wait yet another day or so for integration, when I requested integration over 1 week ago. To make matters worse, their team refused to answer general questions, input the misplaced orders, or really do anything to help. Steer clear of Shipmonk. Save your sanity.

Pros: It does work and your orders will be shipped at some point.

Cons: Poor customer service.
Zero accountability.
More expensive than comparable options.
Low-skilled tech team.
Cannot handle basic integrations.

• Reviewed on 09/01/2019
Marketplace Coordinator
Cosmetics, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/06/2018

"Really makes my life easier! Just love it"

Pros: The thing that I like the most about ShipMonk is the ability to connect to many fulfillment companies and find the one that has the best price to my customer.

Cons: The thing that I like least about ShipMonk, it that it should have more marketplaces, and be easier to set up.

• Reviewed on 12/06/2018
Dave W.
  • Reviewed on 24/09/2018

"fulfillment done right"

Comments: Shipmonk took an idea and made it a reality for us. Pastor Box ships quarterly and I’ve heard nothing but accolades from my subscribers. Sure the content will make or break a subscription box, but if the fulfillment process is not executed with care and attention to detail, it would never succeed. My CRM not only “held our hand” as we were getting started (all new territory for us), she’s stuck with us every step of the way. I’m thrilled with Shipmonk.

Pros: comprehensive. mostly intuitive. They thought of everything.

Cons: it's new, so they're still working out some kinks. But they fix everything immediately.

• Reviewed on 24/09/2018
Yuli A.
  • Reviewed on 21/10/2019

"BAD COMPANY"

Comments: Really BAD company. I would recommend to stay away from. I have been running eCommerce businesses for 15 years, and ShipMonk has been, unfortunately, my worst customer experience with any vendor ever. Every single part of the cycle has been horrendus, horrible, tiring and filled with mistakes from ShipMonk's end. From shipping the products, doing special projects, to receiving wrong prices upfront and explanations on how their pricing working, from doing errors of shipping and errors of constuction. Bad. Bad. Bad. And as with every bad company, LEAVING and STOPPING the relationship has been a very long, tedius and PAINFUL experience. In the end, after I cleared off my billing on the website from our bank, ShipMonk has lied to us, and they still kept that bank connection to us (illegally) and charged us more money than needed and not willing to refund us. A bad company is bad in the beginning - and also in the end, apparently.

Pros: - Nice GUI.
- Willing to take on various projects. Even though, that's same pro is a negative since they do the various projects in a horrendus way.

Cons: - Overpriced.
- Regularly lying about details and pricing.
- Misleading.
- Regular errors in packing the products.

by ShipMonk on 01/06/2021

Yuli, we hear you and we sincerely apologize if your experience was less than perfect. Please know that we would to make this right and would love to be in contact with you directly. Please reach out to [email protected] for further contact. Thank you for taking the time to reach out, and we hope to hear from you soon.

• Reviewed on 21/10/2019
Adeline D.
CEO and Founder
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2017

"Shipmonk has fuffiled orders that my customers made the same day and items are delivered fast."

Comments: Products being shipped for me and being able to cut time from visiting the post office and saving hundreds of dollars from shipping

Pros: Being able to navigate shipmonk to track orders, creating recieving to drop off new items, creating new orders for customers, being able to put an order on hold in case a customer needs to update their shipping information or make changes to their orders. Customer service is awesome and engineers are always available to respond to emails and resolving issues right away. Customers are pleased with how the products are delivered to them with no damages or scratches.

Cons: I just wish there was a mobile app to download so that it's easier for me to stay on top of orders instead of having to remind myself to log in daily

Shazi L.
Senior Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 07/07/2021

"Excellent software!"

Comments: In general, we love working with the Shipmonk software and the support team!

Pros: Very easy to use, super intuitive UI, great color use and layout, especially appreciate the at-risk feature for tracking packages that haven't moved in a while. Awesome support from the team as well! They are open to emails, calls, and are very thorough in their communication.

Cons: Ship mapping is a little convoluted and makes it feel as if the shipping methods available cannot always be fine-tuned to your company's preference.

• Reviewed on 07/07/2021
Toulaish S.
  • Reviewed on 15/07/2019

"I Love ShipMonk! Giving it a 5-Star!"

Pros: I am giving ShipMonk a 5-Star review for various reasons! "SIMPLICITY" would be one word to describe the overall user experience and business experience with ShipMonk. They have made a phenomenal job at Simplifying the entire process from Shopify integration to receiving your products in their warehouses and shipping them globally. They have a truly dedicated and devoted Customer Service team to help you every step of the way. Their international shipping rates are attractive and that has been much appreciated by our customers. Working with ShipMonk has been a plain-sailing journey. ShipMonk has made it possible for me to run my business remotely from anywhere in the world which I am truly appreciative and grateful for. Cheers,
Toulaish, CEO www.Sleep-Bliss.com

Cons: Honestly, they have organized themselves in such a way that I have not seen any negative points with ShipMonk so far.

• Reviewed on 15/07/2019
Angelo V.
Operations Manager
Consumer Goods, 51-200 Employees

"Shipmonk"

Comments: Shipmonk has been an incredible partner and a huge asset to growing our company, With the help of personal account happiness engineers and an always available service team orders can be shipped in a matter of minutes. With one of the largest facilities and an exceptional team fulfillment is easier than ever. Shipmonk is the way to go!

Pros: Easy to use portal, helpful team, fast fulfillment

Cons: there are no current issue we see using the software

Don C.
Chairman
Food Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/07/2020

"Great and Friendly Service"

Comments: ShipMonk has been a great partner to our small food business. They made us feel important and were always very responsive to our questions and needs. We found their pricing structure very easy to understand and we in fact realized substantial savings both in comparison to other fulfillment centers and in shipping costs by using their various locations.

Pros: ShipMonk was very easy to evaluate during the decision making process, the on-boarding was very efficient, and staff responsiveness is unsurpassed.

Cons: Hard to say. It really is very user-friendly so there is nothing notable on the negative side.

• Reviewed on 16/07/2020
Mikel P.
Founder, CEO.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2019

"Affordable but high quality fulfillment service"

Comments: All in all, very satisfied with their service and the timely delivery of the orders to my customers.

Pros: We've been using Shipmonk (and their associated Shopify app) for more than a year now. The onboarding process is fairly easy and they help you connect your store to their fulfillment center, and map the SKUs to their internal inventory codes. You can also do it yourself manually if you create product bundles, for instance, or they will do it for you if you have a lot of them, just by sending them a CSV. From that moment on, Shipmonk automatically captures the orders from Shopify, processes them, and then inserts the tracking number once the order has been fulfilled. So all in all, it is a very straightforward process and the only work you need to do is check their interface daily to verify no orders are "stuck" because the buyer entered an incorret address, or you have run out of stock of any item (which you shouldn't, as they provide a forecast on how many days of inventory you have left at the current sales rate.

Cons: Some occasional mistakes in the billing, especially at a time when a carrier reused tracking codes and we were charged for packages that were not ours, or in the beginning when they applied international shipping rates slighlty different to those agreed upon, but both were corrected quickly. Just be on top of the billing reports (that are fairly detailed, which honors them).

• Reviewed on 16/01/2019