15 years helping Israeli businesses

About Vagaro

Use Vagaro® management software to get found, booked, & paid. Start your FREE trial today, and grow your business the easy way!

Learn more about Vagaro

Pros:

I like the professional view and the ease with integration.

Cons:

Poor customer service with and attitude. Difficult to use for for more then 1-2 people.

Vagaro ratings

4.7

9.1/10

Vagaro has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 3,387 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Vagaro before?

Filter reviews (3,387)

Niel Winston
Niel Winston
REMOTASKS PILOT TEAM in Philippines
Architecture & Planning, 10,000+ Employees

My honest review for vagaro

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Vagaro is easy to use website very satisfying and not very expensive when it comes in payments i like vagaro i highly recommend it to the buyers im so happy using vagaro

Rachel
Manager in US
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

User Friendly

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall, we are happy with Vagaro and the support we receive.

Pros:

Vagaro fits our needs for our spray tanning and teeth whitening business. Very user friendly and improvements are always being made. Customer service is excellent.

Cons:

On a few rare occasions over the past 4 years that Vagaro has gone down during business hours, it completely disables our business. Can't see the calendar or check out clients.

Public Relations & Communications, 11–50 Employees

Vagaro is a double edged sword

3.0 2 months ago New

Comments: when i pointed this stuff out to support, they gaslighted me pretty hard, saying if I wanted that sort of functionality (not having my clients have to perform 3-5 clicks to get to the right service/product) that i should buy their hosted web design? ummm no im good i dont want to build a website on their platform They seem friendly but if you ask any technical questions they have been trained to sidestep them and offer solutions that are more beneficial to Vagaro than your spa/salon etc. Be careful!!!

Pros:

pretty straightforward to setup - the onboarding was weird bc they wouldn't allow multiple stakeholders to attend the onboarding meeting from multiple accounts?

Cons:

You should carefully decide whether you want to support Vagaro - here's why. The #1 reason we initially were looking at integrating Vagaro into our business was seamless bookings. They offer a pretty robust backend that makes it easy to add products/services and schedule them to a calendar. Unfortunately, if you want a very frictionless experience for your potential customers to book an appointment, there is a dangerous trade-off. #1: where your reviews live Vagaro's software prominently highlights / promotes leaving reviews on THEIR platform, which in the end benefits Vagaro's landing pages (which they rank on Google for local services, then they promote your competitors to that platform) #2 if you want to direct link to specific services or products you sell with a booking widget, you can't do that on your own website. You have to generate a link and send people to Vagaro.com This is problematic because now your potential customer/client is on a website which advertises your competitors.

last month

Thank you for sharing your insights and concerns regarding your experience with Vagaro. We strive to provide the best possible service, and your feedback is invaluable to us. At Vagaro, we offer personalized onboarding sessions for a one-on-one experience, along with weekly live webinars designed to help multiple users become familiar with our software. Additionally, you have the option to create direct links to your services in your Service/Class menu. It's important to note that your landing page features your business only. We value transparency and continuous improvement. Your feedback plays a crucial role in our efforts to enhance our software. You can submit suggestions and ideas for improvement on feedback.vagaro.com. Rest assured, we take your concerns seriously and are committed to addressing them to the best of our ability. Your satisfaction is our priority, and we appreciate your ongoing support.

Consumer Services, Self Employed

Vagaro gets the job done.. ALWAYS SEEM TO IMPROVE

Comments: Overall it has been satisfactory, which is why I am still here. The inconvenience of setting up another platform has not been worth the move to another platform

Pros:

Ease of use, consistency of good customer service and added features

Cons:

High email/text marketing costs, high rates to process payments, inability to credit/rollover unused portion of marketing plan ( ie. if I pay for 5k emails and only use 2k, it would be nice to allow rollover of unused portion) Especially due to the fact that there have been many glitches or unexplained sends that were not actually sent!! We have so much wasted money due to this

Alyssa
Veterinary Technician in St Kitts & Nevis
Veterinary Software, 11–50 Employees

Avid vagaro user

Pros:

I am fortunate enough that all the cosmetic places I go to (hair, nail, eyebrows, spay) use the Vagaro software. There I have been using Vagaro for years and I love it. It is easy to use, they remind me of appointments and I can add multiple services to my cart. It's easy for me to share with friends and family as well, and it is just as easy to follow with the older generation.

Cons:

I like the dark mode featuers on iPhone and Vagaro does not have that but that is not a big deal. Other than that, I have no complaints. It is easy to schedule, cancel appointments and see when your providers have availability.

Penny
Owner Creator in US

Trial Happy!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: So good so far! I am excited to go live soon!

Pros:

Entire setup process was easier than I thought

Cons:

The unfortunate essential initial time-consuming acclimation to something new

Shalonda
Nail Technician in US
Cosmetics, Self Employed

Ease with Client Needs

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

I love how easy and seamless it is to use the application. Especially for my clients.

Cons:

I do not have any dislike so far about Vagaro.

Alternative Medicine, 2–10 Employees

Vagaro takes online appointment scheduling to a whole new level

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I really enjoy how the team helps me get through virtually anything I have encountered so far of running my business. With the expansion to 2 other states I felt at ease and comfortable moving forward with them. You will be well taken care of with the Vagaro system and team.

Pros:

The features just blow me away. I could spend a year implementing all the options and still get more. The customer service team is sensational and always there.

Cons:

Just learning all the options to handle for customer/clientele management. There is a lot to learn with the Vagaro product. It takes time to absorb it all, but it is definitely worth it or I would not be still with them years later. I am proud to say I use their service to not only you but my clients.

Christopher
Personal Trainer in US

Great product.

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Easy to learn, easy to set up. Took less than 3 weeks to really understand the product.

Pros:

Easy to use. Absolutely user friendly. The mobile app is really good.

Cons:

Don't really have anything bad to say except I would like to clear my client's cancelation history.

Amber
director in US
Performing Arts, 2–10 Employees

great management tool

5.0 last month New

Comments: my overall experience has been great since using it for calendar purposes

Pros:

it's a great management tool for small businesses who needs to keep track of customers and sales

Cons:

the least i like about it is the adding of employees should be made simpler

Marissa
owner in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

After 7 years with another booking software, we switched to Vagaro in 2019 and have been very happy

Comments: We really like Vagaro. We have improved/streamlined our online booking thanks to it.

Pros:

The interface is easy to navigate and is much more client-user friendly than other booking software. And Daily Deals are great!

Cons:

Vagaro still doesn't have a lot of little features/extensions that would make doing business even easier, but they keep adding new things, which is helpful.

Small Business owners, look elsewhere

Comments: See above.

Pros:

Cheaper than others, but you get what you pay for in that it is glitchy and customer support is incompetent in troubleshooting.

Cons:

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND LACK OF EFFECTIVE SOLUTIONS. GLITCHY SOFTWARE. Vagaro USED to be a viable solution, but it is glitchy and tech support is (respectfully) incompetent when it comes to troubleshooting. It has been 4 days now of lost revenue and frustrated clients for my business. The only option that your customer service has been giving me is that they are trying to "replicate" the issue but haven't come up with a reasonable solution. They sent the issue to the developers two days ago. By the time we expect a response, it will be one week of lost revenue. We have had over a DOZEN clients report that they aren't able to complete checkout and all they keep getting is a "spinning red wheel." The solution offered by your tech support was to "refresh their cache," and to "change browsers" which is an unreasonable option to even offer, since there are clients who may not be even reporting issues and won't have that direction from us. No one from Vagaro has openly admitted that their is an issue with the software. This is inauthentic as how can over a dozen clients have issues with their web browsers or history(#gaslight)? It's clearly on your end yet no one has owned up to it at Vagaro. We are looking to switch due to lack of transparency, effective customer service and technical support.

HEATHER
Owner/Massage Therapist in US
Cosmetics, Self Employed

Smart choice

Pros:

I love how easy the setup is. Vagaro walks you through every part of the software so you know exactly what to do and how to use it. Additional features are more advance. Love the build in marketing features and how easy it was to link to my personal website.

Cons:

cost of additional features. started at $25/ month now to get everything I need I was close to what I was paying for other software companies. However, the customer service is far better.

4 years ago

Hello Heather, We are very pleased to hear you are happy with our software and our Support team! You are correct, the price does incrementally increase with the level of use - Vagaro is $25 a month for a single user and $10 for each additional user on your account up to seven total users. Anything above and beyond seven users are free. We also offer premium features such as credit card processing, email & text marketing, online forms and check-in app which attract an additional fee. Our Support staff is here to answer any additional questions you may have or walk you through the full functionality of the software, to ensure you are getting the most value for your money. Don't hesitate to reach out to us via phone at (925) 464-1932, or send an email to [email protected] and one of our agents will respond quickly. Regards, Dan C.

Christy
Salon Owner in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

I love the format of the software

Comments: I love that I do not need other services like Demand Force or Square for invoices and Gift Card Sales when using Vagaro. I can now customize Vargaro to do the same things in 1 software and in 1 payment per month!

Pros:

I love that the software is able to customized to my salon company needs. I love the email and text message marketing. I am still learning the program and all the add on services available. This month my 2 favorite features have been the invoice capability to be able to sell products to our clients while shut down for 30 days and then the ability to email & text clients of the current status of the salon closure.

Cons:

Reports are either not as detailed as I need or trying to pull collected information. For example, I wish I could pull a list of new clients who visited our company last month. I also wish I could mas tag a group of clients like tag all customers who bought "Color and haircut" or a specific product. Ability to mass tag would give my more marketing power as I listed in what I love most about the software.

4 years ago

Hi Christy, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you love!

Caitlyn

Recommend

Comments: Vagaro helps me organize all of my forms, treatment notes, and private yoga notes all in one safe place.

Pros:

I use this software to manage my yoga and massage business. It is a very affordable option that offers the same features as other software for less than half the price. I've turned several friends on to this software and they all agree it is easy to use and easy on the wallet.

Cons:

Most of my qualms with this software have been updated and fixed! They are constantly adding to the capabilities.

4 years ago

Hi Caitlyn, thank you so much for your feedback. We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with our Software. Thanks for being a Vagaro Business!

Tammy
Salon Coordinator in US
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Exactly what our salon has been looking for!

Comments: Overall, Vagaro has saved me so much time as the salon coordinator. It has made things that used to be tedious, time-consuming, and ineffective so simplified. Our out-dated system had limited options on many things. The auto-texting for reminder's (previously we did all reminders by calling clients) saved out life. It has saved us on no-show appts, clients showing up at wrong times, etc. We have even saved $ on the amount of appt cards we use because client's just want the text message instead of a physical card.

Pros:

SO USER FRIENDLY! Our stylist's were so intimidated by getting a new software, especially after using the same, outdated one for over 15 + years. Many of them aren't the most tech-savvy individuals, but it took hardly any time at all the train them on the system. They LOVE having the ability to see their schedules from the personal smart phone/ tablet when they aren't at work. Our client's LOVE their texting reminders.

Cons:

One of the main things I do wish were able to be customized would be on the daily ticket sheets we print each day. I would like to edit the amount of history for each client that is shown so that multiple pages do not print out for each client. The font is small and so i have to print it to be larger and then it ends up printing multiple unnecessary pages out.

4 years ago

Hi Tammy, we greatly appreciate your kind review. Thank you for letting us know what you love about Vagaro!

Leasa
Hairdresser in Australia
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Easy and most of all fun!

Comments: Even my least tech savy staff love this app. It's like their own little business is their pocket.
You can update colour themes and making the app look visually pretty and personalised is also a great feature.
Overall it does what I need it to do and makes my life easier. What else could you ask for.

Pros:

This system is the easiest I have used and has the most features for a decent price. Has most of the things I need and clients always comment on how super easy the online booking system is. Needless to say we get a lot of clients booking online The mobile part of the system is the easiest I have used and you can do so much from your phone

Cons:

A few things need to be customisable such as the text message system especially in Australia. Probably needs text message marketing options as well. It could be a little easier to add services to existing services. You currently have to pretend to checkout the client and add the service there. It's easy to delete or alter services on an existing booking but not to add the service.

4 years ago

Hi Leasa, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think!

Amanda
Owner/ Instructor in US

We love Vagaro

Comments: It's been grea; however, getting on with customer service has been a problem, which is understandable. With Mindbody the tech was able to pop on my computer screen to help, which convenient and sometimes easier than trying to explain a situation to the tech they can see what or who you are looking at.

Pros:

It's user friendly, for both the studio and client. Being small business owner, the cost of services is saving me so much. Wish I would have made the switch long ago. I like that we have different options for packages an d services.

Cons:

Wish there was an easier way to checkout a clients for multiple days. Often times when I back to reconcile accounts, it would be nice to do one client and reconcile with a drop box check-out in one place for multiple days.

4 years ago

Hi Amanda, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you love!

Elizabeth
LMT, Owner in US

Easy to setup and use

Pros:

Very affordable for a small business/sole-proprietor. Easy to use, they have videos that show you how to set things up. You can create your own forms or use stock ones they have. The booking site works so much better than SquareUp and doesn't have random maintenance for no reason. Also, WAY cheaper than Mindbody.

Cons:

As a massage therapist, I have many clients that want to book extras with their sessions, like aromatherapy. Vagaro doesn't allow for an extra to be added, so I have to book them as a separate appointment then make it a double booking.

3 years ago

Hi Elizabeth, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think!

Tatiyana
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Everything you need to know about Vagaro

Comments: Overall I am getting used to it. Vagaro is like driving a stock car. I think they can use some improvements that will make the world of difference. Everytime I call customer service I learn of a secret "work around" that seems like it should just be included in the feature. I do not dislike the software I just know there are some major improvements that can be made to make this software so much better.

Pros:

What I like the most about Vagaro is the user friendly mobile app. I like how easy it is for clients to receive text confirmations and book on the mobile app within a few clicks. I also like the fact that I trust the email system sending emails out successfully. Other email marketing softwares I have used seem less successful in reaching the customers inbox.

Cons:

The overall navigation of the site on the business end. Its alot of clicking around. The windows are hard to find. The search menu is annoying. If you are working in one window then have to edit something else you cannot continue or modify the edit within the same window you must leave that window enter another page then come back. Its too much back and forth for no reason. I do not like the reporting I think that could use alot of improvement. I do not like how I feel lost within Vagaro alot of times I find myself staring at the screen thinking "where do I go?" "How can I find this info?" These are not huge changes but I think with a few adjustment Vagaro's business user side can be more user friendly. Con: Marketing tool difficult to use. Con: when booking with multiple employees does not show all screens must click the name every time. Con: IOU feature, autopayments, editing packages and memberships for past and future sessions and costs.

3 years ago

Hello, we just wanted to say thank you so much for your feedback. We hope that you are enjoying our software and are happy to help any time you have questions. You can also reference our help site at support.vagaro.com which has many articles with step by step instructions. Thank you!

Cynthia
Massage Therapist in US

Love Vagaro!

Comments: I'm saving a lot of space not having to keep a paper schedule. Taxes are way easier, and if I used the software how it was meant to be used, it would be even easier. Baby steps! Haha.

Pros:

It is super easy to use, and if it isn't, customer service is there to help. The tutorials help too! TONS! There were a few things I had to give up moving to Vagaro from my old software, but I told customer service about it and not only did they figure out a way for me to still kinda offer the same thing to my clients, soon after, they came out with the option I needed!!! Like they did it just for me!

Cons:

It's NOT the software I have an issue with...It's payment processing. WAY TOO LONG TO GET PAID when my clients pay through Vagaro. I discourage it mostly.

Valerie
Cosmetics, 2–10 Employees

Responsive Customer Service & Support

Comments: Very good

Pros:

I have been using Vagaro for well over twelve years. They have come so far in the features they offer. What I think is pretty amazing is their ability to respond and implement user feature requests. All of their features are user friendly and the support chats are easy to use and provide answers to solve any issues or questions you have.

Cons:

There are a few fine details in the email marketing campaigns that need to be updates such as customizing the automations a bit more. In particular, I'd like automated emails to go our every year to my clients rather than the option maxing out at six months. Other than that, we still love Vagaro.

Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Okay, but only because the competition is more terrible.

Comments: Customer service can be spotty. Their support site is reasonable for the basic cases but is severely lacking in the actual nitty gritty of running the operations-- for example issuing refunds and voiding transacions is non-intuitive. Support team ignored my request for a demo. Support team dropped entirely off of my live chat and after ignoring half of my questions, and when they were responsive didn't actually address my full question. Their 30 day trial is a bait and switch since you can't actually test or try the billing flow from the customer's prospective without paying for the first month. I wouldn't go as far as to say that they are scammy but it certainly does not leave a good impression. Their software is feels designed for salons with a minimal attempt to hamstring it into a fitness scenarios. It can work ok for a sole proprietor in this sense but for anyone who is running a gym with more than one instructor you're stuck between a reasonably good looking piece of software lacking in many features for a reasonable(ish) price and other dated alternatives which checks for more boxes but comes with it's own baggage. It pains me to says that I'm with this company despite all of their shortcomings. Interactions with support can be pleasant punctuated by frustration. Fairly basic things which are missing is, again frustrating. Choosing Vagaro over the competition is like choosing Comcast because the only other option is get dial up.

Pros:

Vagaro is bette price than competitors and has a pretty up to date UI. It makes online reservation reasonably which is a must when trying to attract millennials. It tries to bring everything in house which could create opportunities for tighter integration. There is some hope that the software will improve as there is a lot of low hanging fruit and their CEO/Head of product has a clear strategy on how to take on the market. Support can be pleasant and responsive if you encounter the right staff. They have a lot of advanced features (though they are missing a lot of polish an finesse-- see below)

Cons:

Some of the ui is non intuitive but with creative searching of the support site you can find the answer. It's better if you can get someone to handhold you through the process--- and that's a big if. Software is missing some pretty basic features: 1/ Unable to link directly to a service provider, class, workshop, package, etc. It makes it very difficult to promote these things via ads or social media 2/ E-mails lack calendar reminder attachment for people to add to their calendar 3/ Lack of a list for classes/workshops. Older populations have difficulty finding or seeing the search bar for the classes. 4/ Lacking HIPAA support despite having SOAP note support 5/ Inability to customize new client email, appointment reminders etc. 6/ Inability to run new client discounts. 7/ Inability to actually see how the customers will actually interact with the platform as documentation / demo is woefully inadequate. 8/ Workshops feature is pretty haphazardly put together. It's just a class that runs over a series of dates. No options for early bird pricing. No options for custom dates. You're better off handling workshops through eventbrite or eventbee. 9/ Inability to provide detailed feed back such as this. I'm a customer who's paying _despite_ their shortcomings. I may have even conducted more user testing on Vagaro than the employees. They seem content in having their dirty laundry aired in a public medium.

Annie
owner/stylist in US

So far the customer support has been great, and I love they have classes each Monday.

Pros:

One vary cool thing about Vagaro is when you sign up as a single business owner or someone with a whole team, the encouraging words "You got this!" Made me smile. I knew this system would be a good fit if it could encourage me along the way to growing my business! What other company does that? The price seems vary reasonable and I love how my clients will get text reminders automatically after booking an appointment with me. Its so important these days as we can get so busy and forget an important appointment. Vagaro Pro seems to be vary user friendly and will be painless to train others to use. I have only been using Vagaro for a few weeks now for the free trial and I love the ease of navigation this program offers. I have used other computer systems and for the price I feel I will be getting quality for the investment. I have called tech support twice now and each time I have called with a question it seems as though the tech support team member was truly happy to help me. I also love how they offer classes weekly. This will be a great way to help me to continue to learn and train my staff. I have been in transition moving my business and location. The option to transfer all my client data from a spread sheet or my cell pone has been so helpful and a time saver. I feared I was going to have to enter each client one by one, but the import option made it so easy and only took a few minutes to do. I will be telling other business owners about this booking system. Its great!

Cons:

One thing if find frustrating with most electronics is that the options change with different devices. The same is true with booking stytems. I was able to down load the Vagaro app for my cell phone, but not my desk top. It would be nice not to have to log on each time on my desk top, and just rather click an icon and my books open for me like it does on my cell phone. I would also like the open to test trial the Vagaro credit card services, but that is not included in the trial. One things I found challenging is customizing my service menu. Vagaro has so many services already input in the statement I have had to go through and delete many services I do not offer as well and filtering through the descriptions of each service I do want to keep. It would make it more simple to keep the service menu empty so the business owner can customize without having to delete and edit prices for services they want. Though, may be helpful to someone brand new to the industry. I also do not care for my clients to have access to online booking. I would rather be in charge when a guest needs a reservation so we give proper timing for each individual service. The only valuable thing for online booking would be for more guest control. I do not want to that up or maybe the idea is just too new for me. Also, you don't know is booking. Everything is so electronic these days. I would rather talk to a real person about my reservation then just book online, thinking costumer service communication.

Crystal
Salon Owner in Canada

Do Not Purchase Vagaro Pay Desk

Comments: It’s sad because I do love Vagaros booking system but unfortunately I was threatened my account will close as soon as I dispute this with my credit card.

Pros:

I like the booking system and app it worked great for my salon

Cons:

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] I had received my package containing a pay desk system a scanner and a EMV reader from Vagaro. this whole system which cost me $1270.72 Canadian dollars after tax. I had called the Vagaro sales team to ask specific questions about the system before purchasing. I purchased the system [SENSITIVE CONTENT]so I either called that day or the day before. I called to make sure that this system was not just a booking tool to run Vagaro and asked if I can run my whole business from it like a tablet could. I used a specific example asking if I could run Spotify from it. The salesman assured me that I could in fact do all of this and never once indicated that the system only supports certain apps. I stated that I was falsely sold an item that does not operate in the way I was informed it would and would like to return this item and receive a refund. I was told I could not return this item and that Vagaro does not take any returns, I asked to speak with a manager and was told I could not. I have called back 2x since and both times left with no response to why I can’t be refunded other then I signed and acknowledged the refund policy. I had said I was aware of the refund policy but again I signed it with the intention that I was being sold something completely different therefore having no need to return it.

2 years ago

When purchasing hardware we make our policy very clear that we do not offer returns or refunds. We do, however, offer a one-year warranty for all of our hardware products. We are happy to troubleshoot, answer questions, and help educate you on our products. The Pay Desk does come with Google Chrome web browser, which allows you to navigate to Spotify.com. Our support team is available 24/7, so if you have further questions on how to use your Pay Desk please reach out, we are happy to help.