• Overall
    3.9 /5

About Epos Now

Cloud-based Point of Sale system trusted by 30,000 business owners. Try free for 30 days!

Learn more about Epos Now

Crystal M.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2019

"A great tool for any business"

Comments: This software has made my book keeping a thousand times easier.

Pros: I like that it is user friendly and the back office functions make my paperwork so much easier to navigate.

Cons: Slow to load and could have better options for integrating rewards and gift certificates.

• Reviewed on 08/11/2019
Catherine J.
Administrator
  • Reviewed on 24/02/2017

"Modifiable POS System that is easy to use, quick update availability, and economically friendly"

Comments: When researching POS systems, I ran across a plethora of them out there. I set up online displays where I could interact with different systems. The problem I encountered is that we are a hardware, tool, and lumberyard retail store. With this means thousands upon thousands of products, skus, and etc. In addition, lumber prices fluctuate weekly. As a result, we have to have the capability of easily modifying prices. From the 6 different POS systems I interacted with, Epos Now was the simplest, user-friendly, and MOST economical. In addition, the customer service and response time to questions before we ever purchased the system was almost instantaneous. When your livelihood depends on being able to make sells, update products, add products, create applicable categories, track sales, itemize most often sold products, track profit/loss margins, and etc., it is a necessity to have a company that will grow with you and teaches you how to continually grow. For us, Epos Now has been phenomenal. The quick customer response and having your own 'handler' so to speak is great! I seek assistance from (Epos Now representative), and he never fails. He is quick to respond, quick to offer aid, and he teaches the program. He isn't a fixer where you have to continually call to have the same issue fixed. He is an educator. He teaches me about the errors I create when I am utilizing the system, and he demonstrates how to solve the problem.

Pros: What I like most about the product is the simplistic layout, the fact that the system is economical, the ease of learning the system, the quick access to help when it is needed. If your POS system fails, you have to have access to help and Epos Now is there when you need it-you don’t have to wait days to hear back. Another feature that I love is the tracking and reports. I love that I can track what customers order and be able to send emails when customers make payments on their credit accounts is phenomenal. Our customers love this feature.

Cons: I wish the measurement was in standard measurements instead of metric. For example, we sell nails and screws by the pound, but in the system we don't have the option to choose pound, but it isn't the end of the world instead we set it up as l (liter) but when you establish the cost it doesn't matter if it is showing as l or lb because you set it up as cost per 1 unit-whatever unit you choose to use. This is the same issue with measurement instead of foot, there is a meter, but it is still manageable without the standard measurement. The only option currently with Epos Now is metric, but it is my understanding that standard measurement is coming soon.

• Reviewed on 24/02/2017
Zehra D.
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 02/12/2020

"WORST SYSTEM AND CUSTOMER SERVICE"

Comments: My overall experience is below 0 with this company, they cannot solve anything and puts even more challenges in front of their customers.

Pros: I made the decision to purchase this software because it looked user-friendly and the support team sounded great. It was also in top 10 for retail software in UK.

Cons: Since, the beginning I had many technical problems and problems with the support team. Once accidentally, they've deleted all my sales and product data during trading!
After a while, I lost connection with the support team, waiting for a day or 2 for them to get back to me, screen freezes in front of the customers in the store and there's nobody to reach, the system doesn't sync, no solution there. And, their Bulk Editor app is not working at all! And, once you reach someone with the support team, their answer is always like that - sorry, it has to be a glitch in the system, there's nothing I can do! Their support is to solve system problems, therefore I don't understand this reply at all!
I've bought the integration with Shopify and this sync is not working either and they are blaming Shopify about this. No product or refund data to be synced during the day, nobody to reach for help. I have been waiting for a solution to this for 4 weeks now. I don't recommend this company to anyone, please stay away from this brand!

• Reviewed on 02/12/2020
Denise Z.

"Works for our store!"

Comments: Overall, the flexibility and customization is the best feature and the reason we stay. In addition, Epos is always updating and improving! Very helpful customer service group!

Pros: Flexibility and customization of the software.

Cons: Integrations - We have a few integrations - Shopify, Mail Chimp (which was discontinued), Postal options, etc. The integration we're least pleased with is Shopify. Everything is an add on which makes it hard for small startups.

Erick E.
Store MAnager
Furniture, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/12/2018

"Customer Service"

Comments: While attempting to intergrade a new payment processing company, I could not have been more pleased with the service and assistance I received from support team. Team treated me with the upmost courtesy and respect that all customer service representatives should deliver to their customers. From start to finish, they were there to assist me the entire way through what should have been an easy setup but were able to overcome all the obstacles that came up along the way. Thank you so much for your help and I am so happy knowing I have their team available to assist me in the future.

Pros: Professional, courtesy and respectful to their customers. Representatives go out of their way to assure the problem you are experiencing is resolved 100%

Cons: there is not anything I can think of at this time that would classify as a con based on all the positive experiences I have had dealing with their IT department as of late.

by James on 15/01/2019

Thank you for your 5 star business review of the service interactions you have had with us, it's really great to receive positive feedback from our customers.

We are striving every day to improve our customer service, we understand that some of the more technical aspects of our systems can require detailed explanations where patients and courtesy are required to promote great working relationships.

As one of our standard support customers please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or require any further assistance.

We looking forward to hearing from you.

• Reviewed on 31/12/2018
Martin C.
Café Manager
Restaurants, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/09/2017

"EPOs Back Office set up from the begining ."

Pros: On Wednesday 20th September 2017 I was having some problems trying to log in to the back Office on our EPOs till.
I phoned the support line in the morning & was connected to a 1st line support Agent.
I explained the problem & it was agreed that she would phone me back at 4pm to help resolve the problem.
We have recently changed company names over & there had been a mix up about which account etc. was still active ( our fault ).
she phoned at 4pm prompt then kindly spent the next 2 hours or so helping me re install EPOs back office again as the one we had been using was now locked.
I explained to her that I needed to get the new programme running as we opened again at 9am on the 20th & we needed the system up & running.
Just to summarize as it would take to long to explain she was exceptional in the very cool, calm & professional manner in which she helped me resolve this issue. I was getting a little stressed as this was put on me last minute but she explained the process step by step in a very friendly & understanding manner.
Anything she wasn't sure about in the process she asked for advice from her team & at one point she kindly got another member of her team to help also.
Its vary rare when you deal with telephone help lines that everything you ask for happens but I can honestly say that she went above & beyond to help me which was really appreciated & I was able to set up the new Back Office system in time for us to be able to trade again in the next morning.
she is a prime example of how to get a good end result for both parties in & limited time scale in very difficult & testing situation.
She is an asset to your team & I hope she receives the recognition she deserves.

• Reviewed on 23/09/2017
Steve W.
Company director
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/11/2018

"Best Epos system on the market"

Comments: If your looking for a new Epos system that does exactly what it says on the box and some, makes your life much simpler and keeps your staff and customers very happy with how easy the system
Is to operate then I suggest you pick up the phone and call Eposnow - and tick one more of those to-do boxes - sorted And finally to name names credit where credits due - Olly mate your awesome - thankyou soo much for all your help with the tech stuff and your programming and knowledge of the system is awesome, so a personal thankyou goes out to you especially but also all the other members of the time from start to finish - well done guys

Pros: Straight forward to use with logical operating system integrates with other systems easily and seemlessly - the team at Eposnow offer second to none support with full programming and setup assistance on and off site - they set it all up remotely for me and when the day of changeover came it’s was literally 5mins and the old out of date system was out and my brand new all singing all dancing Eposnow system was up and taking money ! - the after support has been awesome not that there has been any issues but a few small tweaks here and there - my chefs love it seperate printers for each course clear easy to understand tickets, it also allows me to use the tab function to use as my hotel rooms and bill transfers happen easily. Back office is easy to navigate and gives me real time information, my specials are set up and are simple to amend each day - I can’t fault it

Cons: Extreme hostility was experienced but not from these guys - it was from my old Epos solution company when I told them I was leaving - telling me I’d made a huge mistake and I won’t get any support or help - this was the exact reason I left them and went to the guys at Eposnow - I won’t mention names but if they, as I do keep an eye on the competition, and they read this they need to take a good long look at the guys at Eposnow and how they really look after their customers - they might learn something.

by James on 11/12/2018

Hello Steve.

Thank you for leaving a review of Eposnow. We are really pleased to hear that the transition to ourselves has gone well and we are really excited to work with you and your business in the future.

I will make sure Olly gets to see your review, he is a really great asset to us at Eposnow.

Kind Regards

James

• Reviewed on 29/11/2018
Nicola F.
Restaurants, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/02/2018

"I've been using EposNow for 2 years, I would greatly recommend!"

Comments: I literally do not know what I would do without EposNow, I would recommend them to anyone and have done in the past! We had a problem with our cashdrawer and it was replaced the following day. I've recently got very involved with going deeper into stock levels and master products and am very impressed with everything I can do!

Pros: Insights into sales, stock, customer loyalty all on dashboard and easy to read.
There is so much I can do in the back office, I'm still learning new things 2 years on and am still very impressed with what I am able to do!
Support are brilliant, always very friendly and helpful.
There is a feature vote where you can submit any suggestions for the system and users vote on features they would like to see.
The apps that integrate are very useful and there is something for everything you could think of!
I can access the back office from anywhere, I love this, it means I can work from home and keep up to date with sales.

Cons: Support do take a while to answer your call, although I have only noticed this recently.
Their stationary (till rolls etc can seem a little pricey) but you aren't bound to buy from them.

• Reviewed on 16/02/2018
Sherry R.
Gift Shop Manager
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/11/2019

"After one year"

Pros: Great tech support, cusromizable software.

Cons: There is no user manual, and the "guide me" feature is limited

• Reviewed on 04/11/2019
Adam P.
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2018

"The perfect solution for my business"

Pros: The software is so easy to use, has fantastic features and allows me to keep control of my business. The support is fabulous and the staff go the extra mile to assist with anything.

Cons: epos Now are constantly listening to feedback so the software is improving all the time. The system works wel for me so there's nothing I could say that needs to improve at the moment.

by Naiomi on 01/08/2018

Hello Adam,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review. I am so glad to hear that you have enjoyed using the software and have taken full advantage of our lovely support team. It is always fantastic to hear that our updates have been so well received and I look forward to hearing more from you in the future.

Kind Regards,

Naiomi

• Reviewed on 25/07/2018
Edward D.
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2017

"Cons I was charged month after month for NOTHING"

Comments: ONCE YOU SIGN UP THERE IS NO WAY OUT. I TRIED THIS SYSTEM FOR A RETAIL STORE BUT THIS SYSTEM WAS SO SLOW AND WHEN I CALLED TECH SUPPORT I WAS GIVIN THE RUN AROUND BUT FINALLY THEY ADMITTED THAT THERE WAS MORE THAN A THOUSAND ITEMS IN MY STORE AND THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO TO FIX THE SPEED SO I ASK TO BE CANCELLED IMMEDIATELY BUT UNFORTUNATELY EPOSNOW KEPT CHARGING MY CREDIT CARD MONTH AFTER MONTH. EVERY TIME I CALLED I WAS PROMISED THAT I WILL NEVER SEE ANY MORE CHARGES OF COURSE WITHOUT ANY REFUNDS AT ALL. BUT YET THE CHARGE APPEARS ON MY BANK STATEMENT EVERY MONTH. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND SUCH A CON OPERATION.

Pros: ONCE YOU SIGN UP THERE IS NO WAY OUT. I TRIED THIS SYSTEM FOR A RETAIL STORE BUT THIS SYSTEM WAS SO SLOW AND WHEN I CALLED TECH SUPPORT I WAS GIVIN THE RUN AROUND BUT FINALLY THEY ADMITTED THAT THERE WAS MORE THAN A THOUSAND ITEMS IN MY STORE AND THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO TO FIX THE SPEED SO I ASK TO BE CANCELLED IMMEDIATELY BUT UNFORTUNATELY EPOSNOW KEPT CHARGING MY CREDIT CARD MONTH AFTER MONTH. EVERY TIME I CALLED I WAS PROMISED THAT I WILL NEVER SEE ANY MORE CHARGES OF COURSE WITHOUT ANY REFUNDS AT ALL. BUT YET THE CHARGE APPEARS ON MY BANK STATEMENT EVERY MONTH. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND SUCH A CON OPERATION.

Cons: ONCE YOU SIGN UP THERE IS NO WAY OUT. I TRIED THIS SYSTEM FOR A RETAIL STORE BUT THIS SYSTEM WAS SO SLOW AND WHEN I CALLED TECH SUPPORT I WAS GIVIN THE RUN AROUND BUT FINALLY THEY ADMITTED THAT THERE WAS MORE THAN A THOUSAND ITEMS IN MY STORE AND THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO TO FIX THE SPEED SO I ASK TO BE CANCELLED IMMEDIATELY BUT UNFORTUNATELY EPOSNOW KEPT CHARGING MY CREDIT CARD MONTH AFTER MONTH. EVERY TIME I CALLED I WAS PROMISED THAT I WILL NEVER SEE ANY MORE CHARGES OF COURSE WITHOUT ANY REFUNDS AT ALL. BUT YET THE CHARGE APPEARS ON MY BANK STATEMENT EVERY MONTH. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND SUCH A CON OPERATION.

• Reviewed on 19/06/2017
Michelle O.
Retail
  • Reviewed on 15/09/2016

"Good experience with Epos Now"

Pros: Great looking product, beautiful interface. Back office component is easy to navigate and robust. Easy to find all of the reports and data I need. A component in the back office allows you to suggest improvements to the software. We are a resale shop and this software fit my needs of being able to assign store credit to my customers.

Cons: There are a few UI areas that could use improvement but nothing too critical.
Getting a hold of customer support can be tricky, I believe they are based in the UK with support in the East Coast. I'm on the West Coast so occasionally I've had to play a bit of phone tag before getting a live person.
Because I do own a resale/consignment shop, I'm adding a lot of various products to my stock list as I set up over several months, and this has required me to sign up for a Bulk Upload app which has an extra fee associated with it. This is annoying. If you add new lines of products regularly this is likely something you'd have to do, since adding products one by one is tedious. Though they will do a bulk upload for you when you first set up for free, so if you've got your product list in advance this might not be an issue.
Because some of the features are apps it takes a while to navigate to them and open them.
This being said, these are minor complaints, when I look back at some of the other systems I did look at.

• Reviewed on 15/09/2016
Ian P.
Sporting Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/12/2017

"Excellent experience"

Pros: Excellent experience migrating from an old system to this brand new system for our cricket club. The help in the implementation phase was really invaluable and they took their time to understand our current practices and provided better resolution rather than just trying to copy what we’d done before. I just also say that the tech support and ‘live chat’ has been excellent in getting quick answers to little niggles rather than submitting endless tech support tickets. The software is easy to use and I like being able to access my information on my phone from anywhere that I am. The email dashboards that you can automatically email to yourself are also very good, especially yesterday’s sales and last weeks sales.

Cons: A member of staff is dyslexic and struggles with the colours. We would like the ability to change the colours so that it is easier to distinguish different products. We currently keep track of 700 members in an excel sheet and would like to find a way to manage multiple member types in different categories, and allocate each category the same price automatically through the software.

• Reviewed on 21/12/2017
Michelle G.
  • Reviewed on 08/04/2018

"Terrible customer service"

Pros: The system is easy to use. I would love to have continued to use it....if they stood by what that tell you when you are purchasing the product and provide customer support, as they indicated.

Cons: Do yourself a favor....DO NOT PURCHASE AN EPOS SYSTEM. They DO NOT stand by what they tell you, when you are purchasing their equipment. Their support after one year is HORIBLE. If you refuse to buy their customer support plan, they tell you that they provide email support, which is a lie. They told me desktops have a 3 yr warranty on all equipment. Now, they are saying it only had a 1 yr warranty and we have to pay for a warranty, to have anything replaced now. I have created several tickets and never heard a word back or got the problem resolved. Today (Sunday at 2:00 CST) our desktop was down (which is ironic since our warranty supposibly just expired on the desktop). We had customers in our store and I needed our desktop up to check out customers. We received an error message saying the desktop could not be found, it has been moved or deleted. We called EPOS. It went to U.K. They refused to help because we did not purchase the 24/7 customer support service and said to call the US support line on Monday. Needless to say, we will be shopping for another POS system that stands by their product and customer service!

• Reviewed on 08/04/2018
Amanda W.
Owner/Operator
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 06/10/2016

"Epos Now for new gift store"

Comments: I purchased Epos Now for my new store, and overall I've been extremely satisfied with the program. I purchased the software and hardware (except magnetic strip), and for the price the software is unbeatable. Epos's sales and support team are just a call away 24/7, and have been great to work with.

Pros: The product is really user friendly, and tracks inventory, payroll and taxes. Plus it keeps track of trending products, low stock items, and allows you to run promotions for specific time frames.

Cons: I haven't figured out how to create a promotion that only applies if a customer brings in a coupon I've ran in the local paper. Example: Discount of 15% on any purchase of $35 or more.
I can set up a promotion like this but it will apply to any transaction over $35. The support team at Epos is trying to figure out away around this

• Reviewed on 06/10/2016
Kevin R.
Treasurer
Sporting Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2019

"Epos Now retail software"

Pros: The customer support is the best thing about EposNow. The reps were always available to make sure that everything worked 100% the way we needed. Many thanks!

Cons: There are no specific defects or problems with the software.

by Hakim on 29/03/2019

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your review.

We are pleased to see that you are enjoying your EPOSNOW system.

We are always looking to improve our product for our customers therefore your feedback is invaluable.

Our team are aware of your requests and if we come up with anything further to tailor your needs, we will of course let you know.

Kind regards,

Hakim Akanmu

Customer Experience Manager

• Reviewed on 13/03/2019
Tatiana N.
Restaurants, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/09/2020

"Don't Do it! Go with another POS"

Comments: horrible im lucky if I get a response. Still waiting on phone calls from them its a sad company that robs people of their money.

Pros: It looks nice thats pretty much all I can say about it.

Cons: customer service is a joke, I've sent so many emails and called and keep getting bounced around. They are charging me when I didn't get my system for a month and half got my CC company set up and said I would here from Epos Now to finish the final step and nada. I even got charged for not doing the integration of the cc payment per terms and conditions which I did and called asking them to help me with the final step and nothing. I just want to be refunded bug waste of time and money. I need a new POS company and im 9 days away from opening which they know about. Don't throw your money away with this company check the BBB on them they have well over 30 complaints with similar situations.

• Reviewed on 03/09/2020
Matt O.
Retail, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2017

"Genuinely brilliant at every point of contact"

Pros: My implementation consultant at EposNow was genuinely brilliant at every point of contact. We'd got an incredibly tight deadline to have our till systems up and running, which, without her help, we'd have had no hope of achieving. She was personable, understanding and most importantly both clear and efficient. As someone who hadn't had a massive amount of exposure to the EposNow system, she communicated it's functions and features clearly enough that I could then immediately train others extensively and to an intermediate standard. Great service from the EposTeam, the integrations consultant included for his efficiency with our WorldPay integration. A massive thanks, especially to my implementation consultant. Top Work! Cheers Triumph Motorcycles

• Reviewed on 13/12/2017
Tomeka W.
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2017

"Excellent software"

Pros: I purchased this POS system back in June in anticipation of opening my convenience store. There wa a delay in the start of my business I was not able to setup my system and implement my training in the original time frame allotted. When I was finally able to setup, which was months later, when I contacted EPOS they were beyond helpful. The license that I have does not come with phone support, but the tech team has went above and beyond to help me get the setup over the phone regardless. I love the interface of the software and the versatility that it provides. I am truly enjoying using it and really like ‘guide me’ and the App Store.

Cons: Sometimes it is difficult to get through to a technican and I do not always receive a response to tickets that I raise.

• Reviewed on 14/12/2017
Daryl K.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 05/10/2017

"One of the best SAAS point of sale systems I've seen!"

Comments: Overall i rate this the best fair priced POS system available with good support.

Pros: - Great front office (terminal)
- Own backoffice module, so you can review sales, edit settings etc, manage inventory
- Smooth for full touchscreen devices. Software only or full hardware bundle available
- Connected to your system from everywhere. Even on your smartphone.
- Easy handeling of functions, they also have a guide me assistant to get started if you are a novice.
- Apps store to expand your system by your own needs

Cons: - Have to enter items manually. They do have a import module you can buy as a subscription. Can get expensive if you add all those subs in total. this should have been included in the system, at least a simple import feature.
- The app store needs to be open to third party developers

• Reviewed on 05/10/2017
Marcia N.
Sporting Goods, 2-10 Employees

"Epos Now user"

Pros: works well for what we do. I do like the Epos Now Community. It has helped a alot. I would like to be able to send invoices fro the system as well as have a manual.

Cons: No supportive literature. The program seems written for British companies not so much American. I cant email invoices.

Alex B.
Restaurants, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/08/2017

"Amari was great and very helpful."

Pros: He helped me set up 2 of my printers and fire open my cash drawer. His service was very streamlined and he told me it was his first day, he did a good job for that.

Cons: The whole set up is kind of complicated. It should be simple to just plug up a receipt printer and cash drawer, but my problem is fixed and I know what to do now for future reference.

• Reviewed on 22/08/2017
Moe A.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/08/2017

"Great Help"

Pros: Customer rep. was a great help and he was on top of his work. The software fits our needs nicely and I look forward to continuing our relationship with Epos Now.

Cons: Unfortunately I didn't want to get on the phone and had to because live chat wasn't available. They said the US is working on getting it soon though.

• Reviewed on 09/08/2017
Sharon L.
Treasurer
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2019

"Epos Now"

Pros: Easy to understand reports, breaks down each category and sub category. Can transfer reports right into excel

Cons: When setting up it can be a little confusing with Master Product and sub products, but the technical support staff was very helpful with this

• Reviewed on 16/10/2019
Chris H.
Building Materials, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2017

"Staff are very patient and helpful"

Pros: It does the job we need it to do, haven't used half the features yet but will do in time. The staff are very patient and helpful sorting out problems.

Cons: After updates there can be problems logging on however the staff are there to sort the problems out when they arise

• Reviewed on 26/06/2017