15 years helping Israeli businesses

About LastPass

LastPass provides secure password management without compromising ease of use and employee productivity.

Learn more about LastPass

Pros:

It was free and very simple to use. I decided to subscribe to the paid version, and I had some of the best customer service, but some of the premium features fell below my expectations (more below).

Cons:

If lastpass has an outage, you can't login to any platform and that can ruin your day. You can't put a setting on lastpass that says keep me logged in for the next 4 hours.

LastPass ratings

4.5
4.3
4.6
4.5

8.8/10

LastPass has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 2,749 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used LastPass before?

Filter reviews (2,749)

Money
Money
Cyber Security Engineer in Canada
Alternative Medicine, 51–200 Employees

Streamlined Security Solution

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Everything about using LastPass has gone really well for me. It has become into a vital tool for me in my digital life, improving security on all of my devices and handling passwords with ease. LastPass still impresses me with its dependability, ease, and dedication to protecting my information, even with slight setbacks. I heartily urge everyone looking for a reliable and effective password management solution to check out LastPass.

Pros:

LastPass is excellent at offering a thorough and efficient security solution. Sensitive data is unmatchedly protected by its strong features, which include password management, two-factor authentication, and safe data storage. Accessing accounts is made simple with the single sign-on feature and mobile authentication, while real-time warnings and notifications give even more peace of mind.

Cons:

Despite its amazing feature set, LastPass occasionally has small bugs or delays when synchronizing across devices. Furthermore, there can be a learning curve for certain users who find the user interface to be initially a little complicated, necessitating full utilization of all functions.

Melle
Melle
Creative Manager in Canada
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

A Great Password Manager for Teams

Comments: Overall, I love love love LastPass. They have an incredible free option, and the paid option that we use is just as great (the difference is mostly the number of devices that you can use it on). It does its job and protects all of our passwords and our clients with flawless ease. I would definitely recommend it for anyone looking for a super straightforward way to implement password management into their life or business.

Pros:

I love the sharing feature, it makes it very simple for us to share passwords with the right members of our team with very little muss or fuss. It's also super easy to use on a computer, just one click and your password is there. It integrates seamlessly into all the browsers we've tried, and the password generator is one click to ultra secured and totally unguessable passwords.

Cons:

The software's overall greatness is in stark contrast against its mobile performance. The biometrics logins don't work very well at all (leaving you to type a complicated master password with your thumbs). It doesn't always show up as an option with every mobile site or app and often times when it does, it's unusable because it's under the "eye" icon that allows you to reveal the password, which renders it unclickable.

Rakesh
Engineer in Australia
Mining & Metals, 11–50 Employees

No fuss password manager

Comments: It has been positive so far and encryption makes it safer.

Pros:

LastPass really helps in a team environment where an account for a tool is shared across multiple users. Given the nature of work I do it is very vital to have a password manager that works across different tools and accounts.

Cons:

Not very much worried of anything as it solves the problem I and the team have. Can't really comment on the admin side of things.

Lance
Operations Manager in US
Computer & Network Security, 11–50 Employees

Lastpass failings after breach

Comments: Lastpass suffered a breach, and they were not transparent about what had happened, providing very little information for months. They also neglected to increase the iterations of the Password-Based Key Derivation Function on older accounts, making them far more susceptible to having those passwords eventually brute forced. Although they have remedied this post-breach, we are not comfortable using them moving forward.
If you're new to lastpass, you're likely secure at this point, but they dropped the ball with long time users.

Pros:

We used this product for years and found it extremely easy to use, but had to leave after their lack of transparency surrounding a breach. It is a good password manager and easy to use, but we are no longer comfortable using this service.

Cons:

Lack of transparency after they experienced a breach.

Seth
Seth
Communications Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

A white-washed tomb

Comments: It was great... until it wasn't.

Pros:

The product is easy to use and works really well. However, this isn't important if it doesn't actually do the one thing its supposed to: i.e. keep your passwords and information secure.

Cons:

I do not trust LastPass after the way they handled the breaches in late 2022. The intentionally made their communication vague and confusing to try to hide their poor management of our data. Their customer support is also lacking. When we went to turn off auto-renew on our enterprise subscription so that we could finish out the year but not purchase another, they deactivated our account. Luckily we didn't lose any passwords, but we did lost access to the admin dashboard which would have been helpful in the transition. And would be absolutely vital to a larger organization. Been in contact with their support about it and I'm pretty sure they are lying to me about what happened.

Patrick
Patrick
Small Business Owner in US
Real Estate, Self Employed

Excellent password and profile management

Comments: I've had this manager for 5+ years and I absolutely love it. The one thing I would add is the ability to search the vault for logins with duplicate passwords.

Pros:

It just works. With hundreds of passwords, some infrequently used, a manager is a must in today's world. The browser plugin easily recognizes your credentials for the site you're on, and gives you the option of multiple logins on a dropdown list. Simple.

Cons:

At times the drop down list is unreadable making it difficult to identify which credential you need. This mostly happens on mobile. Some websites do not allow autofill, but that's not LastPass's fault.

Jake
Jake
Senior Trainer in US
Media Production, 2–10 Employees

LastPass is the Last Password Management Software your Team Needs

Comments: LastPass did a phenomenal job of solving the problem that our business previously faced–– sharing passwords with too many people. Every time we shared login information with others, we were facing a potential compromise if freelancers lacked character or their email accounts had been hacked. Thankfully, we never had bad luck. LastPass is a great form of insurance for helping business owners have peace of mind.

Pros:

LastPass is a fantastic software solution for so many reasons–– My chief use of it is so my team doesn't have to personally know all the various passwords to websites and SAAS solutions our organization uses. Certain users have access to using different sites without knowing what the passwords are. This makes me feel much more secure hiring freelancers. It also really helps to be able to safely give more access to our company resources for colleagues.

Cons:

With some lower-grade freelancers I hired, they had a harder time figuring out how to use the software to log into websites that I had requested from them. LastPass is not completely foolproof, but it is the best alternative to keeping your login information safe when sharing with workers.

Petter
Petter
Parish Manager in UK
Civic & Social Organization, 2–10 Employees

A very good password manager!

Pros:

LastPass is one of the first software I install on any new device. I very much like it's ability to sync passwords across devices, including AutoFill even on iPhone and iPad. At the moment I couldn't do without it!

Cons:

There is nothing not to like, really. I am a massive fan.

Vishal
Vishal
Junior Consultant in India
Information Technology & Services, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Simplifying Password Management for Seamless Security

Comments: My enjoy with LastPass has been exceptional. It has made handling passwords lots less complicated and more solid. I like how smooth it's far to use and the way it really works properly on specific devices. Even irrespective of the fact that there had been some small troubles with autofill and the unfastened version has limits, LastPass has been sincerely beneficial for maintaining my on-line debts solid and prepared.

Pros:

I realize LastPass individual friendly interface and its capability to purchase secure content material and generate complicated passwords. Its Pass platform compatibility and dependable self-enforcement high-quality simplifies password management on device structures. In addition, the potential to soundly percentage passwords with individual employees helps collaboration at the same time as keeping security.

Cons:

I've had troubles with LastPass not filling in passwords successfully on sure websites or apps. Also, the loose version has limits, like simplest working on one kind of device (both pc or cellular). But these problems are small as compared to all the great things LastPass gives for dealing with passwords

Eddie
SPM in US
Construction Software, 11–50 Employees

Affordable and Useful Password Manager

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

It’s a cheap and straightforward system for my daily use.

Cons:

The family functionality is not that convenient and multiple users have to wait for authentication by main user

Driver in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, Self Employed

LastPass is a must have.

Comments: It has been a great saver when having to save or generate new secure passwords.

Pros:

It's easy to set up and manage passwords.

Cons:

Nothing so far at this time. It's great.

Nick
General contractor in US
Construction Software, 51–200 Employees

Last pass is exceptionally well thought out

Pros:

The ease of synchronization is key to success of this app working for my company or not. And it nailed 6on all aspects.

Cons:

Thought The color of the interface could of been brighter

Owner in US
Media Production, Self Employed

Seamless and and organizational life saver

Comments: I was hopelessly lost with endless spreadsheets and worried about keeping data secure. I found LastPass, utilized groups and autofill, and haven't looked back.

Pros:

My life is so much more organized, and logins kept secure and randomized. I never worry or stress about keeping track of the many passwords in my life - they are all random bits of data now. From the mobile app to desktop, Groups, Shares without passwords,

Cons:

Sometimes the mobile app stops filling and I have to re-enable accessibility options on android, the the fill window won't let me properly paste in info.

Rick
Director of Photography in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

LastPass - It was nice while it lasted

Comments: I've used LastPass for years but the pricing update makes it less appealing for my needs. It just feels weird to pay for something that has nothing new to offer at this point.

Pros:

I'll be honest. I liked that it was accessible across all devices for free. I could share passwords with other users on the free tier. I like that extension functionality

Cons:

The fact that they've changed their pricing structure and are now making you choose between mobile or desktop if you want to keep it free. I've started to migrate back to apple password manager.

Alhassan
Research Coordinator in Ghana
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

With LastPass, I no longer have to keep one password across all products and services I access

Comments: I no longer had to keep requesting for password changes from service providers because I simply couldn't remember what the last one was. And also Lastpass helped me rid of a lot of bad practices like sending unencrypted emails to myself with passwords, or keeping the same passwords across multiple products and services.

Pros:

Generating passwords can be very frustrating -- my choices were either too weak (and got rejected) or too complicated to remember easily without needing to note it down somewhere. To solve this problem, I would typically come up with one password every year and use it across all tools I use. And this was very risky, because once someone found it out, they could access every single thing I used. With Lastpass' robust password generator, I no longer have to worry about that. I am able to generate unique and strong passwords for each service and safely tuck it away without needing to keep it in memory.

Cons:

I wonder if there could be a system where we could create baskets of associated passwords within the general vault. This would be useful in situations where I needed someone to do some work on some work tools that required password access. I could then give them access to the general vault and the specific basket with the tools they would be using.

Julia
Project Manager in US
Consumer Services, 11–50 Employees

Excellent Password Manager-Easy to Use

Comments: Overall, LastPass keeps my passwords secure and has a great autofill. It also is helpful to see where you are reusing passwords or have weak passwords.

Pros:

LastPass is very easy to use and has a great app and desktop experience. I have used a few other softwares, but LastPass seems to have the best interface with mobile and desktop. The autofill on mobile and desktop is very useful and works most of the time.

Cons:

When the app gets logged out on desktop or mobile, it can be frustrating when the autofill will not work. It also used to be free for several devices, but they now charge for this feature.

Eugenie
graphic design in Canada
Graphic Design Software, 2–10 Employees

A very good and easy password manager storing system online

Comments: Reasonably good pricing plans for business, single users or families. Features i love are the NOTES, the notes are really important for me since I use them a lot for any type of passwords that are not used with your computer, example: your alarm system or your school locks or anything else.

Pros:

I use LastPass Business everywhere, on my desktop, my phone and all my browsers. It is very easy to use and very practical. The Strong password suggestions is very useful.

Cons:

Sharing issues I’ve had some issues with the Family sharing in the past where a family member shared a few passwords, I accidently deleted all his shared passwords in my family sharing center and that person that had shared the password just lost all his original shared passwords (from his lastpass account. I have not had this issue with the Business, but I will make test just to make sure this doesn’t happen again. Hard to get prices with the business plans.

Carla
Office Manager/Support in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Great Password Manager

Comments: I have been using this software for several year. It manages my passwords and it will also manage credit card information, bank account information and other types of information you want to keep secure but at your finger tips.

Pros:

Ease of use and user interface.

Cons:

Exporting of saved password

Keith
IT director in US
Religious Institutions, 501–1,000 Employees

Review

Comments: We were looking for a solution to how to best store all our different passwords. Whether it is user accounts or website logins, we needed a secure, easy way to share program for the entire IT team. LastPass allows all of this and with the added benefit of great reports.

Pros:

The ability to get a quick report on all the activity and status of each user is awesome! I know how often the IT staff is using last pass and if everything is secure.

Cons:

When you want to retrieve passwords for things NOT tied to a specific website, it can take more clicks and time than one would want.

Entertainment, 10,000+ Employees

Easy and seemless

Pros:

The LastPass app and browser plugins work seemlessly together across whatever device I'm using. On mobile, it allows for app passwords, not only websites.

Cons:

Sometimes the Android app stops running in the background or loses its permissions. Not sure if it's an Android issue or a LastPass app issue.

Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

I cannot recommend LastPass enough - it has revolutionised my life

Comments: I honestly don't think I could survive now without LastPass. I have experienced no major issues, support are very quick to respond and the assistance provided is extremely accurate.

Pros:

LastPass security is extremely high as you would expect off a company that provides a secure password service. Before I used LastPass I maintained an encrypted excel document with my various passwords, some hadn't been changed for years and lacked complexity. When they were all entered into LastPass it it automatically scored them, suggested which ones needed changing, and best of all, generated secure string passwords of 48 characters, random upper & lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters. All of my accounts now have extremely long secure passwords that I do not need to remember as I just have to remember my pass phrase that logs me into LastPass and they do the rest for me. From an administrators point of view LastPass Enterprise allows the sharing of admin passwords, access of which can be restricted by Access Control Lists. This has greatly improved the reliability of admin passwords that we store. Finally searching for the passwords is extremely easy - on web pages it automatically triggers if the URL has been set up, and when manually searching simply type the name of the program/account and it will filter the list.

Cons:

The only issue I have had with LastPass is that the browser extension, when first installed, does not have a time out function. This needs to be manually set. As such inexperienced users may well end up leaving their passwords very insecure. My suggestion would be to include a "set up" introduction where the default option of a 5 minute inactivity logout could be modified to however the user desires it. This would ideally need to be done before the browser extension becomes fully live.

Quentin
Quentin
Data Integration Specialist in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Feel secure with your passwords and identity

Comments: Overall I couldn't do internet life without it! From Banks, work sites to free account sites, I need a vault for all of these passwords. LastPass does that.

Pros:

Keeping unique passwords safe is no longer a concern with LastPass. Now I feel comfortable using complex passwords and know I've not used that password for other sites. Also having it automatically populate the username/password on most internet sites is really nice. LastPass also provides a password check to go through all your passwords and tell you how many are old, been compromised (publicly known hacked sites), used on multiple sites, etc. That helps you when you get a notice that an email/password combination for one site was compromised. Change for that one site, verify what other sites use that password too (shouldn't but we do, right) and change to be more secure and prevent hackers getting into your sites, stealing identity, etc.

Cons:

Not being able to log into lastpass for free on both mobile and desktop. I understand the company need to make money. Searching through many passwords saved can be hard at times but overall can find what you are looking for. Haven't seen new features for awhile so maybe something being worked on in the backend of the software?

Favio
Internal Sales Representative in Nicaragua
Real Estate, 201–500 Employees

All your passwords secured and easy to access

Comments: In general, Lastpass it's a GREAT app, has it all, secure storage of my sensitive data, password generation, easy to fill out the info in every app or site I use on a daily basis, can access my password from anywhere, and, best of all, I only need to remember 1 Master Password.

Pros:

I really like how easy is to access all my passwords with just a few clicks, no need to remember them, and can set up a different one for each site or app I use every day, also, I don't waste any time creating a new one using the "generate secure password" option, allowing me to comply with any password requirement, and, with the Premium Plan, now I have unlimited access from any computer or mobile device, saving me a lot of time and headaches.

Cons:

There have been concerns regarding how secure the app and the site are, but, after all the time I have spent using Lastpass I have no doubts all my information is in a secure place, however, the only thing I was not happy with was to choose from which device I would need to continue using the service, desktop or mobiles, unless I upgraded to Premium, was thinking about doing it anyway, but, didn{t like to be forced to do it.

🌿Tim
🌿Tim
Senior iOS Developer in Austria
Financial Services Software, 11–50 Employees

Great password storage for the average adult

Pros:

LastPass provides the ability to store passwords in the cloud for retrieval over many devices. This allows for users to create unique, complex and long passwords for each service they use without the worry of having to remember them. This as a result vastly improves the average user's security because they will have difficult to crack unique passwords for every service. So even if 1 password is compromised others are not. Before using this software I had a number of hacks on a few services i used because one password shared over many websites was compromised. Since I moved to lastPass this hasnt happened. Its also very affordable for family use offering very cheap family packages and allowing sharing between users. I use it with my whole family and since the whole family has switched we haven't had any compromised passwords. Finally its very easy to use. Which does provide some security flaws but is in my opinion a great compromise for the average user. Often security and ease of use collide, i think that Lastpass handles this in the best possible way for the average user

Cons:

Simply the fact that passwords are stored online rather than in an offline repository could provide an attack vector. But this is offset by ease of use and password sharing between devices. I also don't know the physical location that the password server i use is located. This could compromise my accounts to foreign actors.

Madhu
Madhu
UK
Graphic Design Software, Self Employed

One-word: Indispensable - One of the greatest apps ever made.

Pros:

Lastpass has 10 key pros: 1) Password generation and auto filling LastPass generate secure passwords for every website you use. It saves them as well and automatically logs into the website. This means you can create passwords that are very difficult for hackers to guess, without having the trouble of remembering them. 2) Form fill You can set up profiles with all your details allowing Lastpass to automatically fill in online forms for you. You can even set up profiles for obscure details. You can switch between profiles, which is handy if you have multiple email accounts or phone numbers. 3) Automatic password changing For certain sites, Lastpass will automatically change your password. This makes it a breeze to change your passwords on a regular basis, which is a good way to keep secure. 4) Alerts when a website has been hacked If a website is known to be hacked, Lastpass will alert you to change your password. This will make sure that the hacker is stuck with an old password that is useful for them. 5) Hardware authentication Lastpass can be linked to a hardware device such as your mobile phone. That way, in order to login to your account, you will need your mobile, which keeps your account very secure. 6) Password sharing You can share passwords. This is very useful in an office where multiple people might have access to the same website. 7) Excellent interface The interface is very streamlined. It automatically pops up when you need it and then disappears when you don’t. 8) Multi-platform Lastpass works on all platforms including Windows, Mac, Android. On mobile, it can even work with apps, which is a big time saver. 9) Password audit Lastpass can audit your passwords to search for insecurities (such as duplicate passwords, old passwords or hacked passwords) 10) It’s free Remarkably all these features are free (apart from Password sharing which is only in the premium plan).

Cons:

Lastpass has one con. On certain websites it can forget to save the password you created, which will lock you out of the site. This is very rare, but it is annoying when it happens. As a workaround you can copy the password to your clipboard when it is created. That way, if it forgets to save the password, you can just paste it back into its database of your passwords.